I CAN'T DO IT

I CAN'T DO IT
IF I HEAR ONE MORE WORD ABOUT LACROSSE I'M GOING TO FREAK
I JUST WANT TO SEE ALL THE COOL WAR STUFF AND MECHS

Attached: 71e2Lf2BfIL._SX342_.jpg (342x435, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eo70K2A7H4w
youtube.com/watch?v=eITlOEaBvO8
i.imgur.com/oY2vWbe.jpg
i.imgur.com/OhESZRM.jpg
i.imgur.com/JGoHflz.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=w5JICa_ZxBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

C

Sumika shit Meiya good

you should just stop now because you're clearly playing muv luv for the wrong thing

WHEN DOE THIS MOE SHIT END GOD
I'M COUNTING THE INGAME DAYS

Lacrosse? I love lacrosse OP. What's your favorite part about that arc?

On the bright side, that's the bottom of Maburabu.

Just give up now. This is not the VN for you.

Attached: 1527264991222.png (726x662, 677K)

>spoiled already
what's the point?
I feel so bad for people who didn't play this blind, enjoy muv-luv for what it is, then enjoy the sequels

Protip, if you have horrible memories of the original game there's no point even reading it. Its entire purpose is to be a source of nostalgia for you after the genre shift, to create a narrative resonance with the protagonist. Instead you will have the opposite effect, a narrative dissonance where the protag is longing for his simple school life and you're laughing about how you'd never go back.

I'm at the part where mc has his whole neighbor hood demolished for his mc mansion am I at least getting close?

I DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR SHITTY ANIME TROPES THAT I HAVE SEEN 5000 TIMES ALREADY
WHEN DOES THE PTSD KICK IN

As someone who read ML knowing the twist, I still had a lot of surprises in Alternative and it was still a fantastic story.

H

I passed that point some time ago,you are not even close
I don't even think that is the middle
How could it not be spoiled though

Did they ever translate the version of the game where she got tentacled and ahegao'd like a slut?

Attached: file.png (484x138, 110K)

O

I heard about Muv-Luv and heard people recommending it but never read any more about it than it's good. I decided I wanted to read a VN one day and read it. I knew there was a sequel called Alternative that was highly acclaimed but that's it.

Yeah thats where I dropped this garbage
If I want mechs and shit there are a billion other games that can actually give me mechs and shit

Is the Zero D(icks) version, just look at the cover.

I heard about some good feels
Lucky,i got blasted by it on the steam page

Just stop, user. If you can't grow a liking for the characters, the world they're in or have any attachment then give up. Alternative relies really heavily on you caring about Extra so if you really despise it this much, you're going to feel nothing for anyone.

In a weird sorta way it is kinda comfy and i like some of them
But the rest of this shit is so boring it's a fucking death march
I've been blasting Swans and random 80s punk while playing it

If you really want to stick with it, then do Meiya's route, Sumika's route, and at least one more of your choosing. Then you can move on.

Also does it get any better in Unlimited or is also a death march

Attached: 84ebf6da73a2b854184e533ebef78b3ce7190000297fe6c2f80333e25164e6ae.jpg (448x500, 49K)

the whole thing is about the characters and if all you're wanting is mech action then just stop

It seems like a plod because you know what happens next but even Unlimited isn't much faster paced and Alternative takes a while to get into the stuff you're excited for. If Extra is too slow for you, you're not in for things getting faster. Keep in mind the original version needed both Sumika and Meiya's routes done in Extra because of its importance to the overarching plot.
Trust me, if you're doing that now to stay on board, you're going to burn out before you get to the spoilers you heard of

But this is the most of the most generic cookie cutter shit i've seen in my life
It is fucking painful
I'm in it for the horrors of war

If you want le epic robots go watch the Total Eclipse anime or something, it's a VN that revolves around a developing chad and his harem

you've already missed the point entirely so you really should just stop

I fucking hated Extra but I sat through it anyway and it was absolutely worth it for the payoff in Alternative during which the characters had grown on me a great deal.

I don't know what exactly happens but i know it's pretty horrible so that's cool
I'm gonna try and stick it in,i got a sixpack and a playlist of heavy metal

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Mc's childhood friends gonna die aint she?

test

Oh yeah i'm supposed to care about Tsundere type #5958B and aloof rich girl number 39887
Fuck off

>playing a 100 hour long game that's entirely about characters you don't like or care about because EPIC MECHS LMAO
okay this is cringe

Attached: 1350505228118.png (545x593, 336K)

To be fair it's almost impossible to play the game unspoiled at this point.
Looking it up on Google or buying it on Steam will spoil you with the first result.

In a way it's the series' fault. You can't really make an entire series out of a twist and expect the effect of said twist to maintain as time goes on.

Then stop. Because i can already imagine your reaction to the PTSD Arc

>"HELL YEAH STUPID BITCH TEACHER DIED THAT WAS AWESOME LOOK AT THE GORE"
>"FUCK NO I DON'T WANNA GO BACK TO EXTRA"
>"FUCK YES SHE DIED AGAIN"
>"CHILDHOOD FRIEND MURDERED? AWESOME"
>"WAIT WHY THE FUCK DO WE WANT TO FIX IT?"

Like I said, user. There is nothing here for you, go watch a Gundam or some shit if you wanna watch robots shoot each other.

Attached: 1551338876591.jpg (420x410, 17K)

It's not abut fucking mechs you dumb fucks
This entire thing is generic
Let's assume i didn't know about this twist,it would't change shit
The characters are entirely fucking two dimensional and so is the entire fucking setting
How am i going to empathize and care about literal fucking caricatures

Must suck to have this spoiled for you. When i first played it I knew nothing about it - I had to stand up and take a breather when It first went into alt universe shit. Good times...

Fuck it man i'm gonna stick it out
If someone dies i'll get a kick out of it
Or who knows i may end up caring

>How am i going to empathize and care about literal fucking caricatures
I don't think anime is for you.

It gets better later, you have to force yourself through that shit. All I can say is that it's worth it, the cool war stuff and the mechs, the PTSD, a unique sci-fi epic, it all happens eventually and it's great, you've just got to get there.
Ignore this guy he's talking shit. Pretty much everyone hates Extra or at best puts up with it, and no-one can stand the fucking Lacrosse arc. It is better on the second run though, when you can see all the foreshadowing and know what's coming.

There's tons of good anime that doesn't rely on tropes and shit like that
It's really fucking painful man but i know i'm gonna fucking pull through no matter what
I just needed to vent for a bit and hear some second takes

Don't bother OP, it's not particularly good.
As others have mentioned, the entire series is based around torturing characters that you are attached to and that's about it. Everything in the first half serves the purpose of being just cutesy and innocent enough for you to be surprised when heads start rolling.

However if you were expecting the first half to be anything beyond that then you're SOL. There can't be too much effort put into it because no sane writer would want to do put effort into developing characters and arcs specifically to get rid of it all.

Attached: 1495901753235.png (566x580, 488K)

again why are you playing a 100 hour game that is literally entirely about characters that you don't even like?

Muv Luv is very overrated for its length

Unlimited is about takeru training to be a soldier and usnt much better since its a fish out of water story that has some buildup.
Alt is about him suffering not much crazy mech action just giving you a headsup since its only a few long scenes which i wasnt wowd by besides WHOA TAKERU TOOK OUT A SHITLOAD OF BETA FAGS IS HE EVEN HUMAN NIGGA?

I want to see why everyone is hyping it up
Besides i got nothing better to do with my time

everyone who is hyping it up like it because it's character driven and they liked the characters, you don't like the characters so you really should just do something else because you're not going to like it

I'm in too deep and i'm not quitting it untill i finish it
I'll see this shit for myself

>As others have mentioned, the entire series is based around torturing characters that you are attached to and that's about it.
Sounds an awful lot like...

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 773K)

I still don't know what force compelled me to keep playing all the way through Extra, usually I drop shit I'm not enjoying pretty quickly, but that time I didn't. Can't guarantee anything of course, but for me it was 100% worth it, and I've heard a ton of other people say the same. Unlimited is decent, but Alternative is where it really becomes something special.
The characters only become likeable because of the development they get through Unlimited and Alternative. I didn't really care for any of them originally through Extra, and actively disliked a few.

The only forces compelling me forwards are alcohol,insomnia and Michael Gira's voice

I love Meiya

Attached: 1432823957856.jpg (491x843, 181K)

MLA wasn't that good.

No, not at all.

>The characters only become likeable because of the development they get through Unlimited and Alternative
except half their development happens in extra

chotto

Attached: 20160801191730_1.jpg (1024x600, 120K)

Really beacuse all i'm seeing is LACROSSE AND LUNCHES

Context?

Attached: 20171001163303_1.jpg (1024x600, 115K)

The vast majority of Meiya's character development starts in late November.

>tfw liked extra
Meiya made all that worth it

Attached: 1549412247069.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

wild how somehow extra, which isn't even remotely subtle, somehow goes over 90% of the people on this website's heads

Attached: 1339004679664.png (1632x1152, 2.21M)

cutest sword autist

Attached: 1552995209321.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

Well at least the Rei Ayanami refrence is cool i guess

STOP!
Watch the vids before clicking on the embed images. Take a moment to think about what kind of series you think this will be.
youtube.com/watch?v=Eo70K2A7H4w
youtube.com/watch?v=eITlOEaBvO8

i.imgur.com/oY2vWbe.jpg
i.imgur.com/OhESZRM.jpg
i.imgur.com/JGoHflz.jpg

Didn't expect that, did you?

Attached: file.png (1024x576, 589K)

RROL best town

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Hey man don't spoil that shit for them

You're right, I should have let the convo go on a bit before throwing down the anchor.

Honestly if you are somewhat spoiled on events in a series it doesn't mean that the entire experience is gonna be ruined
For example,i heard about some of the mindfuck sht in Evangelion and i loved the fuck out of it

hell yeah

Attached: 20170925205339_1.jpg (1024x600, 127K)

>"I'd never forget anything about you, Takeru-chan..."

Attached: 1553391959522.jpg (1112x1600, 664K)

Meiya and Sumika get some development in Extra, but neither of them were particularly interesting until Unlimited and Alternative respectively. As for the others, well, maybe there's something there in Extra if you do their routes, but fuck that. I only barely made it through the required ones, and they got plenty enough character building in Unlimited to make me start caring about them anyway.

It's so fucking cash how this series evolved and how characters developed. Fucking hilarious
>cutesy story about a magical girl harem and the MC saving the day
>main heroine gets corrupted as each game progresses
>becomes cheating slut by the third game and basically NTR'd in secret forever
>3 more girls introduced for 4th and 5th game focus
>they're story of corrupting towards that bad ending proceeds
>entire series ends as netorare from what was originally vanilla

Attached: 1541511392943.png (1024x576, 883K)

Photonflowers sidestories have been fun to read.

Attached: 20190315173930_1.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

You and your ilk need to be gassed.

Attached: 1516843145874.jpg (552x748, 54K)

Attached: Takemeiyazuchi.jpg (3333x2500, 664K)

just go through sumika and meiya then move onto the extra route and you'll get your robots
THEN you can do alternative and join the CHOMP club

youtube.com/watch?v=w5JICa_ZxBk

Continue seething.

Attached: file.png (1280x960, 1.38M)

NOBLE
CONFIDANT

Attached: Mitsurugi.Meiya.full.1116451.jpg (1632x1152, 292K)

Attached: 1544945643009.png (644x557, 914K)

Marimo-chan is so nice and caring

Attached: 1549456928059.jpg (1442x2140, 977K)

wait photonflowers got translated?

Backer version is out on Steam and was uploaded to nyaa

Delete this

Attached: 20190316213553_1.jpg (1920x1080, 238K)

refresh my memory, is it the one with the post alternative universe? like with meiyas sister in school and stuff

I'll take the girl with a private XB-70 and YF-23s over the childhood friend

Attached: 1553397878544.png (1920x1080, 849K)

That's from photonmelodies, which will come later.

If you're talking about Altered Fable, that's never been touched since the last failed attempt.

No, that's Before the Shimmering Time Ends, which is from photonmelodies. Flowers is a collection of the Extra stories from Supplement in 2004 and a mix of things from Chronicles 01 and Ayu Mayu.

Attached: Dy5wfkzUwAAGLJ-.jpg (1024x600, 140K)

Still have not read Alternative side stories. Need to finish Alternative second time before I get to those.

cumming brain in a jar

Attached: 1552978611812.jpg (1270x1466, 307K)

context? Never played guy here.

he's bullying sumika

Attached: chomp.png (725x1024, 789K)

why is she a ninja

Just skip the Lacrosse part user, I did.
It LITERALLY adds nothing to the series.
Just go through Sumika and Meiya's route then you are good. It takes like 5ish hours.

I will be real.
You wont get real mech action till Alternative.
If you absolutely need to then I guess you could go read Chronicles 0 instead, because the first one is pretty decent by itself and has everything that made Alternative great. And I think you can go through it even without playing the main games I guess.

So is this series just edgy to be edgy? Sounds like it from the various threads I've read.

Why not?

Attached: 20190316214316_1.jpg (1920x1080, 227K)

>people reading a visual novel for mecha action
???

It's from when she was training to receive the Minaru Kamui.

OH MY

I don't remember this at all.

That's how dead the genre is.

Attached: 1549139487735.png (438x418, 101K)

It's from Photonflowers. Meiya has two short stories before Extra, the second is her looking back on her Mugen Kidou training because she has no idea what to expect when she returns home to woo Takeru.

>tfw I've finally finished Alternative so I can no longer be spoiled
I'm finally free from these shackles

Are you sure?

Attached: 1363469721596.jpg (1024x600, 80K)

So I just finished the Sumika and Meiya routes. How long do the other 3 routes take to finish? I really can't give less of a fuck about Tama and the class rep with her lacrosse shit. But unfortunately I have completion autism and require myself to read everything in order to continue with unlimited.

Attached: 1552738915980.jpg (1068x1320, 92K)

Probably around 3-4 hours each depending on how fast you read. I found Ayamine's soap opera insufferable but it does introduce a character who's important in Alternative.

>Tragedy for the sake of tragedy
>Fan service to keep brainlets invested in the story
Miss me with that pathetic bullshit

Ignore all the autismos here telling you that you need to get 100% completion in extra, you only need to do sumika and meiya's routes just so you get to understand the relationship between the MC and the other characters aswell as an understanding of their character, extra is the most cookie cutter shit there is and nothing about it is enjoyable to read it's all just there to set things up.

I only did sumika and meiya's routes and skipped most of the autismic dialogue for both and still enjoyed reading alternative, you are literally not missing out on anything by skipping the other routes they are cliched as fuck and mind numbingly boring and predictable.

Its is overrated, a meme.

You're an impatient twat, you're honestly better off uninstalling and going back to lobby shooters like the ADD-riddled child you are.

Yuuhi a SHIT

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
for the love of god anons please give me something to play after having experience Muv Luv. I need more kamige but vns just aren't the same after Muv Luv. HELP ME

HELP ME

Retard

You just played the only VN worth a shit, sorry. Maybe they'll localize this one once people are done with pathetic ironic weeb bait VNs

Attached: n+.png (723x1024, 1.85M)

It's definitely worth it, OP. Keep forcing yourself through it.

It all pays off at the end just don't give up.

Just skip to Alternative. People who say you should play the prequels are retarded.

>blind
Why the fuck would anyone keep playing if they had no idea it's more than a shitty generic VN?

Literally me when I was trying to finish Muv-Luv 1. I dropped this shit because it was so boring and cliche. I have no problem with watching generic cgdct moeshit but characters were just unlikable.

I've played a good deal and Alternative is definitely the best VN of all time. For other recs you need to choose a genre, as there's some other golden ones but they are also very different.

umineko

>just skip to Alternative
and then you have zero attachment to Sumika which completely defeats the purpose of what happens to her, and I say this as someone who hated her in Extra

Muv-Luv is for patricians who can enjoy SoL and mecha/war. Only a select few can truly enjoy it.

>cringe weebshit for 10 hours
>Twist: oh there's mecha and aliens cool
> cringe weebshit for 10 hours
> don't see any mecha or aliens for another 30 hours

the exploit of alternative is to turn fucking extra shits to nostalgia, and then to kino's vn with all the foreshadowing
i still don't know how they did it

Unlimited is pretty correct, but it's mostly because i did it just after extra

I somehow played Muv Luv last year without being spoiled. I only vaguely remembered that it was really really good and talked about a lot a while back. It wasn't until I got to chomp in Alternative that I remembered why it was talked about. Fucking fantastic VN and I enjoyed Extra a lot too. Alternative only makes Extra better too.

TDA FUCKING WHEN AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: NO Ichimonji orbital drifting Takeru through the atmosphere to drop him off in 00-R to crash Meiya a (2300x1440, 1.96M)

Why do they let you fuck Tamase? I saw the scene, you fuck her in the ass because her cunny is too small. Japan why?

Attached: 2412348-muvluv020.png (320x240, 152K)

Never and it's never going to get a conclusion because Age is incompetent and aNCHOR owns them now.

This is your future.

Attached: 1539260470447.jpg (1276x720, 420K)

I played Alt first and Sumika was my favorite girl. The flashbacks do more than a sufficient job of explaining her relationship to the MC, and I wanted to go back to the old world and see her simply because she's not in the BETA world. I played Extra/Unlimited after and they added almost nothing. There's only a single important fact you miss on, and that is the explanation of the history of the BETA in the beginning of Unlimited. You could also play the first few parts of Extra to get a grasp on how the world worked and the cast's original personalities, but that's it. Actually playing and finishing the first two games are an utter waste of time that's only worth it for SOL waifufags or people with no life.

I JUST WANT THE RAPTORS LAST DANCE IN THE SALTY DESERT AND THE TRANSITION TO THE ALTERNATIVE VERSE WITH KUROGANE GOING APESHIT SO I CAN BE FREE OF MUV LUV

>tfw sucky project is ruining baldr sky
>we could be playing a fan translation right now if they hadn't fucked everything up

Admittedly that is the worst part to get through.
If its the first read through then whatever, but trying to see the end with all the girls makes the lacross section really "ugh..." and is the reason the text skip button was invented.

But once you get to unlimited it gets so much better.

Attached: the best.jpg (960x540, 202K)

>reading the cringy porn scenes

Attached: nya~.png (798x600, 559K)

Attached: 1532973164530.webm (1280x720, 2.76M)

>playing a fucking visual novel and complaining about "weebshit"
yikes

Please don't post TSF Forefront, it still hurts
>no timeline where From Software made a Muv Luv shooter a decade ago based on AC4 at the height of Alternative's popularity

What other Muv Luv stuff should I play? I only played Extra, Unlimited, and Alternative, but their are other VNs, right? Isn't there one that takes place in the world at the end of Alternative?

>TFW gets done in because creator says that he lost interest after no content and that there was no will anymore to continue
timeline where AGE provided content when?

Attached: 1539983110719.png (900x1042, 90K)

>Muv Luv is in a shitty super robot wars gacha game but not on super robot wars T
god fucking damnit

No. The whole trilogy is about Takeru's character growth.

>Isn't there one that takes place in the world at the end of Alternative?
Before the Shimmering Time Ends from Altered Fable. It should be in the translated Photonmelodies if it ever comes out, but it's the all-ages version. There's a partial patch for the Japanese version that covers Sumika and Meiya's routes.

Why the hell would you do that? Alternative is the only good game anyway.

It's been almost 9 years and this scene still hurts me

Attached: Meiya Unlimited.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

>Meiya-fags exists
Still baffles me to this day.

This really doesn't get to me anymore, but I think that's because I saw this 3 times in Unlimited.

Meiya was the best girl in Unlimited and arguably the best in Alternative and Extra as well. I personally don't see it that way for the latter, but I can see why someone would think so.

Not surprising that the girl with by far the most development in the series has fans.

Muv-Luv is about suffering user, if you're not suffering then there's no point.

I want more VNs with suffering.

every single moege is suffering once you realize that after finishing them you are all alone once again

AAAAAAAH

It does have good action though.

>that one time when Takeru held off multiple beta with no weapons at all
Fucking sick display of skill. It's a shame what happened afterwards.

I wouldn't have done lacrosse 5 fucking times if it wasn't for Meiya. She was my guiding light in Extra.
On the other hand Sumika was generic clingy childhood friend. She needed to become a fucking robot in order for me to start giving a shit about her.

>She was my guiding light in Extra
I guess you could say she was your noble confidant

We got extremely monkey pawed

Well, it's not too bad honestly. I remember having this exact reaction to it.
But I still cried later anyway. And the later arcs of Alternative after that are all gold.

Best girl is Kasumi, no one else even comes close.
If you didn't cry at pic related, then you didn't understand it.

Attached: KasumiCry.png (1343x786, 1.51M)

I didn't cry there, but I understood it. God damn that end was well worth it though.

>Isumi's Chronicles story starts off with her Alternative death scene
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

Tama is my waifu!

Attached: [010074].jpg (600x800, 432K)

a man of taste I see

I want to play Isumi's game

Attached: 1488374012143.png (1024x600, 641K)

is there an uncensor patch for the steam versions of these

why would you want a patch that makes the game worse?

Denpasoft has the paid patch on their site, Nyaa might have a torrent for it but since I have the old fan translation I haven't checked

Yes for Extra/Unlimited and Alternative
No for Photonflowers.

because I want to play the version of the vn the makers intended

So why not learn japanese?

You fuckers are horrible, go look at porn if you want to jack off.

that's what the all ages version is

They do. That's how I played the game.

>the removal of the suits' protruding nipples is what the creators intended
"No!"

Attached: 1488285020487.jpg (1007x584, 123K)