Halo Lore Thread

ITT we talk about the games and the lore behind them.
with that said i have a question
What has and has not been retconned in 343's nu!Halo?

There was discussion about some of the newer books already being retconned, but I'd like to know more.

Attached: 13afa89f930a010ba0f06b4260853862.jpg (1920x1240, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/5qUUCe9Z
alephone.lhowon.org/
simplici7y.com/items/alex-jones-bob-voice-over
halopedia.org/Eric_Trautmann
waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/xwqjg3/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history
haruspis.wordpress.com/2017/10/30/you-are-forerunner-a-complete-history/
halopedia.org/United_Rebel_Front
halopedia.org/Battle_for_Earth
imgur.com/a/OOF1r
imgur.com/a/6FqzO
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ZUJSdjgxUXctZ2s
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Marathon#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29
simplici7y.com/items/fov-script
halopedia.org/Offensive_Bias
halopedia.org/Star_road
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk&list=RDCIGHCoVzqtk&start_radio=1
marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/m1/5.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=i5jPy-GmyUc
twitter.com/VienQuitonm/status/956204484442632197
marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/
youtube.com/watch?v=UbwLYxYIavo
military.com/daily-news/2019/03/04/trump-applauds-soldiers-bronze-star-heroism-during-jber-visit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bTpzs-wMD3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Discussing "Halo Lore" is one tier higher than "CoD Lore".

It really isn't.

Attached: mw2.jpg (500x734, 476K)

quick reminder that spartan 3 > spartan 2

FUCK KAREN TRAVIS AND FUCK BAD BLOOD.
That being said, the lore is a mess right now. Just remember that unfortunately the games are the master when talking about Lore and all the books are canon unless retconned by the game or by later books.

Sorry. I meant fuck ‘New Blood’.

The games after ODST have been worse than the books so I'm not sure that's any comfort

There's always the Reach argument but there's still the 'feel' of "I'm playing a Halo Game" where in 4 and 5 I never really got that feel.

I agree that Reach is far better than what followed, but it still had an inferior story to Fall of Reach and was the point where I stopped preferring game story over book story

Someone should copy over the 5 post long summary of which books were worth reading from a recent thread.

I just hated the new look and bland ship design for the UNSC. Also, what they did to Cortana.

Someone do this, I'd appreciate it!

Thread got 404'd so I can't get back to it.
Fucking Jannies and their late as fuck response time. Just as we were beginning to actually talk about the games too.

Hello fellows I've been made aware that some of you are wondering which books are worth reading. Well you're in luck, I have your answer.

I just went through my closet and found the following books:
>Fall of Reach
>Contact Harvest
>First Strike
>Cole Protocol
>The Flood
>Ghosts of Onyx
Which brings me to the conclusion that these are the ones worth reading, and if the book isn't listed then it isn't worth reading. Thank you for your time.

On a serious note, half of those books were written by Eric Nylund, and I like his writing style which lead me to explore his other books. In doing so, I found "A Game of Universe" and "Pawn's Dream" written by him and thought they were good reads, so some of you might like them too.

The Flood is only good in the non-Chief parts

Will we EVER play as grey team and live out survival as a spartan in the backest backwoods of the galaxy trying to survive on fuck-me planet with god knows whats there?

The Forerunner Trilogy is great IMO but some people don't like ruining the mystery

No

We've got a big fat list of that already though. Surprised it doesn't get use around here more.

Actually I thought I had it as I was typing that out, but I have the blank version.
there's an image just like pic related but it has color coding and explanations for which books are good to read.

Attached: 1553193952945.jpg (1908x3424, 1.22M)

but they are clearly the most interesting spartans of them all because they didn't give a fuck and stole a pelican and were never heard of again. They'd be the best way to open up a new game in this world

holy shit, I had no idea they kept shoving books out. I dropped halo novels after the first 2 travissty books. Are the post traviss books any good?

Agreed. The gameplay didn't translate very well to written words.
Would've been better to have one or two mentions of the cheif throughout, so the reader knows what part of the game we're in, but mostly focused on Silva and Keyes, filling in the parts you don't play through.

>the books I listed are just the first 6 books
Well at least I'm glad I didn't miss any of them.

How is Shadow of Intent? It's written by an author who wrote one of the earlier books and it looks like it takes place when everything was still interesting.

pastebin.com/5qUUCe9Z

link to the five posts from last thread

>Travissty
Oh that's good. I'm going to steal that.

It's a novella and apparently it's pretty good.

Based.

Attached: 1553199348794.jpg (1680x2583, 1.41M)

FUCK 343I AND FUCK NUHALO

You guys should play Marathon. It's like Halo but you don't have to read any books because the games are already wordy enough as-is. In fact most of the lore in Halo is heavily based on Marathon.

Attached: marathon.jpg (638x365, 34K)

Is there an easy way to play it and does it have a somewhat modern control scheme?

It's been open source for a while now.
alephone.lhowon.org/

mite scheck it out then. I don't want to burn myself out on Halo while I'm waiting for the Reach flighting so this might be something to do.

If humans aren't descended from forerunners anymore, what is the given reason for the Covenant's genocide now?

In the books, it was literally because the Prophets realized that the discovery of humans being forerunners would destroy the Covenant. Those who were lied to would want revenge, and even the die-hard zealots would start worshiping humanity and simply label the Prophets as heretics. It would end in genocide for most of the San'Shyuum.

Because the Forerunners programmed all their machines to accept humans as their inheritors and gave them the same rank

I keep starting this game then stopping after a few levels.
Maybe now I've played a shitload of Doom I can properly get into it. I need to go download aleph again.
How do you all stay motivated to finish it? I don't wanna be ADHD, I wanna immerse.

only thing a spartan III is better at than a spartan II is being used as cannon fodder

The CAT2 Spartan III's are logically better than the Spartan II's because of the training they received and the genetics that they possessed.
Seriously, The CAT2 Spartan IIIs:
>would have met the genetic requirements for the Spartan II program
>were given augmentations that are at the very least just as effective as the Spartan II's augmentations (page 63 of GoO)
>were given better training (page 67 of GoO)
since they were trained by a Spartan II and the Spartan II's trainer
>learned from the Spartan II's current field tactics and operations while in training (Page 139 of GoO) to the date of when they begin to earn their own experience themselves after training
>possess a certain motivation to succeed that the Spartan II's never had (page 70 of GoO)
>earned years or even decades of experience over time on top of what they learned from the Spartan II's

By comparison, Spartan II's:
>meet the requirements for the Spartan II program same as CAT-2 S3's (Absolute peak of humanity) (Halo: Mythos page 60)
>were given less advanced augmentations
>were given less advanced training
>posses their own decades of experience, while indirectly teaching the Spartan III's

For example, Ash-G099 was the first to make a plan against an enemy that none of Blue Team or Team Saber had seen before, despite Blue Team having almost thirty years of experience over him.

S3 Alpha Company was below S2's, but from Beta Company onwards they were superior, or would be given the same experience and gear the S2's had. Training and augmentation-wise they already are superior.

>Is there an easy way to play it
Yes, google Aleph One.
>and does it have a somewhat modern control scheme?
Pretty much, I mean it's a mid 90s FPS so obviously it's gonna feel a bit dated. But as far as controls go the only things that are really lacking are no jump button, no manual reload, and no hotkeys for weapons. In the 2nd and 3rd games it can also be difficult to exit water sometimes.

Do it. If you get lost go to marathon.bungie.org and look up the Marathon Spoiler guide which will help point you in the right direction. There's also a story page which has a full archive of terminals (you're bound to miss some of the hidden ones) and breaks down the plot which gets pretty complex by the third game. I wouldn't recommend diving into that stuff until you've finished though.

Take it a level at a time. After all, it is a marathon not a sprint. :^)

In all seriousness, just try to get yourself into the mindset of someone playing in the days when the FPS genre was young. Enjoy the technical advancements (Mouselook! Dual wielding! Heavily vertical environments!) and depth of storytelling which was revolutionary in its day. And just try to play better. By the second or third chapter you should be into it and find it fun. And even if you can't adjust yourself to the old-style gameplay the story really IS worth it. Even if you spend a sleepless night just trawling the story page you still won't get the full context unless you've actually played the games. And it's a crazy fucking ride.

>Marathon
>Forerunner
>runner
>you run in a marathon

Attached: 1484791641852.png (451x471, 319K)

simplici7y.com/items/alex-jones-bob-voice-over

Attached: alex-jones.jpg (968x726, 45K)

As I said, I've been playing a shitload of the 1990s Doom games, so it's not an issue of "muh technology".
I think the main thing is that I find the story difficult to get into, but with all these anons saying it's so good, I really want to get past the initial grind and immerse myself in the lore.
I know once I've gotten into it I'll stay there.

Yo, I'm in Aleph One, and I want to play windowed, but I can't get it to make a larger window. It's just some tiny 300x400 shit in the middle of my screen.

It's slow at first because you're just running errands for Leela (who's just a boring regular AI) trying to process and combat the Pfhor invasion. It picks up when Durandal kidnaps you.

The thing with Halo lore is that even in the original Bungie era shit didn't make sense if you looked at it too hard. People make them out to be these genius storytellers who had the plot all mapped out from the start, but the truth is that a lot of the time they made shit up off the cuff, and oftentimes literally did not give a shit about the lore.

Most of Halo CE wasn't even written by Bungie. While Bungie had planned out general ideas of the story, the actual writing of the game wasn't done until later in development.
At the time, folks up the chain at Bungie were trying to kill Fall of Reach and the expanded universe as a whole. It was Eric Trautmann who essentially prevented that from happening, and one of the conditions of that happening was that he, Matt Soell, and Brannon Boren would have to do the majority of the writing work that Bungie was behind on. So TFOR and much of Halo CE were penned essentially alongside one-another by Microsoft's own team rather than Bungie's internal writers. High-ups at Bungie originally didn't care for the idea of ODSTs either, when the notion of having them in Halo 2 was brought up they were totally opposed to the idea because they didn't think fans would recognize them.

Joe Staten, the guy everybody jerks off as the genius behind Halo lore, literally was not present for the final act.

>MARTY O’DONNELL: For a while Joe [Staten] physically wasn’t in the studio or working on Halo 3. We were trying to figure out who was going to write the story. We tried a couple different story committees. It was really difficult.

Attached: 1519888354473.jpg (960x720, 156K)

Weird. Maybe try manually setting the resolution?

Halo 3 was written by a round table committee. Marty O'Donnell, who basically had seniority over the others even if he was only the composer, made a point that there was no drama unfolding, nothing shocking happening in the last act, so it was he who decided to kill off Johnson and Keyes. This loose supervision of 3's story is also why you get two different explanations of the Forerunners in the same game: "You ARE Forerunner!", from Guilty Spark, and the terminals, which explain that the Forerunners found ancient humanity on Earth and considered it a paradise planet.

halopedia.org/Eric_Trautmann
waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/xwqjg3/the-complete-untold-history-of-halo-an-oral-history
haruspis.wordpress.com/2017/10/30/you-are-forerunner-a-complete-history/

The Halo Encyclopedia was caught literally stealing fanon theories off of Halopedia, which were later made canon just because they were widely circulated.
>halopedia.org/United_Rebel_Front
>halopedia.org/Battle_for_Earth

I'm not bringing all of this up to say 343 isn't that bad, if anything take this as incentive to just ignore and headcanon away anything they put out, because you basically have to headcanon your way through the Bungie lore as well.

Attached: 40f60f8506ff1cc86913ae2ca371233a.jpg (1920x2645, 754K)

If they have such huge ships why didn't they just do aerial attacks?

Changing the "Screen Size" option does nothing. Is there some other place I can change it?

Lack of shielding meant plasma could melt straight through even the thickest hull.

I don't think anyone ever called Bungie genius storytellers. But I a) think for a straight, simple FPS it tells a decent military sci-fi story and b) think it told a far tighter, more cohesive story in a far better way (i.e. narrative quality) than Half Life/Half Life 2/Episodes did, and that it's ridiculous the latter series gets fellated so much for "revolutionizing FPS storytelling" etc, when Halo is largely looked down on story-wise.

>The thing with Halo lore is that even in the original Bungie era shit didn't make sense if you looked at it too hard. People make them out to be these genius storytellers who had the plot all mapped out from the start, but the truth is that a lot of the time they made shit up off the cuff, and oftentimes literally did not give a shit about the lore.

Yea, its one of those things where they unintentionally struck gold but had no clue what to do with any of it. Its why even though Halo lore can be interesting, discussing it in any meaningful way is pointless. At the end of the day everyone walks away dissatisfied with how the whole thing turned out.

Shit, I guess it's just the menu that doesn't change, the game itself does. My bad.

>>The Halo Encyclopedia was caught literally stealing fanon theories off of Halopedia, which were later made canon just because they were widely circulated.
>>halopedia.org/United_Rebel_Front
>>halopedia.org/Battle_for_Earth
jesus fucking christ

Please someone post that comic from halo legends with the halo ring breaking. You know the one I mean.

Attached: f318248a3bed668af531396e0119e974620d8b3698216de8c3d3d5085dbef4de.jpg (720x537, 87K)

>Karen Traviss
God, is the the one who 343 hired to do the books now? This is the same dead fish writer who turned Republic Commando into a boring tumblr-tier romance story with her Jedi self-insert.

Attached: 450.jpg (640x516, 167K)

New question
Is there any way to increase this shitty FOV?
I can deal with it if I have to but I'd rather not.

This one?

Attached: 1553221811352.jpg (1260x1938, 901K)

Why is 343 so retarded? How does the UNSC magicslly recover from a 28 year long war in 10 years? Unless thry pull out of their ass that the Elites stuck around and gave support like America did to the South, Europe and Japan after losing brutal wars where everything was destroyed they should be facing almost systemic government collapse.

Attached: 1552855221744m.jpg (709x1024, 72K)

Art Books:
>Art of Halo 3
imgur.com/a/OOF1r

>Art of Halo 5
imgur.com/a/6FqzO

>Art of Halo (Original)
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ZUJSdjgxUXctZ2s

>Art of Halo (CE to Wars/Reach)
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq

>Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk

Lore:
>Warfleet
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c

>Halo Books
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E

Attached: .png (2346x1746, 3.05M)

It's fucking weird. I wish they would just reuse the ones from H2A. Those ones look fucking great, especially in the cutscenes.

>let's announce a game everyone wanted and how everyone wanted(steam+win7)
>say it will release one by one so it works perfectly
>say release is happening sooner than everyone expects
>open beta sign up so more people can get into testing it
>oh wait we got overwhelmed with the response and got so many testers lined up but still no date on beta let alone release
I hope all of you enjoy halo 3 by the time infinity releases late next year.

You've piqued my curiosity, I also want to see this posted.

I will, because Infinity is guaranteed to be shit anyway. They're falling for the open-world and RPG elements memes.

nu-Halo lore is shit. I'll just imagine the story how I want to. It's better that way.

Attached: 1526371301109.png (724x1024, 864K)

Half Life 1 was kinda revolutionary in terms of its story, but 2+eps were fucking terrible. Literally zero exposition about anything interesting.

Open-world and RPG Halo? What the fuck? That sounds awesome.

I'd agree, but it's still a Chief-centric FPS by 343

>A single spore can wipe out an entire species
>meanwhile game shows marines inhaling the fuck out of flood spores whenever you fight the flood
>UNSC won't even give them any sort of masks to prevent infection

Dumb game

H2A was made after they got rid of the faggot who made the shit re-designs that's why. That still doesn't answer the retarded nu-ore 343 made, and their half-assed answers are completely laughable
>T-t-they s-sold s-spartan a-armor designs!
Yeah I'm sure those pennies are going to make up for the trillions in military assets like Reach and warships destroyed
>t-the infinity was a contingency incase humans lost!
Asspull after people call them out on how the fuck they afford to make that when all the UNSC had left after the war was four frigate ships

Attached: 1553140952783m.jpg (1024x434, 69K)

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Marathon#Field_of_view_.28FOV.29
or
simplici7y.com/items/fov-script

Gameplay and story segregation.

It is though.

Bungie made fun games, then they would write the lore. That's how it's always been. To this day, it still kills my sides that people asked for lore explanations on why there are different guns in the different games. That's how shallow it is.

Bungie didn't intend to start a book series, they only made games. 343i apparently disagreed enough to claim it's actually a book series considering the Fall of Reach released before even Halo CE. Since then it's only been retarded.

If you want good scifi, I can recommend a few, but please for the love of god think there is any depth to this. It's a vidya series, it's meant to be played, go read the many books that will never be turned into vidya instead.

>Half Life 1 was kinda revolutionary in terms of its story
Because it had NPCs monologue at you?

Unironically yes. Because of the opening segment, non-combat sections at the start, going up to NPCs and pressing E to hear them talk to you. I know it seems fucking basic, but back then that shit was incredible to me in a standard FPS game.

Still doesn't excuse what hot garbage HL2's "story" was.

We've already been through this, faggot, Humans = Forerunners on both Bungie lore and 343 lore, stop trying to make an argument that doesn't exist.

Top man, thanks

Humans are not forerunners you faggot.

Yes they fucking are, they were created by the same gods and have very similar DNA structures, the Forerunners just broke off from Humanity.

No, human's just have a similar history line of Forerunners after being discovered and scanning their future. That's why they were made reclaimers. That was before 343's autistic fanfiction.

Yeah I guess that's true. Even if they were just minor tech advancements it still set the standard for pretty much everything that followed.

It's really up for interpretation. A lot of characters, in both the games and the books, say that humans are Forerunner, whatever that means.

But humans were made separate from forerunners during the halo 3 development process, it wasn't a 343 decision

I loved how bungie era halo lore was US army from the 2000s in the future with weeb supersoldiers and AI girls

*ahem*
FUCK RAMPANT AI

Attached: Offensive_Bias.png (500x500, 17K)

You're full of shit, the RPG elements are optional objectives in levels and some hidden reqs in rewards for exploring the levels, it's also isn't open-world, the game will just have massive levels like Halo CE and 3 that can be explored, you're just a console warring shitposter, nothing else. Also, it's Infinite, retard.

I don't even know anymore, I'm done, I'll just consider them separate, this shit has been confusing since 2001.

Humans were never descended from the Forerunners. The H3 terminals state that the Librarian found humanity late in the war with the Flood and made them their successors. Even in the shitty new lore from Bear this still isn't the case. Thank fuck, since that would be dumb.

What'd this dude do again? Is this the one the precursor took over or the rampant one?

When Mendicant Bias went rampant, the Forerunners made Offensive Bias to stop it. Offensive Bias is, coincidentally, the hardest motherfucker in the entire series. halopedia.org/Offensive_Bias

>scanning their future
Hold up, what? Did the Forerunners master *time* as well?

Attached: oh.gif (194x228, 1.4M)

What I love most about Halo is how Human ships are essentially massive guns with engines strapped to them.

Also Bungie has a talent for naming ships, both Human and Covenant.

>Played Halo CEA on Heroic
>Had a challenging time
>Decide to try and play Halo 2A on Legendary
>Things killing me near instantly
Fucking hell, this Station is a nightmare.

Attached: 1533533410467.png (245x190, 52K)

Some of this shit in the Forerunner Trilogy was kinda dumb, but fuck if it didn't have some cool scifi shit
halopedia.org/Star_road

Attached: Cole vs Covenant ship.png (1559x559, 1.31M)

So what's the best way to play these? I tried the source port of one but mouse aiming was incredibly weird

Halo 2 Legendary is the hardest Halo game.
It's the only one I haven't beaten on Legendary yet, but I aim to fix that once it's added to MCC on Steam.

If Spartans are all muscle mass, why do female Spartans have such incredible bubble butts?

Wake up, sheeple.

Attached: Noble 6 Butt.jpg (1280x720, 286K)

>Halo Lore Thread
Fuck Yea Forums, seriously.

Attached: Human Covenant War.png (778x567, 687K)

Oh it's fucking awful but at the same time it's kinda fun. Like dragging your dick through glass but you're not actually hurting yourself and it feels kinda good.

But 343 didn't change that.

Turn off acceleration

Yeah fuck Yea Forums. Last thread was a Halo thread that immediately devolved into /pol/ and race shit.
Fuck ever talking about videogames here without being specific, right?

Any advice? If Elites are giving me trouble already, I don't even want to think about the later Flood levels.
>Have beaten 3, ODST, and Reach on Legendary years ago
>Can't tell if it's just because I'm getting older or if the game is just really fucking hard

They wouldn't be facing government collapse, the UNSC IS the government. Anyone who isn't in the army is working to support it.
The retarded shit is that not only did they recover instantly, but in not even 10 years there are already Insurrectionists.

Imagine aliens almost glassing humanity into extinction (also public confirmation of the Flood I presume), and then the second it's over you declare independence and start a war against humans. Unless they spent a fuckload of time in cryo or slipspace (which implies they were in the army for a long time anyway), any Insurrectionist born would have been raised in a war era where the Covies are slaughtering them by the billions and the UNSC is the only God they can pray to.

All I can suggest is make use of the weaknesses, i.e. plasma for shields and headshots.
I only ever got to Outskirts a few years ago, then gave up because of all the Ultra Elite spam and Jackal snipers.

No, fuck the influx of threads about garbage games that were made fun of back when they released here. Inb4 "never happened" by some reddit nigger who was 10 years old when he first visited le epic Yea Forums and made a Halo thread.

Halo literally hasn't been made fun of since about 2010. There have been countless late night Halo threads just to avoid spergy children such as yourself.

I thought the government proper was the United Earth Government and the UNSC was specifically just the armed forces in space?

He's a Forerunner AI that's trained to fuck your mouth.

See
>>Inb4 "never happened" by some reddit nigger who was 10 years old when he first visited le epic Yea Forums and made a Halo thread.

the most retarded ship is the infinity existing, earth was pretty much fucked and the colonies barely existed after the war but somehow they got the resources to build it

>The CAT2 Spartan III's are logically better than the Spartan II's

Spartan IIs aren't cool because of their powerlevel, they're cool because of the adversity they went through to achieve that powerlevel. It speaks to their personality and drive.

SIIIs were just "lol we figured out how to do it cheap and without ethical concerns of kidnapping children/child soldiers."

Imagine there was a pill that the UNSC found it could manufacture for $5 that you could give to any schmuck on the street and it would make him as physically and mentally capable as MC. That guy just isn't as cool.

Soul vs Soulless

Noob combo, plasma pistol overcharge to take out shields.

Yes, and they are going to do whatever the fuck the Security Council tells them to.

But Spartan III's went through the same shit, except some of them were even younger. They lost their families, went through even more brutal training and most of them were wasted on futile suicide missions no one would ever learn about. Saying Spartan II's somehow suffered more is asinine when it's obviously not the case.
Spartan IV's are legitimately shit though, it sounds more like you're talking about them.

I'm 29, probably older than you based on site metrics. I've been here since about 2006, back when the average post here DID look like a Reddit post with emoticons and all.

>SIIIs were just "lol we figured out how to do it cheap and without ethical concerns of kidnapping children/child soldiers."
So taking orphans and tricking them into agreeing with sacrificing their lives before they are even of an age where they understand the ramifications of it is any more ethical?

Doesn't matter, Halo was always laughed at and is garbage for console children.

aren't Spartan III's completely fucked and loaded up with drugs just to keep them stable?

You just run through the Halo levels, honestly.
The only time you're ever locked into a fight is during the Flood elevator and the place during Quarantine.
The quarantine Gondola has a space that flood usually come out of under it that you can hide in until you get to the end of the ride, and then you basically pick off the rest of the flood once you get there.

In other levels you can just run through them if you're fast enough.
I'm a fag, so I glitched my ass across levels to avoid fights entirely because I loved to get out of bounds in H2.
Outakirts has a place you can grenade jump out of twice where some Jackels spawn behind a building in the first area that will let you skip the entire first encounter scenario. You can then run across the building tops and just run straight to Hotel Zanizibar where the warthogs spawn after.

Metropolis requires you to actually play it.
Arbitar's levels you more or less can run through, but you'll get stopped by cutscenes and objectives.
The portion with the banshee with Arbiter you can literally just find the right location to go and skip the entire flying section.
Use your Camo to not die and wait for it to come back.

Delta Halo is another mission you can just glitch out of. Run the fuck out of the first encounter area, get lucky with the jackals and get yourself a ghost. then glitch your ass up some walls where you previously killed those jackals and be careful not to fall or go too fast. You can reach the end of the level from there.
Regret is unskippable.

Arbiter's next levels are ones you can run through. when the Flood shows up, you just need to use your camo liberally and use some well placed grenades and pick up a shotgun.
Quarantine Zone is a speedrun level. Go fast and try not to die. Use the advice from earlier for the Gondola.

High Charity fucking sucks, but you can at least get Brute Shots and give your marine bros beam rifles and needlers.
Cont.

Spartan III Gamma company got an aggression booster that requires periodical (how often is unknown) suppressants to counteract the effects or they begin to suffer from psychosis. However it's been shown that even while psychotic and hallucinating off their ass they are still effective combatants, so it seems like the right choice. Gamma Company just can't remain effective behind enemy lines for more than a few months at a time.

No, once again - around 2009-2010 Halo threads starting cropping up during late American hours with great success. You are are a huge manchild incapable of using the filter option. Use it or fuck off.

Nigger are you confusing SIII's with SIV's?
SIII's were recruited as child soldiers. The majority of them died in an op they did in their teens.

Also their augs are worse than SII's, just way more safe. This is why SII's are bigger on average but 1/2 of them fucking washed out.

>late american hours aka console kid prime time
>d-don't laugh at it!

>inferior story to Fall of Reach
I don't see how. I just finished Fall of Reach an hour ago and the whole battle of Reach is like 50 pages and set entirely in space. They're almost entirely different entities.

WHERE IS MY FUCKING BETA 343

>Also their augs are worse than SII's,
Literally zero proof of this. S3's augs killed a lot less children, but that is to expected with the advancement of medical technology. They're shorter because being a bigger target is a hindrance.

Think the level after that is called Gravemind? That ones even worse. It's a flood level so it's fucking hard to avoid fights. But again if you know where you're going you can just speedrun it.

Arbitar's last levels are vehicle based.
The first one you can speedrun on a vehicle. The one with the The last one is also vehicle based but less so. Just kill things to get through and get to the scarab. follow the scarab and sit it out until it gets to the end. then you fight a last wave of brutes which you can miss completely by staying on the right end of the room and camoing to the door as the door opens.

Bonus points if you get a banshee in for the Tartarus fight. Also what you can do is push Johnson off the platform a couple of times or kill him a few times to spawn more Johnsons to make the fight and more a breeze.

CE is the only game that's actually fun on Legendary

Pretty sure kids (you) were in bed by that point, which is why they were a success :^)

Not really

I'm willing to bet Halo lore is probably several tiers more advanced than Alien lore. People discuss Star Wars lore, people discuss Halo lore, people discuss Cyberpunk and Vampire The Masquerade lore. It is what it is.

Nibba if you're a Half Life fan you seriously need to die.

It's not a beta, it's "flighting", whatever that means.

Republic Commando is kino, plebeian.

Attached: 1552850142681.jpg (591x566, 137K)

Offensive would get rekt if it ran in to Abaddon if it's still out there.

So you are telling me that he took down Reach but couldn't take down one ship and her crew?

Attached: 1552537086796.png (320x320, 136K)

It flee'd as they set fire to their planet.

>he didn't beat Halo 2 on Legendary co-op with his best friend in 2004
That nightmare is a true test of friendship. If you make it through you will have a true bro for life. If not it's because >"GOD FUCKING DAMMIT TOM WHY DID YOU FUCKING POKE YOUR FUCKING HEAD OUT I TOLD YOU THERE WAS A FUCK-ASS SNIPER JACKAL UP THERE NOW WE HAVE TO FIGHT ALL THOSE FUCKING DRONES AGAIN FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME GODDAMMIIIIIIIIIIII-"

NAY
HERESY

>no UNSC fleet parked on Reach despite it being their shipyard, training ground, and a higher value military target than Earth (purely statistically, losing Earth would be game over too but we'd last a few months longer with Reach)
>no emphasis on Covies going for orbital platforms unlike in Halo 2 where it's the first thing they do
>super-carrier is cloaked in orbit producing 0 heat and 0 discernible impact on the atmosphere as if it were intangible
>meet no Spartan II's other than Jorge even though Reach is what killed most of them
Also some of the ground battle is covered in First Strike.

>Game Flighting: If you want to see pre-release game content, test it out, give feedback, submit reports, etc.

politics crippled his options and was forced to use shitty infantry.
He also prioritized the flood as any good commander would have

these are the OG pre-343 books every halo fan has in their closet

still not sure if it's worth touching any of that new stuff. As someone that actually ENJOYS karen traviss I could see myself trying the post-halo 3 odst books but then again it's probably a waste of time since it ties into halo 4. Greg bear is good and the forerunner stuff might be cool but I'm worried they'll ruin the mystery.

Attached: 1553138823357.jpg (1920x1126, 531K)

Don't worry, I'm planning on doing it on PC once it comes out. I have a few different friends in mind to do it with, too.

Personally I loved books 1 and 3 of the Greg Bear stuff, Silentium especially is absolutely fantastic. I don't really care for them in the context of the series as a whole since fleshing out the Forerunners was unnecessary, but on their own they're very solid soft scifi works (ha).

Have you ever opened a real fucking book?

>enjoying the Travissty
A-user..

Anyways, the Forerunner Saga kinda does sort of ruin the Mystery, but it's kinda worth it for how abstract the book read. If anything you can just read Cryptum.
And if it feels like it ruins too much of the mystery then you can stop there.

books based on video games aren't anymore illegal than hollywood trash based on books

prove me wrong

Attached: istockphoto-160087461-1024x1024.jpg (683x1024, 288K)

The game yes, the books no. But we needn't discuss it here.

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-161403.png (720x750, 93K)

Different user here. I enjoyed the first few Halo books as light military sci-fi. However I found them rather dry and lacking compared to other science fiction I've read, such as Dune, 2001, Hitchhiker's Guide, Ringworld, and Gateway.

There is literally nothing wrong with reading a little trash fiction in between real literature.

No, I mean the books specifically. I'm not talking about Post-ROTJ legacy of the force, I'm talking about the Republic Command book series. It's kino. It's cinematic. It's a pleasure to read.

Attached: watch it (2).gif (425x298, 2.74M)

Hello, Karen.

the first was pretty good and the parts of the second with Delta Squad were good, everything else was trash

True Colors was the best one.

Attached: MV5BNTAyNDc0NjQ2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODM0NDIzMjE@._V1_.jpg (500x375, 34K)

no way fag

First one was great, after that no way jose

t. Karen Traviss

>literally 0 proof
>they are ALL smaller as a rule because me say big is bad!
OK retard whatever you want to think.
It's not like Dr. Halsey specifically hand-picked SIIs based on physical suitability for the program which would involve the experimental augmentations. Or that volunteer candidates, for a program specifically intended to be cheaper than making SIIs, with data from SIIs on the more extreme failure rate augs, had a far larger survival rate because "medical advancements" let them get on par or superior augmentations to the SII's without as significant a size increase from muscle mass or bone density augmentation.
Yes, the medical tech did advance - by learning the limits of what would potentially kill and cripple the patient.

I feel like my conjecture is better than "they made SIII's smaller and weaker than SII's because big target is bad" (hint: most SIIIs were never planned to wear MJOLNIR armor)

It's one story anyway, I like them all. One of the best stories in the prequel era. Actual drama, nothing in the animated series came close on a dramatic level.

are the books still canon or did they pull a disney on them

heavily retconned most of the Bungie era ones

are femspartans the ultimate tomboys in the halo universe?

>I'm willing to bet Halo lore is probably several tiers more advanced than Alien lore.

That's not really saying a lot.

Yes, the books are still canon. Nobody knows if they were retconned or not because nobody read them recently.

Attached: 1553140551666.jpg (920x1120, 123K)

they are more the bulldyke variety, they pretty much have to be with those physical proportions

Yes and no. See Lore usually goes
Old books < New Books < Games

Games determine all. Newbooks retcon games released before them until a new game comes out and then new books retcons old books.
Again, the lore is a mess right now. 343 hasn't thrown away the old lore, they're just building on top of it and retconning whatever doesn't make sense in their new lore, which ends up making a lot of things confusing and kinda less cool.

I can.

Only fourth rate writers get hired for this shit. No self-respecting artist would do it.

Remonder that you'll never get game about human-forerunner wars

Attached: -CharumHakkor-Battle.jpg (1280x720, 244K)

the security guard is so fucking /fa/

Kinda don't want it desu.
Would kill more of the mystery, no matter how cool it is.

Good.

Attached: 1552606397824.jpg (818x985, 90K)

Wrong. Odds are that if you are a female spartan you will get married and have kids.

Why its good?

>tfw finished HW2 yesterday
>still have Halo craving
>don't want to play more halo until Reach comes out on PC
what do

Play more halo

>It's not like Dr. Halsey specifically hand-picked SIIs based on physical suitability for the program which would involve the experimental augmentations.
Many S3's met Dr. Halsey's requirements as well.
>After poring over every detail of the new recruits' files, Kurt discovered they didn't match the perfect psychological and genetic markers set in Dr. Halsey's original selection protocols. Colonel Ackerson had warned him they had to draw from a "less statistically robust" group. (page 67 - 68 of Ghosts of Onyx)
The Spartan III's were mostly composed of kids who were less genetically robust than the Spartan II candidates. Though how much less genetically robust is unknown.
>"Our new bio-augmentation protocols target a very specific genetic set. Any deviation from that set would geometrically increase the failure rate," Kurt said. (page 83 of Ghosts of Onyx)
The Spartan III program genetics criteria targets a very specific set of children. How specific is unknown. However the success of the augmentation on the S3 candidates proves they did not significantly deviate from the augmentation requirements.
>You know as well as I do that we wind up with ones that she would have chosen, not just kids unlucky enough to survive a glassing. - Kurt's communique to Mendez
Kurt and Mendez acknowledge that they wind up with Spartan III candidates that would have been selected for the Spartan II program had they been accessible at the time.

(cont.)

play the halo mod for arma 3
or the halo mod for sins of a solar empire rebellion
then proceed to uninstall it because of the retarded balancing

But I don't want to. I don't want to be burnt out by the time it comes out.

>retconned it so humans used to be an advanced race that was de-evolved
Ruins the fucking lore

>tfw my friend and i fantasized about a UNSC ship appearing in the sky and abducting us to make us Spartans at elementary school recess
>tfw we're in our 20's now and too old to be good Spartan candidates.

Attached: DeliverHope_-_KatFallen.png (1280x720, 1020K)

>Or that volunteer candidates, for a program specifically intended to be cheaper than making SIIs, with data from SIIs on the more extreme failure rate augs, had a far larger survival rate because "medical advancements" let them get on par or superior augmentations to the SII's without as significant a size increase from muscle mass or bone density augmentation.
>Yes, the medical tech did advance - by learning the limits of what would potentially kill and cripple the patient.
S2 augs referenced:
>Strength enhancement (page 63 - 64 of The Fall of Reach Definitive Edition)
>Muscular enhancement injections: protein complex is injected intramuscularly to increase tissue density and decrease lactase recovery time.

>Bone enhancement (page 63 - 64 of The Fall of Reach Definitive Edition)
>Carbide ceramic ossification: advanced material grafting onto skeletal structures to makes bones virtually unbreakable. Recommended coverage not to exceed 3 percent total bone mass because of significant white blood cell necrosis.

S3 augs in question:
>The new bioaugmentations were a quantum leap ahead of those he had received (page 63 of GoO)
The augmentations administered to the S3’s was a vast improvement over the S2’s augmentations.
>Strength enhancement (page 101 of GoO):
>There was "88005-MX77," the fibrofoid muscular protein complex that boosted muscle density.
This augmentation greatly increases strength.
>Bone enhancement (page 101 of GoO):
>He spotted "8942-LQ99" inside the infuser. That was the carbide ceramic ossification catalyst to make skeletons virtually unbreakable.
They received an augmentation that made their bones nearly unbreakable.

These augmentations sound basically identical although GoO had less detail when describing the augs. However "quantum leap" is rather evocative. As there appears to be little difference in performance between S3 and S2, it can only be surmised that the main progress done was in the safety of the augs.

Women with muscles have the best asses

but user
spartan IVs

Different user here, but I could have sworn SIII's were made specifically to be one use spec ops. There's no way the gave them the full augs, just enough to get the mission done. Halsey was PISSED and considered this a hack job of her work.

The lore killed the game side of the Halo series. Only lorefags and shills will defend it.

Attached: 1550930721249.png (377x300, 92K)

>being abducted and thrown into war without even knowing the basics of CQC is cool and fun
Halo was secretly a US Military ad this entire time

Well the books were always sublemental material until 343 pretty much made them mandatory like shit for H5.
Literally who the fuck would know why Halsey is there and who the fuck Jul M'dama was if they didn't read that fucking comic?

Reminder that Reach is kino and has the best aesthetic.

Attached: IMG_3889.jpg (1920x938, 178K)

Halsey was pissed about Kurt's additions to the Gamma Company, the augmentation that provides them immunity to shock and greater aggression response when wounded but needed to be counteracted with the anti-psychosis medication.
I can list the full list of augmentations that has been mentioned for both S2's and S3's if you wish though, there are no significant differences. There was a 15-20 year gap between the S2 and S3 augmentations and as ONI kept developing them it's no wonder medical advancements could supply the same performance for cheaper. The main, massive cost in the S2 program was MJOLNIR, the Spartans themselves were somewhat cheap although they were a PR nightmare.

Good luck getting the LASO Master achievement.

Attached: 1547413611560.gif (228x170, 1.86M)

who knows

it only really looks off with the muhreens and ODST
its like 5-10% too bulky

Attached: 1552592099511.jpg (640x360, 61K)

>secretly

Because until 343 fucked the lore, humans WERE the forerunners. Guilty Spark even says so at the end of Halo 3. That was meant to be the beautiful irony of the whole human vs. Covenant war. These religious zealots were slaughtering the very beings they worshipped because the leaders were petty and jealous, not wanting to play second fiddle to a race that should be relegated to myths and legends. Why do you think humanity wasn't even given the option to join the Covenant? A conglomerate of species that always conquered and assimilated races, they never exterminated them.

Itt probably worked, I ended up joining the Air Force and my friend is in Army ROTC to become an officer right now.
True, Thorne embodies the characteristics that
the II's and III's had that I idolized as a kid, and Palmer is hot and I have a crush on her but don't tell her

Attached: Palmer_and_Lasky_-_Security.png (897x380, 587K)

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk&list=RDCIGHCoVzqtk&start_radio=1

This.

Games should be standalone experiences. The first Halo had an implied enormous backstory about some ongoing conflict, but it didn't fucking matter.

Halo 5 didn't understand that and tried too hard to be cinematic instead of being a fucking game.

Marathonfag again
I got to "The Rose" but I'm stuck in an area above Recreation Area #5.
There's an elevator that doesn't work, a pattern buffer, and a switch that doesn't appear to do anything.
Pls assist

Attached: stuck.jpg (1593x892, 73K)

>Guilty Spark even says so at the end of Halo 3.
And the Halo 3 Terminals contradict that. Bungie had no idea what they were doing.

t. Lasky

>tfw we will never get another Anniversary game for H3 and ODST
It's a shame but at the same time those games still look pretty good.

Attached: H2A.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

alright yeah and we also have 4th rate hack yes-men like the Russo "brothers" or Rian Johnson or Joss Whedon creating endless Iron Man and Star Wars movies for studios like Disney. It's all trash and insignificant on a cultural level, except books cost nothing whereas movies cost something. There are less risks in tie-in book publishing, meaning that the authors sensibilities (e.g a greg bear Halo book) are allowed to shine much more freely compared to that of a hack yes-man director working on a producer-driven hollywood movie. So basically a video game tie-in book (let's say a Halo novel) should in theory be more authentic and less dishonest and less destructive than say, a movie like Black Panther (oscar nominated garbage from last year).

Attached: 1548312157115.png (448x680, 570K)

How in the absolute god damn did you get up there?

Innies are so retarded it's a wonder how they can even breathe. In the Cole Protocol the entire Population of the Rubble believes that the birdmen who eat people are good guys and the UNSC are bad guys. One of the sleeper agents on Keyes ship watches the covenant burn a planet to ash and still sabotages the ship she's on because "UNSC BAD".

>And the Halo 3 Terminals contradict that.
The Halo 3 terminals were schlock unrelated to the main story. Guilty Spark says it, words literally emanating from the faggot ball - "You ARE Forerunner."

>Why do you think humanity wasn't even given the option to join the Covenant? A conglomerate of species that always conquered and assimilated races, they never exterminated them.

Because humans were chosen by forerunners as inheritors and not san'shyuum?

Typed all that and no where do I see "SIII's are smaller because bigger targets are bad".
I also never said they didn't get muscle/bone augs, just that they were clearly less extreme.
I mean, what the fuck does "genetically robust" mean? How is that the deciding characteristic in their size difference?
Their augmentations obviously could not be identical, not only from improvements over the years but less radical treatments.

What makes more fucking sense:
>SII augmentation results of 1/2 washout rate was deemed unacceptably wasteful, so they improved several augmentation processes and nixed the ones deemed too high risk
>SIII augmentation is also less extensive because they are suicide units intended to trade value, a higher washout rate and expensive augmentation process that comes with SII level augmentation contradicts the goal of the program and is unnecessary since they don't need to operate SII size MJOLNIR
or
>SIIIs are all size disadvantaged because big is bad

Guilty Spark is also crazy, and not a reliable source for anything.

>He's never climbed the mountains with a Ghost
Not that dude, but at the start of Delta Halo where you activate the bridge and the Ghosts spawn, you can boost launch yourself up one of the vertical cliff faces and literally climb the entire thing.

I drove up there! Did you know that in H2A they removed some of the mountains that the original game had, but the collision boxes still exist?

Attached: ghost.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Uh huh, next you'll be telling me that the title Reclaimer literally just means someone who's meant to activate the Halo rings, and not another term for forerunner. You know, the first thing both Guilty Spark AND Penitent Tangent both refer to the Chief as. The entire story of Bungie's Halo series has always implicated that the humans were forerunners.

Classic Delta Halo. Good times trying to get to the top of the mountain if there were some secrets.

Attached: 1550512841714.jpg (1024x584, 55K)

The UEG is the government proper but when the war started they were sidelined in favor of the UNSC. When the war ended, the UEG was reinstated though the UNSC still has a huge amount of political clout due to the war and this isn't even taking ONI into the mix which might as well control everything.

>they removed some of the mountains
Why does 343 do this? Their skyboxes are always shitty. After playing Eldewrito and forging outside of bounds, you realize how much love Bungie put into their skybox out of bounds areas. Almost like they wanted you to get out of the map and explore. All of the 343 maps have no collision and are just soulless pictures.

I always thought that it was more of a figurative thing than anything literal.

>tfw playing through CE's campaign again

Attached: 1477271720768.png (657x527, 27K)

pls respond, I've been running around this stupid section of the map for 20 minutes. I think I might be actually retarded.

>When you get the Banshee into Tartarus' boss fight

Attached: 1550481244944.png (375x350, 238K)

>t that one elite

>SII augmentation results of 1/2 washout rate was deemed unacceptably wasteful, so they improved several augmentation processes and nixed the ones deemed too high risk
>SIII augmentation is also less extensive because they are suicide units intended to trade value, a higher washout rate and expensive augmentation process that comes with SII level augmentation contradicts the goal of the program and is unnecessary since they don't need to operate SII size MJOLNIR
If you are unable to provide sources that contradict mine, you're just a seething loser.
S3's are able to keep up with MJOLNIR-equipped S2's while wearing just SPI in hand to hand combat. Obviously there is very little difference in performance, the S3 might even be superior when given MJOLNIR.
>One of the unknown was near; she couldn't hear it just a tickling in the back of her mind, a sixth sense that told her she was being watched, and whatever was doing the watching was now too close for comfort.
>There was motion in Kelly's peripheral vision, a blur.
>She spun and saw a ghostly figure, moving toward her faster than any human could move.
>Kelly sidestepped, grabbed the arm, twisted.
>Her opponent reverse-twisted and countered the lock.
>Whatever it was, it wasn't human; otherwise Kelly would have ripped its human arm from the socket.
>Her opponent twisted her wrist and escaped from Kelly's grip.

Notice how Kelly has always been described as the fastest Spartan.
Also, many S3's were actually just as tall as S2's:
>Carter-A259 ~ 208.3 cm (6'10)
>Kat-B320 ~ 204 cm (6'8)
>Emile-A239 ~ 208.4 cm (6'10)
>Jun-A266 ~ 210.5 cm (6'11)
>Spartan-B329 ~ 205.7 cm (6'9)

The Pillar landed on Halo, which limited his tactical options (he couldn't risk harming the ring) and there were also political concerns since everyone wanted to be the guy in charge of the Halo operation

>ywn explore Halo 2 and 3 again by glitching out of the level using grenades, Sputnik/Cowbell skull, and ghosts to look for secrets again

Either because they wanted to make some new mountains? Makes sense, really. In H2's case, a lot of it is ACTUAL geometry that's there and modeled. Maybe they also did it for optimization. Who knows.
Never really bothered me.

>As someone that actually ENJOYS karen traviss
explain
Anything that hasn't been explicitly retconned is canon
Most Spartan-IIIs weren't, but IIRC ones who showed SII levels of promise (like Noble Team) were separated out and got the full augmentation suite

It's a good feeling and also a complete curbstomp.

Not to mention that whoever actually was in charge of the Halo operation would be under the highest possible scrutiny and the slightest fuckup would (and did) basically end his military career.

He did take down one ship though.

>When Official Xbox Magazine discs had a community section literally just filled with exploits and sequence breaks

Attached: 1551740814965.gif (200x161, 986K)

Head down into the recreation area, then head north

The objective is to kill every enemy in the level

Imagine captain Cutter shock when he reaches UNSC.

>War with Covenant is over
>Admiral Cole is dead
>Reach is destroyed
>Earth was invaded and partially glassed
>Humans and majority of Sangheili are now allies
>Covenant fleet commander that destroyed Reach is now UNSC greatest friend.
>Human AI's are rebelling all over UNSC space

What lore?
You fucking go in a match and shoot the team with the opposite color.

Fucking this.

Well from your map I see you missed at least one enemy. If you're still stuck after that look for sections of the map that are still shadowed, you probably missed a door or switch somewhere. If you still can't figure it out try the spoiler guide:
marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/m1/5.shtml

It was a different time.
Now the internet ruins all secrets in advance.

>mfw finding the skulls in Halo 2
>mfw finding Sputnik
>mfw finding Envy

Attached: happy boi.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

>explain
she writes military and tacticool stuff really well, the conversations/bantz between people, the way she describes action, thoughts etc is all very visual and intricate and flavourful, I like the seamless jumping from pov to pov, I love the type of soapy drama and conspiracy she seems to gravitate toward and I enjoy her humanist REEEEEing. For example she made me look at the whole clone wars thing in star wars in a new light and gave it an edgy, hard sci-fi and moral angle while still allowing it to have that adventurous feel of star wars. I don't think she's preachy at all. I also notice most soi-types loathe her which is ironic.

Speaking of Cutter, how is Halo Wars 2 in terms of story? I'm thinking of doing the 14 day gamepass trial just to play through the campaign.

>Also, many S3's were actually just as tall as S2's
That's retarded. Are those heights actual fucking canon? The Spartans in Reach are clearly way smaller than the Elites.

They're canon, yes. Scaling in Reach is all kinds of silly, this is nothing new.

BETA
WHEN

Attached: 1524992932016.png (499x562, 337K)

How big is a Spartan in Reach compared to a marine though?

3-5 weeks

John is shorter that Thel. So S-II are shorter that elites.

That's not a good comparison really since Chief isn't that much taller than the marines in Halo 2 either.

Attached: 1527512182742.jpg (519x447, 40K)

Yeah but he's not THAT much smaller.

Got any pics? And is Halo 2 an outlier in that regard?

Attached: spartan-vs-elite.jpg (809x854, 202K)

I mean I literally cannot get out of this tiny area I'm in.
To the north of my current position, those two lines are one-way jumps down, and I can't find any way to activate the red elevator. The south-facing tunnel to the east of the elevator has a switch but I've hit it about 50 times now, and looked around with it on and off. No change. I'm baffled.

>Trying to play Halo 2A on Legendary
>Still on the goddamn Station
>This room with like a dozen fucking Grunts and Elites where they funnel through
Nah, you know what, fuck this. I'm done. This is literally not fun at all.

Attached: 1525529233047.jpg (251x414, 26K)

>not playing the campaigns

Attached: 9862271cb02ce026cfa1dacfd572f2ae.png (768x432, 497K)

Reminder that if not for the Covenant Sangheili would have ruled galaxy by now

Marathon is cooler than Halo because Halo treats the player like a galactic hero and Marathon treats them like a brute that's only useful for murdering things.

I bet their women are beautiful.

thread theme : youtube.com/watch?v=i5jPy-GmyUc

I just finished HW2 for the first time yesterday. the story is more relavant than it was in H1 actually. There's a plot at least.
Less cutscenes though, but the cutscenes are cool.
It's 14 mission long I think.

Have you tried going down the one way jumps? Marathon can be bad about this but there's definitely something you missed somewhere. If you still can't get it load an earlier save and. I'll boot it up and see if I can find out why you're stuck.

Are female spartans still fertile?

You are not providing anything that contradicts me though, you have two retarded assumptions (bigger is bad, medical improvements automatically means on par size and strength enhancements instead of cost effective treatments and less risk to patient).
I see you are at least outright abandoning the "SIII's are presented as smaller because bigger is bad" logic at least.

First, the encounter with Kelly does not imply that "any human" includes herself or fellow Spartans. She doesn't know about the SIII's and is obviously not presuming she is fighting a fellow SII after almost all of them just died.
Also, are those heights in armor or out? MJOLNIR adds 1-2 feet.

Yes, though the Spartan 2s are really up there in age. 40s and 50s I think.

Elites can have varying heights so that's not really a reliable metric twitter.com/VienQuitonm/status/956204484442632197

IVs and some IIIs

>people excited for MCC PC when they still haven't fixed it 5 years after release

Marathon treats you like a hero too. Robert Blake talks about your legendary exploits at Tau Ceti. Durandal treats you like a brute but he comes to respect you and ultimately you prove that you're better than him.

That said I will never not be amused at how ferreting out simulacrums usually means killing a bunch of Bobs in the process. And how the process of trying to free the S'pht involves killing a shit-ton of them.

That's.... a good point. Fuck. At least I have Eldewrito.

The jumps go in the other direction. I jumped down them to reach the area I'm in, and now the only way out is the elevator as far as I can tell, but the button at the end of the small south-facing corridor either doesn't activate it, or my game is bugged out.
The IIs aren't for sure. Too many drugs during puberty, probably destroyed their gametes.

Hit the button here

Attached: Screenshot (26).png (1920x1080, 196K)

Tell me about the UNSC
Why aren't Gauss Warthogs the standard?

Attached: 1551554123767.jpg (480x360, 27K)

Neither is twitter. I'd prefer some comparisons from the games.

This

too expensive i think
>thermal scope
>magnets and shit are needed to accelerate big hunks of metal at 50 billion miles a second
it would probably be way too expensive to mass produce compared to the stockhog
>t. lorelet who's pulling this info out of his ass

We will in about 2 decades of Google's Stadia platform equivalent from Microsoft using the Azure ecosystem.

We'll need the ability do give each player the hardware equivalent of a computer with a 128c/256t CPU @ 4GHz w/ 256GB of RAM and 64 GPUs in performance equivalent of a GTX 1080Ti in near perfect scaling. Then game designers will be able to make out the Human/Forerunner war to scale across the milkyway.

Right now, not enough processing power to give it justice.

And how do I get to that button?

Attached: stuck.jpg (1593x892, 110K)

wtf, okay gonna boot her up and see if I can help

youre most likely correct though it would be wild expensive

Plus I bet the gauss rifle assembly is much more delicate than a good old fashioned minigun

I really have no idea why that button isn't working you. How is your health? You've got a pattern buffer nearby so you could try grenade jumping back up into the tunnel you got in from. Otherwise I'd say reload an earlier save point and make sure you hit all the switches in the hallway you go into the rec area from.

You're thinking way to deep into it. Its not standard issue simply because its not iconic. They've been fielding soldiers with these things and just about every unsc ship has an oversized rail gun.

>banshee
>Not the Wraith

Attached: 1489801031153.jpg (235x250, 10K)

Forgot this...

Attached: 028CCBD3-D912-47EC-AF57-4BA7BDE91BB4-6067-00000A86724F4D3F.png (406x124, 53K)

Trash noob go back to COD.

Attached: 1506790907444.gif (360x270, 1.41M)

Fucking hell, I guess I'll just go back a save.
Tried nade jumping a bit but I only got back up as giblets.

Sorry about your rough patch user, I've literally never encountered that problem before. Only thing I can think is that you need to hit a switch in the hallway on the lower level before the switch on the upper level becomes powered.

Yes, but Games > Books with new books overwriting old books in canon if there is some sort of contradiction.

Yeah seems like that's the case. I hit a switch near the elevator on the lower floor and now it works, didn't even need the Useless Button.
I guess it's just a softlock they never patched or some shit.

marathon.bungie.org/spoiler/

Try this instead of asking for help on Yea Forums you cock mongler

It seems like Bastion and the Absolute Records haven't been abandon so they could play a part in Halo Infinite. This also could mean that instead of Cortana's Covenant we could still get Sali Nyon's Covenant since all of this was mentioned in Halo 4 and 5 meaning that since they're mentioned they exist within the games' canon.

What are both of these things?

You think I didn't already try that, nigger?
Turns out it was a bug anyway, so the guide wouldn't have helped anyway. Read the whole thread next time.

A couple tips for you as you soldier on:
1. G4 Sunbathing will probably frustrate you. You have to pay very close attention to your surroundings when you hit the airlock switches in that level, so don't be afraid to hit up the spoiler guide if you start wanting to tear your hair out.
2. Make sure to recharge your shields before the exit terminal on Blaspheme Quarantine. Seriously.

give me the lore on cortana's ass cheeks dude haha

Young Halsey

>"umm she looks nakey to intimidate people or some bullshit haha but no nippies or vagoo cause that would be gross haha" - Frank O'Connor
not even joking

Spartan IIs are a bunch of Mama's boys

Bastion is believed to be a Forerunner Shield World first mentioned in Halo 5's intels, the Absolute Records were first mentioned in Halo 4 Spartan Ops. Sali Nyon is an Elite Zealot mentioned in Halo 5.

No it was just some type of projection graph to see how their civilization advanced. Turns out the Forerunners may have had their own Sumerians, Egyptians, Romans, Greeks and even Renaissance era's which is why they most likely made Human's their reclaimers because of the shocking similarity.

Break his knees

Nanomachines

son

Uh, none of that makes sense. Are you talking about precursors?

anyone down for a netgame of Marathon Infinity?

Attached: Marathon Guy.jpg (1100x990, 151K)

I'm down for a round or two

No it's Bungie lore before 343 autistic fanfiction. Also how does that not make sense? It'd be like that spore evolution graph except starting from the stone age to future space age.

Where's that picture of all the sidebar lore of some Forerunner art book that completely retcons all the Forerunner lore?

>Bungie lore
bungie never cared about fucking lore

Because they wanted to leave everything as open ended as possible. Consider this, they had no idea Halo was going to get a sequel.

Read the Halo 3 terminals dumbass.

alright let me just set it up, hop on the meta server

those were practically an afterthought written by the guy is now one of the head honchos at 343

>by the guy is now one of the head honchos
literally who?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (640x360, 37K)

gg, thanks for playing mate

Attached: BlueComet_0000.png (1920x1080, 1.99M)

Keyes
Jacob
Captain
Service number 01928-19912-JK

Attached: 1535637953604.jpg (1366x768, 89K)

>die in one of the most painful ways imaginable, after having every trace of your mind ripped from you
>your daughter dies needlessly after being impaled by super heated spikes
>your wife is branded the next mengele for heading up the military program that saved humanity, and his cursed by almost all of humankind

the Keyes bloodline had it rough

>Frank is responsible for the whole forerunner debacle
It all makes sense now

Attached: MisterChief1.jpg (504x360, 30K)

Reach has the best artstyle to many because I think it was the most martial. Everything from the artstyle to the dialogue/presentation of the cutscenes made the UNSC seem like a much more realistic and believable organization. Tiny things like reading throwaway text in the security cameras during some of the cutscenes added all to that. Even when compared to earlier entries like Halo 2 and 3 the soldiers in Reach look to be much more realistic than the Marines in the earlier games. A lot of people complained about how 1-dimensional and boring Noble Team was but I thought it was a reasonable portrayal of seasoned naval officers.
I thought that the bulkiness was a good thing. Characters in reach actually had shit like pouches on their uniforms that weren't there in earlier games. I feel like everything on the soldiers' uniforms in Reach had a purpose.

Attached: wallpaper-552912.jpg (1920x1080, 913K)

you too brother, see you round L'howon

Attached: 20190324_202750_resized.jpg (3024x2051, 1.36M)

But atleast he took 11 covenant vessels with him

As cannon fodder. Which is what they were designed for.

Not originally

see

Or you know, you could just mention the retconned book that explicitly states that 3's are on par with 2's except for the fact that mjolnir armor would tear their body apart

Which retconned book?

Ghosts of Onyx

Where does it state they would get torn apart by MJOLNIR? And how is the entire book retconned?

Yeah fuck Halo ( a VIDEO GAME). Let's just talk about politics. Fucking retarded faggot.

They didn't undergo the reinforcements to their body in order to take the stress that mjolnir puts on it
>And how is the entire book retconned?
Pretty much all events and dates are changed and even the enhancements they underwent were changed/forgotten

>Pretty much all events and dates are changed
Yeah, the early books were full of weird mistakes and dates especially got corrected later. Which events got retconned?
>even the enhancements they underwent were changed/forgotten
In what regard?
>They didn't undergo the reinforcements to their body in order to take the stress that mjolnir puts on it
Which reinforcement is that? As far as I know, they got the exact same augmentations the S2's did.

Just look at the wiki, all spartan 3's died twice, they couldn't wear mjolnir armor etc etc etc. Everything surrounding Spartan 3's is inconsistent, and the more 343 and bungie tried to expand on them the more convoluted it gets. They're better off being forgotten

Bungie did a good job making Halo deep more grounded without losing the aesthetic. The Covenant especially were really good but I wish their armor had been just slightly brighter and shinier.

When Halo 4 came out I gave up on Halo. Sucks too because I was a huge Halo lore fag. I realized that they were just using the Prometheons as the new flood and were just lazy fucks. A whole universe of great lore and new stories to tell, yet they just copped out and tried to make a new "they'll take over the whole universe by turning us into them" bullshit story.

I still think Destiny would've worked so much better as a Halo mmo. You play as a Spartan 3 or elite and go on all sorts of new adventures in the post flood Halo universe. That's my two cents anyways.

>Rated M
Yup totally for kids you drooling neck beard faggot.

I'm not going to argue that Halo books are masterpieces because that's just not true and theres plenty of shit books. That said, a few of them are enjoyable pulpy reads and theres nothing wrong with that as long as your taste in literature doesnt consist only of vidya and star wars eu books.

Destiny was great in concept, just flat in execution.

It only got an M for the Flood

True, I won't argue that. Destiny does have some pretty cool ideas (wish you could play as one of the fallen personally), they just didn't flesh them out well enough. Still think it would've been easier to do a Halo mmo because they already had the established lore/player base.

Also it doesn't help that all the halo wikis immediately erase the previous lore if something newer comes along.

They didn't want to do Halo anymore. They didn't even want to do Halo 2.

>[00:H 00:M 02:S] I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. I toss around [37,654 tonne] dreadnoughts like they were fighters; dimly aware of the former crews being crushed to deliquesce.
>For now all my concentration is focused on inertial control and navigation. Targeting isn’t even a consideration – I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length.

>I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length.
>Fucking up physics so hard that you're literally knife fighting with spaceships and winning.
My fucking dick.

Is Fireteam Raven canon?

Am I supposed to feel bad about that?

Attached: 1493191694226.png (536x1062, 549K)

Attached: 1553309308300.gif (200x189, 828K)

why does he hate blacks? most elites have black skin, including him.

Attached: Sangheili.jpg (1280x850, 136K)

Those are skinsuits akin to the ones in the Mjolnir system. You don't think they just wear pieces of armor and go into battle otherwise naked, right?

>naked elites
You just had to say it, didn't you?

let's take a closer look

Attached: halo_wars_-_arbiter_and_forge_0.jpg (1200x514, 383K)

That design is a bit too beefy, but better than what we got on gaylo 4.

>dark grey skin
>not chocolate brown
Your gotcha didn't even work. Go to bed.

>halo wars

Attached: 15678908765.jpg (711x530, 30K)

The Halo Wars elites looked to fucking large.

The HW1 elite at least has the excuse of being designed with a top-down RTS in mind.

Attached: sdcc-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cinematic-the-arbiter-305x542-4736060d582b4383b2c28852709eaf67.jpg (542x305, 41K)

I'm not Vien, relax.
I AM an elitefucker but that guy grates on my nerves.

Attached: 1550711326457.gif (320x256, 3.25M)

I didn't know that was the Halo Wars one, but then again I don't remember much from that game.

He does post links to all that Halo shit, so I can forgive him for any annoyance.

You called?

Attached: .png (1368x1692, 760K)

I was posting naked elites on Yea Forums before /vg/ was even a board at all. You people suck.

>ar·bi·ter
>a person who settles a dispute or has ultimate authority in a matter.
>a person whose views or actions have great influence over trends in social behavior.
So if he was supposedly a heretic, why was he labeled as an Arbiter

Attached: 1553207687942.png (1280x1380, 1.48M)

I've been posting on Bungie.net when it was decent. I'm only here because /vg/ is a larger circlejerk than that community.

Attached: .png (960x960, 350K)

Ahhh ok, didn't know that. Funny that they then decided to move onto a Halo like universe hah. I mean, you can clearly see the game took some inspiration directly from Halo. The art style of the game looks like Halo, the fallen = elites, cabal = brutes, the taken = the flood, the ships look a lot like the Halo ships (Halo reach specifically), ancient alien technology being used for good or bad, the armor they wear looks like Spartan armor, the abilities are just a step above the armor abilities from Reach, and even some of the guns were clearly inspired by Halo weapons.

Not saying it's a complete rip off as it's their own game they're taking inspiration from and a new story, but if you're gonna do that, why not just bite the bullet and make a Halo mmo? Maybe I'm just bias though because it's personally what I would've wanted.

I'n just mad they cut the fuck huge space battle out of Reach.

The bad fucking art commissions are unforgivable, though. He should stick to official art or shit made by someone with actual talent.

Attached: 1539765710390.jpg (1024x704, 103K)

Arbiter used to be considered a good thing to be. It was the prophets who overtime change what it meant being an arbiter (a shameful heretic)

It used to be an honorable position until one of them started asking too many questions about the great journey.

Is the halo stuff on netflix worth a watch? Legends and Fall of Reach I think

Anybody else find it weird how 343 changed elite's skull shape?

Attached: 15789670574645.jpg (488x473, 99K)

Get some taste, faggot. At least I can get some of the artists back into the community.

Attached: .png (1500x1108, 2.85M)

Legends has a couple of good parts Fall of Reach I think is on Youtube in full and it's just a cut-down and somewhat abridged version of Fall of Reach, mostly just covering the important things.

Forward unto dawn was pretty good. Fall of Reach is pretty much just the book turned into a movie. Legends is super anime

Also yeah Forward Unto Dawn is pretty good.
I think Speilberg made something for Halo too, didn't he? Something about Locke's backstory? I never heard much about it, so it might not be that good.

Yeah, no. They're better off making their middle school grade furshit for retards not related to Halo.

Attached: 1533879801305.jpg (2038x2127, 364K)

Left worked out at the library

>We know you are no heretic
The prophets realized that the council only labelled him as such because they were mad as fuck over the destruction of Halo.
So instead of wasting one of their best warriors, they turned his shame to a weapon and told him he could save himself by acting as their personal assassin/executioner, or in many ways an Arbiter (although I reckon the previous Arbiters probably fulfilled the technical definition more than Vadam).
Once he was of no more use, not to mention the possibility he could act as a figurehead for the rising Sangheili distrust and displeasure, they sent Tartarus to remove him from the equation, revealing that they never truly cared about him or his honour, but they only wanted a tool they could use. I don't think the Prophets ever gave a fuck about the actual religion either way, especially the hierarchs who actually knew the humans they were exterminating were actually their gods.

You must have abysmal eyesight.

Attached: .png (2715x1950, 1.73M)

nothing of value would be lost if such thing happened

Attached: elite-terror_wide.jpg (1920x1080, 670K)

>"We want to make Halo the way we think it should be"
>keeps all of bungie's work, ruins the artstyle and pumps out some of the worst writing ever conceived.

What did 343 mean by this?

Attached: 1467830985047.jpg (226x258, 9K)

Destiny also takes from Myth and Marathon, which Halo was pretty much a direct evolution of
>Mjolnir Mark IV Cyborgs=Spartans in Mjolnir Mark V armor
>Pfhor Slavers=Covenant
>S'pht=Huragok
>S'pht Rebellion=Covenant Civil War
>Jjarro=Forerunners
>UESC=UNSC
>MIDA Rebels=Insurrectionists
>Cortana=Durandal
>AIs and Rampancy
>Many weapons directly based on Marathon, like the MA-75 Assault Rifle, SPNKR, and Fusion Pistol
Bungie likes recycling their shit, they just don't like being trapped in specific IPs.

>Turn a story about good vs evil and blooming friendships on the battlefield into some hamfisted love story

Attached: 1507397079862.jpg (1171x1200, 114K)

Mercy was completely dedicated to the faith and believed everything he said. He unironically believed they were doing humanity a favor by exterminating them, somehow helping them rejoin the other forerunners in the great journey, with ("and this time, none of you will be left behind.") being his dying words to the descendant of his gods.

The others were definitely scamming everyone though, Truth in particular thought of even the other hierarchs as useful idiots.

>I don't think anyone ever called Bungie genius storytellers
You should have been here when Destiny was first being teased. Boy, what a letdown.

>What did 343 mean by this?
You mean what did Frank and other microsoft fuckboys mean by this? "We want to make Halo the way we think it should be" means "We're going to do whatever we want and if there's inconsistencies fuck you". It's pretty much just corporate speak for the amount of fuck ups they've made in such a short time frame.

Attached: 1598765454765.jpg (647x955, 61K)

youtube.com/watch?v=UbwLYxYIavo

>Your pal. Where's he going?

Attached: 20190322204019_1.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

The way it makes money. Hardcore fans of the earlier games are sadly just a vocal minority. Most people don't care about the Bungie-era artstyle or about the traditional Halo-feel. They just want a modern, accessible, fast paced shooter suitable for large audiences.
So expect more outlandish story, lots of strong (black) female characters, more politically correct lore and game that feels like every other modern scifi FPS out there.... You know.

took 4 seconds to get chills

Worst level in the entire game. Prove me wrong.

>"bro humans were at with forerunners hundreds of years ago!"
>"It said so in this book that came out in 2014"

Attached: 1540094545828.gif (190x190, 1.98M)

Let's post more quality art to counter they eyesore of the retarded fetish trash
Their first major game, Halo4 had a team of people who "hate Halo"

Attached: Untitled.png (648x485, 43K)

Can I just say how much I love the name Master Chief
It just feels so hilariously tongue and cheek, like they know it's a stupid name, but everyone accepts it and goes along with it
It's basically the equivalent of calling yourself Soldier Man

it's true, but it's also a real life rank

Attached: 1539292645708.jpg (3840x2160, 603K)

master chief is an actual military rank, dude

Attached: master-chief-petty-officer.png (198x353, 64K)

It's an actual navy rank, not a name.

Literally the fucking Sequel Trilogy. It is so eerie how the two franchises mirror each other.

Attached: Dex0_UjUYAABP55.jpg large.jpg (1536x1536, 485K)

anyone want to talk more about Marathon?
do you know about the deprivation chamber

Attached: 1531372219138.jpg (1374x1500, 589K)

>I'll never forget how this war started
>what your kind did to mine
>I'll never forgive you
>but you have my thinks
>for standing by him to the end.
>hard to believe he's dead.

Attached: 76UNEOz.gif (245x230, 479K)

If Frank died in a carfire in 2008 Halo would have been far better off. He admitted to hiring CoD kiddies because their opinions were "diverse"

Attached: 158968767857.gif (435x250, 1.8M)

>Game already moves at a decent pace in terms of movement because the base movement speed is fast
>"wtf where's the sprint button, I need speed lines to let me know I'm going faster"

>Soul vs Soulless

Someone post the webm on midship showing the different movement speeds and how the slowest looking one being the actual fastest.

It's all by design.
The entertainment industry follows trends set by behind-the-scene groups. There's a massive backlash by original fanbases against the rape of their favorite franchises, yet the big wigs insist on pushing certain topics and agendas, really makes you think there is indeed some sort of larger plan.

So is Evil Cortana real Cortana or a fake Cortana

I don't even think 343 knows the answer to that

Do you think a Spartan suit could accommodate S P E E D

Attached: vanquish-625x352.jpg (625x352, 50K)

Infinite looks promising but I sincerely hope to god they don't pull current gen politics into it.
343 might make shit, but they at least aren't pushing an agenda.

>Inb4 343/H5/sprintfaggot comes in, turboautismo mode to defend the implementation of (un)enhanced mobility and sprint

Attached: 1553119466037.jpg (1280x827, 289K)

Huh I never played myth or marathon, didn't know that. Hah kinda funny then in retrospect.

>We don't like being trapped in specific IPs
>We'll just borrow the shit out of those old IPs from the story to the guns

I mean, at that rate why not just stick with one IP and expand upon it? Not like what 343 did though. Never even bothered with Halo 5, especially because no split screen. My brothers and I always played the Halo games split screen and when we heard Halo 5 wasn't going to have it, we gave it a hard nope. Plus, it didn't help that we heard the story was trash.

No fucking way
Im gonna shove that hammer of his in his hairy albino ass next time I see that fucker

Attached: 559491993.jpg (173x184, 4K)

wasn't there some feminist shit

just a fragment of ogCortana, apparently

Attached: cortana13.jpg (450x600, 186K)

What in the god damn is that gun the ODST in the middle has

Gherrit White?

Chief is actually trans.

>343 might make shit, but they at least aren't pushing an agenda.
Probably because their genius writers can't get "F...fuck Trump!" past the editors

I've never found that little clue in the last 7 years of playing the games, and I still can't piece infinity together. Probably because I lack the drive to play it. I need to beat them all sometime.

how so? by cortana being evil? she always was relevant plot wise, this is just shit writing

Attached: cortana21.png (800x415, 290K)

Real Cortana, but it'll be retconned into being fake Cortana so they can bring real Cortana back at the end of Infinite.

I don't think so. Would feminists make the best female character into a megalomaniac?
Also off topic, but the moment I learned she was evil the line she says in Halo 2 "If I was a Megalomaniac - and I'm not - that's where I'd be" immediately popped into my head.

Why are "Engineers" forgotten from the lore?

Attached: 175960_374432169300931_1498774457_o.jpg (1920x1080, 123K)

Accepting women in to the Spartan-program feels like a really dumb decision, purely biologically speaking.

Just my opinion, though...

Attached: dont do that.jpg (340x221, 10K)

>ODST used to be the guys you'd call when you needed a job done right
>Now everyone's a Spartan, making ODST obsolete
>"Yeah dude, I just took this needle shot and I'm a Spartan lmaooo"
I really cannot stand that 343 just made everyone Spartans, what the fuck is up with that?

Because they're too cute.

Attached: 1553143247450.png (806x898, 237K)

True

I put all the books canon above 4 and 5. In fact, 5 is basically non-canon

I don't know but it makes me sad. They are bros and know a lot about stuff.

But what happened to the brothers at the end of CoD Ghosts?! Will we ever get a sequel? Pls respond

if it was in real life? sure, in universe it seems to work just fine

Attached: linda1.png (329x381, 196K)

They stopped appearing in the games because they're not dynamic in the slightest, fairly dull as far as enemies go. I think, lore-wise, after the great schism the remaining prophets who didn't get GRAVED fucked off forever and took the engies with them.

Yeah Mercy was pretty much an old fuck with demetia that Truth strung along because it suited him. He couldn't kill Mercy without questions being asked, and he couldn't risk him blabbing to the rest of the Covenant, so he kept him on as a hierarch where he could keep an eye on him.

>implying Linda and Kelly aren't two of the best Spartans
Blue team is best team. Fuck the spartan 4's. Sam died for this.

Attached: BlueTeam_H5GPoster.jpg (2182x1542, 1.16M)

Yeah, what's up with that? I was in the army for 5 years and did two deployments, but I've never seen a female soldier in a combat role.

They have a stock of influences that they were pretty much founded on. Mythology, ancient history, heroic storytelling, and science fiction. That stuff pops up in all of their work. But just because they constantly go back to those influences and even mine their own past work doesn't mean they want to be trapped in the same universe. Destiny has stuff in common with Halo but it's as much fantasy as it is science fiction. It would have been hard to work that into the Halo setting without feeling they broke it entirely. So they make a new one even if it naturally feels similar to their previous ones in some ways.

Yeah it's a good thing female spartans are just magically exceedingly good at one thing so they don't get phased out.

CoD Ghosts might legitimately be one of the worst shooters I've ever played. It is so mind-numbingly boring that it negatively impacted all first-person shooter games for me since.
>Ending never got resolved because no one cared
lmao

yeah, i also wonder why

Attached: kat.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

Can I just say that i love the voice s of the Prophets? They're absolutely perfect and them simply speaking tells you exactly what kind of character they are from the very first cutscene.

uh, are we pretending chief dosen't get shit done pure luck?

Which books focus on the Covenant the most? I like them more than humans.

Yeah I mean even Obama has cleared this up. Sheesh, it's current year people.

Attached: 1512577521218.jpg (645x609, 89K)

>I really cannot stand that 343 just made everyone Spartans, what the fuck is up with that?
To insert a bunch of fucking snowflakes (Palmer, Locke, the two whores from Osiris no one cares about). It's bad fucking writing, Spartans were cool because they were hard to create and were a trump card with very limited numbers. ODSTs were cool because they were just regular humans being massive badasses with crazy high fatality rates.
Now the high stakes are gone, everyone's a cool superhuman without any effort or risk. SPARTAN became a worthless tag

Attached: 1552540843323.jpg (3000x1688, 1.78M)

Not just Halo, almost every shooter has these weird special forces women in them. I mean I love women and I got nothing against them, but just seems kinda dumb to imagine them as frontline infantry...

They ended the Covenant war too early. I'm sad we never got to go their planets and fuck things up.

You have to go through the deprivation chamber on Never Burn Money to reach it. It's a pain in the ass, lots of grenade jumping. I only did it once for the novelty.

Infinity is a wild ride, lots of cool storytelling ideas in there. Maybe a bit harder to grok than the first two but definitely enriches the saga as a whole.

Broken Circle focuses on them quite a bit.

I agree, but also remember that Master Chief Petty Officer is a real rank, that's why he's called that.

and i'm talking about a fictional world and going by said world's rules, dunno how that pic has anything to do with that.

Attached: Confused-looking UNSC trooper with question mark above her head.png (620x352, 260K)

But, dude, isn't it totally epic that multiplayer matches are now CANON?

They get augments that erase any gender differences. Women being normal soldiers is retarded, but I don't remember too many in the games.

H5 went to Sanghelios which was cool. May as well be the only cool thing.

Well to be honest, if I was making a public statement using my real name, I'd probably say something along those lines too. It's a lie and we all know it, but it's good to pretend otherwise so nobody gets mad.

I'm not playing that shit. And Halo 5 elites don't even look like elites.

>Women being normal soldiers is retarded, but I don't remember too many in the games.

In Halo CE there were none as far as I remember, but there were about a million of them in the later titles.

there's plenty of those, actually

Attached: reach_7678285_Medium.jpg (640x360, 75K)

What did Librarian do to Chief? What did she mean by evolution?

Halo 2 had plenty of females marines. H3 had a bit less.

:^)
I wonder what their demographic was for making such a decision

Attached: FootballArmor.png (1920x1189, 2.51M)

>If everyone's Spartan, no one is
I swear The Incredibles predicted all of this shitty dumb hack writing that is plaguing things now.

It's interesting, I guess..?
>Humanity somehow completely back and rebuilding everything after only 10 years
Fallout games get flack for having shit time skipped 200 years into the future or whatever and everyone still living in shitholes, but this is like the complete opposite problem.

>It's good to lie about female combat effectiveness especially when they are going to be relied on to perform at a certain level

Attached: 1548131014404.gif (250x250, 1.16M)

It blew right through us!

Attached: a159785011e1c3ad1a867b5a3b24e926.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

You had to have certain genetics to be able to accept the implants anyways, it's why there were only like 70 Spartan IIs or some shit. If they only accepted boys that number would be cut in half. The implants and power armor make up for any physical disparities.

Attached: spartan_ii_linda_058_by_tanqexe.jpg (1024x768, 99K)

I already did the deprivation chamber, and I read it, but I has having trouble trying to piece together how it thematically related to the rest of the game.
Greg must've been the Terry Davis of writing, man.

bretty much this.

Grifball armor looks neat

I'd say Miranda Keys had a pretty memorable role in Halo 3.

>Women being normal soldiers is retarded
When your species is at the edge of extinction, I'd say it makes more sense for any able bodied person to fight the aliens, rather than voluntarily cutting your numbers in half and leaving the defenseless women and kids to get glassed later anyway.

God damn been looking for this .gif for a long ass time

You are given total control over Halo infinite’s story- what do you do?
Hard mode:
>no total reboot/retconning halo 5 and 4s story

Personally I think the created storyline could work out if they do it right, just have Cortana be controlled by a grave mind logic plague. She leads a united force of Prometheans and covenant to make way for the floods return. This would once again make humanity the desperate underdog and would make for a very climactic story (humans/elites vs an alliance of AI, prometheans, enslaved covenant, and flood). As for specifics of Infinite I don’t know, that’s just my vision for the universe as a whole

I fucking hate 343's undersuits so much, and I hate how thin all the new Spartan suits look. Give me a bulky suit so I can look and feel like a tank for fucks sake. And quit it with the hexagons. Stop trying to be Crysis.

FIFTY CAL
ROCKETS
DIDN'T DO A THING

I'm suprised they got so many celebs in H2.

Oh yeah, it's intentionally vague. But I always figured it was about Durandal becoming rampant.

You can chock that up to being Earth. They were probably reservists. It isn't like the UNSC expected to be having a ground war on Earth

there are a ton of female soldiers in Halo 2 and say a bunch of sexy playful taunts that give me boner

Attached: 1529272324677.png (246x205, 5K)

>no total reboot/retconning halo 5 and 4s story
But 343 has already done that

She's a ship commander. That's not a physical role.

Don't worry, lies like that are only told to press. The brass is smarter than that when it comes to actual troop deployment. Have you ever actually seen a woman in a combat role?

They are in HW2.

>Supposedly Infinite is going to be a reboot
So are they just dropping the shit with Cortana because of how much people hated it

not really, there was also a bunch of female ODSTs in the Autumn

Attached: Reach_7394486_Medium.jpg (640x360, 67K)

I always thought it made sense, considering how many people were getting killed by the Covvies. Facing extinction, you'd take everyone you could for more military cannon fodder, regardless of gender.

>Supposedly Infinite is going to be a reboot
where did they say this?

I'd like to there to be some sort of Lovecraft monster living in slipspace that we awaken by traveling through slipspace so much

Hasn't it already been said it takes place after H5?

>"What's the matter? Did I come on too strong?"
>"Don't worry, I won't bite."
>"See anything you like?"
>"I'll be a good girl, I promise."
>"For a cyborg, he's pretty cute!"
Diamond dick

Holy fucking based.

Attached: spartan1337.jpg (210x240, 15K)

Obama was the most cringe president in recorded history

>speaks only in platitudes

>married to a tranny

>sets race relations back a thousand years

>bombs 8 countries with no reasoning, soft on terrorism and cartels

>lies about protecting the border. Changed the definition of "deport" to mean "turned away at the border" so he could brag about being tough on immigration when he wasn't.

>gets upstaged by an 80s pop icon

>let's gays buy children and get tax deductions for anal sex

>backs Hillary Clinton

>literally hides from the public eye

Attached: 1534466438211m.jpg (1024x747, 230K)

What do we actually know about Infinite other than Master Chief is returning

Attached: 1532596507166.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

I just want them to scale the battles further.

best episode

Legends is such a mix fucking bag. Some stuff was pretty dang good, while others were so fucking bad and cringey.

Attached: halo-legends-prototype-1.jpg (546x405, 94K)

i never thought much of it, Halo was never a full realism franchise and they were likeable enough themselves so it's ok.

Attached: images.jpg (168x300, 8K)

>female ODSTs
I can deal with the claim that the Spartan augments take care of the gender related physical disparities, but how the fuck would a woman become an ODST? Aren't they supposed to be the toughest motherfuckers ever?

Some guy just got a bronze star for dragging his woman team member to safety in Afghanistan under fire, but she still died.
military.com/daily-news/2019/03/04/trump-applauds-soldiers-bronze-star-heroism-during-jber-visit.html

yeah

IIRC Spartans can reach and maitain and stable 50 to 60kph (rougly 40mph), and MC reached 100+kph (60 mph) but couldnt keep that speed up for long and he got hurt.

also, the sprint ability in reach was canonically a module to hack the suit and disable the safety features so the user could sprint away

you also need to be aware that the average spartan with armor weights like 500kg

500kg of armor and guns running at you at 60kph seems pretty fast to me

Attached: 1551546367579.png (260x283, 81K)

Wrong thread for that.

Incorrect youtube.com/watch?v=bTpzs-wMD3w

Attached: 1553265761691.jpg (663x498, 24K)

dunno, it just works i guess.

Attached: 1645.png (950x892, 1.9M)

Is Halo still a cool guy?

Nothing much. They are being very tight lipped about it. I *think* its going to be a launch title for the next gen Xbox but I can't remember if that was a rumor only.

>Who needs a gun when you can slam a thousand pounds worth of armor and metal into your enemy

Weren't they always canon? They're supposed to be Spartans training and shit.

>Spartans can reach and maitain and stable 50 to 60kph (rougly 40mph), and MC reached 100+kph

In a suit that weighs almost as much as my Corolla? That is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

also wrong

Attached: ded.png (853x440, 424K)

Is there a comfier spacecraft in Halo than the Longsword?

Attached: LongswordCockpitCEA.jpg (1364x576, 141K)

eh still kills aleins

don't even start with the comics dude, holy shit what a mess, funny tho

Attached: 1414356515674.jpg (250x251, 11K)

nope

>Elites are just spacejaps
>Final fight is anticlimactic af
>Female elite is some Cameron's Avatar ayylmao creature
>Terrible filter over mediocre CGI
It's not particularly a good short. Pains me, because it was made by Production IG who have a pretty good track record.

“Spiritual reboot” is what they’re calling it. So my take is not a story reset, but a total change in artistic/stylistic/narrative direction. Halo 5 still happened, but I imagine they’re going to distance themselves from most aspects of it. Story wise that will probably mean a time jump (the infinite trailer pelican shows a date that’s 2 years after the end of halo 5).

Okay, I'm gonna clear up all the /pol/ weomen-cant-be-real-soldiers talk. All UNSC soldiers go through very basic augmentations when they enlist.

they are really angry orphans with nothing to lose
that in itself should remove sex related issues

>his woman team member

The article says nothing about a female soldier. Gabriel Conde was a dude. Are we reading the same article?

the pelican of course

Attached: master_chief_in_a_pelican_by_victortky.jpg (600x339, 36K)

did you know Incubus recorded 4 songs for the sountrack, Steve Vai plays guitar on Mjolnir mix, and John Mayer has a brief uncredited guest solo in the credits?

Any Covenant ship

Attached: halo3_96841434_Full.jpg (1920x1080, 176K)

Don't know why anyone is discussing female soldiers in a sci fi game. In fact a majority of things the UNSC has or does doesn't make sense.

Which specific episodes are good? I have time right now to watch a few and I’ve never seen them

genetic stuff, they needed kids with stand-up genes that were hand picked for the augmentations, and even them, some of them died in the operation table

no matter if the child in question was a male or female, if the subject in question had very good genes he/she was abducted.

I'd love to explore one.

Huh, when news broken everybody said it was a chick, guess not then.

How would that make you physically stronger and faster? Childhood trauma doesn't develop muscle mass.

The Incubus songs were so good, then I listened to their other stuff and was disappointed how different it was.