ITT: Good Games only Brainlets Hate

Attached: rmx6_box.jpg (512x512, 148K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dUxPrQYDdIc&list=PL90376F9568403C22&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=2T_aufTJAd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 15275367256378.jpg (1024x683, 248K)

i think you meant bad games only brainlets pretend to like

I'm actually plying this right now after finishing the MMX 1 collection. So far I really like the boss designs but it doesn't do a good job explaining the power ups or items and space shuttle shit. Care to give me a rundown?

Attached: GRIZZLY.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

There is no such thing as a "rundown" of any of X5's batshit insane mechanics, read the MM wiki for answers

Attached: 1533572033278.jpg (1200x1696, 807K)

I agree.

>it's supposed to be shit bro
>definitely not because it's a rushed as fuck cashgrab after the series was supposed to be over

4 bosses on the left side are for the first tier of ending check. laser either works or it doesn't. 4 bosses on right are for shuttle parts for the 2nd ending check. either it works or it doesn't,

powerups are based on maverick level, once it hits a certain threshold you will get a part every time. it's balanced so that you initially won't get parts right away unless you game the system and die a bunch. basically the less hours you have the higher the maverick level, so if you run it down early you can't miss anything.

effects of each powerup you choose can be looked up on a wiki. each one is also bundled with a life increase or weapon increase. sometimes the parts aren't that great so thats the better indicator of what to go for.

it's not as complicated as people make it out to be but you're right that it doesn't explain it either.

Its basically RNG whether or not the cannon or the shuttle succeed based on the amount of parts you have.

So basically if i backtrack to get items I'm wasting hours.
Thats kinda fucked up. What's the optimal run order with Zero then? I dont want to play as X unless I have to.

the hours aren't really that important in the grand scheme of it all. you can waste 7-8 of them and still have all the parts. even then the only effect running out of time does is forcing you into using the laser/firing the shuttle without all of the parts, and it's still random whether or not it works. i wouldn't worry too much about it. all "success" does is change a boss fight and let you access the sigma stages early.

I thought the opening video to x6 was the coolest shit

The only thing I don't like about x6 is the reploids that can be permanently killed, especially the ones that gives you parts, it fucks with my 100%ing autism
But the part system is great and should be back , ultima buster is monica

Attached: 1533003751183.gif (275x207, 820K)

Eh, X6 is underrated but only a little. It is better than X5 or X7 and the only REALLY annoying aspects are the endlessly spawning ghosts and Gate II unless you're doing some sort of gimped run. Still, it doesn't change that the game is chock full of questionable design choices and arbitrary difficulty spikes that, on a base tastefulness level, force it to be below the other entries in quality. I don't dislike the game but you do have to turn a bit of a blind eye to bullshit to say it's even in the better half of the series.

X6 is a terrible game that gets better every playthrough. It's the perfect game to play to scratch that PS1 MMX itch, but only if you know what's coming.

It's the complete opposite of X5, which is great the first time but gets worse every playthrough.

WELL HOLY GOD DAMN

100% agreed.

So is the ending song

Ok update. Just beat the first 4 bosses and failed to use the enigma. Is it just luck? How does this affect the rest of the game?

Enigma works like 10% of the time. You are experiencing the normal playthrough.

I see you like being stepped on as well.

Attached: ZeroX6.jpg (495x460, 70K)

Is this the contrarian thread?

zero is cute

Megaman X6 is better than X and X2.

Pretty much. It's jank and has two awful stages, but actually challenges you. Meanwhile X4 and X5 are piss easy and only fun the first time.

X1 and 2 are the only good X games.

If X6 copied the X1 level changes instead of nightmare phenomena...

the only defense i've seen for this game is either "its good cause its hard" or its got good music
while the latter is true that doesnt make it a good game

I maintain that X4's good due to the flow of its stage design. It's like MMZ but without too many eggs in the speedrunning basket. I think X4 is the most fun Megaman game to just blaze through, it has a very streamlined feel that's fun to just speed through and I don't think any other X game captured that particular feeling as well as X4 did. But yeah, it's definitely the easiest game in the series as well.

I love it but come on, it's an unfinished product by a B-team at best.

Megaman X6? More like literally the worst game in the whole franchise, even games like Battle Chip Challenge and Soccer are better like holy shit

Attached: Mung_Daal.png (310x489, 71K)

>worse than the dos games

Attached: yeah, no.jpg (500x500, 108K)

X6 still plays like a fundamental PS1 era X game. That alone puts it above X7 in terms of competency seeing as the very essence of control in that game is fucked. Its stages are also infinitely more boring but that's just driving the point even harder, you don't even have to assert that to prove that X7 is worse.

It's not even the worst game among the ps1 ones, when X5 exists. I don't get this meme opinion that X6 is the worst. Did the wheels and mosquitoes really trigger people this much?

youtube.com/watch?v=dUxPrQYDdIc&list=PL90376F9568403C22&index=8

Comfy.

Attached: shot02[1].gif (320x240, 38K)

I also agree with that since the Falcon Armor is X5's sole positive aspect. Still, it at least can be argued that X5, dull as it is, is less broken overall than X6 so I can see any argument in its favor. X7, though? Can't do it unless you haven't played it and are just talking out your ass. Even by 2003 standards that game is indefensible.

one of the only games where i like every single track
>comfy
youtube.com/watch?v=2T_aufTJAd0

Attached: megaman music.gif (540x304, 1.19M)

X3

I think X's intro theme in X4 is the perfect track for X in general but X6's intro stage was just so great

Your post is bait, but here's the ultimate galaxy brain game.

Attached: chrono cross.jpg (500x495, 45K)

I don't like playing with X after X4. Zero is way more balanced and better overall character to play. X weapons are mostly useless and more a gameplay mechanic to get armor parts than actual weapons. Meanwhile Zero gets double jump, spin slash, Twin Dream (which is a much better version of Soul Body), Hyoroga and Juuhazan that turns his gameplay way funnier. X just becomes the guy with armors and range attacks until X8, where Axl is way cooler to play than him. Axl pistols are insane and him flight is pretty useful. X is just the boring nobody that people use just because the armors.

I found X4 to be too tame and basic to enjoy stage wise.

X in X8 is actually really fun to use due to all the different ways in which your beam can change, and the way X is affected by the armor. Hermes and Icarus are one of the best in the series. They don't look good, but they do add variety in how you approach levels.

They tried their best to make X more fun in X6 and I like that his tools are way more varied but he's still not as fun as that blonde bitch

X3 is...decent. Its best quality is being in the same engine as X1/2, and therefore having the same satisfying sense of control. Also, that double air dash is pretty bitchin'. Still, it definitely has worse stages and sense of progression than its predecessors, with far too little enemy variety and copypaste layouts on top of a near unruly amount of collectibles to find, some of which are locked behind charged special weapon shots and that's bad because of X3's worst aspect, having the absolute worst armor charge shot in series history. Its difficulty is also a bit suspect in places, namely the Sigma fight where he just dishes out obscene amounts of damage even when fully armored. It's not a bad game, just the first one to have the degree of outstanding problems that would more regularly plague the back half of the series. It's better than that set of games but only slightly. I'd say X8 is about on par with it and that game definitely has its issues.

You're missing out then. Shadow Armor X is based and X8 had a great X as well.

Fair, but I feel that's almost by design. Like I said, it's very streamlined to the point where you can just glide though a stage with a sense of saitisfying speed. It's not a very complex game at all but I'm hard pressed to name a X game that flows more smoothly. I think X4 is the one game that tried something different from the X1/2 fundamentals and actually succeeded at it. There's no shortage of experimentation in the series but outside of X4 the execution has been dodgy at best. X4 isn't flawless but it does excel at what it seemed to be designed to do, which is run quickly and gracefully through a stage.

I hate the idea of playing Zero in X5 due to the virus system which is part of why I dislike that game, and X7 doesn't even register as conventionally playable to me until X is unlocked.

>Sends casuals into a frenzy.
>Separates the boys from the men.
>Wants you to pay attention to know how use the Blade Armor's charged slash.
>Is packed with bowls for every occasion.
How can one black damn robot be so based?

Attached: HighMax.png (1386x1212, 2.29M)

probably because he's a shit boss in a shit game
>LOL YOU ARE JUST CASUAL
no its just not fun

High Max is a good enough boss, he's just utilized carelessly and is an infamous beginner's trap as a result.

>no its just not fun
Yeah it is, THIS isn't fun

Attached: NightmareMother.png (176x144, 9K)

You can't kill him unless you have a certain weapon, have you even played the game? As a boss he is piss easy.

It's actually pretty easy. Unless you are playing with Zero.

>You can't kill him unless you have a certain weapon

Yeah, that's precisely what I meant by beginner's trap. You also CAN'T run into him unless you go down the alternate route so you can just stick to boss routes until you have the weapon that hurts him, all of which is unknowable on a guideless first playthrough.

>As a boss he is piss easy.

He's definitely not that bad once you can hurt him but I've fought easier bosses in X.

again difficulty isnt the problem

I quite like beating this cheap boss that's troubled me for months as a kid.
Something about getting up after every loss and making slightly more progress was what I enjoyed.

Attached: CaptainFalcon.gif (320x243, 549K)

Literally a guilty pleasure of mine, I just can't stop replaying it every once in a while; managed to 100% it too. Reploids dying was a bitch move though. Also, "SENTZUISAN IN INFINITY MIJINION'S STAGE, PART 2".

Attached: 1489348874968.jpg (386x317, 10K)

That is a bad game that I like though

>Devs wanted fix X6 for collection.
>Capcom said no because they have plans to remake all 2d games.
>MHX bombs and shit don't get fixed anyway.

Thanks....

Attached: 1550132096502.png (392x392, 237K)

Inafune said no according to the leaker.

>series began in 1987
>series is divided in parts, each featuring descendants from the same family
>series' last 2 parts occur on an alternate universe
>series' problematics happen thanks to the first part's antagonist leaving huge repercussions
>series' first antagonist has a descendant that ends up helping the good guys
>series had a big project for its 30th anniversary that ended up releasing a year after
>series is yet to be concluded
>series is really gay at points
>series creator tends to forget stuff troughout, which leaves the overall plot with a bunch of plotholes

Guys...

>

Attached: 4a6.png (994x738, 695K)

The only reason X6 still has the slight bit of enjoyment in it is because it had 5 games before it that solidified the movement and gameplay mechanics. The stages, the enemies and the boss designs all fucking blow, but the core gameplay of running, jumping, dashing, shooting and slicing are all firmly cemented, bug free and enjoyable. If the game controllers like X7's clunky and stiff 2D sections, there would be no one defending this pile of trash.

Attached: 1552315019060.png (676x505, 271K)

>lmao let's just put pits and spikes everywhere fuck good level design

unironically based.
the PS1/PS2 MMX games are fucking trash.

sounds like fucking Smash

X4's better than X3 but otherwise it's kinda true.

>Leaving out the avalanche of music references.

>X4's better than X3
i agree.
X2 = X1 > X4 > X3 >>>>>>>>> X5 >>> Every other MMX game

I felt like a fucking madman when I decided to beat this game on the hardest difficulty no ultimate armor.

Music wise
X2 > X1 > X6 > X4 > X3 > X5 > X7

I've actually had Enigma succeed 2 or 3 times in my entire life.

Troll posts only faggot OP's post. X6 is absolute garbage.

i wish Megaman X Corrupted would be finished.
i need my X fix.

Attached: 33481015d04b3974f9ed7acf616592901b13507ebdabf48ee1d6d09d63acc2c4.png (1070x601, 507K)

X1 is one of the weaker entries musically imo. X2, X3 better imo. Boomer Kuwanger is the only good song.

I go

X1 = X2 > X4 > CM > X3 > X8 > X6 > X5 > X7

It's always easy to see who's actually played X7

X2 > X1 > X4 > X6 > X3 > X8 > X5 > Megaman DOS > X7

>CM
>X8
i don't consider either CM nor X8 as true MMX games (not that they are bad games), but your list aint bad

>X1 is one of the weaker entries musically imo
Armored Armadillo and Spark Mandrill are iconic.

>opinion spamming
I'm out

>t. likes X6

>Thread opens with an opinion (A false and bait one but still)

Dunno what you expected user

I think X8 was very much a "road to recovery" sort of thing, it was less fucked than X5-7 but wasn't quite great either.

When X7 isn't saying some meme tier quote that gets obnoxious after a while it's pretty dull and full of distance to travel. Much like pic related's game.

Attached: DonteF.jpg (1152x720, 88K)

That's the good part of Megaman threads though.