Which of these two will make it into Smash first?

Which of these two will make it into Smash first?

Attached: 1538721056265.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smashboards.com/threads/i-think-this-might-be-interesting-to-look-at-melee-1999-poll.81891/
gamerch.com/smashbros/entry/56289
youtube.com/watch?v=BcWjw0r7e20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Geno, through Brawl modding
Through DLC, none. See you in Smash 6

None of them should ever be put in

Literal whos have no place in Smash

For later smash games? Probably Isaac. There was a noticeable backlash when he wasn't revealed, so the demand is known. They're also running out of Nintendo characters to add.

Attached: 250px-Ice_Climbers_SSBU.png (250x250, 75K)

>implying you knew who most characters in the roster were before Smash

Attached: kurt on a boat.jpg (500x322, 37K)

Isaac since he's the main character of his series and isn't held back through a third party company like Geno, but the chances of either even getting fighter treatment are absurdly low

But they both made it into Smash though? One as an assist trophy, the other as a Spirit. Isaac was the first one to make it, if that's your question

Neither will ever be in nor should they be.

>noticeable backlash

No, no there wasn't. A few screeching manchildren online isn't noticeable. It's a dead series no one gives a shit about.

Why do we need more boomer characters?

>

Attached: 1553445581162.jpg (200x266, 13K)

none of them
reminder that cuphead and candance will be the next dlc characters

>candance
can't spell

also, isaac because at least he isn't owned by square-'stingy pieces of shit'-enix

Japan wanted him and he was planned for the first game.

Also was only supposed to be in the Japanese version until playtesters liked him and Roy

Neither. Geno got Spiritzoned and Isaac got Assist-Trophyzoned.

Isaac won't be until at least the next game, as he's an assist trophy. We can still hope for Matthew or Felix though.

isaac at least got the better end of the deal. he got an assist trophy, multiple spirits, music from his games, the mii costume...

geno didn't even and won't get his mii costume back, there's no smrpg music, and there's only his and mallow's spirits. goddamn, i know he'll never be playable, but i loved that mii costume. at least give me that back.

Neither but anime sword guy deserves it more for having his own game. Fuck geno and fuck genofags

We could have got Sukapon instead

smashboards.com/threads/i-think-this-might-be-interesting-to-look-at-melee-1999-poll.81891/

IC barely had any votes, why did they get in?

Isaac made it first in Brawl as an assist trophy, Geno made it second in 3DS and Wii U as a Mii fighter costume. Then they're both in Ultimate as spirits.

I think the copyright for joy mech fight was all split up at the time

It’ll probably be up for sale when Joker or brave are added.

History:
>IC bundles saved the NES in Europe

Smash development history:
>Sakurai wanted to add a retro rep from the NES-era in Melee
>it was also an elimination process, where Ice Climbers was the most viable choice to choose for a retro rep.

Attached: Sakurai on Ice Climbers' inclusion.png (1284x644, 351K)

>There was a noticeable backlash when he wasn't revealed
yea just like how Isaac was cut or saved for later because of a Japanese earthquake and Hurricane Isaac.

Cuphead is already deconfirmed

Reminder that the people defending the more questionable inclusions in Smash would've been furious at people for suggesting them if they weren't in just like literally every popular suggestion.

mii gunner and robin are already in. enjoy!

Attached: 1549719770078.jpg (1200x675, 133K)

I hope they re add the mii costume. mii gunner looks and plays just like Geno. Who needs him in smash when you have the costume?

Attached: genomii.jpg (336x150, 18K)

this, one of the only mii costumes where you sorta feel like you're playing as said character. The gunner's moveset worked perfectly w/ geno too

You'll say this but defend FE sword fighter with a counter #234 when they get announced. Stop pretending you care about redudancy and are only mad because people still asking for characters implies that Sakurai isn't a perfect god being game developer that never makes mistakes.

Byleth is a basic bitch less than Corn and Cristina already Edelgardfags in the butt with Fortnite.
Chrom is your ultimate FE rep

>You'll say this but defend FE sword fighter with a counter #234 when they get announced.
what's the difference between "generic fire emblem swordsman" and "generic golden sun swordsman" besides the logo next to their name?
>people still asking for characters implies that Sakurai isn't a perfect god being game developer that never makes mistakes.
not putting your literal who in the game isn't a "mistake."
selling out to rosterfags would actually be a mistake, because you guys are never pleased and would 100% make smash jump the shark if it catered to your every whim.

Attached: yourtears2.png (1280x768, 302K)

>what's the difference between "generic fire emblem swordsman" and "generic golden sun swordsman" besides the logo next to their name?

>Add another FE character
>FE is even more over represented
>FE fans bitch about the minority of people that complain about them, and then wallow in despair because it's not Hector

>Isaac gets added
>Another franchise gets represented in a CROSSOVER game
>Golden Sun fans are happy.

>not putting your literal who in the game isn't a "mistake."

You're so concerned about "literal whos" when I have to explain to everyone who the FE characters are literally everytime I show smash to someone.

>selling out to rosterfags would actually be a mistake,

K. Rool and Ridley didn't result in hell fire like you tried to convince everyone they would for almost a decade. In fact they were well received, almost as if giving people what they want in a fanservice game works out.

It's really not the same thing.

> Retards keep asking for shit like Geno, Banjo, Isaac etc.. instead of newer relevant characters around the time
> Happened especially around Smash 4 and Ultimate pre-release, and as a result, all the Wii-U era characters like Wonder Red will never be in Smash

Dumbasses, stop clinging to your dead franchises and start supporting for those who have a real chance. People like you are the reason why Rhythm Heaven barely got anything this time around.

you guys realizing whining about Fire Emblem or swordies won't magically get your favorites in DLC right?

I'd rather have "irrelevant" characters that are loved 20 years later in a game about celebrating Nintendo games than flavor of the month picks that just so happened to get added because their games happened to release at the right time. Nobody would've ever asked for shit like Palutena or Corrin in 2036.

You realize that a potential character isn't automatically shit because they aren't in Smash, yet, right?

yet k.rool plays like shit now due to whining

So Robin and Corrin are now retroactively bad additions because they're low tier in Ultimate?

>All these people dissing on the FE characters, when that includes based Robin

Attached: 9c47010f76ec0ecccdcdfe3cca4dde23dee07600_hq.jpg (800x672, 47K)

>relevancyfags still going on "muh recency"

>when k.rool got in due to legacy
>when Rex and Shitman got officially blocked because they were late in the planning
>when Blandana Dweeb gotten jackshit while Marxchads got a boss, mii costume, and enhancible Legend spirit
>when Chrom wasnt even the most recent lord, which they also do for FE additions.
kys recencycuck

It's a shit argument for why a character should or shouldn't get in, anyway.

>No I don't want this guy because their game came out in 2014 instead of 2015

?????

>Blandana Dweeb
I'm going to use that one later. Thanks.

Attached: 77e210db14befd7027ab890d162c4fd8859f13c6_00.jpg (480x371, 20K)

Robin still plays like sex while K.Rool got his blunderbluss nerfed
its almost Cloud-tier bullshit on the nerf

The grinch of course.

Attached: 1540830850001.png (637x716, 690K)

Based

dark matter should be in

Attached: 1553126286663.png (1000x1033, 367K)

it makes sense because normally Sakurai cares if they trended prior to planning the next game sans Pokemon.
that's why people thought Issac was getting in Smash 4 due to Dark Dawn release before Smash 4's planning started

every character after the project planning is unanimously fucked.

fat

Geno will have to make it over my wife for the square rep and I see very slim chances of it actually going through

Attached: 1551941089112m.jpg (683x1024, 77K)

I think people need to realize that Melee's development was an extremely different time for Smash. It was when the series was still in its experimenal grassroots stage.

But now the series has become far larger and the expectations/standards of character inclusions have become much higher. I think it's safe to say that if characters like Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch weren't included in Melee, they would of never been playable in later games would just be assist trophies at best.

The only """backlash""" was from a tiny group on the internet mad because they tricked themselves with Ridley'sShadow-Tier theories and fake leaks.

reality:
>add another fire emblem character
>roster gets another generic anime swordsman
>add isaac
>roster gets another generic anime swordsman, but it's okay this time because he has a different logo next to his name
again, not really seeing enough of a difference to justify adding a robin clone to a roster already bloated with generic swordsmen as it is.
>K. Rool and Ridley didn't result in hell fire like you tried to convince everyone they would for almost a decade.
i did nothing of the sort, and i don't understand why isaacfags keep pretending their generic swordsman from a flop franchise is at all similar to ridley and k.rool.
>almost as if giving people what they want in a fanservice game works out.
there's a difference between being a fanservice game and adding everyone rosterfags tell them to. believe it or not, rosterfags do not represent the entire fanbase.

how does it feel grinch bullshit ruined discussion for geno and isaac?
even Simon and Incineroar isn't too stuck on to Vergeben bullshit and Erdrick is going to be another case since Vergeben is trying to ripoff from ResetERA Erdrick rumors now.

>the many retards that shatted on Simon Belmont discussion because some hack leaker said he was in
>the Soratard that spammed "Simon Cuckmont" and used sales to disapprove his inclusion over Sora
>the one Somafag deluded to think he would get in over Alucard, Simon, or Richter

also fuck Frank, he should've shut his mouth about Chief. I rather talk about MC than seeing rarebare shitposting and Steve shitposting again.

Attached: 1553454729222.jpg (710x850, 161K)

>he should have shut his mouth about Chief
it still hurts

Isaac A LA 2ND FIGHTERS PASS DLC!

Attached: Isaac.png (1483x1134, 346K)

oops, meant for

I can't wait until Erdrick gets confirmed. Any discussion about his possible inclusion was shut down by all of the circlejerk characters until that german guy said something. He's going to be the next Incineroar, completely blowing everyone out.

are you implying that rosterfag circlejerk characters somehow aren't the textbook definition of "flavor of the month"? remember the erdrickfags? the porky minch spammers? the sylux shitters?
listening to rosterfags is the quickest way to get a roster that ages like milk, because as soon as they start getting their way, they'll stop caring about the characters they used to want and move on to the next meme. then you're stuck with a roster full of literal-who characters that reddit memed into the game. good luck selling that to normal people.

The world of Golden Sun is a lot more colorful and interesting than the world of Fire Emblem. That's why everyone is sick of FE but still thinks Isaac is promising. Because he's not an FE character, he's about as FE as Link or Prince of Sable.
t. guy who plays video games

>Erdrick does gets in
>people will pretend all their detraction for him never existed
>just like the grinch defense and anti-Ridleyfagging

>Erdrick doesnt get in
>people start trashing the Dragon Quest franchise and boogeyman about muh sugiyama
why do Smash fans act like this?

>>roster gets another generic anime swordsman, but it's okay this time because he has a different logo next to his name

Man it's almost as if representing a new franchise in a crossover game makes more sense

again, not really seeing enough of a difference to justify adding a robin clone to a roster already bloated with generic swordsmen as it is.

You'll be defending Byleth when they get announced later this year.
i did nothing of the sort, and i don't understand why isaacfags keep pretending their generic swordsman from a flop franchise is at all similar to ridley and k.rool.

The biggest difference is that they're in, which means they're automatically good now because God Sakurai is perfect and never does anything wrong!

>believe it or not, rosterfags do not represent the entire fanbase.

lmao you spent ten years screaming at ridley and k. rool fans, telling them that Palutena and Corrin were the REAL fanpicks. Then when we got an actual ballot they just so happened to make it.

You can scream "rosterfag" all you want. Well requested characters are eventually going to make it in, you'll change your logic to fit whatever bullshit excuses Sakurai comes up with (completely forgetting what you've said before) then you'll switch your targets to whatever other characters are left. It happened with K.Rool/Ridley, it'll happen agian.

>The world of Golden Sun is a lot more colorful and interesting than the world of Fire Emblem.
golden yawn is one of the most generic jrpg series ever made and it's equally as boring as fire emblem.

But Issac was already in Brawl

If I had to guess, Geno. Sakurai is aware of his demand, and he’s not an assist trophy in Ult

oh yeah just have them remove him from assist trophies, that makes sense you fucking retard.

Neither.
He will.

Attached: based and raypilled.png (855x759, 568K)

>are you implying that rosterfag circlejerk characters somehow aren't the textbook definition of "flavor of the month"?

Considering K.Rool and Ridley were highly requested since the Brawl days, yes.

>good luck selling that to normal people.

"popularity matters when it's a character not in the game, but it doesn't when a character is."

I still have to explain to people who the FE and Kid Icarus characters are.

No, they just liked the character and wanted him in
There is no Isaac fan who resents Sakurai for, what, not stopping an earthquake?

M-more?

You Isaacfags have it so good. At least you have your assist trophy. I still don't get why they cut Sakis assist. I mean, the costume's nice I suppose, but why bother cutting the perfectly good assist when they could reuse assets from 4? I'm still not over it.

Attached: 250px-Saki_Amamiya.png (250x350, 71K)

I did always think she was cute.

>cuphead
Why am I seeing this so much these days
There's no way some flavor of the month indie character will make it in. Sans or Reimu are unironically more likely.

>I am a zoomer with shit taste, and Nintendo should pander to me by putting trash characters in the game just because they're from recent games
Kill yourself

not every AT came back
even Magnus got cut but they kept the sideboss waifu in
also Viridi was always meant to be a 3D stage visual

Shulk robbed Saki's chances

>Exact same color scheme as Ken and Incineroar

It's not fucking fair

Attached: ShadowAssist1.jpg (1200x675, 174K)

I didn't even care about him being a character, I just want the assist back.

>Man it's almost as if representing a new franchise in a crossover game makes more sense
golden sun is already represented with isaac as an assist trophy.
why do we need to bloat the playable roster with more of an already-overused function in order to represent an obscure dead franchise?
>God Sakurai is perfect and never does anything wrong!
and yet i'm arguing that the roster has too many generic anime swordsmen. how does that equate to thinking sakurai can do no wrong?
>lmao you spent ten years screaming at ridley and k. rool fans
nope. but please, keep putting words in my mouth instead of addressing the actual arguments. you're totally not a seething rosterfag.

If they ever do another ballot we Marxchads need to rise up and tell Sakurai to add our based jester and not some goomba with a hat

Attached: 1525280939864.gif (1000x1000, 329K)

Knuckles was always the more likely choice

>how dare you ask for anything other than the "correct" characters that smashboards, discord and reddit tell us to want!

Shadow is wildly more popular than Knuckles, though
And if popularity isn't a factor, Robotnik is a much better pick

Shantae has a better chance than them all.

a maajority of Discordtranny hives, except for Mimique or fucking PapaGenos, was anti-isaac

geno, since isaac is technically in already as an assist

Please stop posting this character, everything about it speaks autism.

Brawl had recent characters like Ike and Lucas too dumbass.

If you're going by ease of implementation and popularity, it's Shadow; if you're going by importance to the series and legacy, it's Tails. Knuckles seems like a hard lock for 3rd place, either way he has someone in front of him.

if popularity always matter, Shadow and Ashley would be a ballot choice like Ridley was.
and Robotnik should never be playable, just a fun boss like Dracula or Rathalos

>ease of implementation
>legacy
Pic related fills these two.

Attached: CD1FE104-8D1A-4D99-BC27-03D48B984489.png (211x356, 94K)

>third party
>spinoff
>standalone
>not even the main character
>been in nothing since
>TWENTY YEARS AGO
They're both never evers, but Geno is
NEVER
E
V
E
R

EVER
V
E
R

they gave a lot of time to Knuckles AT than Shadow getting another freeze on his CC
and Tails sucks so bad he even had the weakest content given in Smash 4/ Ultimate.

Tidus.

>Metal Sonic doing split kicks, wind-up punches, and extending his quills for an up-throw

Not going to happen, unfortunately.

Ashley had a 0% chance of competing with any of the non-Echo newcomers for a spot in Smash Ultimate.

adding the reddit puppet is the moment smash jumps the shark. first it's geno, then it's waluigi, and eventually people will be begging for shit like bowsette, wojak and pickle rick for le epic maymays.

PoR was out before Brawl's planning started and Lucas was already considered and planned up since Melee.

Echoes don’t need to be “exact” since Ken and Chrom exist. They can change animations to suit the character.

dont act like it isn't possible

Attached: isaacdab.png (960x540, 394K)

How typical of a zoomer to not even know any non-zoomer characters other than the most popular ones
My most wanted fighters were Eggman, Tom Nook, and Marx, none of whom are popular choices. Just because I also supported the popular choices like K Rool and Isaac since they had a fighting chance doesn't mean that's all I care about.

>she
user...

Geno has been one of the most requested by Japanese players since Melee

>Shadow having a spring recovery, no chaos spear, wind-up punches, and not keeping his quills groomed
I could do the same too

No. Shantae is objectively the weakest in terms of popularity, sales and impact. She's far out of her league compared to Cuphead, Reimu and Frisk.

Isaac has a bigger chance of eventually making it in, he's the main character of a (niche) franchise. There aren't many Nintendo franchises left to pull from.

>when Blandana Dweeb gotten jackshit while Marxchads got a boss, mii costume, and enhancible Legend spirit
To be honest, that's only because of Sakurai's garbage priorities.

Attached: Retro reps.png (841x1292, 1.1M)

>Ashley had a 0% chance of competing with any of the non-Echo newcomers for a spot in Smash Ultimate.
and Shadow has 0% for both unique and echo
Ashley just only needs to stop being in the sidelines to compete.

Isaac, but only IF a new GS game is released.
And if Geno-fags (not the rational Genofans) disagree, then they're fucking delusional retards that really don't get why Geno didn't happen before when he had his big ass chance.

>no chaos spear,
You mean that move that he rarely uses in his home series? Shadow as an Echo would take way less effort than Metal and he has far more people asking for him.

>There aren't many Nintendo franchises left to pull from.
then add more third-party characters instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel just because it's nintendo.

Probably Smash 6 with Skull Kid if they keep fulfilling requests.

he use it as much than Ridley doing the grind in non-canon stuff and SR

oh, also: improve some of the series that are already there, too. kirby and zelda's overall representation is terrible, and those are two of nintendo's biggest franchises.

>Metal Sonic doing split kicks, wind-up punches, and extending his quills for an up-throw
Dark Samus proves that the animations for moves and even movement can be different as long as the frame data and hitboxes are essentially the same

>There aren't many Nintendo franchises left to pull from.
More 3rd parties isn't the solution, it's more likely that they're going to add more characters from already existing franchises like Dixie Kong.

>sales
RIP Castle "always sold less than Metroid Prime 2" vania

Isaac is going to be extra redundant once they add that Dragon Quest guy. Why add the knockoff when they can add the real deal?

>Shadow as an Echo would take way less effort than Metal
Based on what exactly?
>he has far more people asking for him.
And mind you, however popular a character is doesn’t guarantee them being playable.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned popularity and impact as well you dumbass.

or Kumazaki stuff is crap
Banadana Dee is as likely to adding Sylux over Dark Samus/Ridley

>More 3rd parties isn't the solution
sure it is. they've barely even scratched the surface of third parties worth adding.

What makes you think I want Bandana Dee?

Attached: 1913217.png (733x660, 754K)

Dixie Kong can't even get in over K. Rool
even Funky as a DK echo is more likely

>Based on what exactly?
He's been a playable copy of Sonic within their own series more often than Metal Sonic has.

All the DLC characters will be 3rd party. Who the fuck wants Dixie Kong.

I'd like both but DK's representation would feel "finished" with Dixie.

even Dark Samus hitboxes are different
you can deal with Pichu/Kirby mains with her shorten Up Smash

They already do that when an assist character appears as a stage element. Knuckles will never be summoned in Green Hill because he's running around in the background.

Isaac was an assist trophy while geno is a spirit. an assist trophy has more of a chance being in smash than a spirit.

I assumed we were talking about front-runners for Smash 6, not DLC characters.

>Dee is not even playable and he STILL lives rent free in the minds of clownfucker
YIKES! Looks like the humble Bandana Chads win again!

this is pretty based though

Attached: DOOT.gif (300x300, 180K)

Ice Climber was an NES launch title, buddy.

Bomberman had both of that yet the lesser half of the Metroidvania duo got in before him.
just admit your fan rules dont matter, Sakurai adds what he wants or if negotiations went through smoothly

Neither

I hope they do an echo pack. Maybe something like 5 echoes for $10? It just seems like easy money to me.

That makes it even worse that nobody recognized them in Melee.

Okay? Being a clone more times in the host series doesn’t just wipe away the fact another character has essentially done the same thing in the same series. Both could easily fit the role.

mommy matter

Attached: 1543086227071.png (500x412, 196K)

Well many of the people who made Nintendo successful in the first place bailed when the N64 launched and didn't have anything for them. Gamecube just continued that.

Arachnus-tier

>time for the American justice system

so?
might as well argue FE is incomplete without Caeda and Sirius

Attached: 1553460913963.png (841x1292, 1.09M)

>lose the jester/rat/dark cock
>"r-rent free"
Decidueye and Rex fans are getting lonely, go join them

Yet Sakurai had the chance to add Shantae as a character if he wanted to, or even an AT. But instead she got the most low effort representation possible as a spirit.

You could add 100 FE characters and their fans would still think they're underrepresented. All you need for DK is Dixie.

i shall always believe, no matter the delusion

Attached: SuperMarioParty_Waluigi.png (800x1000, 535K)

Honestly, why did Cloud become a playable character in Smash 4 if he didn't even appear in any nintendo console before Switch? Even Phoenix Wright would have made more sense considering that at the time Ace Attorney was more or less exclusive to Nintendo consoles.

Attached: Cloud.jpg (1024x1262, 147K)

Third Party characters usually mean giving money to that franchise holder, their own catalog is free.

By the next Smash Isaac will be a retro rep like Duck Hunt or Ice Climbers.
Who is the character on the left?

>hahaha he's not playable like two other characters that are playable
>oh, but m-muh jester is a boss in two gamemodes
>one of which, he's only accessible by playing as kirby
>the other being a shitty sticker collectathon where he doesn't appear until 3/4ths into the mode
I like marx and would take pretty much any 4th kirby rep at this point but marxfags are legitimately cancerous

Attached: bdeeok.jpg (425x420, 25K)

Because that's an incredibly arbitrary reason not to add a character that people would love and get excited for? If FF7 was ported on the 3ds or some shit does that make it suddenly a good pick? Is he know retroactively a good pick because FF7 is on Switch?

Isaac because he's in already

Because he's a popular character.

None of the 3rd Party Mii costumes came back. They're all DLC again.

He appeared in Kingdom Hearts chain of memories, and Theatrhythm. Also he's simply the best representative for Final Fantasy.

Sorafags and Stevefags are the objective evil of this round of speculation.

because he's stupid popular and Nomura wanted it to happen too since Brawl

also Itsuno made a good point on why Cloud and Joker is more justified to adding Dante without his games on the Switch now.
Final Fantasy had rich Nintendo history, so lets give Nintendo fans the franchise most dreamy and popular characters

Attached: 95071-kingdom-hearts-chain-of-memories-game-boy-advance-screenshot.png (240x160, 21K)

Have it be Boomer Isaac, easy

It was more so that Sakurai wanted Final Fantasy to have a playable rep and Cloud just happened to be the best choice.

he wasnt added because of a gba spinoff you tard

this
also both Sakurai and Nomura argued that if they went with Nintendo essentials, they would all be literal who choices to pick from.

Because Smash Bros is a celebration of Nintendo, it should be represented by characters from games on Nintendo consoles.
You're telling me Black Mage wouldn't be a great choice as Final Fantasy rep?

my brother from another mother

Attached: 1480203401137.png (420x420, 334K)

He's already in SSF2

I'm just happy Kirby didn't get any new rep. Hat Goomba fags made me hate the series and it's characters, fucking underage retards.

Attached: 1551276006159.jpg (591x640, 110K)

Because he's Cloud Fucking Strife dude
There's nothing to explain

None of those characters are fucking geno, you retard.

Erdrick is a retro rep.
>Ice Climbers were 16 when they got into Smash
>Game and Watch was 21
>ROB was 23
>Duck Hunt was 30
>Pac-Man was 34
>Simon, Ridley is 32
And Erdrick is 31, 33 if you count the first mention.
Kinda crazy how the characters in Smash are getting older and older, Daisy herself is 29, which makes her as retro as Duck Hunt and more retro than Ice Climbers, G&W and ROB.

Attached: m9pyt86pszn21.jpg (600x524, 71K)

Black Mage would be ok, but he's not as popular, and you'll get your fantasy, spellcasting jrpg character soon enough with the next fighter pack.

>letting retarded fans of a series dictate how you feel about the series itself
>being happy sakurai is still shitting on new kirby games because he likes to suck his own dick so much
cringe and ungoombapilled

Attached: 1548722938621.png (1036x1325, 45K)

im saying that geno would be a better retro mario rep than any of those mario characters, use the brain you have instead of relying on mine to explain

Based
In this kind of games the third party/movies dlc newcomers are always the ones who get more sales

smash went from "a celebration of nintendo" to "a celebration of gaming in general" the moment sonic and snake got in. there's no going back now.
the only people mad about third-party characters at this point are console-war shitposters and bootyblasted rosterfags who see relevant third-party characters as a threat to their irrelevant first-party literal whos.

Black Mage is mainly asked for because of "representation" and little else. Cloud got added because of genuine popularity.

So? That only proves it's a character that's iconically tied to FF.

Blame your autistic goomba friends. It's hard to not let a fandom influence how you feel about a series. Bandanafags were extremely fucking obnoxious and tried their damn hardest to piss off everyone. Piranha Plant being playable and Marx having a boss role is payback for your autism.

>No, no there wasn't
Yes, yes there was. NOA said they were surprised by the reaction to the character being an assist trophy.

Why do people like this boring as shit character to begin with?

No dumbass if she was lowest effort she'd be level 1 support spirit without a spot in the WoL.

>what's the difference between "generic fire emblem swordsman" and "generic golden sun swordsman" besides the logo next to their name?
All the other shit Golden Sun characters did in their games other than swinging a sword?

He doesn't even need to have a sword at all.

>NOA said they were surprised by the reaction to the character being an assist trophy.
They didn't make any announcement or said anything of that caliber you autistic delusional Isaacfag.

>also both Sakurai and Nomura argued that if they went with Nintendo essentials, they would all be literal who choices to pick from.
And that would be a good thing. Franchises like Earthbound and Fire Emblem reached the west because of their appearance in Smash Bros and likely would have gone unnoticed without it. I'd say adding Golden Sun characters and Starfy as playable in Smash would have benefitted those franchises, though seeing as they're dead now, it really doesn't matter.
I don't hate third party characters btw, they're welcome to stay, I would personally replace some FE characters to introduce characters from other IPs.

There is a difference between retro rep and old rep. And it think it has a lot to do with approach, Ice Climbers is kinda on the line, but G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt all play around with Retro more than say, Ridley or Daisy.
How much of a retro rep Erdrick is will define how much I will like him if he is in.
>Erdrick as Retro Rep (good)
Full on mute, dragon quest battle noises, lots of references to the NES in his movement, especially the 'idle walking' DQ characters do. Chibi. The level is sprite based.
>Erdrick as a generic rep (Bad)
Grunting, or rubiss forbid, voiced. Generic magic sounds. Moves and looks like any other FE or Link character. Taunts are all just him swinging his sword. The level is generic. Psych Up (Super Sayan) mechanics. Modern / DQ11 look.

>waaah i let other people decide how i feel about things
hard if you're not a spineless faggot who can't think for himself
and this false narrative that deefags were the instigators is horseshit. if anything, the "WAAAH HAT GOOBA" fags and falseflaggers were way more autistic. you so much as mention dee in a thread about most wanted for smash thread and fags like you start foaming at the mouth.

once again. cringe and ungoombapilled.

Attached: 21342424125123.png (630x347, 249K)

Black Mage is genuinely popular, if that had been the reveal instead of Cloud, people would've went just as nuts. It would've also given us a more unique character in-game than anime swordsman #15

You can play Metal Gear 1 through 3 and most Sonic Games on your Nintendo consoles. Whether some bad picks or not were made, its best if characters have an origin or a link with Nintendo, a third party born and raised on Nintendo will always be a better fit than fucking Master Chief.

>Stanley Bug Man
>Mario Rep

Suck my fucking cock goombafag
The hat goomba shit is retaliation for your autism. I'm glad Sakuai is keeping your shitty characters off the roster. Eat shit.

Nobody says "FE is underrepresented", people just tell you fags to fuck off because all your metrics of "overrepresentation" obviously don't mean shit because if they did Fire Emblem wouldn't have so many characters in the first place.

>Moving the goalposts

Number one reaction to Isaac being a trophy was fans being pissed about him being a fucking trophy again. Pretending it didn't happen doesn't make it so. Again, Nintendo was surprised by these reactions.

A few autistic neckbeards on the internet are nothing important. Nintendo doesn't give a shit about your "reaction" lol. They already have their money.

You’re literally more autistic for getting overly mad at Bandana Dee false flaggers so much so that you hate the whole series. Chill the fuck out.
t. Dark Matter & Adeleine supporter

Attached: 932612AD-507F-4D03-8DB7-38CE4C270814.png (512x512, 263K)

The only Kirby character I'd want is Marx and he got cucked to being a boss

>5 echoes for $10
What are you, fucking paradox?

>marxfags are legitimately cancerous
>said the hat goomba fag

Attached: 1540710191069.jpg (480x639, 114K)

>FUCK YOU! H-HAT GOOMBA IS AUTISTIC! FUCK YOU! F-FUCK YOU!
Hat Goomba fags. Every time.

Attached: 1543640799905.png (791x755, 178K)

Kirby, Zelda, and DK fans share the problem of wanting "anybody" instead of somebody people would be genuinely excited about, it's one of the dumbest parts of rosterfag season.

Yes, but I don't see what that has anything to do with this.

Attached: Pair-of-Docks.jpg (620x465, 39K)

itt: people still throwing around the 'hat goomba' label when that literally doesn't work anymore because of pirahna plant's inclusion

Attached: 1543653932473.png (1280x1523, 994K)

No, FE fans are mostly annoyed FE is badly represented. There's four nearly identical characters and they're what drive the rosterfags to hate Fire Emblem in general. Marth/Ike/Robin + someone like Lyn, Hector or Ephraim would make it more unique and more representative of the franchise as a whole.

>tfw were into 2019 and smashies and marxfags are still losing their shit over based Dee

Attached: DabanaDee.jpg (859x637, 43K)

who cares

I mean most DK fans were behind K. Rool. Now most of them just want Dixie and that's it.

any fans of a series want characters in smash that only fans of that respective series would want retard

you legitimately think EVERYBODY was excited for additions like Incineroar or Cloud? Any of the Fire Emblem characters?

>Again, Nintendo was surprised by these reactions.
Source?

>FE fans are mostly annoyed FE is badly represented

No shut the fuck up, Smashfags and mobile game secondaries are the ones upset that FE is "poorly represented". LYN HECTOR EPHRAIM ARE NOT IMPORTANT THEY ARE ALL SECONDARY LORDS.

Nobody genuinely wants fucking Dixie, I guarantee if you took a picture of Dixie and Lanky Kong to your local mall and asked randos to identify them you would get about the same rate of correct identification between the two. The only DK rep worth a damn that could be added now is Cranky.

I main all three Mii Fighters, help me
Mii Gunner is fun as hell

Attached: 1533683235307.jpg (640x633, 44K)

Because he'll be DLC to promote the N64 Classic Edition

No one wants Dixie besides retarded waifufags.

But I don't want just anybody, especially not generic playable enemy with spear

Attached: ado.png (129x124, 29K)

Which miis do you main? I mostly main Lip and Linebeck personally.

that's like saying Knuckles should be in over any Sonic characrer because PM

you probably complain when people judge all smash fans by meleefags and rosterfags.

As a waifufag I can corroborate this.

Retro reps are generally characters whose franchise had its hayday years ago moreso than purely age. Daisy has been many Mario games since her debut, Ice Climbers were just a thing on the NES.

I just made them look like the three stock Miis, but i'll probably change it up once I unlock more costumes for them.

You can want Dixie in without wanting to fuck a monkey

>Franchises like Earthbound and Fire Emblem reached the west because of their appearance in Smash Bros and likely would have gone unnoticed without it.
earthbound/mother would have gained popularity regardless because of emulation and the internet.
fire emblem still almost got cancelled from low sales after all the shilling in melee and brawl. awakening saved fire emblem, not smash.

>Sans
No. FRISK and Reimu are more likely.

Shantae wouldn't get in even if we had an entire fighter pass of indie reps

Ok think about this though, you see threads all the time about "Lucina +10" or "this is my wife Lucina" or "Fucking hell I got Chrom'd in my female playthrough"; or like with Robin and Corrin they're the stars of the most acclaimed games in the series. They're popular in their own series even outside of rosterfag season and even with people who aren't diehard fans.

Does anyone talk about Dixie the character? She's just a monkey you played as in some of the DK games. Sure they were amazingly successful games, but not because of Dixie. Everyone still remembers Diddy and DK, Dixie was even put on the backburner in 64 for "Tiny".

Um wha-
>I can corroborate this
This has to be a falseflag. There’s no way in hell.

> Earthbound/mother would have gained popularity regardless because of emulation and the internet.
What about Tomato Adventure? That's a great RPG that not many know about, barely anyone talks about it now.

Has anyone here ever took a step back and realized how fucking stupid they sound when they fight over whether gunger the kangaroo should get in over mega crunch and how much they want iky the dragonfags to get btfo

I'm just self aware is all. Trying to deny who you are is how you die n the TV dimension.

TBF, Isaac is more of a wizard than an actual swordsman.

t. monkey fucker

>Ok think about this though, you see threads all the time about "Lucina +10" or "this is my wife Lucina" or "Fucking hell I got Chrom'd in my female playthrough"; or like with Robin and Corrin they're the stars of the most acclaimed games in the series. They're popular in their own series even outside of rosterfag season and even with people who aren't diehard fans.

Shitposts on Yea Forums isn't a good way to measure popular characters. By this logic literally every anime girl ever is popular.

>Does anyone talk about Dixie the character? She's just a monkey you played as in some of the DK games. Sure they were amazingly successful games, but not because of Dixie

The same can be said for Awakening/Fates. Replace Chrom with any of the of the other FE protagonists and we'd have the same outcome, same with the others.

>If I belittle your point of view it is no longer valid
lolno

Number one results on google for "Isaac smash" are videos and articles about how people wanted him to be fucking playable and reactions to him not being playable

Yo, is this a Steve-fag trying to be stealthy? He's not getting in the game. Give up already.

it doesn't change the fact that metal gear and sonic aren't nintendo franchises. sonic was even made by a company that directly competed against nintendo.
i'd be all for adding master chief to smash - and doomguy and kratos too, while they're at it. a celebration of gaming history should represent xbox, pc and playstation too. of course, i'm not a console-war shitter or a seething rosterfag.

Who honestly gives a flying fuck about golden sun. It was one game on like the GBA. And because he was an assist you fucks became greedy.

Nobody cares about him and he will never be playable ever. Move on

These are just bullshit excuses they come up with to feel sorry for themselves despite getting the most generous treatment out of any video game franchise ever. If multiple weapons were used they would come up with some other bullshit to ask for more characters. If they actually cared about variety they would have voiced even a slight concern about 6/7 of their characters having the same down b, but they don't.

You can't honestly look at the rest of the roster, see that you have seven (7) characters and think "man WE are the ones that have it bad."

reality:
number one reaction to isaac being a trophy was apathy.
number two reaction was "who's isaac?"
number three reaction was a few spergs yelling "NOOOOOOOOO!!! FUCK YOU SAKURAI!!!" on their twitch streams.

It sold around as well as Uprising which got treated like it was the most iconic and best selling video game of all time.

I'm not a stevefag you dumbass, I'm just telling the truth. People who grew up with Rare games had characters they liked more than Dixie, like Banjo.

>earthbound/mother would have gained popularity regardless because of emulation and the internet
Earthbound would have faded into obscurity if it weren’t for the first SSB and relevancyfags would have been happy about it and called anyone who wanted Ness in Ultimate delusional.

Neither

Sakurai doesn't need to add jrpg characters from terrible nintendo only series anymore thanks to third party dlc selling more

tomato adventure never got released in the west and still hasn't been translated. earthbound did, which made it instantly accessible.

> Not even a fucking spirit

Attached: DuZ3KLJWoAAIaDe.jpg (1200x675, 57K)

Kinda hard, since Dixie was in more DKC games then fucking Donkey Kong.

Isaac. His odds are still awful, but there aren't rights issues and they have already shown they would be willing to go the extra mile for him (compare his assist between brawl and ultimate. No Isaac fag would have complained if it was just the brawl trophy but he has so much more now)
Meanwhile, Geno is owned by square and got a jpeg.

>70 characters in Smash
>play as a Mii instead

Attached: 1553018472964.jpg (326x272, 17K)

Not even a Genofag but him. At least Geno was acknowledged by Sakurai. Isaac is basically never ever.

Not really.
She only appeared in DKC2 and DKC3. And in 3 she wasn't even the character they used to advertise the game, that was kiddy.

Unfortunately probably neither will ever get in now that Pirahna Plant has opened the flood gates to generic enemies
>inb4 seething
I love PP, he was the one part of that Smash direct that I was excited about, I just think his inclusion might end up having a scorpions tail.

Admittedly, Fire Emblem is a different case, though what I was saying is that Smash made a perfect introduction to it (although not the main reason it was released in the west, advance wars success also played a part). Still, the inclusion of Fire Emblem characters in Smash made the franchise more known outside of Japan and made it easier for people to recognize it when it was on the shelves, the problem in the 00s was that they released a lot of games at the same time and perma-death made a lot of casuals stay away from it, the fact that the last two games before awakening were remakes and the last one wasn't released outside of Japan didn't help (though honestly, the waifus in Awakening probably saved the series more than casual mode).

Sakurai made Uprising, he didn't make Golden Sun

That's just how it is.

>At least Geno was acknowledged by Sakurai. Isaac is basically never ever.
You know Isaac is in the game though right?

Still more then DK

>Sakurai made Uprising
It’s weird because Uprising and Meteos are my favorite games on their systems, and Melee might be my favorite GameCube game, so I’m definitely not one of those people that considers him a hack but at this point Ihe would really love it if he stayed away from SSB forever and made other games. Imagine if the old Retro Studios team made the next SSB game.

She was in Tropical Freeze and the last two Donkey Kong Land games too

You're better off not replying to people using Incineroar images user

The only reason Isaac's assist came back was because of the ballot. Gray Fox is the only other assist to get cut and return in a later game.

Sakurai actually brought up wanting to add Geno in an interview. He has done no such thing for Isaac.

Imagine thinking that literal whos like Isaac and Geno should be in Smash when actualpopular characters like Ashley aren't in yet.

> b-but pedo!

Fuck off, Ashley is shilled a ton on marketing, she got the main cover of WarioWare Gold and has a ton of 3DS badges. Popular characters should have a bigger priority than obscure dead characters.

Attached: DpMX6HjU0AAm94r.png (1000x1080, 535K)

It's almost like Gray Fox was cut because of the character who he's associated with was cut
hmmmm
really joggins the noggin

Most DKfags wanted K. Rool / Dixie
Most Kirbyfags wanted Bandana Waddle
It ain't exactly rocket science, just because there's a few outliers doesn't mean that there wasn't a general character(s) that was leaps and bounds above the rest
The only one that's all over the place is Zelda. Skull Kid is probably the leading guy, but there's also Midna / Ganon / Tingle / Masked Link / Ghirahim / Impa / whatever

come on, say what you want about geno and waluigi, but they're actual video game characters and aren't on the scale of memeshit like that. if you want a real 'meme pick', look at fucking shrek or goku.

Why are you falseflagging as an ashleyfag
Why are you talking shit about other people's wants and hopes
There's apparently 15 slots that haven't been filled determined in the data files. Smash 4 had something similar discovered and all those slots got filled. So if they're doing three fighter passes it's possible there's a chance for all the characters people are requesting.
And isaac and geno are still plenty popular. You dumb fucks want to know a secret? Even if people haven't played the games these characters are from, they're aware that they exist. In this day and age when people and kids spend more time watching streamers then they do television or even playing games, and you dumb motherfuckers keep arguing about relevancy or whether or not people remember or recognize these fucking characters. They fucking do. Shut the fuck up. K. Rool and Simon are fucking proof enough on top of all of this.

Goku will be put in before any of those characters

SEETHING

>Quality characters vs literal shills
Gee, I wonder which I'd want for Smash Ultimate..

I face the same predicament, friend

this. i'm a genofan and isaac would easily make it in first if and only if gs gets another game. geno would only make it if he was re-implemented into the mario series somehow, and he has a snowball's chance in hell of that. why would nintendo go for a third party character that's irrelevant and old for fan demand? he's not marketable enough outside of a niche. square wouldn't give a shit either.

as for the mii costume, i loved that thing, but square is stingy as fuck. i know all of the 3rd party costumes are gone and are likely coming back as dlc, but i'd be willing to wager geno's and chocobo's won't because square can't pull the poles out of their asses. i'd be satisfied if it came back, though. that with the spirit was what i was hoping for in the end.

kirby fans just want one more character (usually bandana dee, marx, magolor, or adeleine) and better representation of the games sakurai didn't make in terms of music/stages.
as for zelda, you could pick a random character out of a hat and end up with a more interesting choice than the current status quo of three links, two zeldas and a captain falcon clone.

Isabelle is a good pick stupid

>Gooey Beat out Diddy and Meta Knight
>Only ranking Zelda character to make it into Melee was Darunia
>Mr. Saturn was the HIghest ranking Mother character
>OGMA BEING MORE POPULAR THAN EVERY JUDGRAL LORD

This list is a ride from start to finish

Attached: Waddle Nani.png (417x427, 229K)

If you see the phrase “jump the shark” used in regard to SSB than you are talking to the same autist. Many people have tried getting through to him over the last year or so, none have prevailed, don’t waste your time.

Why couldn't Sakurai bring back all the Brawl AT's?

Attached: 1552761344009.png (414x641, 170K)

Isaac is already in

never forget the pain bros.
The days we were dreaming together, genobros banjobros, everybody.

Those days are now part of us, it may have looked unfair but this how it is.
There is more to life than a shit game, like being part of something, which we were.

Never forget the pain.
We are already brothers.

Attached: isaac.jpg (200x200, 14K)

>falseflagging this fucking hard
I don’t want Ashley in either but what you’re doing is embarrassing.

No

*blocks your path*

Attached: Super_Smash_Bros._Ultimate_-_Character_Art_-_Shulk.png (1068x1199, 890K)

If another person gets the lead Isaac wouldn't even be an AT anymore.

why did you out yourself as a retard, son.

cringe.

No she isn’t you stupid faggot.

Possibly, but my ultimate never ever might.

geno is really overrated for being a 'badass' because he's cute! CUTE!

Attached: t_kobs-tw.jpg (1182x1200, 95K)

Dream Land 3 was the newest Kirby game at the time of the poll and Meta Knight wasn't established as a mainstay until the anime/Nightmare in Dream Land.

Attached: 1525445395170.jpg (750x273, 40K)

>xeno "0.7m sales" blade
>not irrelevant

Attached: 249.jpg (250x250, 8K)

k. rool and simon are completely different

neither of them are exactly 100% 'irrelevent' (castlevania does have a sucessful tv show right now though) but they just have a far greater legacy than characters like geno.

k. rool was the main anatagonist and final boss of several mainline donkey kong games throughout the 90s. dk is one of nintendo's biggest series and k. rool is its most noteworthy anatagonist, despite not appearing a long while. simon is the poster boy for a legendary and influential series with dozens upon dozens of game releases, dating all the way back to the nes era.

geno on the other hand is just a supporting character from one mario rpg spinoff from years ago and that was it. golden sun just had two games that were moderately popular during the early 2000s, a third game no one liked and that was it, it left no impact or mark on nintendo or the gaming landscape.

>'irrelevent'

meant 'relevent'

>japan literally wanted koopa troopa and goomba more than geno
kek, so much for that lie from genofags.

Still really damn egregious when the most recent Kirby game to get a remix came out in 2006.

Attached: 1450045798682.gif (500x394, 432K)

Who else /gotwhotheywantedandjustheretowatcheveryoneelselosetheirfuckingmindsoverthecourseofthedlcseason/ here?

Attached: 1540410994601.png (1360x799, 1.15M)

I unironically think Geno. Just look at this JP poll
gamerch.com/smashbros/entry/56289
>Banjo
>Geno
>Viewtful Joe
>Bandana Dee
>Roto
Japs are much more aware of Geno than they are of Isaac, which has always been more popular in the west than in Japan, but even then, the last golden sun got beaten even by DQ, and we all know DQ sell peanuts in the west.

Chocobo would've been a better pick than anime swordsman #10.

Attached: 21416101920.png (403x281, 154K)

>When actual popular characters like Ashley aren't in yet

Bitch, your character is only wanted for her cunny most of the time. And you don't even know half the story yet.

Attached: Supa fly.jpg (454x486, 35K)

>k. rool was the main anatagonist and final boss of several mainline donkey kong games throughout the 90s. dk is one of nintendo's biggest series and k. rool is its most noteworthy anatagonist, despite not appearing a long while. simon is the poster boy for a legendary and influential series with dozens upon dozens of game releases, dating all the way back to the nes era.
You’re only saying this because they’re already in. Before he got in, all you people had to say about K. Rool was that he was irrelevant and that his last appearance was in a baseball game. If Geno ever does get in(I’m 100% sure that he won’t) all of the people who were previously saying he was a never ever are going to start saying he was always guaranteed a spot and that he was the fan favorite of Mario’s first RPG and shit like that and that move on to some other character to shit post about
>supporting character
Well, at least you didn’t say side character. I would still consider him part of the main cast of characters though, like Goombario or Vivian.

> Viewtiful Joe
People still care about him?

> Crash beat Sonic and Mega Man
Based Nips

Same, although I am a bit interested to see who else gets in.

Attached: Judgment_Guide_Simon.jpg (600x800, 116K)

Like 90% of the roster were literally whos before they debuted in smash. That's how they lost their literally whodom.

Neither because both of them are garbage characters and it's amazing that people pretend that they should be in the game.

8/8 will live on forever.

Attached: 1536724959131.gif (512x387, 1.8M)

Reminder to all Isaacniggers that the Nintendogs are more deserving than your anime literal who

What are Japan's reactions to Erdrick?

>Why do people like this boring as shit character to begin with?

Cloud is still popular because he's a subversion of the stereotypical JRPG hero. You know how in JRPGs the hero is someone accomplished? Cloud is a LOSER. Since most gamers are losers, they identify with Cloud even if it's bullshit that Cloud is a loser (he's not ugly and has a woman who is very attractive babysitting him for life but boo hoo he couldn't be an actual member of a military organization) especially since he still defeated the main villain of the game. Anyway the pretense that Cloud is a failure at life is why people still worship the character.

based

That direct was fucking perfect except for Chrom. It's a shame that the next one made everyones hype go to a screeching hault.

>Viewtiful Joe
Hell yeah

I guess he is kinda like Ridley/K Rool but a bit more relevant, some people are excited, some people are saying an equivalent of "get out of here with the boomer characters"
The difference is that Luminary has been mentioned since DQ11 release, so there is some clashing with that (which is why there is people going "boo Roto middle age pick, give me a new character!", and people who want Slime.

Wtf? How niche is this website. I mean, I’d fucking love Viewtiful Joe maybe more than any other character, but how does he top a poll these days?

If DKfags had this mentality they wouldn't have gone for the dead, buried character.

Isaac has the better chance, he's not owned by Square and he can still potentially appear in another sequel in the future.

As for Geno
> Never the guy
> Never drew a dime
> Never had a good game before 2004 and even then was overshadowed by vastly superior cameos like the Koopalings
> Never cut a memorable promo
> Never put anyone over
> Never had the popularity to appear in other games despite Nintendo making millions a year
> Main evented the lowest drawing Super Mario game of the 90s
> Tanked the buyrate of Super Mario RPG in 1996 so hard Squaresoft and Nintendo divorced and didnt talk to each other for 10 years
> Was barely ever in the Smash Bros picture because he was never a big enough deal
> Only the 5th best member of the SMRPG party
> Only the 14th best partner in the Mario RPGs history
> His role was utterly BTFO by Rosalina and achieved nothing notable except inflicting Rosterfags on us
> His puppet design was cringeworthy
> His characterization was cringeworthy
> Unironically calls himself """"""""!?""""""""
> Shit hat
> Failed at his first game so badly that he was reduced to a menu in Superstar Saga
> Only significant achievement was accidently being a long running meme character suggestion for Smash
> Is the video game equivalent of that one insufferably mediocre middle manager whose sole professional """""""achievement"""""" is staying in the same shitty job for 25 years
> Drew so poorly in his 1996 debut that Dixie Kong of all people had to take the spotlight on the SNES
>Spent the latter part of his existence buried by superior character choices
> The biggest impact he had on the business was sitting around in the trademarks folder at Square-Enix and rallying with all of his no-draw buddies for the Smash Ballot just to be BTFO by a fucking plant.

Attached: 1540477017764.png (329x349, 75K)

>Donkey Kong Country 3 DIXIE KONG'S Double Trouble
I'm a Crankyfag personally but you're just a regular fag

Attached: 1552189374197.png (201x208, 96K)

Its kinda hilarious there is a zoomer / boomer rift between Erdrick and Luminary believers in Japan.

he's fucking in

Attached: Geno render.png (894x894, 676K)

Feels comfy. I hope everyone else gets to experience what I did on August 8th, if not in the DLC then in the next smash.

Attached: kroolkool.png (1905x1481, 3.31M)

Except K. Rool isn't only popular with DK diehard fans, people have been asking where he is for years.

Even then, they didn't want "anybody" as you claim. Almost all of them rallied around K. Rool.

>Spirits
>Making it into Smash

>People questioning character popularity shit when I just heard about a fucking event on Tokyo this weekend

>IN JAPAN OF LITERALLY ALL FUCKING PLACES

I really don't know, OP.

Attached: What the fuck man.png (347x300, 38K)

I’d prefer Slime desu. Even my wife recognizes Slime, and she only knows Nintendo when it comes to games

ぐびぐび FUWAH! Now dorakue suri, that was the game! Pure tamashi.

Attached: boomersu.jpg (619x573, 48K)

I don't know why people say recency isn't taken into account when fucking sakurai himself said it does

Attached: 420.jpg (995x933, 87K)

Absolutely seething!

kek

>he doesn't know

youtube.com/watch?v=BcWjw0r7e20

Attached: Donkey-Kong-Country-3-1.jpg (1294x794, 397K)

>he doesn't know
it's the title of the fucking game

Attached: okretard.png (1294x796, 2.44M)

point is they emphasised kiddy over dixie in the adverts

G&W is an S+ tier inclusion. The G&W series played a critical role in the company's history.

i hope so, too, k. roolnon. i've been wanting geno in for years, but he realistically has no chance in happening. unlike most of geno's fans, i actually realize that he's irrelevant and from one game 20 years ago. yeah, yeah, fan demand, sakurai calling him a retro rep and acknowledging him, etc., but that shit isn't enough.

my only remaining hope for smash is the mii costume. outside of smash, i hope he makes a return elsewhere. i just want him back, smash or not. he has so much potential that was never used (unlike mallow, who got a whole arc and his fullest potential realized).

yeah, and they emphasized Dixie someplace where it mattered a whole lot more
you know
the title

I'm honestly a little shocked that you're even pretending to argue that Dixie Kong was less important to Dixie Kong's Double Trouble and DKC as a whole than Kiddy Kong, this place gets more contrarian by the day

Attached: Dpk4LpJXcAESgl2.jpg (257x223, 18K)

It really is. I would like to see one more really exciting surprise character reveal that everyone can get excited about, but we're honestly running low.

Yeah and NOW people are rallying around "anybody" with the Dixie bullshit.

Super Mario RPG is my favorite game of all time and just seeing it represented in some substantial way would make me very happy.

This render is so much better than all the old ones.

god, same. it's such a charming game. sure, the later mario rpgs are better, but smrpg was great for its time and is still fun to play today. its characters are so charming, too, not just geno. mallow is adorable, yaridovich was cool, jonathan jones is awesome, croco is a hoot, frogfucius is based, etc. such a shame that a cast like that ends up getting the shaft, and that'd honestly apply whether they belonged to square or not, given nintendo's track record.

I’d just like Geno to come back, I don’t care if it’s in Smash or not even that fucking rabbids xcom game would be perfect for him.

Geno would be the perfect Amiibo. He's a doll that comes to life!
He's literally the same type of being as all the characters in Smash so it'd make for some excellent lore.

The hell? I'm a Fire Emblem fan and even I think we're already covered with just Marth, Robin/Lucina (don't care who, either or), and Ike.

A character from the first game. (Fire Emblem 1/Shadow Dragon)
A character from a game that saved the franchise from being offed entirely (Awakening)
And a fan favorite character from the franchise (Path of Radiance)

Fire Emblem is more than represented already.

This.

Golden Sun was an outsourced knock-off.
Camelot is a random third party that has no relevance or impact on the industry.

Besides business reasons (Nintendo owning the IP on paper), name one good reason GS deserves to be represented among Mario, Sonic, Cloud, etc?

Agreed 100%. It's really frustrating to me that there are all these unique and elaborate takes on the Mario world that all get discarded for another one, never to be depicted again. Jonathan Jones is my dream SMRPG rep pick, but I know he'd never be the one and I like Geno just fine.

Because is about celebrating VIDEO GAMES

People like you make me so fucking mad

>Durr they already is in the game as Assist Trophy and Spirit

Fuck off, you know damn well we're talking about actual Fighters.

>Viewtiful Joe
wtf based Japs

>falseflagging this hard

rational geno fans exist, believe it or not. we're out there, drowned out by the loud, gaping cunts.

>Game&Watch
>Wii Fit Trainer
>Shulk
>Corrin (When he came out as Smash4 DLC)

And heres some fighters nobody would ever request if they didnt make an appearance in Smash before:
>The list above
>Jigglypuff
>Pichu
>Dr.Mario
>Duck Hunt
>Ice Climbers
>Mii
>Villager (and therefore Isabelle too)
>Little Mac
>Most echo fighters
Just to name a few

The Geno fans on Smashboards have deluded themselves into attaining a zen state. I'm honestly impressed. They don't even see a Dragon Quest character as an obstacle for Geno getting in anymore. They legitimately believe they're going to get what they want.

fuck off ashleyfag
be a captain syrupbro you disgusting individual

seething ashleynigger

rembrace the kroc, sperg

Wii Fit is one of the best selling games of all time retard

People wanted Shulk, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt.

Huh, I decided to check NND to see what was the overall feeling and it was all
>Well, its not popular overseas, so it won't be in Smash.
and
>It will only please the middle-aged / uncles
So much for Japan's pick. Guess this basically kills the Erdrick.

> What is Operation Rainfall
Xenoblade 1 sold more in the West than it did elsewhere despite only being released at limited places.

Yep, I'm thinking this is the ideal roster

Attached: 57 characters 13 semiclones 5 echoes ideal roster ver 1.png (720x550, 570K)

I don’t think Geno has any chance either, but you’re no less obvious than this guy

I'd be down for cheif and doomguy, but Kratos is kind of meh. If that genre is going to be repped again, it should be dante

Yes, to middle aged people and the elderly. No one who plays smash plays wii fit

no, tom nook is better

To be fair, he was a literal who and almost nobody played his game

>G&W
significant nintendo historical figure
>Wii Fit Trainer
sold tens of millions of copies
>Shulk
highest rated jRPG of last gen
>Corrin
blatant shilling, however relevant unlike isaac and geno

>Jigglypuff
was relevant when added
>Pichu
>Dr.Mario
clones
>Duck Hunt
>little mac
significant nintendo historical figure
>villager/isabelle
the average AC game sells 10 million copies
>echoes
easy to make, based off other characters
>Mii
how are these literally whos when they're they've been the fucking avatars since the wii

so you got ice climbers, an exception to a rule

>proto man
>banjo
based

It's been a long time coming my brother.

Attached: Rayman3.png (4906x1000, 3.37M)

I'm against rayman solely because I think he has one of the most disgusting designs I've ever seen. What is he? Why doesn't he have limbs? Why does he have a huge bulbous nose? Why does his hair look like dog ears? If you're gonna make him not resemble a human at all, why give it human clothes?

Looking forward to seeing the reactions to his inevitable reveal.

>w-well those literally who’s dont count because I say so!
You would not be making these excuses for them if they weren’t already in the game.

Add back Jiggs, Doc and Piranha Plant and I'd be okay with this, also Incineroar has a fun moveset but like Corrin he's got no legacy

Attached: you.jpg (1152x864, 135K)

Most of these are still relevant today you know

the biggest literally who on that aside from ice climbers is shulk, who was and still is magnitudes more known than geno and isaac