Looking back at it, was there too much fanservice?

Looking back at it, was there too much fanservice?

Attached: DS3.jpg (1300x649, 118K)

>gwynevere not there
>no amazing chest ahead
sounds like it didn't have enough fanservice to me

A little bit. It just didn't have as much Souls as the first two games. It felt very safe. I didn't hate anything but nothing blew me away. Certainly never felt strongly compelled to progress because I couldn't wait to see what was in store for me.

Not if it was your first souls game :^)

honestly if it was your first souls game i bet it would still be pretty fucking kino

No, they needed someone to dress more lewd. Lots of feet though

lore brainlet
Gwynevere is in the game, she is rosaria

gynevere got mad uggos then

I didn't mind the fan service, in fact seeing anal rodeo again was a pretty kino vidya moment for me. Its just that the mechanics were bad and the rolling iframes trivializes the game

Played Bloodborne first and then DS3 and yeah I thought it was pretty kino, though I can see how it could be underwhelming if you DS1 and 2 first

Yes. Just about everything in DS3 was a direct reference to DS1. One of the only things DS2 did right was just make up a bunch of new shit and say, "There have been lots of kingdoms here over time, fuck it" whereas 3 feels like it's trying really hard to establish connections

And there's too many swamps

Attached: 1552880498360.jpg (640x631, 25K)

Nah, it felt like a genuine sequel to souls rather than an alternate story like DaS II.
I think the main reason people hate it is because everything bad that happened in DaS became canon.
>Pale lady never got better and died, Qualana died next to her likely out of despair.
>The player never killed Gwyndolin, Gwyndolin endured as a hidden ruler before Sully sent Aldrich to rape him
>Giant Blacksmith who did nothing wrong simply died for unknown reasons
>Solaire likely wasn't saved from his fate and became the Carthas Sandworm.
>Priscilla was likely eaten by Aldrich.
>Despite Kaathe's efforts, Dark Lord ending is 100% non-canon.

>Too many swamps.
Actually there is one swamp, one shallow lake, one creek, a flooded ground floor and some toxic mist.

No, because 3 is a direct sequel to 1.

That's like saying Silent Hill 3 has too much fanservice just because 2 did its own thing.

Agree!

- Fire Keeper
- Rosaria
- Friede
- Yorshka
- and every statue of Gwynevere got better feet

i'd fuck friede and yuria tbqhfam

They completely butchered the lore to hamfist more DS1 characters so yeah

>Solaire likely wasn't saved from his fate and became the Carthas Sandworm
what, there's no way that's canon. Just because it drops a lightning spell doesn't mean its fucking solaire

Attached: 1412349004570.jpg (218x231, 8K)

>No way that's canon
A giant worm with lightning powers that used to fuck with a region that was above lost Izalith, that posses lightning powers and knowledge of a lightning miracle.
If it isn't Solaire, then it's definitely the sunlight maggot after eating him, there is no other reason for such a bizarre enemy to exist.

Rosaria is someone else, Gwynevere is the Queen of Lothric. Compare the Divine Blessing descriptions for DS1 and 3

How was it butchered?

This. For some reason people are expecting Dark Souls to be Final Fantasy where every game is an entirely separate universe or something. It's not. It's a sequel, one that ties in closer to 1 than 2 did. There's literally nothing wrong with that.

So that means she fucked Ocerios, is the mother of the princes and possibly the Dancer?

don't forget Gertrude

The "time is distorted" is a bullshit excuse to have returning characters that made the dark souls lore even more nonsensical than it already was

>kino

>The "time is distorted" is a bullshit excuse
It's been a thing since Demon's Souls mainly to describe the summoning system.
It's also important to note that the Souls universe operates on it's own logic and reasoning unlike real life.
It seems the problem is you're too small brained to accept anything that's too surreal or fantastical and you get angry about that and call it the game's fault.

Time distortion is less of a factor in III since the Bell of Awakening is used to explain how characters like Andre are there. Even Untended Graves has some weird implications with the Corvian's over your grave.

That's a lot of mouths to feed.

Rosaria can be the Queen though. What contradicts it? If anything then it makes it more likely because there was something about her womb being cursed because all her kids were retards, just look at all the failed rebriths in her room

Hey bros I just finished my run on DS1 and I'm playing DS3 next! What build should I use?

Attached: 46646464.gif (448x252, 354K)

Aldrich was so shit, such a waste of a potentially good character/boss. And him killing off Gwyndolin was an extra fuck you

What about DS2?

I'm playing through that with friends right now.

Only just started 3 and it's too big. I have no idea where I'm headed. I feel like I've been in almost every room and corridor before too. I genuinely wish it was more linear.

You just made me sad

>Was shit
Aldrich was fine, it's just that the cinematic and dialog made you expect the boss to be some big sludge blob. It made you hyped for something and you ended up getting something unexpected, especially since they describe him as "Eating" Gwyndolin rather than using his corpse as a puppet.

Quality, first going str and then dex. Use a greatsword or curved greatsword, fun as fuck. That said, some of the DLC saucery and arson looks pretty good.

3 is by far the most linear game, wtf? Even Miyazaki regretted how linear the game turned out to be. I got confused about where to go after beating the deacons but that was not the game offering more paths, that was just me being dumb

Really? I've started going down 5 or 6 routes that have annoyingly been dead ends and another 2 that have been leading nowhere and no one seems the "correct" way to go over the other.

Of course.

I felt like I was watching the Bottle Episode of a sitcom, but it was just the third episode.
Made zero sense.

Attached: _.webm (640x800, 1.42M)

Is that supposed to be hot? Anyone who still makes that face has to be shot

Just saying, it seems like a thing. Carthas was built over Izailith. Obviously the world is getting fucked up because "Space is Convoluted" now that the first flame is burning reality or some shit. However, we know that even though Farron was pushed over Carthas, that Carthas was still basically on top of Izalith because Carthas was known for its pyromancies and had buried their dead in proximity to Izalith.

So a big fucking Sandworm starts attacking them. Where did it come from? Why was it in the desert? Well deep under ground the last vestiges of the chaos flame burned and we know of small maggots born of it. The Sunlight Maggot probably absorbed Solaire and obtained the ability to use lightning miracles and went on a rampage until it was chased down into the smoldering lake.
Then the world got fucked, Farron moved on top of Carthas and the Acoloytes of the Abyss Watches moved down into the catacombs and encountered entrouching chaos flame and were mutated into Ghrus.

Stop posting this dogshit, only genuine autists find this attractive.

We're talking about Dark Souls.
Stop trying to change the subject and make yourself feel less fucked up for whatever you whack it to by putting others down. Probably into feet or some shit.

Attached: 51313066_1091392817711396_1185051455856498873_n.webm (640x640, 535K)

Most things in ds make sense actually, it's only when you bring in the awful, awful ds3 "lore" that it gets nonsensical.

>DaS III "lore"
Nothing about DaS III lore fucks over DaS.

you are reeeeeeeeeeally overthinking this, user. I like where you're going with it, but there is no way miyazaki thought that through.

user likes when girls make a strange face. i don't get it, but what exactly is autistic about that? there are people that like banging balloons and stripping in public and jerking off to sonic the hedgehog and weirdo japanese cartoon hentai shit, and for some reason you're so high and mighty that an odd expression on a girls face is unfathomably autistic to you?

>No way Miyazaki thought that through
If he just wanted a sand worm it could have easily breathed fire and given a pyromancey as a generic demon would.

>lore brainlet
The lore is stupid and the people who care about it are even stupider.

It's just a complete rehash that brought nothing of worth. Also, the game is really linear compared to the other games. The only reedeming aspect is that some of the bosses are pretty good.

>complete rehash that brought nothing of worth
>le rehash
What did you faggots want? I get it, Memehacki thought DaS II was shit just like you faggots screamed about so he didn't implement anything good it brought (Twin weapons instead of Power Stancing, split damage back to being shit) and the level design was made linear rather than multi-pathed like the first one but holy fuck you retards really reach by saying the game has "nothing of value" or was a "rehash".

What did you fags want, an age of dark sequel? Is that what you're bitter about? That the first kept going? You mean right after you admitted that the abyss ending was a bad ending and the world will in fact die in an age of dark?

Yes. Sekiro does fan service better. There's a lot of references to soulsborne in Sekiro but they are subtle and require thinking

No, your stupid

There is nothing wrong with DaS III lore, if you're mad about the "value" of DaS's ending being ruined blamed II for starting the "Cycles" bullshit that even III sort of ignores anyway.

Saving the best for last, I see.

Isn't the "canon ending" for Solaire that he linked the fire though? That's what happens if you chose to not to do it on the first game, acoording to Miyazaki.

>II for starting the "Cycles" bullshit that even III sort of ignores anyway.
?? except it doesn't ignore it. there are literally 5 previous lords of cinder that you need to rally back together to progress
cope fucking harder

I love being fucked in tje mouth like a whore and I'm a pedophile who molests little girls!!!!!!

Attached: images (90).jpg (487x629, 53K)

There wasn't enough.

Dark Souls 3 has good boss fights.
The story/lore was disappointing and uninteresting.

Why are you so butthurt? How is the game not the literal definition of a rehash?
>What did you faggots want?
I'd rather From spend their doing original games, because they obviously suck at doing sequels. Thankfully Sekiro came out, and it's great.

>Sekiro came out, and it's great.

Attached: ghostbust.212h.gif (852x383, 155K)

Sorry that you got pleb filtered

There was so much fanservice that the only part of it that offered anything original were the DLCs.