Has Yea Forums played mercenaries on a ps2 emulator? How was it?

Has Yea Forums played mercenaries on a ps2 emulator? How was it?
Has Yea Forums played mercenaries 2 on pc at all? How is it compared to 1? Worth playing?

Bonus points for mercenaries thread where you all post stories about it. Ps, are there any games similar to mercs at all?

Attached: Mercenaries_-_Playground_of_Destruction_Coverart.png (220x312, 163K)

Xbro here, I actually just finished this a while back when they added it to OG BC
This shit was brilliant, had some of the best voice acting since Spider-Man PS1

Still have it for original ps2. Only game I can really think of that is similar would be MGS5. Haven't played Mercs2 but 1 was great. Thoroughly enjoyable.

legitamately one of my top 5 games. The deck of 52 system and overworld ai battles were amazing

Its backwards compatible and on the Xbone. Damn good game played the shit out of it back in the day.

It's tempting to buy an xbone just for this

Never played 2 but I loved the hell out of the original back when I had an XBox in middle School. Thinking back, it was kind of similar to GTA but I never got into the series. Much preferred the military warzone at the corners of civilization feeling they made.

R.i.p.

Attached: F.jpg (480x360, 26K)

Mercs 1 is pure kino
Worth every penny

F

Attached: image.jpg (480x263, 42K)

Wait until
>Strangers Wrath
>Gauntlet DL
>Metal Arms GiTS
>MechAssault 2
Also, consider getting the Duke for full OGBox feels

2 was great. It's like Just Cause but less repetitive and gimmicky with more depth to the gameplay

Yeah Xplay said 'of all the GTA clones, Mercs does it best'

i did, 1 of my favorite games, i remember i rushed it to get the KA-50 from the mafia and use it to rain hell on everything until the end of the game, legit the most fun chopper in the game, and you can only get 1

Microsoft basically owns the scraps of Pandemic now right? They got the rights to Battlefront 1/2 and Mercs for BC

So it runs ok etc?

its FAST, also it has the cannon with explosive rounds and anti tank missiles, its a killing machine, and it looks cool as hell

Attached: maxresdefault (3).jpg (1280x720, 120K)

Fuck mate they really did a number with mercs and battlefront.

Attached: 1478055987463.jpg (676x412, 35K)

Is Mercenaries emulate-able yet? I havent tried since like 2013

Still don't understand how they got shutdown by EA yet Bioware is still up and running

This game fucking sucked honestly.

2 didn't have the same spirit, not worth playing. I'd love a remaster of 1 or just an updated version of it that they call 3.

It would also be cool to see mercenaries in a more urban setting and the game is much more stealth based as opposed to the Just Cause knock off that was 2.

How'd you like a Tomahawk missile up your ass?

Same here, when Mercs 1 got announced as Xbone enhanced I was so close to buying it for that. Some of the other games and Star Wars games I want too. But fuck, a brand new console just to emulate is a bit much. I'd need a large selection to be worth it. I am almost convinced to buy one just for OG Xbox games.

When the fuck is Phil announcing more OG Xbox Enhancements?

what is wrong with 2?

In hindsight, it was for the best, Pandemic got to retain their reputation and legacy, while Bioware now is a shadow of it's former self.

Still, I was fucking livid back when they got shut down in 2009.

Not him but it just didn't have the polish of a 360/PS3 game, hence why it also released on PS2

If they did 3 they should do it MGSV/Hulk UD style, multiple maps accessible from a hub (maybe Fiona bought a boat or something), I'd specifically love a snowy mountains region

Wasn't the PS2 port of Mercs 2 extremely gimped?

Also tons of games got cross gen ports back then, for like 3 years every game was released on PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox, Xbox 360, GC, Wii, GBA and NDS. I remember seeing print magazine adds for a few games and just keking at how many different versions there were. Often times the 6th gen and 7th gen versions would be completely different games from different studio's too.

>all those shooter downgrades on Wii

Attached: Brunch.png (462x389, 219K)

>mfw realizing some of the good games I loved from that era that never got sequels, have alternate versions on handheld/Nincel consoles, so now I am downloading ISO's and emulating to pretend I got a sequel/remake.