Is it still top of the line for gaming, even today?

Attached: Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-Featured-Custom-3[1].jpg (1273x661, 116K)

2080ti

Yes, RTX is a meme

yes

>mfw I've wanted to upgrade my rig for over a year but can't justify the shit price/performance ratio of new cards
is this just the new normal?

rtx 2070 is better and cheaper

Not really, but paying for the RTX tax is a retarded move so you can either be the best retard on the planet or have a 1080ti

Not even close, an OC 2080ti is easily 30% faster.

explain
>inb4 muh failure rates

>better
like how?

It's 990 more GPU

and?

Not him buts its pretty obvious. Most games won't have an rtx feature since only pc players will have it and a small percentage at that so any console port or multiplat game is out of the question. On top of that rtx hit your performance HARD and since its just for reflections its something you won't really notice or give much of a shit about.

And it will probably die with those cards, same as every other nvidia "technology"

Is better

Nice argument. It has lower performance and lower amount of memory.

t Huang

2080ti. And interestingly, in spite of what studies saw, I use a titan V on a different computer ad in general terms it puts the fucking 2080ti to shame.

I have a 1060 and a 1440p/144fps monitor. Should I get a 2070?

Just like your brain. Only dipshits buy RTX.

It must be your brain because you answering the wrong person.

my 1080 runs games like shit

what's your cpu?

7600k @ 4.5ghz

What games does it run like shit? I have a 1070 and an i7700k and never have issues. Only 16 gb of ram too

Do you play in 1440p or 1080p?

>not wanting to play RTX quake
why even live

You should get enough performance for every game in 1080, and some of them with 1440p. Probably some soft problems and viruses.

2060 is still best for your dollar on nvidia cards right now

>barely any difference
>-50% framerate

GPU's have not progressed much in last 5 years.

no, my rtx 2080 runs games better in most cases. Marginally better, but better nonetheless.

Not a bad choice but 8gb of memory can become a problem in a year or two. And for now it's not that hard to find used 1080 ti cheap and with warranty.

I have a non-ti 1080, 8gbs of ram and a 4670k at 4.0ghz and I still haven't played anything I couldn't manage 60fps at 1440p and max or near max settings

PC hardware has been a shitshow for the last 3 to 4 years

I have 1080 ti with 4670k at 4.2ghz. Mostly same results but it will probably be hard to go much higher then 60fps with this cpu.

>enough
if you can settle for 60 yeah

it cant handle most newer games at consistent 120+ fps at 1080p