Why are there so many people shitting on it even though they haven't played it?

Why are there so many people shitting on it even though they haven't played it?
Almost all of the criticism this game is getting on here is either false information or shoddy comparisons to the Soulsborne games.
Sure, it has some janky climbing and movement sometimes, but the gameplay feels really tight. After Ashina Castle, the environments get really varied, and the game as a whole just feels really fresh when compared to FROM's previous titles.
Is there a Discord server coordinating attacks or something? It just seems really weird how so many threads are getting shat up by people who haven't even touched the game.

Also, you guys can see this as a legitimate criticism general if you want to.

Attached: 3421242-sekiro-shadows-die-twice_10.jpg (1200x675, 379K)

>Hold L1 for a minute
>Spam R1

Okay.

G I T G U D

Attached: 1553420595283.jpg (720x720, 24K)

My only criticisms so far as the frequency of pop-up windows and the enemy variety might be a little low. So far this is the most enjoyable single player game I've played in over a year though. I'm happy with it.

Popular game bad

they're either people who haven't played it and are salty that miyazaki is done with dark souls, or people who are playing and suck massive ass, since it's the least exploitable game they've ever made.

HOL UP

Attached: 20190302171953_1.jpg (460x215, 47K)

How far are you into the game?
The messages basically stop appearing after Ashina Castle.
I agree with you on enemy variety, but I don't think it detracts from the overall experience.

>you're not allowed to use the tools given to you!
The game sucks if you can trivialize everything thrown at you.

How good is Nioh on its own?
I'm mildly interested

GIT

Attached: 1256136513.jpg (1200x794, 100K)

What are you implying here
You can't hold L1 and expect to win.

>mountains
>cliffs
>temples on cliffs/mountains
>caves carved in mountains
Sure is variance here.

Because if a game isn’t absolutely amazing, shitposters will chimp out over retarded shit like no online or no cosmetics.

You're omitting things. Also, that's what feudal Japan looked like.
Where are you in the game?

Just got the mortal blade. Still getting pop-ups for items I've already picked up before. And the enemy variety hasn't left a negative impact yet, but I'm just concerned as to whether it'll become an issue nearer the end of the game or in subsequent playthroughs.

Play the game. Timed deflects are good but absolutely mot required. Holding L1 os perfectly viable.

you can't though, L1 doesn't always work
it's more realistic to argue that the game is a rock-paper-scissors game instead of a timing game that the previous soulsborne games are

you can literally say this about any game

Finished it once, just started NG+. Even if that's what feudal Japan looked like, it doesn't change the fact that variance isn't a big selling point here.

Nioh's combat is better than any soulsborne's, but I feel it lacks the grandiosity in from's games, since it plays through different levels instead of an open world.

Counterpoint: Long-arm Centipede Giraffe.

>near the end of the game
You're like 70-80% done. You shouldn't be getting popups, though, unless you mean the item descriptions when you pick something like sugar up?

I'm two thirds through the game I think.
I haven't gotten any upgrades for my posture but just holding L1 makes me not able to counter-attack as efficiently, and my enemies' posture stays where it is.
Playing aggressively, like slashing 2-3 times, then perfectly parrying, then slashing 2-3 times etc is how you win. Their posture melts. You're sabotaging yourself if you hold L1

Granted, although that's just a single one-minute fight. Objectively true in any case.

the ogre at the beginning of the game

>70-80% done
Damn really? Feels kinda short. I've only fought a few major bosses (Lady Butterfly, horse man and lightning dude)

Holding is absolutely not the most effective or fastest way to win. It is, however, by far the easiest and works on almost every encounter. Bursting through the enemy posture isn't the only way to win.

He's overexaggerating

In that case it's about 70%, yeah. You still have a few short side paths to go, at least.

How far through am I really? I thought about 50%

Folding Screen Monkeys is the best boss

I've got no idea how long it took the other guy to finish it, but yeah you're about halfway

Does it even constitute as a boss? It's just chasing monkeys

Previous FromSoft games:
>properly time a parry
>rewarded with insta-kill for regular enemies
>rewarded with lots of damage on bosses

Sekiro:
>game incentivizes parrying
>have to parry an entire string of attacks by a boss to defeat them, missing one means having the majority of your health chunked off
>can easily be one-shot by a boss but you HAVE to be right in front of them to parry so buck up or shut up
>dodging and attacking is worthless because of awful dodge attack start-up and piss poor damage

Parrying just plain isn't fun. You just sit there waiting for the enemy to attack and then you press LB a bunch of times. There's less nuance than dodging, because at least with dodging you have to take into account the range of your dodge and the range of the enemy attack. 90% of my playtime in this game is standing in front of a guy and pressing LB.

Don't see what the hype is. World also has none of the intrigue as past games and the story is cliche almost to the point of parody. Never at any point did I enter a new area and get excited to explore it like I did entering Cathedral Ward or Anor Londo. And the starting areas were awful compared to Central Yharnam or Undead Burg. Very disappointed in Miyazaki, seems like a B-team effort desu

Attached: 1536517379715.jpg (288x252, 24K)

Nice, thought so. That's much more reassuring. I was worried the game would be over too quickly. Still feels like there's gotta be a good chunk left to see and do.

It's about the journey

>Parrying just plain isn't fun
I love clashing swords with a tough boss and the constant back and forth. Also dodges in Soulsborne had no nuance. It was just iframe abuse.

>pressing a button at the requisite time is nuanced

Man, how do you even think your other play throughs are going to be? You're going to fight every fight the same way you did on your first play through!

Better than my non-existent second playthrough of Dark Souls

>lacks the grandiosity in from's games, since it plays through different levels instead of an open world.
So... like Demon Souls...?

it is when you get used to it
holy shit I feel like sanic the hedgehog just slaying everything, blocking the whole string feels so satisfying

This. I wasn't really into the game that much in the first couple of hours, but once I started getting better and the enemies got tougher I became hooked. Can't put this shit down.