Google Stadia

+ only $40 for the controller
+ $40 a game (Google undercutting Sony & MS)
+ lower lag multiplayer - all the player interactions are handled on one supercomputer
+ consistent response for all players
+ no cheating
+ thousands of players at a time - Stalingrad could be simulated
+ play anywhere, internet connections improve all the time, 5G/6G, just take your controller
+ no load times
+ save states
+ literally jump into a stream you are watching and play right away

Versus console
- massive $400 up front cost
- $60 a game
- paid multiplayer
- smaller multiplayer matches

Attached: 960x0.jpg (960x662, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ANzNCpsXrK4&t=73s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

< think Google Stadia is a bad idea

Attached: 1548092388697.jpg (1024x682, 177K)

aight bucko, stop right there, this shitty bait has gone too far

Attached: 1553378494639.png (1022x731, 643K)

Enough, shill.

-25mbs internet MINIMUM to play
-FULL SECONDS of input lag
-don't even OWN your games
-no actual games revealed for it
-have to join the google botnet to play

Bye. Sorry about your Google stocks, better sell them now before it sinks like with every other fancy new Google hardware from the past decade.

Attached: 1455306369042.jpg (226x225, 11K)

is that jim sterling

>18 Uhr
>Du kommst von der Arbeit
>Willst deinen zertifizierten Google Controller anschmeißen und bisschen zocken
>STOP
>Du erinnerst dich das du einen Kabelvertrag von Vodafone hast
>Speedtest.net
>200+ping
>2 MBs
>Rufst die Hotline an
>"Ganz normal zu Stoßzeiten" sagt der Hurensohn
>Dein Hurensohn von Mitbewohner schmeißt seine Playsi an und spielt Fifa ohne zu meckern

Google fick dich

Und Vodafone du dich auch HURENSOHN

>$40 a game (Google undercutting Sony & MS)
The entire point and hook of this service is that you won't be paying per game on average, and the few times you do, it will be a small fraction of traditional retail cost.

Why do people keep trying to force this game streaming meme before they manage to make the input lag even remotely reasonable?
It's not going to take off until that's accomplished.

really hope this works tbqh
as a filthy casual, this appeals to me

>+ $40 a game (Google undercutting Sony & MS)
source

To be fair, I can see this killing consoles if executed well. It's designed and marketed towards normies who don't even understand concepts of latency and whatnot.

>Streaming

lol

don't forget
>20gb per hour of playtime
even if you don't have data caps you isp is probably gonna throttle your ass before the month is out

>25mbs internet MINIMUM to play
Wrong
>-FULL SECONDS of input lag
Input lag is a few ms higher then consoles
>-don't even OWN your games
Either on steam
>-no actual games revealed for it
What do you mean "actual" games
>-have to join the google botnet to play
Every company is botnet

Next

Terrible name though, they couldn't think of something better?

Fuck u

>(((google)))

Attached: 1498625883912.jpg (193x250, 9K)

They might make something of it. But only with games specially designed to work with Stadia and how it loads data. Traditional games will never work well on it. Basically it's up to Google's in house developers to make killer aps to sell the service, which means this shit is DOA cause Google can't stick to anything more than two years

cause if you can be the first your rake in the money, those features would probably kill standard consoles if the technology could handle it but it can't at the moment.

That was actually a fake leaked to resetera, we don't know the data draw yet. But if it's anything over Netflix (which itself sometimes gets throttled by isp Jews) you're still right

>It's designed and marketed towards normies who don't even understand concepts of latency and whatnot.
they won't know to call it latency but they'll notice it, they'll probably call it lag but something like that is hard not to notice specially when they've likely come off regular consoles that don't have that issue.

>Input lag is a few ms higher then consoles
But display lagr is higher. Stadia is roughly equal at 60fps under ideal conditions. The point of a console and SP games is you ALWAYS have ideal conditions. Network streaming adds variables where the system can fall behind

>$40 a game (Google undercutting Sony & MS)
Bullshit, when Steam started getting big they tried undercutting on AA/AAA games. What happened was retailers began to threaten publishers if they sold digitally for cheaper than brick and mortar.

>thousands of players at a time
Maybe if they pushed for a MAG 2 I might be inclined.

Oh boy I can't wait.

Attached: 1497687702927.png (899x528, 295K)

It won't work for multiplayer games at all, at least not without a barebones .apk or whatever Fuschia uses that streams the assets, but that's not what Stadia showed off.
It'll be barely playable for SP games, and depending on the game that will be fine.

You're stuck in a catch 22 of shilling here.
If input latency IS low then buffering is also low which means stability is low. These are all connected, it's impossible to separate them.

>$40 for controller
I mean okay
>$40 for game
Google is either showing its incompetence or they aren't pooling any AAA games.
>lower lag
Impossible.
>consistent response for all players
this is tied to latency, and is also impossible.
>no cheating
Impossible, but more importantly, if they hold true to this, how do they plan to enforce and punish?
>thousands of players at a time
Maybe if you're playing a game that has low poly counts.
>play anywhere. Just take your controller
And what about the monitor?
>no load times
Impossible.
>save states
I mean okay that would be neat, but for what purpose beyond that?
>literally jump into a stream you are watching and play right away
I mean this is actually genuinely cool, but I have no desire for it.

my isp wont throttle me but than im not a retarded amerilard whos owned by big corporations

The added lag and reduced graphical clarity (video compression) make this a hard pass for me.

Not to mention the fact this will let jewgle hold the games you bought for ransom and would allow them to make changes at will.

>but than
>not retarded

>consistent response for all players
yeah, they're all gonna get shat on
not to mention I couldn't care less about multiplayer and all the points you made are multiplayer-focused

I want to own my shit, not a fucking license.

lol sure thing mate, your isp is your friend and they would never do anything like that to their friend. Careful with your hateful words though, wouldn't want the police making a visit to your house cause you said a nono word.

150+ ms lag is the deal breaker. Doesn't matter what the advantages are, playing with lag like that is insane. I've spent years on 28.8k and 56k and i don't wish that on anybody.

It's no more laggier for MP

Player > server < Player

vs

All players > server

All these technological quibbles will disappear. A decade from now, the idea of owning a box to play Fifa will seem antiquated.

Well the whole input lag being unsolvable until FTL communication is developed is kinda the main reason they keep jumping the gun since that's kinda impossible.

That's a broad assumption

When the game is run locally, they just have to transmit the movement data and other things. now they also have to transmit the stream itself. There may be less lag in some ways, but more lag in others.

Also, its all going to depend on your internet connection. Unless you have excellent internet, its going to suck. (unless you're a braindead normie)

That's what people said about onlive, about a decade ago.

Latency can only get so low. If you're playing against people on the other side of the planet, you're going to have lag.

Input lag won't matter for interactive movies that the normies like.

-you don't own the game, yet you pay 40 dollars for it?
-unless everybody is accessing the game from the same location, there will still be lag...
-you can have thousands of players without stadia
-you're delusional if you think ''20 gb/h everywhere'' is going to be commonplace any time soon
-why would load times be gone?
-consoles have save states too

nice try, user

ITT: Neo luddites

>assuming everyone has manegeable internet in a world where most people have garbage fucking connection and some people still have dialup
>consistent response
Yeah sure
>not taking into account input lag
Yeah sure

Their attempt at explaining that in such a simple way is a straight up lie, there are actually TWO MORE steps now, not one fewer.
Player Input > Streaming Server Instance partitioned for that player to be a game client > Dedicated Server > Other Streaming Server Instance Clients > Other Players having the game footage streamed to them

You actually think Stadia won't have a monthly cost?

It's Google, so they'll make it "free" with a fuckton of ads.

Gaming is already shit. It will be even worse if Google gets any kind of control.

It would be just like youtube. At first, developers would love it because they would make a lot of money. Slowly but surely, Jewgle would keep more and more of the money for themselves.

I wouldn't count on this. Renting GPUs + bandwidth isn't cheap. PlayStation Now costs 20 bucks per month, but includes games. Inserting ads to games fucking sucks anyway.

>$40 to rent a game
Nope, you fucked up.

Yeah, but now we have Google on it. One of the most powerful companies alive. The brightest minds on the planet. You really think they won't be able to handle it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-141240_YouTube.jpg (2960x1440, 837K)

I can't tell if this is unironic shilling or just good ol shitposting

I don't care: onlive, gaikai, playstation now, and xbone streaming already have had working platforms.

Google is an evil conglomerate hell bent on aquiring companies and throwing millions of dollars of shit at the walls to see what sticks. Fuck em.

Obsessed

Game streaming is marketed towards normies who don't want to buy any hardware but are vaguely interested in some games, and poorfags who watch other people play games because they can't afford to do it themselves. Both of these audiences wouldn't know the difference between

Yeah their solution to the input lag is to us ai predictive programming to play the game for you and give the illusion of playing a game.

Unironic yikes. Literally unplayable.

It would probably work for stuff like Korean MMOs, but definitely not AAA singleplayer, fighting games, etc.

>166ms
That's 5 fucking frames of input lag on a 30FPS game.

Attached: DbIkojJX4AEU3se.jpg (479x317, 29K)

no fuk u

>Stalingrad could be simulated
Keep your dick in your pants, Yevgeni.

Attached: 1551237814604.jpg (568x550, 121K)

This doesn't work. If Google is undercutting retailers that means that they are subsidising your purchase. Google are losing billions in this scenario. Because Ubisoft is sure as FUCK not lowering their prices.

Attached: MP_PR1.jpg (1300x934, 311K)

The vast majority of normalfags play the latest AAA titles and there's no way in hell publishers are going to tank their day 1 sales for streaming.
Never mind the obvious catch 22. If you have enough money for good enough internet, then you have enough money to just buy a fucking console

Stadia seems like a good option for console fans that want the PC experience with out the bank accounts.

If $€299 is too much money maybe poor people shouldn't be playing videogames.

And I wonder how much cheaper a subscription would actually be in the end?

>Yeah, but now we have Google on it. One of the most powerful companies alive. The brightest minds on the planet. You really think they won't be able to handle it?
youtube.com/watch?v=ANzNCpsXrK4&t=73s

We haven't seen actual real life testing by independent reviewers yet.
All this shit is staged right next to a Google data center. Nobody knows yet if they can handle millions of users.

>-25mbs internet MINIMUM to play
>-FULL SECONDS of input lag
They think they'll manage to sell THAT?

Attached: 1358212340788.png (250x250, 114K)

>Google putting another microphone in peoples houses to harvest data
nah.

Because google is literally one of the biggest companies on earth and it has enough money to put over 5k poos to shill for them.

>God knows how many people start streaming the latest AAA shit on day 1
>Servers immediately shit themselves from the load
Not gonna fucking happen

Google is now literally what blizzard was right before the D3/WoD fiasco(s), too much money, they don't even have to try, so they don't try and this will bring their downfall.

Anything that's too big, IS doomed to fail.

mbs internet MINIMUM to play
>Wrong
He's actually right.
>>-FULL SECONDS of input lag
>Input lag is a few ms higher then consoles
There has been videos of 1 or 2 seconds of delay. Consoles or PC don't have that much (if any). It would make anything unplayable but slow paced puzzle games. Not even the regular dudebro Uncharted experience can support 2 second delay.
>>-don't even OWN your games
>Either on steam
Thank god I still buy physical. Dunno for how much though.
>>-no actual games revealed for it
>What do you mean "actual" games
You are right. Should have been "no games"
>>-have to join the google botnet to play
>Every company is botnet
What.

Has Yea Forums became even more retarded over the years or these faggots come from other places?

>+ only $40 for the controller
+5f input delay
>+ $40 a game (Google undercutting Sony & MS)
+5f input delay
>+ lower lag multiplayer - all the player interactions are handled on one supercomputer
+5f input delay
>+ consistent response for all players
+5f input delay
>+ no cheating
+5f input delay
>+ thousands of players at a time - Stalingrad could be simulated
+5f input delay
>+ play anywhere, internet connections improve all the time, 5G/6G, just take your controller
+5f input delay
>+ no load times
+5f input delay
>+ save states
+5f input delay
>+ literally jump into a stream you are watching and play right away
+5f input delay

Attached: 1535682415175.png (240x240, 49K)

>tfw be able to purchase google stocks for cheap again

Attached: 1451089051_EgSuaa5.gif (415x322, 1.35M)

Imagine playing games with 60ms input delay.
I'd rather craft a wicker woman and fuck it till my penis gets infected and I die.

Its funny because a lot of people kinda hate Google these days. Shilling isn't gonna work.

- Unplayable laggy piece of shit
- Graphics artifacts up the ass
- ads in-game
- microtransactions x100 worse
- multiplayer focus
- single player games disappear
- no immersion
- stupid retard audience who doesn't care about video games
- multiplatform games will be even more dumbed down
- enemy reaction times slowed down
- no fast twitch elements in games
- low resolution
- poor fps
- platform won't accept smaller games
- platform won't accept sexist, racist or violent games
- everything will be gamepad-focused even though it works on pc
- no modding
- requires fast internet but caters to poor people, wtf?
- the designers behind streaming hate quality video games
- they don't even play video games themselves unlike indie developers
- video game history is erased when a game goes offline
- VR is impossible on it

+ ???????????

Attached: 1392239103094.gif (209x213, 1.73M)

>g00lags gonna lag

>166ms minimum input delay in the ideal environment

Attached: 1553376703442.png (710x484, 19K)

Console companies will sue and block Stadia as TOS violation. There's no way they'll allow it.

Also this is probably a decade ahead of current technology. It's 100ms 10fps during their demo.