Sekiro and Devil May Cry

>da wei of da samurai
vs
>cuhrayzee wohoo wacky anime pizza style

Which game is the most weeb?

Attached: dmcsekiro.png (1200x630, 1.23M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/DMCuck/
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/XVbros/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453694869
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453624761
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one is the weeb that takes himself too serious, takes that book musashi wrote as his philosophy of life and write kanjis in the right order of strokes, the other likes americanized anime with over the top action and jack off to hentai of their favorite characters

I don't even like anime but love DMC. Anecdotal but chiming in with that

>Capcom vs From
Is this even up for debate?

I like anime, like Sekino and don't like DMC

I like both and I don't see why should be compared when the only thing in common is that you kill stuff with a sword

Oh hey it's the too biggest fucking cancers on Yea Forums right now.

>Sekiro
Japanese writing things in perspective of Japanese
>DMC
Japanese writing things in perspective of American

Not counting any possible translation differences. Though I have literally no idea why they're being compared.

I swear this fucking board doesn't seem to agree on what makes a game weebshit or not.
One game is based around japanese folklore and the other has a japanese flare, none of them are weebshit
If you want true weebshit then look at shit like neptunia or Xenoblade2 which are made specifically for the weeb audience

meant to reply to my bad

but Yea Forums doesnt even like Sekiro
DMC 5 on the other hand....

Both are normalfag tier garbage.

What's American about it? stylistically the setting is European-esque, but the game is still Japanesy. Down to Nico's whole character, literally a Japanese trope character.

>annoying fanbase of normies who do nothing but whine about other games and take everything seriously
vs
>annoying fanbase of retards who do nothing but meme and take nothing seriously

if you had the chance to remove one from Yea Forums entirely, who would it be?

>Devil May Cry V
Cheesy action move in vidya form. Combat is deeper than Sekiro's yet the enemies and bosses pose no challenge at all. Enemies are just there to be combo'd and the game is more about style than substance.

>Sekiro
Serious weebanese samurai game with simpler combat. Simpler and slower, but requires a lot more precision. It's about baiting and punishing, knowing when to strike quick and when to hold back. The combat is about patience and understanding your enemy's moveset. It may not be as cuhrayzeee as DMC but the gameplay and the enemies/bosses are much better.

Bottom line is, if you want style and cool cutscenes DMC is for you. If you want more satisfying gameplay, Sekiro is the one.

Attached: ee5.png (500x375, 295K)

Based
I swear crapcom and fromsoft shitposters can go neck themselves

Top, From fanboys annoying elitist attitudes is insufferable.

>da wei of da samurai

But sekiro is a shinobi

Weeaboo does not mean "even marginally related to japan"

I should have said Western vs Eastern.

>From fanboys annoying elitist attitudes is insufferable.
I don't think you've ever been on a from thread, it's full of capcom elitist who think playing monster hunter or hah dmc5 makes their wiener bigger

>satisfying gameplay
>R1
>no customization
>insta kill most scrub enemies in stealth
>no replay value
>gimped souls

zoomer dmc fans are usually weebs
boomer dmc fans aren't, they were pretty popular games in the ps2 era and back then we didn't give a shit about realism so a guy who's half demon doing backflips and killing shit with swords and guns was pretty regular

this. DMC 5 is anime buttonmasher, Sekiro is pure videogamey videogaming.

Haven't completed 5 or played Sekiro but Vergil 3 in DMC3 on Very Hard/DMD is more challenging than any Souls/BB boss.

>Japanese games
>weeb

Both of them define both fanbases tho
They're fucking cancerous when they get out from their respective threads

Word meaning can change with time, grandpa.

Original meaning or current? Current makes Sekiro since it's as japanese as you can get. Original is DMC since DMC has always been an anime appealing to the west.

And any shadow tower boss is harder than dmc3 dmd mode, your point?
Both companies watered down the difficulty of their games, and the only ones who whine about it are the elitist autistics

DMC5's ending is anime as fuck. Sekiro pulls off the YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO shit pretty well though and does a decent (not great) job of making you feel like a master ninja by the end game.

Personally I enjoy DMC5 more. Both are GOTY material though.

right now the only videogames thread on Yea Forums are about either dmc or sekiro
the rest is shitposting, politics, waifu fags, discussions about microtransactions in games nobody here actually plays

Satisfying gameplay is subjective. Some people find the slow-paced gameplay of Sekiro hard to deal with because they're impatient, while they would do much better if they were playing DMC.

Others think the gameplay of DMC is too frenetic and nonsensical and prefer something more precise that has you think about your options.

Attached: i carly dante.jpg (1600x600, 610K)

>pose no challenge
lmao up the difficulty baby it's literally the point of the game

>Enemies are just there to be combo'd

This is your brain on combo vids.

Attached: 1553360894729.webm (1200x674, 2.97M)

DMC 5 > Sekiro

this is really simple folks. Devil May Cry 5 is easily a more satisfying experience. I'll fight anyone in a battle to the death over this

Attached: 1543080162117.png (500x500, 228K)

Sekiro is for the diehard serious weeb, that practices his kanji every day and considers watching dub the greatest form of heresy.

DMC is for the lighthearted westernized weeb, he can get down with some Amerime and Ninja Turtles.

Sekiro > dmc5

Sekiro is outright more weeb. Both are good games, though.

Attached: 1492806430671.gif (500x281, 343K)

I'm great at Sekiro, it's all about knowing the enemies movements. Not that complicated for a non-brainlet. However here I am still stuck on Vergil on DMC5 DMD because i'm absolute shite at comboing with Dante lol. And my reaction time is TOO poor. So in that sense, Sekiro is easier for me being slower paced.

I'm literally trying to farm red orbs to by golden orbs because I can't beat Vergil lmao.

Attached: 1488587357910.jpg (882x624, 122K)

sexy RG, (Faust) hats off to you

also most enemies become autistic rape trains on DMD but for some reason people don't want to acknowledge it. Riots in particular DT right away and just all come barreling at once trying to gouge out your eyes.

The annoying retard who spams DMC vs Sekiro threads every day

>the most steretypical and overused japanese setting in any media is weebshit
retards

Only non-Japanese games that got inspired by Japanese things can be "weeb" games

Serious question: I was considering picking up Sekiro but was never a huge fan of Dark Souls style games. I do however enjoy action titles, is this worth picking up or should I skip?

Based. Played both and had a significantly more entertaining time with DMC.

Sekiro is not bad at all though, its just not as fun

Attached: Yea!.png (1031x675, 1.14M)

You could always learn Royalguard and use that against Vergil instead. That's what I ended up doing.

trust in the Cavaliere air combos, believe in the Cavaliere air combos

also master RG.

Nigga I just told you my reaction time is shite, I always miss lmao

DMC is a shounen chuuni
Sekiro is a samurai seinen

DMC5fags seething because literally every fight in Sekiro has more tension and takes more skill.

Attached: 1551141456831.jpg (743x742, 143K)

while I agree DMC5 is better, Sekiro has some pretty fun shit once you get far enough. You can fucking mindjack enemies with a backstab, and you can also mindjack some minibosses and turn them into your slaves. Pretty dope.

literally nobody is seething
stop it barry

yes, how dare people give attention to any game that isn't smash! don't they realize how important it is that vergeben said my literal who is in?

It's not a reaction time thing, honestly. Once you've seen his moves, you'll learn to block them without it being a reaction, but a timing. If you learn to do the blocks based on a timing of the animation he's doing, rather than waiting for the actual attack to come out, it becomes WAY easier to perform.

Hi Barry Fuck off Barry

Oh great, another thread where we discuss similarities between two completely different games for the sake of shitposting. Boy that will be fun

Attached: 1552330991012.jpg (425x301, 27K)

DMC is buttonmashing against enemies that don't hurt you. Sekiro is more satisfying because you actually overcome challenges with every enemy. Gameplay >>> Cutscenes
And don't give me the "b-b-b-but long combos!" because you niggas were saying no one actually does the long combos from 4 and it's ok some tricks were taken out.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>Fromsoft
>"""""""""""""""""""""""""skill""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

if it's japanese and not a first-party nintendo game, it's "weebshit" according to nu-Yea Forums.

>Some people find the slow-paced gameplay of Sekiro hard to deal with because they're impatient, while they would do much better if they were playing DMC.
This is me, I die so much in Sekiro because I got used to DMC levels of fast.

Attached: 1537883882513.png (465x257, 154K)

Hilariousness enough, that describes Sekiro going from Souls, dumbed down.

I played DMC5 all the way to the end on DMD and loved every second of it.

Played Sekiro for two days and decided that I'll just return it to the store come monday. It's trash. Wish they had made a real Tenchu game instead.

FFXV flopped and they had to cancel the DLCs.

>people talking about video games is bad

Attached: Confused Motivated Man and his Unga Bunga Son.png (630x334, 191K)

>DMC is too frenetic
The enemies are slow as fuck with the worst AI ever put in a videogame. It's not frenetic at all.

Sent the thread to mods on IRC just to see if its actually XV-kun or not.

Attached: 1432388740222.jpg (500x378, 145K)

DMCfag here. Sekiro is definitely worth picking up. It's a pretty big deviation from souls (other than some of the engine and quality issues From has).

Attached: kino.png (670x520, 294K)

doing DMD right now and holy FUCK riots are pure insanity, especially as V

DT instantly, gain massive stagger resist, and take off 1/3rd your hp with a single spin, god help you if they do that double slash combo

How long until Armored Core is compared to Souls, and inevitably another game of a different genre?

Attached: 1548630957755.png (440x537, 33K)

Lies, i'm at zero golden orbs, dying to mobs lol.

Never played Sekiro, but where did the comparison even come from? Looking at vids and it just looks like a faster bloodborne but in samurai age. I don't see any similarities to DMC

Attached: 1551988666404.jpg (1080x1080, 51K)

>be V
>DT never heals you
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

only time in Sekiro I ever had to play without having healing as an option was the few times Owl-san hit me with that no-heal debuff

on human?
on devil hunter?
on son of sparda?

the game changes completely at higher difficulties, it's why most people like DMD since brutal difficulty usually pushes people into "the zone"

both are 3rd person action games released in the same month, it was inevitable

DMC has cooler weapons and moves to mess around with, sadly no good enemies so it's a moot point. Suckiro is less over the top but ultimately a better experience. It's like comparing God of War 3 to God Hand. God of War 3 has more spectacle but God Hand is a lot more rewarding.

Attached: 1553362053933.jpg (2000x1500, 428K)

I think the comparison is because these are games belonging to two very good series where people have been thirsting for another game. The question is did they live up to the hype?

>DMC a game with sandbag enemies
>skill
>Sekiro a game where enemies are a legit threat
Yes, that takes skill to deal with unlike anything in DMCV.

I know DMC5 did. Dunno about Sekiro since I only played Armored Core games so can't say much

Attached: 1465063882981.jpg (888x666, 307K)

I think they both did. Sekiro actually doesn't belong to Souls imo, but its a good Fromsoft game. DMC5 is a great return to form for the series as well. Overall, 2019 has been amazing.

Yep, and the enemies literally have devil trigger. You simply cannot botton mash indefinately without getting fucked.

>tfw saw a video "Armored Souls: What FROM can learn for the future" or some similar drivel in my Youtube recommendation box the other day
please no
just leave my robots alone

Attached: 1537380737256.jpg (774x489, 39K)

They're too different.
DMC is about juggling braindead sandbags while Sekiro is Metal gear rising: Souls.
Pic related is better than both though

Attached: Ngbcover.jpg (352x499, 67K)

>bosses and mini bosses you have to learn
>enemies with skill

You can take out ANY of the base mob enemies faster than you can DMC enemies on DMD and above.

theres always atleast one NGfag lmao

>sadly no good enemies
sup bitch

Attached: 1553433105870.jpg (2560x1440, 1.32M)

Screencap this post since he's gonna repeat this.
This thread is made by an autist known as XV-kun. He started as some fanboy defending XV to death but after Tabata getting fired and FFXV has been officially killed off early, he started creating artificial rivalry such as KH vs DMC, RE vs DMC, and TWEWY vs KH. All failed since he's way too obvious. I have proof
boards.fireden.net/_/search/text/DMCuck/
then people pointed it out so he changed his format, which also didn't work since mods banned him for samefagging and all his samefag replies got deleted together
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/XVbros/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453694869
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/453624761

Know what to do with this info. He has zero defense against it and mods themselves confirmed its him thanks to a bunch of anons contacting them on IRC. Currently he's avoiding using same images and copypasta replies since he's now under rangeban from both mods and ISPs due to the NZ shooting. His current method of shitposting is now peddling Sekiro with DMC after failing to do so with KH vs DMC

Learn to report these posts since mods are quick to act against his autism.

Attached: 1530963847605.gif (256x192, 346K)

NGfags are a meme, it's just OP falseflagging

>no good enemies
god soulsbabbies never play any other games do they?

>timed-buttons presses, directional inputs and variety in attacks due to the style metter is buttonmashing
stop using terms you don't know the meaning of

Somebody found XV-kun's trophy list and turns out he never played DMC5 so yes he never played it

Good to know
This kind of motherfuckers creating rivalry between fanbases need to gas themselves