Post characters ruined by games beyond the one they started in

Post characters ruined by games beyond the one they started in
>Entire character arc in 3 is getting over his obsession with strength and being such a fuddy duddy stuck in the mud
>He succesfully grows up, moves on
>In Arena he's suddenly obsessed purely with power again, living as a hobo vigilante superman who can fucking teleport
>An actual parody of his worst traits in 3
>Traits he lost during 3

Attached: superman that hoe.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

I didn't mind arena Akihiko much.
If you really wanted to make an example of him you should've used his Q appearance

That game had ugly chibi art and I hve fucking taste so I skipped it

Honestly I think they ruined all the P3 characters in Arena

As long as he was no longer a pretty boy that had the entire school's females after him. I thought all hope was lost once I met him.

They also made the P4 dude into a total mary sue who wanted to fuck his dautherwife niece or whatever

It's because they evolved them using the character design philosophy they developed in Persona 4, one note characters that have no development so people make memes about them.

>P3 arc is her learning to stop self loathing and feeling inferior to others, Yukiko in particular
>Eventually overcomes this and gains confidence
>Chie in Arena : KUNG FU KUNG FU MEAT MEAT MEAT!
>Chie in BBTAG : KUNG FU MEAT MEAT MEAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!
Name a worst flanderization of a character than Chie.

Attached: STEAK.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

akiko

Attached: MS_Cloud2.png (638x582, 288K)

Not a persona guy, but quick persona question. Are the persona: dancing games "budget titles?" I remember awhile back that both moonlight / starlight released the same day, and that's probably not good for people just buying one? Did Atlus ever give a "this is how much spinoffs cost compared to main titles?"

Attached: d2d27f73467482567075ba323423ab667d68621f8718f49005beea1a4ae75342.jpg (240x266, 9K)

for obvious reasons

Attached: phead.png (543x772, 345K)

junpei, ken and yukari feel like really natural evolution from the original game, but they were already the most fleshed out characters from P3 by far so maybe they just have less of a wacky anime sterotype to fall back on the way akihiko and mitsuru do

>Turned into nothin personnel kid personified, and the strongest person to ever live
>when everything was personal and his whole arc was him being weak

>Yukiko: I wish someone would take me away from all this responsibility. I don't care who it is.
>Mitsuo just wants to take Yukiko off to be treated like a princess
>Rejects him in front of the entire school, in the rain

Attached: I know that feel.jpg (637x360, 162K)

He's ugly and therefore a terrible person
This is a japanese game

That's how it works in real life. Ugly and/or fat people usually are shitty people.

>brainlet that took what the shadow selves say as the 100% literal things the character wants
do you believe yosuke is a sociopath that thinks murdering people for fun too? persona 4 is a badly written game with a bunch of extremely flawed bits where characters act in the opposite of what the story says they "should" be doing, but this isn't it

this is an autismo tripping over his sphagetti so hard that he doesn't even make sense to the person he's speaking to, and then giving up after one time to go on murder someone unrelated to anything he's actually having issues with to try and get some power in his life

the main characters certainly can be outed as hypocrites if you stop and think about some of the stuff they/the game says vs what they actually do, but trying to paint mitsuo or adachi as people who aren't blatantly wrong overly egotistic retards who can't accept their own shortcomings (one of the main points of the entire game and something a literal god ends up doing at the end to really drive it home) then you're just as flawed as they are

Junpei was fine

Attached: Junpei_Instant_Kill_Render.png (446x328, 589K)

Q picked the worst trait of almost every character and multiplied by 100. And the OCs were pure autism.

>"Autism?"
>"What is this... autism?"

Attached: 1550196602781.png (430x960, 363K)

whats that got to do with anything. he is ugly os he's bad. that's how it works

Cross Tag really fucked with these two. Put them together and its just ME FIGHT ME EAT MEAT PROTEIN GOOD TRAIN ALL DAY

>ME FIGHT ME EAT MEAT PROTEIN GOOD TRAIN ALL DAY
isn't that just /fit/ in a nutshell?

I think Kanji and Ken were the only party characters who got handled with any kind of respect in that game.

Not at all, /fit/ in a nutshell would be
>YOU'RE A CUTE BOY, WANNA FUCK

Persona did this a lot.
>Rise's whole arc is about not wanting to be seen as some whore idol and just having a nice girl's life
>complete her arc and she becomes happy with who she is on the inside because of (you)
>release a dancing game where she's bouncing around wearing a glorified napkin

Literally everyone in that game, except for Aigis, since she was already irredeemable garbage in 3.

She was shit in Arena the same as others, she was basically more roboty than ever before

I agree with Ken, but Kanji's "IS THAT A CUTE THING?? STOP IM NOT GAY I SWEAR" was blown out of proportions. Junpei, Shinji and Yusuke were also decent.

FES actually did a good job redeeming her. She was pretty great in it.

Attached: 356934593.jpg (749x1000, 559K)

Anyone else feel really bad for Teddie in Q? Every single character curbstomps him hard every time he shows up in cutscenes, it got to a point where i felt really bad just seeing him. He doesnt even need to make a bear pun for someone to shut him the fuck up. They did not treat him this harshly in P4

Flanderization is par for the course in Crossover games.

Attached: Trio.jpg (934x800, 513K)

The P4 side has Kanji go through an entire arc of him trying to muster up the courage to be a good friend and mentor to Ken and help him deal from hiding his problems from the other P3 characters. He then has a speech before the final battle with Zen because Kanji's development helped Zen understand what being human was about and why he confided in Rei in the first place.

if 90% of his dialogue wasn't GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! PLEASE STEP ALL OVER ME MIT-CHAN I would have

pretty much p4 and 5 flaws, every character is made to look cool and cartoonish.

he's a dick in arena and q and can fuck off
one note pervert chars are shit

I think it's because P3 and P4 came out a while ago and I remember hearing Atlus hiring a lot of new staff on board around 2010 - 2013.
A lot of these guys I've heard not even played the original games. So they basically just shat out husks, resembling the original characters but having only their worst traits spiked up to eleven.

>They only gave Akihiko this outfit because they wanted a "rugged" character and no one else could fit the bill so they redesigned him
Dreadful!

Attached: 1536029842060.jpg (500x500, 32K)

the outfit in the OP, i mean. he was supposed to wear a suit in-game originally.

I guess i should have actually gotten through the game, i think i stopped around the haunted/abandon school dungeon. I really couldnt bare the bad dialogue.

>Turned into nothin personnel kid personified
He wasn't though. And he sure as shit wasn't weak by the end of FF7.

Just look at Yea Forums

Hyde and Ragna are perfectly in character in crosstag so is Ruby. In fact, Yu is in character as well. I don't know why you're shitting on them compared to persona arena.

In fact Ragna is a hell of a lot nicer in crosstag than he was in his game

Kanji is so badass he gains Ragna's respect and they fight Rachel and Hakumen together. Do you know how cool you have to be to stand up to Hakumen of all people?

Then again, Ruby completely outsmarted him, Tager and Waldstien in their story when 2 of them were ganging up on her so whatever

I just posted the image to denote Tag in general, nothing on the people I posted.

Yeah I wouldn't take Tag's "story mode" of all things seriously at all. A rwby chick survives fighting Azrael alone, fucking har de har