Sekiro

Sekiro is one of the biggest disappointments in recent history.

Before you go all ballistic and tell me "YEAH? What about Anthem or Fallout 76?" let me tell you why:

Sure, those are worse than Sekiro. But no one expected them to actually be great. There wasn't much hope for them to crush to begin with.
Meanwhile with Sekiro we thought "Well, it's a Miyazaki game and even if it does some things differently from Soulsborne games, it's still quite similar and with all this experience under their belt... this HAS to be amazing".

Oh boy, if only we knew. This game is completely mediocre in every aspect.
>zero weapons or armor sets to find, exploration suffers from this as well
>no character creation or customization, everyone plays the same Wolf and always will
>worthless NG+ coupled with zero online (rip pvp and invasion fun) obliterating any replayability
>boring, trope-filled setting of sengoku japan where you spend 80% of the game looking at the same tired Japanese castle surrounded by mountains
>way too many human enemies despite a few oddities later on in the game
>half-assed stealth aspect that feels like it was made by the Z team and tacked on last minute
>rock-paper-scissors combat featuring parry spam
>absolutely no atmosphere in the game compared to what soulsborne brought to the table

This is just disappointing all around. It's not a terrible game, but compared to how excited we were for it it sure hurts once you come to terms with how poor this game is after playing it for a while.

Oh and since I don't want any retards to show up and do what I expect them to: This has nothing to do with the difficulty level of the game, I had little trouble with it.

The ranking is thus:
DS1 >> BB >>>>>> DeS >> DS3 >>>>>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>>>>> Sekiro

Now let us hope that From will come to their senses and give us a proper, good Soulsborne game again in the future. Maybe something like Bloodborne but in an Egyptian/Aztec/Maya setting?

Attached: flopiro.jpg (848x547, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/bcbyzj.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=-itSoNq0WyQ&t=90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tl;dr lol

game is based and void of any criticism cause of emma

Attached: 20190324054926_1.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

Sure friend, the tl;dr is the ranking. All you really need to know.
DS1 >> BB >>>>>> DeS >> DS3 >>>>>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>>>>> Sekiro

ayy lmao
*toots flute*

Attached: 456784563.webm (368x450, 420K)

How many areas are in this?

I want it, but not if it' s all that ashina castle place.

Just wait for Ghost of Tsushima.

I'll give it a try if it looks good but I'm not too keen on something from the Infamous devs.
Plus their setting of Japan will be even more generic.

>excited we were

The fuck are you on about? Yea Forums was NEVER excited for this game. Yea Forums was chomping at the bit to make sure this game doesn't get by unscathed. Yea Forums hates Souls games now, so they sit there and wait in anticipation for the newest Souls game to even have a slight chink in its armor and then proceed to shitpost it to death. Oh, DS3 is kinda linear? WORST SOULS GAME EVER! Oh, Bloodborne was a bit short? WORST SOULS GAME! TOTAL FLOP, Yea ForumsROS!

You're all fucking idiots. I'm going to play Sekiro. Eat my ass.

Attached: 1553258567072.jpg (618x597, 144K)

>wojak
also tl; dr lol

That is true. When can we expect some reading material or animation?

>Yea Forums hates Souls games now
I don't think that is true. A lot of people just hate the bandwagoners in it for some dumbass "hardcore gamer cred" which Souls seems to give normies upon playing it.

Or they hate people making 30 hour lore analysis videos out of them.

But no you still see Souls games and Bloodborne among favorite games ever lists frequently.

I didn't even bother to read all that but the combat is far better than any souls game. Souls combat basically consists of r1 spam or backstab/parry cheesing so complaning about parry spamming when parry doesn't even work against a lot of attacks and needs to be properly timed to affect posture is hilarious.

>no outfits/weapons
God, I fucking hate this. A huge part of the fun of Souls-esque shit is exploring increasingly cool locations and getting outfits and weapons.

So they hate people who enjoy the games...mostly because you're all raging contrarians...Got it.

A bunch. And even ashina Castle is interesting enough, despite the fact that there's like 5 other areas I've visited so far.

I agree and sadly it's intertwined with other things.

Like, the game has no weapons or armor sets.
Okay.
That also means it lacks the whole "fashion souls" thing aka customizing your character. It also means exploration suffers because what are you meant to get excited over when you find it? Ceramic Shard or Sugar #1956?

So what, Souls might be dodge spam but Sekiro is parry spam. That's better somehow?

GIT

Attached: 367373467.jpg (477x477, 41K)

reddit souls
>trivial combat made even more trivial by dodge/r1 spam
>PRAISE LE SUN XDDD
>muh lore
>muh emotes
>hardest game evaar amirite fellow rebbitors?XD git gud

Sekino
>MOMMY THIS GAME IS TOO HARD CAN'T r1/roll spam anymore REEEEEEEE
>MOMMY I CAN'T GRIND LEVELS TO MAKE BOSSFIGHTS TRIVIAL
>MOMMMMYYYY ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY REEEEEE
>MOMMY THIS GAME HAS AN ACTUAL STORY, I CAN'T WATCH POINTLESS 45 MINUTES LONG LORE VIDEOS WHILE STROKING MY SHRIMP DICK
>B-BASED STUDIO JAPAN F-FUCK FROMSOFT

Attached: 1449081047980.png (675x827, 35K)

lppk, op did a wojak edit, its very das epic!! !

Based

Enemies and tools are what I get excited for, esoteric texts, NPCs and quest lines, the mystery of key items you don't have the use for yet. I'm constantly exploring places I've already been in this game and finding new and interesting stuff. If what keeps you hooked on a game is cosmetics you're looking for a different game.

This is the dumbest post Yea Forums has had in 2019 yet
Congratulations

I knew it was going to be shit
it's why I didn't preorder it, unlike das2 & das3
still a letdown though
I feel like it might even be worse than nioh

I had a gut feeling I'd be let down by Sekiro but still bought it and now I hate myself for not listening to my stomach. The stomach always knows.

*BB = Ds1 > DeS >>>>>>> Ds3 >>>>>>> Sekiro >> Ds2

I don't get everyone jerking off the parrying in this game

at butterfly lady and she's all dodging, drunkard was all dodging, basically every miniboss thus far has been all dodging, no parry.

Game's mediocre.

>item in some corner of the map
>wonder what it's gonna be
>always bag of coins, candy, dust, ceramic, oil or pellets

wow exploration is so rewarding

Nah, it's disappointing but not nearly as bad as DaS2.

No other From came comes close to that shitheap.

DS2 isn't nearly as bad as this strange circlejerk on Yea Forums would make one believe.

DaS2 had great pvp

There's a bunch of prosthetic tools to find and they have a skill tree with upgrades. Saying there's no weapons is objetively wrong.

>So what, Souls might be dodge spam but Sekiro is parry spam. That's better somehow?
Parry spam will only get you shit on by the harder bosses, like I said, it needs to be properly timed to affect posture. I'm guessing you rage quitted at the ogre miniboss?

>get a fucking popup for every single shard you pick up even if it's the tenth one in the span of a minute

Funny enough the circlejerk on Yea Forums is actually to the contrary because people define their entire identity here by being contrarians.

Although I'm not so much of an exaggerating retard as OP is, I still wish FROM had made a true Action RPG like Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Why would they neglect their core fanbase like this? They would still be some obscure Jap developer if it wasn't for us.

>ITS NOT DARK SOULS 4 HOLY SHIT IT SUCKS
Can you just fucking kys already, yea it came from the guy who made dark souls, that does not make it dark souls stop fucking saying it should be. From development it was a tenshu game, not a souls, then it got changed so much it became its own thing. It has checkpoints, every game does, you lose stuff when you die, most games do this they are not unique to souls.

G8b8m8 you make me want to strangle you

>DeS
>higher ranked than any other of the games

Attached: SNAP.png (1148x1043, 1.38M)

Reposting from the other thread:
UNBIND CROUCH FROM ANALOG. If you keep messing some parries and blocks this is quite likely the culprit. I legit did this and just cleared the game up to the swamp with 0 red deaths.
This won't fix the fucking abortion that is the camera but it will make the game playable.

Attached: 1501611106619.jpg (1000x1000, 548K)

I REALLY like it. More even than DS3. Am I doing it wrong?

Attached: woolay.jpg (546x517, 66K)

Complaining about humanoid bosses in a Souls game means you don't get what makes the combat system so good in the first place.

Because they wanted to make a different game. They made 5 of those already. Everyone will shit on cod, fifa, ass creed but as soon as FROM makes a game that's slightly different you're all crying. You guys who are disappointed because its not souls are pathetic, no one said it would be souls, there's no reason it should be souls. This game has the best gameplay FROM has ever produced.

>thought I was inept & because of that I kept crouching during combat
>I'm not the only one
fuck me

No OP is just spamming a wall of text that's passed around for a while. nu-Yea Forums is upset they missed out on Mass Effect Andromeda and No Man's Sky's shitstorm because they came in during the election, so they keep trying to capture the same feeling so they can feel like they've lived it.

Its only disappointing if you expected it to be another soulsborne game.

>absolutely no atmosphere in the game compared to what soulsborne brought to the table
This is the worst offender. It's insane how contrived and mundane everything is, from the music, the atmosphere, the lore, the characters, the voice acting, the setting, the level design, the flavor text of everything... Even the main character, Jesus Christ, when you make a set main character, you have to make him as strong as possible; this guy is just your random gruff, he has zero personality. Should've made him customizable and voiceless, at least you can self-insert and make him good your own way.

Combat is good though, even though it was its issues. But everything else is disappointing.

every single change to make it further away from dark souls made the game worse

I knew it wasn't going to be a soulsborne game in the same way I knew nioh wasn't going to be a soulsborne game
they're both just inferior rather than different

Oh yeah, you're the genius OP, you saw through all the bullshit. Never mind all the satisfied gamers, the reviewers, Youtubers, the fact that it is the most streamed game on twitch, all that. Nope, you are the correct one, it is indeed, a shit game. Good job OP!

What a fag you are.

Wait what? I though crouch was pressing the left stick?

Wrong.

I legit started clearing the game like it was nothing after that. First trying most bosses, from butterfly to double ape. All you need is this and know which tools are the best ones for the job.

Yes, and it causes you to crouch mid combat which makes you unable to block/dodge etc. Pressing it mid combat isn't hard to do.

>first real enemy have dark souls 2 tier magnet grab spam
>one shot btw

Nice """""hard"""""" game bro

What the fuck does crouch have to do with parrying

Thanks for the rundown. Appreciate it

Attached: 1497614810065.png (500x500, 118K)

If you crouch mid combat it fucks you over and you can't parry/move properly.

>I hate it because its not dark souls

Go die in a fire already

what controller is everyone use? I'm not experiencing this at all.

you'd really hate armored core and lost kingdoms

gib gub xddd

You're still expecting a souls experience though.

How on earth are you crouching while in combat you neanderthal, are you gripping your controller so hard you crouch?

>I falseflag because get dabbed soulsfags
You failed
Everyone knows its DS2 fags that really hate this game

Why would you crouch mid combat?

Attached: 1553386935765.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

what is sekiro striving to be?

I had this on both xbox one/switch pro.

Holy shit you guys got filtered, and I thought Yea Forums wasn't filled with casuals.

Yea Forums finally realized Souls games are fucking terrible. You can only fall for the "this game hard you die lol" before you understand these games are shitty Japjank.

JUST GOT THE GAME!
Not tot happy that people have beaten the game 2 days after a release.
Hell even Dark souls,bloodborn took at least a week for peole to beat.

How long is this game?

what would you consider a souls experience?

i want to die
why cant i git gud

It's not an rpg and it's not trying to be so this criticism about the lack of builds or armor is retarded.

The only valid criticism here is that the stealth mechanics suck.

A fromsoft game with souls in its name.

bloodborne wasn't even short though

Because you can accidentally press it mid combat due to the binding, user. Just finished uploading my example webm (0:50): my.mixtape.moe/bcbyzj.webm

Attached: 1494061642735.png (600x600, 477K)

...then no I wasn't expecting a souls experience
...???

>DSfags can't understand this is Dark Souls
>This proves Dark Souls is garbage!
But its not Dark Souls

It’s litterally just another soulsborne game but with less equipment and variety. Art direction feels uninspired too. Probably a good game but I’m fucking bored of this formula from FromSoft. Miyazaki is a one trick pony since demons souls came out.

t. FromSoft fan

I also need to find some better way to swap/use items
every time i swap items I use it as well because 360's dpad is fucking horrible

But you are, though? You're not me, you probably have a different concept of what a souls experience is. Assuming you're OP, you even compared it to other soulsborne games, so clearly you expected it to be the same experience.

This game is getting shiposted almost as most as Bloodborne
Do souls faggots literally want From to make the same game forever or what?

Yea Forums, how do you counter the scream?
You're not honestly expected to just hit him once and then back up in the fear that his next move will be the aoe. That would take like a half an hour.

Attached: rAPE.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

I feel like if this was an Armor Core game we'd still see people trying to make it about Dark Souls
>Why isn't this Dark Souls?
>This proves souls games are shit!

Is this your blade?

Attached: stealthd.jpg (1920x1200, 244K)

Oh look, the 10th sekiro is a disappointment thread today. How does it feel being a garbage contrarian nigger with invalid opinions?

who is webm bros?

see

>Accidentally click in the left stick
You must be really fucking bad at games if you ever do this in the middle of combat

mixtape doesn't work for me.

She looks like she fucks lightining-imbued guys.

And what does?

JUST RUN NIGGA
USE YOUR RUNNING MOVE
JUST GO FASTER THAN HE SCREAMS

the hardest thing in this game is getting DS4 to work. i tried ds4windows but within a few minutes, audio stops working when i have headphones plugged in the controller.

For the most part yeah sadly.

Check your sound settings and the default audio device

>I'm bad so the game is bad

LOL SHITTERS

You are fucking retarded. Stop gripping your controller like a rabid ape.

Good thing it isnt supposed to be on a soulsborne chart at all so everyone can laugh at you

what's with people having trouble with this? i've been using my ps4 controller through steam with no problems

I want them to make good games
is that really so much to ask for?

I wouldn't mind if they made a good fps or a good tactical RPG as long as it's fun to play
whenever I boot up sekiro I want to turn it back off. I've never had this when playing other "good" games
this usually leads to me taking longer & longer between sessions until I eventually just don't bother booting it anymore and uninstall it, like I did with nioh
I'm likely still like 60-80% done with nioh and I don't even know if I still have it installed or not

>he pirated it
Get fucked cunt

>he actually bought it

It's people who end up taking their controller because their fingers aren't strong enough to maintain a grip on the controller unless they death grip and dig in hard with their thumbs

tldr; I suck at video games

Attached: tivpf0fg01l11.jpg (600x600, 35K)

>DaS2 is bad meme

Try getting your own opinions instead of parroting some irish youtube man

I can't believe how much of a 180 Yea Forums's opinion on this game took just cause of one fucking video, literally just one dude's opinion and everyone takes it like fact as if all the fun they were having before then wasn't real.

No one was disappointed with the game except for a few contrarians until that video. I prefer the first game but DaS2 is NOT bad.

>not knowing based Momiji

Attached: Hello there.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

sorry we're not all sissy cumslut boys like you user

>he bought it

>It's people who end up taking their controller

You didn't like it?
thanks for your purchase :)))
we will make sure to feed our marketing geniuses an extra ration

cringe

Ah. my bad

You don't like it because its not another souls game. we get it m8. No need to shitpost in an arabian carpet weaving forum because you see people enjoying a game you don't like

I love how sekiro exposes so many people for being absolute garbage at games. I was about to make a thread like this before I actually stuck it out. The game starts to ramp up halfway through dude go back to grandma butterfly or whatever easy boss you're stuck on.

based

honestly don't know who you're talking about
das2 has received shit ever since its release
mainly justified since the PvE aspect was significantly worse than DaS

>When you absolutely cannot bring yourself to give a fuck about the Feudal-Japan aesthetic and completely bypass Nioh, Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima

Imagine forcing yourself to get angry and disappointed at games purely because of who makes them. Okami and Tenchu proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that no game using the old Japan setting can EVER be good and worth your time. They're always overhyped garbage. Onimusha, Dynasty Warriors, the list goes on. Stop falling for the feudal-meme.

Just trying to help some anons, no need to be so butthurt like that. Some people just grip/press hard during action games.

Fuck, you're so cool and different, user. What can I do to fly so high above the masses like you?

Please stop projecting your degenerate sexual fantasy on to me, I will not rp with you, you fucking brainless caveman

absolutely based

no, everyone can have shit taste

Sekiro would be at least twice as good if you could play as Okatsu from Nioh. Prove me wrong.

>The only defense Sekirobabs have is "y-you must be bad at the game!"
Face it, this game is a trashfire. There is no legitimate defense for it.

Attached: 1476484673568.jpg (320x240, 26K)

DS3 wasn't that good.

Only thing I hate is the progression. Game has left me thinking Where the fuck do I go more often than ds1 did

The underwater combat is better than I thought

only bad side is no limit to oxygen

Attached: 20190324135350_1.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

I legit thought that until I got good. Game just suddenly clicked and became enjoyable. Been 1st trying everything.

Sekiro is a great game. I'm sorry it's not your thing.

>no-one expected anthem to be good
nigga that game had tons of hype, what are you on about?
anyway, tl:dr. cry harder. blunderfag

Nah, I'm loving this game to bits.

>Dynasty Warriors
That's China dipshit.

Nobody has any legitimate criticisms. OP was just regurgitating the same posts that were repeated ad nauseam before the games release. There's no sense of critical thinking or understanding because he hasn't played it.

The game is fucking fun. No matter how many nitpicks you throw at the wall, no matter how hard you try to force yourself to not have fun, the game is still fun.

Attached: 1553114997553.gif (500x570, 465K)

Basically, OP's entire post can be summed up as "it's not dark souls"
Great post, OP, great post

>only bad side is no limit to oxygen
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Imagine fighting the headless while having to manage that shit, fuck no. Oxygen is but useless busy work. Glad there is no stamina bar also.

>Face it, this game is a trashfire.
The entire world disagrees as proven by critic and fan reception.
Oh shit I forgot, you're user; the only person in the world who's right.

I feel the same about both old Japan and old Yuropoor settings. Overrated, overdone trash.
>Okami
that shit is full on fantasy, though.

THEY ARR ROOK SAME

>nigga that game had tons of hype, what are you on about?

only from retards. Anybody with any ounce of sense knew from the get-go that Bioware developing a fucking looter shooter was a recipe for complete disaster. Also looter shooters are a trash genre in general.

You just don't like it because it's a Japanese game for the low forehead Japanese and you're a white dude with a high forehead.

Attached: 1532456551097.jpg (300x300, 33K)

The underwater combat sections makes me wonder what kind of setting from is going to use for their next game. It felt so out of place in comparison with the rest of the game that my mind couldn't shake off the possibility that From threw it in for experimental reasons.

That's gonna be a yikes from me bro.

I just started playing and played about an hour before i have to go. I realized that most of the enemies can be killed by just spamming the fuck out of R1. Does this change later on at least? (Obviously this doesn't apply to fights that are more than 1v1

This is not a dress-up game
>no character creation or customization, everyone plays the same Wolf and always will
So like most action games
>worthless NG+ coupled with zero online (rip pvp and invasion fun) obliterating any replayability
You being a faggot and whining about online aside, lack of replayability is a legitimate concern. However I've not looked into it so NG+ might actually have different enemy placements and shit.
>boring, trope-filled setting of sengoku japan where you spend 80% of the game looking at the same tired Japanese castle surrounded by mountains
You've only played the game for an hour
I don't get this. Were you expecting a leap into high-fantasy or some shit?
>half-assed stealth aspect that feels like it was made by the Z team and tacked on last minute
>rock-paper-scissors combat featuring parry spam
This will be the only time I tell you to get good, because getting good will mean less spam since you will kill things faster. It's all about being a ninja and doing ambushes and decisive strikes.
Subjective

110% based

BARRY ARE YOU OK?!

you're the one that can't hold a controller user

Lads i think i fucked it.

Lategame spoilers ahead and in pic

I killed the big serpent and landed on a ledge inside the red circle, but instead of looting and exploring the place i fell into the lake to the side, which didnt kill me.

is there a way for me to go back up there? fugs

Attached: FUCK.jpg (2560x1440, 355K)

Of course! That worked, thanks user.

You missed on:
Nothing important at all, it's just a small cave with some consumables.

exploration is expected & a ton of tools are given to you to allow you to do exploration in all kinds of different ways, leading to shit taking 50 hours to look in every nook & corner at every step of the way

but there's 0 reward to exploration

>I'm retarded
Yes thanks for telling us.

No one is saying Sekiro is bad because it's not Dark Souls 4. It's simply bad on its own.

Yeah apart from NPCs and side queats, entire skill trees, prosthetic tools which help with a wide variety of enemy types, minibosses that give the items that literally upgrade your health and posture, along with other non key items which help you along the way. Yeah, nothing.

>the fact that it is the most streamed game on twitch
What is this supposed to tell us?
Every single AAA release is the most streamed game on Twitch for the first few days. Destiny 2 and Anthem were too.
Are you retarded?

DMC fags sure are annoying

every prosthetic tool I've found so far has been "GO HERE LOOK SHINY THING WOOOOOOOOOW"

>If you don't make an original point but criticize the same thing someone else already brought up somewhere your post isn't valid

Do you have brain damage?
If I build a car without brakes and 20 people come complain to me about it do I tell the most recent 19 of them "yeah yeah stop repeating the same shit heard it already"?
No, I don't.

Kill yourself.
OP is full of legitimate complaints as to why the game is poorer than it should have been and you do nothing but shitpost like a braindead fucking shitmonkey.

Great retort to my post. So I am right.

I can't find the fucking second Idol in the dungeon. I tried getting there from both sides, but the result is the same.

I saw people say something about a hole and a woman, but I can't find it. Do I need to kill the caster?

Attached: 20190324141241_1.jpg (1920x1080, 367K)

Sekirodrones are MHWdrones all over, dismissing every single negative thing brought up about the game and entering full rabid drone mode

different path
go inside your starting well, gated by purple naruto

>No exploring offers you plenty of things
>but you don't have to explore for those things
>wow great retort, so I guess I'm right
???

>This is not a dress-up game

Exploration sucks because no items to find, because no armour/weapons/spells
Worldbuilding sucks because there's no items to attach information to, because no armour/weapons/spells.

Face it, this is the most legitimate complaint in the game of all. The game lacks content, pure and simple. If it wanted to balance this it could have more dialogue with NPCs, more cutscenes before bosses, more story segments, but it jsut behaves like a Souls game instead. Bland, soulless, empty.

Your preset main character is also extremely boring and a non-character that makes me question how it's any better than just having a gormless silent OC like in other games - most of his fucking responses are just "...." or silence, like fucking say something you dull, bland twat. I
'm sick of looking at your dumb hair and shitty orange coat and all you do in conversations is repeat what the NPC just said as a question like a shitty Solid Snake. Custom characters died for this retard?

cringe and yikespilled

Attached: 1553402220132.png (603x628, 293K)

Anti-Sekirodrones are Anti-MHWdrones all over, dismissing every single positive thing brought up about the game and entering full rabid drone mode

I already did. I just get to the horror mage guy.

Fucking kek I'm stuck at the bull.
Yes I'm garbage at videogames.

You don't have to explore for precisely ONE type of thing is what you mean, but you do. You have named one singular thing from my post and that somehow invalidates the bunch of other things I noted, even though you are literally wrong.

God what a sad life you lead

Here let me try to roleplay as a Sekirofan

Fallout 76 is the best game ever it's a perfect 10/10.
Any criticism you have is invalid because it was already posted before and you're only seething because you're bad at the game.

>game is an action hack and slash thats trying to be different than dark souls

>game comes out
>is exactly that
>souls shit eaters: "wtf game succ why cant I cheese everything with minmaxing anymore"

Attached: 1553339647708.png (628x529, 23K)

I still have to encounter any side quest, skill tree, prosthetic tool or miniboss that you can avoid if you have a brain

Wrong.

up the cliffs of the shichimen warrior (mage guy)

Lack of online is a good thing though? Last thing anyone wanted was some fuccboy neckbeard who's played dark souls for 40000 hours to come crashing a new players experience like how is that fun? Sekiro removing it was the best decision they could have made.

>>souls shit eaters: "wtf game succ why cant I cheese everything with minmaxing anymore"

Because now you can cheese nearly everything with hit and run. So good.

you're just mad at fallout 76 because you expected a single player fallout game.

> some fuccboy neckbeard who's played dark souls for 40000 hours to come crashing a new players experience
I thought Sekiro plays nothing like Souls and is completely different in its combat?
Why would the Souls vet have an advantage?
Wouldn't he have a DISadvantage even, given that he might be stuck in his Souls ways of playing?

;)

Attached: All_That_Shit.jpg (643x820, 80K)

We'll have to agree to disagree then, because it sounds like you're unable to look past the fact it was made by the Dark Souls team.

What the fuck, it just loops me back to the depths??

Demon's Souls is overrated
Dark Souls 2 and 3 are underrated

Attached: 1536813185891.jpg (208x242, 6K)

You’re just absolutely wrong. The game establishes out to be something very specific, something set apart from the rest of its brothers, and accomplishes that goal FLAWLESSLY.

Get fucking bent nigger.

Um excuse me how do you get past the snake after you fall into the lake when he destroys the bridge

>releases a PS2 era game with no bullshit just straight up gameplay doesn’t matter if it’s easy or hard
>Yea Forums complains about how there’s no cosmetics, weapons, or exploration as if that fucking matters

Everyone zoomer in this thread deserves to be publicly hanged

3 is underrated?
I thought it was universally seen as the best game, which it is

That's not an argument, anyone with a brain explores, as you did. Well done.

>the game is SUPPOSED to have shit exploration, shit replayability and only one weapon - so it's okay!

Alright

Use your sanic speed to escape aoe

so did fallout 76

Not in the slightest, it's the same combat as dark souls but you tap lb instead of holding it, not very intuitive or forward thinking. Even a scrub could win in that situation.

Weapons change gameplay.
More weapons = good because = more variety in gameplay

Don't worry you'll understand it some day.

Why are items in the game so useless
youtube.com/watch?v=-itSoNq0WyQ&t=90

You're confusing more weapon variety being good with having one weapon being NECESSARILY bad.

Why are white phantoms appearing to fight me in old places

I was most surprised by the music being so bland, I've played asian setting games with great music (Like Okami). But there's not a single memorable track here. Is Yuka Kitamura a hack? I guess the outsourced composers on BB/DKS were the good ones?

Attached: 1548534677226.jpg (576x803, 62K)

Having one weapon isn't necessarily bad.
But in Sekiro's case, the game suffers from only having one weapon with a mediocre moveset.
You might disagree, but that's my opinion.

You fucked up by getting on the hype train

All the animations for using them are explicitly long enough for enemies to come in and hit you when they read your inputs, as every enemy does in the game, meaning a lot of the time it's a complete waste to even try

GIT. GUD.

or stay mad ;')

when I say explore, I mean looking for all the grapple points, ledges you can drop down into, open buildings, etc.

a hallway with a hole blasted into it and an item in that hole right on the main path isn't rewarding exploration

>From releases a game you can't cheese by summoning phantoms
>You actually have to adapt to the combat, play aggressive, and learn how to parry or use your spacing correctly
>some anons are Yea Forums are just completely asshurt about being exposed as shitters
Hilarious

Attached: 1551158655813.png (650x650, 10K)

Read the fucking description, you're supposed to throw shards *at* the enemies.

It is with heavy heart that I had to give Sekiro a 0/10 on Metacritic today.
I gave it a fair chance but even now near the end of it the game is still not good.

Shame.

Miyazaki also directed Armored Core, why the fuck doesn't Sekiro have giant Mecha battles? Fucking 0/10, trash garbage, worst game of the decade.

Attached: 1544068027312.png (1062x1062, 486K)

I guess I can agree, it really doesn't put a dent in to the experience for me because this is probably my favourite combat system in any game I've ever played personally. It is odd though, considering the sheer number of weapons in the game used by enemies that are so beautifully animated.

Wow how original. Only person #19348 trying to imply that everyone disliking or criticizing Sekiro is only doing so because they are "mad cuz bad cuz cant summon help".

How clever of you. Amazing rhetoric skills.

Is this the Sekiro thread?
So does resurrecting really increase dragon rot? It seems like dying in general does it

the easiest way to know if it's safe to completely disregard someone's opinion is if they talk about how souls multiplayer was good in any game except demon's souls

I quit the game once I reached that misty, foggy forest. It wasn't even THAT hard but I just lost interest in it. That place feels like a huge disconnect from what I initially thought the game was going to be like, and I feel like it's only going to get worse from there.

I just can't stay interested enough in it anymore after I realize there's no customization as well as no variety in most of your moves once you get used to them. I'd probably give it a 7.6/10 or so. worth pirating at least

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.23 - 23.11.02.04.DVR.webm (960x538, 2.95M)

How long until we can actually criticise the game's flaws without getting le git gud response?
I enjoyed the game a lot but it's far from perfect and not every criticism stems from difficulty.

I love this game, and all the seething on Yea Forums just makes me enjoy it more

Attached: 1551071672077.png (480x580, 359K)

Yeah but that isn't really how it works. Exploration is going off the beaten path, like the barrel merchant, the NPC you save from the samurai, some entire areas can be missed if you just take the path to the main objective. I just disagree with what oyre saying fundamentally.

Wow what a fucking great game.
Truly the true ninja experience.

I'm glad armor/weapons/spells and custom characters died for this atrocious stealth system that's actually more barebones than Dark Souls 1 which had Luring Skulls, Throwing Knifes, and didn't let you sneak up on enemies without walking slowly or using items.

I had plenty of fun invading people in Souls games. Bloodborne not so much but BB was amazing in its own way.

In the Souls games I spent hundreds of hours invading people though. I even made multiple characters with specific outfits at specific SL ranges just for that.
Why didn't you like it?

>ds2>sekiro
I was expecting Sengoku Souls, but it's can't be that bad.

I'm so glad the execution animation makes you invulnerable

Good bait man.
Seriously, just finish the fucking the game before you come and make these kinds of threads.
The complaints you're listing have been made since day 1, and they're neither original nor (mostly) legitimate

Probably never.
You still can't criticize MHW without having some retard console warrior call you a "seething tendie" or whatever.

how do I get good? I find the parry stuff boring and annoying but it seems like the only way. I suck at it, I'm getting my ass handed to me by the Shinobi hunter early on.

Sekiro is great, OP is just regurgitating shit that's been passed around since the first trailer

>Sekiro is one of the biggest disappointments in recent history.
Only if your a fucking loser with nothing else to look forward to in life

I expected nothing from this game and I am pleasantly surprised by it. GOTY so far

I'm near the end of the game and everything I said is legitimate. You REEEEing because other people have brought up the same thing (that should tell you it's an actual issue) doesn't change that, captain autismo.

I'm just pointing out the obvious.
I don't remember asking you for your opinion.

Attached: 1549504206212.png (494x371, 124K)

I'm still having fun. I think you've got the wrong mindset here, you gotta stop thinking of this game as a souls sequel. It gets better as you progress.
If (You) can even do that, that is.

spear cunt?
get the skill that you have to get in order to play the game, then just do it to him 4 times

>I was expecting sengoku souls
You're an idiot, also, OP is bait and this game is damn great.

You haven't played the game.
Finish it and then come back with real criticism, because most of what OP said either doesn't matter, or is just false.
It's not a Soulsborne title.

DaS>BB>DS3>Sekiro>DeS>>>>>>>>power gap>>>>>>>>>>>DS2

I don't know what to think about it. I was hyped as fuck and played literally the minute it released for 6 hours straight. I haven't launched the game since because it just didn't give me much reason to want to. I have other, more urgent games to continue on.
I have over 1000 hours combined across Soulsborne.

Attached: 75e.gif (480x270, 1.85M)

Objectively correct.

I'm almost done with the game, so yes I have. Pretty poor attempt at dismissing my criticism though.

Don't post again unless your IQ goes above room temperature.

Is that why it's a critical and commerical success?

>even the sekiro general on /vg/ is starting to agree that the game isn't quite souls/bb level of good a few days after it came out
>spastic shitposters on Yea Forums going "NO NO EVERYTHING IS WRONG UR JUST BAD THE GAME IS PERFECT"
Hmmm

My point is, Dark Souls is by no means a Stealth game nor does any of it require any stealth or is designed around stealth.

But it still has better stealth than this ninja game with stealh mechanics. It's the same developer so I expect more, not less.

Yes it does, anyone who claims otherwise either hasn't played it, or never got very far into it

Seriously, just play the game

Dark Souls 2 is the highest rated Souls game. Are you saying it's the best Souls game?

Yeah, there's definitely some things wrong with it, like hit detection, lack of weapons, screen tearing and other stuff, but otherwise it's pretty decent.
I like how you can approach combat and navigating areas in multiple ways. I'm confused about dragon-rot basically being world tendency from demon's souls, but it does make you more cautious.

Attached: 1549742527025.png (225x225, 4K)

>Zoomers unironically think Yea Forums hates souls games
Every souls game is kino except 2

parry is the equivalent of using shield in previous souls game
if you see a stab, you can dodge and then do whatever
if you see a sweep, you can jump and then do whatever
if you're panicking or not paying enough attention, you can just spam L1 to be safe
if you see ABUNAI kanji, you can press B for mikiri counter and then do whatever

>>absolutely no atmosphere in the game compared to what soulsborne brought to the table
seriously, the game would actually have atmosphere if you had to walk around everywhere, taking it all in.
One time I stopped using the grappling hook to travel for a bit and instantly noticed exploration felt way more interesting and immersive.
but too bad all the doors are fucking locked, forcing you to use it all the time.

Is there anything in the Riven Cave besides the passage to Ashine Depths? I'm going around killing monkeys

I have to admit it's a little disappointing knowing that when you look around and explore you're basically just going to find rock candy and a handful of ash.

Attached: 1552509924243.jpg (722x571, 292K)

>lack of weapons
But other people just told me that calling the lack of weapons a negative isn't valid criticism and that I'm just seething because I'm bad?
Which is it now?

I think that user is saying that other anons criticize sekiro because there is no multiplayer, and it's safe to just ignore those opinions.

Attached: 1549420991670.png (512x512, 687K)

Oh, I see. The thing is that they reused their engine, which is is fucking trash, so it doesn't accommodate for that very well. Sadly the best you can do here is just upgrade the stealth skills since they break the game and don't think about it.

A greatshield maybe, you can't block boss attacks for shit in Souls. You are always better off rolling through stuff

I mean, the game would probably have more replayability if it DID have multiplayer, would it not?

It already doesn't have different weapons or char creation which would be things contributing to replayability and making people go for a second playthrough or whatever.

That is a huge flaw of the game for sure. I forgot what you even get in Nioh for exploring since the game is just Diablo loot.

I thought sekiro has the worst rating of recent fromsoft titles

>DURR you this game is beyond critique, if you dislike it it's ONLY because of the difficulty nevermind that there's people who have completed the game and felt it was boring dogshit hurrrr

>get the Mortal Blade
>can't actually use it beyond one Combat Art and a few executions
really disappointed in that desu

Wow, almost like this isn't a Souls game anymore and should stop playing it with the expectations of a Souls game

>Which is it now
Whatever you think it is.
Personally, I like how there's multiple fighting styles you can learn, and the upgrades to the prosthetic arm let you approach combat in different ways.
Even if you only have one sword, there's lots of different fighting styles, and everyone plays with their own playstyle, usually.

You really are not allowed to criticize anything in Sekiro. Exploration, setting, atmosphere, weapons (or lack thereof), the stealth part of it, the level design, the seemingly random placement of preset grapple points or who knows what.

Doesn't matter. Nothing is valid, everything is a lie and you're just "mad because you can't summon help to kill bosses for you".
Yea Forums is amazing like that.

Attached: 1536816291023.jpg (500x401, 155K)

>huge ogre leaps at me
>dodge to the side
>tracks me perfectly & hits me
Fucking hate this meme
in das3 you could basically just backstep to the side & dodge a lot of attacks without having to roll

you can still do that, except it's jumping away instead of dodging

>Oh boy, if only we knew.
>names things we knew

BASED, this game is the God Hand of this gen, the same babbys who are crying right now will be saying it's their favorite game to appear hardcore in the future

Attached: 1515269138902.png (1162x850, 85K)

Never had an intresst in 76 or Anthem from the start, not my kind of vidya. Most of the things you dislike are cause this is not a Dark Souls or Bloodborne game, it was marketed with that in mind from the start so stop complaining that it was not a Soulsborn game. I like the game and i agree with a few of your points like that the stealth in the game is bare bone asf. The rock papper scissor combat is how it was advertised, and it is also just with a few enemies, like the apperition type enemies. I do agree that the you mostly spam parry, with the Centipede boss i just spam block. Not against the other ones, they punish you in the long run if you are not careful. I also think that there was just a few prostetic weapons, not many cool ones. AND JUST THREE NINJUTSU moves? That is lame, the are cool but just three? Come on.

BB---DES---DS1----Sekiro----DS3----DS2. I love all of these games but this is my rating.

What if I didn't expect a Souls game but just expected a great Miyazaki game and was disappointed because I think it isn't all that great?

I also fucking hate how you can only hang from ledges that have semen dripping off it

>oh you see this cliff wall?
>can't hang from it, no semen
>oh that rooftop ledge?
>does it have semen?
>no?
>too bad, you can hang from the one under it though, look at all that semen

so it's overrated?

I can't tell if that list is best first or best last, because either way it's horrible

HOW DO I DO GUARDIAN APE FIGHT
HE BODIES ME INSTANTLY AND I CANT GET HITS IN

I feel like person A made the levels and then some person B was told to "go over it" and "place some usable ledges and grapple points" without care.
Like sometimes some spot has so many grapple points immediately next to each other it makes no sense. And then the exact same "set piece" of architecture shortly after has none at all.

>void

God Hand is actually fun, though.

>Is Yuka Kitamura a hack?
Of course she fucking is, have you heard Dark Souls 3's soundtrack? Can you hum ONE tune from that shitty soudntrack?
The most memorable part of it were the 3 piano notes at Soul of Cinder that came straight from Gwyn's theme, and the first seven notes (two seconds) of Sister Friede.

To this day everyone remembers every single tune of Demon's Souls soundtrack, and most of Dark Souls 1.

Bloodborne's soundtrack also sucks.

DS1>>BB>>DS2>>DS3>>Sekiro
the only true rating.

Why do people dislike DS3 so much?

This is the main thing people keep forgetting.
I actually kinda got burnt out on invading in dark souls. It's great until it turned into people just setting up gank squads with copy paste builds no matter what soul level you're at.
There's no originality any more. When it first came out, the multiplayer was great. Now you can't invade in one single area in ds3 without the host getting escorted by 2 phantoms, and having blue phantoms show up on top of that.
It's just sad watching people get carried through the ENTIRE game.
There's nothing wrong with that, but I just don't understand why so many people would play the game like that.
Can't even do joke invasions and drop black knight weapons (my favorite) anymore because of the paranoia caused by hackers permanently fucking up your character.

Attached: 1549936056884.png (967x1400, 249K)

They need to get rid of all the asset reuse and shitty engine baggage and Souls gameplay if they want people to view this as "not a Souls game"

DS1>BB>DeS>Sekiro=DS3>>>>>>>>DS2

A lot of sekiro bosses are r1 spam though.

Really it's more that games like Souls and Sekiro just attract some of the worst types of people to them. That user is right, the vast majority of people are just slogging their way through this game so they can brag that they beat it. Never mind that most of these people will finish the game with 500+ deaths under their belt and cheesed everything, they'll just brag about how they didn't find it hard because they aren't a casual.
I enjoy a challenge in games, most people do. But seriously fuck you if you think you're a better player because you waded through 50 hours of shit to beat a game.

because it's linear souls

Then you're not a moron like these people putting it in souls rating lists.

The thing with Souls games for me is that they're not ALL about the gameplay.

I mean yes gameplay is the most important part of a video game by far, sure, but Souls games consist of so much more. Just the "feeling" of the world. The way you move around in it, find things and so on. The entire audiovisual experience.
And Sekiro doesn't really do that well imo.

Yes yes I know Sekiro is not a "Souls" game.

>ogre can one shot you with multiple moves
>takes 80 odd hits to kill
>game punishes you every time you die

Fuck this game.

Yes.

DS1 > Demon's Souls = Bloodborne > DS2 > DS3 > Sekiro.

but thats wrong.
ds1>>bb>>sekiro>>ds3>>>>>>>>>>ds2

Attached: 1514431347664.jpg (570x570, 29K)

they removed i-frame on dodge/roll and parry doesn't always work, so there isn't a single tool that works in every situation now

>Everyone will shit on cod, fifa, ass creed but as soon as FROM makes a game that's slightly different you're all crying.
People aren't asking for a fifa game without a football in it though, they're just asking for the game to not be lazily made with gamebreaking bugs and no graphics improvements in 5 years.

Dark Souls 3 PvP was shit from launch, It was always a 3/4v1 in the host's favour

What? Sekiro does that pretty well for It's setting I think you just like the apocalyptic feel of ds

I'd be able to live with you ranking Sekiro above DS2 (though I don't), but to rank it above DS3 or any other is just ridiculous.

This, brother. So much this.

The world, the setting, the exploration, the environmental storytelling, the atmosphere, the lore, the music, the sound design, the voice acting, the flavor text, the art direction, the level design, the NPCs.

Sekiro has zero care put in all of this. Only the combat is good, and even that has its issues.

>tfw no god hand sequel
>no viewtiful joe 3
>no mad world 2
RIP clover studios.

Attached: 1550017759932.png (303x305, 101K)

Yep, just another reason sekiro is way harder than any other from game and Yea Forums is assblasted over it

Attached: 1420950363257s.jpg (226x168, 5K)

Is this meant to be a bad thing?

I mean, does it though?
You fly around the level with your grapple and the only shit you ever find aside from fancy consumable containers occasionally (aka prosthetics) is sugar and ceramic shards en masse.
Yeah pretty much how I feel, glad someone out there agrees.

kys soulsnigger

I'm enjoying Sekiro a lot but this two-apes-at-once boss can go fuck itself. The smaller ape would die super quickly if I was constantly getting swiped by shit I can't see by the big one. This isn't fun at all; it seems like how things go when the second ape appears is based on sheer chance of what the big one will do.

>tree off a cliff
>oh hey it'll lead to some goodies
>grapple to it
>look under it
>look around
>nothing else remotely close to grapple to other than back where I came from
>literal dead fucking end
????????????????????

Andromeda was like half a year after the election, newfriend...

>one (1) weapon
>no armor
>no stats
>no character creation
>no online in a 2019 game from From
>reused shit like throwing knives treated like a brand new exciting innovation
>boring environments
>enemies are all 5' japanese pig farmers, with a few 5'8" giants thrown to break up the manlet monotony
>gimp arm
>infested with muh difficulty fags when it's literally the easiest and most shallow From game in over a decade and you literally just spam parry to win
>B-BUT SPAMMING THE ATTACK BUTTON IS MINDLESS FUCKING DARK SOULS FAGS

>we thought
No "we" didn't, the second people started to get excited for it, half of Yea Forums was frothing at the mouth to find things to criticize so they could call it objectively shit. Just like every other major game that comes out.

Attached: 6c3.jpg (649x480, 42K)

I'm the opposite, I just thought the atmosphere was cool but wanted way more out of the swordplay, Sekiro is actually closer to what I wanted out of a new From game

>To this day everyone remembers every single tune of Demon's Souls soundtrack, and most of Dark Souls 1.
Facts and truths!
Remebr them all and still one of my fav video ost of all time.

>hating bloodborne
Plebeian
Blood borne has its good tracks that are very memorable,but i admit not all of them stick with you liek demon souls does.

Cleric beast
Marias musix
Gernham
and ludwigs themes are the ones i always remember the most

How come Yea Forums likes DMC5 so much more than Sekiro though?
Maybe there is something to it?
DMC5 completely delivered on everything people wanted from it.
Sekiro didn't.

*ahem*
FUCK SOULSHIT
FUCK BARFBORNE
FUCK CLUNKY COMBAT
AND FUCK SOULSNIGGERS

THANK YOU

Attached: 1540933444745.jpg (182x276, 9K)

READ
THE
FUCKING
THREAD.
And use fire crackers.

ds1>bb>ds3>sekiro>ds2>des
I liked sekiro alot, but I was feeling some of those points.
Game got good after killing the corrupted monk. Also the last boss (Isshin) made me want to die so that's great. It got really good in the end.

Usually when you see "Dead ends" like that, you're meant to access them from an entirely different area, and use them to unlock shortcuts to a previous area.
The only time that actually fucked with me was when you're going through that temple place after the abandoned dungeon and you have to jump down and hang off a ledge, then continue.
Some places look like dead ends, but it's just hidden really well.

Attached: 1548982479025.jpg (720x960, 39K)

>Maybe there is something to it?
edgy limp bizkit linkin park children who never grew up love that shit.

so fuck good gameplay?

>You haven't played the game.
The only defense sekirofags have is this strawman. Seemingly, they know too that the game is shit seeing as they can't come up with a counter argument that isn't insulting someones skill or pretending the guy didn't play the game.

>Bloodborne's soundtrack also sucks
Objectively wrong
>Mergo's wet nurse
>Gascoigne
>Living Failures
>Ludwig
>Gehrman
>Maria
>Ebrietas
Sekiro's soundtrack is shit though.

>it's another wojak
yeah im not reading shit you fucking faggot

>Maybe something like Bloodborne but in an Egyptian/Aztec/Maya setting

That would be absolutely kino.
Ancient Egypt Bloodborne 2 fuck yes.

>t. died to ogre

>waaaaaaah mommy it's different
I fixed your post for you faggot

It's a fine defense for anyone using Ops arguments, because they're wrong, invalid or make no sense because that post was written before anyone had even played the game.

Why the fuck do people think sekiro is a souls game it shouldnt be compared to souls as much as it is. Its farther from souls game than Nioh. Every game from soft puts out doesnt have to be souls

Would be based as fuck. Wielding farming implements as weapons. Fighting feral half-man, half-dingo anubis monsters. Endless pyramid dungeons. Mummies and shit. Fuck I'm hard as a rock.

If they hadn't made dark souls, where do you think FROM would be now? They certainly would not be getting the kind of attention they have been, chances are they wouldn't even be making games anymore because no one bought their games prior to souls.

more
>your complaints are just because it's not souls
garbage

Soulshit always had horrid clunky gameplay, the gameplay itself was never the main attraction. It was always about worldbuilding, setting, and interesting mechanics around the core gameplay, but most importantly doing things differently from the rest of the current developers. Which is completely lost when you churn out shitty sequels like some CoD trash.

Well, it wasn't to anyone with good taste anyway, Reddit fucking loves it because the game is "hard" in a way that can become easier without actually putting in effort to get better. Enemy pattern memorization is basically the way forward in Soulshit, doesn't matter if you're awful, as long as you die enough to the boss to memorize the patterns, you'll get by. This is why they sperg out at Sekiro so hard, memorizing patterns doesn't work as well, and that makes them face reality.

>because they're wrong, invalid or make no sense
lol @ you
every single thing in the OP is correct and you've done zero to prove otherwise

It is the GOTY

>Souls games
>Good gameplay
Play more games.

Proving my point.

Nice counter troll sekirofag.

By the same metric, you'd naturally argue that sekiro has good gameplay, right?

The gameplay gets more fun the better you get. You only call it "clunky" because you don't know how to fucking play.
>parries
I win

Play more games.

I didn't ask for this

Attached: 20190324150953_1.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

HOLY SHIT THAT STUPID FUCKING ORGE LUNGE HAS TRACKING

>Yea Forums was NEVER excited for this game
are you ok?

In a post Soulsborne world, Miyazaki's latest creation fails to impress and Sekiro stands as nothing but a glib facsimile - Armond White

Is he right?

Attached: 1543137832407.jpg (400x400, 32K)

what are you supposed to do with the crying monk?

Ps4 controller worked yesterday but when I tried loading it today with x360ce/DS4 the mapping is all wrong?? Anyone have this problem?

Attached: angryswede.jpg (242x301, 18K)

BB=Sekiro>Ds1>DeS>DS2>>>>>Ds3

no
sekiro isnt a soulsborne

Extremely cringe, yikes and oof

Perfect example of a Soulsfag right here: "you don't like it because you can't git gud". First off you assume Soulshit is hard, which shows you're an underage, a causal, or both, because they are only harder than the most mainstream trash franchises, anyone with better taste than that has played plenty of harder games. Secondly, you indirectly brag about your skills at Soulshit and try to use that as credit towards your argument, again this shows Soulshit is very appealing to internet faggot cred people (the kind very common on Reddit), because it's "hard" while still letting these skill-less talent-less subhumans beat it and therefore get more "gamer cred" (the most blatant examples of people acting like this are gaymur gurls, for example).

DeS and DaS were good, but the community is some of the most cancer-infested of all.

>Extremely cringe, yikes and oof

Attached: 1552275662822 reddit.png (480x424, 381K)

>Dark Souls 2 in Japan
Fuck me it is isn't it
lmao

Attached: 2017-04-23 21.02.40.png (720x742, 556K)

>it's not souls
Not having the features souls has is not a valid criticism

disabling VSYNC to reduce input lag just makes the game have terrible screen tearing, is there a fix yet?

DS2 was actually good, so no.

TIME FOR SNUSNU

use gpu vsync

Attached: Sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 01.56.07.34.jpg (2560x1440, 1.3M)

This is bullshit

Attached: 20190324152230_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

By all means tell us how saying something like
>half-assed stealth aspect
or
>no replayability

aren't legit things to say. In no way do these equal "It's not Souls so I don't like it".

dark souls 2 without weapons, armor or multiplayer in japan

I'm really enjoying Sekiro a lot but there is one major issue I have with it and it's the same with the soulsborne games by fromsoft. The input is so goddamn leniet. I fucking hate how when you press dodge/roll twoce but the second one doesn't come out and after the first roll you might realize you want to do some other shit but because you mistimed the input for the second roll a little too early you gotta commit to it anyways. Is there a way to fix this shit?

Attached: 1539987039477.gif (600x600, 93K)

I don’t know why people rate DS1 so highly when it turns to shit after getting the lordvessel

Finding new outfits was pointless because armor does jackshit in souls and most weapons were useless. People are just mad this isn't dark souls

that's intentional, so no

hows the performance? anyone playing this on a potato pc?

Yeah the input queuing in these games makes me want to fucking die
>press use item button
>nothing happens
>press again
>uses 2 items

Attached: disbelief sam.gif (220x392, 2.38M)

Good thing it isn't a soulsgame, huh?

wana know how I can tell you never played the game?

Answer the question please.

pirates btfo

What bosses? Can't recall any that you can just spam R1 and win

>zero weapons to find

Attached: this is your home now.jpg (1240x786, 227K)

I said no.

You need to check the "hide ds4" in settings, if that's not it I don't know sadly

having half of the game be good is still much better than having nothing be good

>every game must have a ton of new weapons
Why, exactly?

Yeah man. The fact that it isn't a Souls game makes all those points invalid.

Now that it isn't a Souls game Sekiro doesn't need dumb things like weapon/gameplay variety, replayability, fun and worthwhile exploration, a good atmosphere and world or anything.
Based!

Attached: 1543624275302.png (352x352, 250K)

So sekiro has bad gameplay according to you.

already did that

>no multiplayer because they knew the usual souls netcode couldn't handle precise parrying
>almost every miniboss room is filled with 5-10 mobs which makes it tedious for multiple tries
>exploring for that 90th sugar piece or ceramic shard isn't very exciting
>no gear even if purely cosmetic
>prosthetic weapons are just for countering that specific enemy

yeah not gonna replay this, what were they thinking?

>NO DON'T DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT JUST GIVE ME THE EXACT SAME THING I'VE HAD BEFORE IT'LL NEVER GET STALE I PROMISE
Cuck Shills fags are in full COPE mode right now, LOL

Attached: 1364794024927.gif (300x203, 2.52M)

It's not a souls game, it's not a good game either.

When "something different" just amounts to "everything is worse than that other game you made just before it" then uhhmm... yeah... we have a problem..

Attached: 1551726660960.gif (500x516, 152K)

Making things different by taking more things away than you put new things into a game is not a positive.

mad cuz bad

MEA and NMS were just newfags trying to recreate TORtanic. fuck off newshit

For From standards, it's still shit

Why would they do that? makes the game way less fun. You should be punished for pressing the wrong things from when you are neutral no doubt but that's different. I hope someday there is a hack or something that cuts it because it's annoying and I feel it ruins the experience more than anything

this had the best armor and hitboxes in the series

>game incentivizes parrying to an excessive degree, meaning that every play through will require to play exactly the same as the last time
>fast spring speed and grapple lets you just run away from any fight that goes badly, making you feel like you're cheesing the game although the game's design incentivizes being nimble
>stealth also makes you feel like you're cheesing the game, not satisfying in the slightest

I don't even feel like exploring new optional areas, let alone replaying the whole game again.

>NOOOO IT'S NOT SOULS IT'S NOT STOP YOU CAN'T JUST LOOK AT HOW THEY DID SOMETHING IN THEIR PREVIOUS GAMES AND THINK THEY DID IT BETTER THEN THAN THEY DO IT NOW IN THEIR NEW GAME NOOOOOOOO

far better than DeS or DaS, only DaS3 competed with DaS2 for PvP

based

>drop down
>backstab one enemy
>kill another
>grapple away
>wait
>repeat until only miniboss left
>backstab miniboss
>fight him now that he's alone and half hp
>die and resurrect because why not
>you did it :)

Gotta be honest seeing all these people turn on Sekiro after a few days and pointing out its flaws is nice.

Maybe there is hope for Yea Forums after all, some good taste still to be found.

Yes and the very best From PvP is still shit PvP. If you want unbalanced medieval weapons melee PvP there is For Honor now. While that is also shit, it's a lot better than anything you can get out of Souls PvP

It incentivizes being methodical and not mashing.

>>NO DON'T DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT JUST GIVE ME THE EXACT SAME THING I'VE HAD BEFORE IT'LL NEVER GET STALE I PROMISE JUST PUT A COUPLE OF NEW BELLS AND WHISTLES SO IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOU'RE OUT OF IDEAS
This is the best you cuck shills fags can offer? LOL, how sad

From struck gold once with Souls and has done well reiterating on it.

Now they try to do something "different" aka just removing features and making it worse all around and we're supposed to be hyped?

Mad because you can't get passed Lady Butterfly aren't you.

Attached: PeriodicClassicGourami-small.gif (435x250, 956K)

>it's not exactly what I personally wanted, therefor bad!
Fucking manbaby. You were aware of everything you posted if you paid ANY attention to the game at all. If you knew all that and still went into it, that's your fault. How the fuck do people not know their own tastes in vidya by now? Congratulations, you're the cancer that big studios market towards because you'll buy whatever you see on the front of /r/gaming just to fit in with everybody else. Epic thread, faggot.
This, game is pure casual filter and pretty god damn good if you persevere past the learning curve.
Stay mad, babbies who did nothing but turtle, overlevel, and spam pre-nerf lightnight attacks in souls games.

Absolutely not
for honor is complete fucking garbage with all the desyncs, unblockable moves & shit cheese tactics

>passed
Stay in school

Why is it so hard? Just got shat on by a bunch of dogs/wolves right after the first bonfire thing.

Attached: feels tired.jpg (235x214, 14K)

Take you a little more seriously if you weren't posting with a literal NAZI avatar you fucking troll.

What a trash comeback.

It doesn’t have any of that, except for one weapon. And, yes. It’s supposed to have one weapon.

What were you expecting coming in? All the game footage prior to release should have been enough to give you an idea of exactly why the game was gonna be like.

I'd give her my gourd seeds

bro you're just not pressing LB at the right times bro, git gud. Just press LB because that's the only thing you'll be doing for the rest of the game

>For Honor
>the game were literal tournaments were won with spamming the same two moves over and over and taking advantage of glitches in elevation
>the game where the creative director came out on stage and told the winner he'd have to change his playstyle because they had so much work to do to fix wonky unplayable shit
Bahahahhahahahahahahaha

Attached: 1387856113420.jpg (221x195, 17K)

Id give her my gourd seeds

>it's the PvPfag again
Get a trip or something so we can track you and give you a name already

>common enemies deal lots of damage, double that for mini-bosses
>early on you only have 2 flask uses, and they give only give half of your health bar
>because of your frailty, you'd instinctually dodge enemy attacks and stay out of range because doing otherwise would be an insta-death if you fuck up

>"NO YOU HAVE TO STAND CLOSE TO PARRY IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO WIN, IF YOU MISS THEN YOU'RE BAD"

I'd enjoy this game a lot more if it was more forgiving with it's healing system. Getting one-shot by the fucking Chained Ogre over and over again isn't fun

Attached: 1536527773385.gif (250x250, 192K)

>What were you expecting coming in?
A good game considering it's made by Miyazaki and From.
What a letdown.

DMCucks are so angry at this game lol

>tfw you have to learn how to play the game

Yeah you're not supposed to parry the fucking ogre dude, just sprint around it and hit and run if you don't have fire.

pop in one of those candies that increase your resistance to attacks for a while, you might be able to take in a few more hits from the ogre

but that's not what I've been taught by the game. I've been taught to parry, not dodge.

I thought that at first too and suddenly I just got good. Not bullshitting you here, after you learn the game it actually becomes kinda easy save for a couple bosses.

Here's a HOT TIP for you:
Deflecting, jumping, running and attacking are all TOOLS you use according to the SITUATION.

Some guys are parry heavy, some are better dodged.

Wow, what a strange concept eh?

>>common enemies deal lots of damage
no they fucking don't
you need to get hit like 80 times for them to kill you and you can start blocking at any point in that chain

just don't bother deflecting & the game becomes stupid easy, just keep holding block button and you can't die to normal enemies

>FROM changes nothing
>FUCKING REHASH SHIT, MYAZAKI YOU HACK

>FROM changes some things
>WOW NO FUCKING SOUL WHATSOEVER
You epic gamers sure do make me laugh.

This reminds me too much of early Metal Gear Rising shitposting, that means the game must be good. Pirating rn.

>>FUCKING REHASH SHIT, MYAZAKI YOU HACK
has anyone said this?

>go to regular pizza place
>ask him to make me something different since I always just get pepperoni
>he shits on my plate
>"why are you complaining, didn't you want something different?"

>>FUCKING REHASH SHIT, MYAZAKI YOU HACK
Said no one. I WANT them to just keep making Soulsborne games. It's the only thing they can do.

Sekiro didn't "change" things for the better, all it did was remove features.

MGR is a good game, unlike Sekiro
Although the non-bossfight parts of it were snoozefests

>zero weapons or armor sets to find
That's a positive
Who cares
Odd enemies are boring killing humans is fun

Attached: nip girl in snow.jpg (768x1024, 77K)

but attacking normally deals so little damage, it's like fighting Havel right after getting to Undead Burg. Clearly it's better for me to parry mini-bosses since it takes less time.

It's just bad game design if I have to be asking these fucking questions.

BARRY
A
R
R
Y

>WHY ISN'T IT DARK SOULS?
There you go OP, that's all you need to post next time.

>his best argument is comparing the game to shit on a plate
No wonder you complainers will never be taken seriously.

Yeah I guess for some people it is.
You may not like it, but it’s not bad.
In fact, it’s pretty fucking best.
Fuck off cunt.

Chained Ogre was the easiest shit.
Butterfly bitch took 5 hours.

>That's a positive
Stopped reading and will never again read a post from you

How do I kill armored knight? I cant finish him with deathblow.

>Little damage
>So I'll parry because it takes less time
>But then I die so it actually ends up taking more time

Wow
Man, you are just plain bad, admit it.
You can even cheese him by running away and stealthitting 1 heart right off the bat.

>it's not an RPG so it's bad

Attached: 1482881720169.png (575x457, 508K)

Use your brain.

>oh you dodged my FUCK YOU sweep attack by jumping? Here, let me follow up with a swing that you have to block while letting you hit me only 2 times
How do I kill him (without cheesing)? Just persevering and chipping his vitality away?

>this game hard you die lol
didnt happen til dark souls 2 child, challenging does not mean bullshit

hiroshimoot ate my image

Attached: 20190324214912_1.jpg (2560x1440, 503K)

When you deathblow him he stumbles back.
You're on a bridge with no railings.

Attached: fromcucks.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

use snap seeds

>Because you can accidentally press it mid combat
lmao fucking retard. how do you fix YOU accidnetally pressing it faggot? How would you solve that? Youre just gonna press another button by accident you dumb nigger.

Holy fuck

from could make the adventures of cookie & cream 2 and retards would find a way to spin it into a referendum on souls.

GIT
FUCKING
GUD

you moronic Wokjack shitposter

>his best argument is either

>git gud lol
>dude it's not supposed to be soulsborne
>you've already said this complaint

>expect a feudal japan shinobi game
>got a reskinned dark souls fith a couple new gimmicks

Attached: 1533523040526.png (481x511, 132K)

I haven't played it yet but I can say for sure any complaints made from people who are ragging about no customizations/builds are the same people who insist Dark Souls 1 is the pinnacle of video games only after the PC port came out

Attached: 20190323_225950.jpg (4032x2268, 1.61M)

>finally comes out on every console and PC
>TOO HARD

ITS CAPRA DEMON ALL OVER AGAIN
PCFAGS LITERALLY CANNOT PLAY GAMES

>Contra
>hard

>normal and sane person writes up a long post with a list of criticism and thoughts on what Sekiro could have done better

>autistic shitforbrains monkey barges in and takes a deep breath
>"NOOOO YOU JUST WANT IT TO BE SOULS NOTHING YOU SAID IS VALID YOU'RE JUST MAD CUZ BAD THIS GAME IS PERFECT HAHA SOULSDRONES BTFO IT'S GOOD THAT THIS GAME DOESN'T HAVE WEAPONS OR REPLAYABILITY OR ANY ONLINE NONE OF THOSE MATTER U NEVER PLAYED THE GAME REEEE"

Attached: 1525105656241.png (693x693, 637K)

>This is the best you cuck shills fags can offer?
What is a cuck shill fag even? I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue anymore, how do you get this far down the rabbithole?

My argument was that they have not done that much different except remove and strip down the souls genre without substituting the stripped down parts with new elements.

how do you defend having fun?

Its not that the game is hard, which is fine. Its HOW its hard. The actual gameplay is boring and fails to draw in the player.

contra isn't that hard with the lives cheat
ghosts & goblins on the other hand, jesus christ
couldn't even beat it with a savestate at the start of each level
ninja gaiden is nice, but there's too much bullshit like "enemy spawns mid jump and you have to land on first pixel of platform and immediately kill them to not die"

he tells you when you deathblow him enough times

This game becomes ludo once you figure out the combat
R1 them till they perfect parry you then counter parry them back
Charged thrust/spear through guards
Shuriken on jumping
Also you are a blocking god, anything without 危 signs is parriable even attacks from giant beasts.

bringing up mhw out of nowhere makes it very obvious how much of the anti-sekiro shitposting is coming from the switch discord because it's exclusively not on the switch.

>game is pure casual filter
This is actually a great way to describe it.

Attached: 1551751712972.png (800x800, 183K)

no you literally cannot lmao

Nice shit taste. DaS 2 and ESPECIALLY 3 are garbage in comparison.

Fuck thats what i tought

based

Thanks, I'll try that.

This game is just a chore, I don't know how much longer I can keep playing before one day I just don't boot it up and forget about it.

Attached: 20190324193345_1.jpg (1920x1080, 484K)

like you right?

I figured out the combat and still find Sekiro lacking.
I mean, the game's issues are not just gameplay related. In fact that's the one thing it does kinda well, but it's so lacking in all other ways.

the combat itself is the worst part, the whole thing revolving around parrying and posture makes it so tedious to play

it really just feels like an improved version of the witcher 3's swordfights where enemies block all your attacks if you don't time them right, then they stun you and attack, the combat is based around doing counters rather than skill or strategy

just boring desu

dude just git gud
dude you just expected it to be a soulsborne game, it's not trying to be

Outfits and gear would be cool but I don't miss online and all the faggotry that came with it

Attached: 1552837122180.png (462x372, 5K)

why you guys even try? just enjoy the games and fuck off

so what's your point? do you want from to turn into a rich man's game freak, just churning out annual souls rehashes and never deviating from the formula?

>the God Hand of this gen
Not even fucking close in any way, shape or form. God Hand is basically the best character action game ever made, and kept hidden from all but autists by way of a pure shit wrapping. Sekiro is a Tenchu soulsborne, not even the same department.

I bet you only play games like dwarf fortress and have a rage boner against everything that has more than 2 bits of graphics

>dude why do you even criticize something? just enjoy it
Woah

This is the basedest post Yea Forums has had in 2019 yet
Congratulations

What the fuck are you talking about?

I perfect frame parry in this game every time, without crouching. Bosses drop like flies to me. You're the one standing a the guardian ape's terror scream and BEING hit by it. How are you that bad that you can't either break him out of it or dodge it entirely.

I've no hit the majority of bosses in this game because it was so fucking easy, and here you are angrily gripping your controller with no finesse because you can't coordinate your hands properly to press LB in time without pressing LS.

You're a dumb nigger brainlet. Get fucking good.

A lot of your complaints apply to Bloodborne as well if you're comparing it to the Souls series and yet it ranks 2nd best?

Attached: dog.jpg (186x178, 12K)

FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee

Attached: 1539017980429.png (425x690, 499K)

Holy shit. Thanks, user. I had only 3 on me but they were the push I needed. I guess they also work on all ghost-type enemies, right?

Attached: 20190324221006_1.jpg (2560x1440, 564K)

Sorry, try playing the game next time so your opinions can be remotely specific about something related to the game itself and not your bias.

I get you. The game plays fucking great but I feel the atmosphere isn't as good. The battle music in normal areas is repetitive as hell and actually took away from the experience. They should have just kept music for minibosses and bosses and have simple taiko drum beats when you get detected
I don't mind the lack of equipment and weapons but the absolute worst thing about them being gone is that almost every item you pick up is just some boring consumable shit
I want to read more lore and find more shit, that's why I explore in souls games. Hell even Nioh did this better with the dead spirits and their memories, maybe Sekiro should have more lore pickups

>just enjoy it
dude 500iq

did you also "just enjoy" fallout 76 and anthem?

have fun fighting the real version of that guy with 3 health bars later

this is why i hate reddit

Attached: bcbb.png (761x145, 19K)

Is this game playable on m/kb or i should spend money on shitty xbox controller?

nice incorrect samefag attribution

IT'S NOT THE SAME GAME.

Dont get why people are hating the game, im having a blast, I like it more than the soulsbourne games, any tips on this guy.

Attached: 20190324151106_1.jpg (2560x1440, 536K)

Yeah if only it was, then it'd be good.

>tfw just uninstalled

Good thing I pirated this shit too. How can you honestly stand to go through the same levels and dying to the same shit dozens of times like autists?

Attached: feelsgood.jpg (329x357, 20K)

Fuck off nigger.

Imagine being bad and dying to the same shit dozens of times.

WARNING

This is a falseflag post made by a Sekirodrone to paint people criticizing Sekiro as seething shitters who are only mad because they keep getting bodied

Do not fall for their tricks.

a refund?

Even if you deflect him he chips health away, wait until you see his sword shine a little because he's about to attack, dodge left and R1 him
If you dodge right he's still able to sweep you a little so dodge left every time

that feeling when you just enter the zone, i was struggling with the centipede/giraffe ninja fight, then one try it just clicked and i parried every move perfectly

Tips? He has only one move, learn the timing and he'll drop dead 5 sec flat.

Maybe you shouldn't have done the same thing over and over after each death like a dumbass. It's understandable, though, usually taking a break and trying again after a couple hours helps

Nah, man. I hated Dork Souls for its artificial difficulty and I have no idea why I expected anything else from Sekiro. At least Dork Souls had some pretty cool areas.

ds is anything but artificial difficulty, its pretty fair , you can fall off a ledge so can the bosses, etc

Essentially this. Yea Forums has once again been outed for being shit at vidya.

Fought him early today, it's pretty easy. His meter builds like crazy.

Attached: just_parry_lmao.webm (772x434, 2.08M)

Zero gravity souls

>having fun going full sprint hack n slash retard through areas, dying a lot though
>figure out how to play good at bosses
>game suddenly becomes a boring chore and i can't get myself to enjoy it because of health sponge

i kinda wish i was still bad at the game, its too easy now but also a boring chore because of how long it takes and repeating the same motions

Attached: 1376427690374.jpg (720x540, 25K)

Stop thinking of enemies as health bars and focus on the posture meter, it's what did it for me.

>same thing over and over

You mean spamming L1 to parry? Unless you're frame-perfect, you lose 1/3 of your HP even from trash mobs and that's just bullshit.

So, the Seath fight was fair with that curse bullshit and the longest boss run in the game? The Artorias fight was fair with the retarded hit detection? The stray demon fight was fair with his fat ass nuking everything in sight? The Gwyn fight was fair with his constant combos and ridiculous boss run? Yeah, nah, cunt.

Fuck wrong thread, ignore that.

I keep seeing so much talk about how criticisms arent being taken seriously about Sekiro. But what actually are the criticism? Don't just say something like "atmosphere sucks, combat sucks." Elaborate. Use specific examples and discuss these systems in the context of the games design. What are your criticisms?

>I don't like that it's different than soulsbourne
>So many sengoku japan games rite guyz?
>Actual critique
>Actual critique
I haven't played it so I'm not defending it's quality, but this is exactly the type of non-critique I expected. Any time a studio takes a lateral move from a popular series everyone whines about how it's different without explaining why the differences are actually bad.

>this revisionism

Do you really need to be told why having only 1 weapon is worse than having, say, 8 different weapons all with their own move sets?

Do you also need your mommy to help you poopy?

>seath
didn't it show you what it did before you even fought him? are you a fucking retard
>The Artorias fight was fair with the retarded hit detection
???
bet you just always let him power up & got pissed when he shit on you
>The stray demon fight was fair with his fat ass nuking everything in sight
really nigga, STRAY DEMON?
HOLY FUCK LMAO NIGGA
>The Gwyn fight was fair with his constant combos and ridiculous boss run
why would you hate on the best boss in the game

>disliking lack of enemy variety
>durpadurp is no sulsburn

Why it it so important theres 8 weapons? That would change how they'd have to design enemies since they'd need to account for 8 different movesets.

better yet, can you give an example where the moveset provided by the game isnt sufficient, and its a flaw that there arent more weapons?

Never liked soulshit games but this one is good

Man, the problem with that fucker is the camera if anything. When will From fix that piece of shit?
Almost couldn't reply because of the captcha, FUCK YOU HIRO.

Cuphead was hard but fair. Soulkiroborne is just autistic.

Attached: dab frog.png (554x400, 66K)

>FUCK YOU MOOT
Who?

>isn't sufficient
What a retarded approach.
It's not sufficient because the one moveset is boring as fuck and having only that means this game has zero replayability

The stealth is completely braindead and barely functional despite it being a huge part of the game. It feels like playing a bethesda game except you start with 100 sneak from the get go.
The actual combat is alright if a bit too rigid in how you're supposed to do things, but boss fights drag on for far, far too long despite losing your focus for even a second being hugely punishing. There's some good ones like Genichiro but most of them suck.
Sword arts are mostly worthless, I can think of one single instance where one of them has been good.
Prosthetic tools are again mostly useless EXCEPT using the right tool to deal with specific enemy types, which is fine except enemies weak to specific things are rather rare and are usually just random mooks you should be stealth killing anyway.
Also the camera is absolutely atrocious and whoever decided that getting to close to a wall should break lock on should be hanged.

Game's just boring and unfun.
I got far enough to consolidate my opinion so all the "u just died to lady butterfly xd" shitposters don't bother me.

Attached: 1552414162423.jpg (2048x2002, 468K)

Lmfao look at this noob who thinks his “rankings” mean anything. This is some of the most pathetic shit I’ve seen on Yea Forums in awhile. It’s almost art

>it's another autist seething over sekiro thread

git gud

Not as pathetic as your post
Get dabbed on loser

OH SHIT

Sekiro is not a souls game. Not only it doesn't belong to the series, but it's a different type of game altogether, more in line with an action adventure title ala Tenchu. Miyazaki even said the project started as a Tenchu game and then evolved into something more.
Everyone dissapointed with this game expected something the devs never intended, and oh boy they've said it dozens of time prior to the release.
It's not the first time From makes something that isn't a souls-like, and I don't see why that's a bad thing. I'm having a great time so far.