If only the shotgun were stronger it would be perfect

If only the shotgun were stronger it would be perfect.

Attached: SS.jpg (400x400, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.4gamer.net/games/219/G021992/20190320092/
youtube.com/watch?v=-1wHgiLQz-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=LbY24cvelFw
steamcommunity.com/groups/serioussaturdayswithv
youtube.com/watch?v=XffB0iPIs9M
croteam.itch.io/tormental
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee486bo07KI
youtube.com/watch?v=oj_SZEzKpH8
youtube.com/watch?v=85rjt3lSZRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh yeah imagine if there was another shotgun or something that can kill Kleers in one shot and sweep away bunch of weaker enemies

Attached: 1553281113775.jpg (720x720, 75K)

For those interested: some details about the new terrain engine for SS4 have been revealed during this year's GDC but for some reason so far it's only on a Japanese site out of all things:

translate.google.com/translate?hl=de&sl=ja&tl=en&u=https://www.4gamer.net/games/219/G021992/20190320092/

Attached: 007.jpg (1200x848, 346K)

Croteam are sensibly being very quiet about the game given its nowhere near finished. I remain hopeful that the game will run well as SS3 was extremely scalable.

>another shotgun or something that can kill Kleers in one shot

Attached: serious-sam-ii-20050914040619542-001.jpg (440x220, 24K)

Yeah, in fact that presentation and the fact that the music will be "weapon based" (as in the music subtly changes depending on the weapon you use like in Super Mario World when you ride Yoshi) are pretty much the only new infos we've gotten since E3 and the latter was only mentioned on the side by Damjan in an interview.

Are Kleers the deadliest enemies in Serious Sam?
Discuss

Attached: Serious sam kill count v2.jpg (2776x2804, 1.83M)

Are they still doing their own engines?

I would have liked to heard more about this military shooter they abandoned. Seemed like it sucked up a ton of time and money.

Kind of wish Croteam would have given SS3 the expansion pack treatment and delivered some proper SS experience. The campaign was just a hot mess even when they stopped recycling assets so hard.

they did release an expanion for SS3

>surely this is the end of the level
>surely THIS is
>surely
>this
>is

The Guardian of Time is a completely insane level. Queen Hatshepsut is one of the most difficult achievements on steam, I bet.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1wHgiLQz-Y
The only thing worse than a game lacking a satisfying shotgun is one where said shotgun has limited practical use.

>That time to reload
I don dink so anime poster

Given how common they are, they're borderline unbalanced on Serious in BFE, doing 50 damage to an unarmored player.

Yeah, it's the main reason why the game takes that long.
They're essentially writing a completely new hybrid terrain engine that allows for gigantic, yet partially handcrafted worlds, along with a new system that's supposed to handle up to 100.000 enemies at once depending on your PC.
It's actually quite ridiculous that they're spending so much work on this given that apparently only one or two levels will actually be that large while the rest will be standard Sam-fare.

Attached: Kleerconceptart.jpg (972x1213, 279K)

if you care about reload times you might want to use minigun instead

Kleers are the deadliest common enemy.
Fuck vanilla Technopolyps and Witch Brides.

>Really want SS4 news at E3
>Have my doubts we'll hear anything

I already got my hopes up last year, but at least the Devolver show is entertaining in its own right.

Given how they can run into each other and completely throw off your movement tracking, yes.

I have my doubts that the game will be coming out this year and even if it'll be next year then probably only near the end of it.
>In this work, the announcement of the start of development was made in 2013, and the development period has been for quite a long time. As the release date is still undecided as of March 2019, there are also some concerns about whether it will actually be completed as it is, but this announcement is, in a sense, an interim report that development is progressing smoothly It has also become, and fans may not have felt a little relieved.
>However, during the session, there were a couple of phrases such as "To date this is the specification but the final version will not be the same as it is", so I do not feel that it will be completed soon That's where I'm worried. Fans believe the development team and just wait for completion.

Then that would remove the process of having a shotgun, meaning the og shotgun becomes even less useful

Shotgun and hunting shotgun should be one weapon desu, like in Half-Life
>regular short pump after single barrel shot
>longer pump after double barrel shot
>no reloading

>Ever using M1 on the HL shotgun
What are you gay?

In HL2 it was more useful.

bump

Are there any good level mods for the Serious Sam games? It seems like a mostly dead scene, no killer hits like there are for Doom or Quake

Sadly not a lot, Serious Engine is difficult to work with for me. I've made several maps for several games. (Most were done for source games but I've done a few for different quake titles) but the Serious Engine is quite difficult to work with.

The best you'll get is BFE Enhanced.

Only decent ones for Fusion I can think of are Dr. Vortex's Island of Evil and Red Day: Episode One.
Most Custom maps/campaigns have two main issues: they look like ass and don't understand how enemy wave and encounter design works and just want to shove dozens of enemies at once in your face that have no synergy in hope that it'll make the game difficult.
As much as I love it, it's also one of the big problems of the Enhanced mod.

Some amusing survival ones are the framerate-killer Gun of The God which swarms you with enemies and gives you a pistol that kills everything with one or two shots and I Hate Running Backwards which turns the game of the same name into an FPS.

Attached: 70078091_p0_master1200.jpg (1000x562, 213K)

I wish the DB shotgun in BFE would have meatier sound, I miss the loud BANG from FE and SE

Is that the mod that puts flags everywhere?

Look at this Nerf piece of shit. The weapon designs in 2 were so fucking BAD.

Doors in TFE are in fact Sam's deadliest enemy.

Yeah, the flags were initially meant to be in the game but were removed very late in development due to faulty collision detection.
They can still be seen in the teaser trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=LbY24cvelFw

The Fusion version mod also restores some other cut stuff like invasion pods/probes and huge cranes.

normal shotgun can 2-shot most common enemies and is precise, doubleshotty instakills them on close range but you have to syncronize with the enemy movements. Shotguns are for trashing small waves and individual enemies with high damage, for large hordes use the automatic weapons or cannonballs if they are lined up. Weapons in Serious Sam games are situational and you have to swap between them quite often.

Attached: kleers.png (850x1100, 978K)

steamcommunity.com/groups/serioussaturdayswithv

If you're looking to play coop Sam, amongst other games.

Attached: 1474225325753.jpg (2011x3437, 671K)

Until you get the minigun.

no, the shotgun is great for areas you have some room to move around in.

shotguns in SS:TFE are good for the couple of the first levels where player isn't being floored with mass waves of enemies and shotguns in SS:TSE become obsolete after first 5 minutes

No, even with the minigun in you inventory you'll find yourself switching to the shotguns every now and then, you will need bullets for large common enemy hordes and quick dps sniping large foes, specially in the late part of the game when common ammo starts getting rarer until you enter big final arenas

Is Planet Badass going to be a disappointment?

Any news about that Serious Sam 2 remake? Did it get canned?

that line of thinking is how you end up with no ammo

Doubt it since BFE was mostly the result of lack of funding and basically half of the team leaving after SS2.
They greatly increased their staff since then, it'll feature the same writer as for Talos and The Last Hope (both great games) so no halfassed dialogue this time and the stuff they're planning sounds honestly pretty nuts.

they're going to start that up in full swing after sam 4.

Isn't it open world now?

No, it's pretty terrible.

t. Someone who's played every single custom map on Fusion and HD

No, it never was, I wish people would stop spreading this retarded notion

100k enemies on screen sounds like the type of shit cpu's have nightmares about but it's fucking Croteam, so I'm not worried on TECHNOLOGY shit, just the gunplay

Enhanced just throws a ton more shit at you, which makes every single level drag on forever, and you're flooded with health and ammo.

No.
One or two levels (probably transition ones between the settings) will be really, really big and feature gigantic enemy masses but still won't take longer than The Guardian of Time to finish while most of the game will be standard Serious Sam levels.
They DID tease André-Citroën Park and Vatican City as locations afterall.

Awesome thank you. Sorry that was just what I had read after the announcement.

Croteam seems to be too ambitious with graphics, map size and enemy count. All that detail in background decoration, humongous terrain size, stupid enemy count on-screen, etc. I think they set the bar too high with this one but I believe in those croatian technowizards.
Those goals sound too surreal even with our current technology, when I think about a 128 Km map with 100000 enemies on screen i think of a doom wad, not something from this generation. I'm curious how they will pull this off.

Not enough to go on yet, but Croteam better hurry their ass up, there's a lot more retro shooters coming out these days and they're gonna get overshadowed unless they step up their game

Severely overrated series.

t. tourist.

No, it's rated accurately.

SS is in its right position. Is the father of horde shooters, has a very flexible 3D engine, great graphics for its time but is not a milestone of its like Doom, Quake or Half-Life.

of its genre*
Overall SS is a popular niche game.

PLAY BOGUS DETOUR
HOLY FUCK, PLAY BOGUS DETOUR
WHY DOES NOBODY KNOW ABOUT THIS GAME? HOW CAN YOU FUCK UP MARKETING THIS BADLY?

>Those goals sound too surreal even with our current technology
The enemy count is probably doable with tons of trickery since even a PS2 was capable of having thousands upon thousands of enemies on screen at once.
youtube.com/watch?v=XffB0iPIs9M
(goddammit, why is there not a single high quality video of that game...)

And as for the terrain, check the link in.
With some insane wizardry I'm too stupid to understand they basically turned 100TB map data into 200MB.

That said, aparently the game and engine still isn't optimised at all and barely playable on a GTX1080.

>father of horde shooters
I always felt like that honor goes to KISS Psycho Circus.
At least it felt like the missing link between classic FPS games and the arena lockdown/horde shooter subgenre.

Attached: KISS Psycho Circus.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

>I'm too stupid to understand they basically turned 100TB map data into 200MB.

basically it's all procedurally generated and most of the data is just hints for generator to make certain pieces of level to look exactly like developers want it to look like

Is that the top-down one? Maybe after I finish Next Enccounter.

It would've been a great game if it wasn't for the tedious as fuck first Greece level where you're hammering away on turtles for way too long, the idiotic minefields and the fact that you can kill innocent bystanders which, at least in my eyes, stands in total contrast with Sam's character.

And speaking of Sam spinoffs:
One of Croteam's Incubator teams recently released a free alpha version/demo for Tormental:
croteam.itch.io/tormental

because it sucks.

can't wait for ss4

I KNOW IT, I WILL EVENTUALLY.

But SS3's vanilla campaign either has too little enemies or spams you with easy enemies. At least Enhanced has some challenge.

try playing on serious

What flags?

Yeah, from what I understand the terrain itself gets manually "painted" and the engine then creates the rest, like when you draw a line for example you give that line a bunch of presets like shaders, materials and height and the rest like texture transitions, small details, a bunch of trees on the side and so on gets created automatically.

The black and red Mental ones.

Doors = whores

Yeah, it's pretty much SS but top down, Smash tv style, and I like it a lot

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (300x474, 48K)

Attached: AAAAAAAA.gif (83x79, 12K)

Attached: aaaaaaaaaa.gif (1080x1080, 1.61M)

Best mine defusing sim ever.

>The Last Hope (both great games)
Can you go into detail about what makes it good? I love Sam, but Last Hope seemed like the standard VR shooting gallery you saw a million of when the Vive first launched. And what's this about it having writing?

KLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOP

Attached: KLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOPKLOP.png (425x548, 126K)

Attached: waytooserious.jpg (1802x1042, 232K)

>there's finally good harpy rule 34 after all these years

I'd love to get my hands on one of those documents.

Attached: friggin serious.png (500x398, 54K)

>mfw playing Planet Kleer boss fight right now
WHAT THE FUCK WAS CROTEAM THINKING. FUCK THIS BOSS

Attached: 1545650271036.gif (350x227, 3.55M)

Why is SS2 so damn weird? It's one of the strangest sequels ever created, and the first one is a tad bizarre in the first place. Everyone seems to completely forget about it.

>about to reflect the laser into the crystal
>the boss disables the first reflector

Attached: 1488910914008.jpg (604x603, 107K)

Doors are Duke Nukem's deadliest enemy as well.

Attached: average game of duke.jpg (480x360, 48K)

The real answer is DOOM II's final boss, where you kill John Romero's severed head.

Attached: Kryptonite - 3 Doors Down.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

>dat filename

Attached: 1452405856982.jpg (354x308, 18K)

It may be "just another shooting gallery" but it might be one of the more polished ones.

Honestly, the things that make it great are the ones that it doesn't repeat from BFE.
Hitscan enemies are almost entirely gone (even the Arachnoids now have homing missile launchers instead) and the ones that ARE in feature laser sights so you can spot them much easier, Witch Brides are completely redesigned and now teleport around while throwing homing energy balls, etc. and I'd love to see some of the new enemies in SS4 but from what I've heard none of them will make it in.
Combat is also quite frantic with what actually may be the largest single enemy masses so far in the series until SS4's potential madness.
It's also a lot prettier with quite a lot of variety like floating islands, temples inside a large cave, a swamp with giant swamp striders and more.

Attached: 20180714123715_1.jpg (1920x1080, 572K)

How should I play SS is I never played it before? HD or original?

Attached: 1553362682459.jpg (600x401, 56K)

You may as well go HD. It's almost perfectly faithful gameplay wise. You can always check out the original if you want to compare them (there's not much to compare outside of graphics)

Original for puritans and people who can stand old graphics, even if they aged well. HD for people who can't stand old graphics and don't mind missing a few secrets, like the gravity level.

Either is fine. Some people will tell you to play Classic first because of it has 3 gravity gimmick rooms between the two games that aren't in HD but those rooms are really overrated.

As for the writing, I absolutely hated how unfunny and profanity-ridden BFE was most of the time when it wasn't just recycling lines from the older games and always thought that every "fuck" and "shit" could've been a memorable quote or oneliner instead.
All the planets/simulations in TLH have a minor storyline attached to them with quite some amusing intermissions from Sam inbetween like when he complains about archeologists wanting to hand him over some research PAPERS when they could've easily upload that stuff to his Netricsa implant.
And there are also some small visual eastereggs here and there that BFE also lacked.

Attached: 20180421075129_1.jpg (1920x1080, 625K)

>Everyone seems to completely forget about it.
You mean everyone tries to forget about it.

Now THAT, was a good event.

Get HD but play it in fusion

Wait for a sale and get the HD versions. They go for really cheap.

I like the washing machine more.

Either one is completely fine.

Attached: sam play.png (1617x1840, 2.16M)

>It's one of the strangest sequels ever created

As usual: blame consoles since SS2 wasn't the sequel to the PC but the Xbox version
youtube.com/watch?v=Ee486bo07KI

Attached: mbpsb.jpg (756x1076, 238K)

>Visibly frustrated after forty minutes but still willing and able
>swearing incoherently after another ten, according to later accounts from my roommates
>that moment the Khnum herd fills the horizon

First time in a while I physically felt my morale empty. Now it's one of my favorite levels of any game.

Attached: wall street.jpg (726x1290, 85K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oj_SZEzKpH8

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Guardian of Time is GOAT and the faggots that complain about it need to git gud.

>:V
adorable

>Croteam predicted the current state of hardcore gamers
youtube.com/watch?v=85rjt3lSZRQ

Would've changed the boss, though, so he'd take a lot more than just four rods in the back and a cannonball to the face.

Hold the fucking phone TFE HD has more levels?

Attached: 1531633410436.jpg (402x460, 21K)

Most of the series is on sale right now it looks like. I recommend checking out The First Encounter, either as a standalone or in the Revolutions collection, and if you like what you played move on to Second Encounter and other games. I personally don't care much for the HD artstyle.

The additional levels are from the Legend of the Beast DLC for TSE HD. It's shit.

Yeah the beast dlc.
It's really hard, and has some tedious parts to it. Supposedly it was like a demo version that got scrapped and was reworked later. I don't remember.
You're mostly low on ammo too, so prepare for revolvers if you want to play it.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAA DEAAAAAAAAAA.png (654x897, 67K)

They're the first three levels from a beta version of TFE, but with enemy placement and architecture in the final level changed.

I'm getting 'Kelly's crying Liberty' vibes from that marsh hopper.

Some more details about it (and WHY it's shit):
LotB consists of three levels that were cut from the beta version of TFE and were never supposed to see the light of day.
In fact, they were supposed to be the first three levels of the original game and the third was later redesigned into TSE's Tower of Babel level.
Not sure why they bothered with it at all since the maps aren't really that good and often flat out tedious and boring since you won't get anything better through the DLC than the rocket launcher and most of the time you'll be spending with your revolvers and single shotgun.
Some say it tests your resourcefulness and survivability, I say there's a damn good reason why levels that feature shootouts against Arachnoids that are half a mile away with a single revolver were cut in the first place.

The versions of the levels in the TFE beta that leaked are actually better because there's no bullshit like having deal with Arachnoids with only the revolvers. It's mowing down cannon fodder with the starting weapons and Tommy Gun.

That, and the Knumn boss is just a reskin of TFE's final boss.