Darkest Dungeon thread

Is it only me or does the game get really shit towards the end? This point where you've seen it all and even the champion dungeons pose no challenge whatsoever, but you still have to run through them to level up heroes or just make a week pass to remove quirks.

I've noticed people shitting on the Crimson Court because of the early game difficulty, I didn't have any issue with it, but holy shit, the repetitiveness of the missions themselves, massive maps where you have to fight the same mobs over and over dozens of times, jesus christ what were they thinking.

Is there any hope for DD2 being good?

Attached: 8e0fead3c6a2eeb7098c6a3c7672a51a8b386a7929c1fe087a4621d095d6cd6b_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.j (639x361, 113K)

It's nothing but a grind at end game, yeah. It's quite tedious and the biggest flaw of the game. You can bypass it if you feel like it though, since the game is open to mods and can easily be edited, so it's not a big deal. I see no reason DD2 won't be fun, it'll be a new dungeon crawl with more mechanics and classes than the original, worth a couple playthroughs at least.

mid to late grind is annoying.

Don't neglect upgrading cart for already lvled characters.

upgrade stress relief buildings last.

Well, aside from the initial game concept which was really interesting and fun, everything they seemed to have added in the DLCs seemed pretty shit really.

I've already finished the game, but those last few missions to clear or reroll quirks were a massive pain.

You should be playing stygian so every champion level dungeon attempt is fucking terrifying. Right now I'm at about week 55/86 and I know I'm going to have to start doing DD attempts soon, but the threat of Vvulf showing up any week is making me nervous to ever use my best dudes, lest we be caught off guard.

Attached: Disappointment.gif (165x180, 45K)

This was my first playthrough, lost only two heroes not counting the final boss would have played on Stygian if not for the time limit since I wanted to do all bosses/dlcs and endless mode.

who Yea Forums here

If you only attempt safe short dungeons at the champion level, sure, it's grindy towards the end. But the long champion dungeons should be getting you roughly 24,000 gold each.
If you want to quickly train up a low resolve character, stick them with a legend hound master/MAA and drag them through a dungeon while spamming guard. They'll gain plenty of resolve, especially if one of the legends has been in the darkest dungeon which gives anyone with them increased resolve level gains.
The default game speed is low, so I highly recommend the slight haste mod that speeds up combat animations for anyone who wants to play it again.

it's a huge grindfest, but what can you do...

Attached: theybreedquicklydownthere.png (1200x675, 887K)

I agree. I feel cheated by the game. It roped me in by being pretty easy and mindless until you reach the last difficulty tier, then it just suddenly janks the difficulty up to absurd degrees without warning. I went from sleepwalking through the game (clearing floors with zero difficulty) to being forced to retreat from the dungeon after the first fucking fight due to lack of health. It's balanced absurdly.

Also it's just a skinner-box grindfest.

Casuals

But the longer dungeons are easier than the short ones since with camping you have multiple opportunities to heal up and destress. My gripe of the game wasn't leveling up since at that point when you're underleveled/undergeared there is actually some risk, but instead the point of the game where the biggest fuckup you can have in a champion dungeon is not leaving it at full 0 stress party, but still have to do them to remove quirks/diseases. Eventually, I began finding them so tedious that I actually started doing the garden guardian boss fight to get to the next week instead since it at least felt faster.

Play this instead when it comes out.

Attached: MISTOVER.jpg (600x337, 77K)

Looks like some weebshit garbage from the screenshot for ants.

So if your teams were fully leveled what were you grinding towards in preparation for DD? Just trying to get perfect quirks together? Quirks can be nice or annoying but imo there aren't many that absolutely need to be locked or removed in order to have success in the DD. If you simplify the game's goal, it's to make 4 competent parties that can beat the 4 darkest dungeon missions. Given the amount of work that goes into making just one fully upgraded party, I guess the bosses are supposed to try and break up the monotony, since there are roughly 2 champion level bosses that you can fight with each of these 4 endgame parties.

That was my experience as well.

I just do a dungeon run or 2 after i wake up. I just can't binge this game but i enjoy it in small doses.

Attached: images.jpg (200x252, 13K)

>blocks your path

Attached: $.png (497x845, 276K)

I was grinding to remove all negative quirks that affected the mission gameplay, didn't care about the negative ones that affected the stress reduction facilities in town since the boss fights were pretty much the only missions I didn't leave at

*snort*

Attached: 361-0-1497104058.png (1081x525, 226K)

>when you've seen him attack two or three times because you're so used to focusing the backlines you always kill him straight away

What will DD2 have to do to shake up the gameplay beyond "kill backliners ASAP"?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Why did he fucked absolutely everything up?

Attached: Ancestor_House_of_Ruin.png (400x225, 61K)

They need to give even more of them stealth and immune too so that every fight takes you at least a third of the way to affliction.

An idle mind is the devil's workshop.

Play a better game?

Looks like grand knights history. Also the screenshot is small because it's a psp game.