Why is Red Dead Redemption 2 already forgotten?

Why is Red Dead Redemption 2 already forgotten?

Attached: 20190212_101654.jpg (1080x738, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MvJPKOLDSos
youtube.com/watch?v=zmuJyykzLwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3g25ZEbak
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9eGZI3WLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's yet another extremely linear game that pretends it's an open world, there's nothing special or unique about it, just a series of scripted events so everyone had the same experience playing it and that gives it no replay value

It was a one step forward, two steps backward kind of game. Not something you'd want for a sequel to one of the most beloved games of all time.

>e-celeb shit

because it's boring as fuck

all the responses to even mild criticism I saw here were "go back to fortnite" and shit about plebfilters which sounded like extremely desperate fanboys.

The quests are all fucking terrible. You really realize it if you go back and replay the game. Its usually 90% traveling to the quest destination, then either a forced stealth section or hiding behind cover while shooting a few waves of enemies, then traveling back to town.

And there will be tons of video about how good it is with all the comments agreeing with it. People tend to seek out sources that confirm their own biases. Funny how that works.

Attached: vRKLkhP.jpg (671x960, 79K)

I wouldn't disagree with this, but Chris has the absolute shittiest takes on current games

How much do we have to talk about a game at all times for it to not be considered forgotten?

I hate multiplayer games. I also think RDR2 was a giant meme. They’re just coping fanboys

I'll get RDR2 when the definitive edition is on sale for $12 in a couple of years. Would've pre-ordered it, but it had that feminist shit in it.

I already played RDR

Chris admitted he doesn't really like video games anymore. His opinion is kind of biased.

No it's just that this "mild criticism" was largely just people assblasted that the game did not play like they personally wanted it to. Saying that you don't like how sluggish the controls are is not criticizing a flaw with the control scheme, crying about it betrays you as a fortnite guzzling zoomer who can't cope ;)

Because they dropped the ball hard on the multiplayer. No one wants to play that shit. Hopefully R* will release some single player DLC to bring us back in.

but it was an improvement over RDR1 in everyway.

>When the standards for things will change, people will start disliking old things
Gee

I still cant understand how it got a 97. You spend more time riding to the mission than actually playing the missions.

Attached: 1534447534314.jpg (1366x768, 51K)

>it had that feminist shit in it
Sounds like you're a 15-17 year retard who thinks that women existing in a videogame means it's ''feminist''

Attached: 1543150690962.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

biased*

Sounds like /our guy/.

wow can't believe video game standards change so fast that a supposedly great game suddenly becomes bad in 5 months

>open world sandbox #234234 released five months ago
>"why don't people talk about this every day?"

Attached: (x) doubt.jpg (227x221, 15K)

It has a really bad pacing problem and the missions are nothing spectacular. Chris hated it because he has a gnat's attention span. If you have the patience to stick with it you're rewarded with what is one of the best, if not the best, written story in a Western game. It's not like TLOU where brainlets think a poorly written story is great just because of good voice acting, it's genuinely great.

Gun play in RD2 is absolute dog shit though and the way characters move is just plain Bad

good thing there's more to the game than just the missions ;)

>It's Smart because the character moves slowly theres lots of talking, which makes me smart

you people make me sick

just who? Some fucking loser e-celeb?

>It had feminist shit in it
You mean suffragettes? Fucker, that shit is literally from the time period.

Literally who

>LOOK AT THIS GAME BEING RELEASED IN A GENRE WITH OTHER GAMES HAVING BEEN RELEASED IN IT BEFORE

Don't you get tired of mindlessly finding excuses to hate everything?

The single player is amazing especially if you're a wild west fan but beyond that it's single player game so people will talk about it intensely for weeks, maybe months and then the burnout hits and people move on to a different game.

Do you see many RE2make or DMC5 threads around anymore? Those games launched pretty recently and yet the discussion is already over. The multiplayer component in RDR2 is garbage so that doesn't really excite people either.

Attached: 1550162689669.jpg (1920x1080, 382K)

It’s a boring game.

You listen to people talk about bullshit entirely too fucking much. There’s 15 minutes of uninterrupted dialogue to and from every mission between the same group of people about random bullshit while galloping on horseback.

How much fucking dialogue between these inbred cowboys do you fucking need to establish who they are? You should have like one or two scenes for each character that give us their personality, I don’t need 15 hours with each one to determine who they are. The pacing is awful.

Literally a masterpiece

>IT SUCKS BECAUSE IT DOESN'T ZOOM ENOUGH AND THAT MAKES ME MAD

hence, fortnite zoomer. cope :).

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 37K)

There are threads for those games every day. There are BOTW and GoW threads every day too. There’s even threads about fucking Horizon.
RDRII is just a boring ass game. There’s nothing to talk about.

RDR2 wasn't bad per se, but RDR1 was definitely better.
I don't play Fortnite. I prefer games like DMC or NieR, or Soulsbornes, also a lot of Nintendo games. But I didn't like the sluggish controls, slow animations to pick up objects,anually cocking the gun, and having to clean your horse, etc. I think games should focus on entertainment more than realism. You're proving his point for him that RDR2 fanboys can't handle mild criticism. Just because there is one aspect of a game I don't like doesn't mean the game is necessarily bad overall.

there's nothing between missions.
The horsey ride and the camps are all useless and boring padding.

Based

>people aren't talking about a game 24 hours a day anymore because they've finished it
>that must mean it's been forgotten

Attached: 1553350097988.png (210x300, 68K)

>But I didn't like the sluggish controls
Doesn't mean they're bad.

Horses fucking suck in RDR2 compared to in RDR1.

Is there anything that could fix multi in your opinion?

t. pc tard waiting for port

It was rdr part 2.
Do people talk about gta5 outside of mp? No.

Fuck oney or whatever his name is.

No. Many improvements, some "improvements", and many straight up downgrades or questionable changes.

>there's nothing between missions.
wrong lol.

based rdr1horse user

This. It has the illusion of an open world without being open world. Also, all the missions are the same and feel like you're playing on rails (kind of like a game from the Uncharted series, which are also overrated).

no, it was improved across the board, zoomers just don't like it because it doesn't control like fortnite and all their other zoom zoom games

Yeah, just because theres no e-bucks or lootboxes doesn't mean it's a bad game. You'll understand when you graduate kindergarten.

Based

Nice

>all the missions are the same
lmao did you even play the game?

Someone get the RDR2 fanboy ckecklist

You need to work on your technique.

Attached: FBB97CA9-5D10-406F-8676-443F64817433.jpg (800x450, 36K)

he's not wrong

People are disagreeing with me? They must be fanboy shills.
lol cope.

Because all it provided was exactly what the audience expected.

In your opinion. There are plenty of people who like RDR2.

I dunno, more content maybe? There are no heists or interesting multiplayer dynamics, all you got is 7 ''story missions'' that you burn through quickly and then you have nothing to do except deathmatching with autists. You can't play poker, you don't have heists, there's just a big load of nothing.

I just hope they'll see that RDO is a travesty and create singleplayer DLC.

Attached: 1548277028931.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

>clunky third person shooter on consoles that's been done a million times
Gee I wonder why. Aesthetics and polish can only go so far.

*AHEM*
interactive fiction

Attached: 1553351941055.jpg (662x666, 59K)

Rockstar games fucking suck, people just think they're good because of nostalgie for the old, good games. Rockstar's only improvement in the past 10 years has been graphics, that's it. It's still the same boring gameplay it always has been. Red Dead Redemption 2 epitomizes this.
RDR2 is all style, no substance. What's good about it, the story? The boring, predictable story where we already know what's going to happen? Oh no Jack got kidnapped, I wonder if he'll die! Oh no John's going to be hanged, I wonder if he'll die! Oh no the army's cornered Arthur and Dutch, I wonder if they'll die! Oh no the gang is starting to split, I wonder who will follow Arthur and John and who will follow Dutch! The gameplay is the same as it has been since GTA4, it just controls slightly better but it's still muddy, slow, and sluggish. Rockstar prioritizes realism over fun, the controls can feel unresponsive at times, the shooting has a weird delay on some guns, Arthur runs like a dumpster truck with a busted steering wheel, and who can forget all the fun looting, skinning, and searching corpses? RDR2 is the worst game Rockstar has made. Who gives a fuck if ti looks good?

Red Dead Redemption 2 is the video game equivalent of a Marvel movie.

It’s fundamentally shit, like the federal reserve or big pharma. It’s just unhealthy if you still have a soul

RDR2 is like a Hollywood movie. Huge budget, talented people working on it but no script and a shitty director so it all went down the drain

It's a terrible game that plays horribly. It's looks great and obviously had a big budget - but as a game? It's terrible.

In an effort to make the game move realistically the game ends up being horrible to control and you just constantly find yourself fighting with the movement to do what you want to do.

Soulless drivel that didn't make a blip in culture. It's forgotten not even a year after release.

Okay I'll bring a couple of some examples of each category
improvements:
>Pretty much anything related to graphics
>Story is superior
questionable changes:
>The cores system is interesting but underutilized/wasted due to how ridiculously easy it is to keep your cores permanently full
>Unskippable animations for anything and everything you do in the entire game, neat but gets tiring very quickly
Some downgrades:
>Automatic movement, such as the horse automatically evading trees leading to the controls feeling extremely wonky at many times
>Huge open world map that feels extremely empty due to there being so few side missions
>too easy, FAR too easy even in comparison to redemption 1

Because from a gameplay perspective it's not a good game. It doesn't feel good to play, you basically endure it for things that are not gameplay.

Attached: 1529304413750.jpg (2000x3000, 641K)

RDR is Joe Montana and RDR2 is Steve Young. Steve Young wasn't a bad QB, but the shoes were too big for him to fill.

There isnt though. Its just more repetitive riding.

Haven't they downgraded the graphics?

>OH NO PEOPLE WHO DISLIKE A GAME I LIKE EXISTS

> I TOLD YOU BRO, I TOLD YOU

>IM SO DEEP

It's a goddamn slog to play. Everything feels so slow and unresponsive. Really goes to show how much a control scheme and input delay can actually fuck over a game.

I liked the story in both, but I honestly liked the story better in 1.

god i want an asian gf so f*cking bad

It's called technological progression--we're already seeing that shit with Crackdown

Low test cuck

I played it everyday since release just about

Isnt it funny how the shills never talk about the gameplay. Its always the story or the graphics. Its almost like the gameplay is boring and does nothing new or exciting to generate any kind of discussion.

Attached: reddeadremaster.png (818x434, 456K)

Both questionable changes are downgrades.

I just felt that the story in 2 gave you more time to get to know the characters a lot more and give the player more of a reason to care. I guess I should've written better/more fleshed out characters

what does technological progression have to do with anything. nothing has changed technologically especially on consoles

>Already forgotten
>Only counting January 1st sales, it has outsold every 2019 games

Sure fag also, CDPR was inspired by it, Sakurai called it standard Japan has to meet now and Miyazaki called it a game that helped kill the narrative that single player games are dead.

Long story short, fuck off.

The core system isn't a straight up downgrade, it's just horribly balanced/utilized
I never felt worried about any single core, since you have money out the ass and unlimited supplies at nearly all times
The animations would be ok if they just gave you a button prompt to skip it or could disable it in the options, sometimes animations can lead to better immersion but it gets tedious as fuck when I have to look at arthur cooking 15 steaks individually

>botw and gow threads
endless shitposting, don't even try to disagree.

>>The cores system is interesting but underutilized/wasted due to how ridiculously easy it is to keep your cores permanently full
Keep playing the game dude ;)

Yeah the missions really need work. They're just boring as all fuck most of the time.
>just playing a minute ago, do Mary's second mission
>riding out of town
>THERE HE ES GET EM BOYS
>literally killed instantly by like four rifle shots hitting me at once from some lemoyne fag ambush
>Arthur quantum leaps into another version of himself washing his face in a stream
>my horse is a fucking TENNESSE WALKER, the white arabian apparently died
>my last save is right before that mission
>simply don't have the gumption to slog through it again

>when you're so excited for someone to come along and do all the work shitting on a game for you that you invite the person onto your popular e celeb show just to suck their dick
Jesus christ Chris is sucking off nakeyjake so hard, it's kind of pitiful

Attached: 1543502424797.jpg (584x575, 50K)

I 100% it back in January

and your downgrades aren't very objective

There's tons of shit to do, sounds like open world exploration is just not for you

RDR was the exact same way though, part of the style of the game is listening to kino conversations while riding

The story fucking sucks though

cute ;)

Rockstar plots always suck, but their side characters are pretty much the only redeeming factors and they were pretty solid in 2

Real time cinematic

Rockstar really needs to improve their mission structure.

>muh "stories are only good if they have le twists and surprise you, that's what makes a story good right guise?"
based pleb

Because the game feels like you're controlling a retard who is stumbling through mud the entire game.

Ok man I understand your hate boner for the game.

Yea Forums has the worst first impressions

>There are BOTW and GoW threads every day too
Zelda fans are autistic, and those GoW threads that pop up are usually calling it shit

I question whether RDR was ever truly loved. It was just shitposted to hell with because it was a console exclusive and any criticism no matter how valid would be dismissed as coming from a PCfag because of that.

I mostly agree with you except for two points:
Open world feels more alive to me than any open world game I've ever played due to the degree of interactivity you have with random NPCs and how many animals and shit there are running around. I've had a lot of fun just spending days wandering around the world doing things - start the morning off bring down some white tail, then sneak up on a bandit camp and eavesdrop before chiefing a cigar and killing them all, then going and playing poker in a local saloon, starting a barfight, come back to camp call Micah a faggot and Bill a faggot thanks to the great antagonize roast lines, call Dutch a faggot for good measure, crush some beers and go to sleep
what a life
also who gives a shit about difficult lel

There has to be 1 new thread every 10 minutes for 2 year non-stop without a break or anything or its forgotten or just trash

A lot of really old videogames are still beloved because they were actually good and stood the test of time, instead of being overhyped mediocrity.

Good movie, shit game

>>Automatic movement, such as the horse automatically evading trees leading to the controls feeling extremely wonky at many times
It's an animal with a mind of its own, dumbass
>>Huge open world map that feels extremely empty due to there being so few side missions
It's big so that you need to ride for more than a minute to get to the next town. Frontiers are supposed to feel empty
>>too easy, FAR too easy even in comparison to redemption 1
Both games are piss easy with auto aim, atleast with RDR2 the guns are a bit less direct

RDR1 was smaller though. The conversations in rdr2 have so much padding, you can tell the writers were struggling to fill in the gaps. Almost like they had no idea how big and empty the map was going to be.

RDR1 was better.

You sound like a fag who got never ever'd. RDR absolutely was and is loved.

Actually the opposite. As next gen ports and an eventual PC release will give this a long than normal lifespan.

I like open world exploration when its fun, not when its drawn out to pad the length of the game with endless riding.

Because it's a boring, shallow, tedious westacuck moviegame that's only there to bait in the normalfag masses and the pozzed gaming journalists.

Attached: 1552080965625.jpg (750x750, 149K)

Because we already finished it and Read Dead Online is shit.

Oh no now Fast Travel actually has a reason to exist!

RDR1 and 2 is a Iong epic meant to be played back to back. They both make each other better.

>Both games are piss easy with auto aim, atleast with RDR2 the guns are a bit less direct
True but even without auto aim RDR2 is extremely easy due to how much of a bulletsponge arthur becomes. I had moments when I accidentally broke the law and literally just ran out of Saind Denis with dozens of cops non stop shooting my ass because I didn't want to lose honor for the story missions.

I've honestly never felt that way playing the game. I've had the opposite feeling where I wished there was more to the conversation.
I really enjoyed all the characters and the different character relationships so maybe that's the difference. One of my personal criticisms of the game is that those relationships should have been explored more instead of introducing new characters.

How thebfuck is sluggish good

I miss 2006 newgrounds

It's weighty and feels amazing once you realize you're playing a human being.

Did anyone here unironically know this game was going to be shit before it came out? Not just shitposting on Yea Forums?
My friends made fun of me for not being on the rdr2 hype train and I had to call them faggots (afterwards by myself while crying)

>please don't buy it when it releases on pc anons

Dude you can cross the map in less than 15 minutes and most of the riding to the place you need to get to takes less than 5, its time to relax. I honestly can't stand faggots like you who bitch and moan about riding a horse in a fucking open world wild west game. I know for a goddamn fact if the game fast traveled you to locations for missions you would bitch and moan about that just the same.

Immersion. The delay is lessened if you're sprinting, too.

Moviegames have the same lifespan as modern hollywood movies. They happen, and are quickly forgotten unless they spawn memes. In which case the memes last for a while, but the movie is still forgotten.

>Dude remember that mostly boring part after you finish the main game where you do shit John's farm for 2 hours at the end of RDR? Let's do it again but make it 6 hours and even more boring
Bravo R*

And now that you've dismissed my post as a seething PCfag we can all happily pretend that RDR is and always will be beloved because anything contrary to that belief is effectively ignored.

I did user.

100 hours of holding down the autoride button while someone talks at you

Every mission is just a shooting gallery

Muh blacks and indians

There's 2 threads up for the game right now and it's already went back to outselling every new 2019 game weekly besides sekiro because it just dropped. How's it forgotten?

Ah yes, your completely predictable follow up in which you hide from any contrary claim behind your "muh PC perseuction" shield you crafted for yourself. How transparent can you get lmao

Works for Bloodborne

I don't think fast travel was the real problem when it came to open-world games. I think it's the "press X to teleport to the other side of the map with no in-game explanation or cost".
GTAV had taxis.
Morrowind had Silt Striders, mark/recall, intervention spells, etc
Shit like Oblivion did it wrong. Skyrim did a half-assed approach and slapped a bunch of carts outside of some major cities and called it a day.
I haven't played RDR2 and I'm not the guy you're replying to, but fast-travel isn't a inherently bad thing. It's just that it's implementation is usually fucking awful.

How's the sandbox in the game though?

Because ultimately even the best moviegame is nothing compared to a decent movie

I cant stand faggots like you who suck the games dick even if the map was 100 times bigger with just as little content and all you did was ride endlessly. But hey its wild west so it must good!!!

Play the game and find out. Words can't describe the immersion and sense of wonder

RDR2 has three means of fast traveling so idk what people are going on about

strawman harder brainlet lol, I can almost hear the blood pounding in a desperate attempt to feed your walnut sized smooth brain

also amazing goalpost shift, you're really making a jew proud somewhere

>blood pounding

Wasn't there a considerable amount of time you had to play the game to even unlock fast travel?

I wish i had a walnut sized brain, at least then i could have some fun with this boring ass game and ignore all the glaring issues with it.

>>>blood pounding

Because Rockstar keeps remaking GTA 3 over and over again, and no matter how much the wind in the game can move each individual hair in Arthur's ass, it's still the same game over and over again.
It's even worse nowadays because we are oversaturated with open world games.

Attached: 1527876348192.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

>I wish i had a walnut sized brain
well don't give up hope, it might grow a little

It's more of a point on how the reactionary community thinks anything that is okay and not beloved by everyone becomes the worst thing ever then it becomes underrated
here's the lifecycle
>x game: Everything wrong x game
>x game: What went wrong?/a fall from Grace
>x game: was it really that bad?
>x game: an underrated masterpiece

The online was shit is the reason

I agree with you but this is another reason why RDR2 is good in that it too provides in game reasoning for it's fast travel instead of just selecting a location on the map

>jew proud somewhere
You mean the guys at rockstar? i hope not

It's ADHD kid repellent.

Not really. Trains and coaches are available from the beginning of Chapter 2.
Fast travelling from Arthur's tent is locked behind upgrades but if you know what you're doing you can get that money really fast.

Shame that open world R* games sell tens of billions of copies so they have no reason to change the formula, it's gonna be the same shit with GTA6 and RDR3

Redemption 2 is amazing at the start while you're in the honeymoon period, you get immersed by the insane production values, crazy attention to detail and gripping story.

However, once the illusion of immersion wears off, all you're left with is a really badly designed game that plays like shit. It's a video game that tries to be something more than a video game, but it can't escape the fact that it's a video game and that is why it ultimately fails. I enjoyed a lot of aspects of RDR2, but it's a game I never, ever want to play again.

Attached: 1245427575.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

or it's just brainlets seething when people disagree that it's the worstest game ever and a forgotten disgrace.

>forgotten
but it's the 3rd best selling PS4 game months after release behind only GTAV (lol) and Sekiro which just released

Attached: pp.jpg (357x372, 21K)

Oh look another comedian
Stay in your lane faggot. If you never cared for a series before why are you suddenly pretending that you do now

Playing rdr2 definitely isnt helping.

It's just nu-Yea Forums where every new game is bad and every old game is amazing. People have gone full tryhard trying to swing the board to a negative position on DMC5, Sekiro, etc.

jesus christ get a grip on yourself snoygoy

kek

It is as predictable of a retort as yours were. I'm calling into question whether or not the game is beloved when there's so much shitposting surrounding the game. That you think I'm still angry about the game not being on PC a whole decade after its release is frankly ridiculous. The setting was cool and I can see how that could be very appealing to people who enjoy such a setting. Aside from that I fail to see how it's that special of a game to still shitpost about it after a decade.

cope

Attached: rdr2_vs_botw.png (1162x1368, 2.59M)

nice strawman I guess

oh nonononono

Attached: dead.png (371x299, 146K)

my uncle works at rockstar I'll have them put math homework and mandatory science and philosophy reading which the main character is quizzed on in the next one
gotta get that realism

The>Winning since 2001

Sad, Nintendo will fold soon and become a mobile dev since they can't compete

I feel like rdr2 wouldve been better as a linear game

ouch

Attached: wew.jpg (1134x94, 35K)

>That you think I'm still angry about the game not being on PC a whole decade after its release is frankly ridiculous.
I don't seriously think this is the actual situation nig, I'm just being a cheeky cunt.
>Everything posted by this IP is satire and should be treated as such. All racist, violent, and hateful remarks are satirical.
rest of your post is just a goalpost shift from the initial thing you were called out on

lmao

>I work at Quantic Dream, TLOU is gaming's Citizen Kane and I cried when Telltale Games closed

Meanwhile zelda with no jewish online mp is still going strong.

Attached: btfo.png (178x320, 74K)

>spineless westacuck outs himself as he screeches at everyone for not paying attention to pozzed journos and their worthless opinions
oof

Artificial immersion

meanwhile zelda has lower scores and sold a fraction of what RDR2 did lmao

I don't even have a PS4, snoy wish it could make movie games half as good

Yeah, the choice at the end whether to save John or the money is retarded. That's not the only dumb choice but it's the worst.

I like Chris and everything but everything he tweets is just about how much he hates video games and nitpicking very small things only an extreme autist would care about. A while ago he tweeted about some dumb thing about how he hated smash because of some dumb smoke effect characters have when they're high percentage and every one commented saying they never notice it.

lmao congratulations, you have found literally the only other game in existence which has managed to outsell it on the current gen and its made by the same developer

Yea Forums has always been full of contrarians and nostalgiafags but that was Yea Forums. Now this behavior is considered acceptable due to clickbait YouTubers
Remember reviewers: always be negative, never explore the obscure, only be positive on things that everyone loves already, if it's a slow Newsweek start being nostalgic on old "classics"

At least zelda won Goty.

you can thank the nintendo bonus for that

So many of the choices were retarded.
>KILL or SAVE Blackwater man???
What kind of fucking moron would save him? I hate this "being a good person means being a complete retard" trope

Attached: GEy39Y6[1].png (633x38, 3K)

>reviews
MW2 has a 94.
>sales
Then CoD and FIFA are good?

This, it's missing collectible magic turds and "put the ball in a cup" puzzles. THEN it would be amazing.

>the only games still relevant on consoles are 6 year production movie games that are immediately forgotten, and a game that game out 6 years ago

>lady asks for help on the roadside
>stop to help her, she pulls a gun
>shoot her
>lose honor

>outlaw tries to kill you in a bitter knife fight
>win and interrogate him
>at the end choose to choke him to death or spare him, choose choke
>lose honor

and my personal favorite
>bounty hunters and dogs come after you to literally kill you so they can cash in that sweet dosh after your horse's head power shoved some dude into a mudpuddle
>shoot the bounty hunters, all good
>shoot an angry doggo
>honor loss

>CoD and FIFA are good?

Obviously the people who play those games think so

Dude, it only had a /vg/ thread for like 5 weeks. GTA had one for 5 years.

>Then CoD and FIFA are good?
a lot of people seem to think so
do you base your tastes solely on what Yea Forums thinks?

Whats worse is it doesnt even matter, its the same ending either way. Its like they just had to include it but couldnt be fucked with actually putting any effort into it so it ended up like a telltale choice.

GoW won GOTY the very next year. There is no Nintendo or Sony bias.

Who are you quoting?

The game is feminist. Arthur and the whole gang spout women rights bullshit constantly.

>Yea Forums is a good measure of what the outside world thinks

There are multiple DMC and RE2 threads up every day.

Not an argumenr, just a thinly-veiled, limp-wristed stab at getting the high ground with no substance.

RDR2 is a piece of shit and you cant make me change my mind

I’m playing through RDR2 right now and it’s lrobably one of the greatest games I’ve ever played.

This board has shit taste and is nothing but weeb pc gamer virgins.

>do you base your tastes solely on what Yea Forums thinks?
No. I disagree on some things and agree on others. Do you base your tastes solely on what the majority and critics think?

What a hero

Anyone who chose to save the money is wrong. They should've never made it a choice.

The one you deserves

what do you like so much about it

exactly!

this is because sandbox gameplay is almost universally trash.

Open world can only be good if the open world is intricately designed and thought-out rather than just boring fields and forests and shit. This is partly because when you have a world that big and open you have to pad it with trash mobs and shitty fetch quests and boring copy+pasted content. Very few open-world games actually achieve this. Even Witcher 3 fell into this trap even though the game probably would have been much better served if it was hub-based like 2.

Wake me when it's out for PC. Until then, spoiler everything that doesn't spoiler you firsts.

the game was hyped through the roof because nostalgia and then hyped even more to spit on pcgamers.

I'd completely forgotten about oneyplays.

>Tfw bought a PS4 and RDR2 on launch and loved it
>Tfw bought a Switch and BotW right after because I wanted a similar experience again and loved it too

Attached: d0a.png (640x480, 14K)

its GTA but in a setting that is completely barren and without any of the features that make GTA fun

I never understood how it became so popular

Attached: 22.webm (1280x720, 1.63M)

Open world adds the exploring factor, which is great in some cases. But not on RDR2 because no matter how realistic the enviroment look when moving through it is a pain in the ass, either on horse or by foot

>No it's just that this "mild criticism" was largely just people assblasted that the game did not play like they personally wanted it to
So, mild criticism?

R* fanboys can't handle you rating their game 9.9/10 because it isn't 10/10. Pay them no mind.

Horse ride -> Cutscene -> Horse ride -> Shooting Gallery -> Repeat is a dumb and unsatisfying structure for a game.
I only played 4 hours of the first RDR.

Also this big time. I almost wrote about not liking Rockstar games in general but then I remembered my 50 hours in GTAV doing stuff like this. It's fun to play around in the world of those games.

I lost all will to continue playing after learning there were missable animals in Guarma. Fucking why? Guarma literally railroads you through missions outside of the very first section.

subjective opinion is not criticism and acting like it is is retarded.

Attached: 03a.jpg (600x454, 40K)

Wtf are you talking about ? The only mission where you help feminist are driving a wagon of suffragettes. You can even shit on women as Arthur telling them to literally go back to the kitchen.

good thing there's more to the game than that :)

Apart from the missions it's non linear as fuck. You're a brainlet

It hasn't been forgotten, it was the best game of 2018 by far and probably the best game of the gen.

What counts as criticism then? That argument can fit ANYTHING negative about the game.

You're right about DMC but there are like no RE2 threads aside from "God I wanna lick Claire's feet"

I base my opinions on videogames on what Jesus thinks, thank you very much

If only they made a total conversion expansion/sequel with Steampunk elements.

Because despite the graphics being pretty it played like complete shit compared to every Rockstar game to come out since GTA IV. It's a complete regression that had no reason to be praised so highly

Nah he just has the OLD GAME GOOD NEW GAME BAD mentality but taken to retarded levels
the very moment a new game uses some sort of feature that other new games use he calls it garbage
he's the last person to go to about games

nakeyjakey had a good video about RDR2 that pretty much said what it did right and wrong

Not him but objective design principles. You guys are literally are just plebs who have convinced yourselves you're patricians. When adults critique something together they don't snap back and forth at each other about completely arbitrary and personal value judgments.
>dis painting sucks because I HATE blue!

cope harder

Yeah but it gets + points for having an interesting setting, characters and story. Even if it is linear.

What do you mean? Oney and Jake are friends and it's clear they're only gonna play a game they both like
if they played a game that both would be divided on then you would just have constant threads of people calling them retards/fanboys

That video sucks and I hate that smug faggot. Not every game has to be a Lego sandbox where you can approach missions however you want.

I think he does something a lot of people nowadays they try way too hard to be "critical" of games without thinking about whether or not what they complain about is actually a dealbreaker

>Open world adds the exploring factor
except it doesn't. Exploration isn't really fun if there are no hidden paths or interesting level design. The Souls series has some of the best exploration ever, mainly because it's full of various different paths and secrets rather than just a big open space filled with trash mobs.

every time Oney complains about anything and people disagree with him he gets pissy about it too
I thought all these Newgrounds guys weren't pussies

have sex

Sluggish controls is a valid criticism though since the last Rockstar game felt smooth and responsive compared to RDR2. Hell, even GTA IV feels more responsive than RDR 2. The game plays like shit and trying to reflect it by bringing up Fortnite just makes you sound like a cum guzzling fanboy

Attached: 1553410196212.png (667x720, 134K)

>nakeyjakey
>smug
I get it user, he said not good things about a game you like and now you don't like him it's a common Yea Forums trait to have

this post is so brutally honest and an accurate reflection of Yea Forums in general, biggest example of it is
>but the story is bad because I could predict it you see!

Those are different types of exploration. The souls series is more like a terror game the first time you play it because you have to be on your toes at every turn. Bigger open world games are more chill.

I like when I stumble on a sidequest (a meaty one) just because I was walking around the place and not because a NPC on the city told me I had to go there to retrieve his grandpa axe or some other shit

What is it with you people and your obsession with dicks and cum? Are you just barely repressing your gay urges or something?

>predictable padded out stories are good if there's lots of talking

Finally, an adult opinion

>Sluggish controls is a valid criticism
Why does the control need to feel smooth? You don't have to like it, but the problem here is that it doesn't ruin the game like you seem to think

I've only ever seen that one video of his, I just didn't like his le meme bouncing on a ball/"clumsily explaining my point to make it seem smarter than it really is" style

Either way, I don't think every game has to be some Lego sandbox where you can do anything you want. RDR2 is sort of a hybrid between Naughty Dog games and open world games, I don't see why every open world game has to give you infinite options to complete missions.

It makes the game boring.
Not an argument.

no it doesn't

This post is such a huge moving of the goalposts that it ended up becoming a complete non-sequitur. There's no logical connection to my post at all, its just word salad.

im suprised it got so many high reviews its pretty to look at but god dam is there nothing to make you wanna replay after 1 playthrough empty as fuck

>somebody talking bad about RDR2
>immediately deflect to BotW

pathetic.

Attached: F26E8316-C180-48ED-BD8D-5D9135347545.jpg (750x392, 56K)

There's nothing Naughty Dog about this game. It's the GTA3 formula with next gen production values. Which is better

>it's boring because it doesn't zoom like fortnite

ah I see

strawman harder my low IQ friend

>empty as fuck
lol did you even play it

Because it's a third person shooter about a veteran gunslinger, you shouldn't feel like a drunk retard cripple old man who controls as if he's underwater. It is completely off the mark, and muh immersion is literally no excuse when games like fucking Uncharted figured that control scheme out AGES ago. The horse riding is shit, the shooting is shit, you spend 98% of your time not watching cutscenes doing one or the other. The game designers knew it was shit so they gave you auto-aim and a literal cinematic mode where you don't have to touch the controller since the only saving grace this game has are the graphics which will be surpassed next year.

>kek are you gay bro?
>N-not an argument

Attached: bojackhorseman.gif (430x303, 106K)

>ride to location, talk
>shoot easy dudes with cover
>ride back, talk
>repeat ad infinitum
Rockstar formula outstayed it's welcome. Everyone does it now and it's stale.

Everyone beat the story mode, and the online crashed and burned immediately

The lack of choice in missions makes it more like a Naughty Dog game than any other open world game, combined with the quality of animation and storytelling.

I think GTA 3 actually had more sandbox gameplay than RDR2, that was one of Nakeyjakey's points.

This post is so brutally true and honest it's incredible and a completely brilliant summation of this board in general. Bravo my good man!

I don't play Fortnite. I'd rather play RDR2 than Fortnite. DMC is my favorite game series. Nice strawman though.

>you shouldn't feel like a drunk retard cripple old man who controls as if he's underwater
It's a good thing you don't feel like that then

chris is someone who takes everything said on Yea Forums as gospel. aka a genuine retard people on Yea Forums would actually make fun of for being so stupid. doesn't he have actual mental disorders, too? that would explain it.

Dude rockstar games are for literal pre-teens you pretentious cuckold.

not that user but I think it's because most of these people have nostalgia for the older Rockstar games in that they believe those games had this "open sandbox do whatever you want" kind of design when really it was because most of them used cheats and did whatever the fuck they wanted and just ignored the bad parts of the games
If they made themselves play through the story missions to the end they would complain about the older games the same way they complain about RDR2

Nice strawman. Care to debate me honestly?

Prove that accusing someone of being gay is an argument.

oh my god who cares

if it doesn't serve the gameplay then what's the point of having an open world? the term open world is often synonymous with freedom, which is something you don't have in RDR2. there's leagues of difference between lego sandbox and railroad missions.

It does ruin the game though. When GTA V set a standard for Rockstar games going forward with gameplay the next game should feel just as good or better. For some reason though they made it regress to a point where it feels worse than fucking IV and is a fucking chore to play compared to other R* titles

>Not an argument
But a continual hyper-focusing on dicks, dicks cumming, and dicks in mouths IS an argument?

Turn off auto-aim and try to do something that, you know, an actual gunslinger that mows down dozens of people would do. Game is shite, every system is shite and it adds up to one giant pile of shite. No one cares about it anymore for a good reason.

nothing, it's more boring than IV's mp

There's like 2 maybe 3 missions in GTA3 that let's you get creative with how you choose to handle the outcome. Wasn't as big of a deal as he was trying to make it out to be. More creativity would be nice in future games but it's extremely hard to pull off a tight narrative while giving the player infinite amount of creativity to do whatever they please. As of right now, there is no open world game out there that has a really great narrative and creative player choice. You have to sacrifice one for the.

Although, I do think it's possible.The next successful and all around praised open world game will be one that tries to incorporate both

dear lord what happened to subtlety this is just a board where a bunch of retards try to out ironically shitpost each other now

Never said it was. I'm not the guy you originally were talking to.

>In logic and philosophy, an argument is a series of statements, called the premises or premisses, intended to determine the degree of truth of another statement, the conclusion.

You are obsessed with dicks and cum.
Gay people often exhibit a fixation on similar subjects, indicative of both their sexual deviancy and their hyper-sexuality.
Therefore you are more than likely gay.

By philosophic definition the above is unironically an argument. Therefore, accusing you of being gay was an argument.
QED

I think the purpose of the open world in RDR2's case is just to ground the characters in a believable environment. As opposed to watching a cutscene and all of a sudden we're in a snowy mountain, you actually have to travel there yourself.

The open world's purpose is more about "immersion" (can't think of a better term) than anything else. For some games it provides a sandbox but that doesn't always have to be the case.

>This criticism is not criticism because I don't like it
The state of r*bros

Literal non-argument.
What is in the OP has already happened btw, 3m views and overwhelmingly people agree. And the video was released like a month after the game.

Sorry to say but most Newgrounds guys are complete children. As much as I love the Sleepycabin guys and still listen to Sleepycast to this day, listening to it just shows what kind of childish idiots they can be

I literally can't when your post is a legitimate strawman. You completely avoided the point and made a shitload of assumptions about my position and then attacked those. Where did I say length was a positive for a story in m post? Or talking being necessary? Where did I even MENTION RDR2 in my post?
>Care to debate me honestly?
Christ, its like watching a toddler trying to drive a car. You have no idea how stupid you are and pass your days in blissful ignorance.

It's not an argument against this, though, and no amount of mental gymnastics can make it one.

>no one cares about it anymore
>is literally currently arguing about it with strangers on the internet
Your whole life is one big joke mate

I never said that calling out the dick-focus was an argument either you complete retard

>what is hyperbole
ESL or just low IQ?

Does anyone else know this feel bros?
>enjoy playing RDR2
>beginning very hype
>story is excellent
>totally invested in game
>starts watching spaghetti Westerns
>make cowboy theme'd cuisine
>drink black coffee everyday
>sudden feminist plugin takes me out of the game's world
>game near the end starts to drag on
>don't even finish epilogue
>look back and find the game boring
I think RDR2 peaked when that first MC character got sniped out of no where. The beginning was very hype, but I didn't like the bayou scenery at all. Nonetheless I deleted all of my saved data to make more room. I had WAY more fun playing Persona 5. Honestly, I think RDR2 has forever burned me from ever playing another Western vidya ever again. From now on I will strictly play non-Western games.

Attached: stop.gif (400x282, 955K)

what the fuck did you just call me?

The epilogue is two hours max and you do farm stuff for like 30 minutes, calm down.

I never said it was. You asked me to prove it was an argument and I did. I never presented it as an argument against your post at any point, that was just a retard assumption you made. I just saw a creep with a dick-fixation and had to inquire.

i appreciate them striving for immersion but it seems a bit excessive when the world can't be utilized as anything other than a narrative vehicle, which could be accomplished with a hub or even a completely linear world.

He's not wrong though.
BoTW is the worst kind of game.
Collectathon where the collectables do very little or nothing to enhance the game.

You can beat the game with random items found in the castle and easy to make food that gives temp hearts.

'Dude' and 'pretentious cuckold', in that order. I also implied you may be a pre-teen, as they are the target audience for R* games.

No it's just an opinion, so disagreeing with it doesn't mean that I "can't handle it" meanwhile you're whining because onions reviewers gave it a score you don't agree with :/

He tried to complain about how shitty america is because he thought the entire country had property tax, when its just the state he lives in. Funny how much he complains about where he lives too but doesn't move the fuck out or do something about it. Not like he's taking advantage of being in LA anyways.

>doesn't understand sarcasm or humor
Emotionally dead or just autistic?
or both?

It was your only response though and addressed none of the other points, making it appear as if you have no argument.

wow and you feel comfortable doing that anonymously over the internet?

Japan and Nippon dorks love RDR2 though white boy weeb

Now that that's out of the way, do you have an argument against everything else in the post?

>a year
It barely lasted a month.
youtube.com/watch?v=zmuJyykzLwI
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn3g25ZEbak
youtube.com/watch?v=Ft9eGZI3WLU
And so on.

And that's what makes it good. You dont need 1 gorrilion overpowered items and overpowered combinations of ritual voodoo bullshit to win. If you're good you can beat it with starter shit and no investment in stats

>I base my opinions from only the finest choice youtubers

lmao stick to fortnite

Attached: 1500082900410.png (669x514, 25K)

RDR2 sold like 30 million copies so even if every single person who watched some video owned the game and agreed that it was shite, who gives a shit desu. Checkmate

>His popular video ever
>Tons of rockstars praising
>RDR2 music video

Rockstar dick rider desu. Needs to make a video thanking Rockstar for his success

Kek, no retard, you just put me in the arbitrary position of being your logical adversary on the basis of your own assumptions. I was never even trying to defend the game, I was only commenting on how niggas like you seem to constantly talk about dicks in these threads. Fortunately for me your inability to correctly interpret a post is not my responsibility whatsoever.

>Play a game
>Reach conclusions about it from my experiences playing it
>"That's not criticism! It's just an opinion!"
What arbitrary criteria must an opinion meet to ascend to criticism?

Nope, I actually agree that the controls are sluggish and its a negative for the game. Never really gave a shit about the argumentative content of your post, if that hasn't sunk in by now

I'm stating a fact, without my opinion attached, that what the guy in OP said would happen, already has.
>stick to fortnite
You are aware that fortnite has the exact same audience as the people that gobble up RDR2 right? I.e. people that think of games are social events as opposed to an actual hobby. It's about as superficial too.

>what the guy in OP said would happen, already has
how is it "already happening" when it's literally outsold every new 2019 game only counting January 1st sales?

i'd argue that that's what makes the game great; you have the choice to go to the castle immediately or gradually expand your inventory and get stronger.

based

nice strawman. The argument isn't over the actual criticism but whether the game is "forgotten" i.e. overly bad, and it's the shitters who seem to be having trouble coping with the fact that people have a different opinion and not the other way around.

The Rockstar Fanboy Checklist:
>go back to Fortnite
>zoomer
>you have ADD/ADHD
>impatient
>short attention span
>nitpicking
>your opinion doesn't matter
>graphics>gameplay
>contrarian
>I never had a problem/it's on you
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>the horses are better than RDR1
>the controls are better than RDR1
>it's only the beta
>10/10
>Online review scores
>reddit spacing
>angry PC gamer
>nintendie
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>it's a single player game
>it's not a twitch shooter
>nobody complains about x
>masterpiece
>regurgitated Dutch memes
And their personal favorite
>you didn't play the game
If you think you're arguing with a fanboy, simply resort to this checklist, call him a fanboy, then ignore him. Watch him cower and recoil as he's been found out.

OK, you're right. I stand corrected. I'm not even him. I was just taking his place in the argument to troll :)

Sales are completely unrelated to videos being made about it being overrated and people agreeing with said videos. Is your brain wired wrong or something?

>design good mission
Or
>make horse go plop plop

The choice is obvious

The second one. "Muh realism" viral marketing is the reason why it sold two billion copies

>Video games are a hobby not a social gathering!
>Haha this game suxxx because there's no more social buzz around it lmao I only like cool games.

Make up yer mind ;)

Attached: 1500082618014.jpg (384x384, 15K)

I loved RDR on PS2.
Played that game start to finish.
RDR2 I couldn't put much time in at all Barely hit chapter 3 before I dropped it. Haven't touched it since and have no regrets. Maybe Oney is right, and if he is I'll just say "I told you so."

Attached: 1531950878196.png (1600x1425, 1.19M)

It was shit

man you really hate this game lmao

>make a thread asking where all the fans of a game went
>said fans show up and voice their opinion
>yo wtf

nigger logic.

Attached: 1500758750278.png (482x372, 176K)

When did I ever make that argument? Take your meds, also an IQ test. You need some help if processing some words is this hard.

Attached: 2hg8f0k.gif (437x333, 32K)

It's not forgotten though, completely opposite. It's more relevant than any other 2019 game. Discussions and videos being made will not help the developers get funded for a new project

me 2

I was quoting these 3 posts:
Where two Rockstar bros come together and agree that there's a difference between legitimate criticism and mere opinion, and you can tell the difference by whether the critic likes RDR2. Lol

What shitty dev fanboy are you from? No reason to hate another devs so much.

All im saying is the shitposters get really mad when you tell them you disagree with what is flawed with the game

You seem to change what you say often then

>I had WAY more fun playing Persona 5. Honestly,
same

Lol sure kid. Can't wait for all the big new hot two games coming out in the future to try to push that they are "technical marvels" and then a video gets uploaded that compares it to rdr2's technical achievements and they still look like a joke in comparison.

there's a lot of autistic small things going on in this game that I don't think going to be surpassed anytime soon.

keep up kiddo

The core gameplay is basically just going from point A to B and shoot people there, but this time without the amusement of driving at 200 miles per hour. It's like a poor man's GTA, the game don't give you the opportunity to have fun on your own like GTA does.

Also, escort missions are just a way to force you to hear dialogue, but without the opportunity to just drive fast while people talk their garbage, you see how much they suck. I hated then on AssCreed, and I hated then on RDR2.

Attached: 1540819156133.png (869x1080, 571K)

>I think RDR2 has forever burned me from ever playing another Western vidya ever again
This. I finished the game and now I have zero intention of ever playing an open-world western-made game ever again. About half way through the game became a slog and was boring, and the epilogue fucking dragged on forever.
The gameplay is unnecessarily slow and missions were so shit that a friend and I were arguing over who would have to do the forced horse-riding during missions. I was so tempted to stop playing and watch the end on Youtube, I wish I had.

you for replying apparently

he's become your typical American

The first RDR was really fun. The controls are just so shitty in this game that it's ruining the experience for everyone.

What's wrong with the dialogue? Every piece of dialogue rivals, if not surpasses any of the "classic" literature I've read such as The Great Gatsby and To Kill a Mockingbird. Maybe you should check out Fortnite

>it's bonly hated on because of it's massive praise

Pathetic faggots, move on. It's 97 meta was always a given. GTAVI will get a 98. MOVE ON and stop getting ass hurt

I thought the hunting shit got annoying. Bad enough I had to collect 10 bear asses but now I had to swap out a specific gun for each ass i want to collect

wrong, I thought the controls were great

Rockstar games are extremely overrated, they have fun sandboxes to fuck around in and then you do a mission and its boring linear garbage 90% of the time.

What is wrong with the online?

And this is the reason to avoid YouTube,
order of magnitude considering comments on YT.

Did they have shit to buy with real money? Will it not be a cash cow like GTA5?

>if you didn't like RDR2, you like Fortnite
Strawman.

I didnt like since the day it came out

absolute brainletpost, not only did GTAO take time to get off the ground itself, the built in audience for it is mostly still on V rightnow because of all the content it's had added to it over the years. Not to mention no PC version. It just needs time to mature like GTAO

The only core I cared about was dead eye since that drain the fastest and health when I was getting shot. I dont think i ever notice stamina

>If you like the controls then you can't handle criticism

Attached: 1546648245249.jpg (2448x3264, 287K)

The one thing I hate about the controls is that almost everything requires holding down the button to actually do the action. Why is this such a common trend now? It just fucking wastes time, I could understand if it was important decisions but it's always banal shit like picking up beans or making ammo.
It's objectively bad controls to give every action a one-second delay before it commences.

Whoa there, better reread what I wrote there mate, I never mentioned dialogue at all. Although I think that your response was a poor attempt at a false-flag, Rockstar fanboys embarrass themselves enough already without needing false-flaggers.

Explain to everybody here why you think input delay and forced animations, and forced walking to be great.

He's wrong. That happened after a month. In a year it will be 'secretly rockstars best game'

well played, I'll get you next time devilish user

immersion, If you want Arthur to get his ass in gear tap A, he moves faster. Shit like that you know?

There are things that cost the gold currency Rockstar sells at the cash shop but you can grind it for free as well. They also gave free jewgolds as login bonuses in the early days, dunmo if they do that anymore but I stopped giving a shit about the online when Red Dead General died.

Attached: 1548277383767.jpg (1920x1080, 533K)

>muh immersion
Entertainment > realism
Try watching a movie

>you can tell the difference
Who the fuck do you think you're fooling? There are legitimate issues with the game that can be discussed, but the accurate criticism on the criticism is that it tends to focus on incredibly subjective things that shut the conversation down immediately. You're retarded and just can't accept that you're not as smart as you think you are so your cognitive dissonance forces you to purposely mischaracterize shit
instead of
>I don't like horse riding, game sucks
>I do, game is great
critique the mission structure or some shit, something where discussion is actually possible, I mean Jesus something aside from
>I don like thing game bad

I'm sorry you can't accept my criticism, but not every game needs to control like Fortnite desu

I don't like Fortnite, DMC is my favorite series
Strawman

Because it was more of a film than a game.
And that's no exaggeration, most of your time is spent watching animations, the small things, etc, rather than actually doing more engaging tasks.

stay mad faggots the singleplayer is fucking amazing. Once it comes to PC it will be even greater cause we'll have RDRRP severs instead of the assfucking given out by take two that is known as RDROnline

Try to respond without using anything in this checklistAlso, I don't have input delay in real life, so maybe try not using immersion as your argument. Maybe you're 50 years old with arthritis, and it takes you 30 seconds to get out of bed in the morning.
That's not an excuse for bad controls.
Input delay is always a bad thing, and doesn't make sense from a videogame perspective, nor does it make sense from a real life perspective. Try not to fanboy in your next response.

But RDR2 completely fails at immersion, the game is constantly holding your hand and restricting your movement. When you want to run through camp and the game stops you, that completely shatters any sense of immersion and makes you immediately realise you're playing a video game.

I never said you did, relax.

Looking at DMCV reception... You couldn't be more right, user

Immersion was awful when you wanted to cook a ton of food

Yes all it had going for it was the graphics and they took that away from everyone

Attached: 1550164411278.jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

immersion doesn't imply perfect or even greater mimesis

Because they took COD route.
Small SP experience in huge ass open world and tanking everathing on MP.

People are fucking tired of fucking MP in general.

MP was always kinda sideshit in games but lazy devs/pubs saw opportunity to earn more cash with less work with all them meta-content-gameplay where you have to play with other people.

You can easily beat this game with your starting weapons. I did this on my second play through. This renders hunting, fishing, and those tedious challenges useless and unnecessary. After you beat the game there's nothing to do. That's why a lot of people including myself always looked forward to the online. The online is even worse as it shows how bad the gameplay is when you're playing against actual players.
That didn't make any sense. Swallow your pride like you're swallowing Rockstar's cock right now.

>that completely shatters any sense of immersion and makes you immediately realise you're playing a video game.
no, having unrestrained Ubisoft style movement where you're walking fullspeed into walls and such is immersion breaking. There's a lot aurally to take in at camp and lowering the walking speed means you can focus on that without having to worry about the controls as much.

Unlike GTA, RDR didnt become a MMO properly.

>RDR2 completely fails at immersion
Stopped reading there how fucking retarded are you? RDR2 biggest thing is all the immersion shit like footprints in mud, first person mode, cleaning guns, the feeling of guns change as they get dirtier, you put and remove your guns off your horse, and your guns are always shown on you and it shows you take them off their back etc. This game is filled to the brim with immersion shit, you are retarded.

>Small SP experience

uhm no

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
lol

Rockstar is actually pretty fucking incompetent when it comes to programming dynamic AI so they just have scripted as fuck missions that fail you for going five feet out of the zone they force you into
There's a bit in RDR2 where you are given the perfect opportunity to kill a shitty general and the game doesn't tell you that you can't but it's an instant mission fail if you do because he has to come back for a scripted segment where he dies missions later

Attached: nigga please.jpg (372x408, 12K)

the game even gave you a button to toggle on and off the hud, unlike pretty much all games. that just shows how much they cared more about immersion than other games that they were willing to delicate a button to turning off and on the hud

Stay on topic. Reddit spacing is on the checklist by the way. Just FYI.

lol cope

>shitposter doesn't even know what he's talking about
Just played it today and it looks gorgeous.

>you can easily beat this game with your starting weapons
And???
That applies to pretty much all action / shooty games out there. I played through Quake 2 just using the default blaster that never runs out of ammo,although it was less a challenge run and just because I liked the blaster a lot.

Attached: 1547416214145.jpg (1920x1080, 374K)

or maybe R* designed the game around linear missions to complement the open ended exploration when you're not in a mission? The map is littered with shit to find and collect.

I have gotten these so far:
>go back to Fortnite
>zoomer
>you have ADD/ADHD
>impatient
>short attention span
>nitpicking
>your opinion doesn't matter
>contrarian
>Rockstar sold x amount of copies
>10/10
>Online review scores
>muh realism
>muh immersion
>nobody complains about x
>masterpiece
You?

lol cope

>The map is littered with shit to find and collect.
You mean all of the items you walk up and press the interact button to collect or all of the "dynamic" events that play out exactly the same every time with you either doing what they ask or getting scared because you bugged out or pulled out a gun or you killing them?

Attached: make kamurocho great again.jpg (469x407, 46K)

imagine getting this upset over others enjoying a game you don't lol

The gameplay and mission structure is not worth writing home about. All the cool ideas can be ignored and aren't really all that important and ended up just being shit that sounds cool in the marketing material but it's actually uninteresting in the game itself.

>everything on rails, deviate from mission path, get a fail
>lot of side quest threads are in-joke crap eg. two brothers
>set in late 1800's, still manage to shoehorn in awkward PC bullshit
>once you finish campaign all side quests end because Rockstar wants you to go online
>PvP online is shit because online was an after thought and because of clunky animation
>rewards online are a fucking joke, the grind is F2P tier

Cope with what? Dumb fanboys being dumb? Cope with the fact people don't like the same things you like.

stay mad m8 its a good game and you're just salty people talk about it.

among all the other shit, yea. Sounds like open world exploration games just aren't your thing and that's alright no one's forcing you to play this game.

>It has the illusion of an open world without being open world
The fuck does this even mean?
Do you guys just say shit that you think sounds smart so people on an anonymous board think you're cool?

It's literally paid marketers, they've adopted much more abrasive tactics in the last year or two to try and fit in with the youth of today.

incel detected

cope harder ;)

It's the best story ever in a video game. People bragged on NieR so of course red Dead is going to be remembered despite bad gameplay

I don't hate the game. I guess it was pretty nice. I just don't worship it.

lol yeah ive been in this thread laughing my ass off at the haters. its honestly really funny andi intend to respond to them all day with empty passive aggressive statements ending with lol or lmao because its really funny and im not mad

>Cope with the fact people don't like the same things you like.
Damn.....its almost as if.....you came into a thread discussing a game and are acting like you're being attacked when in reality you come into a thread of a game you dont like and get upset people like the game you dont like.

Name one highly rated game from the late 2000s that is still remembered fondly today

I never said you hated it, but you're clearly butthurt af

Coping just fine. You seem to have trouble.

It is a western game for people that don't like westerns. So while it did it's job at pleasing the people that don't like westerns, it did nothing to make itself a remarkable as a western game.

Mass Effect
Fallout 3
Bioshock

>ROILING

okay m8

Name a better western cowboy game

Just go jerk off or something. Apparently women having rights freaks you out.

lmao this is bait right?

Just ignore the rockstar shills, theyre still upset their general is dead and no one likes their shitty movie.

RDR1 is a better western than RDR2, for one.

You seem to reply to the only responses that are easy and one worded instead of the people actually calling you on your shit. Its clear you're a retard who came into a thread confused why people like something you dont and got BTFO. Cope my brother.

Bioshock, Galaxy, Portal, Uncharted 2, Persona 3, Mass Effect, Persona 4

How?
It has less features and a smaller less varied map.

That's the thing. Not everyone cares about cowboys.

>All the cool ideas can be ignored
That's all well and fine but the game tries to appeal to people who actually enjoy playing the game instead of trying to finish the game as fast as possible and if you're rejecting all that the game tries to offer you no wonder you're not having fun. I kinda can relate to you since I streamed my second playthrough and had next to no fun rushing through the storu but my third playthrough has been amazing since I can waste entire days just venturing into the wilderness, hunting and getting into capers. I captured a female bandit, drowned her, then rode two days around with her hogtied corpse on my saddle to see if her body would rot. I got into a bunch of fights with dudes tryi ng to report me to the authorities and I camped in the woods a bunch to evade the law and got into interesting and sporadic firefights. Then I dumped her into a farm's pig pen and watched some hogs eat her body. The point is that you have as much fun with the game as you're willing to have as long as you enjoy wild west or RDR1.

Attached: 1552210584066.jpg (680x1280, 94K)

Look, RDR2 world is filled with so many 3d models and interesting locations, only a total moron can't populate that world with meaningful quests(or whatyoumaycallit) but they opt with ~10 same mechanics on which they build "narrative".

But, once you catch an animal, rob a bank, insert action, you immediately feel they are artificial(and just go thru the motions),
hand modeled quests IS where it's at.

Attention spans are at an all time low. You can't remember anything if you're distracted from it before you even finish it.

Attached: 1549376482044.gif (458x452, 647K)

I accept your concession.
And it makes hunting, fishing, and challenges useless.
I got muh immersion so far. I was arguing with one of the retards about the bad controls, though he didn't bring up the first game. You have to understand that most of the people defending this game are children. Don't get too angry over it, even though you didn't get your money's worth. They didn't buy their game. You can't expect them to understand.

>How?
holy cringe fucking kys

But it actually takes place in the west, unlike RDR2 that only goes to the west during the epilogue. RDR2 has too much in non-western story telling themes and elements.

See . When I said people don't like it, I wasn't talking about myself.
Not butthurt, but R* fanboys are.
I don't care if you talk about a game I don't like, I just think it's annoying when people can't accept criticism.

uh no there's a lot more quest variation in the game then you're letting on.

>hand modeled quests IS where it's at.
Good thing there's like 90 of them in RDR2 I guess?

>n-no u

seethecity lmao

>not everyone cares about cowboys
??? Then why buy a game about cowboys?

Attached: Dzt-wtmXgAAenZV.jpg (680x680, 69K)

The question was “What late 00s games are still remembered fondly today” And normies still universally love those games, regardless of your opinion on them. Therefore he is correct

no, it means the "open world" is meaningless as soon as you enter a mission and any deviation from the developer mandated rails casues it to fail.

Those were the only responses my post got unless I missed one by accident. I'm not confused that people like something I don't. I don't even hate the game. I hate certain aspects of the game. You're a retard for thinking "cope" is an argument. Learn to accept criticism of something you like.

Collectables and side quests do what they are meant to do: Promote exploration. its not hard to understand.

Normies will eat up anything

Attached: JockMooney-FinancialTimes_FT_Jonathan_Franzen_72-940x529.png (940x529, 289K)

>twitter screencap

Attached: 1539544201453.jpg (1600x920, 246K)

>R* fanboys get butthurt at criticism
>People call them out on it
>R* fans call them butthurt as a deflection
>People see through the deflection

>as soon as you enter a mission
well good thing there's a whole sandbox outside of the missions then huh?

That's not necessarily a bad thing. Rockstar don't do open world RPG's, they do solid story telling. In an open world.

What's the point of that if every time you get to an event all sandbox elements are gone?

and i care about that why? to collect x pelts for a coat?

Rockstar fanboys are mostly kids.

>Rockstar don't do open world RPG's, they do solid story telling

Attached: 15367867964.jpg (625x352, 113K)

That's the thing, you're actively avoiding the fun or trying to say this and that doesn't matter i.e you're refusing to actually play the game. I kinda get the suspicion that you only watched youtube videos and didn't actually play.

Attached: Dwq7K8DU0AAE2jP.jpg (638x1200, 112K)

it was forgotten literally a month after release

>lets make a game where electricity didnt exist yet and everyone is a backwards drumphy
shocked so many people even bought this garbage

But fetch quests and meaningless collect X amount of something quests aren't good gameplay, and that's all the game offers outside of cutscene quests

its boring as fuck

Attached: 1550078510777.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

Attached: 123456712378.jpg (535x377, 19K)

yes, by playing the missions and finding them lacking i'm avoiding to play the game.

it couldn't be that the game is an incoherent mess that incorpoates 2 inherently incompatible design choices (open world + very linear mission design). it is me just deciding not to have fun.

Attached: DvJQy_oUwAAQDx7.jpg (464x497, 26K)

the story is really the only good thing about it, having such a big world with limiters just makes all the side stuff a chore more than just fun.

also no liars dice fuck R

journos don't play the game anymore. they watched a few cutscenes and were like "ok this is goty" never realizing that the gameplay was garbage

>What are challenges
>what is hunting
>what is clearing gang hideouts
>what is treasure hunting

The appeal of this game is wild west roleplay and doing immersive exploration in the boots of an outlaw and you can go robbing people, live in the great outdoors and overall go fulfill your wild west fantasies. It amazes me how you're literally too autistic to have fun unless the game is forcing you to.

Attached: 1549197594680.jpg (1920x1080, 560K)

The fanboy's favorite catchphrase. See

Exploration is its own reward. Collectibles are secondary.

Well judging from this thread they played a whole lot more than the seething nincels and pee sea kekolds

The game mechanics were good.

However, the writing was very left wing which clashes with the setting, the protagonists are written as social justice warriors and the right is constantly pigeonholed into caricatures throughout the single player and multiplayer campaigns.

The multiplayer was heavily compromised by the desire to coerce players into microtransactions, the mp content is thin and grindy.

now this is cope

How much is R* paying you to shill their game

Attached: mfw_i_see_a_janny.jpg (1920x1080, 177K)

Shooting galleries and "treasure hunts" aren't quality content, hate to break it to you.

there's more events in RDR2 than just missions

>I SAID STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE IT'S SHIT END OF
lol and a frog poster at that

Attached: 1461200261223.png (485x352, 120K)

Your fucktarded checklist is meaningless and should honestly count as spam at this stage. I'm a Rockstar fan that played every mainline GTA except 5 and RDR1/2 so yeah I'm a fan and this game was made for fans of Rockstar's games.

Unless they're done right like in RDR2 :)

Not on pc

Why did buy a third person shooter if you don't enjoy shooting?
Like you're constantly just digging yourself deeper into a hole.

>look mom I quoted a lot of posts!

AKSHUWALLY it has goody good and baddy bad cowbo mechanics. So you can easily get another 3 hours out of the game.

You can say the same about FROMshitters when you pick apart their precious Souls/BB games. They're just such fucking aspies that they can't spout anything but "git gud".

Attached: 1540898055122.png (500x630, 181K)

But the shooting isn't even good. It has some of the worst shooting I've ever seen.

>cliche story
>trite characters
>unoriginal gameplay
let's call a spade a spade

Attached: rs-201980-AP_43842442723.jpg (3500x2333, 1.27M)

Why are Rockstar drones such disgusting sycophants? The game has flaws, deal with it. I'm disgusted by you autistic faggots that conflate liking things with them being objectively good.

You simply cannot argue without using anything on the checklist. Your regurgitated catchphrases and hivemind-like responses prove that you're fanboys. You're not supposed argue with fanboys as everything they say is illogical. You're supposed to call them out. I didn't make the list either. Though it's hilarious how accurate it is. And I know angry you all get went I point out which catchphrases you used. Stay mad :)

you misspelled 'based'

>ive been found out. shut it down

If "the map is bigger than ever before!" is a widely advertised feature for the next GTA title also, there will be cause for concern

All the people complaining/criticizing can't even complete a coherent thought without fitting in a buzzword.
No one takes you idiots seriously aside from your own dumb peers.
The game may not have been 10/10 but there is over 40 hours worth of content in singleplayer alone, and I don't understand people when they say "illusion" of open world. The only illusion here is you thinking your opinion is valid. Considering it was one huge sandbox that at the end of the game, has one of the biggest maps of all time in an open world game.
Aside from actual random events, the side mission/collectibles are actually worth going for and feel organic to the setting, not just shoehorned in last minute.
I bet half of you didn't even play it, and the other half has fortnite in their top 5 games.
The controls aren't terrible to anyone who can actually plan out their movements 2 seconds ahead of time. "Horse controls fucking suck" I bet they do for someone who tries to move last minute, that's exactly how riding a horse works right? You're able to move exactly how you want the moment you want to do it? Fucking kids on this site, I swear.

Attached: 1517255622918.gif (500x373, 445K)

This is the most pathetic attempt at defending this game I've seen.
Yea Forums truly is full of kids.

>Stay mad
Why would I stay mad when I enjouly the game and the game enjoys a pretty widespread approval? The only people who I've seen being ''mad'' are bitter fucks who wanted the game to fail and people without the means to actually play it i.e pc keks and nintendorks

I dunno, I enjoy it just fine. Never had to use autoaim and I only rarely use dead eye either. It takes a while to get accustomed to but I don't think it's bad by any means.

Attached: 1549523393943m.jpg (1024x576, 86K)

>why is rdr2 forgotten
>makes a thread about rdr2
I guess not, retard.

>mentioning Fortnite
Fucking Rockstar drones.

very
interesting
point

>replying to me without an actual opinion
go fucking kill yourself, your kind is ruining any type of discussion.

We live in a post Breath of the Wild world, and RDR2 is a game that took nothing from what BOTW taught everyone.
It's like 3D games back in the late 90s that released without learning anything from Ocarina of Time or Mario 64 -- they're obsolete.

Attached: 1543979729661.jpg (1920x1090, 593K)

>I've been found out
Oh noooo how will I ever recover admitting to being fan of a developer that's put out nothing but quality games!? Truly I'm buggered beyond belief!

All of their home console releases have been successful and widely enjoyed.

Attached: 1512322385325.gif (492x705, 18K)

There is no discussion to be had, the game is a good looking linear scripted "sandbox" that feels like a chore to play, has hours upon hours of horse riding to pad out its length and its linear mission structure and game design feels dated in a post BOTW world.

>Game X
>Game Y
>Game Y2

Attached: 1495648947669.png (400x409, 189K)

SHut the fuck up zoomer. Unlike Fortnite this games naming convention makes perfect sense

Yet he still has a lets play channel. I'm really starting to notice the fact that barely any of these YouTube letsplayers actually like video games.

The controls are bad-fact.
The story is good-opinion.
>Fortnite
That's a check, fanboy!
>mentioning Nintendo
That's another check for you, fanboy!
Both of you fanboys see

The satire in R*'s titles fosters unfounded aloofness among some players. A good portion of those who swear by their games are escapists with power fantasies. Just look at the game series' forums.

Red Dead Revolver and Redemption were not connected storywise.
It's like with the Souls Series, Demon's Souls, then Dark Souls 1 and 2 because while the general premise was the same, the setting and the story changed.

Or how GTA3 had Vice City and San Andreas but then GTA4 took a clean break from the characters established in the GTA3,VC,San Andreas ''trilogy''

Attached: 1549362323145.png (618x824, 25K)

>feels like a chore to play
There are literally no chores in game, you don't have to eat to survive, you don't have to feed your horse, you don't have to clean or do anything you yourself do not want to do.
>horse riding to pad out it's length
Yes, I agree that there's a shit ton of horse riding but for the long trips, they skip right to the area. The other trips are usually filled with discussion that gives you an idea of who the characters are, so I honestly didn't mind that but an understandable complaint.
>linear mission structure
A lot of the missions were varied in objectives, though most of them required a shootout. Classic R* mate, did you think you were going to have complete control on how you finished the mission? Most games don't even allow this, I don't see why this is a targeted complaint.

This is how you can tell the majority of rock star fans are kids. just read their responses and count how many times they bring up fortnite.

I don't think RDR2 is bad overall, but there were some aspects I didn't like. The control was slugggish, and the control scheme itself (like what buttons do shat) is outdated. I didn't like the way it puts "realism" and "immersion" over gameplay, like the slow animations to pick up objects, cleaning your horse/guns, not being able to carry all your guns at once, manually cocking your gun, etc. The horses control like shit, they were better in RDR1. I liked the story, (even though I liked 1's story more) the cast and the setting. It's a good game, but no masterpiece.
Also, I don't like Fortnite.

>the controls are bad
says you, and everyone who are naturally terrible at playing games. The people who actually are not complete shit had a fine fucking time.

Turns out it wasn't very good.

RDR2 isn't a hard game by any means.

/thread

>there are no chores in the game
Except for playing it, input delay, sluggish horse controls, worse aiming than MP3 and GTAV had, lengthy unskippable animations for skinning animals and looting, etc.

>People shat on anyone who dared criticize MGS5 on release
>A year later those same people are harolded as heroes for just expressing an opinion

Yeah I can see that, same thing is happening to MHW, RE7, BoW, GoW, and soon to be DMC5 and RE2, so this game is no exception.

>feels like a chore to play
There are literally no chores in game,

are you retarded

I beat the game twice, and I'm a level 67 online. I mainly play PvP to rank up and get money. I have more experience with this game than you. I like the game, but the controls are bad. That's a fact. This game isn't competitive nor is it "hard".

Every game and dev has flaws. Why are you so focused on shitting on Rockstar? They're actually still making single player experiences. They're not your enemy. You need to be focused on shitting on Epic, Blizzard, Tencant, EA, and Sony who want to destroy the industry and gain a profit by any means necessary or push censorship on everything.

Can we get a sanchez and nagasaki blazer -dlc for this??

That's exactly my point, the people who complain about the controls are just shit at games. Not being able to adapt to the pace of a game isn't the game's fault.

I love western movies but hate western games

Ahh fresh meme complaints
Before it was
>OPEN WORLD GAMES ARE A MEME
Now
>ugh its too linear
Fact is, no one on here is satisfied with literally anything

I beat the game twice, and I'm level 150.
I have more experience with this game with you, I like the game, and the controls are okay. That's a fact.

It's not in the real world, dumb dumb. Yea Forums is an echo chamber, not representative of the real world. RDR2 is STILL being aggressively marketed.

No it isn't you conspiratorial sperg. Some people disagree with you, shocking isn't it?
Everyone shit on RDR2 players so we called you out too, fucking deal with it "muh shills" pussy

Not relevant to this discussion

Sakurai is the biggest hack of all time.

But this is what the faggots here always bitch about
>ugh open world games are too open ended, I prefer linear gameplay
You fags will never be happy, its pointless to even argue

Forced walking and shaving are two chores that come to mind. When you're old enough to start growing hair on your face to where you have to shave, you'll understand how annoying and tedious it is. Having a system like GTA5 and most other games are perfectly fine.
I can post my hours and my rank with a timestamp. Can you? You sound like a whiny child.

that's why the online is empty
gameplay is shit

tell me what chore in the game is forced upon you, requiring you to complete it every time before being able to do anything at all?
You can never eat, sleep, feed/clean your horse, and be just fucking fine. Cores mean literally nothing and are there just for immersion. What do you define as chore? Having to travel to the objective/mission on your horse?
Your line is too broad.

>endless shill threads for From and Capcom
This is okay
>a handful of posts praising RDR2
MUH SHILLS MARKETING

Anyone who thinks that riding to each mission for 5 minutes and then listening to so fuck prattle on for another 5 should be hanged

Attached: The fuck.jpg (1114x879, 346K)

>wait a year until the buzz has died down
>contrarians start circlejerking because the general public who's favorable has moved on already
every time

I have beaten much harder games and I just don't like RDR2's controls.

But its not forgotten, its my game of the generation.

BotW is better in every way.
Nintendo went and did what Rockstar loves to pretend they do.

Is there a way to see stats on social club? I'm not going to turn on my xbox to satisfy some random user on the internet, my self-esteem isn't that low.
Believe me, I got up that high from playing from day 1 and doing PVP from day 1. I'm more familiar with the controls than most people on this site, so when I see people complain all I really hear is "I fucking suck and I blame the game." RDR1 horse controls might have been better, and yeah auto-aim sucks dick but the game isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. It's as if skill gets thrown out of the equation every time controls for a game get brought up.

I love that for years building up to the release of this gamez the main consensus and shit talking about the game before it launched was that it would be half assed and the multiplayer would be the main experience.

As it turns out, the multiplayer was not the main focus during development. Single player was such a huge development focus multiplayer was hurt because of the lack of development and focus

If you allow your cores to drain, your health, stamina, and dead eye will regenerate much slower. You'll stumble around and you'll have much more sway with you reticle.
Same here. RDR2 is an easy game that holds your hand. The controls are terrible though.

BotW sequel also has to live up to the standard RDR2 set now according to Sakurai. Don't think those Nintendo investors also didn't see how much more revenue RDR2 brought in for comparison. They took an L yet again, dating back now since 2001 to Rockstar.

So you're unwilling post a timestamp? I figure that. You just repeated the exact same thing I said to you earlier and claimed to have a higher rank in order to win the argument. But still, you refused to post one. I accept your defeat, kid.

RDR2 failed to live up to the standard BotW set and feels like a decade old game with current graphics.

No amount of funni character conversations will make holding down a button to ride on a road for 10 minutes at the start of the game's many many missions not be a chore

Even though none of that's true or matters. Investors want money. And in one weekend rdr2 brought in more than a lifetime of BotW.

According to Sakurai, no it didn't. Other way around fanboy