Is dark souls 3 worth playing or is it really as bad as v says it is?

Attached: 163A101F-BA75-4864-A9A2-75D825C11BCF.jpg (507x290, 24K)

its the best in the series

I enjoy it

Attached: 1449459029543.png (554x439, 146K)

Better than cringekeiro

it's alright
worst game in the series and really just nostalgia faggot wanking to dark souls 1, but still worth your time if you enjoyed ds1

It's not bad at all, but it's pretty bland. One of the best 7/10 games you'll play.

anyone saying it's bad is a moron.

the first half + demon ruins is ds2 tier but the rest is almost ds1 level of good

What do you mean by bland?

Most builds are viable. All bosses are solid. DLC links the main story of DS3 back to DS1 for a an actual ending.
It's the most replayable Souls imo.

if you enjoy souls games you’ll enjoy 3, on it’s own merits however its quite bland.

DS3 is about equal with DS1 imho. Tied for the best in the series. Don't listen to the DS2 worshipping mongrels.

you're as ignorant as the dregs of Yea Forums so you might as well not play it. you'll just ask "what did i think of this?" afterward.

think for yourself.

its the best of the trilogy so yeah it is worth it

Just asking for some opinions because I don’t want to waste money on bad game.

Probably the most fun game to invade in
>Huge maps
>You're almost always at a disadvantage
>Lots of fun tools at your disposal

*the first half excluding high wall

>doing constant 1v5s with respawning phantoms where at least 3 of them are camping your spawn point is fun
the fuck?

I though people played souls games for a challe- oh yeah I forgot most invade to bully new players with a twink build.

The first playthrough is the most fun, and if you haven't played it then you should absolutely play it. Unfortunately though, they completely FUCKED ds2's take on new game pluses, so after the first playthrough it's pretty much exactly the same shit with some better rings you can get, which is only good for PVP builds.

Attached: 1528459092033.jpg (960x960, 153K)

that's where you're wrong, retard
1) fighting endless 1v5 isnt challenging or fun, especially when you get spawn camped
2) no one invades for "muh duels" cancer. pvp and arena fags killed dark souls and im glad from got rid of multiplayer altogether. people invade to watch the host panic. it's especially hilarious in places like tomb of the giants or sen's fortress. I don't even particularly like engaging the host, I just like watching the panic from a distance while hiding.

I like to invade while dressed as whatever there's in the level and roleplay a bit, but stopped since 90% people is using a UGS, twinking or summons a shitton of other UGS players.
Wish the combat itself allowed for more things than R1 and roll spam.

Best multiplayer in the series. Level design isn't the best, topped by DeS, DkS, and BB. Probably in my top 2 Souls games though, for the boss fights and music.

Yeah ok say to my inventory full of tongues. It's fun as fuck when you pull of cheeky wins against overconfident hosts.

>im glad from got rid of multiplayer altogether
im just glad they did it because they cant get it to work properly
>phantom range
>lag backstabs
>covenants that simply do not work in every fucking game
>that netcode

Everything in the game feels competently made, but in a very safe and sterile way.
The way the world is laid out is basically a straight line, there's very few branching paths along the way. Levels also feel like this, they're big, but there isn't the same degree of clever design like you'd see in DaS1 or DeS. Just big hallways with groups of enemies, maybe a hazard here and there.
Bosses also fit right into this zone. 95% of fights play out the exact same way, you walk into a big empty arena with a big knight or monster, who attacks in a very straight forward manner, and once they reach half their health, they get a power-up, getting a new move or two and becoming stronger. The fights aren't bad, but it feels like they just repeat the same fight 20 times, the DLC is no exception.
In terms of aesthetics, it's definitely good looking, but again, every level is really samey. Everything has the same drab color palette of greys, browns, faded yellows, and fiery oranges, most of the areas are just old ruins, old forests, old swamps, and combinations of these.
The combat is pretty good, it's fast paced like Bloodborne, and introduces Weapon Arts which adds some variety to combat. If you liked Power Stancing or dual-wielding from DaS2, say goodbye to that though. Magic options are also highly lacking.

It's an amazing game with great attention to detail and phenomenal atmosphere.

It has the best pvp in all the dark souls games no matter if the dark souls 2 fanboys try to convince you otherwise.

Magic was broken as fuck in the previous games. It had to be nerfed.

You can nerf it, but still keep it interesting and varied.
You can still cheese 3 really easily with magic anyways, it's just poor in 1v1 PvP fights now.

It's the best Souls gameplay-wise, with the best PvP as well. Creativity-wise, it's not that good on its own since it borrows a lot from DaS1, but there's nothing wrong with playing it safe.

If you're an insane contrarian who always has to go against the majority opinion, then 2 is the best in the series, followed by 1 and then 3.

never played a souls game in my life, which one should i try, and are they as hard as everyone says?

This is a pretty good description of the game. Watch Mathewmatosis’ video “the lost souls arts of demon’s souls. He lays out how the series has been getting more and more iterative.

Try all of them but try Dark Souls first, Demon's Souls if you can get it (but be aware the servers are dead now so it will be singleplayer). Dark Souls 2 is janky but still not a bad ride outside of the one complete horseshit corridor in Brume Tower, Dark Souls 3 is about as good as 1 the whole way 'round.

It's not that they're hard, it's that they're unforgiving. Once you acclimate to the controls and get comfortable with parrying or otherwise mitigating enemy horseshit, you'll think it's easy.

it's only bad when you look at the series as a whole as it really doesn't resolve anything storywise and most stuff is a reference to 1 so it doesn't feel like it has its own identity. the level design is great, but it is the most linear in the series and has the least interconnected world. still worth a play, a good 7/10 like the other user said

>It's the best Souls gameplay-wise, with the best PvP as well
nigga you just went full retard

DS3 is the only one that allows me to iai with just about any katana so I can be a complete weeblord and parry-slash.

PVE: DaS3> DaS1 > DeS > DaS2
PVP: DaS2> DeS > DaS1 > DaS3

It's fun but easy and a bit lacking in "it" factor. Was definitely the safest FROM game. You probably will like it but not love it.

The gameplay is fun, but the writing is the worst in the series, so I guess it depends on what matters most to you in a Souls game.

It's more or less Bloodborne 2 rather than Dark Souls 3. Enemies are too fast with stamina rival to Dark Souls 2's Drakekeepers. Story is a mess and the DLC is short and tedious compared to the other games. Weapon arts are lame, and only a few are truly viable. It did so much more than DS2 but still fell flat.

More like No soul 3

completely boring and sterile

Dude the Ringed City DLC is all about resolving the storyline of all three games

>is it really as bad as \v\ says it is?

I think you're confusing it with 2

It's linear.
I prefer Demon's Souls as the Nexus is a bastion to go to the other 5 kingdoms (the is a 6th map they never ended) and every kingdom has 4 maps.

You don't have to enter a map to complete it. You can just go there to farm some souls, visit an NPC, get some weapon and then go to other place and use the weapon to complete the other level. So the game feels like a puzzle.
You start in Boletarian Palace (1-1) and it's too difficult until you find you can open the doors so it's a shortcut for the next time you die.
The boss named Phalanx is just upstairs in the place you just start.
Then you just notice it was too difficult because you hadn't got the puzzle (opening the shortcut paths), then you feel clever and the games feels easy.

Dark Souls 3 is too linear and it feels like if it was designed with the wrong idea of just making a difficult game where you have to farm a lot to level up and overcome the difficulty.

Bloodborne is kinda linear, but it has a better map design. There are complete sections of the maps that feel like hidden levels (the sewers in Central Yharnam).

It's just fine, as they all are. The only game that stands above the rest is Bloodborne imo
V are just a bunch of hipster crybabies that have to say everything is bad literally "just because". They for some reason confuse complaining about things with importance and pretention.

it's pretty good there is just a bunch of boring parts and areas that scream "content was cut here"

it's unironically the best game in the series
but you should listen to Yea Forums anyway you dumbass

It’s good single player. Probably cheap as hell on steam now. But there may not be many people still playing it so might feel a little empty for invasions and pvp.