Why are PC fanboys in such severe denial about Goldeneye being an amazing game?

Why are PC fanboys in such severe denial about Goldeneye being an amazing game?

Attached: 007_goldeneye__84827.1405108098.jpg (480x329, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/1964GEPD
youtube.com/watch?v=o646M5zykBU
youtube.com/watch?v=GdsDVJwROVU
youtu.be/tekc9dtiCGE
youtube.com/watch?v=OZsUNE9I9Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=97rf3nwSSxk
i.ytimg.com/vi/VOnmmQmge0E/maxresdefault.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=y4_uGTF-oJc
youtube.com/watch?v=MRIUOtby5G8
rankings.the-elite.net/goldeneye
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't get why people praise Goldeneye so much when Perfect Dark did everything better.

Attached: 20190324_104921.jpg (402x716, 189K)

because perfect dark is better in every way

Because Timespltiters is better

Nightfire is the best James Bond game though.

Attached: nitfire.jpg (198x255, 14K)

no moose aim
gam bad

This user gets it.

Goldeneye is a true artifact of it's time. While it's easy to try to dismiss it compared to what's around today, it's only possible to do that because it exists in the first place and set current paradigms in motion.

There are other games that are more technically impressive, sure. History doesn't value who did it best, just who got everyone to pay attention - and that was Goldeneye.

>There are other games that are more technically impressive, sure. History doesn't value who did it best, just who got everyone to pay attention - and that was Goldeneye.
Way to expose yourself as a literal brainlet. Goldeneye brought more to the FPS genre than your tiny little brain could ever imagine.

I wish the remaster would be released on PC. It's criminal that it's just languishing on a doomed platform.

Attached: moz20ni8gX1qbtxe8o3_r2_250.gif (245x198, 871K)

Maybe because Goldeneye came out 3 years earlier when the PC's range of 3D shooters consisted of umm...Quake and uh...

horrible autoaim, don't even have to fucking aim just point in a general direction

its like a CYOA

It was an amazing game for its time. Try to go back and play it now. Aged like milk.

This is actually a good point. Did Perfect Dark just come too late in the N64's life cycle?

>I've played NINE games!

like what?

Perfect Dark was absolute dogshit and one of Rare's worst games.
At least some Goldeneye nostalgiafags acknowledge that the game wasn't that great in retrospect, but PDfags never accept that it was trash.

>the man with no taste

I don't think this retard understands that my entire first paragraph is crediting exactly what he's complaining about. Talk about a brainlet.

>fanboy
>of an open platform
okay retard
i played goldeneye when it came out and thought it was great, and still think it is

I love Goldeneye but I can definitely see why people who didn't play it back when it came out would have a hard time getting into it today. Nowadays, where every objective is marked with a giant "GO HERE" beacon and glows brightly to say "LOOK HERE", a relatively open and directionless game like Goldeneye would be difficult to adjust to.

Higher difficulties disable autoaim, I think.

>muh aliens
>muh reload animations
>muh multiplayer bots
>muh required ram expansion

It's a great game, it's Goldeneye 1.5.

>not turok

The first N64 turok came out before GoldenEye and half life.

>Nowadays, where every objective is marked with a giant "GO HERE" beacon and glows brightly to say "LOOK HERE", a relatively open and directionless game like Goldeneye would be difficult to adjust to.
Not only that, but Goldeneye doesn't even tell the player it has a stealth system

I'm guessing that's one big reason why so many zoomers think the game is impossible without a mouse and keyboard

>Not only that, but Goldeneye doesn't even tell the player it has a stealth system
Wait, as in beyond having silenced weapon/melee not attracting the guards attention?

>m-muh quake and doom!
>muh kill all the enemies in a maze, find key, progress to next floor!
Meanwhile Goldeneye had things like story, objectives, dynamic in-game events, incredible level design, multiple ways to complete missions, in-game characters that weren't enemies.

Goldeneye was amazing for the time, and even today, it boasts cool nuances that even modern shooters lack, like being able to cripple enemies by shooting their legs, or shooting their weapon out.

While I agree and respect your tastes. Everything or Nothing was a solid game throughout.

Attached: Everything or Nothing.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Not him but I think that is all there is to it. If the game isn't explicitly telling you to use stealth though, I could imagine a number of players just laying on the KF7 trigger at all times though.

I think Bunker 2 spawns reinforcements nearly endlessly if you go loud. This probably filters people who don't know about the importance of stealth.

>like being able to cripple enemies by shooting their legs
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark's enemy recoil animations are something that I have missed since the moment I played any FPS past it.

Yeah, the game has an invisible noise radius system. Any time you shoot a (non silenced) bullet the radius gets bigger, but goes down over time. So that means that even if you use a noisy gun like the K7 Soviet, if you shoot just one bullet at the head of a guard it won't make much sound.

>muh voice acting

That cover art always cracks me up.

Attached: 01c.png (600x400, 261K)

Enemy taking damage was cool but they were slow as fuck shambling idiots. Because the game was slow due to the controls and performance.

Playing it today it's actually laughable watching enemies slowly barrel roll and take 5 seconds to sidestep 2 feet to the left

Yeah, Bunker 2's reinforcements are endless.

Did not know that, cool beans.

>blast an enemy with an automatic while he's rolling
>he stands back up and starts flopping around like a fish because all the damaged animations only play after the roll finishes

It did. People forget the n64 dies 1 year later in 2001. GE also gets marks for being a good, groundbreaking console shooter in an era of THERE WASNT ANOTHER GAME AGAINST GE ON CONSOLES FUCKERS!

Also, a good movie game. Did people forget it was a movie game that came out 2 whole years after GE was in theaters?

>w-we must apply today's technical standards to games from 20 years ago! t-this is why goldeneye is fucking shit!

Attached: 1506651197202.png (636x904, 233K)

>THERE WASNT ANOTHER GAME AGAINST GE ON CONSOLES FUCKERS!
Turok 1?

Because it always had janky controls while you can still enjoy games like Doom or Quake.

You are a complete idiot.

Best multiplayer game on gamecube

Do you still play Doom with only a keyboard at 320xWhatever? Because while fine back in the day, it IS janky as fuck today, and GE had fine controls back in the day.

As good as GE?
I enjoy turok 1, but it aint GE m8

Melee exists

And Turok 2 was even better than that. Does the N64 expansion pack help with framerate at all? Probably nostalgia goggles but I dont remember it being so choppy as a kid when I had one, I don't now though.

This.

What no one realised was making c buttons move and strafe with analog stick to aim was top tier setup. There is your pre halo analog aiming, faggots.

tfw you will never play this game on Switch

Well, i guess i will have to hack it

I wish, but T2 haf bad level design and shit compared to T1. It did have cool weapons though.

Both of these posts are accurate.

Least choppy way to play T2 on N64 is high-res letterbox mode ironically. Needs a Pak.

It feels choppier now because at the time most 3D games were 30 FPS at best even on PC.

Goldeneye had better gameplay and stealth, PD had more variety and a cool cyberpunk setting. It was flashier but GE was way more fun and had much more lasting appeal.

Not when you have casual friends

I will concede to that on lair of the blind ones and hive of the mantids, I finally beat it last year for the first time and those still drove me nuts with all the same looking mazes. Love the game regardless but again, I'll blame nostalgia.

>aged
you were born after 2000, right?

except timesplitters 2 was the best multiplayer GCN game

I think the reason Goldeneye gets forgotten so much by PC gamers is that it was squashed between Quake and Duke Nukem 3D in 96 and Half Life and Unreal in 98.

It is quite simple, all of the games we were playing at the time blow it out of the water.

You guys only think it is so great because it is pretty much all you had.

>I think the reason Goldeneye gets forgotten
More like it gets outright dismissed by PC fats for being a console game. This is why PC elitists will never have a meaningful voice.

>Quake and Duke Nukem 3D in 96 and Half Life and Unreal
>thinking GoldenEye is even remotely worth paying attention to when you have access to those games

Every single game we had on the PC at the time was far superior in every way.

Why can't you guys get this though your head?

The best James Bond game wasn;t even a bodn game

Attached: nolf.jpg (1024x768, 77K)

>12fps
>n64 controller plus huge autoaim
it's a cool game for it's time but playing it in the current year of our lord is a shitty experience

Auto aim
Shitty interfaces
Inventory of unnecessary quest items

Not my problem that you're a brainlet.

whatver you say

Please do yourself a favor and play this

Mouse injector, 60fps. The game is actually solid as fuck. You can also play the same thing but for perfect dark.

Attached: 1547331747493.jpg (320x180, 4K)

>Auto aim
Doom 1/2 confirmed for shit.
>Shitty interfaces
Eh, far better than fucking radio menus like we have now.
>Inventory of unnecessary quest items
What?

True, Turok was better.

Because that's incorrect, and you will never come to realize this because you're like a religious zealot when it comes to PC gaming.

sure thing buddy

I was there faggot, had you played any of the mentioned PC games you would know they are better than golden eye.

I am sorry that you were too poor to have a PC at the time but that does not change reality.

>I was there faggot, had you played any of the mentioned PC games you would know they are better than golden eye.
I actually have, and that's part of what makes me appreciate Goldeneye all the more, something you will never ever experience because you're a braindead PC zealot. You have never played Goldeneye in your life.

While you were mindlessly killing enemies in maze levels, console players were playing kickass missions like this youtube.com/watch?v=o646M5zykBU

>m-muh quake and doom!
>>muh kill all the enemies in a maze, find key, progress to next floor!
You can't possibly by this stupid. Quake and its likes have a significantly higher skill ceiling due to their emphasis on sprawling, vertical levels and projectile dodging. Wheras GoldenEye/Perfect Dark are hitscan-focused games where you can't even jump, that's how limited they are.

Attached: 1552492891652.png (800x729, 48K)

The year the following games came out..
Sid Meiers Gettysburg
Wing Commander
Myth
Xwing vs Tie fighter
Age of empires
Dungeon Keeper
Fallout
I was supposed to be playing babies first shooter on a fucking console with a fucking controller?

Attached: 1520639134929.gif (307x292, 2.69M)

>Meanwhile Goldeneye had things like story, objectives, dynamic in-game events, incredible level design, multiple ways to complete missions, in-game characters that weren't enemies.

>Le 'goldeneye invented mission objectives and friendly NPCs' meme.

What are Dark Forces I & II?
What is Strife?
What are Terminator: Future Shock & Skynet?
What is Marathon?
What is System Shock?
What is Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri?

Do you really think GoldenEye invented something as basic as mission objectives?

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

hahahahahahahhaahahaha

>Doom 1/2 confirmed for shit.
Can literally turn it off
>far better than fucking radio menus like we have now.
Nice argument
>What?
You heard me

I never cared for it.
Jet Force Gemini was my game. I was playing it while everyone else played Halo.

>skill ceiling
The fact that you're trying to emphasize this to make a case for Quake being better is glaring evidence of your stupidity, nevermind the fact that you were even dumb enough to post a Wojak of yourself.

Skill ceiling is relevant to high level online play, not necessarily the quality of a game overall. Again, PC zealots like yourself are so braindead stupid that you'll never get that through your tiny brain.

GE and PD have the best implementation of hitscan enemies ever because they have long Virtua Cop style draw animations before they fire and get stunned by being shot.

>Skill ceiling is relevant to high level online play
Even in single player, PC FPS were much more fun than Goldeneye due to focusing on fast and dynamic gameplay, as opposed to Goldeneye's boring emphasis on realism.

>fast and dynamic gameplay
Absolutely meaningless buzzwords.

>GE and PD have the best implementation of hitscan enemies ever because they have long Virtua Cop style draw animations before they fire and get stunned by being shot.
Which means you can just stunlock them with impunity. GE/PD's ridiculously drawn out enemy hit reactions are hardly anything worth bragging about, especially since PC FPS of the time avoided this issue entirely by making enemies shoot dodgeable projectiles, which leads to much more engaging gameplay.

>my opinion is fact
Idiot.

Plenty of PC FPS games from the 90s have bullshit hitscan enemies, Blood and Half Life are the biggest examples of quality games with said bullshit.

>Plenty of PC FPS games from the 90s have bullshit hitscan enemies, Blood and Half Life are the biggest examples of quality games with said bullshit.
Half Life was a departure from other PC FPS of that time, so that's hardly a good example.

Blood literally only has one enemy type that uses hitscan weapons, the cultists. Every other enemy type in the games has dodgeable attacks.

The cultists are also the second most common enemy in the game.

I had it at the time and enjoyed it, would imagine if i went back and played it again it would be terrible in a way that quake or some other pc shooter that's even older wouldn't be.

LOOL his mouth is wide

>Can literally turn it off
Same with GE at 00 Agent and 007
>Nice argument
Wasn't an argument you inept nigger
>You heard me
I "heard" you, but don't get what you mean. Do you not like carrying the shit that you have to use at higher difficulty levels, or do you not like carrying shit in general?

Doom 1/2 has 3 humans and the spiders. All of them are hitscan.

Grew up playing 007 constantly. That and smash were my favorite sleepover games. Never had a PC. Goldeneye sucks. You’re actually insane if you think it’s better than quake, half life and doom

To anybody who loves Goldeneye, you must watch this postmortem

youtube.com/watch?v=GdsDVJwROVU

bear with Martin, he speaks in kinda of a monotone voice, but everything he says is interesting, he even makes the crowd laugh at times.

>Grew up playing 007 constantly
No you didn't, idiot.

Goldeneye's single player at least is MUCH better than Quake's. I don't know how anybody can argue against this unless they are absolutely convinced that console FPS = automatically bad.

Console FPS' aren't inherently bad, they just are held back by console limitations and can't reach the same heights as a native PC FPS.

Goldeneye was great for poor kids who only had an N64 and couldn't play any PC shooters.

But those with PCs had Quake, Hexen II, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Descent, Jedi Knight, all of which play much better than Goldeneye.

It was an impressive step for console shooters, but it just didn't stack up to PC shooters.

I did.

It’s pretty easy to argue because quake is actually fun. You’re really hung up on the PC thing.

>kill all enemies in level, get key, progress
Whoa... so this... is the power... of pc gaming...

>But those with PCs had Quake, Hexen II, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Descent, Jedi Knight

It blows my mind how ahead of it's time Goldeneye was.

>Quake
alright
>Hexen II
released after goldeneye
>Doom
old hat by 1997
>Descent
not even a conventional FPS
>Jedi Knight
released after goldeneye

>I did.
It's easy for pea-brained zealots like you to say this, but at the end of the day, you didn't play it. PC fanboys like yourself are always bitter about the idea of a console FPS being remembered as a great game.

Good job, you have no idea what makes an FPS good.

forgot duke
>Duke Nukem 3D
still playing 2.5 shooters?

You didn't play Goldeneye, idiot.

Haha alright man, whatever you say

>Good job, you have no idea what makes an FPS good.
Believe it or not, the standards you apply to these games aren't universal to everyone. That being said, I don't expect someone as braindead idiotic as yourself to understand.

We had a capable enough PC, N64 and a PSX, I will still take Goldeneye over vanilla Duke/Doom/Hexen and especially Jedi Knight's campaigns. Never played Descent nor Quake 1/2.

My point still stands.

Why would you say it sucks if you played it constantly and it was your favorite sleepover game? How can you be in this much denial over yourself?

Attached: avatars-000110764271-zi1j1x-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 87K)

Attached: 14099920715153.jpg (757x662, 165K)

>Doom 1/2 has 3 humans
And those were balanced out by being the weakest enemies in the game. Hitscan enemies like those in Doom are pefectly fine.

It never stood. An idiot like yourself isn't capable of making a point that stands.

>weakest enemies in the game
The Shotgun and Minigun guys would like to have a word with you in private. Preferably down a long hallway.

Because I was a child and there weren’t any other options on N64. If I had played PD I would have liked it much better. Later on I got Timesplitters 2 and that game blew goldeneye out of the water making it obsolete. And actually good games don’t become obsolete.

>must be compared to other console FPS'
Alright, well Doom 64 and Turok 1 are both better than GE.

Whatever you say.

the greatest multiplayer experience available on playstation 2, second to timesplitters

>>kill all enemies in level, get key, progress
>Whoa... so this... is the power... of pc gaming...
You say that, yet GoldenEye couldn't even manage something as basic as Quake's verticality in level design, considering you can't even jump.

And why are you ignoring PC FPS that had a non-linear hub structure (e.g. Hexen)?

>archive.org/details/1964GEPD

Don't mind me, this is just a reminder

Because he never played Hexen, Strife, or Powerslave.

>GoldenEye couldn't even manage something as basic as Quake's verticality in level design
bitch are you forgetting about levels like control and cradle?

neither did you.

t. 90s pc gamer.

>considering you can't even jump.
>first person platforming

back to xen with you.

Also, verticality is present in the game. But only in a realistic way

>bunker
>antenna cradle
>frigate

I've been playing all three games longer than you've been alive.

I played GE for the first time after playing all the classics (Doom, Half-Life, Quake, Timesplitters 2/3 to name a few). It's arguably my favorite console FPS, and even most good PC shooters don't stack up in my opinion. The gameplay in GE is really unique and hard to find elsewhere.

I also don't get this idea of games "becoming obsolete." You don't play one game of a genre and suddenly have all "lesser" games knocked out as "too obsolete to enjoy".

Attached: 1534976694652.gif (400x200, 1.55M)

Lmao ok

Absolutely based

Attached: cate.jpg (1280x960, 147K)

sure thing zoomer.

>considering you can't even jump.
>first person platforming
>back to xen with you.

Have you ever even played a first-person game in your life besides GoldenEye, you complete mongoloid? Virtually EVERY FPS game made after Doom allows you to jump. GoldenEye is a bizarre exception.

Being able to jump doesn't necessitate dedicated platforming sections, you piece of dumb shit. It simply allows level design to be more varied and complex, because areas can be designed around the player's ability to jump. The same applies to the ability to swim, which was present in those PC FPS, but again, bizarrely absent in GoldenEye.

Attached: 1544127765560.gif (320x287, 982K)

Duke Nukem 64 was better than Goldeneye 2bh.

So this is why everyone pays more attention to Mario 64 than Banjo-Tooie.

What really cracks me up about his post is that he considers verticality to somehow be a requirement for a good shooter. What? I guess we can throw out Doom then.

By virtue of Duke 3D being one of the best shooters ever, yes.

because perfect dark and timesplitters FP exist

If you seriously believe no jumping makes Goldeneye inferior, you really are dumb beyond belief.

That's like saying Skyward Sword is better than Ocarina of Time because there's a button that lets you jump.

If Goldeneye and Perfect Dark proved anything is that jumping is not really necessary to have an awesome multiplayer experience.

also
>being this mad

go back to rocket jumping, you bozo.

Rocket jump!?

Attached: 1527053258362.png (644x800, 15K)

Exploding office chairs and tables

Console classics Goldeneye - Halo - CoD killed FPS

>loaded question fallacy

I genuinely do not understand why more FPS games don't have this feature. Shit.

because PC game programmers are responisble and care about performance in their games more than silly exploding wooden furniture.

>Tagging ammo boxes with remote mines in multiplayer

I didn't know "PC Programmers" was a designated group of developers, tell me more user!

Microsoft, you have given away your biggest exclusive. Please release me from this solitary confinement and put me on Steam where my online multiplayer will be enjoyed.

Attached: Perfect_Dark_XBLA_cover.jpg (289x345, 18K)

Well, they program on PCs for PC's for one.

Wait, so you're telling me, they program PC games for PC?

Dark Forces literally did the mission objective thing 2 years before Goldeneye came out.

That's what I said yes.

Attached: 1551320752907.png (3388x3638, 280K)

There is a great PC remake of goldeneye on PC you deluded console faggot.

Attached: 1240171_559108757488053_1849119847_n.jpg (741x711, 100K)

Doom 64

I cant think of any 'Goldeneye clones' besides other bond games and Thief (not really a clone, only objective based)

Are there any other objective-based first person shooters on the PC?

I ask because I wanna play them.

Rainbow Six, although it's a lot more stealth and planning.

>I cant think of any 'Goldeneye clones' besides other bond games and Thief (not really a clone, only objective based)
>Are there any other objective-based first person shooters on the PC?
What do you mean, objective-based? Plenty of FPS have optional objectives in their levels. This is hardly something unique to GoldenEye.

Because Goldeneye stole PC games' thunder in introducing many things that were never seen before.
>First game with zoomable weapon scopes
>First game with complex objectives instead of just "kill everything, find the keys and go to the exit"
But the greatest contribution of GE was that it invented modern stealth, introducing conventions that are followed to this day. Earlier stealth games were a simple "see you, don't see you" affair. GE brought noise to the equation, establishing that walking makes less noise than running, and crawling makes less noise than walking, and that certain weapons make less noise than others (first game with silenced weapons).

PCfags are bitter that a console game did it first, but back in the day, PC developers widely copied Goldeneye, and it's influence can be seen in games like Deus Ex and Thief (the developers of this one were big fans of Goldeneye).

Because GE came out in 1997, and was groundbreaking in a lot of ways, while PD was released in 2000 and didn't introduce anything new.

What a lazy copout response. You're boring.

The fuck you talking about? Quake has a huge skill ceiling even in single player. And what’s wrong with having a huge skill ceiling in multiplayer?

>>First game with zoomable weapon scopes
Wrong.

>>First game with complex objectives instead of just "kill everything, find the keys and go to the exit"

>Le 'goldeneye invented mission objectives and friendly NPCs' meme.

What are Dark Forces I & II?
What is Strife?
What are Terminator: Future Shock & Skynet?
What is Marathon?
What is System Shock?
What is Terra Nova: Strike Force Centauri?

Do you really think GoldenEye invented something as basic as mission objectives?

>But the greatest contribution of GE was that it invented modern stealth, introducing conventions that are followed to this day. Earlier stealth games were a simple "see you, don't see you" affair. GE brought noise to the equation, establishing that walking makes less noise than running, and crawling makes less noise than walking, and that certain weapons make less noise than others (first game with silenced weapons).
Strife, an FPS released on PC in 1996, already had silenced weapons.

>PCfags are bitter that a console game did it first, but back in the day, PC developers widely copied Goldeneye, and it's influence can be seen in games like Deus Ex and Thief (the developers of this one were big fans of Goldeneye).
How is that possible, unless they possessed a time travel machine? Thief and Deus Ex began development years before GoldenEye came out.

Attached: 19243893112.jpg (800x450, 43K)

>better than quake
Listen, I love me some Goldeneye, but cmon dude, Quake 1’s singleplayer is nigh on perfect outside of the bosses.

Doom had verticality m8

>seething PCfag
>Look at all these games which mask up the "find the keys" aspect with some gimmick! They totally prove my point!

>The fuck you talking about? Quake has a huge skill ceiling even in single player
Evidently it was too much for a tiny brained idiot like yourself to grasp.

>compare it to games that came out years later.
... I mean doesn’t that automatically dock points from Goldeneye? Like I can still compare games like Half Life and Deus Ex to games that came out years after them and they still hold their own, so why does Goldeneye get a free pass?

>>Look at all these games which mask up the "find the keys" aspect with some gimmick! They totally prove my point!

Have you even played those games? Most of them have way more non-linear level and mission design than GoldenEye.

Again, what kind of complete retard do you have to be that GoldenEye invented a concept as basic as 'do something other than kill the bad guys'

Goldeneye also had elevators and ladders and stairs and guys shooting at you from above and below.

Neither had rocket jumping or bunnyhopping or even just regular jumping.

The only critical difference I can think of is that in doom, the floor can be a hazard and there's some pseudo-platforming using only your forward momentum.

m8 don't lie, I've played Doom, Duke Nookem and Quake before I played GE and GE was worse than a pile of dogshit. The only decent thing it had was the myriad of objective but the actual shooting was severely outclassed by PC FPS.

Because Goldeneye holds its own just fine. Just because you're a braindead PC fanboy fiercely hostile to the idea of a good console FPS doesn't mean it's not a great game.

Why did you make up such a shitty and unbelievable strawman?

>likes Goldeneye more a than Timesplitter 2 and 3
This is the only crime made in this thread.

Attached: 460A8A6B-72D6-40C8-A279-F8742F823FDD.png (320x365, 143K)

For fuck sake, console zoomer shitter really lower down the fucking standards of FPS with post like this.

It introduced the concept in FPS games.

Dark Forces.

>boomer*
ftfy

>It introduced the concept in FPS games.
It didn't. Again, why are you ignoring the countless examples that came out years before GoldenEye? Why are you this hard in denial?

>the actual shooting
This is the part I think most people get lost on when it comes to GE. What console did you play it on? If it was an N64, what condition was the analog stick in?

This might sound stupid, but a core gameplay mechanic involving guns requires you to aim a crosshair onscreen, kind of like in Time Crisis (A very popular game at the time). You can't move while aiming, but you can pan the screen around a bit - awkwardly. This mechanic is crucial in landing precise shots to get through the harder levels where stealth is key.
I've found I can't comfortably use this crosshair unless I'm using an N64 controller. And one that isn't worn out, which is hard to find these days.

>the only way to beat PC FPS games it to compare it to one that came out nearly half a decade beforehand.

Attached: 8C9CE00F-D468-482F-82E8-9A44281C10F0.png (200x391, 64K)

>Because Goldeneye holds its own just fine
No it doesn't. We had games like System Shock before GE was conceived.

I never even said it was bad, I was asking why is it unfair to compare it to games that came out years later. We can do it will all the others

>System Shock
Which you didn't play, idiot.

System Shock used the keyboard for aiming. It's not even in the same league as Goldeneye.

Timesplitters had way better multiplayer, I'll give you that. 3 especially was way ahead of its time with the level editor and online play.

>This might sound stupid, but a core gameplay mechanic involving guns requires you to aim a crosshair onscreen, kind of like in Time Crisis (A very popular game at the time). You can't move while aiming, but you can pan the screen around a bit - awkwardly.
Sounds awful.

And this is supposed to be a defense of the game?

Attached: 1489271c5641f8914ba41acd36755c5e4d7c6cb00725148639e100e7741543cd.jpg (554x554, 87K)

Context is important, mate. Go up a few posts to see what we're talking about.

So what is it name then? Goldeneye Source is MP only and GE25 isn't out yet.

>System Shock used the keyboard for aiming.
Actually, you could use the mouse to move the screen, albeit in a very different way from true mouselook.

It’s single player was also way better. Especially in terms of mission variety, weapon variety, and character. youtu.be/tekc9dtiCGE

>Insulting right away
Way to start your post user, very mature of you showing your age

Nobody remembers those outdated pieces of shit except boomers, whereas normies still acknowledge GoldenEye as the best 90s FPS game despite not even growing up with it

>Crying about being insulted
>Crying about being insulted on Yea Forums
>Can't even comment on more of the post due to the post containing an insult.
You inbread homosexual giganigger.

First off, that wasn't the stupid part.
Second, Time Crisis was and is a fun game. Goldeneye's aiming mechanic works almost identical to Time Crisis on PS1, except you have an analog stick which feels a bit more natural than moving a crosshair with a d-pad across the screen.
youtube.com/watch?v=OZsUNE9I9Mc
Though this game was originally made in arcades for the lightgun, it's perfectly playable with the controller, as seen here.

A lot of people never actually use that mechanic and instead relied on hip fire and autoaim, and I think it's because - I've found - that it's so difficult to control (This is the stupid part, by the way) on anything but an n64 controller. I think this is in part because of how the stick doesn't really use any lubrication, so there's WAY more physical feedback when moving the stick. If you've used a fresh n64 controller you'd know what I'm talking about.

The fuck your talking about? Outside of the speed run scene nobody even really talks about Goldeneye anymore, while I’ve seen people suck off Doom and Quake for years. Half Life alone gets entire documentaries sucking it’s dick and talking about it’s impact.

There was a significant difference in objectives in Goldeneye and in, say, Dark Forces. Take a "plant a bomb" objective, for example.
In DF, all it would involve is getting to the specific texture where the bomb is supposed to be planted, and click on it, it's just a switch like all others in the game, disguised as an "objective".
In GE, the bomb is an actual physical object, when reaching the spot where the bomb is to be planted, the player has to open the inventory, select the bomb, equip it, and then plant it at the objective, it doesn't have to be an specific spot, just somewhere that the blast radius of the bomb can destroy the objective.
There you have it, this is the difference between the games you posted and Goldeneye. It has a level of environment interactivity that was unheard of in FPS games at the time.

They are verrry close to me, but I preferred the shooting in GE better. The level designs were also more consistent, so I felt like I was getting better at the game, whereas Timesplitters didn't have as much of a difficulty curve since it liked to diverge from traditional stealth shooting to break up the monotony.

>go to inventory
>select bomb
>what's this do?
>throw bomb
>mission failed

I really fucking love goldeneye though.

Attached: 1535821567979.jpg (480x585, 18K)

>I think this is in part because of how the stick doesn't really use any lubrication, so there's WAY more physical feedback when moving the stick
This 100 fucking percent. Every one of these games feels so much better on the 64 controller.

I was playing Perfect Dark on Rare Replay with the Xbone controller, shit's a pain to aim.

I don't think they are.

I think it's just a case of people who didn't play it at the time in general being in denial about the milestones it set in mission design and narrative pacing.

>In GE, the bomb is an actual physical object, when reaching the spot where the bomb is to be planted, the player has to open the inventory, select the bomb, equip it, and then plant it at the objective, it doesn't have to be an specific spot, just somewhere that the blast radius of the bomb can destroy the objective.
And again, how is that noteworthy, when PC FPS like System Shock, which had an inventory system, worked similarly?

You are constantly cherrypicking games to suit your argument while ignoring the numerous other games that contradict your claim/

>Half Life alone gets entire documentaries sucking it’s dick and talking about it’s impact.
That is because HL2fags and Valveniggers are the jehova's witness of video games.

The other games has the luxury of still having games with their names plastered on them made. Free radical is dead as is GE/PD's spiritual successor Timesplitters, hell do they even make James Bond games anymore?

it's the same as how people pretend botw revolutionized open-world game design. when you play nothing but nintendo games, you're easily impressed when they finally do something that was already commonplace everywhere else.

>significantly different
>instead on walking up and clicking on something, you have to walk up, open your inventory, and then click something but it’s 3d now.
Well damn, how can other video games even compete.

Attached: 6039AA1E-881C-4057-B630-7DF00C0BC77B.jpg (282x267, 10K)

So you basically admitted that Goldeneye is a bygone product of a different time, that nobody but 90s n64 kids would care about.

I guess HL just has better fans than you.

>Conveniently omitting the main argument when retorting to a post

Attached: 1479654462045.png (200x200, 64K)

The main argument being that Goldeneye was better because it took 2 clicks instead of one. Truly revolutionary.

because Goldeneye is way better on PC with keyboard mod

>He insists
We know, we know, you already lost. Can we talk about something else now?

this. the thought of playing goldeneye in 2019 on the nshittyfour with the alien controller and sub 15 fps is sickening.

The first half life's fans are fine, the ones that think HL2 is more than a glorified tech demo, or that it is better than HL1 are shitters.

>So you basically admitted that Goldeneye is a bygone product of a different time
It is not as relevant anymore due to all its heirs being dead, if even GE modding was as easy as Doom or any other old pre-DLC PC shooter it would get far more attention today.

I still don't understand how zoomers are too dumb to use the N64 controller.

Both games are great. GoldenEye was the benchmark that set the standard for modern fps while Perfect Dark further refined it.

>can’t even admit what I’m wrong about.
The desperation for Goldeneye is amazing. I can at least understand stuff like “big open levels in 3d hadn’t been done as well even on PC” and such. But fuckin “it has an inventory and is slightly more picky about where you drop your bomb” is pretty low on the things that make Goldeneye stand out.

>it’s not as relevant anymore because it’s not as relevant anymore.
Yeah that about sums it’s up.

>He used the "desperation" argument
>The clearly proves that the opposition is desperate and not himself

>I suck dicks, and can't get enough of them.
Yup, I can do it too.

Why is it that GoldenEye still gets so much praise yet Turok has been forgotten despite coming out only a few months before GoldenEye?

Attached: Turok.jpg (466x322, 45K)

People talk about Turok all the time especially with all of the re-releases they've been doing.

Based. Turok 2 Seeds of Evil was my shit back in the day.

Attached: 51U2Mt+AuoL._SX425_.jpg (425x298, 37K)

show me one in current year with an analog stick that isn't fucked up

Turok had awesome progression. Sadly the levels were really ugly.

I even liked the fog.

I mean it’s basically what you said, Doom and Half Life future proofed themselves with nodding capabilities and developers and misdeed making new games to expand their legacy. So theyre still relevant to the modern gaming market.

Goldeneye is a product of its time that was mismanaged by its rights holders, and restricted in its longevity. It’s aim competitive enough to be as long lasting as Quake 3 and UT, it isn’t as tight a single player experience as Half life or Halo, and it’s been all but eclipsed by its own successors. It isn’t relevant because it’s got nothing else but nostalgia on its side.

>that feel when remember every pain sound in order

How does this emulate?

It isn't a James Bond game released after a good Bond movie.
It had a Mature/18 rating instead of Teen/15.

Too based for this shit thread

The only actually novel thing in GoldenEye was the use of life-like architecture in the levels which wasn't common, the rest was just atmosphere stuff that any game had/would have regardless of GoldenEye existing.

>this much bait
>all these replies
Why are PCfags so easy to upset.

Attached: 8BA3A90B-29C2-40EC-B715-11606BFE2E07.png (274x184, 83K)

>Mean it’s basically what you said, Doom and Half Life future proofed themselves with nodding capabilities and developers and misdeed making new games to expand their legacy. So theyre still relevant to the modern gaming market.
Yes, what you just posted is what I said.

>Goldeneye is a product of its time that was mismanaged by its rights holders, and restricted in its longevity. It’s aim competitive enough to be as long lasting as Quake 3 and UT,
This is true, if other classic shooters had the same legal issues with distributing the old games or get any faithfull commercial recreation, they would also be "not relevant".

>it isn’t as tight a single player experience as Half life or Halo,
I would take a replay of GE over HL anyday, but I would agree with Halo.

>and it’s been all but eclipsed by its own successors.
Arguebly true.

>It isn’t relevant because it’s got nothing else but nostalgia on its side.
There are things in GE/PD/TS that people want brought back to modern FPSs, them being dead series that doesn't get brought up anymore in the world of BF/COD/Battleroyale/TF2 clones is due to the world only give a shit about AAA shooters and clunky Bethesda shit.
If Doom didn't get revived, do you think """modern gamers""" would give a fuck about it beyond it being something to put on video game timelines and lists of 100 best shooters as filler in youtube videos?

I agree, the well designed spy-themed objectives in each level made the game more immersive than any other FPS at that time.

Attached: 381_v9_ba.jpg (1080x1440, 270K)

>I would take a replay of GE over HL anyday

My lord, what is happening to this board.

People are getting better taste in old FPS games, apparently.

Nigger you are getting baited so hard right now.

Any FPS that is played with a pad is shit by default.

This, fuck proto-Halo kids

Idiot.

>Using System Shock as an example of a game that holds up better than Goldeneye
Retard alert

Yeah that's what console babies are, idiots.

ironic

I like GE's rather short and no puzzle bullshit mission design better than HL, nothing special about that.

>People are getting better taste in old FPS games, apparently.
if they do they would prefer Terra Nova than the shit heap that is GE which isn't happening.

Also, HL is better than GE by miles.

>cant jump
>shitty controls even for the time (there was that one alien game that did it better)
>stupid ass escort missions or dont shoot the hostages otherwise game over
>no way to dodge or deal with enemy fire other than reacting fast enough by shooting them fast enough that they dont hit you too often
>a lot of the base guns feel and sound like shit
>the graphics are fucking goofy especially when you have quake 2 to compare
actually no just compare the entire game to quake 2 and you see what's exactly wrong with it. Quake 2 is so smooth and responsive af and I dont have any input delay or shitty frame-rate issues even if I was on an old ass PC from 1997 because there are ways to increase performance and of course the game is straightforward and fun to play.
Shoot some niggas is all you need to do.

>Using System Shock as an example of a game that holds up better than Goldeneye
It is objective fact that it is.

>Also, HL is better than GE by miles.
No way, HL's levels are corridors and the HECU don't even react to being shot.

Not him but wolfenstein 3d sucks dick too ya know?
I was never around to play wolf3d or doom when they came out but unlike wolf I enjoy doom a lot. Wolf really sucks because of its shitty technical limitations to the point it hurts level design and many other aspects.

>grunts dont limp after removing half their health and dont try to retreat

>game from 20 years ago has mouse aim
>goldeneye doesn't

Blood and Doom are 20 years old and they play better than that shitshow.

They awkwardly retreat in a straight line after rotating in place when their HP gets below 25%

youtube.com/watch?v=97rf3nwSSxk

i.ytimg.com/vi/VOnmmQmge0E/maxresdefault.jpg

amazing level design

This, it's not so much that games "age" but standards change, specially in video games that are a pretty new thing overall, at first people though dual stick for FPS was weird too but people adapt to new things more easily than we think.

That's not the point, the point was the enemies not reacting at all, not if their reaction was well designed or not.
Vortigaunts I think also retreat when a lot of their friends get killed.
Scientists wiggle their legs when shot in the legs.

The level design, objectives, and level layout are all more refined and cohesive in Goldeneye. Perfect Dark seems all over the place in later missions. The music is also better.

Attached: 1539064998903.jpg (240x260, 18K)

because turok came out on pc

Why did you use an external uploader?

They don't react to bullets hitting them until their HP reaches a threshold. They can't move and shoot either, they just turn into a turret when they see you.

GoldenEye is literally the The Last of Us of the 5th gen.

game literally came out 2 months after goldeneye
youtube.com/watch?v=y4_uGTF-oJc

Actually you're the idiot. That's a fact.

You haven't played Goldeneye, moron.

And it looks like shit. Early pc fps are for literal fucking retards. How the fuck are you supposed to know what to do or where to go in these games?

Attached: 1546387203014.jpg (640x400, 53K)

It's Banjo-Kazooie you gas lighting fuck.

>I CAN DO ALL KINDS OF CRAZY MOVEMENT! THEREFORE IT'S BETTER!
>I-I DON'T CARE IF IT'S NOT THE SAME KIND OF GAME!

Attached: 1524035172509.png (665x800, 54K)

Because it's shit compared to all the good PC FPS of that time ?
Good console game though.

Even with the kb&m hack Goldeneye is just decent. The gameplay is NOTHING compared to a PC classic like Quake (both SP & MP). All it really has going for it is being an early pioneer of objectives / NPC's in FPS. Which is cool I guess but it doesn't inherently make the game more enjoyable.

Attached: shambler ree.gif (900x750, 84K)

PC held FPS back. The genre only evolved and moved forward after Goldeneye and after devs stopped catering to pc userbase.

Attached: 1552534149402.jpg (2048x1536, 340K)

0/10

Lmao, Last of Us for N64 kids didn't made anything evolve.

>implying there arent earlier and contemporary PC FPS that are better
>implying that goldeneye could run at 60 FPS either
>implying LAN parties didnt occur

> Early pc fps are for literal fucking retards. How the fuck are you supposed to know what to do or where to go in these games?
Are you retarded, like for real? You go and find the keys and hit the switches; If there is a huge fuck off monster you kill it. Can't get simpler than that.

Believe it or not, your standards of enjoyment aren't applicable to everyone else. Not that I expect a complete idiot like yourself to grasp that notion.

Are your's?

james bond should be in smash

Attached: xgaming_eon_bond.gif.pagespeed.ic.yZjEK3cryW.png (220x749, 36K)

does Yea Forums have any recommendations for video games that have body positive messaging?

Attached: 1118-Keely-Pierce-Brosnan-GT[1].jpg (770x963, 269K)

Imagine thinking jumping around like a retard is the deciding factor for what makes a good first person shooter game.

so, according to this thread, goldeneye only had like 1 good year where it was relevant before it was btfo by quake 3, unreal tournament, half life, tribes, and several others?

Arena shooters are so bad they killed PC FPS games and have never been relevant since 2004.

He is so damn smug
Fucking love this guy

>james bond should be hopping around and sprinting like doom guy

goldeneye had the perfect blend of sensible shooting. if i had my druthers, bond would be an adventure game first and foremost, in the telltale vein.

This. I'd say it finally became a profitable genre after Goldeneye.

>halo literally copies arena shooters and is claimed to be the perfect fps

Not too many modern FPS are made as single player games first so I guess it has that going for it these days.

5/10 someone will fall for it

>If Doom didn't get revived, do you think """modern gamers""" would give a fuck about it beyond it being something to put on video game timelines and lists of 100 best shooters as filler in youtube videos?
... yeah? Doom was popular on YouTube years before 2016. Brutal Doom alone was one of the most of the most popular mods of all time and people still put it on top 10 best FPS games of all time, meanwhile I barely see Goldeneye get too 5 anymore, if it even gets on the list in the first place.

And Half Life hasn’t had a game in a decade and people still suck it’s dick like it’s no tomorrow. Even CoD kiddies will talk about like MerkMusic. Nobody talks about Goldeneye outside of N64 kiddies and even then it’s usually outclassed by Mario 64 and Banjo.

Hecu retreat, regroup, flank, flush out the player with grenades. The ai in goldeneye doesn’t do fucking anything. You people are insane.

Yeah because it actually had a singleplayer mode and the multiplayer had vehicles instead of fags flying around bhopping.

>Implying Doom or Duke weren’t profitable.
John Carmack and Romero were living in mansions built off the money made by Doom. Doom was so popular Bill fucking Gates had to superimpose himself into the game just to sell Windows 95. Gave Newell basically quit his job at Microsoft because Doom inspired him to become a game creator.

What revisionist bullshit are you consolefags trying to spew now?

Guess you were right.

that's more than fallout 76

Goldeneye Source is pretty good.

Attached: 5I4EH4a.jpg (750x315, 34K)

Those mechanics would be nice with enemies that don't behave like robots.

Attached: Half Life 2018.07.23 - 00.47.11.23.DVR.webm (1066x600, 2.87M)

>... yeah? Doom was popular on YouTube years before 2016. Brutal Doom alone was one of the most of the most popular mods of all time and people still put it on top 10 best FPS games of all time, meanwhile I barely see Goldeneye get too 5 anymore, if it even gets on the list in the first place.
I don't actually watch top 5 lists anymore so I can't contest that. But you are right, I forgot about BD as I never cared about it.

>And Half Life hasn’t had a game in a decade and people still suck it’s dick like it’s no tomorrow.
Mostly due to the EP/HL3 meme. Goldeneye had a huge resurgence before Call of Goldeneye released, and like Duke Nukem, most people don't talk about it after the mediocre sequel came out, it is a wonder that the same hasn't happened to Sonic to be honest.
>Even CoD kiddies will talk about like MerkMusic.
I have no idea what that is.
>Nobody talks about Goldeneye outside of N64 kiddies and even then it’s usually outclassed by Mario 64 and Banjo.
No one talks about Banjo either from what I can tell. I run into Goldeneye far more often than the Banjo games.

I have no idea what the webm was supposed to show that’s inferior to goldeneye ai that does absolutely nothing but stand in place and sometimes roll

>The ai in goldeneye doesn’t do fucking anything.
Can you people at least google a walkthrough of the game before trying to talk shit on anonymous messageboards so it isn't completely obvious you've barely played the game?

The fact that enemies don't react to being shot meaning you either have to go in and out of their line of sight to avoid damage or just take the hits. Gordon (or Shepard in this case) has a ton of health so you can just tank damage but still its annoying game design.

>the ai is better because they run away like a chicken with its head cut off
>the ai is better because it stands there while you pump its face full of lead

fan
tastic

Literally every shot you land in goldeneye makes enemies react. You shoot them in the shoulder, they turn slightly. Shoot them in the hands, they drop their weapon. Shoot them in the leg, they squat down in pain. Shoot them in the nads... You get the idea. It was and still is a ton of fun to play around with the ai in that game.

tribes did it first on a much larger scale

>non responsive video game enemies are a mechanic

>I forgot about BD because I never cared for it.
I never cared for Halo, but me saying that it wasn’t talked about anymore would be horseshit. Point is, Doom was still popular for its gameplay and modding scene despite being even older than Goldeneye.

The enemies in Half Life are unresponsive, yes. I don't know what you mean by this reply.

>Can't fucking aim, the game does it for you
>Fucking awful drawing distance, frameterate, etc
>Lame movie license.
>Mouse aiming was a thing already.

>Can't fucking aim, the game does it for you
Try playing the game.

Attached: Goldeneye 007 rescue.webm (640x480, 2.88M)

Laughing at those nasty silicon titties. What in the hell were they thinking with this design?

>Slow as fuck gameplay
>Narrow corridors
>Easy game, slighty hard because of the gamepad controls
Yep, this is a console shooter.

Attached: Yep-thats-a-pigeon_fb_20718.jpg (300x290, 16K)

GE is way harder than most PC shooters, the maps are huge too.

Attached: Sniper.webm (640x480, 2.83M)

>PC fanboys
pc is not even a trade mark

>Easy game
You should probably avoid posting about a game you've never made past the first few missions.

Give GE mouse and keyboard controls and the game will be baby tier easy.

>I never cared for Halo, but me saying that it wasn’t talked about anymore would be horseshit. Point is, Doom was still popular for its gameplay and modding scene despite being even older than Goldeneye.
Re-read that post man, I said you were right. Also forgetting BD=/= forgetting Halo was popular, one was a cultural
Phenomena back in the mid-to-late 2000s that was hard to avoid even in real life, the other is an popular algamation of older mods and resources.

I'm not so sure about that statement, but even if its true the game wasn't made around that control scheme.

> the game wasn't made around that control scheme
So you just have proven my point and agree with me. Thank you.

The game isn't easy though, using a control scheme the game wasn't designed around is cheating.

Retard

>The game isn't easy
>Using mouse and keyboard is cheating
So the game was designed around being slow and easy because it's a console shooter meant to be played with a shitty gamepad. Thanks again for proving my point.

Using a control scheme a game isn't designed around can make it significantly easier, just like RE4 for the Wii. Still GE is a hard game even with KB+M.

Not even a speedrun, Goldeneye can be completed in 1 hour with a mouse and keyboard. So yeah the game is definitely slower and harder with a gamepad, it's a console shooter after all.
youtube.com/watch?v=MRIUOtby5G8

>missing the point
Based retard.

>seething

The only reason that isn't a speedrun is because nobody cares about records on emulated versions of GE.

Only autists care about speedruns. This just prove that the game is easy as fuck without a shitty console controller to handicap yourself.

He makes it look easy because he's familiar with the game. Not that you would know since you find it necessary to talk about games you've never played on the internet.

Nigger I was 8 years old when this game released and I played it on my friend's n64. Luckily I was a PC gamer and Half-Life was the better game.

I can just imagine some loser kid trying to convince his friends that HL is better as they all have fun with GE's multiplayer. I don't believe your story though.

I don't believe that you played Goldeneye either you shit eating zoomer.

Who do you think recorded this?

Attached: GoldenEye(20180529-0222).webm (640x480, 2.91M)

Some of your favourite mongoloid streamer I believe

Some youtuber.

Nobody streams at 640x480, where's your proof you've ever played this game?
No.

Attached: Goldeneye AI.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

N64 has the most overrated video games ever made.

>No.
As expected from someone as stupid as yourself.

No is a perfectly sufficient response as I'm not a youtuber.

I don't have to prove anything, fucktard. have proven to you that Goldeneye was easy without a controller and yet you keep replying and seething, lmao.

All the games built from Doom, really. Heretic, Strife, Hexen. Doom itself. Duke Nukem, Powerslave, a couple of shitty ones nobody cares about. And it only got much better after Unreal released.

The fact that you think watching someone else play a game is an acceptable substitute for playing it yourself is just pathetic. You have no context at all for how hard or easy Goldeneye is. Your opinion couldn't be more worthless.

cope

No, but you used the youtube downloader to get some footage.

Attached: 1553308082674.webm (854x480, 1.49M)

>parroting the epic phrase of the month on Yea Forums
Very fitting for someone who gets his opinions secondhand.
Baseless accusation with no evidence. Is it really so unusual for you to actually play the games you discuss that you assume no one does?

user please stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself at this point.

You won't get rid of me that easily.

Will PC retards ever not be bitter?

Why are people so obsessed with this game? It was incredibly fun back then but people keep bringing it up and it's getting tiresome. It didn't do anything new.

Attached: raven.png (616x583, 306K)

Just because you tell someone it's embarrassing for them it doesn't make it so. When someone calls you out and rightfully tells you how trivial your opinion is because you literally experience games vicariously, it isn't embarrassing for them. It's embarrassing for you. And it only makes it obvious to others more the more you try and turn the tables.

I liked fucking around with my friends in multiplayer and shooting ai in the butt but ravensoft doomlikes, doom and quake were more fun, even doom 64 was more fun than goldeneye
Also it's been free on PC for literally decades and a lot of boomers here probably played it as kids so I don't get why you're trying to make this into a modern platform war
Also

Because it was the 90s equivalent of a modern Sony cinematic experience, but it's a Nintendo game so it's ok.

?

How do you even come to that conclusion? The levels are sandboxes with objectives you can fail and no scripted setpieces.

What it added to the game were mostly cinematic and immersive in nature.

There's a fucking website dedicated to a community of autists talking about and improving their Goldeneye gameplay, nobody has ever played it soley for the cinematic experience you retard zoomie

rankings.the-elite.net/goldeneye

Attached: elitenetlogo.jpg (500x500, 66K)

I don't think anybody ever said that.

What the fuck are you talking about you retard

Goldeneye was all about the multiplayer. A 4-player multiplayer mode was new back in the day so of course people played Goldeneye 4-player mode. How young are you?

if you're actually putting GE on the level of doom. lol just lol user

For many people their first multiplayer and FPS game was actually Goldeneye. Turok's still great of course but its really nothing personal against it.

This is a very nteresting video full of fascinating details and anecdotes, but after about 40 minutes I had to go away and get some ice cream just to cope. No disprespect to Martin who is clearly a top bloke for designing all this stuff (my own dream in many ways) and for having that key sense of humour and design taste, but he.... *long breathe out* .... ahhh .... *chuckles to self* ..... well ..... could've rehearsed this .... *breath out* ... *strokes arm uncomfortably* .... somewhat better.

Attached: 1552339427812.png (317x449, 399K)

I'm sure it was new for the N64. Very ironic you'd ask how young I was. Since you seem to think Goldeneye brought 4 player multiplayer into existence, I'm really wondering young you are. I'm sure you'll try and turn the tables instead of fessing up though, so I guess it really doesn't matter. What matters is
>A 4-player multiplayer mode was new back in the day
It's just funny how hilariously factually incorrect this statement is. It was new for console players maybe, at best.

You have to understand that PC fags didn't actually play the game, and are forever insecure about the idea a console FPS can be a good game.

imagine caring about old games LOL

why would a pcfag be jealous of a console shooter and not something fun like mario 64?

Goldeneye was the first 4 player splitscreen FPS, nobody gives a shit about Doom or Quake over LAN because setting that up is significantly more expensive as it requires everyone involved to have a gaming PC.

There you go trying to turn the tables and make your point more valid somehow. Called it.
Don't get me wrong, I played a lot of Goldeneye with my friends when I was younger but fucking lol. Continue to delude yourself, I'm sure once you get out of highschool you'll be a bit less unbiased in your opinions.

Its simply objective reality that way more people played Goldeneye splitscreen than PC shooters over LAN.

>People playing "Goldeneye" for the story when you can watch the movies
>Implying all the kids wanted to know about their deep lore Goldeneye

All we wanted to do back then was to shoot each other.

This.

>it isn't simplistic like quake therefore it's bad!
The absolute state of this post.

>I played a lot of Goldeneye with my friends
No you didn't, idiot.