This game wasn't bad but it gets pretty repetitive quickly

This game wasn't bad but it gets pretty repetitive quickly

How would you fix this in the next entry?

Attached: 1b5.jpg (1756x1080, 263K)

actually have an interesting world to explore instead of filling the map with shrines and seeds

>game wasn't bad but its bad
yikes

more active lore and have your interactions have a lasting effect on the world
more open ended quests where you get the goal and you have to figure out how you want to complete that goal

wildfires and shit like that

Make an aactual story

It gets repetitive

brap

this game would feel ten times more interesting if there wasn't a map or fast travel, of course you can limit yourself to play without the map if you want to

Fast travel I agree with. You should have to travel via ships, airships, chariots, etc. having no map at all would be awful though

well how about having a map but not having a marker showing where you are, or having like a physical poster map or something to look at, it'd make the experience pretty cool imo, though I can see how people wouldn't want to deal with that shit

More ass desu

so its bad

Add dating elements

They need to catch up with Assassin Creed first.

it's a bad design. go back to traditional linear storytelling, dungeon sequences.

Not him but no it’s not all bad, it just he’s a bit boring/repetitive after like 80 hours. I remember my first playthrough I was super gung-ho about finding and searching everything. I got bored and just went to the end after about 30 hours in

It’s honestly a tech demo/physics sandbox first and an actual game second

it should have a difficulty mode where it disables shit like this because I know self imposed challenges aren't the same

Actual Zelda dungeons, similar to OoT/MM or Twilight Princess.

Themed ones, none of that bland beast crap.

Smaller world. For some reason game devs have a hard on for huge empty maps that they can't fill with actual content.
The first 30 hours or so was amazing in BotW but after that it was all downhill. Just make it smaller even if that means the game will be "shorter" aka no artificial lengthening.

multiple mini stories to complete, completely independent of each other, just like the four beasts but actual stories instead of being so short

so majoras mask tier story structure but modernized

I know the game was designed around weapons being expendable but at the very least make it possible to repair/upgrade weapons you actually like.

Every conversation I had about this game went along the lines of
>DUDE LOOK AT WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THE BOMBS
>DUDE DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS WITH THE TIME STOPPER?!
>DUDE YOU CAN MAKE A FLYING MACHINE WITH THE MAGNET!!
>oh....I mean I GUESS you can do all the bland dungeons that make the final boss 1/2 as hard......or I GUESS you can collect the OPTIONAL AND SKIPPABLE storyline cutscenes.....if you want
>BUT THE PARAGLDIER!

More buildings and caves

>bit boring/repetitive after like 80 hours
just any other game?

the map is alright sized if your play style is to not comb through the map but instead go from objective to objective casually while getting randomly side tracked when going from you intended point a to b

Yeah, no. There's no point in exploring even quarter of the snowy part in north--west. Same for the desert in south-west and some other areas.

Same thing with Morrowind and Oblivion/Skyrim. You don't need fast travel in Morrowind because you have so many other option with ships, mages guild porters, mark/recall, divine and almsivi intervention and propylon indexs. In Oblivion you have literally nothing and in Skyrim you have these shitty horse carts and I guess connected dwemer paths and thats it.

That was more of a dig at the people who spout
>give it a chance! It gets good 200 hours in!
I personally only put in about 45 hours

no I agree which is why I said it's good if you don't play with the mindset of going out and exploring in it and instead just going from point a to b while possibly getting sidetracked with what you see along the path to getting there

Were you sucking dicks while those conversation were happening? Thats the impression i got from your shitpost, faggot

>themed dungeons
>permanent equipment to find in dungeons
>more settlements
>remove or significantly alter weapon degradation
>remove GPS
>remove quest markers
>remove hang glider
>increase stamina cost for climbing
>hire English voice actors for English characters

Found no issue.

Attached: zelda.jpeg.jpg (445x427, 24K)

How is it a shitpost at all? People RAVE about the physics but when confronted with the fact that the 4 main (and only) dungeons are very bland and very similar aesthetically and they PUNISH you for beating them by 1/2 killing the final boss AND the fact that the main meat of the story is told through skippable and optional flash back cutscenes, you hear crickets.
You liked the game, I thought it was mediocre, that doesn’t make my opinion a shitpost

way way more super hidden cool shit, that's what make sandboxes so fucking cool, when you find some very well hidden cave that opens up to something huge instead of some lame ass chest or something

also way more mysteries, think of mount chiliad mystery from gta v but actually real and of course fitted for zelda

I don’t know why they didn’t hide dope ass weapons or armor across the land
>inb4 they did
No, I meant like legendary cool ass shit

They actually did but they hid them all behind amiibo shit

Attached: brap.png (445x427, 344K)

in fact I want to expand on this, completely fucking remove the main quest shit, like literally start out with no quests or anything and instead you just play in the world and discover shit until at some point you've played enough to realize some bigger goal which you then complete, so it'd be very inobvious what's going on in the world until you actually yourself just interact with the world and discover what it has to offer

>nerf meals
>disable fast travel if there are enemies around or if you're airborne
>more organic Shrine entrances and surroundings, and not copypasted pods
>different themes in Shrines (at least do what the Trial of the Sword did with its Shrine styled interiors and incorporate different landscape styles)
>less overall shrines
>more dungeons
>actual traditional style dungeons with actual distinct themes (perhaps have some dungeons disable specific powers/Runes in order to make them more linear and less cheesable)
>don't limit weapons or armor from past games to DLC or Amiibos
>make the traditional green tunic and hat outfit much more easily accessible
>perhaps an option for a left handed Link
>knock off this minimalistic UI and menu crap; bring back menus that look like stone again and a font that isn't a boring generic sans serif font
>buff most weapon durability across the board
>allow for most weapons to be repaired when damaged or broken

The game is at it's best in
1. The plateau
2. Eventide island
3. The sword trials
Basically, when the game necessitates creativity and you have limited resources it's much more fun. But you no longer have limited resources after like 15 hours at most.

Attached: 1549618320494.png (1063x529, 764K)

That's the thing, what would you actually hide in those caves or whatever that's both really cool and worth it to find, but also not required for beating the game?
A grappling hook? (Just a quick example off the top of my head; leaving aside whether that would even mesh well with all the free climbing mechanics)
I can already see the reaction being "meh, a tool so I can explore more areas to find more stuff to explore more areas. Or I could just go and beat Calamity Ganon right now since I have all I need". That's not much different from how I feel about shrines, ultimately.
I think making the game too open by frontloading all the runes and requiring too little to be able to beat it is the mistake. You can always argue everything else feels like filler or is not interesting enough to get to.
Even if they hid the DLC motorbike in some cave in the base game, what good would that do you?

Attached: mugen_contemplating.png (480x320, 38K)

This is Zelda not a Souls game.

dunno about you but beating the game isn't that important I just want to discover cool shit that's the entire thing I wanted from botw, literally didn't give a fuck about the goal of the game

I actually like this idea, but you and I both know that Nintendo wants to maximize profits so they gotta hand hold the modern gamer a bit because the majority are retards.

>reduce the world size to 1/4, add more stuff that takes advantage of the verticality like large interior areas or caves in a mountain
>add classic dungeons, with a couple of them being very well hidden and optional
>bombs and arrows are limited, fairies are extinct
>you can only save at specific points, and the difficulty is increased, with a difficulty choice at the start of a save file
>these specific points refill your items like bombs and arrows, and repair your weapons automatically, so you don't feel bad about using them
>weapons don't break but have a limited number of uses before they need to be repaired
>you can pick any weapon from any mob, but can't shove them in your inventory and they break. Unique weapons are found in the world
>smaller inventory while traveling, you can only pick one weapon of each type to carry with you, any new weapons you find are unusable until you return to a save point and equip it there

No your opinion is a shitpost because you type like an immense faggot, learn to type without sounding like your ass is still sore from being treated like the neighborhood bike before you shit out the runny liquid that is "your opinion" on this board.

remove the bullshit climbing and gliding that makes every mechanic in the game obsolete
make the world far smaller and more detailed
put actual items in the game
no weapon degradation
build the puzzle design into the actual world instead of compartmentalizing it into empty voids

how about give link the vertical and horizontal slash and crouchstabs like every other game, BotW swordplay is absolutely brainless.
Even Windwaker reaction commands would add a layer of depth here, the current flurry rush doesn't look good and doesn't feel good to perform as link just teleports around.

Perfectly acceptable. And for some people, exploring and finding the shrines was enough. Just the act of finding and getting to them, and not what cool reward you get for that.
But criticism is usually directed against the reward itself being underwhelming, so I wonder what other reward people would find better. I thought the journey was enough, personally.

yeah that's what I said, cooler shit to find than repetitive looking shrines with a predictable structure to them, more unique shit hidden away in a way that makes finding them feel like you actually found something hidden

botw is good but it'd be better if they did this

What a surprise that the fun parts of the game are when it's NOT open.

It's almost like it being an open world game was completely unnecessary.

I'll add, for example shrines would've been way more interesting if you randomly entered a shrine and inside you'd find some crazy naked man trapped inside the shrine or something, that was a random idea but my point is that if random things like that could happen then it'd be way more interesting to see what's there

or what if there was like a cult revolving around some shrine and inside there'd be some crazy shit involving that etc.

>classic dungeons
This is the opposite of what the game needs. People dislike the divine beasts exactly because they tried so hard to be like the 'classic dungeons but epic but also muh freedom' without realizing they already had a new and much better form of dungeon that accomplishes exactly that - Hyrule Castle.

I would restrict the climbing and spread out the different powers across the map. At the start of the game you can climb vine covered walls and trees, but not sheer stone or brick. I'd add equipment that lets you climb up other surfaces like that. I'd bring back the hookshot, but give it more utility. You can now, for example, shoot it up into the ceiling and then use it to swing across a gap Indiana Jones style.

Bombs are now a consumable item in your inventory. You buy them for find them. Bomb-chus are back and of-course you have round or square bombs.

Abilities like Stasis, Magnesis, and the Ice-block thing are all acquired over the course of the game. They are spread out over the map, you don't just get them all at the start. You'll need to find every ability to unlock the entire map because parts will be un-traversable without them and/or certain dungeons can't be reached without them.

Weapons and shields degrade, but you can repair them with items. Each time you repair the items max HP declines, so eventually the item will break unless you take it to a black-smith to fix it and pay rupees. Higher tier the item the more expensive it is to fix.

Attached: game_over_return_of_ganon_by_kaigetsudo-d4l00vv.jpg (900x695, 165K)

>Bring magic back and expand upon it
>More towns
>Themed dungeons that play into the locations lore
>Way more enemy variety
>Green Tunic more realistically obtainable before beating the game
>Epona's song
>Enemies that feel like actual threats later in the game
>No annoying stalfos at night.
>No more cooking
>No more having to pause the game and heal every time I take damage. It isn't good game design no game should have you constantly pausing to heal.
>Random weapons can still break, but you can find permanent ones like the Master Sword and the magic hammer.
>Maybe bring back the transformation masks.
Being able to roll around as a Goron or sail through the air as a Deku would be incredible.
>Let me play as Ganondorf and let me take over the world.
>Make smaller locations feel like pic related.

One thing that I don't like about open world games is that they often overlook smaller areas. They'd rather put the effort into making a big city feel important and end up forgetting that the smaller areas need some attention as well.

Attached: Gravekeeper's_Hut.png (639x476, 454K)

every zelda game is an "open world" game. it's a matter of design.
it's asinine to make a game that has no boundaries whatsoever, only to lead into segments which are rigidly bound to provide an actual challenge. the dumbest thing in the game is that you spend the entire game being able to climb every surface, EXCEPT for when you go into a shrine or a divine beast so you aren't able to circumvent the entire puzzle design

it's almost like that should have made it obvious to them that the climbing mechanic was a terrible idea

Muh freedom is exactly the problem. The old dungeons were better because they weren't completely open ended.

The divine beasts also don't offer any puzzles you haven't already seen a dozen times in the shrines.

Hyrule Castle is a cool setting, but I wouldn't call it a dungeon. It's just another place you can explore, or skip over entirely.

This fart of the shitch for you.

hyrule castle is a dungeon? it literally took me 5 minutes to swim up the waterfall to get to ganon. divine beasts are absolute shit because they ALL have orientation manipulation puzzles with slight variations. The most unique of these is vah ruta, but water manipulation is absolutely nothing new for the series. Some linearity in obtaining the slate runes or even additional slate runes post-GP would have done wonders for the puzzle design instead of the mediocre portal test chamber stuff we got in the game.

Shutup faggot

>it's almost like that should have made it obvious to them that the climbing mechanic was a terrible idea

Like I explain here: Climbing just needs sensible restrictions. I forgot to add as well that Wall Masters and Tek-tites should be back, used as enemies that inhabit vertical surfaces, to make climbing harder. Might need the hook-shot so that you can fire it into the wall while you are high up on a cliff. Doing so frees up one or both hands (hook-shot mighth ave an upgrade to attach it to a harness you wear) so that you can use a weapon to defend yourself while you're up there.

Attached: fg050__welcome_to_the_dark_world_by_kenisu3000-d6xl45g.png (1024x837, 1.47M)

You've horribly misinterpreted why those areas are fun.
They're the highlights of the game for almost everyone because it's where they're forced to push all the mechanics to their limits - combat, climbing, physics, chemistry, food crafting, etc. They aren't good because they're limited in size, if anything they may as well be mini-overworlds.

the tarrey town questline had some fun ideas and a really cool end result
I would say more like it, but I know they would fuck it up and make it all repetitive as fuck

Attached: 1528210738770.jpg (850x1144, 361K)

>reading comprehension

also just add more depth to the mechanics as you'd expect from a sequel

climbing would be 100x more interesting if you had multiple different tools you could discover and craft for climbing, say you'd craft some grapling hook and and use it to climb in some clever and dynamic problem solving ways in some difficult terrain, but oh wait it's a really fucking cold mountain and it's blowing really hard you better get some other tool to keep yourself attached to the wall while you use the rope to pull yourself upwards, oh maybe the cold is doing damage to you so you need to have some other set of tools that allows you to stop in the middle of the climb to consume something to give you what you need to climb further for a while, shit like that

I can kind of see what you mean, and it was already somewhat present in a way.
Like meeting some random Gorons on your way out in the Gerudo wastelands, having a contest of manliness. But then the end result is predictable as you said and you know "aha, if I win that contest against them I guess I am gonna find another shrine with another orb".

idk what to tell you. hyrule castle is not a good climax to the game since they had to design it so you could beat it from the start instead of being a test of all of your obtained skills. People don't like divine beasts because they had shittier puzzles than a large portion of the shrines.

Test

>Climbing just needs sensible restrictions
That is true, at the same time some people are whining over the inclusion of stamina, though.
Yes, those are sometimes the same people who think climbing is too powerful, too.

not him but you should have the ability to climb anything but require more tools for different terrain instead of just having it be as simple as climbing until tired and falling off

Hyrule castle was great, you need to rethink your life.

You're allowed to like a game but think there are flaws in it. No game is perfect.
I don't want to see LoZ become TLoU.

icle.

You're in a tiny minority then if you disliked Hyrule Castle.
People call it closer to a traditional dungeon compared to beasts despite it not having any of the 'tropes' that the beasts lack, like small keys and an item halfway through. Why? Because it's what dungeons set out to be - sprawling labyrinths that you explore and eventually conquer of your own volition.

More elements that give variety to your traversal or combat in a meaningful way. The bike in the DLC is a perfect example of this, but by its nature as a bonus for playing the DLC, it's basically the last thing you ever get for people who played early, or is a late game item for people who played later.

Except the Plateau and Eventide are open you absolute cockwomble. They're literally just the game as a whole, but presented on a smaller scale. Your progression through them is still entirely open.

why do people say the plateau is good?? it sucked ass honestly

user is kind of right about it being designed so you can beat it from the start, though. Atmosphere and everything was top notch, exploring it really fun.
But them throwing all the tools you need to beat it at you in there was just a little dumb.

what if you weren't told what's wrong with the world and how to fix it? designing your game around that would make it way more interesting because it'd be inherently about discovering shit and figuring out what's going on

>Move varied weapon move-sets
>Better main dungeons
>Less shrines
>More enemy types
>Better combat
I would add a better plot, but that's highly subjective

Attached: 1553244454946.jpg (1200x1000, 630K)

Once again, the NDF has come to defend what they see as a flawless masterpiece and will be content witha *worse* game next time. I blame you Nincels if the next game is even more boring, with even less varied content. What’s frustratubg is Nintendo was so damn close, they needed more enemy types, a better final Ganon fight, more dungeons like hyrule castle, better weapon/armor/healing balancing, and more caves. Maybe a few other things, like more runes but nothing massively altering the whole experience. The next game could have all of that and then I’d join the fanboys and defend it from Snoys, but no, we’re going to get something watered down instead.

SEETHING

This way, you could even make the memories semi-mandatory to figure out what's even going on and what to do.
A possible problem might be that you'd simply be lost if you found the memories out of order or not at all, but the former can easily be fixed (just give the first memory for the location you visit first, and so on).

I think we can agree that it has great atmosphere, but I would never call it a zelda dungeon unless you're only allowef to compare it to zelda 1
It has that same sort of open progression in lttp where you can go to any dungeon after you unlock dark world

Why can’t that just die already? Toys to life is dead fad now, and Nintendo doesn’t make enough Amiibo anyway.

Caves and dungeons. BoTW wanted the open world feel of the two NES LoZ games and the two LoZ games rewarded you for exploring different places.

God damnit user. I'm not saying Hyrule Castle is a 'traditional' dungeon. I'm not saying it's the best dungeon in the series. I'm saying that the form of dungeon that Hryule Castle (that being a glorified but interconnected 'area) is is more enjoyable and way better suited to the BotW-style world than both beasts and 'traditional' dungeons. Understand?

Condense the world a bit. People can freak out when they start comparing size of world maps and are easily wowed by "Wow look how big it is" but a smaller world with more to do is better than a larger world with a lot of nothing.

better waifus

just have it be you listening to the issues the inhabitants face, figuring out yourself how to deal with those issues and in the process develop a better understanding what's actually going on in the world, like if the issues came from something far more bigger and sinister and you'd slowly unravel what that is when trying to just fix shit in the world

so having very very open ended goals and your task is to tackle them how you best see fit

then at some point you should be able to have a good enough understanding to unravel the big secret that's behind all the issues in the world and at that point you'd reached you final goal which is basically getting rid of the root cause

It's one of Nintendo's most profitable ventures as of late. Autists love little statues, and artificial scarcity ensures that they'll be falling over themselves to get their hands on them.

The fact that you can’t go into Akala Citadel is a fucking tease. This awesome, massive tower with a Sheikah towert on top, but nope, you climb around it. Lame.

>actual dungeons that act like they do in older Zelda titles aka linear, giving an item that's needed to progress and ends with a dungeon boss
>less shrines that are longer and might reguire specific tools
>more places like Huryle castle that are there just for explorations sake
>give up on weapon breaking, rather make unbreakable versions of all weapons that beed to be acquired and make them upgradeable like armors to have them do more damage
There are some nitpicks you could go with but these are all the major things that need to be done to make the next open world Zelda great. BotW is a really good platform to build on so I'm hoping Nintendo will hear the valid complaints and fix them.

Oh yeah that's of course better. I was just going off of the idea of getting memories back since that's already present in the game.
> unravel the big secret that's behind all the issues in the world
I guess this might work even better with a timeskip longer than 100 years, so Calamity Ganon is already forgotten. Otherwise people could know and pretty much tell you why everything has gone to shit.

Bring back Koizumi for one last passion project since he's probably the only major ex-Zelda dev member team left who has the talent and vision to properly pull off a new game formula that Nintendo can recycle for the next 10-20 years.

Aonuma and the new replacement director suck dick. They cannot create a well-rounded gaming experience to save their fucking lives; for every new thing they manage to get right, they get 3 things wrong in the process.

Attached: yoshiaki_koizumi_pic_2-768x430.png (768x430, 223K)

that or just a functional world but shits just going down, like towns are getting sick or going crazy, people are getting corrupted, suddenly rain has stopped somewhere, there's a flood or something, shit like this which all in the end stems from some root cause