So we all agree itsuno dropped the ball on v's gameplay?

So we all agree itsuno dropped the ball on v's gameplay?

Attached: 22ef390cd240d2baa8dc5951e778f793d48c972br1-768-431v2_hq.jpg (768x431, 37K)

who cares i've drained my balls to v more times than i can count

he was beta testing for DD2

What do you mean by this?

The issue is that he's barebones as fuck compared to Nero and Dante.
Needed more moves or summons on repeat playthroughs to catch up with Dante's SDT and Devil Arms or Nero's Breakers + DT abilties

v made me realise things about myself

Attached: dLETudn.gif (500x282, 75K)

Has anyone made a good combo video using him?

Only arcsys can make good companion gameplay in their fighting games where it feels well-integrated with the summoner. It's not surprising that Capcom can't do it.

He's not barebones as much as the devs gave you a lot of direct control for doing combos as is standard with these types of games but you never feel like you have direct control over V and his summons because directional inputs and etc. are all tied with one another that makes certain types of moves and combinations near impossible. I feel like additional moves won't really help except with more cane moves but rebinding the current crop of them so they don't take directional input or using some more inputs that they didn't use like the directional pad or something would've helped. Right not it really just seems like mashing or whatnot.

Yep. Basically beta testing for DD2. Barely given any thought. Nightmare moves should have just used DT instead of having to summon him. DT should have had the summons form into Nelo Angelo with Nightmare as armor, Shadow as the sword, and Griffon as the gun. Makes you invincible but getting hit eats at DT. This more engaging than we got but Itsuno wouldn't do it since he's obsessed with each character playing different.

Not really, the only issue is he has less moves for being entirely new. In comparison Dante and Nero are a little more comprehensive. (Dante especially)

Other than that V is fine. He's a great addition.

I think his style point gain could have been balanced better

It definitely would have been cool if he had more demons he could summon and maybe a list of just not summon related spells.

V was fine he was just far inferior to Dante and Nero which was the real problem.

>DD2 necromancer/summoner class
itsuno pls

V was an interesting experiment but I think DMC5 maybe would have been better without him as a playable character.

Supposedly he was by far the hardest character to make because his playstyle was so different, Itsuno is very proud of him and considers him his favorite character. One part of me thinks it's cool that they wanted to try something different with DMC, but the other part of me feels the effort might not really have been worth it.

I think developers can sometimes confuse impressive with fun, it was impressive that DMC5 had three playable characters, but I don't think it made the game more fun.

I genuinely have no fucking clue what I'm doing when I play V. I just mash the buttons and hope the Devil Trigger bar fills up fast enough to save me

The fact that V seemed to be such a blatant test drive for a summoner class in Dragon's Dogma 2 makes me wonder if they'll introduce even more DMC elements into DD2.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see a lock-on and launcher/stinger being a standard part of melee classes moveset.

And Dante's styles, seriously that and multiple weapons shouldn't be Dante exclusive.

I think V became way more enjoyable for me when I stopped thinking of him as a summoner and more like a character who's offense and defense is split in two.

You're not supposed to stand back as much as you think, they actually have a max range they can be from you and you need to get in there and join the fight. I actually don't think he becomes fun until like DMD because then you're forced to learn how he plays instead of just button mashing.

No.
My complaints are that Nightmare is just the "remove difficulty button", and Shadow attacks a bit slow.
But I really like his gameplay, his story, his design, all of it.

this.
You'd gain a lot more style points and the moves are more responsive.

nero is already barebones, and the db disnt fix that
should’ve given dante 70% of missions, nero 25% and v 5% considering how they play