Sekiro Lady Butterfly

Lmao what the fuck, beat her in first try, same with bull,samurai on horse with 2nd. Guess you really need to git gud

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 14.07.16.13.jpg (2553x1439, 1005K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v88GhnrkhdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also beat her first try, but these samurai generals are kicking my shit in, especially the guy on the stairs with the guns around him.

i beat the game on first try

Yeah, he hits pretty hard, but just stealth him, firecrackers after that to get rest and try to bait him into doing Mikiri

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.24 - 12.39.04.88.jpg (2561x1439, 953K)

It's funny when you realise that the people who are having trouble with this games are the ones who actually try to approach the combat cleverly. They parry but the input delay fucks them, they dodge but the lack of i-frames fucks then.

Meanwhile the people who just run in and mash like retards inevitably do better because the game "rewards aggression".

What a truly awful game.

>dat hp
no wonder you beat her first try
most people try taking her on with no damage upgrades
also she can be dodge cheesed cause her AI sucks

For that guy I ran up the stairs and just chain executed all the snipers as fast as possible until I could fight the general.

Donkey also showed that you can apparently shuriken the snipers three times each to kill them without noticing you. Leads me to believe that you can use the chargeable shuriken prosthetic to just kill them with one shot of spirit emblems.

The general isn't that hard once you get him alone but his snipers are jackasses.

Trying to abuse i frames like you did in souls isn't "approaching the combat cleverly"

That guy was piss easy, just focus on the gunners, then leg it out of there and reset him, stealth deathblow when he's walking back, then he's essentially just like the first guy in the game.

The seven sword spear fucker on the other hand was a bitch.

she is the capra demon of the game

Based and kinpilled.

I think a lot of people panic or try to do the wrong thing against a boss-mini boss
Like for the bull just jump on him like a retard every time he try to fuck you up and it's piss easy, same shit for the ogre, just jump around and wait for a opening

I'm still trying to get the seven sword spear guy.

I haven't been able to confirm: after you do the mikiri counter on his signature thrust, he does another thrust. Can you also counter the second thrust or am I trying for naught? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to but i haven't managed to figure out the timing.

Also even with sneaking around behind him and getting a full bar off doesnt do shit because he's so strong. The worst part is clearing out the area between him and the sculptors idol every time.

Also, anybody talk to the purple ninja in the cell where you started the game? I saw him and tried to get a death blow but when I did he had some NPC dialogue that I missed and now hes aggrod to my file.

>tfw to smart to be good at the game

I die to everything in this game. its really highlighted how bad I an at video games

The game has a ton of mechanics and almost all of them are useless besides spamming firecrackers and mashing R1 with your one weapon. Jump also sort of works, but only sometimes based on arbitrary hitboxes.

It's a truly soul-destroying experence compared to using different weapons or magic builds.

she's the blood starved beast all over again

based
also trying to use brain to predict attacks fucks you up since some of them are straight up unrealistic, so much for "in-depth combat"

The one with the spear on top of the stairs at ashina basin has been the hardest for me iI fucking hate that guy

Does that guy fighting besides you drunken fat fuck in Hirata estate is scripted to die? H died 2 hits before killing fat fuck

If you just shuriken dash her shes easy as fuck

I don't think so since you can fight the fat fuck without having him aggro'd

He lives if you're 'good'

The people who say this game are hard are the same ones who kept the "DARK SOULS IS SO HARD OMG" shit going for years.

I love this fucking meme where timing your dodges and managing stamina to avoid massive sweeping AoE attacks is "abusing i-frames".

In this game you just "abuse posture" with relentless R1 spam, 90% of the time you will take hits but still end up killing everything quicker and with less damage taken overall than if you tried to play it even remotely carefully.

You can deflect 5 times and all it takes is getting hit once and you've wasted time and effort achieving nothing. Bosses are the same story, you just guard, spam attacks then occasionally firecrackers.

He's been the hardest to beat for me more so than any other boss I've encountered. I've probably tried 20 times and he still fucks me up

I beat all the other guys first and then talked to that guy so we fought the fat fuck together and survived
in the end he just says he's tired

Spear wielding Steven is a cuck. But I just snuck right to him, stealthed the one bar, and then you go aggro. Mikiri the stab and he'll either A: do a swing that will knock him over if you deflect. B: do that big wind up swing which you can just side step. Or C: just do some random swing. He mixes shit up, you just gotta keep on him.

That ninja has me stuck though, I did the same thing you did. Apparently if you talk to him twice he goes aggressive anyways, but he's a real cunt to fight

After you beat Genichiro there is a flip wall in Kuros room which leads to the starting sculptor area. I didn’t even see this passage at the start of the game. Anyone know if you can access that room from the start?

I love how soulsfags out themselves as brainlets when they try to explain how the combat system in Sekiro works and they list only two things they ever do lmao.

It's just says there's "something blocking the otherside" yet obviously when you get there nothing IS on the other side nor did you need a key to use it

How do you open the door after beating the drunkard?

lmao git gud

BSB is the easiest, most broken boss in any FROM game ever. You can literally casually walk left the entire fight and not get touched. I have never even taken damage from him in about 6-7 fights.

I just beat Owl took me like 40 tries but I fucking did it, he was the toughest boss yet

it's exactly the same for Lady Butterfly

>struggle against a boss for half an hour
>suddenly something clicks and killed the boss without chugging once
oh fuck what is this feeling

Attached: 1456153575895.jpg (1173x1389, 273K)

what the FUCK I installed AMD's Sekiro drivers and it made the game run significantly worse

Attached: 1529878557023.jpg (529x436, 87K)

Oh boy, casual soulsfag just got filtered and we get to watch him lose it. Damn I hope the new Armored Core is hard as fuck and even more of you get filtered out of FROM's target audience.

Looking forward to playing her, just started playing and and go to the horseman boss guy.

He was able to live when I faced him

>Uh oh, why my clever reliance on my character magically becoming temporarily invincible is not working?

Seething casualshitter.

>Meanwhile the people who just run in and mash like retards inevitably do better because the game "rewards aggression".

Post webm of you beating the very first miniboss this way.

Grind some oil and set him on fire, if you feel that fighting fairly is hopeless.

I beat my head against this guy for like, 3 hours straight. After you've backstabbed him for one bar, throw oil and use flame vent. Keep him burning as much as possible, as it'll make your Mikiri Counters more effective against his posture. Then, just bait him into thrusting, Mikiri, and block his follow up swipe (I never had him thrust twice). Reposition and repeat.

If you're comfortable blocking his other attacks, you can throw him off balance after 2-3 perfect guards and chip at his health while he's down.

How are you guys approaching fights like butterfly, samurai horse, to win on the first or second try?

I'm not sure if I am playing the "right" way or am just not good at fundamentals. I've practiced a lot with parrying, but I'm still not good at timing normal attacks, being ready for parries, and dodging perilous moves, I feel like.

For the drunk sumo guy, the way I beat him was to wait for him to make a combo attack where I knew for certain that he wouldn't have a surprise follow-up, then I would rush in, get in one or two attacks, then back away. Basically, chipping his health down slowly.

But I feel like the "right" way to fight is to get in close, and mix up dodging, jumping, parrying, prosthetics, and normal attacks. I'm just haven't figured out how to get into the right flow. When I normal attack, I tend to over-extend and then miss a parry. Dodges are hard to pull out on most bosses, because their attacks have a wide arc or they have tracking.

don't trade with him too much, bait him until he do his thrust and stomp the shit out of his spear. I remember stomping like 5 times before breaking his posture.

>Post webm of you beating the very first miniboss this way.

It's pretty easy especially since they lose all tracking if you don't lock-on. You can just walk around them. You'll take hits but you'll win out in the end.

The moment you try parrying or dodging you're basically serving your ass on a platter.

Most people are just lying. 90% of the git gud crowd are newly adolescents who think hard = good but then you find out they're just playing in an extremely simplistic way the game doesn't know how to deal with.

I beat the game on my first try while blindfolded lol.
I didn't even use a wiki lol. Nor youtube lol.

Some people just need to git gud.

First thing you gotta do is be a liar and also watch a lot of youtube tutorials.

>quit game
>game crashes
>save corrupted

great job, FromSoft

uninstall.

people are shitposting
but I find the most effective way to beat all boss is to master perfect deflect. The most effective and safe pattern for human enemies is just attacking once -> perfect deflect 2 attacks ->attack again. Sounds boring but you constantly attacks and not healing so it's actually quite fast.
There are actually some mini bosses that require you to literally perfect block every attack to not die

>playing on pc
yikes

horse is easier than some mini bosses but butterfly killed me like 5 times before I got the pattern
had no knowledge about the shuriken thing too

How can one man be so wrong? People parrying a lot are the ones that do the best at the game. That is literally how the combat works. You have not played Sekiro.

Why lie? Spamming attacks gets you nowhere against minibosses or bosses. They deflect your combos and combo back at you, which you have to deflect or jump or side step depending on how they attacked. You have not played the game.

This game is hard retard

post proof you killed her in one try

Why wouldn't you tho? Runs at a stable 60 for me on my 1070 at 1440p

It's not that hard to be honest, the hardest part for me was unlearning certain habits from playing the Souls games

>It's pretty easy

Stop blabbering. Post a webm or admit that you're lying.

okay after 10 hours of playing this game and being kinda underwhelmed, the combat finally clicked for me and I beat General Tenzen Yamauchi big dick style constantly on the attack and parrying everything without taking damage. when the deathblow animation hit my hips were moving on their own.

Attached: 20190324153857_1.jpg (1920x1080, 447K)

>How are you guys approaching fights like butterfly, samurai horse, to win on the first or second try?

I've won against the horsefucker first try, but granny fucked me up for around 15 attempts.

The thing is, the game incentivizes approaching every fight differently. I fell for the parry meme, so Gyobu who is designed for parrying was easy. Lady Butterfly however is designed for dodging (beating her by perfect parrying is possible, but not with my reflexes), therefore I suffered, until realizing that the advice given by the game before her fight was spot on, and you need to constantly dodge and counterattack if you want to survive the second phase.

That's been my hardest fight too. Didn't cheese him and stuck with it. Everything has been easy in comparison.

Is there a way to do that? I beat her my first try but it's not like there's an achievement or anything.

He fucked me up for a while too.
Most recent ass-whipper was the snake eyes dude in the sunken valley

FUCKING Armoured cunt on the bridge. I know now that you need to close in and break his posture but those huge fuck off swings seem to catch me while I'm trying to stay behind him. Then once you're hit it's pretty much over particularly if you get caught with your back against the wall. Closing back in is almost always death. Spent the first few attempts trying to break off his armour with the spear as well. Fucking bastard.

Attached: 1547404561741.png (458x493, 281K)

you can also throw pungent blood cocktails at the wall and rip out his anus when he goes to attack the wall

the horse guys extremely easy. just spam attack him till either his health or posture is depleted. since he spends most of his time aping around the arena he isnt actually that great at hitting you. whenever he does come near though, just parry his scythe axe thing, and beat his shit in right after. he'll either kneel down right there and then, or run off and let you grapple hook him.

I had trouble with lady butterfly at first, but if you just git gud at dodging kunai and parrying its easy as anything. her 2nd phase is harder but if you just get some snap seeds it not an issue.

Countering is your friend, whenever my health got too low i would firecracker him to gourd up, then use them crackers to get some cheap hits in, deflect blows and get that mikiri honed in.

God I wanna fuck Kuro so bad. His dub voice he sounds literally like a woman.

After the Juzou fight, I ran into this locked door, any idea how to open it?

I don't remember any locked doors past that fight. Just a secret door to a chest with a prayer bead.

I NEED MORE FULMINATED MERCURY AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1550649717676.png (1358x785, 313K)

I made this post. I read a bit online about blocking/parrying, and then attempted horsey boy for the 2nd time, and won somewhat easily.

The thing that was messing me up, before, was I was trying to parry by tapping the button, sometimes repeatedly. But the window for parries for most enemies is pretty generous. If you just hold down block at the right time, rather than tap, you still get the parry.

horsey boy's attacks don't do much posture damage, so it was pretty easy to just block, right in his face, and then counter once his combo finished. firecrackers helped a lot, too.

Should I jump?

Attached: 20190324_181048.jpg (4160x2080, 2.86M)

do it, there’s a new area if you do

*sips* now demon of hatred, THAT'S a real From boss fight

How do I get the sakura carp at Mibu Village? I can't hit it under me

Attached: 20190324131318_1.jpg (1920x1080, 178K)

You can cheese her. Just slash and then run up to her and slash again, don't block. There is a rhythm to it but it works.

You get the ability to swim underwater after a certain bossfight. Keep progressing through the Village.

based

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1532x1324, 1.45M)

Any advice for the purple ninja in Hirata? No stealth kill, I want a fair fight

Where can I farm lapis? I have both the monk drop rate skills, I just need the enemy type. Is it the fish people?

Did I miss anything on the roof of the castle?

>stumble my way through the faggot dual blade enemies
>kill the first dive bomber
>manage to pick off the rest of them one by one without having the guy whistle and aggro everyone
>pick up an item
>attacking the last one
>yoooooooOOOOOOOOOO
>guy fucking shooting star presses me from outer space
>then he explodes killing all 3 of us
>resurrect
>accidentally jump off the side
>think im dead
>land in a moat
>find a bonfire

I cheesed her with the dodge attack stun-lock

Attached: 1512406680928.jpg (404x403, 27K)

He survived because I only brought him to the fight after I already took one life off the drunkard. Not sure if he shows up later on like the looter does, probably not (didn't get any immediate reward for keeping him alive)

Dodge the leaping kick, deflect everything else. Honestly he was quite easy for me and he becomes a regular enemy later in the game so better train your asshole now

Yes an entire area of the game lol

You need to go back towards where you find the prosthetic in the fire at Hirata Estate and follow a path towards the bamboo forest. Across a bridge with a big fatty and up a hill you'll get the key to that door. Had the same problem.

>giraffe-fag
>Well done Fromsoft, you really outdid yourself in the "flailing cocksucker" department. I don't see you topping this one any time soon.
>Lemon Key Face immediately after
I spoke too soon.

Attached: 1482763209644.gif (400x225, 1.94M)

Fuck got one shotted by some faggot there.

Sounds like you're still playing Sekiro like it's Dark Souls instead of learning how the game works.

At least they released drivers for Sekiro unlike Nvidia

Oh whoops

The feeling of gitting gud. It's a good feeling.

HOLY SHIT I JUST FOUND A NEW PROSTHETIC "SABIMARU" AND IT'S AMAZING

I beat her with mostly parrying.
She has extremely predictable(at least for me). The only thing I dodged were those butterflies in second phase.
Horsefag though I couldn't parry for my fucking life.

But parry windows are huge. Mashing would only lead to your own attacks getting deflected

I defeated her by parrying and in my eyes it was easier than trying to dodge most of her attacks (excluding some easy to spot like the overhead jump). Her 2x claw > axe kick was the easiest to parry.

However, I'm bad at recognizing exactly what type of attack I'll get hit by. I know I should just hold block until I notice the pattern (especially since unblockable attacks are lead with a graphic/audio clue) but the Dark Souls roll spam is ingrained in my head so I try to dodge like an idiot and eat shit for it.

However, I am fairly sure there are a few iframes on the dodge. Either that or the hitboxes are obscenely detailed (they are already amazing, I noticed not getting hit by attacks literally within a hair's breadth, particularly when I can use height difference to my advantage).

genchiro I spent the most time on for now, around 3h
in retrospect loved the fight, third phase sucks.

Where did u find it?

How do you fight the bull
I have the fireworks, I understand how I’m supposed to use those but what am I supposed to do the other 90 percent tbof the time? The bull catches me out of my dishes, if I try to jump over it I get hit half of the time, and I feel like I shouldn’t be attacking it because I get a fat hitbox in my face if I stay close to it for too long
And I do no posture damage to it whatsoever

What am I missing

>Meanwhile the people who just run in and mash like retards inevitably do better
"No."
watching videos doesn't qualify you to talk about how combat works

no deaths first try get good faggot n00b

stick on his side, do not lock on, run, use crackers only when you are sure it will hit his head

He has two different combo variations that'll end in finishers if you don't break off too far away. The one with the leap I think is when he ends it with a sweep and the sword reliant one is a charge kick. Learn which combo is what and jump counter the sweep or break his legs on the latter. Keep pressure up because he's weirdly aggressive and deadly if you get too far away and regens fast, don't let yourself get pressured against the building or cliff because his mobility will fuck your camera.

Dodge towards him.

Hold down the sprint button and never let go.

The way I did it was when it starts rampaging, just sprint after it, staying behind its head as it turns around and getting a sprinting attack in. They're free & safe and you can usually get in 2 swipes as it's turning.

Ninja well fight is aids

by this point you should know how to makiri counter and how to jump from sweeps
he is annoying, but upgraded makiri counter messes him up

Literally run towards his ass as fast as you can. Run circles around him until he hits a wall and then stab him a bit.
Your have infinite stamina.

I don't get it, I thought I could parry the attacks with the red symbol above them, but the shinobi hunter hits me anyways

My vitality is 13 and attack power 3 and I still can’t beat genichiro. Easy mode when? Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Attached: F985B290-87DA-4025-9F5D-1AEB2B06DED3.jpg (800x662, 85K)

you can't parry those, unlock counter skill for shinobi hunter

Dodge into it as it lands.

Someone told me that one of the umbrella upgrades is being able to keep it up permamently, did I get memed on? I have all four versions of it but it still costs spirits and attacking puts it away.

You can drop in from above on the purple cell ninja, its kinda finnicky though

by the end of 3rd horus I mastered first two phases to a point not taking any damage, but fuck third phase. got lucky on pattern and stepped on his head twice+counter for deathblow.

I left the 10th time the camera got stuck on a wall or the lock-on broke.
Went back later and just straight up bruteforced it. Fuck that fight.

Ohhhhhhh. Thanks.

Is there any idols near the owl boss fight? Running from the gates feels so bad

What tool am i missing here? Thought i had them all by now.

Attached: Unkown tool.jpg (1921x1015, 570K)

I did it without the fire crackers and beat him on my 6th try. All you have to do is get behind him and dodge his attack, also take your time with hitting him insted of rushing it

hm? when I tried you simply hide under iron umbrella indefinitely

>stuck for 2 hours on Lady Butterfly
>defeated Genichiro on my 2nd try
Am I the opposite man?

Whistle. Drops from the Ape the first time.

the dagger I think, sabimaru, forgot where I got it

The difficulty of this boss seems weird. He is way too hard when you first get there. But the quests you get afterwards seems to assume you haven't gone looking anywhere else yet.

Keeping it up doesnt mean use it several times. It just means it doesnt break after taking enough damage.

if you fight him right after butterfly he is easy, I got him to 3rd phase almost dead first try, and then spent eternity after fucking up
also sometimes he goes VERY aggressive, it's RNG after so many tries

Oh never mind then. Back to not using any of the prosthetics.

Can you loose skill points by dying, or does it only lower to nearest full level?

I almost beat Butterfly first try.

You can cheese her by just spamming B dodge to her side and R1 over and over again, it actually breaks the fight and makes it one of the easiest in the game

Attached: 1553107532396.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

only xp, SP are permanent

I just charged attacked her whenever she landed or did a move. Succed her HP good.

When should start taking care of headless? Beaten true monk recently. Do I get a limited supply of confetti?

Jesus the attention seeking behavior on this board is fucking insufferable. People literally posting questions about the game when Google would be 25x simpler and faster makes me cringe every time. Are you so desperate for human contact that you can’t just look at a fucking FAQ?
I’m also absolutely astonished by the amount of people who legitimately can’t figure out how to clear the content in this fucking game. I used to think the whole “Yea Forums is shit at games” line was a meme but no joke, 90% of you in this thread are fucking braindead. I’m convinced the other 10% are memeing the complexity of this to either shill or shitpost. Fuck this board, I’m officially too old for this shit.

Wtf. I thought the mortal blade was supposed to let you kill undead things. Why are the monks in the temple still immortal?

>Do I get a limited supply of confetti?
it drops from samurais in castle

Nice pasta.

I hate this mechanic. Farming those just so i can go die a lot to optional mini-bosses is terrible.

Welcome to sekino user, enjoy your stay

Whenever. I left them til the end. They are pretty easy at this point.
Also im not sure if it was always the case or its because of an item you get but i can buy an unlimited amount of them for 300.

Reading things on wiki is no fun, especially during the first few days when half of everything is a hearsay.

>mfw after dying to genichiro for 1 millionth time

Attached: 07EB5E76-7C50-47CA-A7F4-1B37FF4B7583.jpg (4032x3024, 1.6M)

JUST GOT THE GAME!
Not tot happy that people have beaten the game 2 days after a release.
Hell even Dark souls,bloodborn took at least a week for peole to beat.

How long is this game?
It seems like froms shortest game, ontop of it being DS2 janky hit boxes and warping grabs

If you mean the corruption/centipede ones, do the second execution on their corpse

Nigger people beat those games within 2 days just like Sekiro.

It's not short by any means.

I can't wait for DSP to do Demon and the last boss

Attached: WUT.jpg (744x414, 36K)

I see, will it be obvious when I'm at the last boss? Any content lockouts I need to be aware of?

I'd be surprised if he reaches the end of the game

>Dark souls,bloodborn took at least a week for peole to beat.

That's just not true, some people perhaps but not the "fastest" time. The no. of hours people play a day also vary.

I think people just hate on this because they love the collecting new weapons and upgrading them mechanic. That are grinding for titanite to upgrade making the game easier. In Sekiro you can't just get overleveled and farm mats for better equipment as easily.

Not for the headless dudes and a few of the spooky skeleton bros actually unlock later in the game anyhow.
Pretty obvious i think.

>second execution
Guessing this is something i need to unlock first? Not seeing an option for it.

Yeah, because listening to braindead neets and 12 year old children go on about “I COULDN’T BEAT DUH FAT GUY BUT DEN I FIGURED IT OUT HAHA” over, and over, and over again ad infinitum in thread after thread after thread is better than looking at a wiki for 2 minutes and going on with the game.
I stand by my statement, 90% of the people playing the game here and posting are braindead and the other 10% are here just to shitpost and shill its complexity.

This bitch is making me realize why I'm over these games.

having to die each time to learn a bit more of the pattern is just padding

Really? I assumed he would have some horse-kick Attack
Thanks

Are there any good non-human bosses in this game?

Lady Butterfly and Genichiro were great, but the bull and the guy on horseback were rubbish (and also significantly easier).

>outright lying
Pillar guy saying you can't make him mad.jpg

If only there was a wiki.

There's a couple of good non guy-with-weapon fights.

dsp?

Rape ape is pretty cool.

damn these blue robe niggas in the attic dont play around

Any tips for owl? After I finish his second circle he dies right? Pls tell me there are no more phases

I wanna shit down this well where this purple faggot is

How do people struggle with Seven Spear nigger? Literally just Mikiro him.

Owl doesn't have any meme extra phases.

So are dragon blood droplets finite or what? I keep seeing people saying there are a bunch

Genichiro was the most fun I've had in a boss fight in a long time.

First boss in the game I felt I beat legitimately. I didn't learn Butterfly or any of the minibosses because they were squishy enough I could just wail on them, get a few counters/parries in, and win, whereas Genichiro pushed my shit in half a dozen times before I'd learnt his move set, and beat him without taking a hit.

Was a bit disappointed phase 3 had so little health/posture though, it was over very fast and that's a shame because it was cool as fuck.

All the vendors you find in the game sell at least one, plus a few you find in the world. I'm pretty sure in the lategame one of the vendors sells as many as you want.

How many deaths until he discovers the fire shield?

Yes, but there seems to be plenty. I'm 13 hours in and I've had dragonrot happen three times, and cleared it twice, and still have a spare droplet in my inventory and know of 3 sat with vendors if and when I need them.

Just don't clear it until you actually need to progress that NPC's quest.

Is there some sort of trick to Demon of Hatred? So far this is my least favorite fight in the game by a fucking landslide.

The key isnt to remove the armor, It's to use it against him

If you have the mortal blade and kill one of those ones that puke up bugs or the centipede infested there should be the first execution on HP/Posture drain and then a second one a few seconds later while they're hunched over

>fight a ninja fairly
>as a ninja
>who are meant to fight unfairly

Reminder that you can R1+L1 mash out of any multihit grab attack

Attached: No+i+understand+that+you+re+autistic+just+fine+_8ff4c27b3cf3c50fdc2e6e58ac4b47c5.gif (200x200, 127K)

I had issues as well, first two phases were easy but the lightning just kept insta killing me. I ignored the block mechanic for that fight entirely and won. Every time I blocked it in the air I never had time to shoot it back at him, that tip is a trap just kill him like reg.

>Beat Genny in three tries
>Beat pretty much everything so far in one or two goes except for a few I did on my first run through
>Finally get around to doing the fatass and butterfly lady
>Beat fatty on my second go round because on the first I panicked trying to save that samurai guy from all the enemies
>Sitting outside of what I assume is the butterfly room and I feel too psyched out to enter it
You people built her up too much. Now I am leery about dealing with her now.

Where the fuck did Genichiro find the black mortal blade? He just sort of has it at the end

Come back when you've got the murata counter, Parry his legs and stomp on his kick.
Remember to swing every now and then so he doesnt regain posture.

What was with the spear? I never got it to work and only by accident did I push him off the bridge.

It isn't a trap by the way. Just jump and then press R1. You will stun him and do a huge amount of his posture.

Always go under him, none of his hand atacks hit there, always strafe to your right, he likes to end his combo with the opposite leg, use the fire shield to tank the dive and the fire wave/balls. His unblockable atacks can all be dodged with the jump

So you're never supposed to block the lightning before? You can just slash it? Then the tip just straight up lies then

>kill the big snake and get his heart
>go back to the cave in blighttown and he's still alive in there
good job from

Owl is just so hard has like 20 abilites i can't predict what he is doing first try got lucky cleared first circle and half of the second now 5 tries can't clear the first one :(

Tip tells you that when youre in the air and get hit by lightening you can press r1 to counter it. You basically channel the lightening through your sword to hit him.
Tip says to use r1 nor l1

Just downloaded this, anything I should keep in mind before starting?
My only From game experience was playing Dark Souls 1 up to the Capra Demon, killing it, then stopping about 10 minutes into Undead Burg.

>Implying there's only one
Did you see a damaged eye on the other one?

Attached: 1542792497279.jpg (209x200, 8K)

I kind of assumed it was two snakes, one around Ashina Castle and one hanging out past the giant Buddha Statues.

Don't play it like dark souls, Learn to active block and perfect parry.
git gud

The tip says press R1 after getting hit by lightning in the air. Its really simple and easy to do and makes that fight incredibly easy.

So is there ever any point in using anything but Whirlwind Slash? Seems to be better than everything else.

You could like, open your eyes and ears and breath everything first try.

what the fuck

It's one of these well known from fights where they designed an encounter without adjusting the camera. Don't lock on. Stay behind him and wack him. He's just a recycled Vordt.

stopped having trouble when I just started playing it like bloodborne, dodging attacks and counter attacking is much easier than fucking with the input delay to deflect every attack

I know ur memeing but I did beat the horse dude and boar in my first try. Reminder your sword blocks every single hit so you can just block everything. And run away if ur posture meter gets high.

is this the worst camera in a fromsoft game yet?

He spotted me while I was trying to sneak around him and then just fell off a cliff. And people say this isn't just dark souls :^)

what input delay you fucker?
you got hallucinatios?

Is there a infinite numbers of dragonrot cure? Most of my npc are infected so dunno if i should cure or save it up

Attached: 321321.png (851x452, 715K)

For bull and butterfly, yes.

How do you get to the right side of the dragon temple? I've already beaten the game but I cant figure out how to get over there.

Alos you can skip 2 ape fight in the cave if you do that area before Kuro tells you to get the stone

Why does the bull sperg out at 40% hp? Did this happen to anyone else?

He spergs out every now and then.

So did he actually beat Lady Butterfly? Was actually time travel and created some weird causal loop?

He did, everything essentially went like it did in the past.

I just got this Sakuya droplet after killing butterfly, is it a one time thing with the ressurection, or will it stack forever?

how do I get more cures for the dragon rot thing? also do I need 2 items or is it just 1?

It's a key item you give to Lord Kuro later in the game to get a permanent res upgrade.

How the fuck are you casuals having such trouble with that guy? Just focus on dodging, only deflect his standard attacks. Hit him once or twice, jump on him when he sweeps, Mikri him when he thrusts, which he does ALL THE TIME, so you can build up his posture damage insanely fast.

Yea Forums is as terrible at video games as the journalists it claims to hate.

Anyone know where to find the 'timid maid'?

Just the blood. Vendors will sell them, the dudes in the tents.

whats the best place to farm spirit emblems late game?

There are enough. Just use one. Just dont die 1000 more times and you are good.

is this bait

I can’t get mikiri to proc consistently. Are you supposed to move left joystick and b when he thrusts at you or just press b? I’ve done it a couple times by fluke but can’t recreate it. Does mikiri only work for spears or sword thrusts as well?

I think the both of them are just retarded.

ty

Hit twice, dodge to her right, repeat. She can't keep up with her patterns and can't start a combo, she becomes trivial when you figure that out.

You fuckin' casual.

dodge into them

wait a minute...

Attached: 20190324183046_1.jpg (1920x1080, 218K)

You're that ninja...

hold block and just before the thrust connects press dodge. its pretty easy actually.

Is it possible to go to Senpou Temple and clear it as soon as you get to Ashina Castle or is it blocked until after you beat thunder guy?

Last nvidia game ready driver was released March 5.

You can train mikiri with the undead dude. Just press dodge when enemy close to landing a hit.

Attached: [Nagi Ichi] Eigou no Toki 1.png (1721x2500, 1.7M)

nice blogpost, subscribed

What? Now I have to go back down there god dammit

I feel like I'm doing the areas out of order. Should I continue up the steps at Ashina temple or go into the underground mine and do the monk place? Hmm..

Why do I always see everyone wearing the same armor and weapon? Is there no loot in this game? none at all?

>having to die each time to learn a bit more of the pattern is just padding
You were born post 9/11 weren't you.

So just press dodge? No joystick input?
And you press dodge when the spear is moving towards you, not when the red symbol appears?

Except the ones with the glowing letters

That's a cute girl(boy)

Attached: smuganimegirl(boy).png (1229x914, 697K)

So with dragonrot, it only decays if I actually use my resurrection right? If I just die and dont resurrect then I should never get dragonrot correct?

Attached: 1464919335213.gif (209x172, 87K)

it's not that simple

Time to jerk off to ninja shotas

Actual death results in dragonrot.

Strike that, reverse it

pls respond

Other way around.

what do you do with the dried and fresh fruit?

I though it was the case too, but when I was banging my head on the drunkard someone got infected even without actively resurrecting

>So just press dodge? No joystick input?
>And you press dodge when the spear is moving towards you, not when the red symbol appears?
there should be zero directional input. hold block and just tap dodge as the tip of the spear is headed towards you. even if you fuck up at least youre still blocking, but its hard to fuck up once youve done it a few times

Dragonrot doesn’t actually kill anyone iirc so theoretically you could have it at max number infected and wouldn’t affect storyline. Just need to heal them when you want to do their side quests or else they’ll just cough and refuse to talk to you

Who the fuck thought Demon of Hatred was a good boss. Why did they put a Dark Souls boss into a game where you have no roll or iframes.

You can parry his footstomps and that's literally it, which one of those dumb nips approved this.

I don't care if you love the game or hate the game but you cannot deny that the game would be 10x better if they simply restocked all of your spirit emblems upon resting

you find spirit emblems literally everywhere how did you manage to need some

So do NPCs die from dragonrot?

Attached: cat Ron Perlman.jpg (451x604, 65K)

I thought Lady Butterfly was hard because I was following the guides I found online for advice. Tried to be all tactical like they said.

Turns out all you need to do is whirlwind attack over and over and she goes down like a baby.
Had to shuriken every now and again when she leaps up, but aside from that, the whirlwind attack on the ground ensures that the ghost things die too and always keeps her on the defensive.

I got her posture broken at like 60% health on each bar.

You can’t block thrusts though, that’s why the red symbol is there no? The game tells you those attacks are unblockable and you have to dodge them, which is why mikiri is introduced as a skill to hurt enemy posture for unblockable attacks

Who here using next level strats for this stupid fight?

Attached: 814380_20190324172943_1.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

oh.

Attached: oof.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

Because I suck at boss fights

WHAT THE HELL
Tell me now user.

>FUCK SOULS PVP IT WAS FOR SCRUBS I'M GLAD IT'S GONE
>these are probably the same people complaining its too hard
>meanwhile I haven't had much trouble with any boss 9 hours in except the ogre
Zoomers don't know how to adapt to situations

I'm incapable of beating Genshiro, I managed to take a circle of his life once in over 30 hours and probably 300+ tries. I can't progress in any other zones too. I've never been stuck at any soulsborne boss before. It feels like I'm missing a gameplay mechanic.
I guess my brain is too low-quality for this. I just can't make decisions that fast and have reflexes that fast. Literally feel like I'm disabled.
It made me rage so bad last night my Crohn came back this morning.

What exactly of his moves are you dying to?

Good lord, man. Parry.

am I a brainlet? Am I missing a hidden path or grapple point? is it by the river? I'm pretty sure this is what it's talking about I've explored the entire area.

Attached: pagoda.jpg (1920x1080, 521K)

I never found this bitch. I'm choosing between hot monkey dick and honurabu genichiro for bosses at the moment, and neither of them are fun

There's also some boss in the sunken valley who flattened my ass in 10 seconds with a gun spear

Did you not get the bell?

So for someone that's never played Soulsborne games, is Sekiro worth playing or will I just get my shit pushed in too much to not enjoy it?

>Guardian Ape beats me 20 times at least
>take 2 hour break
>come back and kill that bitch 3rd try

Everytime, what is this magic.

Attached: 20190324144143_1.jpg (2560x1440, 206K)

none in particular, even if I parry everything I can't do any damage to him or damage his posture so over a >5 minutes fight I eventually make mistakes and die.
I do but it's barely damaging his posture since I can't take any health away.

Is this some NG+ only stuff?

jump in the river, i forgot you can swim too

You go up the river by swimming, grapple to some land there and slash a bamboo wall

>eavesdrop on Kuro + Emma in the castle
>talk to Emma, she tells you where she's going
>talk to Emma where she told you she'd go
>talk to Emma and Sculptor
>eavesdrop on Emma and Sculptor
>talk to Emma again
>pray at the buddha
rest after each talk to advance the world

>end boss and that demon dude
god literally the most unfun boss From has ever done. I think I'm done after this playthrough this game is not fun as Dark Souls.

Attached: 1521417099812.jpg (640x628, 40K)

There is a hidden cave entrance. Jump into the river, swim under the bridge to the grapple point, walk to the item and look right towards the wall, some bamboos are covering a cave entrance

I'd pirate it and try it on PC. If you like action games you might be able to get into its groove but otherwise people are having a ton of trouble in just the first few areas so you might not want to spend money on a bad experience

no, one of the endings

At what part of the game is this?

Hard to tell. I found Soulsborne games easy as fuck and I find Sekiro way too hard. It's just not fun at this point.

I beat him by slowing down and getting patient.
Just stood there watching him until he did an attack or combo, and even a half decent parry at that stage knocks him enough that I could get one or two hits in.

Didn't get greedy. Took him down one or two hits at a time. If he really left a big opening after his ground pound, then I would do an axe/sword two-hit smash.

Once he gets to lightning stage you just keep your cool, reflect the lightning back, do as you have been doing, and win. He has very openly telegraphed and displayed attacks compared to other enemies in the game. Stand and watch him.

WHAT!?
I only know about the Shura and dragon tear/dragon+frozen tear one.

Oh that was obvious as fuck. I'm sure I've even been down that way before because there was an item.

Now a nigga in MC hammer pants just destroyed my little asian asshole.

I’m just starting this game and I really hate how fucking pathetic and weak my guy is. I’m a little bitch, why can’t I play as the big horse guy or the giant snake or something actually cool.

git gud

Attached: 1525099425152.webm (930x540, 2.01M)

it's one of the final bosses I believe

What are you talking about? Sexual thoughts about pure, innocent Kuro are horrible.

I would never suggest removing Kuro's clothes and licking his tiny body all over, nibbling his neck and kissing his adorable little nipples. Only a heartless monster would think about his cute boyish mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with his saliva, pumping in and out of his mouth until it erupts, the cum more than his little throat can swallow. The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down his chin over his flat chest, his tiny hands scooping it all up and watching him suck it off his fingertips is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading his smooth slender thighs, cock poised at the entrance to his pure, tight, virginal butthole, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes his lips which are slippery with cum, while his small body shudders from having his cherry taken in one quick stroke.

I am disgusted at how you'd get even more excited as you lean over his, listening to his quickening breath, his boyish moans and gasps while you hasten your strokes, his sweet pants warm and moist on your face and his flat chest, shiny with a sheen of fresh sweat, rising and falling rapidly to meet yours.

It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over his tiny body while you violate him, feeling his nipples hardening against your tongue as you lick his chest, his neck and his armpits, savoring the scent of his skin and sweat while he trembles from the stimulation and as he reaches his climax, hearing him cry out softly as he has his first orgasm while that cock is buried impossibly deep inside him, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through his freshly-deflowered boypussy for the first time.

You're all freaks. Kuro's too pure for anyone to imagine him in such a terrible situation, and anyone who does is evil, evil, evil.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 970K)

Clearly not

I also saw a webm of stabbing the snake in the eye from the palenquin, but when I tried he just fucking smashed me

Good luck with the Mystery Nigger. It's possible to cheese him if you want, just sayan

Get fucked smartfag AHAHAHAH

Fuck off, Thunder Boy

HOW DO I DO GUARDIAN APE FIGHT
HE BODIES ME INSTANTLY AND I CANT GET HITS IN.

he's even a manlet compared to the other "normal" NPCs

Get hits in and dont get bodied instantly.

Not really true against Lady B, really most bosses aside from the dark souls style bosses actually do reward you putting constant pressure on mixed in with appropriate blocks and dodge/sprints mostly to get in rather than to get out or avoid attacks.

Butterfly took me 4 or 5 tries once I realized you just evade when illusions are out and when they're not you just go in hard on her with heavy attacks.

So where you get you snap seeds?

I just feel like everything in this entire world can smack me the fuck around. I wanna be a giant motherfucker that everyone else is afraid of for once

Well guess I'm fucking missing that because I'm at the literal end game.
I'm glad that I spent the past two days meticilously going over everything in this game so that I don't miss anything only for this to happen.

Play on PC and use a Trainer then.

>Two hours into the Ashina tower bossfight with the bow and sword faggot
>This is the true casual filter, if I power through these blocks I'll get him
>Second red dot appears
>Stab the fucker
>YES
>Cutscene
>He starts stripping
>Thunder is rumbling
>Remember the tip about thunder I read in the dojo
>mfw

AND THEN I BEAT HIM ONE AND AN HALF FOUR LATER
FUCK YOU FLASH

Attached: is this worth it.jpg (546x432, 42K)

The secret boss fight against Kuro is hard as shit
How am I supposed to avoid the grab attack where he sucks your dick and sits on your face? How’s a little boy holding me down anyways?

Well you're going to be smacked the fuck around so that's appropriate.

Actually just a secret superboss that unlocks one of the endings.

S'cool man I got him.

Attack twice, parry, attack twice, parry, dodge the kick. Wasn't too hard when I got the rhythm.

Attached: mystery nigga no more.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

At what point of the game do you eavesdrop the first time, I mean.

There is a plank in the snake cave that gives you 5 snap seeds, its the only location i found so far

>59 minutes ago

Did you win son? Butterface ma'am isn't as hard as Genichiro, her moveset is a lot less varied and she only has 2 lifebars.

>this longsword guy in the small room underground

Attached: 1446438146283.gif (250x250, 1.85M)

;_;

Attached: 20190325040037_1.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

HOW
HOW DID YOU EVEN GET PAST HIS FIRST PHASE
FUCK

>npc that you help out join your camp

Huh, neat

Ichimonji double is the shitter killer.

What? Only the information broker does that.

Snake cave? What?

you can get a lot of hits in once you know his shorter moves, his hardest part is that fucking charge attack he does he also gets a massive aoe spinning fire attack on his 3rd stage so watch out for that

Attached: 20190325040346_1.jpg (1920x1080, 435K)

I see, I figured out that the other NPC do that aswell, not only him

So you are not that far? Well you will see what I Mean with snake cave once you are deeper into the game

when they're both in one room

Yes I know about the CHARGE ATTACK
SO HOW DO I AVOID IT
I DID IT ONLY ONCE AND NOW HE ALWAYS HITS ME AND TAKES 5/6THS OF MY HEALTH BAR

This is the worst boss in the game.

As soon as I reach them Kuro fucks off to the library and won't talk with her again.

Uhh dude you just jump over it.

There is a tricky spot on the roofs where you can get behind them all and land a backstab to get half the fight done
Then run all the way down the stairs to kite him past the point where gunners can hit over the horizon of the staircase and he will backpetal to the top
Then you can kill the gunners with shuriken very easily and then dispatch him, I've noticed that enemies with swords are the absolute easiest
Fuck spears though, fucking mikiri counter will only work half the time on the thrusts

I really think that people that are having a lot of problems with Genchiro may as well just drop the game. I killed him in a decent amount of tries but I really don't think I'm going to be able to kill Isshin ever. I've spent over 3 hours and I've only gotten him past his first health bar once. For some reason I just have so much more trouble parrying his attacks.

this
lol
entire fight is just running around and baiting out attacks so you can jump in and attack

So if i give the big monk the white pinwheel, i can no longer use him for merchant quest?

the difficulty curve for some of the minibosses is pretty retarded

that samurai miniboss in ashina castle was a joke, but the general on the stairs, the spear guy, and the purple ninja were a pain in the ass

snake eyes lady in sunken valley was really annoying with her grab that you have to jump away from (why does the game tell you in the tutorial that you need to dodge to escape grabs when that often doesn't apply?), but that weird wolverine fucker is a piece of cake if you deflect his one attack and use firecracker.

it's just odd. thought there was a pretty steady difficulty curve in dark souls and bloodborne, and those games tried to accomadate several playstyles and builds. sekiro has one build and one playstyle yet the difficulty of the minibosses feels all over the place.

Attached: 9Uqc2nh.png (1080x801, 825K)

>mfw they pull the friede bullshit with the ape

Attached: 1458495080958.jpg (528x792, 66K)

I don't know about you, I won it by being super aggressive as he's safest when you're close to him.

Which ending does this unlock?

Yeah I'm stuck at Genchiro and I think I'll drop the game. I feel like I understand everything I need to do to beat him but I'm not intelligent enough to apply it.

Well this guy looks like he means business

Attached: ice cool nigga.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

Boss fights in this game are really shitty
I hate having to clear out an entire area just to fight a strong enemy like the General after the chained ogre for example, but it’s impossible to fight everyone and the general head on so you have to pick off everyone or else you can’t win
I hate the Dragonrot mechanic. Sure it makes me not want to die, but the system Bloodborne and Dark Souls uses did that way better. Dragonrot makes me not want to take risks period. I don’t want to explore, I don’t want to put myself in danger of dying at all because I could lose out on content.
This game is flawed

How mad do you think I am right now, Yea Forums?

Attached: bs.webm (800x450, 2.84M)

>charge attack
you jump
>jumping bomber attack
run out and grapple
>stomp left?
watch out for stomp right and go in
>storm right?
just go in
>headbutt
strafe to the sides and attack
>2x swing attack and forward slash
>run to the side and move in after forward slash lands
p2
>>fire balls on legs
you run to the sides while moving in towards him
>flame wave
you need to gain distance and run/jump to sides
p3
>starts attacking in a circle for flame aoe
just run out
>he's inside circle
keep running watch out for charge attack

I literally just baited out attacks and did hit and runs
took zero damage in p2 and p3

I honestly thought I beat Genichiro by pure luck. I made it through first and second phase fine, but lightning was where I kept fucking up. On the kill he somehow never did his thrust into sweep combo, and I somehow got a lightning reversal. Really anti-climactic.

I really suck at this game

Attached: ubJY2I4.png (579x434, 282K)

What the fuck are you supposed to do once the headless goes invisible, i cant counter/dodge this fucking thing if I cant see its weapon

How do you spirit away the giant monk?
the fan tool does nothing

>mfw successfully deflect his draw

Attached: 1493350470163.jpg (960x960, 87K)

None of the fights with trash that need clearing are boss fights.

Dragonrot does nothing and is easy to remove.

Staying on the circle at p3 gives you literally free damage as he's in animation after doing it.
I also abused the shield to get free damage at any stomp.

Shouldnt have drank that terror pot boi

>Stealth game makes me do stealth, why can't I just CUHRAYZEEE

Attached: 1553365801455.png (484x588, 33K)

Quite literally the easiest miniboss in the game

just run away

Why can't I help Kuro? Its telling me I'm not allowed?

Come on nigger, it's his easiest attack

>the fan tool does nothing
Are you hitting r2 twice? Did you talk with him again so he gets in the "ready" position before you did the r2?

He always tries to grapple you from behind after fading, bunnyhop forwards

The "stealth" in this game is garbage tho

Just sent the Shamisen obsessed Samurai back to the dungeon to see that medic, was this a mistake? I’m guessing it’s Iosefka all over again.

For how long? He's been invisible for like 2 minutes now Ive already taken down one of his orbs and he's still invis even through the deathblow animation

ok

You get a better reward by reuniting him with his waifu.

dont bruteforce the same strategy.
i figured out that you can very easily avoid the grab of butterfly by getting behind her when she goes on the strings. its ez dmg as well bcs you end up behind her with sligh circling.

to try these kind of things is what should be your first priority vs a new boss since you most likely wont beat hinm on the first try. (especially if you made the game harder with the bell like me and didnt realise it before it was way to late into the game lul)

Jump once, that's it

He does 2 attacks only, just side step and jump. thats all there is

Is this the one where Sekiro kills himself and lets Kuro live?

I guess its the only ending where Kuro survives huh

I'm getting terrible screen tearing.

How do I fix this shit?

These fuckers scare me. Should I even try to kill him or come back before finishing the game?

Attached: 814380_20190324182207_1.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

Anyone? Did I fuck up somewhere by not being allowed to help Kuro??

But the way you described it the game generally got harder as it went on. Is that not a good difficulty curve?

how do you stay in the circle when he does the 3x 360 degree attacks?
just jump over?

That's interesting because the game forces vsync on

Buy 144Hz monitor

Yeah.
And it's just 2x.

okay he's been invisible for like 5 minutes now. I'm going to assume this is a glitch and leave. Fuck I wasted snap seeds and confetti thinking they would make him turn back.

Attached: 1529730026305.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

I do have a 144Hz, user.

For some reason it's fine until I get in the grass, then it's real bad.

unrelated by why is Yea Forums X fucking up with google chrome? How do I fix it?

There's a sprint button?

That was a fun ass fight.

>tfw mist raven to dodge the iaido and drop attack the fool.

So what the fuck is the progression in this game
I never know where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do

Kuro's in Ashina Castle, OK, but the Nightjar faggots and samurai inside make it feel like I'm not supposed to be there yet

Watched a video that said Lady Butterfly is either the first or second boss you fight, and that's true for me, but how the fuck would I know to go there?

I'm just wandering around this giant maze of a world at this point
Beat Armored Warrior but that's significantly later in the game than I should be(?)
Found the Sunken Valley but I saw someone streaming that area and they had made much more progress than I have?

Why is it like this

>tfw when getting giving the BBC by the big brown bull
maybe I suck at games afterall :(

just disable this chrome://flags/#network-service

The game's layed out so that when you reach a point that you think is too difficult, such as going to Hirate Estate early on, you can pick another location and progress there.

Is this the first time your playing a non-linear game user? Just enjoy going where-ever the fuck . There is not exactly a correct order to go to.

>reach boss
>Wolf calls her "Moth"
>subs write "Lady Butterfly"

fucking yikes
another western cuck localization

>where is my glowing quest marker and batman vision fart gas trail to follow I cant handle exploration give me a straight line :((((((
Give suicide a long hard consideration

WHERE DO I FIND MORE FISH SCALES?
That one fish on the path of purple guy in hirate is too deep and i can't reach it

Dude you can do whatever you want.

the fact that this is possible means its good game design.
discard the pleb clusters of retardet and hand holdy game designs of the past. i also beat lady butterfly as my 7th or 8th boss

So why did Owl stab Wolf in the Butterfly's room? He thought that Wolf wouldn't work with him to take the Dragon's Blood from Kuro?

I just don't like feeling lost the whole game
I don't mind non-linear design but the complete absence of direction makes it feel like nothing I'm doing is actually moving me forward

That's not what I'm saying

Just keep playing the game until you unlock the ability to dive after killing the corrupted monk. Then you can get all the underwater fish.

Your fights shouldn't be lasting so long. That's why you're suffering.

First health bar:
>vulnerable after the roll slash
>vulnerable when he charges the bow if you dodge it
>after the jump-special chain, sidestep or Mikiro then hit him hard
>sneak in attacks here and there at the end/beginning of his attack animations
Second health bar:
>do the same shit except this time he'll jump-sweep, so backstep or jump and then hit him hard, you have a large time window here
Tomoe form: He's vulnerable after his lunge, be patient with the lightning reversal. You'll need to lightning reversal twice and hit him while he's fucked up and he'll be low enough to break his posture. This stage is easy as long as you don't make mistakes.
You need to be extremely confident in the first stage or you will rage when he rapes you instantly in his second form. It's more important that you keep both lives when you get to the last stage because he practically instakills you if you get hit. When his health is around half you can bait out his huge combo to get massive posture damage.

>dark souls comes out
>haha casuals can't beat this challenging game that is difficult like NES games I played as a kid get fucked journalists lmao

>sekiro comes out
>haha souls casuals can't beat this challenging game that is difficult and not casual like roll spam souls get fucked souls fags lmao

you are just as pathetic as PC masterrace retards shit flinging their hardware specs
both of you need to get fucking laid

Attached: gg.png (1280x966, 286K)

Should I just skip DoH and go for the final boss if I'm not having fun.

The whole 'souls' genre is shit. It's just something retards jerk off to in order to raise there e-dick.

It's the fucking equivalent of taking ours to crack a cleverly designed safe just to grab a turd, hate it, and brag about it.

Attached: 148310132750.jpg (424x338, 22K)

You will get handheld if you just beat Ashina castle first, the game opens up a fuckton after the bull fight.

thats bcs you have fkd your brain up with shit games. give it time and dont play shit games in the future.

I fucking hate dragonrot. It just makes me want to restart the game whenever someone gets it.

How do I prevent terror build up? Fighting those headless is hard enough

Lol I refunded this game after an hour. Seemed repetitive and boring. The souls formula feels a bit old? Or was this game just not good?

>Beat Genichiro
>Think "this seems like a good time to cure Dragonrot"
>Things go pretty well for a while, I've got the swing of things, not dying much if at all
>Suddenly Guardian Ape
I'm sorry everyone. The prognosis is not good.

this game would have been 10x better if they went all the way in terms of it being an action game. They should have just gotten rid of all items except for healing potions. This would allow you to switch between 4 different prosthetic using the D-pad.

Any tips for Headless? I have confetti but the grab is killing me instantly, and I can barely move because of the smoke shit. I also die to terror chip damage. For the overhead strike, are you supposed to sidestep?

>made the game harder with the bell like me

Please tell me how to avoid this, I haven't gotten that far yet.

>immortal loli gets pregnant with a cherry blossom tree dragon shota in the best ending
nice

youtube.com/watch?v=v88GhnrkhdI

Do a flip faggot.

Well she's not pregnant, just housing his soul.

Dragon Tear drops are everywhere you doofus

I'll try again later but I don't think I'll ever beat him

>beat the fire bull boss
>guys come out of nowhere, I have nowhere to run to so I teleport away
>heal and come back
>the door is closed
So I guess I beat the game

Attached: nswgo.gif (266x268, 1.07M)

exactly blocking does nothing on thrust so keeping the block does nothing.
And Im pretty sure Ive managed to do mikiri while moving and pressing b as Im about to get hit, meaning you just have to dodge at the right time, no need to stand still. I do find easier to do right rigth standing still tho.

>using fireworks
>when flame cannon accomplishes the same thing except also does damage

shit how do you even progress in the game now?

Am I supposed to be able to beat Seven Spears and his fuckbuddy when going for Kuro?
Or do I just run past?

The funny thing is there's another checkpoint literally just past those guys.

>tfw been stuck on Isshin for hours
>could no hit Genichiro no problem for a while
>now I can't even get past Genichiro half the fucking time
Why did they make this game so fucking hard? Was it just to dispell the "le Dark Souls is the hardest game ever" meme?

You got locked out? Try just resetting the game

What's up with this fucking game and throwing enemies tougher than bosses? Can't even run away from, he catches up immidiately when trying to rest

Attached: 814380_20190324184544_1.png (1920x1080, 1.66M)

I know, I ran past it and teleported away. I was panicking because I already revived and had low HP.

Which sword does Sekiro end up holding in the Shura ending? The one with the flower guard and white handwrap? It doesn't seem to be Emma's, Isshin's or Owl's.

the game will warn you, dont worry.

I rang the bell but I think it gives you an item to remove it

>last boss is literally stolen from Nioh but instead being a good fight it just lb rb spam fest

amazing this game sucks.

Attached: 1525294242095.jpg (570x487, 45K)

how do I get inside

Attached: 111.jpg (1920x1049, 329K)

How was it faster to run past it and use the Buddha statue than it would have been to sit at the statue and rest?

Lady butterfly was the first boss I found in the game and I died to her more times than I have for any fromsoft boss including shit like gael, midir, kos. Killed genichiro with only a few tries and not much trouble, I wonder how hard butterfly is if you killed horse guy first and have the extra attack point. To kill lady butterfly with 1 attack I had to nail every parry pretty much perfectly to be able to break her posture. I was also being too retarded to think to use my trick arm against her

Follow the wall to your left away from the building, after a little bit you'll find a tree to grapple onto. Once you're up turn around and there's a wall you can leap onto. If you run into monkeys you're on the correct path.

Use the Spinning Slash move where he hits in a circle and she becomes ez mode. Kills the spirits too.

Not that that helps you now, but congrats on passing her eventually instead of giving up.

Run away from him, wait for his teleport, jump, turn around, hit him 4-5 times for free, repeat, it's the safest way. Should take 3-4 confettis to beat him.

Ok thanks will try

How do I get the fire buff?

deflect swing firecracker swing swing swing deflect swing firecracker swing swing dousing powder deflect swing firecracker swing swing swing deflect swing swing

Genichirou was a lot easier than I thought he was going to be. I was worried after hearing people talk about it being 3 stages but it only took a couple of tries. He's so slow.

Are you retarded?
Honest question, the dragon is nowhere the last boss.

What is the boss order?

Bull and butterfly are too hard for me right now.
Where should I go?

Just got to the shrine in the beginning.

What do the gook moon runes that pop up when I was fighting the dude that chopped my arm mean?

Any tips for Owl? I'm getting raped.

Attached: 1553259109545.png (428x424, 124K)

Those are your only choices.
Butterfly is easier than Bull imo

>struggle against butterfly
>only a few tries on Genichiro
how?

Thats about where your options end right now friend.

I just got up to the rooftops with all the ninjas.
What the fuck am I supposed to do lmao. I honestly just ran past everything and jumped down

I'm on try like 50 against butterfly

parrying's not fun

Attached: fromcucks.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

I killed Genichiro my first try with half my gourd because I didn't know going up there would start the fight, but Lady took me like 3 hours.

The game opens up more once you clear bull but right now, those are your only options

For Butterfly, use the shuriken whenever she jumps into the air, and otherwise mostly just spam that L1+R1 special that makes your guy spin. Parry every now and again and jump on her for the danger attack, but thats about it. The spin really wrecks her.

For bull, I pulled him into the corner where he spawns. He charged back and forth in that limited area and it was much easier to get behind him and attack. He also got weird and panicked and died at 50% HP when he was in that area.

After Bull, two basic enemies come through the gate. Dont let them bully you, run straight past them and activate the Statue thats there.

probably the couple hours I spent trying to beat butterfly was good practice and then for genichiro it was just a matter of learning his patterns

Im a thirty year old boomer and killed butterfly on my third try. If I can do it, then so can you.
Literally just mash attack and when she did her perfect parry its your time to parry.
Repeat until she is dead

Attached: 1549825329191.png (768x768, 419K)

how the hell do you get up there

Attached: 1523507585670.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

how beat bull if weak and bad at game?

but Butterfly is so easy, pretty sure I only got hit once or twice. Genichiro is literally impossible, I can't even take his first bar and he has TWO phases

What are the best skills to get, Yea Forums? The absolute must haves?

Attached: 1430099079601.jpg (1280x982, 182K)

Beat Snake Eyes and look to the left in the tunnel after him.

just build lol

Tbh I went for this tactic at first with bull, but for me it didn’t work since he fuckin hit me nonetheless 50% of the times when jumping.

Hugging his ass by running after him did it first try with that tactic.

imagine unironically dying in this game, which is even described as easy by video game journalists

Attached: 1519593655933.gif (500x470, 1015K)

healing after death blows. It's the best investment I've ever made.

What's a good area to grind yen in? I want to get some extra stuff from the merchants but am low, currently beat Genichiro, at the village right before the Monk and at the second idol of Valley respectively.

>any fight from Nioh
>good

>TWO phases

Attached: photo-585.jpg (200x180, 5K)

>tfw watching my friend get smashed by the ogre for literally an hour

Attached: gAZgI38.png (128x122, 24K)

Mikiri counter, the ashina skills from the tengu are almost all good and you should definitely get the deflect ones. Also the restore vitality on deathblow is pretty amazing for a good part of the game. Definitely would get it early.

There is something I'm not getting apparently. I keep dying to the chained ogre miniboss out of all things. Am I really bad?

For me, she was my first boss. I didn't smoke Genichiro on my first try, but it took significantly less time than Butterfly.

I'm reviewing this game for a small website. You should see the press pack they sent out with the review codes.

It basically tells you what you should do all the way up to Butterfly and the horse guy.
It tells you what abilities to get, where to get them, where to locate all the ability scrolls. Where to get arm items, which bosses to use them on, etc.

Boys Genichiro might be my filter. Wat do.

what I did was stay right in his face constantly attacking, as soon as he parries me then I start parrying his attacks. If he backsteps I always hesitate because sometimes he jumps into the air to do his bow autism so I just block that. Parry his jumping downward slash and immediately after he will do a thrusting attack for you to mikiri, in the second phase though he always does a sweeping slash after that jump so jump and kick off his head. If you stay aggressive like that his posture breaks surprisingly fast

It's the first somewhat difficult fight in the game. Once you get the flow of things and learn how to beat him, the rest of the game should be doable for you. Just have patience and keep trying.

>tfw all my friends beat the ogre much more quickly than I did.

Attached: 1446929265380.jpg (500x367, 25K)

This is butterfly for me. I feel like I've even got a good grasp of how to do it, I just can't keep it up for the duration of the fight. One mistake kills me.

don't block/parry it, sprint around to avoid its charges. I forgot sprinting was even part of the game until I fought bull. use firecracker arm to get free hits, I just hugged its asshole and slashed until I had to start sprinting again. I've heard some say you can actually break it's posture if you hit it in the face, but that always seemed too dangerous for me

I don't know, I think I maybe won some fights on my first try but most of them I won in the second or third.

You just gotta play aggressive I guess.

Most of the guys when you approach trying to deflect and fail miserably, if you change to a dash strategy you'll most probably win.

The only boss I had to play careful was the Guardian Ape's 2nd phase.

He is easy man, beat him on my third try.

Use Blue sugar's after you get his timing down, also the eel on his second phase after you get the timing of the second phase down.

Whenever you chug, be ready to dodge arrows.

Everytime he jumps, dash to the side.

That's it.

What were they thinking when they added the terror bullshit?

Attached: 1543611565491.png (633x944, 622K)

1. Mikiri Counter
then go straight for healing after deathblows, should be baseline and makes the game much more fun imo

Im starting to think they gave reviewers a different copy of Sekiro
Theres no way they got very far with the base game

See

Does the game ever allow you to respec skills like Souls did?

For me, the last skill on the prosthetics talent tree.

THAT INCREASED MY DPS SO FUCKING MUCH like holy shit,

>Blast damage
>Sword is on fire now
>If the enemy gets burned, he is stunned for 3s
>Sword on fire does more damage
>Burn damage also does damage over time

BEST POINTS I invested in the whole game, I use this on every fucking boss and it helps tremendously.

Attached: 71180620_p0.png (848x1200, 899K)

I don't understand the Lady Butterfly fight. I can hit her exactly once after every opening. The only way to create openings that I've found is to hit her with a shuriken when she's jumping backwards. So most of the time I'm just kiting her around a pillar until she exhausts a string that I can punish once for maybe 1/30th of her health. I don't get this.

IDK man, I won on my second try against him just parrying his attacks head on and hitting him in the face.

Combat arts are so shit. The only thing worth spending spirit emblems on is ninjutsu.

Hit her and dash to her side, keep repeating this, she doesn't know how to respond.

Whenever you're stuck on a fight, try fighting aggressive like that and abuse dashing, see if it works.

What the hell is causing the game to be so choppy on my PC? It runs the same on Maximum and Low.

You can't approach it like a souls boss looking for an opening, it's about filling her posture bar all the way. You want to be constantly attacking her at all times clashing blades, parrying all of her attacks.

see
best talent in the whole fucking game

Oh, that skill is good. Nice - it's the one I'm going for first.

When I tried to parry him I was sent flying and lost 80% of my hp so I just assumed he was unblockable

I'm yet to see a single enemy falling off the cliff. Wish they'd do that more often than fucking never.

The game literally explains you how to fight her just before the fight starts, she recovers posture fast so you need to dash counter her moves

it's just bullshit after bullshit, getting sick of the game
bitch regen stamina way too fast

Attached: 814380_20190324151138_1.png (1920x1080, 2.1M)

You shouldn't be aiming to damage her health, I beat her with her posture broken and her health at 60%

You can jump on her head when she does a Danger attack. You can dodge to the side for a hit, or parry her basic combo and follow up with a three hit attack of your own. Parrying her and doing your combo both add up to her posture breaking.
My preference was using the spinning special attack over and over, seemed to work well.

Try to unplug your second monitor.

>get gut
No, peopel jsut need to use shuriken

It is important to focus on damaging her health enough that her posture doesn't just instantly dissipate. Knock off 25-30% health then go all in on parrys to break her posture.

The ashina scroll techinques are just so god damn good
>recovering poise on succesful parry
yes
>inflicting more posture damage after sucessful parry
Hell yes

>lock-on disappears but the camera still follows Lady Butterfly, so she just fucking disappears and I have no idea what's happening

Good
This is good

Thanks for robbing me of the boss kill

To be honest I literally just spammed my R1 and L1 special spin over and over, occasionally parried and threw shurikens at her when she jumped up.

Over in a flash.

I don't have one, but would using a TV as my monitor cause the same issue?

Just beat it, I did it very slowly but it worked. After he does that move where he throws two shurikens and jumps, parry the shurikens and immediately dodge to the side, then you can safely hit him with a charged attack without getting mikiri'd

>PS4 left analog stick is fucking up

Attached: 1552428571027.jpg (554x640, 210K)

nigga

Attached: 1287232333575.gif (210x187, 2K)

What happens if you decline the tengu mask samurai?

I just beat him, best tactic is luring him into a corner and chain nuke him whilst watching out for his jump slash. Whenever he’s in the middle of the room just sidedash everything he does besides the very long combo which you should dodge backwards for to keep out of range.

Don’t go to far from him, the arrows hit like a truck if you parry.

Lastly don’t panic once he gets to phase 2 and starts the lightning shit, be aggressive as fuck, I got through that first try by just sticking to him.

Hold down the dodge button.

Yeah she seems pretty fucking stupid. Spends more time invulnerable than not, and you have to spam limited consumables to touch her even slightly.

He sticks that nose up your rectum.

I spammed Nightjar slash till she died. It's even better than dodge R1.

Attached: aaa4M3P.jpg (960x706, 75K)

There is some truth in this. Trying to use precise inputs gives you less consistent results than just mashing. This is especially so for deflecting combos. Also I'm sure some attacks in this game damage you before the weapon visibly connects with the player. Makes timing deflections aggravating.

Yeah I can't get this to work at all. I can't block her counterattack if it's the kick.

This on the other hand works disgustingly well. Wow. I hate this.

holy shit that is happening to me as well
i swear it works fine on ps4 but fucks up on pc here and there

Which tool am I supposed to invest materials into? they are all situational so idk which one gets the most use

How do I beat snake eyes?

For me the ps4 controls are dodgy as fuckkkkk.

The worst part being R2 just not reacting in the lady butterfly fight half of the time, which made me had to fall back to dodging her air attacks instead of shooting her out if the air.

bluetooth ds4 on PC has noticeable input lag, just plug it (and I also disconnected my mouse, that seems to help). But still, playing on PC at 20-25fps with a slight input lag is hell.

The prosthetic upgrades are pretty linear, since to get a tier 3 upgrade you need 3 of the tier 2 upgrades unlocked and so on. Not to mention the fact that each tier requires increasingly more rare materials that don't become readily available until certain points in the game. Don't think about it as being like the skill trees where you invest down a single line. Think of it more like upgrading most/all your tools to t2, then t3 and so on.

>mfw headless perilous attack reaches into your butthole and pulls out your organ

Attached: AHH!.gif (403x297, 2.27M)