>japs make better western games than the westerners do

why are the westerners so incompetent

Attached: Sekiro-vs-Dark-Souls-and-Bloodborne.jpg (1280x720, 250K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metempsychosis
youtu.be/89vi-Px2bFs?t=67
abload.de/img/severance2rpxnc.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>westerner
You keep using that word

Attached: Innkeeper Sisters.jpg (719x795, 64K)

He's saying amerifat candham are shit especially in the game industry lately since everyone's letting outrage culture run free

>not posting the improved version

Japanese developer
>knows that they are making a GAME, and that the point of a GAME is FUN
>creative and original, has variety
>action packed like DMC or just plain fun like Mario
>finished game that holds up a decade after coming out
>pander to PLAYERS
Western developer
>pretentious Oscar bait
>same few formulas, like big empty open world or a copy of Fortnite or COD
>thinks walking in between cutscenes is "gameplay"
>unfinished piece of shit that has bugs and needs patches/mods to function, also microtransactions because fuck you
>pander to "journalists" and Twitterfags

What's the improved version?

>thinks walking in between cutscenes is "gameplay"
To be fair Japan is known for visual novels

In general I agree with you though

I don't know but western devs are honestly a joke now. I am a red blooded American but the nips own us when it comes to games.

Western games are easy, boring, and safe.

Souls series sucks huge ass though, retard. It's the same few assets recycled into the same buggy, boring game over and over.

This. I'm proud of being an American but I admit most of our games suck, with a few exceptions.

This

what a fucking retarded thing to be proud of

The westerner brain has been fried by social politics.

It's because American aren't slaves to corporations and actually have time off work to have a life, unlike Nip bugmen whose only sources of pleasure in life comes from hostess bars and video games.

Do you think being proud of your nationality at all is retarded or just for America?

at all. national pride is a cancer on the world

Dark souls is a western rpg that just happened to be made by a Japanese developer.
>No shitty weeb anime aesthetic
>Game is super immersive just like games such as Detroit: Become human and God of War
>The game clearly takes inspiration and directly borrows from other wrpgs such as Skyrim and the Witcher 3

>be western dev
>try to make video game how you want
>get your reputation and life ruined by sjws who shitpost on twitter and resetera

I can see the argument for at all. I don't have blind loyalty to my country or think other countries suck, or anything like that though.

Literally came out before all the games you listed, unless you're talking about the original GoW.

Western vidya is laser focused on simulation, making things realistic whereas jap vidya is about escapism and imagination.

Hitman 2 and Forza 4 are pretty neat but those are European games, not amerimutt cancer.

Attached: mr cool.png (1557x1053, 2.6M)

This.

>comparing a game like Dark Souls to a movie like Detroit: Become Human
Also, not every Japanese game has anime graphics, like Metal Gear Solid or most Nintendo games.

>I'm proud of being an American
I bet you're also proud of being circumsized.

Attached: 1453080004519.jpg (720x480, 67K)

Japanese devs focus on on gameplay, music and creating likebable characters while western devs go for realism/gwaffix and whatever "deep political message" they can spread. It's not really rocket science.

>have a life
Meaningless buzzword.

Based.

Disagree. Different nations have different values and some are clearly better than others.

Why do weebs start throwing shit at the fan and start acting like every Jap dev personally fondles the balls of Miyamoto and every "western" dev is genetic clone of Spencer every single time a good Jap game comes out? You don't see this autismal surge everytime a west game releases.

More like From Software is really good at developing Dark Souls games.

Gotta love the mental gymnastics people do to say dark souls is a western rpg.

Because weebs are autistic retards 98% of the time. You should know this by now kid.

Westerners overemphasize realism though to the point that it's detrimental to gameplay. RDR2 and GoW 4 are two example of games going for cinematography at the expense of gameplay. Those games were obviously visually impressive but were a chore to play.

Because westerners are willing to sacrifice the fundamental aspect of a game, the gameplay, to make the story or characters the main source of the entertainment, whereas in actuality the focus should be on both, but about 60% gameplay and 40% everything else.

Attached: 1504574295835.png (356x446, 268K)

Sure, but even if you think yours is better, you didn't have anything to fucking do with it. You're whatever nationality you are by accident of birth.

>Western games
>Realistic

Yeah regenerating health for doing nothing is so realistic. At least Japanese games show you that life isn't so easy and actually punishes you for mistakes

Western devs are more easily controlled by their capitalistic corporate overlords, hence why Western games and devs are a fucking joke nowadays when it come to actual creative freedom.

Also this and this

>Muh dodge spam, wow what fun
Have fun beating off to the same game released every few years with a different name

that's because there hasn't been a good western game since halo 3.

western gamedevs have been indoctrinated by lefty boomers at school is why most games in the west suck nowadays

>You don't see this autismal surge everytime a west game releases.
Probably because western games, with a few expections, really are that bad. Usually it's indie games that stand out the most like Undertale and whatever flavor of the month metroidvania released recently, but those are just copies of Japanese games anyways.

You have to like anime aesthetic to be here though.

So, which one setting will be next From IP?
Sci-fi? WW2 setting?

Because time and time again, western devs have demonstrated how shitty the western industry and games are. The Japs continue to put out quality titles with fun in mind while the west puts out hollow garbage filled with leftist propaganda and microtransactions.

Bloodborne on PC.

yeah I wonder why this is huh jeeze......

This. I don't want realism, that's what real life is for. I always viewed entertainment as escapism. RDR2 had too much shit like cleaning your horse, slow animations to pick up objects, cocking the gun manually, etc. The next R* game will have a button to control your character's fucking breathing. RDR2 isn't bad overall, but it definitely had its flaws.

>Dark souls is a western rpg that just happened to be made by a Japanese developer.
i don't think a western dev can make a game like souls unfortunately

>and every "western" dev is genetic clone of Spencer
Phil? If only, he's actually doing good now for everyone but xbox players

Imagine Star Wars setting souls like by From.

>playing games for fun
Yikes! Are you 12 years old? Video games is already a pathetic hobby past the age of 16 but at least play games that enlighten your mind, you retarded manchild

Just because I like my country doesn't mean I am blind to any of its flaws. Patriotism is different from nationalism.

>Star Wars setting
Fucking yikes lmao

Kek
t. Neil Druckmann

>I cried when Telltale Games went out of business

Then why do you still allow the barbaric practice of genital mutilation to happen? For a nation that claims to be 1st world you do have a lot of 3rd world practices.

Personally I'd love to see them tackle a grim, gothic sci-fi setting. That or their own unique take on the stale and overused futuristic post-apocalypse/cyber-dystopia setting that's so damn prevalent in in western AAA Games right now.

IMO the medieval/feudal fantasy settings have sort of overstayed their welcome after the Dark Souls trilogy, DeS and Sekiro.

Sci-Fi. Phantasy Star meets Dark Souls.

Japan is only good at making certain kind of games. Arcade stuff and hack n slash is the stuff they're best at, whereas the West can do anything pretty well with much more ambition or innovation. There's whole genres like FPS, RTS, etc that Japan has never even done at all. I respect Japanese developers that try and be more Western much more because I can recognize that sense of greater experience and knowledge.

COPE

DS had a Bloodborne looking character on it's DLC
Bloodboorne had a Sekiro looking character on it's DLC
wait for Sekiro's DLC to find out the new setting

Attached: 1553370222510.jpg (1532x1324, 1.45M)

Ehh I suppose that's one way of looking at it, but as of right now RDR2 is the only wild west "simulator" and it's fucking fantastic in that regard. It's absolutely escapism; I don't get to be a cowboy in real life.

Be honest OP, what exactly constitutes as a western game?
Also this is a bait to spark the East vs. West shit flinging, change my mind

Attached: Bait.png (625x626, 65K)

wrong pic

Attached: file.png (1200x1641, 1.21M)

>directly borrows from other wrpgs such as Skyrim and the Witcher 3
>Witcher 3

Attached: 1527712174066.jpg (346x346, 25K)

>It's absolutely escapism; I don't get to be a cowboy in real life.
Very valid point. The setting of the game wasn't my problem, it's awesome. I just think they overdid some of the "realism" aspects.

I feel sad for you, try harder next time please

Attached: you.gif (480x238, 415K)

I count a Western game as anything American, Canadian or European made.

everything made west of Japan

Alright, but what kind of games?

Literally Wolf with a top hat

Sekiro plays like an ubisoft game.

Immersive sims > all other genres

Attached: uu.jpg (343x482, 139K)

>japs make better western games than the westerners do
What the fuck does that sentence even mean?
It was made in Japan by JAPANESE developers. How the fuck are those western games?

imagine sucks the nuts of one country and not just playing select games from both. you people are so fucking autistic.

The sword combat is too deep compared to ubishit like asscreed. Only the jumping takedowns are like it.

I only go by country of origin, not the kind of game. I think you might be talking about genres.

It has always been this way.

also here's bloodborne being hinted in dark souls

Attached: file.png (371x649, 350K)

>a single studio remakes a single game 5 times
>THANK YOU FOR THESE DELICIOUS FECES BASED HIROHITO GOD I WISH I WAS JAPANESE I HATE MYSELF

This. We'll have to wait until we get the DLC in order to know what we could be getting for their next game.

Though if the new game/IP ends up being something from a modern day or futuristic setting, then I'd love see what kind of narrative excuse they'll come up to justify their existence or reason for being in that time period.

Because American companies are all about maximizing profit even at the expense of quality

Just because there are a handful of great Jap devs like From, Capcom and Nintendo, doesn't discount all the fucking trash ones like Square, Bamco and Konami.

The same could be said about western devs if you cherry picked the good ones and compared them to the Jap devs mentioned above.

>try again
>make game that panders to sjws
>niGGers destroy all sales by starting fake rumours about me being a pedo and review bomb the game

Yes, might as well tell me exatcly nippon is making better western games than westerners and why those games aren't considered japanese

Japan has more than a handful of studios, like PlatinumGames or Sega. Square isn't bad. There are good Western developers, just less of them.

This. Euro games are trash unlike American and japanes, both who lies to the east

Oh look it's this debate again.

There is NOTHING Western about the Souls series. Nothing. Just because it's set in Medieval Europe doesn't mean it's Western. Japanese games have ALWAYS been set in Medieval Europe, games set in Japanese settings have always been a minority. The design philosophy, the gameplay, the soundtrack, the story, everything about them is strictly Japanese.

t. retard

>the soundtrack,
it’s all European style music
>the story
it’s q European style of story.

>There is NOTHING Western about the Souls series.
>it's set in Medieval Europe
literally wut
europe is a western country

Are you actually implying America isn't in fact, east of Japan?

Europe is a continent

It's set in Europe, but made in Japan.

>Square isn't bad

>Always pushing anti consumer bullshit, microtransactions and cutting content, locking things in SINGLEPLAYER games like DXHR and Hitman 2016 behind arbitrary online modes
>releasing blatantly unfinished games
>killing off studios when their meddling affects game quality and in turn, sales.

They're honestly second on to EA. Personally I enjoyed Jap games alot more than western games, but let's not pretend there aren't some huge slanty eyed jews poisoning the industry.

it’s aesthetics are European (except demon ruins) but it’s in a fictional world.

>European style of story
>European style music
"Japanese style" is just animu, user

Yeah, I meant to say the setting was inspired by Europe, not actually Europe.

True, but even the shit ones have all had really great games in the past, and all have great iconic IPs.

That being said, it does fucking suck what’s happening to these companies, I feel like the rise of gatcha games is really starting to poison Japanese companies

westerner means white stop speaking code devil

>story about an endless cycle of rebirth and reincarnation
>in a world populated by numerous gods
>ummm actually this is clearly inspired by Medieval Christian tradition
Story is Japanese as fuck, retardos. Only western thing Souls have are the knights and the castles.

Japanese devs have proven that they can make comebacks by getting their act together and releasing quality titles; modern Capcom and 2000's Sqaure Enix are proof of this.

Can't say the same for western game devs though, once they're bought out by a soulless megacorp, they almost always fall apart with zero chances of recovery.

Find it.

fuck you weeb

Konami isn't bad. It's bad that Konami doesn't make games anymore besides Bomberman, but thats just what remains of former Hudson staff anyways.

are you really pretending all jap devs are like fromsoft because I'm pretty sure I don't have to look very hard to find garbage big tiddy whacky UWAAAAAH anime games

Japanese/Western refers to the place the game was developed in, not the setting.

>starting to poison Japanese companies

Yeah, after the years of being shit, jap companies are having a renaissance and we're almost getting back to PS2 era quality, but at the same time Japanese games have had another boon in the worst way possible with gacha and mobileshit. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Square is obviously balls deep and is beyond saving, but it'll be interesting to see where Capcom goes in particular.

>story about an endless cycle of rebirth and reincarnation
>in a world populated by numerous gods
Sounds Greek to me cunt.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metempsychosis

>what is norse mythology
>what is hesiod cycle of ages
>what are Spengler concepts of civilization cycles
>what is nietzsche eternal recurrence
>what is Pythagoreanism
just because you have a very limited understanding of the breadth of western philosophy which profess belief in cycles, rebirth, and reincarnation does not mean it’s not there. Miyazaki would be aware though, because unlike Americans the Japanese actually read. And Miyazaki is a total euroboo.

>things that never happened

>What was operation Nuke-a-Laylee?

That’s nice. Call me when Japan makes a Hitman style game better than the west.

>weebs
>shit
>ameriboos and euroboos
>based
why

Attached: 1553316064093.jpg (1440x1773, 167K)

k im baited.

clearly you like games with stronger mechanics, because thats where the japs excel, making good game mechanics.

"westerners" as you so narrowly put it, draw more from their settings and dare i say it "better graphics" (at least more dynamic and interesting to look at). the only good settings a jap game ever has is when they genderbend someone....or throw demons into it.

i personally like both styles, maybe i prefer the japs a bit more cause i like games for their mechanics.

When will you tasteless weebs ever learn?

Attached: 1520914382225.jpg (1200x675, 114K)

It doesn't refer to setting but also isn't just where the game came from. It's the style of the game, and if you say western or japanese you're referring to general characteristics that set a lot of games made in those regions apart. But since it's just style it's not like you can't have a western style game made in japan (ie. souls) or a japanese style games made in the US (ie. some bullshit made by a weeb).

>Square is obviously balls deep and is beyond saving

They've been in worse situations in the past, if fucking Capcom can get their act together and become a top-tier AAA dev within 3 years, then I don't see why Square can't.

Square just needs replace their upper management at this point.

tbf employees from companies bought out by soulless megacorps often breakaway and start indie studios.

I think this is the key difference between Jap and Western games atm. The Japs have a handful of great studios producing high budget games and all the smaller studios either produce gacha shit or KAWAII UGUU schoolgirl titty RPGs. Meanhwile alot of high budget western games are bland and derivative like AC, CoD etc. With smaller studios producing the more memorable interesting games.

That being said I don't think Yea Forums give enough credit to the actually good big budget western games. GoW 2018 for example felt like it had a pretty strong creative vision and passion behind it. The gameplay was unique even if it did borrow some standard industry tropes. I doubt all the people calling it a movie game barely played it, TLoU is a movie game, GoW2018 is closer to Zelda or something than a Naughty Dog game.

you've got that exactly turned around. japan is incredibly conservative with gameplay. that's why their idea of the rpg took what classic CRPGs did and didn't progress beyond it for like 20 years.

Agree with you on GoW, it's one of the best western games in recent memory. But it's an exception from the norm, nonetheless.

I didn't play it yet, is it too much of a movie game to enjoy if I didn't like Uncharted or TLOU?

It's just DMC that takes itself seriously

so in other words it's Japanese corporatism vs American capitalism?

If you mean the one where they don't have plump lips, then no, that's not an improvement

I'd also say Hitman 2 and RDR2, for all it's faults also fit the bill. Prey 2017 was great too.

It's got way more actual gameplay than Naughty Dog's games if that's what you mean.

but these are all JRPGs

Aztec mythology

Attached: xolotl.jpg (510x660, 149K)

That's what I was worried about. I don't like walking simulators and when I heard GoW 4 was going to be much more cinematic than the older ones I became very skeptical. I'll probably play it some day, but it's not something I'm absolutely dying to play.

The problem with Western devs is most of them are just wannabe film directors that settled for the medium.

Attached: 1550837287697.jpg (180x314, 39K)

It feels like they're making Oscar bait movies, not entertaining video games. They come across as pretentious hacks.

An Aztec/Mayan setting would be neat, but I fear it'd be a little too niche for From's liking.

I suspect it'd be a setting that'll have some semi-wide appeal with western audiences at least.

And yet BloodBorne still managed to tell a story that was far more interesting, immersive and compelling than most of these western blockbuster movie-games.

based and redpilled

>Jubisoft tier setting
yikes
sekiro style combar and world but in the Holy Roman Empire during the 30 years war. Have Germanic mythological creatures like trolls and fairies, put in Catholic religious figures like Saints and the Virgin Mary. Plot is to bring stability to whatever province you are in. Go real deep into allegory, metaphor and all that jazz.

Bloodhound is a once in a decade game though, kind of unfair to compare it to the average but I get what you're saying.

Bloodborne doesn't really tell much of a story though. It has interesting background lore, but the actual story of the game is pretty simple and kinda vague.

*bloodborne
Sorry for phoneposting.

Japs have zero creativity and soul so they steal from superior western culture and works.

Attached: vnlfnb.png (640x357, 351K)

>be Japanese slave master
>slaves literally come to you because they want to make game
>let them make game while whipping them occasionally

wow no wonder westerners won't make a good game.

Attached: 1553155250120.jpg (1024x640, 105K)

Western focus on the story and even make a lot of cinematics and QTEs.
Japanese designers focus on the game mechanics and they're just fun and arcade-like.

JRPGs have been set in Medieval Europe since the beginning faggot.

>Can't program a functioning grapple hook right and everything needs a preset grapple point
Naw, theyre still incompetant

2009, people and Grapple Technology was already nigh perfected
youtu.be/89vi-Px2bFs?t=67

Eastern Europe jankino > Japkino > ""Western""

Here we are, born to be kings
We're the princes of the universe
Here we belong, fighting to survive
In a world with the darkest powers

>implying western devs don't use slaves
You are cute

>From game based on Greek mythology

Would be neat but could also get a lot of negative flack and comparisons to God of War. Plus the addition Catholic figures would probably anger the Christcucks.

Maybe Egyptian mythology instead?

Jews don't allow westerners to freely explore interesting themes or settings. Every character needs to be a nigger or a faggot if the game attempts to celebrate European culture.

Our slaves are not nearly as motivated as Japanese slaves.
Working 80 hour weeks is normal there

>it's fucking fantastic in that regard
oh yeah, picking up objects individually slowly, that's what the wild west was all about!

>Plus the addition Catholic figures would probably anger the Christcucks.
Castlevania video games never did. And even if some Christians did dislike it, who cares? So long as you give a nuance portrayal and do your research, no one can fault. It just fits so good with fromsoft style. Catholic relics perform almost the exact same function buddhist relics do. Namely objects endowed with supernatural power. A Demon Souls character actually mentions the Virgin Mary by bane, and I get the impression Miyazaki always wanted to explore the more mystical type of Christianity like you’d find in the Divine Comedy but avoided it for the exact reason you mention. imo it’d be a lot more interesting than muh asscreed ancient aliens garbage.

Yea, I think it's a pretty well-established fact at this point that western devs just can't compete for the most part.

I wish they gave you an option to skip those animations. Imagine DMC, but Dante slowly picks up every single Red Orb.

>Being passionate about what they do is bad.
Remember the saying if you find a job you love to do, you'd never work a day in your life?

For America, China, Russia, UK, France, Sweden, Finland, Japan, Norway, Denmark, and Germany.

>Japanese developer
>knows that they are making a GAME
Game? I think you meant to say "movie"

Attached: 1551644039401.png (928x287, 150K)

There are exceptions to every rule.

>Gotta love the mental gymnastics people do to say dark souls is a western rpg.

>you create your own character and assign their stats (something almost non-existent in jrpgs, where you typically play as a pre-defined character)
>uses a stamina system (a common feature in wrpgs since the 80's, even elder scrolls had it decades before dark souls, but far less common in jrpgs)
>uses a vancian system for spellcasting derived from western tabletop rpgs such as d&d
>uses a classless system (common in wrpgs like fallout and elder scrolls, but almost non-existent in jrpgs)
>story is primarily told through gameplay, like many other wrpgs and in sharp contrast to jrpgs which typically feature hours of non-interactive cutscenes)
>an emphasis on non-linear exploration (again, common in wrpgs, almost non-existent in jrpgs)
>enemies are pulled straight from western rpgs (e.g. mindflayers, mimics, myconids, etc.)
>armor changes your appearance (again, common in wrpgs, almost non-existent in jrpgs)
>combat is suspiciously similar to a number of wrpgs like severance: blade of darkness
>many other gameplay mechanics and features it shares with wrpgs

>mental gymnastics

Attached: 1551017810907.png (558x614, 29K)

>There are exceptions to every rule.
They're hard to find though,.

Attached: 12382813821.jpg (738x302, 106K)

>Yakuza is 60 hours of gameplay, 13 hours of cutscenes
>last of us is 4 hours of gameplay, 1 and a half hours of cutscenes
oof

>American aren't slaves to corporations
Is that a fucking joke?
Americans are the biggest corporate slaves, hence why they're the ones you always see complaining about piracy the most.

Probably because the western games are usually shit.

Feminism.

t. shitskin or aussie

This. A quarter is more than a sixth. Percentages and fractions tell the whole story better.

The West makes a higher number of movie games than Japan. I can name MANY Japanese games that aren't movies. Can you do the same for the West?

give me 1 reason to travel 15 min to a game cafe to play bloodborne.

>hard = good
kys. im playing games to relax and have fun after work

>The West makes a higher number of movie games than Japan.
Complete nonsense. The majority of critically acclaimed Japanese games (MGS, Shenmue, etc.) have more hours of cutscenes than they do hours of gameplay. Not to mention the long history of Japanese video game 'innovations'

>Shenmue pioneered and popularized quick-time events

>Ico pioneered and popularized escort missions

>WinBack & Kill Switch pioneered and popularized cover-based shooting

>Metal Gear Solid pioneered and popularized 'movie games' with a heavy emphasis on cinematic storytelling to the detriment of gameplay (just compare MGS to its stealth game contemporaries like Thief and it becomes painfully clear how primitive its 'stealth' mechanics and level design are by comparison)

>Resident Evil 4 pioneered and popularized the tight over the shoulder camera where your character takes up half the screen, necessitating a much slower movement speed and pace of gameplay, in contrast to older third-person games where the camera was zoomed out and both player and enemy moved very fast.

>Final Fantasy and other jrpgs removed classic rpg features like extensive character creation and customization and non-linearity in favor of a more guided, linear experience filled with cinematic spectacle.

>Oh, and Japan invented visual novels

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

> American aren't slaves to corporations
>literally the only thing i hear about when the Superbowl happens is Americans wondering what Adverts are going to be shown or why x advert wasn't shown
ok bud

Hard mode: Western games of this decade

Pretty much every game that isn't from David Cage isn't a movie game.
It's fine if you don't like shooters but that doesn't make them not have gameplay.

>Percentages and fractions tell the whole story better.
You know what, you're absolutely right

Attached: 1538305988578.jpg (1409x1652, 861K)

pls respond..

its entire gameplay is also a cutscene

One has gameplay other than walking though.

I can't. Play Dark Souls 1 instead.

I've played dark soul 1, 3 and ten hours of 2.

Attached: 1550394170380.jpg (645x773, 40K)

Those are not iso rpgs, git gud zoomer

Most Nintendo games have a simplistic plot with very few cutscenes. Games like DMC, Bayonetta and NieR are action based. So are FromSoftware games. Games like Uncharted, TLOU, any Quantic Dream or Telltale game, etc are movies. The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 are a movie game according to some also. Also, about FF, linearity doesn't mean movie. MGS I will give you though.

404 no argument found

Cringe, next thing you're going to do is claim Berserk is a western comic or some dumb shit

exactly you braindead weeb
calling gameplay sections *movies* simply because you dont like stealth/third person shooters is not an argument

in fact, tlou has MORE gameplay than silent hill

??? I love SH but saying it has more than walking than the Last of Us seems like a fat lie

Cutscenes aren't the only thing used to judge whether a game is a movie, though it's a big one. The gameplay is a factor, especially in someting like RDR2 which has sluggish controls, slow animations to pick up objects, manually cocking your gun, cleaning your horse, etc. The gameplay in that game focuses more on realism than entertainment.

The games I can call "western games" unironically are FPS

Don't worry, brother, you aren't alone.

I bet you felt clever writing that novel down, what gameplay does Dark Souls even share with WRPG? People compare it to Zelda for a reason, the controls/combat is all typical jap action/adventure, the games have an obvious bias towards swords and the level design has similar principles to many jap games. People keep saying "it isn't a jrpg!" when a western studio could have never made something like it, and it shows a lot of ignorance about why the jrpg exists in the first place.

meant to reply to

>Fullmetal Alchemist is a European book because Amestris is inspired by Europe.

well do smt. the industry is literally concetrated in the most degenerate state of your country

>being proud of something you had literally no influence in
Maybe it is just Americans...

>japs make better games than the westerners do

fixed

>This entire post

Attached: bazinga.jpg (505x350, 29K)

>People keep saying "it isn't a jrpg!" when a western studio could have never made something like it

>he doesn't know

abload.de/img/severance2rpxnc.gif

Because the west has never know how to make console games, they can only make glorified Excel simulators and that doesn't reflect at all with the sensibilities of most players that just want to have a good time, note how any good indie game feels like it could be made by a japanese developer.

>the western devs only make crappy indie weebshit out of Japanese influence while the Japanese devs actually make good Western games

Explain?

Attached: 008_w91f.jpg (1920x1080, 182K)

Anthem is the best western game released this year so far.

Does the TloU cutscene timer count """gameplay""" sections where you just walk while dialogue is spewed at you?
because I doubt it does

Attached: everything you like is bad.jpg (286x268, 28K)

>having a take this bad.
Your nationality has influence on you, you don't have influence on your nationality. it's not that complicated.

>because I doubt it does
Even if you were to count those walky/talky sections as cutscenes, the amount of cutscene-to-gameplay ration in Yakuza/Silent Hill2 is still overwhelmingly higher

Attached: 1552589246467.jpg (694x693, 36K)

>anecdotal evidence proves I'm right
Nah.

Because western devs are obsessed with games as a service

Western AAA devs only make trendy online games for 10 years old kids.

That says a lot about the absolute state of western games

>Game is super immersive just like games such as Detroit: Become human and God of War

Attached: 1524532665846.png (606x601, 438K)

They do need us for creative input, and that's not a bad thing since they make good shit out of it that we can enjoy too.

None of these games are western or make me think "western game" what the fuck?

wtf? this has to be a coincidence

>American aren't slaves to corporations
The only ones that would defend a company without being paid

>>directly borrows from other wrpgs such as Skyrim and the Witcher 3
>Demon's Souls released in 2009
>Dark Souls released in September 2011
>Skyrim released in November 2011
>Withcer 3 released in 2015
>>No shitty weeb anime aesthetic
>literally everything about the game is taken from a popular manga
why do people who play western games always say the most retarded shit? in every single thread about literally anything you'll find someone saying retarded stuff like this

Attached: grifiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith.jpg (1479x1100, 297K)

wrong, DMC actually has good combat not magnetic garbage

Attached: nugow.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

even Kojima knows this

Attached: Kojima on superior Japanese design philosophy.png (680x642, 89K)

it's not, From has admitted that they do it in interviews

>The Witcher 3 and Red Dead Redemption 2 are a movie game according to some also
According to who? Under what definition?

This the aesthetic feels like pure japanese adaptation, if it was western it would try to be realistic and Dark Souls doesn't really try to look like that at all

>Western games
>Souls, Sekiro, RE, MGS, TeW
>Western games with minor weeb elements
>DMC, NiOH, Ace Combat, 3D Fighting games exculde DOA, 2D Fighting games exculde GG and Blazblue

This isn't a Kojima quote, you retard. It comes from some American guy working in Japan.

RDR2 has sluggish controls, slow animations to pick up objects, manually cocking your gun, cleaning your horse, etc, which are all added for "immersion" and "realism" but add nothing to the gameplay. TW3 was a very cutscene-heavy game. I don't consider it on the same level as TLOU though, or Heavy Rain.

shhhhh! the pigs dont need to know that!

TW3 is an RPG. It's natural for it to have dialogue and cutscenes. That's what the genre is about - world building and immersion.

RDR2 or TloU tout themselves as """action games""" but they're just movies.

Persona 5 is half visual novel and the total leght of the games is 120h

>>Western games with minor weeb elements
>>DMC
is this a joke? it's LITERALLY the most anime game out there
>>Nioh
ah yes, Ninetails, yokai and Orochi are all definitely very western
>>Ace Combat
okay
D fighting games
so Tekken isn't anime?

I understand your point about TW3. That's why I gave it less shit than RDR2 or Uncharted/TLOU.

It's not, this is how from teases their new and upcoming IPs to fans.

I would love to bash your head in with a sledgehammer.

You faggots realize movie game means it's pretentious shlock meant to imitate hollywood film, right? It has nothing to do with how long cutscenes are.

Also what the fuck is this thread? How is Sekiro set in the west in any way?

See

Are you talking about settings? How in the literal fuck are fighting games or Sekiro in any way western?

>if it has D&D elements it's a western game.

Nigger you do realize action RPGs originated in Japan right? As well as tactical RPGs. What a stupid statement.

>You faggots realize movie game means it's pretentious shlock meant to imitate hollywood film, right?
That's precisely what Silent Hill 2 is, though.

Attached: 128481872121.jpg (2000x1917, 967K)

>Nigger you do realize action RPGs originated in Japan right?
Wrong. The first action-RPG was Gateway to Apshai, released in the west.

>As well as tactical RPGs.
Lolwut. Literally every turn-based wrpg made since the 70's has the gameplay typically associated with tactical rpgs, e.g.moving units on a battlefield. It's jrpgs that for some reason have to invent a separate subgenre, "tacical subgenre", to do this.

Attached: 12344889445.jpg (2000x1797, 853K)

>No shitty weeb anime aesthetic

Attached: crossbreed-priscilla-large.jpg (600x338, 41K)

Retarded post

When Yakuza has a shitton of cutscenes no one cares

When Xenogears has an entire second half that is basically just cutscenes no one cares

When MGS2 has a metric shitton of cutscenes no one cares

When games clearly influenced by visual novels have long stretches of dialogue that is non-interactable no one cares

But when the Last of Us has some cutscenes (most of which are short) everyone shouts movie

And before you say MUH WALKING, No More Heroes has a bunch of shit like picking up trash to pay the entry fee and no one cares, Shadow of the Colossus has tons of horseback riding and no one cares, Ico has tons of walking and no one cares, every Zelda game has tons of walking (in the case for OOT it’s tons of rolling because of how slow you move) and no one cares, Super Mario Odyssey and any open world game (Dragon’s Dogma) inevitably has tons of walking and boring tasks and no one cares

The real reason is you’re a biased weeb, combined with being a contrarian

Okami is my favorite western game

what the fuck makes these "western" games?

Pack it up guys, fun is over.

There are exceptions to every rule. I don't care for MGS or Yakuza for the exact same reason. Never played Xenogears. Japan has made movie games, but the West is more guilty of this.

>YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 104K)

I'm talking about hollywood style acting and trying way to hard to be emotional and deep like TLOU. Silent Hill doesn't hit any of these checkmarks and actually has cool lore, and backstory for it's characters.

bullshit. That's an action adventure game. And it had little to no influence on the action RPG market of today. Also what's the point of the infographic when it has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Also first real tactical RPG was dragon and the princess.

>Japan has made movie games, but the West is more guilty of this.
Stop these blatant lies.

Name a genre of games where western games are more cutscene-heavy than their japanese counterparts.

Stealth? Story is an afterthought in western stealth games, (e.g. Thief and Hitman only have 2-minute briefing cutscenes between every mission), while MGS is quite literally a movie game, with hours of cutscenes and codec calls vastly outnumbering the hours of gameplay.

RPG? Most wrpgs can be speedrun in a few minutes and npcs can be outright killed, that's how little the developers cared about you following the story. Meanwhile, most jrpgs easily feature 20+ or even 30+ hours of cutscenes, with some extreme cases like Persona 5 literally having 40+ hours of cutscenes.

The only instance in which western games come close to having as many cutscenes as Japanese games is when it involves first-party games made by Sony, a Japanese company. Gee, I wonder why.

Attached: 1553096619953.png (894x894, 97K)

>RPG? Most wrpgs can be speedrun in a few minutes and npcs can be outright killed, that's how little the developers cared about you following the story.

Like said earlier when people say movie games they mean they're literally aping off of cinema to try and appear deep. See TLOU, David Cage games, Uncharted etc. Tons of setpieces and the like.

>bullshit. That's an action adventure game.
False, it has RPG-style stat progression and equipment.

>And it had little to no influence on the action RPG market of today.
So? Do you seriously think your supposedly influential japanese action-rpgs had any influence on western action rpgs like Deus Ex or Dark Messiah?

>Also first real tactical RPG was dragon and the princess.
When did that come out? Because the first wrpgs came out in the mid-70's, and they have always used the 'tactical' combat system, as opposed to the simplistic menu-based systems of jrpgs.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

>Silent Hill doesn't hit any of these checkmarks
It absolutely does. As that image highlights the story is delivered through non-interactive cutscenes where characters act dramatically, exactly like you would see in a movie or tv show. Heck, it even rips its premise from a movie, Jacob's Ladder.

>>bullshit. That's an action adventure game.
>False, it has RPG-style stat progression and equipment.

Bullshit. It is an action-adventure game, and lacked RPG mechanics.

>Also first real tactical RPG was dragon and the princess.
When did that come out? Because the first wrpgs came out in the mid-70's, and they have always used the 'tactical' combat system, as opposed to the simplistic menu-based systems of jrpgs.

actually lying. Post one then retard.

It's not kawaii uguu desu ne so it's western.

they're just mad that all western games for the past few years have been completely shit and unremarkable. other than Prey, i can't think of a single good western game this gen slavs arent western

Japan was making arcade 3D shooting games while Half-Life created the cinematic FPS

in reality they should have a monobrow and a slight mustache.

pajeet girls, man