BB > Sekiro > DeS = DaS1 > DaS3 >>>>>> DaS2

BB > Sekiro > DeS = DaS1 > DaS3 >>>>>> DaS2

Attached: DmusKlqUYAAgwoZ.0.jpg (1200x800, 120K)

DeS~DaS1~BB~Sekiro>>DaS2~DaS3
Only true list

BB=SEKIRO>DS3>DES>DAS>LITERAL SHIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DS2

Despite being less customizable than previous games I am really enjoying the difficulty.

fags, i need your help, how tf i can set my weapon in fire using flame vent?

Nah sekiro hast No replayability at all. It's always the same weapon. In Bloodborne. You could make a playthrough for every weapon alone.

Sekiro > Bloodborne > DS1 > DS2 > DS3.

Haven’t played Demons. Bloodborne was the GOAT but Sekiro has pipped it.

Sekiro is a ghost of an actual game.
So much stuff missing with nothing to take its place. Not remotely worth the asking price.

Easily Dark Souls 2 tier.

DeS=BB=Sekiro>DaS1>DaS3>Dog Shit>DaS2

You might think I'm trolling but I'm dead serious. I can't even beat General Naomori Kawarada. I know hes possible for me to defeat, but I died 4 times in a row, and the game told me about dragonrot and I felt like a right cunt for seeing that cutscene before the first real boss. The General Kawarada dude isn't a real boss, hes the DS2 equivalent to that big ogre npc, or the DS3 equivalent to the big crystal lizard thing. I got so sad and mad that I quit the game. If the games not fun, why bother?

t. faggot who hasn't even played it.

Haven't played Sekiro yet but you rank the other games in the same order I would which makes me hopeful that it's genuinely good

Sekiro > DeS >> DaS3 > DaS1 >>>>>> DaS2 > BB

DaS2 > DeS > DaS1 > Sekiro > BB > DaS3

I've played it and it has no replayability.
You explore and find nothing
You kill bosses and you get nothing
No customisation, no weapons, no equipment.

It doesn't give you anything except more boring "combat" which consists of mashing like a retard and occasionally pressing parry.

Major yikes.
True ranking here

DS1 > BB >>>>>> DS3 >> DeS >>>>>> DS2 >>>>>>>> Sekiro

Sekiro is by far the weakest Miyazaki game yet. Lacking in almost all aspects.

Attached: 33979c402223dd81124f4bd49d263b4a.jpg (500x483, 33K)

Overrating BB and Demon's Souls above everything else just shows everyone how much of a Sony pony you are

A huge pile of stinking, rotting dog shit > all of them. This fucking shit exemplifies the pathetic state of modern gaming and why the gaming industry should just fucking die already.

BB=Sekiro>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>DeS>dying of asscancer>>>>>>DaS2>>>>anthony burch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS1>Fallout 76>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS3

thanks for confirming that you haven't played it.

It’s good. Fucking hard as nails, but good. I just miss fashion souls but that is all. Sekiro is amazing apart from that.

>he actually likes Shitkiro
Cringe

No weapons
No armor
No online no invasions no pvp
No worthwhile ng+
No replayability
No char creation
No interesting setting
No good atmosphere
No truly good level design
No good use of the stealth aspect

No fun.

Is DaS 2 really that bad? Is it the DMC2 of the franchise? Never played that one.

t. DaS1 rollbabby

>Sekiro is clearly supposed to be made after Tenchi
>fromtards still think it's the same as DS

Attached: 1553090499980.jpg (640x426, 58K)

t. Sekiro parryspam zygote

its better in every way than 3 and arguably better than 1

DS1>>BB>>>DES>>>DS2>>>>>>DS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sekiro
This is the only correct list

Game is good overall, but it does nothing good to Dark Souls formula.
DS3 is also shit tho since it's DS1 with more deleted content.

>no replayability
Ok retard

2 is fucking great. The haters are just elitist cunts. It’s literally DS1 but with WAY more areas, weapons, armor sets etc. Any hate it gets are fucking MINOR nitpicks from autistic cunts.

No, it's unironically the best and hardest Souls game. People hate it because they are shitters.

I can agree with this but I haven't played DeS and I'd switch 2 and 3.

its fun, you just haven't figured out the combat yet

I've only played around 4 hours of Sekiro but:
Dark Souls > Deracine > Sekiro > Demon's Souls > Bloodborne

No Dark Souls 2 or 3 because I haven't played them and I have no interest in them.

Don't sweat too much about Dragonrot on your first playthrough. It's intended to give you a sense of anxiety for narrative purposes, but just push on and you'll find cures for it anyway.

RT>R1

Attached: 1551797787256.png (326x323, 173K)

>bloodborne last
die of diabetes PC fatoid

2 is good but different. It does many things wrong mind you, but it tried to do something new and it has good replay value. Dark Souls 3 has absolutely nothng going for it, maybe except for the last DLC but it's a stretch.

doesn't work

sekiro > 2 > 3 > 1

i havent played bb or des because i dont play on consoles, people who hold 1 in such a high regard are 20 year olds blinded by nostalgia

Wish it had more weapons and customization options. I also enjoyed the stats of the previous games so I miss that too. Otherwise pretty great game

I've played Bloodborne and liked it a lot you sensitive little bitch, but the lack of aesthetic and enemy variety, cheesy reliance on horror cliches and the fact that there is a massive drop in quality after The Forest of Copypasted Snakeballs and Resident Evil 4 Ripoffs prevents it from being anywhere near as good as those other titles (even Dark Souls, which also has a drop in quality but is so strong in other areas it makes up for it).

Swap ds2 and ds3 and I agree

>No Dark Souls 2 or 3 because I haven't played them and I have no interest in them.
Why?

Attached: 16371-full.png (136x102, 17K)

>"nostalgia" for a game that came out in 2011
idiot

Mechanically it's the best souls game, it also has the most replayability. But the thing is, it was severely downgraded before release, even after release FROM continued to advertise with pre downgrade footage.
So, it rightfully gets a lot of hate for basically looking like a ps2 game, but gameplay and world design wise it's the best one by far

This shows you havent played it

Just stop swooning like a retard. This gi y killed me a bunch but it was all my fault. Did you try sneaking behind for a death blow to fight him at half health? Did you try sprinting around until he whiffs and ru. up to thrust attack him?

This game has a learning curve but it's not that hard once you realize you have infinite stamina for the purposes of attacking and mobility.

Dark Souls felt complete in itself

It's better than Sekiro if that's any consolation.

people who are 20 now were 12 in 2011. prime time for nostalgia. learn to count you actual brainlet

Are you sure the flame arm is equiped on the quickslot?

Attached: m5chkygmbls11.jpg (480x577, 10K)

Soulless rehashes

I have though. Prove my points wrong.

Not him but are you retarded?

Sekiro is the worst soulslikeish game we got so far.

Like, it has way less features than the other games, is less fun to play and basically why would you spend time on it when you could play superior DaS or BB instead

BB > DeS > Sekiro > DaS1 > DaS2 > DaS3

The other guys are retarded, you need to unlock the weapon art at the very end of the prosthetic skill tree, that's what let's you do that

Do you hate rpgs? Haven't played Sekiro, but 1 is the only games that does stats pretty well, pretty much everything is viable, STR, DEX, Agilityfag, Tank build, everything, DaS3 and 2 (with latest patches) feels like a Bloodborne copypasta since they removed every armor benefit cuz muh pvp faggots were crying so you'll only have 20-30% damage reduction with the heaviest stuff and no poise whatsoever, they also nerfed every single spell in the game after vanilla.

8 years is barely enough to be truly nostalgic for something

>4 times
fucking lel some minibosses took me 30 tries. Stop being a baby

>game focused on gameplay
>felt complete
what the fuck does that even mean? you either like the gameplay and want more or you dont

BB>Sekiro>DS2>DS3>DS1>DeS

jesus christ are you a baby who doesnt understand not everybody is as old as you?

Pre-2012 Bait Threads > Post-2012 Bait Threads

I was 19 when I played dark souls on release and I'm still nostalgic about it.

>Sekiro better than anything
No.

what a unique opinion

Attached: 1466405373321.png (636x773, 8K)

It's plenty of time when you're in your late teens now.

this

Nah there are themes in Dark Souls, reflected in the gameplay itself, and its final level ties them up so well that it would defeat the purpose to create a sequel. And from what I've seen, 2 and 3 literally just repeat those same themes with not much new or interesting

DS2>DS1=DS3>>>>>BB=Sekiro
The reality is sekiro and bloodborne are really similar. I.E they're fast but unintuitive dogshit that's painfully unfun and has awful lore, only difference between them is BB has an army of sony tards defending it because it's one of their 3 exclusives but sekiro has no such luxury

>1
>pretty much everything is viable
Lol
Just disregard the fact that the one thing 2 gets right is the most amount of viable build options

Gyoubu and Genichiro are fantastic fights
Butterfly can get fucked

>demons souls that high
nostalgia fag
BB>Sekiro>DS1>DS2>DES>>>>>>>>DS3

>Sekiro is the worst soulslikeish game we got so far.
>he couldn’t beat the previous games without summoning
I’m sorry user. You will git gud one day.

maybe you should play walking sims instead

Correct

Did you not play the second half of the game? There are barely any lovecraftian horror games out there, wouldnt call the setting cliche unless you cant get out of yharnum. The other dimension had great aesthetic, plenty of new enemies showed up in latter half of the game. Add the DLC it just doubled both these factors.

BB=DaS>Sekiro>DeS>DaS3>DaS2
Sekiro might get a bump with a DLC, I also haven't finished it yet but 2 bosses in particular are already best-of-the-series tier.

Attached: wahoo.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

How does that relate to what I said? The themes of Dark Souls are carried in its gameplay, namely struggling through enemies and reaching bonfires, dying and going back to bonfires, being a rotten corpse with limited resources to be aided online etc.

REEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: trap card.png (624x859, 842K)

Fuck your tier lists
The truth is From are at their best when they're doing a fresh IP
Demons and Dark Souls, Bloodborne, and Sekiro are miles better than those two garbage unnecessary DS sequels.

Sekiro also has by far the best gimmick boss. Not tedious, not annoying, but a cinematic fight that is just cool to do

>Wholesale ripping of Lovecraftian lore
>not cliche
...right. The other dimension does not have a great aesthetic, it's copypasted gravestones with a grey/brown palette and random assets stitched together. They could have done something really interesting with geometry if they wanted to go full Lovecraft but they didn't have the time or money to do so

Except that 2 and 3 are far better than 1 and DeS

BB > DS1 = Demon's > Sekiro > DS3 >>>>>>>> DS2

this but unironically

cringetastic post
ds2 did more things differently compared to ds1 than ds1 did to des

I agree with this. I'd like a proper expansion but I really don't want From to give it a sequel despite it being my second favorite.

Attached: Emma.png (482x610, 385K)

You werent here before 2016. The threads you read from r/Yea Forums arent what the entire site was like

I too like to imply things and argue against strawmen

I've done more SL1 runs than you could handle in a lifetime bitchboi twink

>DeS anywhere above DaS
pure hipster posturing. game was unpolished as fuck

sekiro doesn't belong on a soulsbourne list because it doesn't play like one

Demons> BB=ds1=sekiro>ds2>ds3

Attached: 1518463554681.jpg (1080x720, 141K)

op is literally correct

Attached: IMG_20190220_105530.jpg (597x597, 32K)

DaS>DaS3>Sekiro>BB>DaS2>DeS

While I agree with the rest, I'd put DaS1 below everything. Worst balance, the largest number of unfun cancer areas and ties with DaS2 for the blandest atmosphere. I have a feeling many people put it on pedestal just because it was their first Souls game.

anyone who puts demon souls above anything hasn't played that game in a long time

>skeiro doesn't belong on a soulsbourne list because it doesn't play like one
If FromSoftware didn't make Sekiro, how much people would call it a Soulslike?

No one on this fucking board has ever been more correct.

Des>the rest

They peaked at the first.

Demon's maybe but as a primary PCfag I have played BB and it really is the best imo

Sekiro is From's best work.

Sekiro has a lot of replaybility with just NG+ and all the upgrades you couldn't get in the first playthrough. Multiple endings too so it doesn't feel like you're just grinding for skills and upgrades.

>Hide behind a thick as fuck tree to backstab the guy that is walking towards it but turns around again long before he reaches me
>Suddenly he just sees through the tree and attacks
>Game is stealth-heavy while stealth doesn't even work half the time

Attached: ..png (825x960, 775K)

DaS2 is good and in its current state I'd rate it higher than 1. Before SotFS it apparently was much worse.

It is just that people either repeat retarded memes without having played it, or are casualshitters who are upset that you cannot circle strafe everything that's not tankable with your shield anymore.

It has some actual flaws, such as repetitive boss design, but other parts of the trilogy are flawed in different and worse ways.

>DeS anywhere above DaS
>pure hipster posturing. game was unpolished as fuck

So was DaS, except it also lacked atmosphere.

You sound like you'd like walking sims. "The game felt complete on itself" and "it doesn't need a sequel" are pretentious as fuck statements typical of people who like walking sims.

>DaS1
Best for a first time playthrough. Chock full of shit you can't believe you have to do. But, very, very easy to break. Very easy to get HUGE damage out of most builds and poise trivializes most bosses.
Score: 8/10
>DaS2
Animations and models are jarringly different and the whole thing seems clunky and slow compared to other entries. Combat is considerably less fun. Level design is nonsensical most of the time and on a first playthrough you'll go mad trying to figure out where to go or what to do. Also pretty easy to break. However, has the most content of the games, a better variety of spells and weapons, so if you can get used to the movement, very repayable. Also a more aesthetically pleasing setting.
Score: 5.5/10
>BB
Combat is very niche but certainly the fastest and most rewarding of skill and reaction. Each weapon is unique, and building a character around any one weapon will give a unique playthrough.
Level design flows very well, does a good job if making small zones seem larger.
Despite certain trick weapons having the issue of the untransformed form being trivial, still a solid title.
Score: 9/10
>DaS3
Tries to incorporate aspects of every title, mostly DaS1. DaS1 animations are back, more refined and with full control. Very hard to break. Poise is reworked, sorceries are nerfed, RTSR nerfed, miracles next to nonexistent. Pyro has Vestiges, but beyond that you can't get too OP without compromising safety. Level design works but is much less complex, and the game overall is more linear.
Score: 8.3/10

Didnt play DeS
Haven't played enough of Sekiro but st the time I can say it's not a souls game.

DS3 > DS1 > The Surge > DS2 > Sekiro

Attached: 1552159553750.jpg (727x727, 39K)

yeah it couldn't be that people actually enjoyed them, its those who haven't played them that know best

the amount of cognitive dissonance going on in PC players' heads is something to behold

Why is sekiro being compared to the souls series? You might as well include armored core and kings field too

On the contrary, I find that stealth works almost too well. Sometimes I can approach an enemy from the side and they still don’t notice me.

>DS3 above anything
Stopped reading there

DaS2>BB>DaS1>DeS>DaS3>Sekiro

Attached: firefox_2019-03-13_21-56-33.png (484x484, 397K)

Why are they pretentious statements? Seems like you're just being a judgemental little s o y. Have you never had a movie you really liked and then another sequel comes out and completely gets it wrong or just re-does the first one again? It's like that

kek, I thank god every day I'm not as retarded as you

Sekiro > BB > DaS3 > DaS2 > DaS1 > DeS

Yup, DaS 2 is all about quantity over quality.
In the design department it's worse than DaS1 in every aspect

This

Attached: Its+happening+devil+may+cry+5+memes+its+happening_dd9e7b_6639017.jpg (1200x957, 111K)

Sekiro > DeS > BB > DaS1 > DaS2 > DaS3

>It is just that people either repeat retarded memes without having played it, or are casualshitters who are upset that you cannot circle strafe everything that's not tankable with your shield anymore.

How fucking new are you to say shit like that ? It's been debated many times. Most issues concerned the shallow enemy design, branching world design instead of interconnected metriod-like in DS1, Soul memory, No red orb, garbage "co-op oriented" areas in DLCs, enemies often in packs to hide that most of them are shit to fight 1v1, shitty covenants, etc

this is factually correct.

different =/= better
and DaS2 is the proof of that

>DeS that high
It's a good game but it's incredibly short and full of gimmick bosses that lose their luster once you know how to kill them. I'm curious why it's ranked so high for you anons.

All the complaints I've seen about Sekiro remind of when everyone was whining about Bloodborne when that first came out so this is accurate

Mine() list is just New IP are equal(because they are different and have their good and bad sides) and better than old used already IP(that mostly even downgrades to original DS).

Why do people enjoy Sekiro?

Inferior combat, atmosphere and setting. No longevity, everyone plays the same wolf, no weapons no armor sets no worthwhile exploring. Stealth feels like a shoddily made afterthought.

This game has no soul.

Attached: Ptbw9yH.jpg (800x522, 48K)

because everything you said is wrong?

This, BB is not as good a game as the ps4 early adopters sunk-cost fallacyd themselves into thinking

What are some good ninja/samurai movies similar to sekiro? live action or not

honestly this
I think stuff like the Ogre's hitboxes is a legit complaint but most of the "issues" I've seen from people boils down to
>wahhh it plays like Dark Souls but is different enough that it messes with my muscle memory and I don't wanna learn :((((

Most of those stuff you mentioned proved that this game has soul. There is longevity though.

very accurate post

to me it felt like the dev heard what people wanted from a dark souls game, brutally difficult with slow intentional combat, and tried to make a game with those guidelines. but thats not what makes dark souls a good game. "dArK soULs iS HaRd" is really just a marketing meme

>Have you never had a movie you really liked and then another sequel comes out and completely gets it wrong or just re-does the first one again?
You could always completely ignore that movie. Dark Souls 2 was a bad Dark Souls game, but it still has it's quirks and I'm glad it happened, and most importantly Dark Souls 1 is still one of my favorite games of all time.

It's like people saying Bloodborne doesn't need a sequel because it was a complete game. Yes it was a damn good game, my favorite ever in fact, but if there was a sequel it has the potential (although slight) to be even better or just as good. If it does turn out to be bad Bloodborne 1 will still be there in all it's glory. A sequel being bad doesn't take anything out of the original thing.

i havent made it that far but I love it already. Yesterday i was eating shit to the fat guy with the poison, but after genichiro it's like i actually get the game now. he's basically like father gascoigne but placed at a better point in the game.

Also i think i unlocked some secret monk temple and some dude in full plate armour starts yelling about his son, goes down like a bitch right off the bridge, not taking a single point of damage and literally shakes the screen after a fall which had to at least last 20 seconds.. I love soulsborne, but no game other than sekiro would include an encounter like that.

Souls is punishing more than hard. The industry is really fucking dire when you have to look at a Souls game for challenge. It just shows how far other companies have fallen.

your Unseen percentage might not be good

>Most issues concerned the shallow enemy design,

See, one of these memes I was talking about.

>branching world design instead of interconnected metriod-like in DS1

Which was only relevant if you were rushing for items of power with a guide. If you played DS1 normally the much-praised first half of the game branched even less than DS2, and attempts to go in a direction where devs did not want you to go at first were punished by much stronger enemies.

>Soul memory,

Complaints about soul memory mostly boil down to it being too successful at preventing invader faggots from twinking.

>garbage "co-op oriented" areas in DLCs,

Not the game's fault that you're a casual who want to be extra content of extra content to be easy for some reason.

>enemies often in packs to hide that most of them are shit to fight 1v1,

2 had the highest number and variety of enemies that were individual threats of all DaS games, and the highest number and variety of NPC invaders too. The fact that you consider circle strafing everything that cannot be handled by your shield in DaS1 and staggerlocking everything (except maybe giant snakemen) in DaS3 to be superior speaks only of your taste.

yea no joke, super mario is just as hard as dark souls easily.

Ill add to this post that das2 is much less creative and enthralling with its world design as well. Dark soul's world was interesting around every corner, and it did really bizzarre stuff to what you might originally expect to be a plain medival setting
das2 was mainly boring tropes, and overall just seemed much less creative

now imagine if a group of the fanbase defended dmc2 as the best in the series
thats dark souls 2

BB > DaS > DS3 > DeS > Sekiro > Shit > DS2

Prove me wrong, faggots.

Attached: IMG_0003.gif (220x440, 102K)

if dark 2 and 3 aren't at the bottom the list it is wrong
the order of everything else hardly matters

>fuckton of upgrades
>multiple endings
>built in hard mode

Haven't gotten to this place yet, but isn't that deflectable?

>Camera is at fault for 90% of my deaths
It's a FromSoftware game alright

I don't currently have the patience to debate with a DS2fag but I'll just like to adress the Soul Memory thing.

Soul Memory fucks the entire online, not just twinks. Even if you're just PvPing at the bridge you're still getting souls and after some time you stop getting matched against the usual PvPfags that stop at level 150 and start getting matched against hex wielding Havel buttholes at level 400+ with 2 phantoms farming souls and hatemails from invaders.
Same goes for Co-Op. In DS1 you could make a character and stop at level 50 and you'd get constant Co-Op activity at Sen's Fortress, Ornstein & Smough, and even one of the four great ones. In DS2 you can't do that because after some time Co-Oping you get out of the usual SM range of people who are at that part of the game and be forced to move on to the next boss until you just can't match with anyone that isn't in NG+.

isn't Sekiro literally a baby game for babies?

Attached: 1527356676363.jpg (346x346, 18K)

Here's my shit contrarian opinion
DS1>DeS>DS2>>>>>>>>Sekiro>Bloodborne>>>>>DS3

well its shit, alright

It's better than Sekiro

Assassin's Creed and Bamham have a fuckton of upgrades too. Doesn't mean anything.

2 is a great game marred by sloppiness that made it appear lazy when really it was just unfinished.

The story is good, the environments are good, a lot of the bosses are good and the gimmicks are good.
If the lighting engine was left in the game it would have been simply amazing, you can tell a lot of the game was built around requiring torches.
That's why everything looks so flat like a PS2 game, it was never intended to be lit the way it was.

DS3 is a lot more polished but I felt it was a lot less interesting.

Dark Souls>Bloodborne>Demon's Souls>Dark Souls 3>Sekiro>Dark Souls 2

Attached: 1520428606374.png (1080x397, 830K)

demon souls > dark souls > bloodborne > dark souls 2 > dark souls 3 > sekiro

because as the first one it's the most original and with less rehashed ideas

it's 2019 and sekiro still has demon souls recycled sounds and animations, fucking cringe

it's a the only souls game where leveling up does SOMETHING other than boost damage and a proper DnD dungeon crawler

naturally it makes roll babbys seethe just like sekiro

I started with Bloodborne and now Sekiro
hope that doesn't ruin Dark Souls for me when I finally get to play them

Attached: 1552532676346.png (680x496, 492K)

It's better than Dark Souls 2 and 3 but nowhere near as good as Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 and Bloodborne.

>"dArK soULs iS HaRd" is really just a marketing meme

funny because sekiro is literally dark souls 2 but faster and with less combat options, the only difference is the levels look prettier since the development wasn't gutted

Just beat geni on NG+ as my 2nd full boss. Criticisms:
1. Combat ideas are interesting, but implemented poorly. In boss fights the dance of managing an enemy's vitality and posture becomes a tedious means for From to overbloat a traditional healthbar. The final boss especially seems to take awhile to put down. The other thing is that an action game should be precise. After all these games from still doesn't know how to make a game challenging without peppering it with glaring issues such as bad attack tracking animations.
2. I feel like the whole bug thing didn't really go anywhere. Also anons seemed to imply there was a cool bloodborne type twist where everything changes. This doesn't really happen, and in fact Sekiro is probably the most straight forward of From's games. The setting never wildly deviates from where it begins. This makes revisiting levels kind of boring. Because the setting is boring.
3. The only truly enjoyable bosses were the final boss, horse rider dude, the ape, genichiro, corrupt monk and lady butterfly imo. Boss quality overall isn't very good. I'm hoping DLC fixes this. Also wtf was with the fountain head boss? It was like a greatest hits of From gimmick fights.
4. Stealth needs work. I'd like it to be possible to do the entire game (except maybe bosses) with stealth like a real shinobi. There are some places where enemies can see you for miles even if you use the invisibility candy. Pretty disappointing.

Sekiro has all the ingredients to be the GOAT ninja game but keeps fucking up the execution. I'd rather Team Ninja do a ninja gaiden in this style - I can atleast trust them to make combat consistently engaging and fun with challenge but not tedium. From doesn't have action game expertise inhouse and it shows. They're great at level design and world building though. Also puppet jutsu is the best thing in the game, and it even works on mini bosses.

Overall rating: 8/10. Not the best game this year, and not the best ninja game. Good though.

Attached: dcn45ac3xzwy.jpg (1374x1031, 125K)

Why the fuck do I get dragon rot even if I dont res?

All deaths count.

I find bloodborne to be kinda overrated. I enjoyed ds3 more. Even ds2 is great people love to shit on it

Right so everyone with an actual sense of taste and appreciation for things that are good in this thread, who does have functional retardation, is in agreement then: BB=DeS>Sekiro>DaS1=DaS2=DaS3

Please take care before you respond to consider how retarded you sound when you continue the DaS1 best just because it was the first you played and DaS2 bad becaue B team memes.

And for DLC, Old Hunters>Ringed City>Artorias>Ariandel>Ivory>Iron>Sunken

Attached: 5hj1TOt.jpg (1923x1080, 204K)

Wait what, so theres no reason not to res?

I agree with the ranking but your post is zoomer cringe

NA never got the GOTA ninja game. It was developed by Acquire, not From.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 46K)

Sekiro=DS=BB>DeS>DS3>>>DS2

Attached: SifDarkSouls.jpg (1920x1080, 291K)

If you res and die again that counts as an additional death, so you risk even more dragon rot if you res in a situation you can't win anyway. It's useful if you can leave the situation to keep your xp. If you can get a few deathblows you can even refill your resurrections so it might be a decent way to stay alive.

Reminder that anyone who puts Demon's Souls above anything other than Dark Souls 2 can be written off as a shitter trying to be edgy.

Attached: 1386910881711.jpg (445x454, 57K)

nah It's a manly game for manly men

bet you never even played it

>Like 6 Souls games that are the same game
>A Georgian reskin of Souls games on a literalwho console
>A ninja sequel that actually changes the gameplay a bit
People will rank this

You only get dragonrot from dying, resurrecting doesn't count.

If they're still around they should try making something. With the success of DMC5 Team Ninja is probably interested in revisiting a NG action game instead of something more open like Sekiro, so it'd be nice to have another studio handle that.

Tbh I want a ninja resurgence in games like what we had with zombies.

>managing an enemy's vitality and posture becomes a tedious means for From to overbloat a traditional healthbar.
As opposed to what? More numbers? Posture punishes you for not being aggressive enough, if its taking too long then maybe youre doing something wrong.

why would you put ds2 anywhere but last place

They're all shit that just recycles the same engines or assets over and over and retards like you will still buy it for some reason? Don't you get tired of playing the same fucking game over and over?

Opinion on DeS as an idort is I had the fondest experience playing it of all these games, and it genuinely felt like everyone limited to PC and 360 only were missing out. When DaS1 was hailed as the greatest thing ever it felt like "yeah, I know, it was the greatest thing ever when it was DeS on PS3"

Sure posture punishes you for not being aggressive, but there's also no reasonable way to build it up on many bosses without first doing significant vitality damage. Multiply that by however many healthbars they have and you have a reasonable amount of artificial lengthening.

dragon's dogma > all from shit

I haven't?

Attached: wrong.jpg (2656x1328, 1.63M)

I think Acquire are making Octopath Traveller these days but all the Way of the Samurai engine games they made for PS2/PS3, and the original Tenchu games for PSOne, were fantastic.

Want another NG but not sure I trust Tecmo Koei as a publisher any more after their handling of everything in the DoA series and every musou.

Meaningful phases
Disabling problematic moves the boss has.
Weaknesses/Strengths to different weapons/elements
Weaknesses/Strengths to different builds
Using the environment.
Having actions taken beforehand in the area, or other areas, that change the nature of the fight.

You know, all the techniques the soul series has already used precisely to avoid every fight being the same. There's a bit of it in Sekiro but it ends up more like Megaman where one Proshetic tool is kinda good and nothing else makes a different.

Sekiro is a masterclass in creating problems already solved in previous entries.

>muh customization

lmao based retards can't play a game where they can't cheese to death with OP shit like Black Knight Halberd/Red Iron Twinblades/Sellsword Twinblades

This proves nothing I'm going to need you to live stream the game on twitch and post a 1 hour minimum critical analysis video to youtube or fuck everything you say.

I don't think the customization shit is important. Sekiro really isn't trying to be a souls game. It's fundamentally a ninja game with a pretty straight forward story about duty and shit.

>Just become an alcoholic for instakilll superpowers bro
Really From?

Attached: Sekiro-Beat-Juzou-the-Drunkard-1-780x405.jpg (780x405, 38K)

I never did that, but evidently you know all about it :^)

I want to wear what the tengu man in the castle is wearing, not this fucking Naruto coat.

Sekiro > BB > DeS > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2

it won't.
BB is a masterpiece but it's very different to Dark Souls.

BB >= Sekiro >= DS1 > DeS > DS2 > DS3

Agreed, 2 was set to be one of the best in the series and the darkest of the souls games. Sadly it is obvious how much was unfinished and the horrendous decision to full bright the game make it one of the worst in the eyes of most. I still like tho.

Do you get a lot of dragon rot cure things? Or should I use then sparely

>The only truly enjoyable bosses were the final boss, horse rider dude, the ape, genichiro, corrupt monk and lady butterfly imo. Boss quality overall isn't very good
Opinion discarded. You are a fucking retard with no taste.

HARD MEANS GOOD
YES THAT IS HOW IT WORKS
THEREFORE A GAME THAT IS UNPLAYABLY HARD IS THE BEST GAME EVER MADE
GET TO IT FROM

Attached: 1516672869246.png (574x637, 32K)

This thread is fucking pointless because 90% of people on this board still haven't even finished it

should i not worry about dying and causing rot if later on i can grind cures and cure everyone? or am i going to lock myself out of any content permanently if i die too much?

fuck this fat cunt
cheesed him with the NPC and don't even feel bad about it.

Attached: 1328034931269.png (424x470, 139K)

Sekiro's combat system is so much fun compared to the other souls games. Also, fuck off nostalgiafags with your Dark Souls 1 shit, that game was clunky and unfun.

>unplayably hard
>can't grind to 99vitality before fighting 2nd boss
Unironically get gud faggot

Attached: 1553180009404.jpg (1202x900, 125K)

If it was actually a ninja game with a straight forward story, it wouldn't have arbitrary punishment for death mechanics, and the main character would actually be interesting. NPCs would be animated and conversations would be more interactive. The sound effects would be different as well, there are alot of recycled foley effects direct from Souls.

What's more there's no weight or intrigue to anything you do, there's no overarching theme and any kind of "burden" or "duty" is a lightweight sprinkling. There's no real backstory or worldbuilding to find because there's no medium by which that can be conveyed - which was, as it happens, the weapons, armor and spells you found.

The problem is that this game is too much like Dark Souls, not plugging the gaps that are created when you remove core concepts of that genre, and not embracing its nature as an arcadey game which would be way more enjoyable.

That guy dies before I even got rid of the other enemies
And if I keep fatboy busy he dies to the minor enemies instead

The game gets pretty easy after your 2nd real boss (usually butterfly or genichiro). So you can just pop one then. You shouldn't die much after that. From my count you should find at least 7 per playthrough.

Where do I get all these anal beads before the 2nd boss?

>post yfw when you realised who the demon of hatred is

Attached: 1550005446175.jpg (1024x853, 79K)

BB > DeS > Sekiro > Nothing worth mentioning

Okay, name some good bosses.

Anyone who doesn't put DS2 at the bottom is automatically wrong.

I don't think you can grind cures but there are a lot of them.

They drop on mini bosses sorry still gotta get gud

>name any boss
>lol its shit
Not gonna play this autistic game

Lost Sinner alone is a tragedy for not having that lighting.
It would have been so fucking good.

Attached: 1545871973240.jpg (1000x400, 125K)

You aren't thinking scummily enough.

You can take stealth kill all the mooks then run away and reset their aggro, rinse and repeat until they're all gone. Stealth Deathblow the fatty and THEN talk to the Samurai and you can both gank him.

Wow great non-argument. This retard is scared of arguing on the internet.

I didn't like BB and DS1, will I like Sekiro? The combat looks so much more fun and also faster in this game

DS3 = Bloodborne > Sekiro > DS2 > DeS > DS
My opinion is objectively right

you wana know how I can tell you never played the game before?

Maybe?

It's more comparable to Nioh or Ninja Gaiden and if you like quick, reaction-based gameplay you'll probably get something out of it.

you just proved him right idiot lmao

>has DS2 first
>expects anyone to take his opinion seriously

Big Brain Take: You will have experienced everything From has to offer by playing DaS, BB, and Sekiro. Thus, those 3 games are the only ones that really matter

DS2 and Sekiro honestly feel similar in how they are different and make bafflingly stupid decisions, but you can still find good in them.

DS1 and Bloodborne feel similar in how they are actually good sequels to an earlier game.

DS3 is well polished but lacks soul, and DeS is all soul with no polish.

Quick and reaction based is a bit generous for Sekiro. Is it closer to ninja gaiden than souls? Sure, but it doesn't require as precise timing either. It's closer to something like MGR with fuckhuge windows for timing. Lets not do a disservice to games that require actual precise frame timing here.

I can get behind this 100%

Are there any cosmetic mods yet? I hate the orange coat.

if they make another armored core I wonder if they'll start bitching about how there isnt i-frames and how its the worst souls game yet

so you never played the game? ok

Perhaps, but I feel like you need to tell people that this is nothing like Souls.

MGR isn't really a good comparison because it runs well and actually responds to your button presses, unlike Sekiro which wants you to play fast placed with sluggish input delay on everything.

youre only saying BB is better because youre hoping itll trick people into buying a ps4

What if they give you a dedicated button to Parry but it has no parry frames?
Then when people say "why doesn't parry work" you can just tell people to git gud and stop relying on functional mechanics.

That would show em.

youre only saying sekiro is better because it's on PC and you never got to play BB

Isnt there a sculpture near the bull?

Jesus how much of a faggot can one man be?

Don't really think you can compare Sekiro to the rest. BB is basically DaS with different flavour, but Sekiro is vastly different.

Dark Souls 3 and even 2 are way better and more fun than Sekiro.

DkS2 is better than Sekiro, so....

This very much. DaS3 is the best imo, while DaS2 is slightly better than DaS. DeS was great because it was the first time I played a game like that, but in the end I'd rather replay DaS3. Then BB came and took what makes Souls great and did its own thing with it and nailed it completely. Now Sekiro takes some love from the previous games, but does something completely different with it.

dumbass

You really don't see it coming as well as in the webm when you first visit it. It's probably deflectable.

DS2 requires you to summon allies to further their quest lines, so shitters who need summons to get through the game regardless aren’t bothered by this and rank it highly.

So where would Sekirofags fit on this list?

From is at their best when theyre trying something different DeS, BB, and Sekiro stand out because of this. Das1-3 are still good but they rehash so much shit from DeS which is a testament to how good it was. Here's to hoping they do other weird settings, like a Western or a futuristic one

Dark Souls 3 was basically everything that worked in previous games rolled into one, therefore it’s the only one you need to play.

I literally had to look up who that is, because I couldn't remember him. How the fuck did you get past the shinobi hunter, but struggle with this guy?

Jesus christ I'm seething, where to start.

You mean Tenchu obviously, not Tenchi.

Tenchu 1 and 2 were, gameplay wise, the best in the series. They were made by Acquire, not From.

From got licensed to make further, increasingly janky Tenchu sequels for PS2 and X360 that never captured the same precision, feel and polish of the first two PS1 Tenchu games.

Acquire would carry on making Tenchu games, just unlicensed as Shinobido for PS2 and Vita.

We DON'T talk about Tenchu 4.

Sekiro, in every respect, is CLEARLY derivatie and iterative on the Kings Field/Demons Souls/Dark Souls/Bloodbourne games.

The feudal japan/shinobi themes and art are the only thing Sekiro shares with Tenchu.

Everything, from stealth, movement, enemy engagement, is CLEARLY not taken from Tenchu.

Fucker just looks at the grappling system for fuck's sake.

Everything about combat, progression, character systems etc, IS taken from Soulsbourne.

In conclusion, you are an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Well I just beat Sekiro and I wouldnt compare it to the other games exactly, but I like it the most because its the most different. Ive played them all religiously, but for different reasons. Mostly pvp. Sekiro offers good swordplay, skill based gameplay that isnt just spamming the roll and much to the dismay of people who think deflect is the same thing, if you exclusively just deflect your going to die within about 5 seconds of any boss/miniboss because of non-deflectable attacks like sweeps that you need to jump, or thrusts or attacks that are hard to parry because they come out so quick, or grabs. All of which are about 50% of any given miniboss/bosses moveset.

Compare it to all the souls games where I just press roll to avoid damage, if souls games were really enjoyable rhythm games with one button, sekiro is a really enjoyable rhythm game with three.

Its hard as shit and theres no consistent cheese, except maybe firecracker spam but that only gets you maybe 3/4ths down one posture bar of many on specific minibosses.

Sekiro is the best experience out of all of them for me, and Ive got about 1500 hours on the other games total.

Play them in order. You'll notice a definite grow in quality.

Bloodborne > first half of DS1 > DS3 > Sekiro > DeS > second half of DS1 > DS2

This is fact.

I think Sekiro is better than Dark Souls but I do appreciate the fact that you recognize one half of DaS1 is shit and the other is great.

I'm on NG+2 now and starting to gather a laundry list of complaints about Sekiro

Once the honeymoon period is over I think people will mostly regard this as being one of From's lesser games

But DS3 is the worst and most soulless game.

>Surge
What's next, Lord's of the fallen?

You dodge aside with dodge. You don't need i-frames you brainlet, you need to get out of danger by timing your dodge correctly.

There aren't that many mini bosses before the 2nd boss

Ne-oh

cool buzzwords bro

>that lose their luster once you know how to kill them.
That's every boss. Gimmick bosses give a game variety, when you don't have boss variety you get Dark Souls 3.

Objective tier list has already been made ITT;

I actually agree with you. I have felt the prosthetic just feels gimmicky and is not that useful. Outside of that I probably won't be replaying more then maybe one or two more times. Souls kept me coming back. That being said I like Sekiro. I just dont think it is nearly as repayable.

Define 2nd boss. You can explore a lot in this game and do it out of order. My 2nd boss on both NG and NG+ were Genichiro.

>Minibosses are way more difficult than actual bosses
Their roles are pretty much reversed

So it's just a shittier parry, instead of a repositioning tool to deal with flailing retard enemies. Its speed and distance is too low to deal with most attacks and you don't even get i-frames to use it offensively.

So what's the point? Why is it in the game?

>DS2 and Sekiro honestly feel similar in how they are different and make bafflingly stupid decisions, but you can still find good in them.
not even close retard, DS2 is a total mess from start to end.

Dumbass frogposter

You can throw the “soulless” meme at it all you want but the reality is that Dark Souls 3 is the only From game with no major flaws, it is the most polished and consistent in quality and there’s nothing you fags can do about that.

DS2 has alot of unique stuff going for it. It feels like an oldschool action RPG with lots of varied environments, and it's huge too. It feels like it has more "lategame" than other Souls games with all the crazy huge stat requirements on weapons/spells, so it takes a long time before you actually reach a plateau.

The problem is it's a shitty Souls game and commits its fair share of sins (Adaptability, Lighting, Animations etc.) and had to compare to a tighter, more focused DS1 before it.
In its own right it's still a fun game, rough round the edges but it has its own soul. I kinda want a sequel to it set in Drangleic and with more of the King's Field/Shadow Tower aesthetic it drew from.

Sekiro is basically the opposite of DS3 as its tightly focused and bereft of content.

whats the major flaw with BB?

Forest, Wharf and Copse are pretty solid areas. Pursuer is a neat concept. Omnidirectional rolling goes without saying. The overwhelming amount of reskinned weapons is nice to have even if 99,7% of movesets are complete garbage. Same with the ugly armor sets. It's just impossible to enjoy these between the shit sandwich that DaS2 is, people go on about it being a bad Souls game when in reality it's a bad action RPG game altogether, and we're talking about a genre with rock bottom standards.

>Boot up new armored core
>It's the same DS/BB/Sekiro menu but with sci-fi colored buttons
Ooooooh boy

>Wholesale ripping of Lovecraftian lore
you sound like a fucking retarded mouthbreather, lovecraft didnt invent aliens, other dimensions or even his own fucking monsters seeing as how he maybe described one or two of them and literally everything from software put in bloodborne is unique and not something lifted from muh cthulhu mythos

being inspired by lovecraft is about as much "ripping off" as any other author doing high fantasy "rips off" tolkien who had his own influences, youre just too fucking stupid to conceive that lovecraft is the most popular figurehead of a niche subgenre

No performance patch on PS4 pro
That's literally it
I'll even give them the base PS4 24fps dips (later more like 28) because the game looked great and was released in the beginning of it's lifetime
Maybe cut Chalice dungeon content? Some B team levels? It's hard to fault BB without comparing it to DS which shouldn't be done anyway
It stands up on it's own, unfortunately Sekiro doesn't

Guns being useless except for parrying? I feel like BB is pretty consistently great outside of half-assed boss fights like Rom, One Reborn and the guy with the cage

I guess that depends on your definition of a gimmick. Every boss has its traits and movesets and shit you need to learn to beat it, but I think of that as different to something like Adjudicator in DeS or Yhorm in DaS3 where there is one clear thing you have to do progress.
>because as the first one it's the most original and with less rehashed ideas
I'd take more content over originality, for the most part, but I get your point.

Lol kys fag

Attached: 1553208015725.jpg (682x900, 112K)

Stormbringer isn't the only way ot beat Yhorm, you know.

Sounds like you need more BOOM in your heart. Embrace the Powder Kegs.

What's your opinion of people playing offline with the retail disk v1 and glitching through the iosefkas fence to get to the Chikage at lowest levels possible (skipping some bosses) and then twinking pvp?

I'm on NG+ and things don't really feel different other than standard lazy From shit like more HP/more damage for enemies.

Wow, it works on a technical level better than the other ones, what an accomplishment. Doesn't change that it has a really boring world layout, sucks off DS1 even worse than DS2 did, and in general just feels like it made the series formulaic at that point. There's just nothing special about it like with the other games. It's the first Souls game I played that just felt like "Yep, that was a Souls game." As if it was just the yearly CoD coming out

this

DaS > BB = DaS3 > DeS >> Sekiro >>>> DaS2

Attached: 1552336132730.jpg (1024x1023, 69K)

Reminds me of some boss from tenchu. I'll never remember who because it was the 90s but there was a fat guy who spits poison on his weapons (I think they were fish)

I unironcally enjoyed Dark Souls 2 more.

Santier's Spear best waifu.

Don't care since it seems like such a minuscule thing to complain about. I have literally never co-op'd in these games, and have been invaded only a handful of times combined in all of DaS1, 3 and BB. Never got invaded in BB since I played online on launch day, and the bell system basically killed invasions outside of 1-2 areas where the bell ladies spawn.

The progression from Walls->Undead Settlement->Road of Sacrifices is so boring too. At that point you also only have two forks to go aswell

That list is so incredibly random I can't picture your preferences.

here are the actual rankings
BB>DaS1>DeS>Sekiro>DaS3>DaS2

I like you

I'm ranking these based purely on entertainment value, Sekiro isn't a souls game and its pretty clear:

BB > Sekiro > first half of DaS1 > DeS > DaS3 > rest of DaS1

haven't played 2

Half of the BB weapons are unobtainable until you're later into the game/dlc so you have to wait until ng+ do do playthroughs with, for example, the bloodletter or scythe.

All the Kurosawa samurai flicks are pretty dope.

wrong

Why do you think it's random?

Not the user you replied to, but this entire thread is a testament to the power of sequels to color peoples’ perceptions of a series. Maybe you don’t feel that way, but a lot of people in this thread are retroactively rating the individual games based on how they stack up in the series as a whole.

I have and owned BB you dumbass

I think I’m around this point. Left the bull alone to go do Hirata for a bit. As soon as I came back I beat him and it felt like Ashina castle opened up quite a bit. Excited to explore my options when I get off work.

Hon Gil Dong (north korean one)
Any of Kurosawa's movies
Taboo
Zatoichi

This

good taste

Honestly, this. I like those games, but From really impresses with the creativity in their new IPs.

post trophies or it doesn't prove anything

putting DS2 that low

kill yourselves

Blade of the Immortal, 13 Assassins, Yojimbo and Sanjuro, Seven Samurai, Versus, Zatoichi

>You explore and find nothing
>You kill bosses and you get nothing
Factually wrong

It can't be for bosses because DaS is lacking and you equated 3 to BB. It can't be for level design because you value 3 over DeS. It can't be for level interconnection as you value 3 at all. It can't be for PvP because they're all terrible but BB and DaS3 take the cake. I'm drawing blanks here, are you a lorefag or something?

>sekichad
>doesn't care about fitting on the list
>just plays the game

In my opinion it’s the fact that healing and parrying is done with consumable items that must be farmed, the lack of good NPC interactions which made the world feel emptier, essentially no invasions and bad PvP, and of course performance issues on PS4. Bloodborne is my favourite btw but it is flawed.

Yes it refined the formula to the point where it couldn’t be improved further, that literally is an accomplishment. How did it make the series formulaic when it was the first game that got to this point?

don't mind him he's just a shitposter that never played the game

Am I the only one who feels like when playing ANY Fromsoft game, they all feel exactly the same?
Like, the overall feel of the games doesn't ever change, no matter the environment, the time period, it's all carbon copies of each other on a fundamental level, it's like the engine hasn't changed for a decade, assets are frequently recycled, only the graphics have gotten better

Attached: images.png (225x225, 4K)

DaS1 > Bloodborne > Sekiro > DeS > DaS3 >>>> DaS2.
I'm really enjoying Sekiro guys

Its because they use the same kind of targeting and control schemes. Like Zelda OoT, MM, WW and TP because of the way Z-targeting combat works and the various dodges, backflip, jump attacks etc work.

In this thread we list things that make Dark Souls 2 the best Souls game. I'll start:

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

Who is the shinobi hunter? Is that the first "boss"? I just insta died to him and the sculptor dragged me back to a temple

In this thread we list things that you need to be aware of. I'll start:
>HBomberGuy has a micropenis that only he has ever touched

Most of you retards putting DS2 at the bottom didn't even play it.

The list is how my opinion of them as a whole stack up, and honestly the first 3 could easily change places. Perhaps I rate DaS1 so high because of nostalgiafagging

Combat
BB > DaS3 > DaS1 > DeS > Sekiro > DaS2(I probably should go back and play this one again, I was pretty sour on it when it released)
World
DaS(First half) > DES ≥ BB > Sekiro > DaS3 > DaS2 > DaS(2nd half)
Lore
>I don't know, I just hit buttons
Weapons
DaS3 > DaS1 > BB > Sekiro(Including prosthetic arm) > DaS2(again, need to play it more)
Bosses
BB > DaS3 > DeS ≥ DaS1 > Sekiro > DaS2(The last 2 could switch place, maybe)

Please enjoy my trash opinion, thanks for reading

This pasta forgets to mention the roll distance being reliant on weight making playing on low weight even more advantageous than all the other games that made heavy weight characters worthless. It also exposes DaS2fags as dumb faggots by being mostly PvP sided yet failing to mention how it killed invasions with soul memory and limited orbs, instead pushing for duel cancer and missing the very point of online in the series.

I've got 244 hours in DS2 and I still think it's the worst by far.

That doesn't mean it's a particularly bad game, I'd still rate it higher than most non-souls games.

Yeah, it is. You're a bunch of fanboys defending a series that doesn't even really exist beyond DeS and DaS.

bait

>no longevity
This is the biggest one for me. Every fight requires the same choice: parrying. Maybe you use your retarded Hunter-tool rehashes but that's it. Every person who plays this game will play it exactly the same. Maybe some will use a little more stealth than others (i.e: cheese the game) but otherwise the bosses will all be fought the same.

Gone are different builds focusing on different weapons.

Gone are specializing armor sets to the fight.

Gone are spells and actually interesting items.

>Gone are specializing armor sets to the fight.
That never happened outside cheesing bosses. In fact, all the previous games encouraged getting naked for better stamina regen and roll distance. Even builds were a joke when you boil them down to 4 specific types due to how rigid softcaps are.

I expected that response

Attached: kek.jpg (189x198, 8K)

Reminder that Armored Core V released after Souls had gained popularity. It... wasn’t very good.

If this game is difficult for Souls veterans, then what must it be like to be playing Sekiro without having played any other of From's games?

I mean, at least in Souls you could use a shield until you get a hang of dodging. At least you could farm up souls to over level yourself if you're having a tough time with a boss. At least parrying ISN'T REQUIRED to beat the game. At least healing items were plentiful.

Sekiro is so unforgiving that it borders on self-parody. New players are going to give up at the Chained Ogre. It's poor game design and no amount of "Hard = good" will rectify it.

Attached: 1538188680588.jpg (753x595, 23K)

BB consisted entirely of plebfilters but was actually fun to play
In a world without BB, sekiro would be acceptable, not only do we not live in that world, they're made by the same people ffs

How is this game so divisive? I've seen so many differing opinions. Is it good or not? Yes or no.

Attached: falco.jpg (250x300, 15K)

Shields in Souls were a mistake. Even at their worst they still make a joke out of enemies and require zero timing.

Why are you fags ranking sekiro with games from a different series? Might as well add armored core to you lists.

Why is that only an issue now when BB started that trend?

I'm dogshit at souls games but I'm finding sekiro to be piss easy. I'm enjoying it way more than I've ever enjoyed a souls game simply because it doesn't feel tedious and slow.

If you want Ninja Gaiden mixed with Bloodborne, then yes it's good

If you don't want that, then fucking no. It's not good. It's probably the most poorly designed since DS2. The entire stealth system was a mistake from the start; the entire movement system was a mistake because it makes running away even easier than in past games. The parrying system is only fun if you enjoy parrying. If you enjoy dodging then this game isn't for you. has no replay value either, but no one is allowed to talk about that

90% of bloodborne's mechanics are copy pasted from soulsshit. If it had rolling and shields it would be practically indistinguishable from dark souls aside from the setting.

>f you want Ninja Gaiden mixed with Bloodborne
?

Attached: nioh.jpg (220x243, 19K)

Play the game

Maybe

Play the game

Attached: FromSoftware Tier.png (770x845, 381K)

>90% of bloodborne's mechanics are copy pasted from soulsshit.
So are Sekiro's. Again, why do you only take issue with it now?

Why the fuck does From always stop giving a shit like halfway through their games?

DS1's latter section would be so easy to fix if they just adjusted the soul level of whichever of the four zones you have left, so you always have a steady climb no matter what you want to fight first. Easy fucking solution!

Oh, and maybe make Lost Izalith not a massive pile of shit

Attached: 1433709610437.jpg (600x800, 26K)

Play it and find it.
It does nothing for me though.
Feels unsatisfying to play, half-assed areas and bosses, wonky animations, and it looks like garbage. Also, to roll well, you need to level the ADP stat. Dark Souls 2 has the worst hitboxes out of all the Souls games, which means that you HAVE to level that stat. There's no room for spacing, positioning, circling, etc. You just roll and hit, and to get good rolls, you need a lot of ADP.
Just play it yourself.

It's because the majority of people going into it are expecting it to be dark souls because it's a from soft game and they're finding it's completely different.

>completely different
lmao

BB was about 90% the same as DS, just a different healing system and dodge system

Sekiro is still 80% the same.

>So are Sekiro's
Not at all. Idols are similar to bonfires but beyond that there's barely any similarities. You could argue losing things on death is a similarity but that's already been present in many games prior to the souls fad.

It's a good concept but they made it too difficult to be enjoyable.

I'm not understanding the level design. Am I meant to just bypass as the trash by jumping everywhere? Why would I bother fighting any non boss enemies?

>Why would I bother fighting any non boss enemies?

Because mini-bosses always spawn with an entourage of jabroni's you have to kill over and over. Otherwise you're entirely right. The game design incentivizes avoiding enemies more than it does fighting.

Exp. If you kill nothing you won't get any skills. Not that you need any other than mikiri counter.

Demon's Souls
>Best variety of bosses
>Best 'story' / characters

Dark Souls
>Best world design
>Best first half of any game ever

Dark Souls 2
>Best DLC

Bloodborne
>Best atmosphere
>Best combat
>Best running at 8 fucking fps where's my emulated version that shit was brutal

Dark Souls 3
>Best level design
>Best combat-centric bosses

Sekiro
>Best mobility and general movement

This is my personal subjective opinion.
I've enjoyed Sekiro so far, but it's difficult to rank what is basically a stealth game against the rest.

Attached: 1523584106521.jpg (1200x967, 611K)

>The game design incentivizes avoiding enemies more than it does fighting.
That's generally the case in stealth games. Dishonored and metal gear even reward you for being pacifist.

you can't stealth bosses fuckwit, the game is about fighting with stealth tacked on

Personally I wouldn't even rank sekiro with the souls games. It feels closer to MGR than any souls game.

cringe

>you can't stealth bosses fuckwit
You're joining right?
And why does that matter when both of the games I mentioned have boss fights as well?

Not quite following. How does a stealth game that amounts to 'parry + run past everything' similar to a game where you slice a massive mech to shreds in the tutorial?

If I enjoy Bloodborne > Dark Souls will I enjoy Sekiro?

We genuinely shouldn't be comparing Sekiro to any of these games. It's closer to Tenchu Z than it is to a Souls game.

Attached: Jane-0.png (250x400, 84K)

Never played Tenchu. Any comparisons I may be familiar with?

>both games' combat revolves around parrying and mashing attacks between parries
>both games have stealth mechanics and stealth kills
>both games reward you for finishing off an enemy with a deathblow/zandatsu
If you can't see the similarities you haven't played one or both.

Why even bother exploring? All I ever find is those sugar buffs and other junk I will probably never use.

I don't know I guess souls games had this too to some extent but at least you could find different armors and weapons. This game has absolutely nothing.

if you like from software games you are pathetic regardless

Attached: lol.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

Most likely not if that's what you go in expecting. It's very different.

I can barely move my fingers except for two and I'm not having too much trouble with the game.
Anons unironically need to git gud

Alright. Because I've already heard pundits like Jim Sterling saying it's not fun.

that's why this thread exists right, retard?

Difficult to think of another off the top of my head, but if nothing else, it is certainly a stealth game. Maybe look up a video of Tenchu Z if you get the chance. It's a From game.

You CAN combat your way through, but it clearly wants you to take out as many enemies as you can without being spotted, or go right past them. When you DO engage in combat, you can often grapple hook away until they don't know where you are, and go back to stealthing them.

I'm not trying to downplay the combat, I'm just saying this is how I've found success while playing, and what I feel the game has tried to teach me.

Attached: RqZ0Agn.jpg (960x504, 70K)

What's the point of all the prosthetics even? I feel like they are way too slow and really not powerful at all. Just tried getting fancy with them in the rematch with the dude from the prologue, but they're too slow for enemies that fast and they feel so underwhelming. I had a much easier time just parrying and mashing r1.

Meh.

Honestly it feels to me like it's the type of game where certain people will be good at it and enjoy it while others won't, much like the souls games, and a lot of people are going in expecting their accumulated skill at souls games to carry them through when it's a game that requires a much different play style.

Yes it is. I cannot in a million years fathom how these people can say otherwise. In a game with great combat and great bosses it has neither.

Jarring really

I've only heard praise for it on Yea Forums

Attached: 1553430655177.gif (320x289, 1.12M)

They are basically weapons arts from DS3 - fancy, but completely useless.

Everyone here is wrong, just stfu and don't even (You) me. Here's the REAL list:
Demon Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Sekiro > BB > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3

>ds2 above anything

Attached: 1531060493012.jpg (574x413, 83K)

Alright you've convinced me.

Different prosthetics work better in different situations, for example: drunkard staggers really hard against fire, bull staggers against the axe, anyone that jumps or is in the air will be weak against shurikens.
Personally I used the shurikens on Genichiro because they land you free damage whenever he uses his bow and the RT->RB skill lets you keep pressure when he tries running, not to mention stunning him out of every jump attack.

Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Sekiro

Ds2 > des > ds1 ~ bb > ds3
Sekiro isnt a souls game

Attached: 74b76f2c5ee9e76d95ad3e9173c86e13.jpg (531x650, 42K)

>That moment when the protaganist dies and looks at the screen and goes "Truly, shadows die twice©™"
What did he mean by this?

he means shove it up your fuckin ass

You are right

It is if you were 12 eight years ago.

this

What a shit list constructed by either a child or a noob

It's not really a pasta, it's my honest opinion. I wrote it myself and I can't be bothered to type out my points every time you plebs bandwagon hate DS2 despite the fact it sold the least of every Souls so people who post their rankings most likely never even played it.

see

just got to the castle and I don't know where the fuck to go, there are at least 3 paths I can take

wrong

Brainlets. Firecrackers and feathers are great for creating openings.

DS2 is fucking dogshit and should be placed at the bottom in any reasonable tier-list. Prove me wrong faggots.

>best dlc
i'd give that to bloodborne
i'd also say bloodborne has the best bosses
best lore is dark souls
dark souls 2 has best pvp

Its really different from Souls while also being one of the hardest games they've ever made. It seems like it was made to be divisive.

Saying Sekiro is better compared to Tenchu than Soulsbourne is some mental gymnastics senpai. Like saying Bayonetta should be compared to Bullet Witch instead of DMC. Are you dense or just baiting?

Sekiro could really do with some fashion though. Just because it's a set character it doesn't mean he has to wear the same rags all game.

t. barbie's island resort dress up

k

post playtime

I feel weird slaughtering all of these monks. Will the next From game be a school shooter sim?

What actually reallly makes me pissed in Sekiro is how there are so many little places you can go to that are not required but going there and exploring is rewarded in like 0.1% of all cases, otherwise there is fuckall there

I respect From for creating a game that's focused on a particular playstyle that genuinely rewards skill and mastery of combat mechanics. Miyazaki is a chad who doesn't pander to the souls fanbase.

He’s the dude in white with the spear in Hirata. One of the mini bosses with double HP bars.

How do you get here?

Attached: 1553454690289.jpg (1923x1075, 446K)

I've seen your "honest opinion" at least 50 times before, word by word. Get bent, discord shitposter. Also, DaS2 couldn't have possibly sold the worst given it had 6 (SIX) different releases, and that's without counting the DLC on disc bundle falsely advertised as Scholar for old gen.

>dark souls 2 was my first souls game
Kill yourself

are you blind?

pretty sure a monstrous wolf would have more success in attacking using his jaws than swinging a sword in it's mouth, lol but muh lore

Try Jumping

brainlet post

>when an opinion becomes popular it automatically becomes shitty
shoo, contrarian