Ys 9 first gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=-JzPPpbrB8c

What did I think of it?

Attached: 1410195564095.jpg (328x400, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/03/ys-ix-first-gameplay-new-details
markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/profile?s=3723:TYO
markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/profile?s=3851:TYO
youtube.com/watch?v=AASleixtEIA
youtube.com/watch?v=Xhov3hUUvzU
youtube.com/watch?v=l3shiIRVPC0
youtu.be/mFeaKvyuzc8?t=2m
mega.nz/#F!cNxkEYoR!3fHom8-wmn-tQYhJ7QqL1g
youtu.be/CxEsAT14ak0
youtube.com/watch?v=T-xGBHMVaig
youtu.be/0fb9KLewxoI
youtube.com/watch?v=pp4NNv8LTmU
youtube.com/watch?v=uuEFA8blzzU
youtube.com/watch?v=UZ0U9C6lxas
youtu.be/2tPS71AJqZo
youtu.be/74bEJJ2R_rc
youtu.be/HKcm_eDjTy4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This can't be real.

looks like shit...

Also some character artworks for a new Kiseki game

Attached: Kiseki-Art_03-24-19_001.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

Attached: Kiseki-Art_03-24-19_002.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

Looks bad. Feels like they try to appeal to casuals in some way to get more sales.

what console is that running on?
look huge

PS4
And according to interviews the city is 50% of the map

Why it looks so past gen?

6 was the last good game

>make ridiculously oversized city
>make it half of the entire fucking map
>it looks like absolute dogshit anyway
What the fuck are they thinking?

>make ridiculously oversized city
I mean its a prison island

>open world meme
Ys8 was perfect imo. Why change it for something worse?

I suppose i should link to the latest info

World looks empty and lifeless, but seems like the battles and movement will be fun.

>releasing this fall
It looks like it needs more dev time than that

when will FALCOM reach PS3 level graphics? not just graphics but the animations look awful like always. Not only they don't ever seem to improve but get worse with each game released.

i see theyre going the fire emblem route

Is that a catgirl running up walls?

Attached: zen-chan_delete.jpg (1200x993, 92K)

Then how are Felghana and Origin bad?

Looks empty. Im fine with open world gimmicks if it isn't just wide spaces or give the illusion of activity, looking at you Gravity rush

looks like sonic 06.

Gotta love that japanese job security. I'm guessing their animation and tech team is 50+ year old dudes who have been doing this for way too long and have no interest in improving.

Never played that game, but from what little footage I saw the cities looked slightly less empty.

Looks fucking awesome. You idiots say the map is empty etc, niggas the game is still in alpha what the fuck are you talking about?

Is falcom on a constant decline?, their games have always looked like shit, but now, even the gameplay is shit.

Even the characters are no longer relatable. All of them look either completely shallow or completely flawless.

Didn't watch the trailer, how is Adol's new design?

Looks like Sonic 06

Ys Origin and Oath are the only good Ys games. Change my mind

VERY edgy. He has a cape now. And he wear all black/red. Looks like Vergil with red hair. And he can teleport now.

>Is falcom on a constant decline?
Yeah, since they've abandoned the pc platform.

>edgy Adol
Why

Eh, it would at least explain his asexuality.

I thought Lacrimosa of Dana was good.

>since they've abandoned the pc platform.
So since Trails in the Sky?

Isn't it supposed to release in fall this year?
Not sure what Falcom's schedules look like, but going from alpha to full release in half a year seems a bit short?

But he ain't asexual, he'll just go back to his sluts after he's finished adventuring.
except for feena

Is that Ries? Rufina??

>Adol Christin
>finished adventuring
What a foolish suggestion.
And no, Feena is the ONLY one he will go back to. He finds her at the North Pole for some convoluted reason.

>So since Trails in the Sky?
Yeah, also new engine was a mistake.

Shut the fuck up
I prefer Falcom's current graphics that is soul

They have ~6 months left, and this is not a AAA game. That's enough time for finishing it up.

The scale of the town and the freedom of movement you get definitely looks promising. Hopefully it won't lead to too much game-breaking jank, though.

Nah, since Zwei 2... which honestly bombed and nearly killed the company so it's understandable they switched gears. Still sucks how much the appeal of their games has changed since then.

Scarlet and Wald, dummy.

I can't hate on Falcom, but I wish they'd go back to the time when Adol just used to run into motherfuckers and exploded their ass.

Kondo said he is a massive SAO fan and now he made a literally not-eugeo character for his game (the flying blond haired blue guy). What an absolute madman.

Maybe in another decade or so they'll finally be able to get to PS4 graphics

They teased multiplayer and maybe even coop for Ys 9 though, maybe this will be what's saves the series.

Falcom it's fairly small, the revenue it's not comparable to other companies, and having in mind that the graphics are the most expensive thing on a videogame, it's normal that they try to cut them.

>falcom
markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/profile?s=3723:TYO

>nipon ichi
markets.ft.com/data/equities/tearsheet/profile?s=3851:TYO

Looks like shit but the soundtracks pretty fucking rad

I wonder what kind of wall Dogi will crush this time.

what a tiem to bee alove

Games like Sekiro/Nioh is what a budget action Japanese game should look like, not this cheap psp trash with terrible soulless character designs

>Sekiro
>Budget

Well, I sure hope so.
At any rate, I hope they don't focus too much on movement gimmicks like rooftop climbing and remember to put some effort into boss design.
Ys VIII was a little lacking in that regard. The boss in the Tower of Baja and Oceanus (though ultimately too easy) were exceptions.

Attached: adol_christin.jpg (840x355, 109K)

This shit has nothing to do with Ys.
Good lord, another series ruined.

>people learned japanese for this
people will pay for it and inevitable sequels that will wrap almost everything up, despite being unfinished and rushed

I thought he died at the north pole

"Supposedly", but my headcanon says he meets Feena there, anyway.

Do we know anything about the soundtrack yet? The vid just had the opening from ys 2 playing

>no healing potions
You forgot Ark of Napishtim:)
If you aren't playing in catastrophe mode.

I like your headcanon

EHHHH???

SUGOIIII!!!!!!!

That's the canon mode though.

>he is a massive SAO fan
Now I understand Rean's faggotry

party system was a mistake, go back to the ark engine

Is it just a budget problem or do jap devs really don't give a shit and are fine with making year one PS3 stuff despite the PS5 being around the corner?

Like if someone gave them a Final Fantasy budget would it still turn out more or less the same?

Budget, nigga falcom is one of the smallest companies

The game clearly isn't pushing any boundaries in hardware. Well on PC anyways. Shit like the samurai game sony is working on will be he highest budget samurai game

How are the japs taking it?

Japs are fucking angry that Dana is not in the game

DLC maybe?
*laughs

Movement looks fun and the city could be fun, but in that video all the areas look empty as fuck, unless they fix that it will be shit

Attached: 1543185280964.jpg (281x513, 52K)

>budget
Sekiro was developed by fromsoftware which is a subsidiary of Kadokawa Shoten, part of Kadokawa Dwango Corp which is a huge japanese company, you can't compare them.

Japs have no idea what actual cities with human interaction look like.
Despite living in dense areas they don't acknowledge one another, much like insects going about their preprogrammed routine.

This combined with a lack of ability due to their simple bug brains is the reason we keep seeing ps2 quality open world shit from them.

Why did they even show that garbage off? Falcom needs to pull their head out of their ass and stop expecting special treatment for being the small, low budget company that they no longer are.

>Like past Ys titles, Ys IX has simple action that even novices and players not good at action games can enjoy.
>The game uses the series’ traditional party system.
It's over, Ys will never be as good as Oath ever again

Attached: 1533501445820.png (690x868, 1.16M)

>Despite living in dense areas they don't acknowledge one another
I miss this about living in Japan. Westerners have such trouble minding their own fucking business. Still not used to having random strangers look at me all the time for no reason.

The fuck is this furry shit? The fuck is this PS2 era environment?

The fuck is this shit?

I enjoyed Dana, especially that it bothered to have traditional Ys sections starring Dana.

>Westerners
Only americans do that. In Europe people tend to be more reserved.

So did I and I will probably love 9 too as long as that video is from early alpha stages, but those statments make it sound like old Ys has been forgotten and now only the nuYs games matter, which is pretty sad

Dana segments are pretty fun though, and I thought they were pretty skill intensive. Not as much as jump cancel fireball in Oath, but it was definitely something

Soul? it's pure generic anime you can find anywhere.

They confirmed the videos are from fall 2018 and were from debugging stages

I was upset at first that Capcom keeps going back to NISA, but then I remembered that modern Falcom hasn't made a good game in ages, Ys8 being their best attempt. Kiseki killed them.

>Capcom
Thanks, muscle memory.

why do the visuals look worse than a compile heart game

Dana is on sale for 20€ right now.
Is it better than Seven?

I recently got into the series following this guide. I've finished 1 and 2 and I'm thinking of skipping the non-PC ones and jumping straight into 6. Will I be missing out on anything?

Attached: Ys guide.png (1150x648, 40K)

Yeah. Not a lot better, but better.

it looks wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than YS 8 , i know the sales of 8 werent good but THIS LVL DOWNGRADE WTF , skipping it for sure

It absolutely is better than Seven, but it's also twice as long and overstays its welcome just a little bit.
Platforming/jumping is back and exploring the island is lots of fun. Combat feels somewhat closer to Felghana again but is still not quite there.
Flash dodge (not in Seven, I know) and guard are a problem, still.
For 20 bucks you can't really go wrong.

You realize Oath and Celceta are 3/4 remakes, right? Also PC Engine 4 is like the culmination of 1 and 2, skipping it is criminal. Just emulate it.

MOMMY

>Plays first two bumper car games.
>Doesn't play the last one in the trilogy
For why?

If you care about story (one does not play Ys for the story, though) you might wanna do 4 (emulated or Celceta) before VI, with VI giving a conclusion to the arc. Still those are mostly standalone, though.
Then you could play the prequel to I&II, Orgin, and Felghana. Those two are peak Ys though and it will be downhill from there, at least relatively speaking.

dude it looks about the same as ys8 or better, the environments shown just don't have as much decoration (yet).

the most important engine upgrade is the lack of zone boundaries.

Everything before 6 can be skipped without missing anything.

I recommend
>1&2
>Origin to catch references
>Ark
>Oath
>Seven
>Celceta
>8
Then whatever you want

It's an Alpha footage, I really doubt it will be this bad on release

Kondo said after 9 they want to either do 1&2 remake or V remake, what would you want?

>1&2 remake
Another one? Pass, I want to remember them with good old bump combat and for that we don't need another remake.
I'd take Ys V even though it would probably mean you'd fight alongside Willie in your party or something.

>Another remake
Did I miss something?

>adol warps around like the ffxv faggot

Attached: screams externally.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

No, I am talking about the myriads of ports and remakes of Ys I and II in the retro era, culminating in the most recent Chronicles. We don't need another version of I and II except maybe a switch port. One can dream, right? besides that, so I hope Kondo is not seriously suggesting an Ys I & II remake like user said.

You mean the ffxv faggot warp around like Vergil? Calm down sissy user

Ys V doesn't have the bump mechanics. I also agree on the retarded party system though.

That's what I'm saying. Ys V was the awkward transition away from it, so it ended up being underwhelming and thus deserves a remake.
I and II should stay bump, there's no need for an update as long as Chronicles runs on modern systems.

There'll be enemies in the city, right?

Attached: really activates the adolmonds.jpg (688x650, 122K)

I'm behind on the Ys titles. I played 1-5 and Oath. Are there any other notable titles that I should check out? Any that I should absolutely avoid?

I expect the city to become nuclear filled with demons and angels near endgame and devil man crybaby things like every Ys game

but the city is way to fucking huge to not have some sort of obstacle stopping you from parkouring all over everything

Origin would be a must play, of course. VI is also very enjoyable, though it's the first to use its particular engine (same as Felghana and Origin) and is less polished than these other two.
VIII is enjoyable, though unfortunately one of the party-based ones with its share of problems. Seven is eh, Celceta only if you have time and want more Ys.

I'm really liking the increased movement options and sense of verticality they're giving Ys IX. Each character getting unique movement abilities makes me think there'll be lots more solo sections a la those of Dana, which were absolute solo kino. The city looks PS3-tier and empty, but it's an alpha build and this is cheap Falcom we're talking about, so I'm sure it'll turn out fine. All in all, it looks like it's going to be Ys VIII but more refined and better, which is great because I really liked VIII and thought it was a good game. Now, if only they showed Dogi crushing the many multitudes of walls, a full portrait of Edgedol, and announced that Ys V remake...

Attached: 1532444060403.jpg (474x576, 68K)

Calvard time?

Am I the only one dissapointed by the fact that party members don't follow you around? Kinda breaks immersion for me.

>and announced that Ys V remake...
Someday

Attached: 20081027.jpg (200x447, 23K)

I'm pleased that they don't. It's a nice way to balance party system and the solo gameplay.

whats the point of these games
they all look the same, all play the same
literally look like some f2p mmo from 2005

Holy shit, I made this guide months ago, I think around Thanksgiving? Anyway, if you care about my opinion on you skipping III and V, I think it's fine. III got remade into Oath of Felghana, which is almost universally agreed to be a superior game and the best in the series. The only reason I included III despite it having a remake is that the gameplay is so radically different from everything else in the series, that you can play it whenever without being spoiled by the progression of the other games. The music in III (Turbografix) is also great. I put "For hardcore ys autists" in the notes, because I figured the only people who would want to play it are people who WANT to be hardcore ys autists, the the true autists who have played everything else and are starved for more Ys.

Skipping V is also fine, it's the black sheep of all the Ys games, but it's short enough that you could beat it in an afternoon. You meet some characters that show up in VI directly afterwards, but the wiki descriptions of their interactions in V are probably longer than all the lines of dialogue they had in V.

DO NOT SKIP DAWN OF Ys. It improves on 2 about as much as 2 improved on 1. It's a direct sequel to 1 and 2, play it. You went as far as starting with Ys 1 and 2, you may as well play the last (good) bumper car game.

I really miss his armor designs. It peaked in seven and then they just abandoned the armor and shield all together.

Fucking dammit man I would pay full price for Ys: Kingdom of Sand if only for having this rad theme remixed and given the full justice it truly deserves:
youtube.com/watch?v=AASleixtEIA

Also, anybody know any similar themes to this one? I can feel some similarities to other themes in other games, but I can't pinpoint exactly which ones and it's been annoying me a little:
youtube.com/watch?v=Xhov3hUUvzU

Attached: 1552460523713.png (768x1080, 1.72M)

Rean just won the Trails of Cold Steel popularity poll.

So did Kirito in several Japanese circuits too at SAO's popularity peak, you are kinda proving his grievances towards Rean.

Just wanted to say it. I didn't had any ulterior motive behind it, considering I don't like him either.

>Skipping V is also fine, it's the black sheep of all the Ys games
Funny, I would consider III to be the black sheep, what with it killing all Falcom releases to the west for a long time. The worst I could say for V is that it was a clone of the Soulblazer games, but still a gem in its own right.

And Rean and Crow won "best pairing" by a landslide. I hate fujoshis.

To be fair. I'd feel sorry for the girls if anyone of them would end up with him.

It's hard to think of a pairing that isn't pandering in some way.

>japs are fucking autistic when it comes to character development
Colour me surprised.

I could forgive V having generic as fuck gameplay if the music were good. You have hype as fuck rock music in all the previous games and V's soundtrack is just bland in comparison. Bland music plus bland gameplay equals an underwhelming experience.

And yet sekiro doesn't even look graphically good, just has good art direction which nu-falcom can't pull off

Romance in Ys? This is a lewd as it gets

Attached: ys8 2018-07-30 20-31-56.jpg (2560x1440, 868K)

Shit sucks, but it looks like they're putting armor back on Adol, even if it's limited to aventails, gauntlets, and his greaves/boots. It's more armor than I can say for most other anime protags these days. Not gonna lie, I'm kinda digging his new sleek Vergil-esque look with the cape and all

Attached: 1542624591578.jpg (2048x1312, 468K)

t. Laxia

Attached: 1507666855495.jpg (1920x1080, 665K)

The "best pairing" on japanese polls are always the homosexuals ones hahaha, same happened with boku no hero academia.

>Funny, I would consider III to be the black sheep, what with it killing all Falcom releases to the west for a long time.
Has any game emulated Zelda 2's gameplay and succeeded? It seems like it's encoded into human DNA to have none of that shit.

you have 300 seconds to delete this

Attached: 4ius2z0m26b01.jpg (599x336, 48K)

That's Scarlet and the fuckboi Wald.

Hey man, you can't tell me that Thieves of Brotherhood wasn't cool as fuck. Yeah, but that's why I'm hoping for that remake soon. I just want to hear the good shit like that, Break into Territory, Primal Rave, and what have you not limited by the SNES or PS2 soundfonts. I think V's soundtrack is bland because of the soundfonts, honestly. If they give it the Chronicles treatment, then I'm thinking it could very well be adventurekino.

Attached: 1537558187267.gif (1024x464, 365K)

>And yet sekiro doesn't even look graphically good
It certainly looks like something that is only possible from the 7th gen onwards that's for sure, and the characters' animation is peak fluidity; two aspects Falcom either don't have money to do or lack experience to pull it off.

>they split the dev team in two despite them being one of the smallest companies out there
they're fucked aren't they

Looks like Sonic 2006

V had a neat story, I'll give it that.

>I dig his vergil-esque look
No. I swear to god if he gets a katana in this game I will suck a dick.

I like that it looks like you have a lot of mobility for exploration but the city really is way too lifeless. I know it's low-budget but if they can't populate a city I'd prefer if they'd just make it smaller.

It was already remade on the PS2. It was largely ignored even in Japan.
Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand
youtube.com/watch?v=l3shiIRVPC0
Its not bad, but the games on the YS6 engine (oath, origins) are just plain better. If you're a big Ys fan I'd still recommend emulating it.

>I know it's low-budget but if they can't populate a city I'd prefer if they'd just make it smaller.
Smaller japanese devs gunning for more open experiences should all just emulate Kamurocho from the Yakuza series at this point, it works because it is tiny so it was made as lively as possible.

Katanas don't exist in Esteria or Romn at this point in time, seeing as Asia hasn't been adventured into yet. Hell, I don't even think I've seen a single katana in the Ys games so far, iirc. It's longswords, rapiers and greatswords all the way for Adol as of now.

Attached: 1553388668168.jpg (700x700, 108K)

>Kadokawa Shoten (角川書店), formerly Kadokawa Shoten Co., Ltd. (株式会社角川書店 Kabushiki gaisha Kadokawa Shoten), is a Japanese publisher and brand company of Kadokawa Corporation based in Tokyo, Japan. It became an internal division of Kadokawa Corporation on October 1, 2013. Kadokawa has published both manga such as Sora no Otoshimono (Heaven's Lost Property) and magazines, such as Newtype magazine. Since its founding, Kadokawa has expanded into the multimedia sector, namely in video games (as Kadokawa Games) and movies (as Kadokawa Pictures).
Again, you're comparing two diffrent wordls.

Weren't these remakes (there were remakes of Wanderers from Ys and Mask of the Sun for the PS2) made by Arc and Taito?

Nigga calm tf down. This is alpha footage. Didn't you play ys8? Dana's city was full with NPC's. We're getting at least that much.

It's footage from an early alpha stage, they probably just made the characters, the city and the movement options to make sure navigating the city is fun
I'm sure they will fill the city later, not a single city in a falcom game has felt truly empty

I don't know why they would show the game in such an early state, it's obvious the game is still very early in development. Look at how polished Ys VIII was.

Altago's full of weebs.

Attached: Scias.jpg (440x460, 57K)

Yup, they're licensed out (Taito did the remake of 5). But that hasent been a bad thing for the Ys series. Ys4 on the PC-engine was made by NEC and ended up being better then the Falcom made one on the SNES. The Korean PC version of Ys 2 is arguably the best version of the game.
The Ys series is weird in that it actually gets some great influence from other companies where that would normally kill any other brand.

>Didn't you play ys8? Dana's city was full with NPC's
Smaller city and even then the NPCs were quite sparse, it had a few in each corner of the map, it wasn't brimming with it. Also the game is coming out in September.

>OP shows Adol vs Scias in a 1vs1 duel
>game is full party vs Scias
I'm still angry about it
At least his boss theme was a strongest foe remix

Danaville was also 20x smaller than Prison City.

>Falcom made one on the SNES
Mask of the Sun was made by Tonkin House

Technically Adol did fight Scias 1 vs 1. He got totally stomped but it still counts

Have they said anything about returning characters? I want to see Ladoc and his crew again

Why does it look like a ps2 game

Maybe it's so empty because they teased multiplayer. If you play with another player the city doesn't need to be full with NPC's.

> Tonkin House
Thats right, forgot their involvement.
Wasn't it written by Falcom and programmed by Tonkin House?

>it's obvious the game is still very early in development.
The game is coming out in six months.

Attached: 1436090113856.png (444x287, 43K)

Do you know how short dev cycles are at Falcom? That's an eternity.
Maybe "very early" was a bit much, but the final product will be very different from what we saw. Unless they're going full retard and throwing Ys to the dogs, their only quality IP left.

Not yet, though they did say the battles and boss fights will definitely call back to older Ys titles and remind veteran players of them, so I'm hoping they mean challenge as well as aesthetic. Personally, I want to see the chad poleaxe wielder again with his three living onaholes.

Attached: geisaxesyouaquestion.jpg (1158x651, 75K)

They showed gameplay of ys8 5 months before release and you had dogi in your party back then.

Yeah, Mask of the Sun closely followed Falcom's original idea while Dawn of Ys became its own thing. This is why Mask was considered the canon game before Falcom made Celceta.

>Unless they're going full retard and throwing Ys to the dogs, their only quality IP left.
People buy Kiseki even though it's developed on the budget of a ham sandwich, why put in effort?

Falcom still reuses PSP-era Barrels as Mugs in their most recent games, their development is fueled by dust and slightly dirty air particles instead of money

It's clearly to make a great first impression for newcomers in preparation for their influx when Adol gets into Smash. Because obviously that'll happen. please

Attached: AdolChristinBumpsIn.png (1200x675, 1M)

Looks exactly like Guild Wars 2 to me...

Attached: GW2.png (646x239, 58K)

>why put in effort?
Because they like making videogames

I've never played a Ys game before. is Ys 8 a good game to start with?

play a better series that doesn't looks like ps2 games instead

Ys is like Final Fantasy in that all the games are standalone, so you can jump in at any point. Though the games do take place in a timeline, the extent of continuity is just recurring characters and items with no bearing to the plot. Ys VIII is a fine starting point, but I like starting with Chronicles, since it's canonically the first set of games. However, Oath and Origin are must-play games.

Technically it is if you don't care for the ovearching lore, but the games are mostly self-contained anyway so it wouldn't hurt if you played Ys8 first.

Ys barely has a plot so you can start with any of the games without feeling too left out.

However, 8 is a massive improvement of the "party" style that'll make going to 7/Celceta feel like a major step back. Likewise with Oath+Origin to Ark.

Attached: 1406520144494.png (249x312, 63K)

what if adol dies exploring the north pole and the last thing he sees is an hallucination of feena and he simply walks away with her

Dumb Feenafag, clearly he'll find an ancient Emelas spacecraft made by the Eldeen there to take him into space for new cosmic adventures

How do you pronounce Ys again?

ease
eeeeeeez

It's like pronouncing "ease", but there's more of an 's' sound instead of a 'z' sound at the end, making it "ees"

イース

It's like saying yeast but without the y and the t.

does it matter? if you ever say it audibly to someone, they will always ask "what?" then you have to spell it out anyway.

>The way Adol appears is different than before—he is in a significantly unusual form.
>He starts from the position of, “So now what?” It is one reason his appearance has yet to be revealed.

I'm calling it, he lost a limb

That isn't Adol you brainlet. They haven't revealed his design yet

Does he gain a God Hand?

She's dead.
How the fuck do you make true ending worse than regular ending?

Attached: Smile Failed To Protect.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

japan is not china retard

Thanks. I managed to find a japanese trailer to help me out too. youtu.be/mFeaKvyuzc8?t=2m

Yes, because despite still asking for clarification or "what?", they will no longer think of me as a retard for pronouncing it as 'Why ess'.

Why does almost every JRPG have fuckhuge cities beyond the point of realism and literally 0 NPCs walking around, lifting boxes of apples or whatever the fuck else medieval NPCs do?

That's what you get for being a blue-haired waifu aside from Dogi in the Ys series.

Attached: 1524156146673.jpg (877x259, 91K)

True Endings don't care about your opinion, they are there because the writers consider it to be the end all conclusion.

That's what you get for being ANY waifu in the Ys series, when are people going to learn they are there just for eyecandy points?

Sure, but it felt like they were making a happy ending, but it came out somehow wrong.

epic epic epic

>The way Adol appears is different than before—he is in a significantly unusual form.

Attached: 6487457.jpg (173x288, 24K)

Because some are practically still in their tech demo/alpha build phases like FFXV, while the footage in the OP game is actually from an early tech demo/alpha build.

falcom trash

>The best blue hair girl doesn't suffer outside of having heartbreak
Heh

Attached: The.Ark.Of.Napishtim.full.928926.jpg (676x800, 93K)

Attached: ys8 2018-07-26 23-41-41.png (868x1215, 1.55M)

Based and subhumanpilled

Attached: 1533822432353.jpg (1211x992, 1.08M)

Which Dana is the best Dana?

Attached: Ys-VIII.jpg (1584x1017, 1.13M)

Yeah, I'm thinking he's in

Attached: AmericanAdol.jpg (1000x799, 1.83M)

Calvard when?

Attached: calvard when.png (405x646, 21K)

Attached: ys8 2018-07-27 00-53-27.png (1028x1440, 1.56M)

We've gotten to a point that this might unironically be better than Adol's actual design.

they're all best

>all those boring ass flat surfaces
>big ass, lifeless city with only 10 people wandering around
Atleast the music is still good as ever. This looks almost beta tier though. Hopefully the visuals get better.

light dana is the best

but all dana are good

Attached: 1542924266134.jpg (871x1280, 194K)

What's new on the Kiseki front, lads?

Attached: 1552502330725.png (491x521, 516K)

You never know, maybe they'll give Dogi the American Adol treatment if he shows up.

Attached: 1525865257352.png (500x784, 202K)

Why do waifu-fags ruin everything?

Attached: 4364756785.png (581x1442, 326K)

Calvard will be the last place they will ever visit. They'll move to an entirely different continent and at the very end of the series they'll finally come back and end it with Calvard.

well it is the first video demo of the game, of course it's a work in progress

desu, it looks fine just needs more decorations in the environment and indeed more crowds of people

Dogi is such a bro.

Attached: 1396989993423.jpg (730x1095, 266K)

Begone, Kisekikek, we're discussing the chadder Ys series here.
Rean, Crow, and Rean X Crow won the polls. Fujos have officially infested your series, my dude. Also Aurelia is the strongest character even above LE DEMONIC ISEKAI MAN according to nips

Attached: 1527961494840.jpg (550x713, 205K)

Indeed he is. Truly /ourwallcrusher/ for the ages.

Attached: YsOathSummarized.png (1600x602, 1.06M)

Only the West can save us now.

Attached: hatsuu.png (708x705, 424K)

I dont recall her dying. didn't she become some kind of deity like being? or did she go into a tree or something

They bring money and can keep a series alive, as many root Kiseki fans may not like the Cold Steel series it only became the best selling Kiseki spin-off because it pandered to modern waifufags fresh out of Persona.

You didn't get his post, faggot is denying the True Ending because he didn't like it; Danna becomes a goddess in the True Ending, in the normal one she really dies sacrifcing herself.

Damn, i loved how colorful Ys VIII was, also giving that character the ability to fly kills the whole purpose of the vertical level design since you can skip most of it.
>give a big focus on the night
>show the gameplay during day time
If they ditch Singa then it could be good.

I don't think that was flying, it was more like gliding. Also, didn't they say that there was going to be a day/night cycle? And as for Singa, his shit-tier "experimental" tracks are mostly contained in Cold Steel, and if Iclucian Dance is any indication, he can still make some killer tracks.

Falcom is a low budget developer

Adol gets the Monster Flu which is why he's on Prison Island

duh

jesus christ those hips

Attached: 1529187939258.jpg (1200x794, 82K)

Yeah, truly a bummer how the kiseki series have been on decline due to the harem-shit.

So, apparently dogi dies in this game. It's the "what now?" Moment kondo talked about, there is a thread on 2ch about the livestream and somebody who was there asked them about it

>Sorry buddy...looks like that was the one wall I couldn't crush...

Good thing Falcom doesn't have the balls to kill characters off anymore and would just revive him later on.

>Adol meets all sorts of people during his adventures who sacrifice themselves in all sorts of fucked up ways to save him
>"yeah whatever"
>Dogi dies from steroid overdose
>CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG

anyways I call bullshit

>he says this as they removed Ernst, Gruda, and the many countless waifus from the Ys series
Truly, it must suck to be a Senfag

When will the world designs in Falcom game stop being a bunch of blocking, rigid structures?

It sounds like the only way to make adol an edgelord desu senpai

I don't think that they would reveal a major point of the plot just like that.

>all of the Ys series has been building up to the Clan of Darkness, the Roman Empire, the Eldeen, and their dealings, escalating with Dogi's death and driving Adol to grief and madness
We're going full Punished Adol, boys. This arc might just turn out to be absolute adventureludo with all of its character developments.

Attached: amandeniedhisadventure.png (900x750, 379K)

Any news about the party members?
Who’s the blue-haired goddess in this game?

What is that art from? Looks like Rance.

Wald going to get out of the fujo hole with Wazy and bang Scarlet?

looks cool imo still prefer the art style from oath of felghana and ark of napishtim tho

Adol doesn't gives a fuck about Feena aymore, lad.

Yeah, it's from Rance, which incidentally ripped off Ys and Dragon Quest like all other JRPGs back in the day. They're still doing it today.

Attached: 2019Adol(Endro!).jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

>blue

Attached: 1545216078448.jpg (800x1350, 566K)

God, what a mess. Falcom what are you doing?

They're coasting off of them fujobucks, seeing as that's their main source of income now that Rean and Crow are the most popular characters and Rean x Crow being the most popular pairing. In any case, they said the footage was from very early development builds, so I have faith that they'll make it look better.

>which incidentally ripped off Ys
Wasn't Rance a blatant parody of Ys?

Yeah but Crow got Kung Pow'd and that's not sexy at all

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 40K)

the game doesn't have to look good. just play good

Rance parodied a lot of classic RPGs back in the day, my man. Alicesoft in general is known for that.

Are you implying Adol hasnt plowed hundreds of woman across his travels?

Anyone know if the Celceta ps4 remaster is coming west?

typical falcomshitter response
its the 21st century, how about 21st century graphics for once

I wouldn't mind if Ys 10 was the end of the Adol series and they made a new series that is basically Ys but with an actual plot and an actual MC

The only thing he's plowed is hundreds of adventures

Attached: 1522277655997.png (1000x1000, 205K)

I recommend you at least playing Dawn of Ys on the PC engine before advancing. In my opinion it has the best story in the Ys series, and performs excellently as a sequel. It's short too so you won't be there for long.

Getting it to work properly is a bitch and a half, so I compiled it in a simple download here a while ago
mega.nz/#F!cNxkEYoR!3fHom8-wmn-tQYhJ7QqL1g

Every Ys game takes elements from the previous ones, so you will have namedrops and small references, but try not to play them in chronological order, but rather release order. For instance Ys Memories of Celceta happens before Ark in Napishtim in the timeline, but in Memories they allude to, explain and talk about characters and events that happen in Ark and Oath (both which happen later in the timeline).

you know the rules

>Adol gets the monster flu
>goes berserk
>Dogi tries to knock him back to his senses
>Adol accidentally kills Dogi
>Adol realizes what he's done and checks into Gay Monster Jail

This is probably what happens.

Adol is an adventuresexual. He lives for adventure and only adventure. Women are irrelevant.

>People acting like this is the first time Falcom have shown off alpha footage
>People thinking this is what the final game will look like

For both versions Falcon gave the development teams a script to work with. Tonkin House followed it properly for mask of the sun and Hudson Soft rolled it up and smoked a joint with it and made something so much better that even Memories of Celceta felt inferior to it 20 years later.

oh no no no no no the absolute state of adventurers these days

Attached: YsIXTeaser.jpg (785x631, 230K)

>wallrunning catgirl
Looks good to me. Didn't even pay attention to the city, maybe it's just not populated yet?

They're in Africa. That's a scimitar, not a Katana.

What's the way to get into that series?

>mfw they actually do it and kill off based Wall Crusher
>mfw he actually says that line to Adol after adventuring with him for so long
Don't do this to Adol, the good adventure boy doesn't deserve this
But if they do, it sure as hell is gonna be some dramatic kino fuel and pathos for the next set of games.

Attached: AdolafterNightmareOath.jpg (450x450, 42K)

>Opening shows her being a badass and styling with a bow an arrow
>in-game all she does is get kidnapped and be a plot device

What's the appeal of these games? They look like a shitty budget Kingdom Hearts.

I don't see a party walking around so they've got my interest

Working my way through oath right now (after playing 1, 2, origin, and ark) before moving onto the seven engine games. How do the party system games hold up to the ark engine games? Is the gameplay still pretty fun? Are there cool secrets to find throughout the world? Are the bosses good? Is the music as good?

Attached: 1549098358969.jpg (5000x1280, 1.98M)

Why is Japan 20 years behind the rest of the world when it comes to video games?

Attached: 1529653185362.jpg (258x245, 20K)

>Falcom make games with generally mediocre graphics
>Falcom actually make games with regular releases of long JRPGs with quality gameplay and stories and casts instead of every release having superior grafics but being stuck in development hell for ten years
Are there really people who would prefer the latter scenario?

bring over the crossbell games you cheap fucks reeeeeeee

Oath sucks and isn't even as good as Origin, I'll never understand you people.

The music is still good, even if they're less high-profile. Everything else is a bit eh and casualized compare to the Ark series, but still fun in their own right.

>Dogi's death and driving Adol to grief and madness
Sorry dude, but the artbook from Memories of Celceta confirm that Dogi is still alive when Adol gets trapped in the North Pole.

the games are just retellings of Adol's adventure diary. He absolutely banged Feena, Elena, Karna, Griselda, Olha, Laxia, Dana, and countless more but just didn't write it down in his journal.

>partyshit
NOOOOO FUCK YOU FALCOM

zoomers put graphics and flash above everything else

>Huge world that's amazingly empty
>Hyper mobility so the huge world feels just as empty but now twice smaller
>Combat still extremely floaty shitty with overpowered defensive options
>Those horrible attack animations where sword leaves 5x as big trail of hurt as the arc of the actual blade part
I wish devs would appreciate the less is more design.

HELP

>He's a mascot character and you don't actually control him

Dogi hasn't been fucking relevant since Ys Seven. Seems like Falcom doesn't give a shit about him anymore. They always replace him with a not-Dogi party member. It's looking even worse in Ys IX since there's not going to be a Dogi-type guy judging from that promo poster showing the party members.

We don't know yet

Orange both visually and for gameplay

They didn't fight anything. What gives?

>Ys 8 bringing up how the Romun empire is investigating Adol after hearing of his exploits
I hope 9 actually addresses this and doesn't just drop it.

>no sense of true adventure climbing the Darm Tower, only an uphill ascent
>Adol's locked in Time Attack (understandable given the canon, but they could've at least given us a bonus mode with Adol's ascent)
>bosses are not as challenging compared to Oath
>no town village with nice villagers for max comfy
Origin's more polished, I'll give you that, but Oath had maximum soul.

Attached: 1539371675443.jpg (146x177, 32K)

I thought that was just referencing the Ys 6 prologue

Play Ys 6

Euron was talking about Ernst

new ys is like nothing but flash, in 8 the gameplay consists entirely of flash guarding and then mashing your skills like a monkey

But they did. In 6. That's the cumulation of the Romun stuff

I thought 8 was set after 6 though.

It's an early alpha build, which would also explain the barren-as-fuck city. God dammit just show us more, Falcom. We barely have anything to go off of.

There’s a small fight at the end, but only features Adol(?) for some reason.

Awesome, I loved Ys 8, will definitely check this out

>giant map full of literally nothing

Attached: 1444452058304.jpg (664x664, 106K)

>in 8 the gameplay consists entirely of flash guarding and then mashing your skills like a monkey
That's how it was in Celceta but 8 made the guard timing far stricter.

nope, its right after 5 after adol leaves xandria

user, it's before 6 even happens

>early tech demo/alpha build
No shit. But then why wouldn't Falcom just show us the most recent one?

origin>1&2>4>3>5>8>6>7>9

Attached: we did it adol.gif (452x270, 2.4M)

>Combat still extremely floaty
What do they need to do to make it not floaty?

The war with Altago was still going on in 8, which is how Dr. Murder got his cover blown.

So Adol just told Ricotta to fuck off after promising they'd go adventuring together? Mean.

>Dr. Murder
I hope 9 doesn't have anything that retarded in its story. What an awful chapter.

Have to justify buying a $300+ machine somehow.
Even moreso if you spend more than $1000 for an entertainment PC.

I hope NISA localizes it after the amazing job they did with 8, blows xsneed out the fucking water

Origin has
>better music
>THE CLAW who just dashes all over the place, just as fun to play as if not better than Adol
>the boring childhood friend white mage gets cucked by a demonic tomboy
>story is nothing special but you have a clear objective while Oath has you run around exploring areas for no real reason most of the time
>has the momentum of 1 and 2, you run nonstop and the general atmosphere of the game makes you want to keep going, meawhile Oath has you looking for sidequests and talking with NPCs
>has the most humanoid bosses and all the bosses range from good to great, not a single boss is so bad it ruins your fun , meanwhile Oath has some of the worst bosses in the series(the fire temple ones, but it also has some of the best like Chester 2 and Galbalan)

I can't wait for Adol's adventure in MONSTER BIG ISLAND.

While I didn’t like the initial release of 8 that Nisa did, Xseed is fucked nowadays, so I’ll take what I can get.

Well first thing would be to scrap most of what's done instead of carrying those things over. The second would be to add a lot of feedback on hits, both by the party doing hits and the one receiving. Cut a bit back on the distance every ability travels and rather make hitboxes smaller a bit smaller and tracking a bit less. Parrying should have feedback like Sekiro did amazingly well. Attack hitboxes not having phantom damage trails. Jump literally less floaty. Animations having more weight like dodge having acceleration portion, max speed portion, and landing/deceleration portion.

Making not floaty combat is actually plenty hard in practice.

>after the amazing job they did with 8
I would say this is bait but there's no shortage of retards here

Attached: 1358257994224.png (161x172, 51K)

no shortage of actual legit nisa shills you mean. they go around the net trying to fluff nisa up and shit on other localization companies like what happened with witch and the hundred knight.

Ill take a quick mediocre translation over a decent 3 year translation any day.

>Oath has you run around exploring areas for no real reason most of the time
To get the statues and stop Chester and Galbalan
>has the momentum of 1 and 2
Devil's Tower exists, as well as the petrification quest in the Blighted Blood tier
>not a single boss is so bad it ruins your fun
Nygtilger and his stupid fucking knockback bombs
>better music
Very debatable, both are god-tier
Honestly, they're both great games, so I don't want to get into an argument of no worth with you. CLAW is pretty fun though, I'll give you that. But Oath does not fucking suck, how dare you.

Attached: 1529210834246.jpg (356x240, 18K)

BIG
HOLE

Looks promising. Seems like they got rid of the party system

>initial release
I only played it after the retranslation and it's still full of errors. And they also did stupid shit like taking Laxia's "Adol Christin" and changing every instance of it to "Mister Christin" when they'd left it alone in the original translation.

you know whats faster? no translation

> But Oath does not fucking suck, how dare you.
He's a different guy, I still consider Oath mediocre. But at least it's not as bad as Napishtim.

The translation is the least of problems with NISA handling games

Cant wait to see the shitshow that will be Cold Steel 3

here's some more footage of the cat girl party member

Attached: 1.gif (225x324, 3.36M)

Didnt 3 and 5 got PS2 remakes?

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH RELEASE SEN3 FOR THE PC I CAN'T TAKE THIS I DON'T WANT TO BUY A PS4

You mean you'd rather
>have the game come out but be riddled to the fucking bone with game-breaking bugs and glitches that may or may not put your console/computer at risk, then wait half a year for them to make minor patches that don't actually fix the game only for them to straight up drop support because they decided to move on
instead of
>wait half a year for the game to come out with little to no issues other than using an undub mod
?

Each and every single ones of these games are shit, and there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise.

I literally don't understand what direction they're trying to go with this

What the fuck happened to this franchise? Last time i saw it was when i played it on the Turbo CD

I updated the guide for posterity. It took me an hour to figure out how I made a PNG from an Excel doc before.
>Printed as PDF on Excel
>Opened PDF in Firefox
>Fullscreen + Screenshot
>Opened PNG screenshot in Paint.net to crop and resize

There must be an easier way.

Attached: Ys guide updated.png (1600x900, 145K)

Windows has a built-in snipping tool.

>there are people who deliberately chose to play Ys 8 on the Vita over PC/PS4/Switch, thus locking themselves out of the extra content

>But at least it's not as bad as Napishtim.
I haven't played the enhancements that XSeed did, but for what it's worth the game is at worst unpolished, but far from bad. Ys V is the only one I'd consider mediocre, but even then it's just generic and boring.

>40 to 50 percent of the map is the city.

Attached: 1529391434477.png (640x640, 443K)

Here's the cold steel 5 preview, about an hour after entering Calvard's School of OrbalCraft and Worldbuildery

Attached: 1419716361456.gif (468x260, 994K)

Might wanna add the PS2 remake of V, unless you haven't played that.

I like the guy's design. His coat is nice.

Thanks, will try to remember this.
Vita-fags are mentally ill.

I still can't believe Falcom is even running with NISA again after all the shit they pulled.
>Promise PC port on same day release as PS4 only to delay the port by over half a year
>Translation swung between poor sentence structuring and single pass google translate
>Game is full of bugs
>Retranslation takes over half a year to come out and even then it's still spotty in a few instances, essentially only fixing the ones that were screenshot and posted online the most
>PC port comes out and is a huge steaming pile of shit because not only did they outsource to a shit company with no experience but they're also CHINESE, includes pants on head retarded issues like slowdowns if you don't have an xbox controller plugged in, 100% load on 1080 cards, etc.
>PC port is still completely broken and the last update was in June
>Switch version runs worse than Vita
At this point I'm convinced that the only reason companies keep going back to NISA is because NIS, the parent company that is actually good, keeps vouching for them and gets all buddy-buddy to the point that the company looking for a localizer just has to go with NISA.

If they make the world design like Thief: The Dark Project, then it's guaranteed kino.

Attached: 1544663558548.jpg (700x933, 142K)

7 > 2 > 8 > 0 > 3 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 5

Attached: consider the following.jpg (597x600, 59K)

>there are people who deliberately chose to play Ys 8 on the Vita
It came out there first though, nobody thought they would port it to PS4 a year later

that's Ao tho

>xseed
>half a year
Nice bait hatsu

So lads, I have played only Ys Origin and didn't enjoy it that much, and every other Ys title I've tried (1, Oath in Felghana) hasn't really caught my attention. Should I keep trying with those games, should I just go directly into 8, or will none of the games be for me?

Falcom's president is friends with NIS' president, it's pure cronyism.

Looks like a vita game

But Ys is about the adventure, wide open spaces, dark caves, old temples and all that. Half of the game takes place inside a city doesn’t make sense.

You've played the bump combat, you've played Ark combat. How far did you get into those games? I ask because they open up a while after you play them. In any case, might as well try out the modern combat of VIII and see if it clicks.

I started playing it a few weeks ago after accepting that it'll never be patched, and it's been running a lot better than I expected. Max rendering resolution and everything else except DoF and motion blur turned on and I get constant 60fps with mostly no issues except for the animated cutscenes having screen tearing because somehow NISA managed that. Or at least that was the situation, after I did a windows update a few days ago the shadows then started being fucked and I had my first crash. Thanks Microsoft.
The translation is still trash though.

Attached: ys8 Screenshot 2019.03.23 - 15.18.27.54.png (1920x1080, 2.92M)

>implying cities can't also have adventure in them
Might I remind you that half of Ys 2 took place inside a shrine and the entirety of Origin took place inside a tower?

Attached: 1539283814479.jpg (1024x639, 115K)

Talking about post-port. Those people exist, unbelievably.

>Might wanna add the PS2 remake of V, unless you haven't played that.
The guide only included platforms that can currently play the games in English. Ys V on PS2 doesn't have an English translation patch like the SNES game.

In Origin I beat the campaign with the girl and then I tried the one with the bad guy but got bored early on since I didn't really care for the story and it was too samey. I didn't get far into 1 because I really didn't enjoy it, it was way too old school for what I can tolerate beyond the combat system. In Felghana I remember at least defeating the first boss, and I did enjoy that at least more than 1. So I take it 8 very different?

One of my biggest annoyances with 8 was how limited vertical movement was, particularly with all the invisible walls stopping you from jumping over ledges, so I'm sure glad to see 9 is addressing that.

>nobody thought they would port it to PS4 a year later
The game was initially announced for both, the PS4 release got delayed.

I really doubt "The City" means that 40% of the map is the area shown in the video
They are probably using it as a very broad term

Try 8, it's more of a action version of Xenoblade 1

>So I take it 8 very different?
Yes.

Yeah, VIII's different, for better or for worse. But you should really play through Oath at least up until the point where you get the double-jump, shit really opens up from there.

based thiefbro
I'm getting good vibes from the video even if it's just very early alpha footage, if they manage to properly design the city it could be very fun to explore, and a giant city is a pretty unique setting, which would avoid making it feel like a repeat of 8

Attached: 1445825775621.gif (440x296, 223K)

7 had the best story and soundtrack so far. The betrayal and the soundtrack of that fight was maximum epic. youtu.be/CxEsAT14ak0
It begins at 4:00
This was the peak of Ys.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-xGBHMVaig

Attached: 1280548239077.gif (800x800, 681K)

>area in the video is just the main hub
>rest of the city is just ruined streets
>slums where inhabitants went full furry and attack on sight
>prison area with inmates attacking you
>underground spooky victorian sewer level with huge open spaces
>ancient ruined area that was sealed since the origins of the city
>fuckhuge cathedral level
It could be great

Attached: 1544842619394.jpg (1024x576, 64K)

It's not much but she does use the bow to kill the Demi-Galba early on, since Adol was incapable of killing it with his weapon

Peak of 7 was the Colliseum fight, the video you posted was very mediocre, just like Scias, the blue haired girl and the "plot" of 7

The guitar in that one is orgasmic. Ys soundtracks are the evolution of Megaman soundtracks.
youtu.be/0fb9KLewxoI

>>prison area with inmates attacking you
>Prison city has a prison in it

Attached: 159fc2caceabfb305c71a7d015cbff67.jpg (411x215, 16K)

Come on now, Megaman most likely took inspiration from Ys itself. The entire video game music industry was shaped by Ys I & II and the Turbo-era Ys games, let's not forget:
youtube.com/watch?v=pp4NNv8LTmU
youtube.com/watch?v=uuEFA8blzzU
youtube.com/watch?v=UZ0U9C6lxas

>Story
gonna have t give that to Lacrimossa
>Soundtrack
personally I give that to Dawn of Ys, but I'll admit I'm biased out of sheer amazement of how advanced it was for 1993. There is only 1 returning track in Memories of Celceta that doesn't shit the bed compared to the original.

Attached: ys701.jpg (1116x650, 580K)

>Fighting the scripted fight with Scias
>Have a good sense for flash guard
>Doge and Gays are dead, 1v1 the dude
>go at it for several minutes
>realize that for the past 5 minutes Scias life hadn't dropped past a designated mark
>only then realize it's a scripted fight
It's rather sad, I was so bummed about it that I didn't felt like 1v1ing him when you actually fight him later on.

The third one you posted is one of my fav Ys osts. It's very similar to this
youtu.be/2tPS71AJqZo

Mishera = Miuscha + Schera

yskeks...

>>Story
>gonna have t give that to Lacrimossa
You've got to be kidding me, it has one of the worst stories in the series.

It's silly on paper, but it's extremely well executed.

Name a better one
All Ys stories are shit, at least Lacrimosa had a couple decent characters and the castaway part of the story was great

>Name a better one

>muh dragon energy
>muh elemental dragons
>muh very contrived fake regicide accusation
>the retarded motives behind the blue hair slut that was about to destroy the world
7 has the WORST story in Ys, not exceptions

Ys went to shit after Oath/Origins
Kiseki is shit since Cold Steel.

Prove me wrong.

Wrong.
youtu.be/74bEJJ2R_rc

This, the only reason Falcom is still alive, is because they budget really well.

I would love to see what they could do with AAA budget for just one game though.

Attached: a2f54c32.jpg (515x490, 86K)

*adventures into your path*

Attached: 1552844048566.jpg (616x353, 54K)

>a boss fight proves me wrong about the sotry being shit
Okay?
Even then, the story in your video and the Rite they talk about is basically a worse Lacrimosa

So do I have to play the 8 other games to understand the story?

___________________________no___________________________________________________________________________

Attached: IQTierListOfAdventurousThingsYouCouldBeDoingRightNow.png (600x1665, 1.14M)

I started Ys with seven, and after that played celceta and then 8. Why do you fight literally god in every game at the end? And why does he always look different? How many gods are there in Ys?

three and the tree slut in 8 is one of them apparently
Celceta had no god, just one human using retarded plot devices to power up
7 had "the root of Altago's existance" but who the fuck knows
Don't think too hard about it

>Why do you fight literally god in every game at the end
gods are assholes

There are only three main gods who created Ys and everything else with it: Grattheos the Sea God, Horu, and Maia the Earth Goddess. Every other "god" is just some power-hungry megalomaniac (or a tree who really likes Darwinian-ism) or stuck in a cycle, basically providing an excuse for Adol's Amazing Adventures to take place.

Different locals, different (small g) gods. And no, sometimes we fight ancient machines.
8 makes it so that Maia is Azathoth, so she the (big g) God.

Don't forget the black Emelas constructs made by the Eldeen, of the same race as Feena and Reah (Black Pearl and the Ark) or Ash Emelas constructs made by the Cucks of Darkness (Galbalan, Galba-Roa)

Could be that Falcom is only interested in the money. Supposedly Ys 8 is their best selling title in the west and i guess they think its because of NISAs involvement, which could be true, because the only good thing they do is marketing

I'll never get tired of using the picture of the Ark in place of a galaxy brain image at the end there

Why does Falcom hate blue haired girls?

Probably some ancient Darkling curse, I dunno.
I still find it funny that Ys likes to permanently kill off or at least remove countless waifus from sight to garner maximum emotional impact while the story-focused Trails series doesn't even have the balls to do that and even revives some of its characters, considering its fujoshit audience.

>Feena: best girl
>Olha: best girl
>Dana: The Best That's Ever Been

Tia is the only rotten tomato

Lmfao it looks like a PS1, why the fuck does Falcom still exist? Fuck them and fuck the retards who still buy this shit

>tia
>bad
incel detected

You bought her theme, right Yea Forums?
youtu.be/HKcm_eDjTy4

One of my favorite images from the Ys fandom, for sure.

Attached: 1546391400620.png (1604x1000, 1021K)

I have no idea why it exists but I do love this version of Iclucian Dance

You can't fool me with using Zwei 2's final boss and the Grandmaster, user!

bros....

Attached: e845a8d3db1b59d5aa7830fdcac6075f.jpg (1920x1200, 598K)

I don't recognize the final three

>Christmas version of Ys VIII comes with Xmas-themed Iclucian Dance
>the Eternian Winter
Dinobros, how could they mock us like this?????

Attached: Danainabox.jpg (4630x2894, 1.97M)

>whole race freezes to death
>give her a snowy theme
based falcom dabbing on Danafags

>TX doesn't even get a mention
Based

Attached: didsomebodysaywalls.png (150x179, 11K)

Honestly if I didn't know this is Ys I would say this is a PS2-era japanese attempt at a fantasy game modeled after superhero sandbox games like Spider-Man. The town is too big and too empty, if they're going to implement a wider variety of character movement to travese it, I would hope they implement places only certain characters can access and include all sorts of crazy traversal shit like flying islands and an underwater sewer system, not just slap some wings on a dude then put him in a generic European town. Need to see more of the combat but it will probably just be more Lacrimosa of Dana, not necessarily a bad thing, I liked Lacrimosa but I hope they change it up and polish it so it's not literally the same combat but characters can run up walls now.

Attached: 1368836374314.gif (191x211, 104K)

What are you saying, those are obviously foes that Adol inevitably faced on his many, many adventures! That's a cold, hard Fact, mind you.

Attached: 1553068038741.jpg (939x720, 120K)

Rean would absolutely destroy Adol in combat.

Feena...

They said it was a very early tech demo/alpha build, so I'm expecting it to look a lot better next time we get new footage of it.

...easy on the Roda Fruits

Attached: 1549035412240.jpg (319x386, 55K)

That's good, though it is slated for a late 2019 release for Japan so Falcom better step it up.

get Fukt

Attached: bump.gif (599x331, 1.79M)

They said the footage is from fall 2018.

>Want to watch this for Ys shenanigans
>Don't want to watch it because of all the post-TitS Trails stuff I'm not familiar with
What do?

Rean is good for nothing but absolutely destroying Crow-kun's ass~

Attached: Crow....png (719x719, 470K)

judging by graphics there is probably gonna be a vita port, glad I can continue my claim of being able to play all of Ys on one device.

Read the manga instead

Attached: Ys II Adol.jpg (665x482, 173K)