Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy

Chocobo thread

Just finished Mog's dungeon and scarecrow popped up, I didn't fucking know it's not a challenge dungeon where I get to start with my original items and now I got OHKO'd. FUCK

Attached: images (4).jpg (211x239, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MbVcrPwcJAk
youtube.com/watch?v=UtdDEoK3JQU
gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/939442-final-fantasy-fables-chocobos-dungeon/faqs/55352
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i want to play this but i dont want to pay 40 for a digital only game

I was in the same boat, but I used those gold coin reward points and saved like 15 bucks.

Switch or PS4? Only Japan has a physical version on Switch and none for PS4.

I had the Wii version and didn't like it very much
just wasn't as good as Chocobos Dungeon 2 on PS1.
imo.

>choose chocowaifu as buddy
>she have Chocobo Drop
>then change to Chocobo Kick+
>figure out that my job level affect the ability
>too late and now I need to grind job points because she got stuck with the useless ability Dig
I hope she get something like chococure or some boost

Never played the Wii version but I really love this, though I wish it was a sequel to Chocobo's Dungeon 2 because the interaction with the local monsters in the village is lovable, and you can summon those powerful FF summons like Ramuh, Bahamut and Bahamut to fight alongside you with massive amount of HP.

You can change buddy's ability?

No.

Oh ok, Camilla is useless as fuck, Mog is hundred times better than her.

I haven't finished the dungeon in the mines and yet I grew too overpowered. Is there any consequences on being overpowered?

I wish you could change your buddy’s a.i or give them commands or something. Most of the time I’m still taking hits because they are passive as fuck and won’t go after enemies unless they are right next to them.

I agree. It's kind of lame you can't give command to an AI for a turn.

this is why Chocobos Dungeon 2 was so good
you could manually control a companion with a 2nd controller
they also had infinite movement

That was stupidly broken though. You can basically kite any enemies and not take any damage.

Chocometeor is next, grind it out because it's an amazing ability

Camilla's ability changes as you upgrade the freelancer class, seems to be the only character that changes abilities though

You can do that with co-op mode, but sadly the music gets replaced with an annoying song that never changes so long as you're in co-op.

which job should i use for the leviathan boss? i've been spamming lightning spells with black mage to no avail. is dragoon better?

Dragoon is pretty good, though I can't remember if I beat Leviathan with it or Scholar. It helps if you can poison and slow it (same goes for any boss really), and keep an angel robe or two on hand for when it charges up and you can avoid magic damage entirely.
Make sure you have good equipment that's been fully honed too.

>try to grind BP for Ifrit
>shop trap
>shop trap
>shop trap
>duel trap it's a fucking mini cactuar

REEEEEEEE

i do have good equipment already and one angel robe, last i checked. i guess i'll try dragoon then.

>Freelancer

That's just a shitty job and I'm looking for a buddy who can tank really well anyway.

Is beastmaster a good job?

I didn't like the Wii one either, but it feels like they've made a lot of changes.

>have honed equipment
>every fucking thing in the dungeon rusts it
Every time.

>digital only

God DAMN it.

Sale when?

Freelancer is awesome once you hit level 5 and get dat chocometeor though. Hits 3 spots in front of you for massive damage. And once you get it, Camilla gets it and can cast it for way less SP.
And yeah I've been using Beastmaster and it's not bad at all, starts off with a 3 range whip attack and can eventually heal you and your buddy at the same time and cast protect and shell which is great for playing against bosses defensively. Pair it with a white mage and you're virtually unstoppable.

>he didn't fuse his equipment with gold for the anti-rust badge
It's 100% worth it, fuck rust

buy it from Japan, it's multilanguage

I'll probably end up doing that, but its still the principle of the matter.

So, what I'm seeing here is this game is pretty much digimon world 2 + pokemon mystery dungeon, seems to hold up well.

Seems pretty swell, I might pick this up on a sale.

it doesn't remind me of digimon world 2 at all, honestly. now that the buddy system has been added in, it's basically pmd with final fantasy characters.

Just go back in and start over, that dungeon has some great loot.
Make sure you have a warp whatever though so you can get the fuck out of there once you're in too deep and your bag is full, because you aren't finishing that 50 level dungeon shit in one go yet

>it doesn't remind me of digimon world 2 at all

It uses the same Mystery Dungeon set-up as a basis, even though DW2 threw traditional turn based battles into the mix.

It's a great spot to grind for exp too until late 20s.

Well I had like aflash back when you approached a room with an enemy, and you moved around, the enemy would inch towards you. But it ends there, since this is kind of "active based combat"

>the first time a cactuar 1000 needles you
I almost shit my pants

Then you unlock him and he only has Gil Throw, what a ripoff. Hopefully the later cactuars have 1000 needles because I fucking NEED 1000 needles bros I NEED IT

Never corner a defenseless Cactuar, they instantly kill you with a stupid fucking skill.

>Max freelancer
>Camilla can use fucking Chocobash for only 2SP
Monster dens become into a fucking joke

Sweet Jesus that sounds retardedly OP

Is the Wii version worth emulating? Don't have a PS4 or Switch.

PS4/Switch version is miles better

Dude, I literally said I don't own consoles. So worth emulating or not?

PS4/Switch version is still miles better

It's still a good game but I don't think I'd be able to go back to it with all the QoL improvements the new one has brought. At least you'll have Pop Up Duels. Go for it.

Autist

Thief job is insanely OP for exploring.
>stealthstep
>sleep book
>enemy keep sleeping forever
>sleepga book for monsterden
To bad that suck ass for bosses

I'll give it a go then.

I prefer the Scholar class
>elemental ranged attack
>map out entire floor
>identify every item in your inventory
>self heal and hunger replenishment, no need for Gysahl Greens ever
>item effectiveness boost

It was fucking MADE for treasure hunting

I'm just 5 hours in and finished phoenix fucking Ifrit almost nuked me, what's the best job because I don't see myself changing Black mage in a long time?

All the jobs are special in their own way, you really can't go wrong with any.
Lately I've been rolling with Beastmaster and a white mage and have stupid powerful equipment and I cannot be stopped

>white mage
As a buddy? because I just have the machinist as buddy and is Ok, where do you get it?

Go to the empty house at the top of the residential district and beat her memory dungeon to unlock her. If she's not there yet then check back next chapter.
Also remember to do all the memory dungeons you come across since some of them will unlock job classes.

I only played pokemon mystery dungeons but this game is fucking great . My bird knight is fucking unstoppable now that he learn protect and his partner prince goblin only make him stronger with the attack boost

Yeah I have been doing that, right now I just unlocked white mage and stole thief.

Prince Goblin was my lil nigga for a while, the attack boost is great.
But now Shiroma is my healbitch

>finally found my first trident talon
Time to destroy everything

Are they doing DLCs for this?

There's DLC section in the Buddy menu, I could see it happening.

It'd be cool if they released characters like Cloud

Attached: D1dqH_5U4AANec9.jpg (1040x800, 123K)

Fuck Dungeon Hero X

No, fuck mecha bahamut.
1 turn maelstrom is fucking bullshit

I think I want to ride that Chocobo.

Just use slow and escape

Wait, he's an enemy?

Only if you're a dirty thief

They couldn't justify charging more for a Wii port with zero visual touch-ups. Game has some real blurry textures in it.

He can be killed right? Just like Doom from Chocobo Dungeon 2

>playing Chocobo's Dungeon 2
>this plays youtu.be/MbVcrPwcJAk

This fucking music gave me PTSD because of those damn Behemoths and Mist Dragons, not to mention fucking asshole Gargoyles will never move unless you're in the stairs room.

No, emulate Chocobos Dungeon 2 for PS1

>playing Chocobo's Dungeon 2
>this plays youtube.com/watch?v=UtdDEoK3JQU

>steal all items
>almost made out of the floor
>doom is waiting for you by the stairs

Attached: 7ifpqpS.jpg (400x340, 11K)

or worse
>Be in a shop
>Bomb explodes the door
>Kyaa.mp3

At least you have time to kill Bomb before they self-destruct. The real deal would be assholes like Magic Pot stealing your item, warping somewhere out of the room, and you will have to pay for the stolen item

I'd like to see each weapon's base ATK and each saddle's base defense, as well as every single brand in the game. I've read that this is some kind of re-release of a game, so can someone point me out in the right direction?

Maybe the Claw and Saddle list for the Wii U version is almost the same as the one for this version.

not even a graphics fag but why didnt square fully remake the game? the models looks like an upscaled 3ds game

I'd rather have the game in it's current state rather than waiting years for them to give it a cosmetic upgrade that doesn't affect gameplay in the slightest.

Is it acceptable to fuck a Chocobo in the FF universe?

How the fuck you make seven floors of dungeons with only 1 HP?

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/wii/939442-final-fantasy-fables-chocobos-dungeon/faqs/55352

By tap-moving very carefully and using ranged attacks.
I got through using Dragoon, but Black Mage will also work.
Good luck on the boss though :^)

JobLv2 thief.
Stealthstep to not wake up anything and blind needle is enough to kill anything in that dungeon and only cost 1 SP. Then you explore everything to get enough books for the boss

>tomberry is my favorite nigga
>finally unlock him
>default slow
This isn't fair...

At least he'll never die to magic attacks with a 999 Mind stat
Also Knife is crazy OP on bosses
Gotta balance him somehow