OoT Conspiracies

are the forest temple courtyards really outside? or is the sky above just a spell or illusion? even when its night time in-game, the courtyard sky is always sunny and blue...

Attached: 0426DE8E-CAE7-4C3C-8015-7EFCB80E0FC3.jpg (500x378, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AfEbVvP8SZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is the skybox animated?

looking at it now. no animations at all

Comfiest temple. Even with the creepy monkey link sounds.

Half this overrated shit show of a game isn't animated

EH REH

It's ripped from some kind of Hyrule Castle dungeon they had planned but scrapped along with the real forest temple (the wind temple).

animated video games was a mistake

Oot do do, it reeeeh

hence the wind-looking medallion symbol, and the emphasis on wind in the Ganon’s Castle obstacle course

>OOT?
what did he mean by this

Attached: chickfilababy2.jpg (3200x1680, 402K)

>forest temple takes place in a castle and not a forest
did the kaikoura have some sort of ancient kingdom?

Attached: Forest_Temple.jpg (600x545, 90K)

In the 3DS version Master Quest it'll be nighttime in there if you go in at night.

I assume it was an oversight that they left in the main quest in the remake because it's an iconic area.

I think parts of it were reused in wind waker and toilet princess, along with the light temple. I sometimes wonder what the cut dungeons in WW were and if any of them ended up in later games.

the location of the old hyrule kingdom capital. or maybe it wasnt even called hyrule back then.

Volcano and Ice islands were supposed to be full temples at first, although not completely cut. Volcano makes sense since there already is a volcano temple in the game.

definitely ideas from the temples were picked back up and used later. nintendo’s gotta have some cozy room with papers and diagrams taped to walls everywhere with random concepts and room lay-outs that they walk into whenever its timw to start a new temple

I was thinking more greatfish isle pre destruction. The idea that there's a room full of scenarios and room designs sounds cozy

Come to think of it, I think they stuck to the OoT formula for so long because they had so much shit left over from its overambitious original development.

I love the strange sort of funkish forest feel this temple has.

Interestingly, they originally envisioned OoT as a hub world (Ganon's Castle) with levels extending out (Elemental Temples) I think they then got carried away when they realized the console could do more.

The old interviews make it sound like it was going to be Morrowind, but even the DD couldn't handle permanent footprints and a full MM style day night schedule. I wonder if the next Zelda will start pulling those elements back in, they've been teasing them forever but never quite implement it.

Speaking of this, who has those images about speculation of what Ura Zelda was and how the Master Quest dungeon layouts may have been the originals?

>definitely ideas from the temples were picked back up

Wouldn't be surprised if this was common practice for series that run for a good while. Like in the Monster Hunter artbooks, you can see concepts that the devs recycled into later games in some capacity. Also things like Miyamoto wanting to implement a rideable dinosaur for Mario since the NES but only realized that in SMW.

mario galaxy 2 was essentially a game created entirely out of leftover ideas from the first game. the only reason it existed was cause there was such a surplus of ideas still on the drawing board

eh reh

Ura Zelda is master quest

I'd say it's probably like a painting or something. Probably a more meta question is why is it even there? Was there some race that existed the kokiri, perhaps some kind of cult that the kids all escaped from?

I don't have the images, but I do remember one guy had a project to rebuild the "original" game from hidden assets and beta footage. I know what you're talking about though, like the empty corner of Hyrule field with the weird tree.

Wasn't Ura going to be the 64DD version that had more elements from the original project thrown in?

There are several fleshed out Mario 64 fan stages/campaigns. Are there any good ones for OOT?

id play some fan made dungeons. thatd be tight

God imagine finding something like this while exploring a forest in BOTW

>old game is lazy
>woah the lore....
>new game is lazy
>fucking new games

>caring about a shitty, bad controls 3d Zelda game on the shittiest console in the history of gaming
I swear to fuck, the N64 is mostly responsible for gaming being the shitfest it is today.

>the more i swear, the more correct my opinion becomes!

there's a Link's Awakening map in progress
I don't know how well the development of that is going though

That's the kind of thing i'm hoping they do in the next Zelda game.
BotW was a good go at its formula for the first time, but the lack of traditional dungeons and cool, unique areas like that one guardian temple makes it fall short of being truly great.

>but I do remember one guy had a project to rebuild the "original" game from hidden assets and beta footage.
Was that the same guy who got carried away and essentially tried making Ancient Stone Tablets 2, complete with Dark World?

I think it was.

>i can't argue against the facts, i'll just attack this guy because he's using bad language MOMMY SAVE ME THIS GUY USED A BAD WORD
Grow up.

>overrated
>I don't really like thing and am upset that lots of other people like thing

lol ok

I've heard decently compelling speculation that the broad concept of the Ancient Cistern from SS could have been planned for WW. There were other bits pointed out that I don't remember but what sticks out to me are that the whip points could've easily been originally planned as ways to give further purpose to the Grappling Hook, and how the boss incorporates unique pick-up weapons like WW (which is a mechanic otherwise seen nowhere else in SS).

fuck new games tho

But that's just speculation, no dev ever confirmed those claims, you could say is just a theory... A game theory perhaps

cistern was def one of the highlights of that otherwise kinda mediocre game

And even then it doesn't shine through completely unscathed thanks to Fi forcibly removing the element of mystery and discovery.

That would make a lot of sense. That whole level felt extremely out of place in SS and the whole aesthetic as well as the bokos at the bottom of the cistern have a distinct WW vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a whole server filled with half finished dungeons and animations for things that they just pull from when they run out of ideas.

And the only good water temple since LttP.

at least theres some good r34 of her

Would you guys play a rehashed SS with some needed fixes and expanded gameplay? I feel like there was a good game hiding in there, then I play it and can't find it.

fuck no

Only if they remove all the padding and fetch quests. Dungeon-to-dungeon, boss-to-boss, SS was a good game but everything else just killed the experience.

assuming it came out for the switch, id love to play it, simply because it wouldnt be bogged down by the terrible and annoying motion control based gameplay. seriously, thats the only reason ive never given the game a second playthrough.

Honestly SS needs an almost total redo to properly fix its mistakes. My big fixes:
>make the Sky world more intricate and involving
>make Hyrule feel more like a traditional overworld and scrap most of the dumbass "everywhere is a dungeon" mentality (at least go halfway and do something like OoT's Hyrule Field but with actual enemies about, and make the major locales different areas accessible from this new Hyrule)
>reduce the forced handholding and momentum-halting from Fi
>reduce some of the padding busywork by replacing some of it with more unique stuff and killing some of it (e.g. We can live with cutting out one of the Imprisoned encounters, the second Skyview Temple visit is unnecessary bullshit and could be replaced with a unique mini dungeon, etc)
A good sentiment, but you do only that and you've come to the big issue: you've cut out a lot of the meat of an already linearly compressed package. This is a big reason why I feel that you can't "fix" SS short of a major overhaul.

eh

I forgot exactly how broken it is as a game. And with it being native to the Wii, I doubt it will ever get ported. Maybe it's best just to scrap it.

It's the sort of thing botw fans act like is already the case, they really overrate the exploration.

youtu.be/AfEbVvP8SZg

stop this meme

There is Nimpize Adventure, but its more a proof of concept of what can be done. Still pretty neat and hits that itch for more OoT.

Classic

>Nimpize
That one fucking Poe puzzle in the Spirit Temple is total horseshit.

Checking 3DS version. Skybox is animated.

If ancient cistern had been in WW those zombie bokos probably would have been redeads instead.

Why don't people like Great Bay Temple?
It's unrionically one of my favorites.

Reminder that the Forest Temple and the Well are built from scraps of the Hyrule Sewer dungeon.