Anyone else disappointed with the Kill la Kill roster...

Anyone else disappointed with the Kill la Kill roster? I know they had a small budget but they've only managed a total of 10 characters + 4 more variants for its release. (Dual wielding Ryuuko and Satsuki and ultimate form Satsuki and Ryuuko)

I'm still going to get it since I actually like supporting Trigger's stuff, but I guess I'm forced to hope for DLC characters which leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So who do you want for extra characters? Aikuro and Tsumugi getting crammed into the DTR was a cheap way to include both for the price of one so I doubt we'd get solo versions of them. I was hoping for something silly like Guts solo or Mankanshoku family fighting as a group somehow. Iori and Soroi would have been really interesting as well as Isshin/Souichirou. There's also Rei, Takarada and the various club members that could have made for really interesting characters as well.

Not to mention the legitimately cool other forms the elite 4 had. Though some were far more different than their counterparts than others.

Attached: Roster.jpg (1377x921, 390K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GTsQIi61Aq0
exhentai.org/g/934840/8ae328090d/
youtube.com/watch?v=vC1iYprN0r8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The in-game animations are really bad

They aren't, especially if you watch the most recent video showing off 20 minutes of gameplay

>Aikuro and Tsumugi
"fucking suck compared to the rest of the cast" is the end of that sentence
>everything else you just said
garbage gimmick characters and minor characters. them not being included is not a big loss

there arent that many relevant characters in the shiw

They could have been turned into really fun characters to play as though. Zany stuff with the Mankanshoku family, Mom with the rolling pin and croquettes, Dad with illicit medical practice based attacks, Matarou with pervy camera tactics and his gang not to mention guts.

Souichirou could be just about anything due to his background and the idea of an alt-telling of the story.

Hey man, i'm going to play this Game anyways because it Features a pretty cool anime Show i enjoyed.

I dont Expect the next EVO fightan since this is an arena fighter it's going to be shit by Default.

Just play it with friends and you'll have a great time

At least he should be in it, together with Omiko and Rei.

Attached: XJgo6Iw.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

>Omiko and Rei.
Good taste.

Attached: tumblr_okw5albrhx1rkmjxwo4_1280.gif (540x303, 1.52M)

Attached: 0912796823642.gif (405x205, 502K)

>Fight Club Mako confirmed
When did this happen

season 2 never ever

Literally months ago.

Okay that would be some awesome guest characters...but impossible since they don't have the rights to them.

Reminder that he was the hero everyone needed.

I'm just gonna play it for the story. I don't expect the combat to be any good

The show doesnt have that much actual fighters to begin with. Unless you want the milf with a tommy gun

>I'm just gonna play it for the story
why not just watch the anime then.

Because the game has an alternate plot from the anime, stupid. It's why it's called "IF".

why do people keep saying that. trigger already said they could do another season if they really wanted to, and they've been talking about it for years. it could still happen, panty is already fucking people from the trigger universe

Attached: 23.jpg (1280x1707, 589K)

>trigger already said they could do another season if they really wanted to
trigger doesn't own panty and stocking.

Attached: kneesocks.jpg (314x299, 57K)

but the rights are not hard to get if they want them. if there was a market for it - and there isn't - they would've done it already. money is the only thing stopping them, not legal shit.

Attached: 27.jpg (1280x1707, 674K)

It'll be at Evo but not on the main stage, tons of weird ass games get played there

There was a recent con where Trigger said they know that comedy anime like PSG sells better in the west, so I'm guessing they might try to get a S2 rolling through Netflix

Not disappointed because I expected that. The actual gameplay looked worse than expected though. Will mabe buy it in 3 years for an Euro vom humble bundle to see the IF story it has but I doubt it's anything relevant, considering that there aren't even any new characters.

if they do its not gonna be for a while, since promare is coming out soon and its imaishi's big project. another animator will be heading the nxt thing

>but the rights are not hard to get if they want them.
depends on if gainax is willing to sell. depends on if trigger think they can make money out of it. trigger aren't known for doing constant stellar successes after all.

Attached: scanty.jpg (500x508, 120K)

>another animator will be heading the nxt thing
What's the next thing anyway? They haven't announced anything yet or do I forget something?

Why are there 4 Ryus and Kens?

LWA S2 BAYBEEEEE

I'm only going to play as Satsuki for her big fat ass so I don't care

I'm really mad the 4 school guardian dudes don't have variants

I just rewatched the anime. That's a pretty good roster. Who else could be added that isn't a literal who one episode bullshit?

They're full force on Promare so no. Even Gridman's next project tease was just a Promare poster (where as in LWA it was a billboard that said S.S.S.S. NEXT, obviously meaning Gridman)

The real question is if we're going to get everyone's Nudist Beach costumes as alt costumes

i would love that.

Attached: 1498456160800.jpg (1632x2167, 749K)

it flopped tho

You already made this comment in the las tthread dumbass. It's because the fighting style is different.

That wasn't me though.
Also if it's because their fighting style is different doesn't that mean there's 8 Ryus and Kens then because I remember seeing a video that says that they a Dual Wielding stance

Attached: frodo.jpg (395x300, 22K)

They need to do like a 2D Shantae monster of the week clone with Panty & Stocking.

Attached: STAWKIN GAWD DAMNITT!!.gif (512x288, 3.28M)

>depends on if trigger think they can make money out of it
thats the thing, trigger doesnt make that much money, and PSG was a flop both in the west and nipland
im sure trigger wants to make more, for fun, but its a pipe dream

Attached: distant.png (400x382, 170K)

Oh fuck, forgot to turn the name thing off. Sorry, was fucking with some tripfag on another board last night.

That reminds me, what has Gainax been doing since Trigger became a thing? I haven't heard from them since like 2011 or so.

Row Row, fight the powah!

>the rights are not hard to get if they want them
>The same studio that literally killed Gainax by walking out and stealing their workers
>Leaving Gainax to scrape the bottom of the barrel for years

>Anyone else disappointed with the Kill la Kill roster?
Not really, considering that's all of the relevant characters

>a genre where you can literally re-invent characters via the sheer power of imagination

You're astoundingly stupid.

To be fair, when was the last time a fighting game actually went balls to the walls for a character's moveset?

surviving off merchandising
thats about it

Nigga go write fan fiction if you want your stupid ass gremlin to go Super Saiyan Blanco

Attached: gremlin.png (554x782, 181K)

They'd have to pull from literal one off characters to expand beyond the current roster. For a game on a tight budget, why even bother? Polish the important parts instead.

I'd understand if we were talking about a bigger, longer running series where the focus is on more characters - which is why One's Justice needed a roster the size it had. Kill la Kill doesn't, it needs polish/detail in its smaller roster.

Also 12 used to be not that weird for one off, low budget fighting games. You basically can't do less than 15 - 20 these days without people shitting themselves though.

Best girl is there, so that's all that matters.
Shame they had to include Nonon.

Requesting this image with a Monster bottle.

Adaptions mostly.

Dantalian
Medaka Box S1 and 2
Stella C3
Magica Wars

The only original they did was Wish Upon The Pleiades. And a lot of people will tell you that it's nothing special, but honestly I fucking loved it. Slow paced (think Aria/Amanchu) magical girl show about astronomy, with a lot of love for that wonder that astronomy gives some folks (myself included).

However each of those was one a year between 2011 and 2015, and they've done no major projects since. I believe they have a movie project in early production at the moment though.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Houkago no Pleiades - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.42_[2015.06.25_21.31.15].jpg (1280x720, 78K)

We need more characters.
Preferably some guest characters from P&S, TTGL or LWA or even Luluco.
That roster is looking weak.

lmao this is pretty much exactly what I expected out of this game.
I swear people see "arc system works" and go full retard.

Attached: 1529703067737.png (909x720, 892K)

I wonder what it'd be like if other anime had something similar to Dragon Ball Heroes.

>Medaka Box S1 and 2

I thought that was Bones

Attached: SDBH Gay Baby Jail.png (1272x703, 1.2M)

Nope, Gainax. I'm seeing Asahi Productions credited in places too but not Bones.

I'm pretty sure this was expected.
Only characters I could see them adding as DLC are Takarada (unlikely, not very popular) and the final versions of Ryuuko, Satsuki + Elite Four.

There's no reason to belive Tumugu can't make it in as a solo character. Also there's hope for the Elite 4 2nd and 3rd Uniforms, Takarada, the secretary and Ragyo final form with the swords and shit. 12 for what it is it's fine, most of arena fighters are cuantity over cuality and it really shows.

>Baby Janemba

Attached: oof.jpg (414x500, 65K)

Yeah, pretty sure any more DLC will be different forms of characters already on the roster. That's at least 10-14 more characters if they wanted to add them. And to be fair about the game's roster, this is one of the first arena fighters I've seen in years that put effort on the gameplay rather than the roster.

>Majin Baby Janemba

Attached: mbj card.jpg (340x498, 202K)

Genuinely feel sorry for you, you're a wageslave alright.

>Mako's free DLC
Dunno why she's DLC, not like there's much to use in terms of roster outside of making the equivalents of NUNS or DBZ BT's transformations/different movesets taking a character slot.
Hell is the richfag dude in?

I guess they just didn't have time to add her or Ai/Tsu. At least she and the other 2 are free.

Entire roster at release is in the OP, only ones not in the pic are Ryuuko and Satsuki's ultimate kamui forms which they confirmed were in already.

I honestly forgot those were in. If Ultimate Ryuuko and Satsuki are separate characters from base and dual-weilding, then that means HALF of the roster is just the main rivals.

>Goku and Vegeta all over again...

Re: Evangelion 4.0 You Shall (not) Release

>panty is already fucking people from the trigger universe

Any women in that list? It's confirmed that Panty's isn't afraid to feast on the yeast

Attached: XX_AS02PSwGiMS_006.jpg (1147x1619, 386K)

That's Khara, with help by Gainax.

Also fucking lel, Rebuild is still happening?

That thing is demonic and unholy in a new and completely different way.

>No Sukeban Deka guest characters
Fucking WHY? I just want to beat people up with Yo-Yos.

Attached: sukeban.jpg (1916x718, 171K)

I thought I’d heard end of this year/ next year.

I just watched the gameplay and holy shit, I'm actually surprised of how fucking awful it looks.

They lost the "x" to Anno, that claimed it as royalties. They're Gaina now.
Also, selling Tomatoes.

Attached: ogp.png (1200x630, 41K)

What does Satsuki's asshole taste like?

Attached: 1a40286903cd49ca429a7b30dc042285.jpg (1280x1280, 552K)

salty milk and coins

Attached: klk.jpg (2560x1440, 606K)

Attached: klk2.jpg (1306x1579, 1.26M)

Attached: klk3.jpg (745x830, 462K)

It looks very far from that, specially if you compare it to ANY other arena fighter.
youtube.com/watch?v=GTsQIi61Aq0 Take a look at 2:21

Who cares, really?
It's an arena fighter so most of them will play pretty much identically anyway.

>arena fighter
why. it looks so barren and empty. why not go for a musou or a proper fighting game.

Attached: ss+(2019-01-21+at+08.39.19).jpg (1217x766, 519K)

Attached: ss+(2019-01-24+at+10.12.37).jpg (1203x543, 365K)

Didn't they confirm another season last year at a convention?

>Pleiades
>original
It's based on an older (ONA?) series financed by Subaru.

Do they still own any of their old IPs?

sauce.

It's still shit compared to Gundam/Pokken/even fucking Super DBZ.

I read that one.

God I want to be her in it

exhentai.org/g/934840/8ae328090d/

Attached: ss+(2019-03-24+at+04.55.40).jpg (1204x994, 535K)

no, but they did say they wanted to make more
its up to gainax at this point as far as i know

Attached: bar.jpg (1350x1011, 201K)

KnK became dumbed down naturo clone, holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=vC1iYprN0r8

Attached: 0outtaten.jpg (686x582, 94K)

You saint among spermwyrms, you king of kegels, you prince of penises
Thank you

But user, all naruto games, and by proxy all arena fighters are dumbed down Budokai 3 clonses. This game at least doesn't have those shitty mechanics that your awfull video showcased.

>It's still shit compared to Gundam/Pokken
Yeah no shit Sherlock, think about the budget those titanic IP have to spare.
>even Super DBZ
That's not a fair comparision and you know it.

budokai 3 wasn't an arena fighter
you're thinking off tenkaichi

Not only is that a real thing I'm witnessing
>English voices
On top of it, YIKES

I dont understand, outside of the "dude multiple forms of the main characters as different fighters lmoa" retardation that is cancerous but also present in every Anime fighter ever the roster seems to hit all the major notes.

If I recall correctly (and I'm pretty sure I do) those are ALL the reoccurring characters with combat prowess. If anything I feel like putting in fight club Mako and the DTR boys on top of the rest of this cast is pretty good.

Did you honestly expect meme characters like the one-off club captains?

Attached: 1428523602038-1.png (652x720, 270K)

>why not go for a musou
no more musous, please

where's lods of emony guy?

He's about the only character I could realistically consider to be absent. And even then his inclusion is more in the "cherry on top" category along with the DTR boys and fight club Mako.

I wish Satsuki would sit on my face

Attached: 1544604019928.jpg (309x163, 11K)

It's a 24 episode series. There's not much more fighters to choose from. Even the Nudist beach guys is stretching it.

Hello, fellow gamer.

Attached: joker.jpg (500x500, 105K)