Do you think it will ever be possible to sell your steam games?

Do you think it will ever be possible to sell your steam games?
Would you like an option like this?
How would you implement it?

Attached: 35345345.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

I'd like it but it would never happen. What would steam get out of buying your digital games.

It would a fantastic option but impossible to implement

Totally impossible yeah.

if you buy through steam you dont own the game they are giving you permission to play it and said permission can be revoked at valve's discretion .

Attached: 1553338361595.gif (652x562, 285K)

You own a license, retard.

I doubt it because then everyone would just refund every single game they have already beaten and then Valve would have to spend millions or possibly billions giving their customers money.

Based

How would that work?

>read the EULA.
yeah and it can be revoked , retard .

i believe that rubbing your asshole turns you into a homosexual.

Yes but there has never been a case of that happening. Its practially just something people like to throw around to shit on steam, just like how MAGA morons throw around "but hillary's emails".

You get vac banned in a game, you still keep it. Game was sold for a limited time on steam but now its gone? Its still there. Ect

It will never happen because
>muh retarded toaster analogy

Attached: 2019-03-24_12-16-56.png (613x74, 17K)

are you insane?
steam is the way off life and our most important posession. instead of shitposting like that you should just buy more games on steam
#fuckepic #fuckchina

>EULA
>holding up in court
If they revoke your access to shit you bought, you can easily sue and win.

im not against getting ur stuff via steam , is were most of my library is. i'm just pointing out why that will never happen .

yeah right?
i wonder how sony stays in business

Like others have said, it'd be great, but how the hell would it work?

I mean, the main reason second-hand sales work in the real world is because of new-vs-used.
Plenty of people prefer to buy new since they are getting a never used product that is (probably) covered by warranty and store policy. Others prefer used because even though it might no last as long or have any benefits, it's much cheaper.
These things don't really apply to a digital download.

What?

Someone give me a quick rundown on this.

When I buy a game on steam, I'm actually buying the right to download and play it from Valve servers. Let's say I 'sell' my right to Valve for 10% of what I pay. Now Valve could sell that 'right' again to a new customer without having to generate a new cd-key.

How could this work without devs or Valve losing money?

Most important question, how much would you trim your library if this was a thing?

I would probably get rid of 90% of mine.

Attached: D1zZqB0WwAACF6g.jpg (1069x1200, 109K)

Dev and Valve get a cut from the sale, just like market trading but higher.
Game must have been owned for 6+ months, thus you avoid chargebacks and any negative impact trading would have during a game's early sales. General market rules and restrictions apply.

Even if Steam wants to do it the publishers won't want it to happen.

I dig it.

You severely underestimate how much of a pain in the ass it is to trade in your physical copy

Unlink game and put it in inventory. Market sellable to get XX% into Valve's and dev pocket. Making used games cheapened in price to combat sellers as consequence. The initial cash to buy was already pocketed. The market purchases are just extra on top and combat "key sites" easily. A 5 year old game noone would buy makes 0 money. A second hand market copy would make at least a quarter. (Make used games not drop cards to secure that part of the revenue flow).

I hate how steam removed gift holding
sometimes I wanna buy future bday gifts that were on sale or just gifts to give when I feel like it

Used market in general feels like a fucking nightmare to me.
Dealing with jews and retard is not worth the effort. I usually end up gifting things I don't need to friends. I'd rather give away a computer than sell it to some jew for 15% of it's value.

>Dev and Valve get a cut from the sale
Wouldn't they get more if they just made you buy the game from them though

I'd probably keep like 5-6 games

You may grind your games into gems. :^)

This guy gets it.

I would only keep CSGO unironically.

>Rent car
>Never return it
>Gets take in for grand theft auto
>WTF I PAYED FOR IT!

>car analogy
hahahaHAHAHAHA

>"rent" it at full price without any return time.
>rent

>PAYED

Is this a common thing? I've read it countless times here and I'm unsure whether if it comes from non native English speakers or retards.

>rent a car analogy
>I PAYED
user, just stop posting

Attached: 1539147393729.png (303x311, 165K)

>lease food
>take a shit on it
>return it
>???????????????????????????????