Anyone feel like the contrarianism is reaching its peak on Yea Forums...

Anyone feel like the contrarianism is reaching its peak on Yea Forums? Every thread I enter there are countless of posters shitting on games, be it new games or old classics. I knew it was always like this, but I see an increase in this and its starting to worry me a little bit. Are there any other websites/forums for people who like videogames? Because Yea Forums does not like videogames.

Attached: 1553212634179.jpg (818x960, 103K)

It's better than bandwagoning

>Yea Forums is one person

Attached: 8nRqoXW.png (800x729, 48K)

Pretty sure there are a lot of people who are around just to troll, but there's also tons of people that just want to sow discord.

Technically it's the same thing, except you are bandwagoning the "hate culture".

>buzzwords

Attached: get-off-vent-or-ill-have-you-bent.jpg (250x250, 59K)

Seems like it lately. I see alot of replies that are exactly the same, no one says anything new or valuable. People just enter the thread, dont even read it, post their contrarian opinion that has been repeated hundreds of times fishing for (you)s and it just ends there. No good discussion comes out of it, its just pointless.

That's not hate, just trying to appear smart.

It's not even contrarianism anymore, it's just sheer shite. People shitting on everything, new and old is just a the smaller symptom of a mass insanity that has taken over the board. This place is now the gathering spot for pure human waste. 70% of all threads are about manufactured political drama, most of it being people freaking out about female character models, or intentionally fueling platform wars, screeching about trannies, or complaining about the god damn sun. It's beyond belief. There is nothing human left here. It's more obsessively political than ResetEra, more desperately meme-parroting than Reddit at it's worst, and less interested in non-absolute-mainstream games than the fucking IGN crowd.

Pretty much, yeah

It is bandwagoning your fucking faggot. It's just less game related and even worse informed than the worst bandwagoning on other sites.

Most people have no fucking idea what they're talking about and Yea Forums or Yea Forums specifically aren't any different

Been saying it for a while: Yea Forums is for people who hate video games. /vg/ is slightly better but the topics there are limited

it's called shilling and astro-turfing, gramps, video games are multimillion dollar productions.
Imageboards are ideological warzones, either keep up or stick to newspapers.

Attached: 1507068436460s.jpg (234x250, 11K)

>you can't shit on classics
Why not?

Classics are mostly shit, and so are you.

It’s called there are a lot of people that come to Yea Forums and in general people are more likely to shit on something they don’t like than they are to praise something they do like.

Calm your tits and go back then

>Yea Forums does not like videogames
How new are you? Alot of the hate is false of course. Alot of the hate comes from people who actually love the games trying to gatekeep from newer people.

>Yea Forums:
>"I do not like game"
>some users may or may not get mad at this statement, depends on if it's a blatant troll
>absolutely no action from the site itself at all, can continue posting as normal

>Literally -any- other Internet discussion forum/board on the World Wide Web:
>"I do not like game"
>If said game is popular with the forum, you'll get called a troll, reported and probably banned OR it turns out mod/admin likes said game and immediately bans you

Don't even get me started on subreddits for games controlled by it's own company/devs.

Attached: islep.jpg (311x260, 35K)

/vg/ talks about games retards on Yea Forums probably dont know exist/ i'd say they topics on Yea Forums are more limited especially when 10 of the thread are the same thing reworded different. And especially when a big game like smash bros or currently vtmb gets announced you cant talk about anything else

>>Literally -any- other Internet discussion forum/boards
You are blowing this our of proprotion, but surely if you go to a forum about a specific game to call it shit, then they are doing their job properly.

OP do not run away.

Join the redpill cause and fix this blight on our community. I certainly won't stand for girl gamer / shills / furries / hormone deficient people (gay / lesbos.) to ruin what we once had.

Start your redpill journey here:

reddit and resetera are digital North Korea.
Being a patron here long enough has made me unsuitable for the rest of the net. The sheer amount of rage and vitriol I have to shave off after prefacing my opinions with an ideological fellatio is absurd.
Forums and social media are simply lesser mediums.

>Anyone feel like the contrarianism is reaching its peak on Yea Forums?

No.

Yes. It's the evil corporations. No fucking chance that it's actually just the users being assholes and intentionally fuelling conflict themselves, just like you do.

Reddit is just a giant centralised forum, therefore everything that was wrong with forums is hugely magnified to the nth degree, with the added cancer of downvoting (which is almost always used on other opinions).

they have 7 to 8 figure marketing budgets, moron.
Personally, I don't give a shit, like most people.

No, most people, including you are actually obsessed with this whole "they are out to get me", and as a result screech about "viral" every time they see anything actually resembling a videogame discussion, further increasing the problem of this board being unable to do anything than making obnoxious angry noises, going absolutely off topic and generally being absolute fucking shit.

YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS are one of the main reasons why this board went to hell. NO amount of shilling and "astroturfing" could have done anywhere near the amount of damage as you fucking trashpiles have.

>complaining about the god damn sun
I'm sorry, what?

It' s just the discord trannies that tried to flood /pol/ with their dank yanggang memes.

As those have failed miserably they are now back to Yea Forums and try to latch onto anything their little dilated flesh wounds can find.

yeah, I'm problem, not the idiot who typed out a raging paragraph in order to contest the bitter truth just now.
Eat shit and die, bro.

Attached: Me101115c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 28K)

that's called viral marketing, you room temp IQ trog.

We unironically need country flags and user IDs.

Hating everything because everybody on Yea Forums does it is also bandwagoning user.

this isn't reddit, moran, people form their own opinion.
Good games seldom get shit on.

I've been coming to this shithole for over ten years and I never recall Yea Forums being anything other than a cesspool of confrontational shitposting. The only difference now is that there are, if you can believe it, far less off-topic posts/threads than there were years ago, and no that's not an exaggeration. Yea Forums was about 30% video game related shitposting and 70% Yea Forums-2.0 until janitors and the reporting system came into being.

Attached: 14232523_10154592036801812_7531621907774982504_n.jpg (960x960, 114K)

>reaching
We're already there

That would just make it worse, it would turn into people bashing the country the poster is from in response to vidya opinions they don't like and after four or five posts every thread would just devolve into that bullshit instead of talking about whatever video game was originally brought up.

Then again it'd be pretty entertaining.

>Good games seldom get shit on.

Name some of these "good" games that seldom get shit on here. Name any games that seldom get shit on here. I'll wait.

Ghost Trick

Vampire bloodlines (one week ago)

You are lying. Or at least partially lying.
It's true that off-topic bullshit has always been here. And always obnoxious. And it's true that Yea Forums has always been confrontational.
But the scope was NOWHERE near as bad as it is now. In sheer volume of off-topics, maybe, but they were separate from actual videogame discussion. And there used to be actual videogame discussion. Something that is virtually non-existent here. Yeah you had to go through obnoxious "Putting your games in fridge" and "tipping" and "YFWNGF" and shit, and there have been generals that needed to be moved to another board entirely.

But you ALWAYS had actual videogame discussion between that. Not fucking political bullshit, not pure rages about character models in a game that is more than year from release because TRAAAANIIIIIISSSSSSS".

Actual fucking recommendation threads. Actual niche genre threads. People avoided talking about mainstream titles, people asked about what interesting games there are, and other people answered.

And this is missing now. The off-topic shit was annoying, the occasional trolls as well, but it was BENIGN, and it was a necessary evil justified by the fact that there were also discussion WORTH participating in here.

What is the last time you saw functional rec. thread here?
This place has changed for worse so much it's actually beyond belief. If you deny that, then you haven't been here, or you have been one of those people who dragged this board down.

This is like telling a woman that it's her fault she got raped by a pack of niggers because she had the nerve to walk down the street after dark.

Well it is.

I can tell by typing pattern alone that you don't belong either, faggot
>muh rec threads
they happen daily. Fuck off to reddit if you can't into subtext.

Attached: 1534394780900.jpg (420x300, 13K)

Nah, you're just a newfriend, or have your nostalgia goggles on too tight. Go look at some archived threads from years ago. It was always a shithole of shitty shitposting and likely always will be.

Touché.

I've always found it funny that non-video game related discussions on Yea Forums were always the most civil and reasoned. Even political arguments when not tied into video games was far more tame and thought out than the back and forth shithurling that happens in actual video game threads.

Attached: f2b[1].jpg (567x709, 347K)

>Name some of these "good" games that seldom get shit on here
Factorio, Dusk, VTM:B being my most popular "let's shit on it because people don't shit on it" titles of recent memory.

It's the same mentally ill dude.

That's every board and only because it hasn't been talked to death there. As much as I miss CULTUREposting, it was cancer at the time on Yea Forums. Now no one know what a dragon dildo is.

Legend of Zelda
Near a tomato
DMC3
Taiko no Tatsujin
Katamari Damacy
Space Channel 5
Just Dance 20XX
Initial D

Ocarina of Time is shit, deal with it. It's outdated as fuck and nearly unplayable.

im guessing he's referring to the whole cyberpunk 2077 shitstorm

>dude its not /pol/fags is just tranies from the discord
>please believe me
No

VTM:B is catching flack because the sequel smells like dogshit.
It was always a janky ass game, dude

fuck off tranny. Everyone and their mother is onto you and your crying /pol/

welcome to the age where your beloved stress relief medium is raped by corporate dicks who cares as much about your enjoyment as the frozen dogshit in -10 degrees left at the park. Even the guy who is responsible to keeping the park clean just picks it up and tosses it away. Also in case you didn't notice a good 50% of Yea Forums is unironic redditors and hardcore leftists.
Its tiresome but what else is there for you? The only company who actually wants you to just sit down and have fun with a Godforsaken video game is capcom. Fucking capcom. Yes THAT capcom. Everthing else is "how do you do fellow video gamers?" Its not helping either that streaming is so big and this seasonal crap with unfinished games which can be played forever are considered as the crown jewel.

Face it fampai: you are old, I'm old, we are old. You can be fed with pure shit but you are already built up resistance against it, and you can make accurate judgements due to the stagnated industry which only rehashes what it already knows but never tries to step out of the beaten path. Natural bitterness comes from this, you have seen it you played it, it was good and while wanting more of the good 'ol stuff, you also want something good new stuff. To top this the industry itself not only abandoned but straight up ANTAGONIZED this 20-30 something people. So yeah you have every right to be a judgemental cinical asshole who is jaded and moody, because punching yourself is retarded, when you are not the core of the problem but rather a developer exploiting a card-collecting endless game with skins on it is.
They'll continue because it works, and you have no control over it, but the stupid normie and zoomer has, who is now the target audience, not you.

TL;DR
Gaming is unsaveable that's why everyone is moody. Get a new hobby because this one is dead, or worst case play jap games.

Attached: proper keyboard.jpg (960x720, 59K)

Yea Forums is NOT contrarian about everything retard. Kill yourself.

>seems like it lately
that's a funny way to say "since 2007"

It’s literally bandwagon. Fpwp

New to these waters?

Yea Forums is a completely worthless board.
/vr/ and /vg/ are plenty suitable as containment boards. There's really no reason for this place to continue to exist. It just serves as a way to attract underage fags to the site, akin to old Yea Forums, only even more retarded.

>people don't shit on weeb games no one has heard about
wow I wonder

Yea Forums literally never changes dude.

I stopped browsing Yea Forums in 2013 and only returned in 2018 to shitpost about the horny dragons in the new spyro game and I couldn't fucking believe how similar Yea Forums was.

All the other boards underwent some kind of seismic shift during that time period, Yea Forums was utterly destroyed between 2013 and 2018, comfy /trash/ disappeared like 9 months after it was made, Yea Forums lost all it's culture.

But Yea Forums?

Yea Forums was exactly the same as when I left it.

Attached: patrick.jpg (550x550, 51K)

Agreeing with everyone else wouldn’t be contrarian retard, it doesn’t matter if the opinion is negative. If it was contrarianism we were talking about then there would be a mix of opinions because everyone would be trying to out-contrarian each other, and then there’d be people like op trying to out-contrarian the contrarians by shirking contrarianism

I did basically the same thing, but found it to be a little bit worse now. What stands out for me is the culture war thing that infects so many vidya threads, which is different than the PLUS TIP threads we had back in 2013 which would stand separate from the vidya.

Shoo, shoo, tranny jew

Thats because cucks from Resetera moved here

that's a given but that was all in full swing by the time I left. Maybe I left a little later than I thought, 2014 maybe? yeah it was in the middle of goob goms

>thing you don't care about
>calm if it's shit

>thing you care about
>rage if it's shit

is that really surprising?

Ah yeah, I think that was 2014 I think. I had left shortly before it started.

>2013
That explains it.