"I don't know, but I think anybody who opposes Steam should be destroyed."

>"I don't know, but I think anybody who opposes Steam should be destroyed."

What did Yea Forums mean by this?

Attached: 3b0i.jpg (735x528, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2018/03/16/nintendo-switch-sales-save-blossom-tales-devs-from-shutting-down/
kotaku.com/super-meat-boy-is-the-latest-port-to-sell-better-than-e-1822056498
pcgamer.com/tim-sweeney-microsoft-uwp-is-still-woefully-inadequate/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796787357
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why are gamers so fucking stupid? no other consumer group acts like this

>"ITS A FREE MARKET IF YOU CAN ONLY BUY THE GAME AT ONE STORE!!!!! EPIC IS RIGHT TO PAY FOR EXCLUSIVES!!!!!!"

Valve fanboys have been loyal for like two decades now. They're too emotionally invested to think rationally.

Attached: 1548402895512.jpg (1703x971, 525K)

One of the Yea Forumsalve fanboys is gonna have to explain it

>Game devs: We support the free market
>Also game devs: Wtf why isn't Steam forcing those entitled manchildren gamers to buy my game?
What did they mean by this?

Attached: Epic Shop prelude.jpg (886x608, 213K)

It's their money and they can do what they want with it. Valve could literally do the same. If you personally don't like it, pay up some money to make it exclusive to your store.

>release games on Steam or go to jail
No one has said this.

Yes, that's called the free market. They are free to strike whatever deal they wish and you are free to deicde what product you want to consume.

>valve could do the same
I don't fucking want them to. There is no reason why we need console wars coming to fucking pc. It's one thing to have a game you've made be exclusive to your platform, it's fucking aids just paying someone to make their game exclusive to you though

I decided to not buy it.

Most people don't give a flying fuck about devs, though, I only care about how the end product ultimately performs. Do you see miners complaining about how much effort it takes to get the condiment on your table? No, because you paid for it and expect it to do as advertised.
>inb4 muh food analogy
People don't care about the guys who welded my car together either, only if it's watertight when paid for.
Your livelihood is literally my entertainment, so either dance like a good monkey or pursue a different career; I am not amused.

Attached: 1ee730e96b1959796dfe6f86f03e35a4.jpg (1000x700, 69K)

Exclusives of all kinds should be illegal. HOWEVER, I would be okay with a "timed" exclusive. For example, Game is exclusive to Epic Games Store on PC and...I dunno, let's say Switch, for the first year, and then it comes to Steam and the other consoles afterward. But to say "You must get X to get Game or you'll never play it" is anti-consumer because not everyone can afford or has the space for everything.

>look up orphan
>grimdark 2D platformer where you're a big headed child in a hostile world

These are the people moaning about steam's curation

Developers have all the rights to publish their games wherever they want.
As a consumer, I have all the rights to only buy games in the plataforms of my choice.
If the game isn't on the plataform of my choice, I simply won't buy it.

Attached: 35750d79ef0cc7259de8fc37f995820f.gif (640x360, 1.18M)

Fuck chinks

They are 1 year timed exclusives.

He's 100% right about Steam being a garbage heap that buries devs

Here's the part where the Steamer acts like selling 300 copies is worthwhile

Attached: xpzy.jpg (835x856, 39K)

Exclusivity is not pro consumer. Yea Forums would be fine with everything if the game was available everywhere else.

and yet, he's still accomplished more in life than you ever will.

>>oh how dare a bunch of other people release games at the same time as me. ONLY I DESERVE AN AUDIENCE, I'VE WORKED 12 YEARS.

That's very good actually. Even the dev is super happy.

>Indie dev celebrates selling his passion project with core fans

Why is this something to get annoyed over? 300 sales is meaningful for you if its your first game

Helps when you make a good game chow mein

Attached: Capture.png (968x883, 763K)

Okay what about this

bleedingcool.com/2018/03/16/nintendo-switch-sales-save-blossom-tales-devs-from-shutting-down/

>#NintendoSwitch community is a blessing! #BlossomTales is now a turnaround story: Humble indie dev @castlepixel can stay in business and continue making games. Love y’all! 3 months #Switch revenues surpass #Steam lifetime revenues 20 times!

If not for the Switch port, they would have been out of business

>No name dev
>Happy about selling 300 copies
What's wrong here? He sold 300 copies he definitely wouldn't have without steam

>console wars
>having games locked behind $400 pieces of hardware
>meanwhile seething steamcucks like yourself are crying over free to download digital platforms
lmmmmmmmaooooooo

Attached: be8.png (330x319, 156K)

make a more interesting game next time

>early megaman clone
did he expect more?

See? Like I said, Valve drones defending 300 copies sold on fucking STEAM

kotaku.com/super-meat-boy-is-the-latest-port-to-sell-better-than-e-1822056498

>The Switch though has seen a number of ports sell better than anticipated. Despite already being out for over three years, the Switch version of Shovel Knight sold better than any of the other versions at launch according to its developer, Yacht Club Games. Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap, Forma.8, and other games have seen similar success. SMG Studios noted in September that Death Squared sold more on the Switch in the first three days than all other platforms it released on combined, while the same thing happened to the Zelda-like exploration game Oceanhorn. And then there was SteamWorld Dig 2, Immage & Form’s action platformer that sold 10 times more on Switch than on Steam.

>anti-Steam faggot is a Switch fanboy
KYS.

What an odd insult to go for, almost like you were personally insulted in some way.

Kill yourself indie cuck, you'll never be famous making the videogame equivalent of oscar bait.

Kek steam drones btfo

Just fuck off Switch drone.

Gamers are the most anti-consumers consumers I’ve ever seen.

>zelda like game having more success on nintendo platform than pc platform
Who would have known!

STFU AND BUY A SWITCH!!!

Why do you think every game is entitled to sell and make money just by existing?
No other industry acts so entitled.

Odd? I'm simply highlighting the truth. Say what you want about indie devs, at least they're going out of their way to accomplish a goal. Meanwhile you're a hopeless, sad, miserable existence who will never achieve anything in life.

any extra barrier is two high when you can just pirate it. this especially includes installing a new "market place" created by a terrible game company swimming in chinese money.

Epic won't bail you out you know, they only want successful developers

free market is gay autism that only boomers and low IQ cucks believe in

I don't want to download your spyware Tim Swine sorry

>Oy, why am I treated the same as these kulak goys, I am god's chosen, I deserve more attention and fame than those animals in human skin

Why the fuck are you so obsessed with this game?

>Gaben is so studly, I want him in my boipussy right nao.

But srsly the choice is between evil megacorp in training and Chinese spi's there isn't really a good option save supporting trump for emperor.

Attached: image (1).jpg (400x560, 94K)

I HAVE A SWITCH I BOUGH BLOSSOM TALES ON IT! I DONT WANT TO SPEND $12 ON AN INDIE GAME LIKE THIS ON A PLATFORM I CANT TAKE IT WITH ME, ITS ONE OF THOSE GAMES THAT ARE IDEAL ON THE GO. BUT IF WERE TALKING ABOUT PC PLATFORMS, I DONT WANT TO REINSTALL EVERY GAME ONCE I MOVE THE INSTALL TO A NEW HARD DRIVE/SSD BECAUSE THE EPIC GAME STORE DOESNT SUPPORT RECOGNIZING EXISTING INSTALLS AND JUST REDOWNLOADS THE 60+ GB ITS A SHIT PLATFORM IN ITS CURRENT STATE

if you dont like steam, you can always make your own launcher

>mfw niggers on Yea Forums actually defend epic
name one positive thing(for consumers) that Epic does better than steam

Attached: disappointedpepe.jpg (550x422, 35K)

fuck the free market

COMMUNISM NOW

ALL HAIL TENCENT AND GLORIOUS XI JINPING

>two high

Attached: 1516746442351.jpg (645x729, 88K)

The fact that I support free market doesn't make me support all decisions coming from it. It's that simple.

>>anti-consumer
you keep saying these words, I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

there isn't much more anti consumer than "exclusives"

Fuck off chink shill

Attached: 1547728744020.jpg (298x877, 54K)

No you don't get, if publishers get more money then they will spend more on making games better. It will all "trickle down" if you will

TIANANMEN SQUARE MASSACRE 1989 WINNIE THE POOH

I support free market which is why I refuse to buy a game that is released exclusively on a chink client that steals my data

is that so fucking hard to understand? Free market means that companies can do whatever the fucking want but they should know that there will be consequences from the consumers

>>auto correct wuts dat

>waaaaah why is my shit indie game not on the first page and pushed onto everyone?
Cringe cuck.

TINYMEN SQUARE
>TINYMEN SQUARE
TINYMEN SQUARE
>TINYMEN SQUARE
TINYMEN SQUARE
>TINYMEN SQUARE
TINYMEN SQUARE

I love it when shills promote Epic and shit on Steam cause of "muh cut" but then will get denied by Epic because their game is just not good enough. Say what you want about Steam but at least they allow any game to be on it while Epic will likely deny anything that is below AA

Attached: Epic shill will get his heart broken when he finds out they dont accept crappy games.jpg (1094x273, 131K)

>Capitalism is good

Attached: 1499278555905.jpg (250x164, 6K)

>if publishers get more money then they will spend more on making games shittier.

this

You have all your right to be mad at ES, but additional financiation from exclusivity will make the game better (more money - more content, duh). And I'd rather have a fully developed game on ES than underdeveloped one on steam. Especially taking into account it will be on steam a year after.

Attached: 1551683054079.gif (250x341, 2.88M)

>i-it's the autocorrect! i-i'm not stupid trust me! my g-grammar is good!

Attached: 1505996091903.png (645x729, 50K)

When did anyone say they care about some "free market" ideal?
People have voted universally for generations now for government to crack down on anti-consumer policies instead of some nebulous free market.

Not that I'm defending Epic here, but I distinctly recall a hell of a lot of people against Steam ever giving refunds back before they caved in

Of course, and I'm also free to pirate the game, which is the decision that I've made for Epic store exclusives.

pcgamer.com/tim-sweeney-microsoft-uwp-is-still-woefully-inadequate/

"Well, I should be very clear," Sweeney said. "The thing that I feel is incredibly important for the future of the industry is that the PC platform remains open, so that any user without any friction can install applications from any developer, and ensure that no company, Microsoft or anybody else, can insert themselves by force as the universal middleman, and force developers to sell through them instead of selling directly to customers."
Reminder that Epic Games CEO is a hypocrite and is anti-consumer

>it's another screencap of literalywho's article thread
Yawn

The only good thing about ES is 12% cut. Everything else - from exclusives to spyware - is crap.

Let's hope Volvo will lower their share as well.

I too hope they start funding games instead of buying finished ones.

STEAM NEEDS THE 30% CUT TO LIVE! IF THEY STOP TAKING 30% VALVE WILL LITERALLY GO BANKRUPT! WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU WANT THAT?

Attached: steamfanboy.png (249x419, 134K)

>$15 indie game

Attached: 1550545273404.jpg (540x467, 24K)

>it's the anti-valve/bethesda autist seething episode
ayy lmao.

Its more like "I support the free market but as a consumer i have a choice and i choose to fuck you if i dont like your store"

Centralization is the ultimate evil and always leads to mass suffering

You just killed 5 rebellious Chinese teens who saw forbidden maymays, I hope you are happy user.

Attached: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (389x550, 42K)

> emotionally invested
You could've said in generally invested. They probably have 1000's of bucks spent on that store.

It's hilarious because it's obvious they are only doing it for getting a foothold in the market

Once the store gets popular, their rate will be exactly the same as Steam, maybe even worse.
This tactic has been overused so much, It makes me laugh, that there are still idiots that fall for it

Gamers and devs are naive stupid idiots, all the sugary cereal they eat all day rotted their brain

Why do people keep targetting valve to lower their cut? Most other digital storefronts take 30%. It's only Epic trying to undercut the market with an unsustainable share which has already shown to be detrimental since GOG had to end their fair pricing program over it.

I love these threads where faggots shit on valve but act like epic is the only alternative. Not downloading that chink shop.

>auto correct
Why would you keep it enabled? Do you have some sort of dyslexia? Because if you don't then you must be one retarded fucker.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (611x393, 52K)

When did the 'PC master race' become so dependent on Steam in the first place that it came to this? It's a PC game. You should be able to buy a physical copy, a game can have a launcher that checks for optional updates (don't tell me this costs more to implement than Steam's 30% cut), and you're gravy.

Now you're all slaves to Steam and Epic and whatever other DRM stores come around. Some 'master race'. "Oh no, Might & Magic 6 might not get approved by Steam, and if it's not on Steam, it's sales will be so low that they might as well not bother releasing it!' said nobody back in the day. You dug your own grave.

shutup ok you're taking it too far

Well, since they "buy" unfinished ones they effectively funding them. If a dev can establish a financial sequtiry for his workers through exclusivity he will make it.

>name one positive thing(for consumers) that Epic does better than steam
Have fucking standarts
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796787357

Attached: 1541428746923.gif (500x375, 249K)

yes. you really do sound like that.

Or you can just pirate, nobody wants to play shitty console game with poorfags like you m8.

>4 years to make a rip off of another indie game that sold off novelty that looks like it has a month of actual work put into it and released into a market flooded with other such copies
>why am I not a millionaire now after making a game?

I don't understand why it is so hard for people in the game industry to accept that their work was not good enough compared to other markets.

>shutup ok you're taking it too far

Attached: e09.png (645x729, 69K)