Seriously what's the main draw of the new xenoblade?

Seriously what's the main draw of the new xenoblade?

>Inb4 waifus

Attached: 1551768075917.jpg (415x600, 40K)

Husbandos

Music and fighting.

Japanese Humor

Nia!

Giant world filled with insane monsters, mechs and minge.

>minge
What the hell is minge?

behold

Attached: dxgzs.png (431x911, 471K)

JRPGs with good cutscene direction and a core gameplay loop that isn't just "walk down hallway until next cutscene".

Attached: 1537426050876.jpg (2048x1152, 418K)

I find the gameplay fun.

The story got boring and needlessly complex, so I stopped following it half-way through.

Environments, music, pretty decent story, various fairly deep systems to play with

Question:
What's a good setup for the whole: Break > Topple > Launch > Smash thing?

I'm Lv34, currently tracking down a maid robot, and I only just executed the Smash combo for the first time (entirely by chance).

Right now I only have 2 non-story rare blades because I'm waiting to unlock other party members before I start gambling away my rare cores, and not being able to execute elemental burst and the Smash comboes kinda turns fighting random enemies into a slog.

Attached: 1547905004405.jpg (1447x2047, 3.47M)

If you put an Axe on Rex he can topple > launch > smash after Nia breaks. Don't worry about cores, just use them until you have a team you like.

>Right now I only have 2 non-story rare blades because I'm waiting to unlock other party members
Don't wait for Nia she's the only healer you'll get
You might as well gamble some rares on her and rex until you have 3 blades you like on each

Yeah this, let the AI break then do the rest yourself.

Shouldn't I be saving Cores for Zeke and Morag?

I don't think those two being playable is really a spoiler, because they're obviously important.

What I currently have are Roc and Wulfric on Rex; Anodyne on Nia, and Finch on Rex too by accident (whoops; also I wasted all my Overdrives not realising it used an incredibly rare consumable, so double whoops).
Not ideal by any means.

But okay, thank you both. I'll try to find a decent Axe blade for Rex. Not necessarily a Rare blade though, because I've been advised that Rex can use all blades past a certain point in the game.
I hope the elemental system becomes more intuitive though. It feels like they deliberately designed it so that it's hard to set up more than 1-2 orbs at once.

Attached: 1547715075971.jpg (613x900, 122K)

Why would you save them? Do you plan on literally never ever using Nia?

Nah Nia's great, but between Droamarch and Anodyne I'd like to spec her with a third Healing blade and when I only have 10 rare cores odds are poor I'm going to get her one.

Attached: DxmuF4lUUAAoKri.jpg orig.jpg (2480x3508, 790K)

Music, world, fun battle system and it's basically the only jRPG to do overworld right. I'm sick of playing through shitty corridors, see pic related.

Attached: 1552255783922.jpg (1920x1080, 193K)

Cores are infinite. By the time you reach end-game 15 rare cores won't even be worth the time it takes to open them. Also you can get Vess right now if you go back to Torigoth.

Fair enough.
Is Vess good? She looks kinda gross so I haven't bothered continuing her quest.

Nia with Vess/Floren/Dromarch/Boreas/Ursula is the most OP shit. Infinite HP.

Nah, is to spite faggots like the one you replied, who shitpost saying that "xbc2 is dead!"

Fun Singleplayer MMO in neat setting with cool looking robots.

HNNNNNG THICCCCCCC

I line them up by giving Nia the Beta Scope to reduce enemy resistance to Breaks, then equip her with only Bitball blades, granting her a Break attack on every blade.
Rex with 2 Axe Blades + Pandoria
Rok on Rex
Equip every party member with Overclocking Bangle so they have very fast blade switches, and equip Fast Blade Switch aux cores on all the blades that have Driver Combo attacks.

I can usually pull off 20-30 Driver Combos on the Relentless Arduran doing this.

Fair enough, I'll go grab Vess.
Thanks again dudes.

And thank you to you as well. Sounds like a really good setup; I've noted that down.

Also if you're reading this thread and you're one of those lucky bastards who managed to order the Mythra/Hikari figure before it went out of stock, congrats dude, I envy the shit out of you.

Attached: DtaPWXyUwAA-T4U.jpg orig.jpg (604x1024, 154K)

>Mythra is currently in transit
Can't wait, her sister feels a bit alone right now

Attached: DSC08414.jpg (1500x1000, 363K)

>Rex with 2 Axe Blades + Pandoria*
hat should read Zeke, not Rex, I'm a retard.

So do you control Zeke, or Rex, in this scenario?

Attached: 1547886764010.jpg (1006x1242, 244K)

Attached: 73845777_p0.png (700x1094, 811K)

Attached: pneuma (xenoblade (series) and etc) drawn by hinot - 94dcb2b7ed2e9022b2708f3c64b8cf83.jpg (1057x1500, 591K)

I normally control Rex with Mythra/Pyra+Roc+Bonus blade (Wulfric is a good choice as he also has a driver combo attack).
Nia constantly sets up combos with Break, Zeke with 2x Axe + Pandoria has Topple+Launch (you can also Topple with Mythra/Pyra), then you finish it off with Roc's smash. In 40 minutes I farmed about 50 rare core crystals and 10 legendary core crystals from the Relentless Arduran.

Neat.
Sounds really good.

Thanks again.

Attached: Du8e3COU0AA9IfH.jpg orig.jpg (2480x3508, 576K)

I'd buy a Pneuma scale in that pose in a heartbeat. I don't care if it would cost 28K JPY.

Attached: D2MMKNhUcAY5RsP.jpg orig.jpg (2048x2048, 776K)

Attached: Sleep.png (900x623, 1.37M)

Aegaeon is an underrated Blade well, it's true he's not that powerful, unless I missed something?

Attached: D2aNg3FUgAMZgtJ.jpg orig.jpg (1572x2000, 1010K)

Attached: IMG_20190313_173730.jpg (1535x2048, 274K)

The draw of the new Xenoblade is the fact that it's the new Xenoblade, you retard.

Thicc cat.

I feel it, this E3 we'll finally get news about Monolith's new project, their supposedly fantasy action game. After that, I feel like it'll be too late. The best releases windows are end year, and march. An E3 reveal fit those, otherwise we'll have to wait until nov-dec 2020 or march 2021.

Attached: D2TK1VVWoAEd4Gw.jpg orig.jpg (846x1000, 171K)