Be ubishit

>be ubishit
>make a game with top-notch graphics by 2014 standards, giant crowd and 1700s era Paris recreated on 1:1 scale
>fuck it up by releasing it before it was finished
>proceed to make ugly ass games instead of going after Unity's technological achievements
God i hate ubishit

Attached: ima3332ge.jpg (3360x1890, 2.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YixF6p7YVeU
youtube.com/watch?v=gPvoghEm9Ow&
youtube.com/watch?v=_WVEo4yXpho
assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Abstergo_Entertainment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1:1 scale

Attached: 1550945565264.jpg (750x786, 96K)

Forgot to mention new GOAT movement/killing animation system. By far the best from any ubishit game youtube.com/watch?v=YixF6p7YVeU

I still love the graphics and atmosphere, but it had 2 things that held it back and drove me off

>too many and too crazy server bridge breakup shit
>minimap literally cluttered with useless hints to collect items

Inb4 people call me pleb for not likingthe 3deep5u animus server bridge breakup sequences

Those french flags are literally the same copypasted asset.

>minimap literally cluttered with useless hints to collect items
That's any ubi game though. They either don't understand what makes openworld fun or this games are made by AI that doesn't understand "not fun" as valid criticism

What was the last Ubisoft game you played? Neither Assassin's Creed nor Far Cry games feature minimaps anymore. Also, Ubisoft's games are the literal definition of fun.

> Ubisoft's games are the literal definition of fun.
Yeah, if you're 12, I guess.

Ubisoft prioritize game mechanics over story unlike their peers. That's why their games are so fun.

The only non-shit games Ubi has made recently are Siege and Black Flag.

Watch_Dogs 2 = Masterpiece.
AC: Odyssey = Masterpiece.
Far Cry 5 = Masterpiece.
Far Cry New Dawn = Masterpiece.

>recently
>6 and 4 years ago

kek

>game so broken that it forced Ubisoft to stop producing AC titles and scale back future releases

Odyssey + Origins > Unity + syndicate

Attached: 1550652500148.jpg (712x949, 110K)

>Recreated 1:1
>No French women fucking niggers

>Unity + Origins > odyshit + syndicaca

Paris area: 105.4 Km^2
AC Unity Paris area: 2.4 Km^2
Close enough

Attached: hurhur.jpg (651x495, 70K)

You speak like a shill, and your taste is dogshit.

Paris was smaller back then

Attached: Map_of_Paris_in_1789_by_William_R_Shepherd_(died_1834).jpg (1123x947, 1.22M)

>1700s era
calm down cuck

>1:1
>no Eiffel fucking Tower

fucking seriously??

Okay, fine, it was 87km^2 back then. Still more than 30 times greater than AC: Unity's 2.4km^2.

(you)

Attached: At least try.jpg (600x600, 18K)

Probably about 25km^2, so 1:10

Attached: paris vs 1789 paris.jpg (1591x1357, 1.27M)

Exactly

Is it finally playable on a relatively modern PC system? Or is a GTX970 not enough for 1080p 60fps?

A GTX970 is enough for 60FPS in most places depending on your CPU. The game sends like 3 times more draw calls per second than DX11 can handle and performance can tank out of nowhere for no apparent reason.
Like looking at a massive crowd gives you 60 fps but tilting your view 20 degrees so the crowd is offscreen but some specific chimney is onscreen tanks it to the 40s.
And certain districts just have fucked performance even though nothing particularly impressive is happening on-screen.

And then there's the absolutely horrendous LOD fuckery that was never fixed and NPCs still pop-in out of nowhere. Pic related is what can happen on a 980 on ultra settings.

Attached: Ultra settings.png (1920x1200, 3.76M)

>He doesn’t know
Frogs were the first ones to import niggers

I went back and played it again a couple months ago. I gave up on it at launch with how buggy it was, but after however many years of working on patches, and a better graphics card, the game was actually fun. It was the last actual Assassins Creed game.

Attached: 0D30A0E5-4E24-43FB-A221-7EE5909A8C95.png (374x376, 221K)

All Ubisoft games look great though.

Attached: Tom Clancy's The Division® 22019-3-17-21-8-41.jpg (3840x2160, 1.18M)

I'm still mad about Unity and Revelations. They fucking set their game in Constantinople, but because they needed to insert Ezio there they chose the time period of absolute lowest point of the city. Imagine Asscreed game set in Constantinople in 6th century before Justinian plague

*No*
Just compare Unity to Syndicate or Watch Dogs 2 or even odyssey. The Division is not really a fair comparison because it's made on a different engine.

i will agree that they do have a good team of artists, however everything else around it just sucks

We need asscreed 1 remake that plays like (opitmized and patched) unity

>gamers still giving money to ubisoft
Gamers deserve to be lynched.

>gamers

How does this run on ps4

Unity was set in France

>and revelations

This. I want to see the Nika massacre

>a setting I've wanted to play since AC2
>great city
>decent (by the series standards) level design
>vertical movement, finally
>at least tries to make combat difficult (still broken though)
>THE ABSOLUTE WORST FUCKING STORY ONE COULD POSSIBLY WRITE
>muh elise
>muh de la serre
>who killed my father? eh, who cares
>what was bellec looking for in the bastille? eh, who cares
>assassin order? eh, who cares
>the revolution? eh, who cares
>arno's character? eh, who cares

Far as I'm concerned, Unity was the last proper AC game. Judging from various threads it seems like that's the general concensus as well. Never bothered with Syndicate though, how did that compare?

Attached: 1479550385281.jpg (700x583, 60K)

Unity and Syndicate were both beautiful. The outfits themselves looked amazing, especially in Syndicate. Everything has been a step down since.

Played Syndicate until they straight up tell you, in story, that you have to liberate x amount of areas to progress. Had enough of that shit already. Plays like ass anyway.

WD2 looks pretty good my man

Attached: 447040_screenshots_20161201201035_1.jpg (3797x1557, 3.18M)

reminder Alexandre Dumas was a nigger from Haiti.
and his son was also a nigger

It also dint help that modern day console could not run it at even 30 fps.

Unity had the best mission structure, black box assassinations are the best for the series. You cannot argue against this.

Still it's a step back compared to Unity

The one thing I absolutely hate about Unity is their decision to give everyone an English accent.
Apparently they thought it would make the game feel like a period drama because they typically use British actors to play foreign historical figures.
But it just makes the game feel inauthentic, especially when compared to every other game in the series.

and they needed to take at least two steps back since WD2 ran like shit around its launch

You think the guy who ones this installed a pussy in it?

The first one looked amazing on Xbox one,now I'm convinced they saved the best looking version fo Xbox one x

>not playing with French audio

no ,it's not. Stop sucking unity off. It's not even got dynamic daytime because everything is baked in. Also it has awful LoD system and shitty weather effects.

owns*

Isn't Ubisoft a french company too?

Aslo, can you play with french dub?

They turned for honor into a decent game.

Because ubishit decided to release the game before it was finished and polished, unlike wd2

I played it years ago on a 970 and it was really good at 1080p/60fps. I never had performance troubles and the meme images were patched out of the game within weeks. I though the game got a lot of flack it didn’t deserve but I was playing it the way it was meant to be played not the way most were. Which was on a console.

The real performance problems were on the console, those weak CPUs just weren’t good enough for what they were doing. The PS4 version actually ran worse than the One because the CPU is slightly slower. Those performance issues never really went away although it’s a little better on the Pro/X because they’re faster.

I played it with French audio and just thought of it like a foreign film. Absolute kino that way.

Unity's problem WAS that it looked too good, though. It came at a performance hit that has largely been fixed on PC.

I will never not be mad about this.

Attached: Assassins-Creed-dummy-menu.jpg (1920x1080, 152K)

I'd play an assassin game in China desu

>Jazz age Junkies
So, Mafia from Ubisoft?
>Hell in Hibernia
Can't even imagine what it would look like
>The Bladed Cross
Is that Rome or smth? Can't tell from the image. I'm 50/50 sure the next Asscreed will be set in Ancient Rome and will be a direct sequel to Origins
>The Emperor's Shadow
Now that really makes me angry. Revolutionary Russia along with medieval China and India are great settings but 2d side-scroller is a fucking joke.

>there are people who STILL hate on Origins and Odyssey
While I liked older AC games (Ezio trilogy in particular), Odyssey and Origins were really good. And while I would not mind having another classic AC game instead of RPG, I thinh that such refresh was just what AC needed.

You're a faggot, you have a shit taste and your opinion is invalid

Honestly, had they actually expanded on Unity further it could've taken the series to a more stealthy direction. It boggles my mind it took until Unity to have a dedicated crouch button that doubled as taking cover to peek around corners. Origins and Odyssey may as well have been different franchises considering how little of AC is left in them.

Attached: 70.jpg (760x428, 56K)

I'm still at Black Flag, will probably play Unity next. Will I miss something out of the story if I skip Syndicate and go straight to Origins and then Odyssey?

No i don't think so. Might as well skip oddysey as well. Ubisoft Quebec is the worst thing that happened to the asscreed franchise and they were the devs behind both syndicate and oddysey

Imagine a new Sands of Time game in this engine.

What is there to be mad about? I must be missing context

No i don't think so. Might as well skip oddysey. Ubisoft Quebec is the worst thing that happened to the asscreed franchise and they were the devs behind both syndicate and odyssey

>2019
>still caring about the retarded as fuck story
Nigga I dropped that shit at Asscreed 2 or bortherhood where they introduced the AYY's with the Apple of Eden.

Honestly, Rogue is more important because it crosses directly into Unity's beginning. But it is shorter and lighter on content Black Flag so it might be tiresome to play them back to back.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

>Will I miss something out of the story if I skip Syndicate

just the best cameo in the series

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 66K)

You can only access the first episode as game's prologue, the others are inaccessible.

Alright yeah I'd be very upset at that. What is the point of doing that if the content doesn't exist

It's an in-universe thing, the evil corporation who also owns Ubisoft is using the Animus to make these immersive historical games

This but also Activision and Ubisoft

Attached: EA cycle.png (600x900, 293K)

What game is this then? There are 1220 assassin's Creed games

Ubisoft can only create interesting ideas and concepts, the actual games usually fall short

Play Rogue next

I'm sure they can create interesting games, they are just not allowed to

is this some kind of joke about the Abstergo/Ubisoft lore, or are there actually good devs inside the company who're denied by the suits from making good games, deadlines or otherwise?

Attached: connor_faps.gif (204x271, 469K)

based retard

STAHP, CONNOR

I mean, Patrice Desilet probably wouldn't run away from Ubisoft twice because it's a nice company to work at. All their games feel like soulless manufactured product, like it's a car assembled by robot-hands on factory.

Ubisoft is just weird. On one hand they keep recycling and rehashing games, not to mention IDEAS from games, in a never ending cycle, but on the other hand they'll fund smaller experimental projects. Not to mention they managed to preserve Rayman somehow.

Attached: H2x1_NSwitch_ValiantHeartsTheGreatWar_enGB_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 318K)

Imagine playing any AC game after 4. Absolutely embarrassing.

Attached: cringe.gif (220x220, 180K)

I rented division 2 and its pretty fucking good...the gunplays great and you can acting notice the changes you unlock over time and the setpieces in the missions are some of the most intense shit I've played

I liked Syndicate for what it was though they could have done a much better story in Victorian London than lol peaky blinders. Though Odyssey really feels lacking compared to Origins.

Please redpill me about whats so good about Rogue, it still has the shit combat of the early asscreeds so it can't be better than either of the newest ones

IIRC Valiant Hearts leads left Ubisoft since it's release (which kinda proofs my point about not being a nice play to work at) and already made indie ww1 game so i guess that game was greenlit just for image sake because if they truly were interested in it there would a lot more small games besides child of light, valiant hearts and that weird game about robot

>they managed to preserve Rayman somehow
Unfortunately, BG&E2 was sacrificed for that

It's a weird hybrid of 3 and 4 but it has more of based Haytham and playing from the Templar side is a nice change. Also has a lot of calling out the Assassins on their bullshit too.

Attached: Haytham_Kenway.jpg (248x342, 65K)

It's just more 4 but with main missions that don't suck ass

It's more Black Flag, but up north this time. It would've also been a way better game if they managed to keep the twist actually secret.

>Patrice Desilet
This guy is so overrated. Everything he's been working on after asscreed looks like meme ideas youtube.com/watch?v=gPvoghEm9Ow&
youtube.com/watch?v=_WVEo4yXpho
He will never make a better game than first asscreed

>game runs like shit
>"wow these grafix are so good why don't they do it again"

So is Unity finally playable? Worth getting it on sale?

Ran fine on my system :^)

I never even got the meme bugs at launch, almost annoyed at that.

>game runs like shit and overall unoptimized
>"must be gud grafix and not that devs were forced to release unpolished product so that ubisoft could have annual asscreed releases"

We technically already played most of the other ones though.

I remember the ending of AC4 had the trailer for Devils of the Caribbean game

The Amsterdam game looks pretty interesting, but the monkey game is pretty dumb

Indeed. Rogue also has Black Flag style sailing/naval combat. Playing as a Templar is noteworthy too.

I'm really surprised that they didn't "remaster/remake" AC3 and "Fix" it so Haytham doesn't have to die. AC3 had some great parts , but Connor's assholery and one sidedness really stuck out as the one thing I couldn't stomach in the AC continuity. There were missions where Connor and Haytham were even working together, and they could have ended it so Haytham was still alive, with some sort of mutual respect thing or hinting at the "Maybe both sides are fucked up sometimes and because of this we miss things" idealogy that would come later. But no, fuck that. They just had him kill Haytham who wasn't even the "big bad" of the fucking game nor the one who killed his mother/gave the order to fuck over his village.

DAMN IT.

Unity was a bit sluggish, but I loved those "pin prick" low profile assassinations

>ubishit
>s-so intense!
cringe

Even worse, Ubisoft intentionally "leaked" a screenshot of that screen right before release. Everyone bought Unity for that shit

I would play Rogue next (and generally, play the games in release order) to sort of lock in the American setting/trilogy before going to unity.

After Unity, I would suggest playing Syndicate. It really isn't bad at all and Victorian London has some neat stuff to do ; get the Gold edition so you can play the Jack the Ripper DLC and other expansions too. Syndicate is pretty much the "last traditional AC" game and has some story beats that will become important later on if I recall. Play Unity First of course, but I wouldnt' skip Syndicate.

>Everyone bought Unity for that shit
Not everyone was as gullible as you.

Unity and Syndicate modern day stories can be summed up
>Assassins try to do thing
>fuck it up in a cutscene
And there you are, proceed to Origins.

You obviously weren't on Yea Forums in 2014

I'm not sure if it's due to the fact it's the earliest game in the timeline or just ubi quebec being incompetent but there's way too many enemy camps in Odyssey compared to Origins, & a lot if the cities are just really uninteresting in comparison

I was, I just didn't buy a game based on an in-universe screenshot.

>proceed to Origins.
>You are now Strong Independant female: Original the Character
>She's a visible minority with SOMETHING TO PROVE
>She also has a a animus that can take memories from a corpse and is just a headset because she's super smart

Is the solo campaign worth it? I don't play online games that much anymore these days, sadly

Oh, I haven't finished Origins. Does modern day story ever pick up, or are they just putting it in for the sake of it?

Origins was kinda fun desu, there was a little bit of wankery about "muh aliens from the future" or whatever but I just walked away from the place and didn't have to listen to it. ancient egypt is kinda cool to explore

that's such a minor part of the part of the story I actually forgot about it.

At least her sections are incredibly short and don't come up much. Origins is solid, other than that cunt Aya.

Each game varies wildly on how much modern stuff they put in. Its been going nowhere since Desmond died.

What fucikng game is that in OP? I'm looking to guy a fucikng game, the graphics on that look worth buying just for graphics even if story and gameplay sucks.

Desmond dying was a mistake

Well admittedly much of it is already present in the series. The names of course have the "Absterno Entertainment totally not Ubisoft's Office, Templars are good" spin on it., but...

Tragedy of Jaques De Molay - Prologue to Unity

Triumph of the Borgias - AC2 / Brotherhood w/Ezio.

The Lone Eagle - AC3 / Haytham (I think?) or is that Cormac?

Murder in the Levant - AC 1 Altair

The Emperor's Shadow - AC Chronicles China

Fear and Loathing in Florence - AC2 / Brotherhood w/ Ezio

Washington and the Wolf - AC3

The Liberation of Lady Aveline - AC Liberation HD

Devils of the Caribbean - AC4 Black Flag

The last 3 are the only ones that have not been given full games as of yet, perhaps.

The Bladed Cross - Not sure here who they're picturing or what time period. Could be interesting.

Jazz Age Junkies - This would be neat, admittedly.

Hell in Hibernia - Seems like a great setting that should have been the game that came out right after Syndicate (ie Irish Potato Famine for instance)

My biggest problem with Origins is the "RPG elements" that imo were made purely to justify selling XP boosters
>A game about silent assassins
>can't even quietly assassinate enemies because they are couple of levels higher than you
>10 levels higher and they are walking bulletsponges
Fuck that. Setting is cool, but the mechanics suck ass.

>Hell in Hibernia - Seems like a great setting that should have been the game that came out right after Syndicate (ie Irish Potato Famine for instance)
Given that early 20th century Dublin wouldn't look much different from late 19th century London that game would look pretty dull.

Anyone else feel they went full retard with the First Civ lore after Syndicate?

From what I heard, his death was not supposed to be permanent and maybe ended up as an ascended "ghost in the machine" as some of the First Civ did.

However the original writer was told that his storyline would be offputting because it came right up into current political hotbutton issues , so they had to change it.

Some may not recall that AC3 came out originally in 2012 , when the Mayan Apocalypse was a meme and Desmond's sacrifice literally stopped it in game.

I stopped paying attention to it after AC2

They went full retard with the lore after the first game. Asscreed 1 was the only decent game lore-wise

Sure you're not thinking of Odyssey? Blade in Origins works fine as long as you upgrade it & the game showers you in xp

>fucking amazing dx11 games like this will never have their performance fixed in dx12/vulkan remasters and will forever run like shit even on literally 5ghz CPUs with titans
Fuck this gay earth I Csnt even play games from 5 years ago at 4k let alone crysis when is someone gonna fix this shit?
T. 1080 owner

Oh I don't know. I don't think it was any kookier than its ever been. I mean, consider AC4' first civ stuff.

Origins info-dumps were actually one of the coolest parts of the game that explain how things are working and for the first time move some plot points along as First Civ stuff goes. I loved getting to unlock all of the vaults and then eventually see the super special thing under the Sphinx. So far Odyssey has some of this too.

What political hotbutton issue in 2012 was about a ghost in the machine? NSA spying?

Odyssey was a trainwreck in that regards but it was still a problem in Origins

>ubisoft releasing remake of the worst AC game in the series
way to go

They are remaking Revelations?

>So far Odyssey has some of this too.
When you finish the Atlantis questline, you're forced to listen to what feels like 15 minutes of some dumbass Isu "rebel" (who thinks the objectively inferior human population deserve equal rights) talk like a modern day teenager directly to the modern day protagonist

Well, NSA spying was a hotbutton issue but ghost-in-the-machine wasn't what I was talking about - it was just a way that Desmond may have "survived" but allowed to take a different role in the story.

However there were many other issues, I'll see if I can drag up the article. Suppoedly the writer was relating things to a lot of real world current issues and even (looking back now) issues that would become current (rise of ultra-right wing groups) that were deemed too divisive for a huge budget mass market game. The up-to-and-near-to AC3 titles all had a lot of this (ie AC1 the puzzles showing things like Hitler's spear of destiny, Kennedy's assassination), Abstergo itself being an evil pharma company and fostering climate change denial etc.. Supposedly the new story had things talking about the banks, centralization of wealth and power, and other "taboo" subjects

I personally wanted to see the outcome to the original "real world" story especially after AC3 laid the ground work for "Templars and Assassin's both have good points and jerks, but them fighting against each other instead of working together against the real villians mean the world is going to explode".

>hating on Ezio

I'm not hating on Ezio, i'm hating on badly made game that was rushed petty much like Unity because >muh annual releases.

Well, they could go even earlier. Go look up Extra History's thing on YouTube for The Irish Potato Famine and you'll see it happened in overlapping Victorian (and near victorian) time periods, so thematically it would work.

However, it would be much different in setting in Ireland with all the open spaces, villages with people starving, Irish cities etc.. .compared to London's cosmopolitan bustle. THere's plenty of room for Templar and Assassin narratives especially given the whole English (templar) "The blight is the fault of you people not being holy enough so...yeah. Enjoy it" idea, giving rise to an Irish assassin to help the people survive. Hell, make the Blight caused by a First Civ Whatzit that amplified the growth of certain organisms and things go wrong. There's a ton to do in this setting - banditry, all the tropes, people getting on the ships to go to America or England etc. Could be fun and a nice adjunct to Syndicate overlapped in time period sorta but very different in setting

>By 2014, the genetic memories of this Assassin were used by Abstergo Industries for a video game called Hell in Hibernia released via the Helix Navigator,[1] which was teased in Abstergo's Employee Handbook under the tagline: "Was the Irish war for independence a noble cause instigated by men and women of courage and vision, or of cowardice and cunning? Find out in this breathtaking virtual experience."[2]
It was supposed to set during irish war of independence so 1920s. I'd rather have that Jazz age junkies. We need more prohibition era America in vidya.

I don't care if this is bait you're retarded either way

Reminder that if you live outside this area, you are not a true Parisian and therefore a filthy peasant.

>Jazz age junkies
>The lives and failures of the most degenerate Americans to ever grace the world's stage - Hemingway, Fitzgerald, and Stein."
That actually sounds interesting but didn't all three of them lived in Paris at that time?

Attached: ACU_Prohibition_Assassin.png (307x497, 240K)

Haytham is nothing like in AC3 though despite literally taking place after the first couple scenes of 3. He's incredibly bloodthirsty, he's constantly angry, and he has none of his charm or sarcasm despite none of this being present when he was killing the Assassin, riding on the ship, and forming the Templar Order in the Colonies in 3.

>Also has a lot of calling out the Assassins on their bullshit too.
At the same time though they can only call the Assassins out because every Assassin is a retard. Achilles is the sole reason everything goes to shit and people don't act like people. I will always be mad when Shay goes on a trip that spans months if not years, comes back, and then no one wants to know what happened to him or anything. Then as soon as he brings it up Achilles gets incredibly angry and brings up rank on him and all his friends side with Achilles despite this mission being about a PoE? Then to top it of NO ONE SPOKE TO HIM for something like six hours after he went up to his room? Not his best friend? Not the girl who loved him? It also doesn't help everyone is an asshole who explains nothing, Achilles is constantly busting Shay's balls, the French guy is constantly busting Shay's balls, his "best friend" never speaks to him, the girl has the most lines with him yet never speaks to him, and the Indian trainer guy who is around for five seconds is an asshole to him.

Shay's entire scenario could have been avoided had anyone said anything about anything or spoke like humans do instead of just brushing everything to the side.

>climb tower to see all the minigames
>do minigames

>Italians all have an Italian accent
>Americans all have an American accent
>Greeks all have a Greek accent
>French all have an English accent
Why the fuck did they do this in Unity? I have still never understood. I'm not even French and I'm pissed.

Attached: 1962305.jpg (611x713, 51K)

Wha's the problem pisspo'?

>Asscreed: Unity
>Shitty performance
>"Performance Patch"
>Removes all lighting sources from the game

Attached: 1428696513148.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

npcs with no meaningful conversations are like extras in a movie
you want enough to show that there are other people in the game world, but not so many as to distract from the main cast
simulating a million people doing every day stuff is technically impressive, but doesn't actually improve the game
Witcher 3 had many npcs whos entire role was to stand in the same spot and periodically say a few lines or play out an interaction.
That was boring after the first time, but I'd take it over simulating the life of 100 lumberjacks in a game focussed on it's story.
In a simulator game it's the opposite, I want mundane realistic depictions of everything.

Ahh I did not recall that blurb. Yeah, that would be neat as well. Though I imagine it would rustle some jimmies given that Jazz Age USA would mean having to decide how they're going to deal with things like prohibition (likely a major plot point) and realistic depictions of black people (for fuck's sake original Jazz motherfuckers!) and other non-whites for the era.

I'd be up for a WW1 AC era title or even a WW2 one - if it was done really well with the best of Odyssey mechanics/decision making AND they didn't shy away from Nazis or whatnot being powerful due to the Spear of Destiny, maybe even winning the war thanks to alternate history that needs to be changed. Maybe they don't want to do it thanks to stuff like Wolfenstine the New Order (and Old Blood, New Colossus), but I figure if anyone has the budget to really top all of the "secret nazi alien super weapon ubermensch" tropes, AC could do it.

Remember what the blurb of the Bladed Cross was about?

I too found this unusual. I can't be sure if I recall correctly, but I remember it was some mix of either the whole "Period pieces always have people speaking in English accents" and/or "French is difficult to understand for those burger eating Amerikans"

I'm still sad over how much they seem to have missed the point on why so many people enjoyed Black Flag with that upcoming Skull and Bones game.

Only thing I noticed is 15 hits to kill a normal enemy and Marxs being a good guy. Everything else makes it a good AC game.

I still don't understand why they didn't just take the base of BF or Rogue and then just strip the whole Assassin/Templar bits out of it. Have a pirate story and have a customizable pirate rather than just the ship itself. People want both the exploration on foot and the exploration in the ship, I don't know why you'd limit it to just the ship.

>Remember what the blurb of the Bladed Cross was about?
You could've googled it yourself mate, but here you go. It also sounds cool af
>"We are in 330 AD, and the Roman Empire, besieged and decadent, is at a crossroads. But a man will rise above the darkness to forge the destiny of his people. Witness the birth of Constantinople and spend time with the man who had dreamed it, the emperor Constantine I."

>87km^2
How are you getting this? That map shows an approximate circle of approximately 9000 feet in diameter. That'd be roughly 5.9km^2.

It had the potential to be the foundation for an awesome successor to Sid Meir's Pirates, I have no idea where they got the idea that people loved the naval combat when in reality most people enjoyed it for being a pirate Simulator. It really does feel like a huge missed opportunity.

truth

bump

Unity is the only good Ubishit game from the last decade

You made several typos in "Black Flag"

nah he just didn trail your shitty thoughts

If you don't think Black Flag is the best thing that happened to asscreed since Patrice Desilet your opinion is invalid, fuck off

no thats Unity

They should make a game set in ancient wome.

It runs fairly well on my PS4Pro (with PS upscaling to 4K). I would've preferred playing it on PC but didn't have the requisite GPU back then and don't see the point buying it twice just to see how much better it runs and plays with no way of transferring your savegame between PS4 and PC.

Assassinus by the cognomen of Bigus Dickus, eh

dumb tranny

Don't listen to anons, Ubishilling is real and they just want to to buy the entire AC catalogue. After AC4 just play Unity and you can go straight to Origins. Don't expect Origins to have the same stealth mechanics as before though, most of it was gutted to make way for becoming an ""RPG"".
Unity, Syndicate and Rogue were the last AC games where the player could stealth assassinate/knockout unsuspecting targets and neither Origins nor Odyssey saw that returning and both seemingly make everything related to stealth and combat as unfun as possible (combat is fun for the first few hours but it quickly becomes a boring slog with enemies that can take 50 slashes or 100 headshots to kill in rapid succession to beat their constant healing). You could however play them on the easiest difficulty to make the stealth damage on targets increase from 2% to maybe 50% however, but that makes everything else (esp. enemy awareness) so ridiculously broken and easy no video game remains. Just play on NM and cheese targets and you'll have fun with the rest of the game.

>Ubisoft's games are the literal definition of fun.
Yikes!

Attached: 1512019482921.jpg (481x401, 65K)

remember when they retconned everything to make it so Abstergo is actually using the animus to make assassins creed games in coalition with Ubisoft (canon in universe)? Remember when they are literally releasing centuries worth of illuminati secret wars to the public to make a quick buck? Remember when the writers did a bunch of coke and thought this idea was fucking epic?
Story was shit before but it was kinda interesting with the gods communicating through the animus and the first civilization but now it's just pants on head retarded

Attached: Assassins-Creed-dummy-menu.jpg (930x523, 66K)

This. Up to the Ezio Trilogy, I liked the current world story bits. Then it went full pants on head retarded

No, and you're a dumbass. That Helix company or whatever was a subsidiary of the in-game company Abstergo who made the Animus for scientific purposes. Helix is a game-dev company ingame which uses the animus tech from Abstergo

mmhm

Attached: Developed by.jpg (848x340, 77K)

I was almost correct
assassinscreed.fandom.com/wiki/Abstergo_Entertainment

"Abstergo Entertainment is a subsidiary of Abstergo Industries, tasked with producing multimedia consumer goods. "

Imagine unironically thinking this

Attached: 1536850113536.png (416x435, 114K)

I remember the original AC had the future part be set in the distant year of 2012 with the emails implying it was a dystopia.
Then they retconed all those emails to be some spam shit

Fun fact, Watch Dogs has primitive ray traced shadows

>Everyone bought Unity for that shit
What an absolute load of garbage

this looks like shit

If you play Unity after it was fixed(whenever that was) you would realize it's easily one of the best in the series, maybe even the best. I waited until everything was patched and it was on sale, it was a good experience

Attached: _bradley.jpg (200x218, 9K)

Speaking of ubisoft should I get watch dogs 2? Its on sale for 9 hours and I really want a new open world sandbox game with a day night cycle and weather

Also I have already beaten odyssey and origins, If it's anything like those I really want it

This
Excellent stealth mechanics
Legitimately threatening combat unlike the shit in II-IV where the player could go on absurd killing sprees off a single combo
The story was whatever but the customization and weapon sandbox was god-tier.

Reminder: We will never get the game mechanics of old AC back ever again. Odyssey and Origins are not bad games but are not AC games.