Enemies shoot and see through walls when alerted

>enemies shoot and see through walls when alerted
>stealth may as well not be an option
>survival mechanics come down to 'eat an occasional sausage'
>guns are ludicrously inaccurate, and it's not even bullet drop as seen when using a scope - it's just bullets fly in diagonal directions on a whim
>quests are repetitive, Skyrim-tier 'dynamic', and barebones - if it's not a fetch quest it's killing a stalker that has no character
>enemy AI gets stuck on doors
If not for the atmosphere (which is not even the best around) why do people like this?

Attached: stalker-shadow-of-chernobyl-cover.jpg (271x377, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=By1b2GLzDUA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its fun
And comfy

Nostalgia. Back then it was amazing graphics and gameplay.

No one cares if you play it or not. Sorry you didn't like it. Move on with your life.

For the guns

>remember all those threads about stalker, vtmb and new vegas
>remember how popular they were on Yea Forums
>so popular that contrarian faggots like op started hating them just because
>mfw

Attached: 5131324.jpg (262x295, 43K)

I love VTMB.
How about addressing anything I said? I know you can't, so why act smug?

It's a fucking fun game, and firefights are awesome, when you headshot someone you feel badass, finding loot is like waking up on a christmas morning as a kid. Getting from having only a shitty ass makarov to shooting fuckers up with val feels great.
Also, go play something you like instead of shitting on a game you don't

you make this sound like a bad game. When everyone knows it's fantastic. Your simple opinion won't change anything.

Attached: stalker.webm (854x480, 2.53M)

They do not. They hunt you with sight AND hearing.
And it is damn easy to fool them once you know this.
False. You're just clearly too used to the modern "crouch = win the game" style zoomer ""STEALTH!!""
And gathering better gear and ammo on the go. And that's what good about the games.
>guns are ludicrously inaccurate, and it's not even bullet drop as seen when using a scope - it's just bullets fly in diagonal directions on a whim
False. There's a detailed bullet physics coded into the game, and different ammo types follow logical ballistic rules.
>quests are repetitive, Skyrim-tier 'dynamic', and barebones - if it's not a fetch quest it's killing a stalker that has no character
You're only talking about SoC there? Still, the main story quest is the bread and butter of the first game.
Never seen that.
>If not for the atmosphere (which is not even the best around) why do people like this?
It's engaging and fun gameplay.

Attached: Blank+_aa84143bf7157b03d261554f9e71e6a5.jpg (1280x1024, 156K)

>and gameplay.
It was jank even then tbf
The game just didn't hold your hand which is always appreciated

>When everyone knows it's fantastic
It isn't. It's fine, but not fantastic by any measure.

maybe it is because I am european, but the atmosphere is outstanding. And fights feel so good.When you use your shitty guns and grenades to outsmart some elite soldiers and get their elite weapons is just epic. I am sorry, but I totally disagree with you here. This game is full of epic unscripted moments no other fps comes close to.

Attached: 3oriO1K9RBPYx7i9ri.webm (480x270, 90K)

your opinion is worthless

>atmosphere is outstanding
I guess that's a matter of taste. For me, it was fine, nothing more. And the game itself devolve pretty fast so the end stages are nothing more but a generic shooter.

How so? I played it right on the release and finished it multiple times. My view on the game isn't clouded by nostalgia or game setting being exotic for me.

Attached: gears of halo.jpg (820x1024, 168K)

> Stalker shitpost #6 I never made it past cordon edition

This. The stealth is great and enemies usually converge on your last known position. Firefights in built up areas like the car park in cordon are a blast when you realise you can play around with ai by going around and picking them off.

>If not for the atmosphere (which is not even the best around)

You better provide examples.

VTMB
Nocturne
Deus Ex (series)

So STALKER has the fourth best atmosphere? Sounds fine to me.

idk always thought it was a pile of shit

Sounds like you put it on easy difficulty, mongrel.

STALKER may look like shit at vanilla but playing it at 4k is realy comfy as the resolution really helps the view distance. Atmosfear looks really, really good at higher resolutions as well.

Now, for Gunslinger to be released......

the fact that people actually complain about stalker AI being op just goes to show that there are more casuals on Yea Forums than you think.

>there are more casuals on Yea Forums than you think
Have you ever read an RTS thread?

You guys forgot about Thief 1/2 and Silent Hill.
Otherwise spot on.
VTMB, DE, STALKER have goat atmospheres.

NEVER
EVER

In the meantime I have NA6, Anomaly.

protip: The gameplay was 1:1 exactly the same then as now

>Nostalgia
I played it last year and liked it, so you are full of shit.

The game was, and is, janky. But it has that spark of old-school creativity and passion that was nearly extinct even at the release of that game. The devs cared about the game, and that shows.

This. 4k Especially with some visual mods, comfy as hell.

>Nocturne

neat

None of the issues you have with it get in the way of what the game sets out to achieve though.
Stalker games are very good at what they do but you won't like them if you're not that kind of thing.
Your post kinda reads like you expected an FPS with deep survival elements and storyline but stalker is always advertised as more of a free form, dynamic game with really tense atmosphere and that's exactly what it excels at.

I think you might just have terrible aim

>STALKER may look like shit at vanilla
I still think they're some of the best looking games ever made. Perfect blend of art-design adn technical marvel

Attached: ss_doggy_04-04-13_03-09-18_(l03u_agr_underground).jpg (1920x1200, 347K)

Prob put it on easy without any patches and got aimcone'd through an anomaly and back

Is anomaly any good? I've not used it but you have piqued my curiosity.

Given the game is effectively cpu limited at all times unless you have pure potato I might see if I can use (in my case) VSR to run it at something like 8k for extreme sharpness.

Vanilla - ESPECIALLY SoC - is rough as fuck. CoP has better blending of colours and art so you don't get super garish clashes SoC sometime has (like the underground sections).

Hmm, I also need to reinstall autumn aurora as I am particularly fond of that mod, even if everything looks brown.

i7-7700k ran SoC @ 4k with a large amount of mods fairly silky

I thought it was generally accepted that outside shotguns, the starter pistols and rifles outright suck.

Paired with what?

IMO everything above the baby AK you get at the start is fine.

Stop quick saving and loading near enemies. Also pay attention to stepping on grass and your sounds in general.

AIO on the cpu, AIO on a 1070 as well, 16gb ddr4

>STALKER may look like shit at vanilla
I disagree. In fact I really dislike playing with graphical overhauls (other than weather overhaul, shit's amazing).
Only CoP is really off in terms of graphics, because of brown graphics and constant grass pop in.

Attached: 20180516193638_1.jpg (1920x1080, 607K)

Anomaly is built on Last Day. It fixes a few problems with CoCk based mods like progressing too quickly and being op within the first hour or so whilst also scaling down the bloat and bullshit from Last Day. 64 bit Xray engine runs really well too. If your pc is a bit shitty like mine then you don't need to worry too much about performance like in Dead Air.
Imo great mod. A lot of new features like integrated modded quest lines and stories which are a step up from vanilla CoC. New systems in place from Last Day too. You also have other features like an optional Warfare integrated mod, ability to choose starting gear, dynamic relations, a disguise system and lots of flavour. You can interact with PDAs you pick up, you can read letters etc. Quests are a bit more developed too with no more bullshit like the first you get being "go assassinate guy X over at Chernobyl NPP". Feels like it has a lot of work put it and unlike vanilla CoC, Anomaly is still in development. Go for it senpai.

>stalker
mags hyped it up promising a living breathing world so i bought it on release day. still don't understand what anyone sees in it.
>vtmb
the one before, redemption or whatever, was pretty good but bloodlines was really ugly for its time and on-disc drm made it really hard to do a legit install and keep it running.
>new vegas
inevitably crashes before i finish the starting section.

Despite their flaws all 3 games are great imo and I frequently return to them.

>but bloodlines was really ugly for its time
The facial animations are better than many games even to this day.

Game is not for you zoomer, go back to Apex

Vanilla SoC is mediocre.
Play AMK.

game came out in 2007 it is zoomer

Stalker is boomer. You won't find any zoomers who enjoy it. We had this thread yesterday.

Is CoC good? I've never played a stalker game and I want to. SoC seems a bit too janky, but I've only seen videos so I can't be sure.

CHEEKY BREEKY

That's not how it works. Just because you like a game does not make it boomer? There are lots of boomers who like adventure time, but it is definitely not a boomer cartoon. Try again

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R._ Call of Pripyat 24_03_2019 12_18_43.jpg (5120x2880, 3.84M)

>(series)
No, not really.

*just because you like a game does not make a boomer

Nah, it's most definitely zoomer game, since most of its fans were kids when the game was released.

Fuck me it actually uploaded. I have to save it as a jpeg because any other supported format has a file size north of 20mb.

Where is the cut off then genius? Stalker is 12 years old. Most boomers were playing it in their teens.

>Nocturne
Surely you jest

Nah you don't get to claim everything. Its a zoomer game

Where is the cut off then? Just saying "it's a zoomer game" doesn't mean shit.

Well from those arbitrary lists apparently the zoomer gaming era starts at 2005 so change it to 2008 if you want

Isnt zoomer more of born in 2005, rather than played games starting in 2005

Lol no, mainstream shooters back then were even more advanced than today.

I'm just curious since in these memes I always associated STALKER as a boomer game. Mainly since only boomers are really into it and it has all the hall marks of older game design. Bit of a pointless argument though.

2007 is the year when the cancer started. Bazinga!

Dunno about you guys but this dude looks upto something. Lets just hope he doesn't find out i've already stolen all his shit from his little underground storeroom.

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R._ Call of Pripyat 24_03_2019 12_33_01.jpg (5120x2880, 2.51M)

Are 360 & PS3 zoomer consoles?

throw a bolt to his head

it was always just a meme so Yea Forums could pretend they were "hardcore" gamers

most non starter weapons are pretty decent, a lot of people think they miss because theyre on normal and weapons all around do no damage, max out the diff and everyone goes down like a sack of bricks if you dome them but that also includes you

Is call of chernobyl a mod that puts SoC into CoP?

not really, they were more advanced around 2000-2004 but by the time stalker came out everything was focused on scripted sequences and big set pieces.

I feel like no, and ps4 and xbox one are closer to zoomer consoles. Then again I may just be a zoomer myself and not want to admit it

Call of Chernobyl merges all series maps/factions together with CoP style gameplay into one big freeplay sandbox with a very basic story that isn't really related to the other games.

Played it for the first time ever last month. Thought it was pretty good

Which one is better, SoC or CoP? I thought CoP was boring so I'm wondering if SoC is any better.

Does anyone leave the soldiers at the railway bridge alive in their playthroughs? Taking them out is always the first order of business once the introduction ends, but it always feels a bit like I've fucked the opening progression by using their shit to get kitted out from the get go.

I wipe them out everytime they respawn, progression doesnt seem that tilted after them

SoC has the better story and atmosphere, CoP has the better engine and larger enviornments

Yes, I don't really see a need to take their guns.
I meant around the same time, not the exact year obviously.

What games atmosphere is the best then?

Most people who hate these games try to play them like they're call of duty

this

I just love stalker because it really portrays Ukraine as it is: a depressing brutalist shithole with dangerous mutants
t.Ukrainian

Attached: uzhhka.jpg (2000x1333, 521K)

I wish STALKER (even CoC) was like Chernarus big.
I want time for said atmosphere to actually sink in.

Attached: comfy out.png (769x482, 620K)

Go play New Arsenal 6

easily one of the greatest if not greatest shooter ever, and wholly original. I just finished another replay of AMK.
I still think the game takes a nosedive in fun during pic related segment though

Attached: download.jpg (1024x576, 88K)

It's a little anti-climatic.

Outside of knifing tanks to death yeah, it turns into Doom for that section which is really jarring compared to the pacing of the earlier segments.

you kids overuse comfy and basically killed the word. I don't care how simple you think Stalker is, it doesn't fall into the comfy category... no FPS does. you can't simultaneously describe Stalker and Stardew Valley as comfy games.

>eating diet sausages with your Bros around the campfire and listening to acoustic guitar tracks isn't comfy

>I dont want you calling my big boy game comfy
How deep is that stick lodged up in there

Got more comics like this?

wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=By1b2GLzDUA

Attached: 154745451558.png (870x489, 478K)

Walking around killing monsters and bandits isn't comfy obviously, but the downtime is even more comfy because of how harsh everything else is

>replying to copypasta

I hate the 'comfy' meme, but there is a certain serene quality to coming to a campfire with a few stalkers sitting around telling jokes and playing guitar after spending a long time walking around in the rain, killing mutants, dodging bandit bullets and having the shit scared out of you.

I don't even like the game. nor do i think it's "big boy" ...whatever that means.

cool dude, I guess Left 4 Dead and Doom are also comfy games, cuz you know... when the horde or demon-spawn aren't attacking... standing still is super comfy.

im zoomer and have been playing it for the past 6 years

I still remember my first night in SOC
Stuck in the attic of some building in the cordon past the bridge with dogs running around below me

Except those games are a constant onslaught you baka

>>enemies shoot and see through walls when alerted
You can see through wall with the minimap too
Git gud doesn't even describe it
Good. Overbearing survival mechanics are shit.
>guns are ludicrously inaccurate
The better the guns, the more accurate they are. Scopes also help
>quests are repetitive
I'll give you that, but I believe the atmosphere more than makes up for it. Makes the journey's enjoyable.
Glitches are annoying in SoC

The atmosphere imo is unrivalled in any game I've played as a decent gameplay to back it up. It's game I would make if I were a game designer.

The only reason people play S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is mainly for the mods. It still holds up even to this day, and I don't think any other game nailed the atmosphere like this game did.

Not many games come close to the perfection of the Xray engines shadows. There is just something so natural and alluring about them.

I play CoP with MISERY 2.xx. I have come to the conclusion I hate fun.

Atmosphere and immersion are literally the only reasons to play it. The series is largely unrivaled in immersion. Otherwise it's a mess.

not fun firefights, exploration, and artifact hunting?

post screenshots

Attached: WHATTHEFUCK.jpg (1920x1080, 212K)

>snipes you with pin-point accurate grenades that detonate above you so theres no chance of avoiding damage at the water plant
pssh... nothin personnel stalker

seriously whoever the fuck thought it was a good idea for the AI to pull off that shit needs to be punched in the face

Attached: 1526423038636.jpg (517x981, 150K)

Attached: zombiehorde(lvl14_stancia).jpg (1920x1080, 773K)

Why are the finales for each of the 3 games so awful?
It's like riding a rollercoaster than suddenly stopping at the top to do your taxes then forgetting you're actually on a rollercoaster

wait until night so you can sneak up on them m8

I like CoP final mission. clear sky is cancer fighting all those monolith in such small space and then ending with a helicopter boss fight

Attached: ss_catmobile_12-18-16_02-15-47_(l10u_bunker).jpg (1920x1080, 106K)

i've done that but it makes it slightly less frustrating
instead of seeing you 400 miles away, its 399 miles now
i wouldn't mind them having retardedly good eye sight if they didnt have heatseeking grenades

Attached: a09d36c9d0b089d58d79ba655abcf7ea.webm (1366x768, 2.76M)

in solid darkness go up to the left side of the plant around back, you can easily take a couple out with a silencer without alerting

>night hiding uglyass textures

This is the mission where you snipe that merc dude in COP right? Loved that one.

Attached: wildterritory.webm (640x360, 2.61M)

Attached: suchislifeinthezone.webm (640x360, 1.54M)

>had enough of the zone
low key kino

Attached: 1527316609704.jpg (342x342, 29K)

Off the top of my head the dev behind misery playtests wit hcheats enabled. The mod is flatout designed to make the game as awkward and difficult as possible.

>play testing
>with cheats enabled
whats the fucking point then

Removing the fog only reveals how small even the "large" maps of CoP are.

Attached: 1283078923489.jpg (1920x1080, 700K)

Attached: mommydidntraisenowuss.webm (640x360, 2.64M)

how many poltergeists are in that building?
7?

There is a reason why the infamous stalker mod guide lists Misery as "10,000 ways to catch fatal tetanus".

way too many

>tfw marathon running through the zone

Attached: Why can't I hold...jpg (500x667, 58K)

I wouldn't want them to be any bigger, there's enough places to die already.

I hate having to collect ammo. It's so boring.

>grenade spam

Attached: CHEEKY BREEKY.png (365x365, 313K)

Attached: stalkercs.webm (1080x720, 1.94M)

Attached: l03u_agr_underground.jpg (1920x1080, 71K)