So nobody's gonna talk about Valve's new cyber initiative?

So nobody's gonna talk about Valve's new cyber initiative?

Attached: IMG_0542.jpg (416x415, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6Vi4Def3CmM
youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88
boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/ruggarell/page/1/
boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/ruggarell/page/2/
my.mixtape.moe/mscdmu.jpg
track9.mixtape.moe/chsfdj.webm
i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg
track3.mixtape.moe/lzynpc.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=jhgOqyZHBIU&t=30m53s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what

>DUD JUST PUT CHIP IN YOUR BRAIN LMAO
I'll pass

youtu.be/6Vi4Def3CmM
Brain chips.

Someone pls archive and link

Valve is behaving like a mini google. They have a reliable revenue stream from their core business and start various moonshot projects that mostly turn out dogshit.

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji.png (640x640, 111K)

Recap please. I'm not watching that.

Quick rundown, Valve's latest project is going to be a chip in your brain that reads your thoughts. However, there are issues like lowering difficulty based on emotions, scanning for and muting/kicking people the system views as toxic, etc. And that's not ven getting into the moral mess that is companies (and perhaps governments) having potentially unrestricted access to your brain patterns.

Honestly, I'm interested. Specifically in the part where the game would adapt and fine-tune itself according to what the player is experiencing to make the game as enjoyable as possible. It has potential, but this kind of tech is at least 10 years away imo.

That's why it's being worked on now, so that it's ready in 10 years.

It should be noted that it is not necessarily a chip in the brain. According to the video, it would be the most effective, but it is indeed kind of a questionable practice.

that's some top distopian nightmare right there
literal tought crimes

I doubt they will actually do it
the idea of implanting a chip in your head to play video games is just ridiculous because of how much it would cost just for the chip alone. No fucking way would they ever try to do it and even helmets would cost a fortune. Also a quick reminder that they are a game development company not fucking neuro science experts.
This was likely just an idea given and nothing will come of it

what a genius idea
Yeah i am certainly going to put a chip in my brain just to "enhance" video game experience.
They totally aren't going to sell and share you brain data.
Maybe the day they make some good games again shit that worth selling your brain for , i would try.

Speaking of VNN why is no one talking about how Gabe is answering emails? It seems really weird about how Yea Forums isn't having email threads where they do stuff like email Gabe with each user delivering a word at a time and stuff like that

This. Sadly they dont make any games anymore.

I am not putting that into my fucking brain. Hell no.

Attached: 1284221231791.jpg (200x196, 34K)

If their goal is to increase the amount of dopamine your brain produces when gaming why not just cut the middle man out and take a drug?

>putting chips in your brain
they want your literal thoughts, your brain patterns, ultimate control. Ultimate intrusion. Mind control.

You will submit, because you love our games. We created a system where you don't own games you purchase, only lease them in a digital environment, we called it Steam.
We controlled your gaming experience, and now we want to control your mind.
We promise we'll make Half Life 3 (*snickers*) if you (*snort*) put..heh... put our closed source invasive computer chip directly into your brain. We promise..cough.. we promise we won't sell your brain data to advertisers or government agencies.. and you will trust us, human.

Attached: gabe.jpg (1200x1200, 69K)

For fucks sake, at no point did the video say that it is going to be a brain chip, guaranteed. The video clearly said that the brain chip would be the most efficient option, but comes with moral and implementation difficulties. Jesus christ you fuckers are dumb.

>we want to read your thoughts for your own safety
wow thanks valve

>Maybe the true Half Life 2 Episode 3 was inside our brains all along!

lol

Still. The idea itself is horrifying. And complete scifi for now. The sad part is that they are pushing VR still. Make gaems nao!

Attached: 1466868569680.jpg (960x960, 86K)

We full cyberpunk now. Based Gaben

Attached: 1552766435782.png (559x553, 327K)

Nigga I STILL haven’t bought or played Left 4 Dead 2

You underestimate now senselessly stubborn I am about vidya

when you think about it, that wouldn't be a bad idea.
Half Life 3 could never live up to hype and expectations that everyone has about it. So the next best thing would be to make the player THINK that Half Life 3 lived up to all expectations when playing it.

oh but I'd bet you'd all love a chip in the brain if it was made by epic

>our games
What games?

Attached: f3b0e52f0cb3ecbf0ee58978238b6563_h.jpg (500x375, 44K)

It isn't about putting the chip faggot.
It is about is this any of this tech really worth it?
Tell me one game that you are ready to buy few hundred dollars headset or pay to put a ship in your brain just to have some difficulty auto balance?
Lets not pretend that this data won't be used in many ways to fuck us : selling the shit to ads company, bans because you had an evil emotion...
Yeah sure i would take all this shitty risk and costs just to enhance my dota 2 or next assassin creed "experience"

This has to be the dumbest thread I've actually ever seen in well over ten years on this board. It's straight up scary how fucking dumb you people are if you don't see the practical use of a computer-brain interface. God this is horrifying.

Gonna expand on that?

because for once i am going to say that a technology like this least priority is games.
It could be great to be used in hospital,smart houses, cards,police...
You are disconnected from reality if you think that those super lazy and unoriginal game studios going to do any more effort past "OH BOGGA IS ANGRY. LOWER THE ENEMY ATTACK POINTS"

>Carmack abandoned ID towork on VR and AR
>Gabe stopped making games to do hardware and now brain electronic augmentations
>mfw the Strogg and Combine were in reality a reflection of their end goals, ideal high tech societies

Attached: 1548276964036.jpg (872x964, 255K)

Just the implication of this shit sounds fucked up. Much worse than having microchips injected into you

We do see the practical use. Prosthetics, for example, would advance greatly. However, we also see how easily technology like this could be abused.

>its another newfag LARPing as a oldfag for (you)'s episode
an hero pls

>Gonna expand on that?
I have to explain to you what the use of brain-computer interface could have?
THAT IS A FUCKING PROBLEM.

>because for once i am going to say that a technology like this least priority is games.
But it's not limited to videogames you fucking spastic cretins. Just like VR is getting used all over the fucking world, in fact getting more use outside of gaming than within: this is a technology where games can serve as a starting ground, but it is by NO FUCKING MEANS done exclusively for gaming purposes.

>You are disconnected from reality
You don't hate to say this shit after what you just fucking showed you god damn spastic piece of shit.
Get your head out of your fucking ass for fuck sake.

They were warning us!

Attached: ldevGZe.png (168x194, 57K)

Rip father

please stop, your brain rot is showing

Attached: 1553378494639.png (1022x731, 643K)

You literally do not see shit, kid. You are the blindest, most clueless cretins in human history. Literal dirt farmers in remote regions of middle east have greater awareness of... literally everything than you do.

>brain chips
Does this mean Valve is making a cyberpunk game? Or is Valve literally huffing paint and going DUDE WHAT IF WHAT IF WE HAD BRAIN CHIPS THAT LET US PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITHOUT NEEDING ANY KNOWLEDGE ABOUT HOW TO USE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD LOL DOOOOOOD IT BANS TOXIC BEHAVIOR BEFORE IT HAPPENEDED

are you okay, user? you don't sound okay...

This is a necessary development

Attached: the person you want to be.gif (1200x1300, 416K)

The future is now!

Eurgh, gross. Why the fuck do they keep thinking that shoving things into the body will solve all problems.

Attached: Titan_concept.jpg (1800x1519, 534K)

why do you have to be so defensive valve shill ?
It is not like that the preorders started.
The video talked only about videogames.
And i just told you that it have no potentiel in video games same as vr

I'd like to see to how this would affect the game then I'm having my depression episode

based valve

OPEN YOUR EYES. YOUR MIND, YOUR BRAIN IS THE LAST TOOL AT YOUR DISPOSAL!
LETTING A GREEDY CORPORATION TAKE CONTROL OF IT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, WITH COMPUTER CHIPS JUST PROVES TO THEM THAT YOU ARE MINDLESS CATTLE.

This is bait right?

This is the future you fucking faggots. This technophobia is embarrassing from a bunch of video game nerds. You're supposed to be the ones welcoming new, innovative technology.

no, watch the video

the latter

>lol is dis beit

Dude just fucking watch the video or Google it

So, what sort of signal is the chip going to send when I get aroused while a big tittied demon is eating my guts.

Gaben's last speech in full:
youtube.com/watch?v=9gIMZ0WyY88

They can stay luddites if they want no one's forcing them

Attached: chad transhumanist.png (1400x650, 228K)

Retard

This company doesn't even make good video games anymore can we still call them a video game company?

The scene is instantly censored

>tripfag

Dude your opinion matters so much to us. Thank god you're using a tripcode to differentiate yourself from us ordinary plebs. Thank you for your service

they do they just cancel them all because their structure is fucking bizarre
l4d3, hl3, hlvr, fuck knows what else

Even in death, I am the Omnissiah

Regardless of quality they have been making games so...

since tripfags dont make OC anymore can hiro disable tripcodes?

Nigger I bet you go "LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" whenever you hear bad news on the radio/tv/online. Companies are a shit, people did worse things for a nickel let alone for your BRAIN. You wouldn't trust ME enough to reveal yourself user by giving your name, why should you trust a company? We use words to hide our real intentions, you can't hide that with a chip.

the big tittied demon is gonna start calling you a loser and tell you that your tiny dick isn't even good enough as a side dish.

>We might see the matrix IRL in our life time
PLUG ME THE FUCK IN, I'M READY

Attached: XQkFnPiw_400x400.jpg (400x400, 22K)

You think that you are joking?
>15 year later
>haha you are free to not use this chip
>also to watch any movie or play a game, you have to accept term of use that force to approve of using a chip and sharing your data
>most of websites and social media only work with same terms to "enhance your experience" and survive with ads money
Just like today how you are "free" to live without a mobile phone or internet or bankcard.

Attached: kek.png (327x316, 208K)

HL3 will require a brain implant to play.
Only when the tech get's up to SAO tier immersiveness will HL3 be released on this kind of tech.

lol

Attached: 1540633653997.png (497x465, 134K)

kek, have fun literally trying to escape your objective reality for an eternity instead of simply pulling the trigger.

>be transhumanist
>be an angry little insuferable retard
Bet you're a midget or handicapped too, hoping that the future will develop technology advanced enough to make you stop from smelling your own sweat, shit and piss, the reminders that you're still an animal.

the end is nigh

mark of the beast

>HL1 innovates muh story
>HL2 innovates muh physics and characters
>HLVR (seven hour war) innovates uh VR obviously
>HL3 innovates brain interfacing
HL series always gotta be pushing something to keep valve employees interested

Attached: thinking loli.png (451x619, 429K)

lol fuck off sand nigger

You're exaggerating but I sort of agree. It's to be expected from small-minded people, which are the majority. It will take time for a technology like this to really get widespread usage because only the next generation will grow up with it and accept it fully. It's ironic how hundreds of generations keep repeating the same things the previous generations did.

When book printing became mainstream, major thinkers of the time commented about how youth spend so much time reading that they ignore their responsibilities. Now instead of books, insert music, TV, video games, the internet and you have a major medium being pushed against by the mainstream of the time. But it always takes one full generation for something to become fully ingrained in human life. It'll be the same with the inevitable implants humans will make.

>he said on a video game board

>trying to escape your objective reality

Transhumanism has nothing inherent to do with virtual realities. You're completely misunderstanding the point of transhumanism. Not that a virgin vs chad meme should be taken seriously, but clearly you aren't very informed on the topic.

>haha luddites are this retarded *screencap*
Fuck off false flagger.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for brain chip gaming to become a thing. It's just that this particular innovation seems a lot more suited to nefarious ends than most others.

Books, music, tv =/= chips in your brain.

just FUCK OFF already tripfag, no one likes you

Attached: 1552581105392.jpg (456x434, 100K)

Choose your destiny.
For me, it's the gunner.

Attached: quake-2-baddies.jpg (400x265, 43K)

"transhumanism" only is possible (in any sense that is beneficial to humanity) if we kill the elites

otherwise, it will be their playground and the technology will just be a way for them to expand and solidify their already near-absolute control

He may be a faggot, but he's not wrong. Valve is a shit company now and you can't deny it.

>Your appointment to Epic should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with Tim.
>I take it he was agreeable?
>He didn't really have a choice.
>Has he been bought by chinks?
>Oh yes, most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the CCP grants, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.
>This Epic Store -- the rioting is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it.
>Why contain it? Let it get all the exclusivity deals, let the buttblasted consumers pile up in the internet. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.
>I've received reports of Tiananmen Square pasta attacks on our benefactors. There's not enough grants to go around, and the anons are starting to get desperate.
>Of course they're desperate. They can smell their deaths, and the sound they'll make rattling their cages will serve as a warning to the rest.
>Mmm. I hope you're not underestimating the problem. The others may not go as quietly as you think -- intelligence indicates they're behind the problems in Yea Forums.
>A bunch of pretentious boomers playing at running the world. But the world left them behind long ago. We are the future.
>We have other problems.
>Valve?
>Formed by executive order after the terrorist strike on the Steam. I have someone in place though. I'm more concerned about Sergei -- he's relocated to Twitter.
>Our distribution platform is far in advance of theirs, as is our upcoming VR technology, and their... ethical inflexibility has allowed us to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.
>The brain chipping project?
>Among other things -- but I must admit that I've been somewhat disappointed with the performance of the primary shill.
>The secondary shill should be online soon. He's currently undergoing preparations and should be operational within six months. My people will continue to report on his progress. If necessary, the primary will be terminated.
fuck post limits

Attached: akdaksfkgadg.png (792x550, 537K)

I wouldn't jump on board with this technology in its infancy either, I'd wait a few years to see how it pans out exactly. New laws will have to be made around this chip tech but I believe technology integrated into out bodies is an inevitable part of the future, so I'm excited. I don't think masses of people will immediately go for it, but a few brave souls will and the technology will gradually prove itself to the masses. A chip in your brain won't sound so scary when it becomes the norm.

If you kill the elites someone else will just take their place

Fuck off you commie faggot. Transhumanism has nothing to do with killing the elites. A hierarchy is needed for society to function. No matter what you do, a hierarchy will re-emerge.

SAO is happening bois.
It's coming.

Sounds fucking terrifying.

It sucks that this is pretty much our inevitable future within the next 20-40 years.

I'm not misinformed at all. I just think that longevity is not going to uplift humanity and it's just jumping onto Mr Bones Wilde Ride and the destination is depths of degeneracy nobody knew was possible because they only had 1 lifetime.

You seem upset shit eating pcbros :)

>support (if you call an automatic system that does nothing 'support') dropped in 5... 4... 3...

with what? :S

Attached: console cope ps4.jpg (1552x2000, 825K)

I welcome it.

Attached: PRAISE THE MACHINE GOD.jpg (798x1138, 430K)

>look mom they are giving me (you)'s because I am different look I posted it again using my special code
C O P E

Attached: 1541485899220.jpg (300x283, 32K)

>A hierarchy is needed for society to function.
no it isn't, and especially not in a society that automates the work

>boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/ruggarell/page/1/
>boards.fireden.net/_/search/username/ruggarell/page/2/
>OBESSED with white people
>sonyfag
>nigger
>SONYN1GGER

No matter where the future of humanity is going, someone will always want to be top dog. This is human nature at its finest. A hierarchy isn't a mere product of economy, we are primates and every primate species is inherently segregated and hierarchical. It'll take another couple dozen or hundred million years for this deeply ingrained, evolved human nature to fade away, if it ever does.

>HL1
>story

for the time and in an FPS yes

why didn't you listen

Attached: astar.png (400x300, 236K)

It's more interesting to shit on them while Epic debuts a search box in their 30games store front

Fuck you pcbro

This is what happens when you literally have too much money.
Valve has no shareholders so they can't buy back stock. They will just throw it at magic.

Attached: scrooge-mcduck-998x749.jpg (998x749, 128K)

Not using your tripfag anymore, I see.

he got scared that exposed him for being a huge faggot

is this REALLY an out of season april fools joke, one week earlier ?

Attached: 1544501348843.jpg (1024x576, 270K)

Gabe's talked about being in touch with people in that field the past
I want to say 2016 but I can't remember

you were warned!

The Warrior's bland acronym, MMI, obscures the true horror of this monstrosity. Its inventors promise a new era of genius, but meanwhile unscrupulous power brokers use its forcible installation to violate the sanctity of unwilling human minds. They are creating their own private army of demons.
— Comissioner Pravin Lal, "Report on Human Rights" (Accompanies discovery of the "Mind-Machine Interface" tech)

Attached: 1521730295622.png (435x439, 142K)

Been here for 8 years white boy why would i be scared?

Nigger.

Nigger

my.mixtape.moe/mscdmu.jpg

Ebin Game store will save us from Valve's brain chips.

yeah, they'll just pay the neuroscience division working on it to make it exclusively for them and it'll flop, selling as well as an icemaker in Canada

>inb4 the brain chip doesnt actually play games but rewrites your brain to only want to play artifact

I'd believe it, I'd never touch the game otherwise

it is just talks
no prototype no nothing

Based and machinespiritpilled

Attached: 1552577217222.jpg (669x1024, 79K)

suck it
my hat now

Call me back when they're offering nano-augmentations.

Based Alpha Centauri poster
Also Mirriam unironically did nothing wrong

>Hello i'm user and i'm 16
>I don't remember how games were before 1998 because duh, i obviously wasn't even around back then
>Yet i'm going to shitpost so people will think that i'm such a contrarian smartass

Hunt down the freeman wasn't VR and it didn't innovated much

doom oo quake had better story than hl1, stop pretending you are older than 12

Attached: 1494945939044.jpg (400x400, 31K)

HDTF doesn't actually exist, it was a collective fever dream experienced by all HL fans brought on by severe withdrawal.

Go to hell and kill demons is not the pinnacle of storytelling, even Carmack declared they never cared for the plot
HL was the first FPS to have a real MC and the whole story presented trough gameplay was groundbreaking for the time, there is a good reason it won every single prize there was to win. Just because you played it in 2014 doesn't mean you're aware of the impact it had at the time

>implying you ever played HL1
otherwise you wouldn't be saying this bullshit

you know who else won all the prizes? tlou and botw, but that doesnt mean they are good games

Attached: you.jpg (594x395, 88K)

Sounds like a load of bullshit.
Even if you ignore every fucking thing wrong with this, Valve is always abandoning projects

that was on point you illiterate retard. your prizes mean nothing, and hl1 had no story. cope harder

No it fucking wasn't, you were arguing about whether or not HL1 has story, and then bring up story related games as proof that story doesn't make a game good.
It's a complete tangent you brainlet.

It's almost 2020 dude it's about fucking time this kind of thing was worked on

Is this like that neuralink meme Musk is doing?

>Half Life 3 could never live up to hype
Why do retards keep saying this? If Half-Life 3 was just more Half-Life 2 people would be happy.

I wish that the world government would eventually push out laws that private companies are required to have shareholders. That way Valve would end up having shareholders and be forced to make video games.

No it would be new thing
New thing does not have soul
What I played as a young teen, now that had soul

That isn't what I said at all. Stop projecting at me.

Step 1 is to release a VR headset
Step 2 will add this brainscan crap into the headset

It's the same as the hats from WestWorld

Sounds like a great idea

Attached: companies killed by EA.png (1112x1000, 307K)

>post yfw Valve were the Combine all along and they're going to use these brain chips to turn us all into mere Civil Patrol ops

Attached: 1552957215099.png (181x157, 26K)

>trusting valve to not sell your literal brain data to shady companies like they already do with your private data

Yes laowai if only TenCent could be allowed a majority share of Valve.

>tfw it's actually real and not an early april fools joke
I know Gabe wanted Half Life 3 to be groundbreaking, but holy shit

Attached: 1548312868629.jpg (500x500, 51K)

>Tencent datamines your PC
>Valve wants to datamine your brain

Valve has shareholders.
Gabe owns 51% of it, it's a public company.

Is there any actual evidence that they do?

Valve has shareholders, autismo

tfw maybe will become a cyborg in my lifetime

Attached: 1539997213405.jpg (1125x1957, 305K)

No but you're naive if you think they don't. All companies are inherently evil because they belong to an inherently evil system called capitalism. Until socialism takes over (which is an inevitability) all your data is being stolen and sold by literally all the companies whose services you use. Wake the fuck up

Don't really care about this stuff compared to genetic immortality
Retrovirus/nanomachine gene therapy research is far more important
Though both is good too

Anything that goes into any sort of cyborg territory is good for the causes you're excited for too. It's all part of a transhumanist future.

Common sense indicates that because Valve are the greediest company to exist, they constantly utilize greedy tactics such as selling your information. It's basic fucking logic.

I fucking hate Artifact, Gabe.

What kind of creature is that

Attached: sp.jpg (249x249, 7K)

It's spooky as hell though, not because of the invasion of our biology but because one day humans will draw a line through history and say "people died of aging before this point". I'd very much like to not be on the side that falls into the abyss.

This post really showcases how much of a fucking amoral scumbag Gabe Newell is. Literally the type of monster who'd sell his family for a few pennies.

you mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain but ive got nerves of steel

Attached: 1464863455401.jpg (671x1190, 75K)

Sorry to say, but you're very likely to be on the side of history that will fall into the abyss. Because even if immortality becomes available during our lives, it's likely to be available only to the elites for generations. In fact, immortality will bring some absolutely huge problems for society and it's likely to be a period of great turmoil until things settle down again. I highly doubt our generation will get to benefit from this, but I'm not sure I'd like to live forever anyway.

Rather have a clunky helmet than a brainchip, I ain't into transhumanism unless it's biological enhancements or I need a cool fake hand that can do rocket punches

What's the key difference between biological and technological enhancements that makes you want one but not the other?

I played half life 2 and it was okay

Number 1....

Attached: Leogold.jpg (459x795, 165K)

Facebook will reverse engineer Valves BCI tech and implemented them into their own VR headsets

Attached: zuck.jpg (1960x980, 324K)

a jew

Yeah I'm not exactly hopeful that automation/fusion can create a sustainable enough economy to allow for it in my lifetime, and people will still want to breed like crazy even if they agree not to.
>but I'm not sure I'd like to live forever anyway.
cope

track9.mixtape.moe/chsfdj.webm

I know a bit about BCI, and current information transfer rate are way below 200 bits per minute for non-invasive methods, which is much much less than you need to be able to play a game. And this is for simple tasks like picking a letter to write something letter after letter.
This isn't a technology that's ready for games

Attached: 1550591600068.jpg (240x334, 14K)

You're missing out, user. Just drop the $2 it costs when on sale. It's still fun today- if you have people to play with that is.

Attached: DwWJt52XQAULQ0f.jpg (1200x350, 91K)

>Valve are the greediest company to exist
This is what 3 weeks of brain washing looks like

Fear of maintenance really. Maybe some of the more outlanding shit like spying on me and stuff.
Though the risk of possibly getting rejects or mutating should also be an issue I should take more notice of with biological

Is nobody talking about how an easier mode based on individual experience would suck?

i.imgur.com/4Grb84C.jpg

Attached: Get dumped once turn into a incel.jpg (778x124, 23K)

>People only rarely die of natural causes
>Suicide rates skyrocket until they reach 99%
This is what immortality will look like

Why would they make games that cost money to make? They would just milk the Steam cow and pay dividends.

What's wrong with that? Better to leave when you want than be forcibly removed.

>cope

I just think a literal eternity alive is just as likely to be spend in incredible agony as it is with good times. Imagine an infinite time alive and ALL the scenarios out there that lead to you spending an eternity in severe suffering. Not a gamble I'd be willing to take. I'd probably end my life after a few hundred years.

>Epic has an exclusive game
>*throws a tantrum*
>Valve wants to put a chip in you brain to assume full control
>Wow this actually sounds kind of based and redpilled

Attached: 1553111755866.jpg (1242x1279, 465K)

fucking nigger

>epic/google shill uses wojak
Every time

Attached: d0f87811d59e147f3ce56262fb937cbd--tom-and-jerry-jerry-oconnell.jpg (564x562, 46K)

Valve isn't pushing for brain chip exclusivity

Attached: 1553434101956.jpg (838x1024, 92K)

So you're just unironically being a retard?

Fleshbags have an expiration date because consciousness is kinda shit. You don't need 300 years and becoming a cyborg to figure it out, it just makes you sound insecure.

>Letting marketers tap directly into your brain and send ads directly into your subconcious
No thanks.

>consciousness is kinda shit

It's good for a while and then it runs its course. It's still better to leave when you want and not when circumstances decide for you.

What should I read to learn about transhumanism?

Then why not kill yourself at 40? 30?
Do you happen to want the exact amount of time you'll be given? Seems like cope.

Oof, triggered hard

Homo Deus

Half-life 3 is going to be groundbreaking after all

What's the point of killing myself when I know I'll die regardless? Might as well let it run it's course and see if it was worth the hastle. At worst I could've killed myself sooner, and at best I might enjoy it.

This. I don't trust companies to make a video game and not fuck it up. It'll be a long while before i trust them to put anything permanently on me

Another piece in the grand scheme
track3.mixtape.moe/lzynpc.webm

Attached: So believes David Sarif.jpg (620x441, 87K)

Imagine paying out the ass to let companies advertise directly into your brain. Anyone who idolizes dystopian cyberpunk shit should try turning off their adblock for a few weeks.

Well from that perspective why not wait until the heat death of the universe? You might enjoy that too.

Literally no one here genuinely thinks this is a good idea. I like the non-intrusive helmet idea, but a fucking implant in your brain from a company is too much.

>What's the point of killing myself when I know I'll die regardless

The point is, consciousness is shit according to you. So why prolong it if it's so shit? Clearly you aren't being very honest about your own beliefs on life and consciousness. If you're letting it run its course, then it's not shit.

Zalem brainchips when?

Obviously no one wants a mind reader implant.
Unless it leads to full dive VR. In which case people will get them.

>Unless it leads to full dive VR. In which case people will get them.
I'd be conflicted at this point.
I'd want to fuck big tiddy elf bitches but I don't want a jew directly in my brain.

Attached: Thinkgeng.png (2688x2688, 173K)

shhh just let it happen goy

Attached: i_dreamed_of_you_by_jessicawoulfe-da2m51r.png (1024x576, 554K)

The chip shouldn't have access to the internet and you're good

>you will be able to do mental shitposting on your lifetime
yes please

Attached: 8f0.jpg (544x515, 42K)

Do I really need to say it again? I'm not going to kill myself because I know I'll die regardless. Whether it's alone on the streets with 15 needles in my veins or in a skyscraper surrounded by 5 hookers.
Yes consciousness is shit but I've got responsibilities to others to stay living. I don't think anyone can blame me if circumstances that were out of my hands conspired to help me out.

Seriously
Could you imagine if a big company like McDonalds got a hold of a tech like this? You think a lot of Americans are fat, lazy, and crazy now, imagine having send you a mental image of their food.

Gabe doesn't even need to resort to that. He already has a shit load of blind followers on Steam aka Steam drones

>McDonalds commercial on PS4 makes you scream at your television to continue
>McDonalds commercial in your brain makes you involuntarily scream "McDonalds" at random intervals

Attached: 1501229988552.jpg (400x387, 74K)

>Yes consciousness is shit but I've got responsibilities to others to stay living

Like what? Let me guess, you don't wanna hurt your parents' feelings by killing yourself?

>tfw corporate hackers inject malware into my brain chip
>now whenever i cum i see an image of pizza hut's logo
>unconsciously begin to associate pizza hut with orgasmic pleasure

darn it

And how are they going to test all of this?
Are they going to have human guinea pigs?
What if someone dies testing this or during the first few official implants?
Valve is delving into some deep shit here.

Parents, family, friends. People who would generally enjoy my company or otherwise rely on me, what other answer were you expecting? Killing myself in this instance would literally be selfish, and me being too dead to give a shit wouldn't change that.

So basically you're living your life out waiting for something to kill you. That sounds like you're having a neutral time with life. If it was shit as you said you wouldn't waste time ending it. Pro-tip: make your suicide look like an accident

this is the future boys

Attached: Valve_head_home.png (320x239, 34K)

>yfw they first changed this screen and the nig actually started turning towards you

Attached: 1407453437716.jpg (200x291, 7K)

I already told you why I won't kill myself. If you had given placed a gun in front of me a few years back I would've pulled the trigger no hesitation. Right now I've been giving myself some strong Vitamin D shots and am riding out my new positive vibes which is the reason for my new optimistic outlook on life, I think it's pretty good.

You told me that you're staying alive for your friends and family, but the reality is you're not staying alive for them, you're staying alive for the satisfaction of knowing they aren't mourning you. At the end of the day the only thing that drives people is how they themselves feel. The satisfaction in making your friends and family happy is making your life not shit. Again, if your life was truly shit you'd be gone by now.

So they raise the arousedness levels? Nice

That line of reasoning is reductive as fuck. You can make all of existence revolve around chemical balances in your brain. That's just shitty, boring and removes context. I'm not going to go into some sort pain olympics blog posting tangent here because I already made my point. Even if you live a thousand years you'll still choose to kill yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=jhgOqyZHBIU&t=30m53s

>And for those of you who like science fiction, there's this great researcher at Cornell who's done a bunch of work decoding how to talk directly to your brain, sort of bypassing the front end of your optical system. In other words, she's actually just skipping the eye and talking directly into the peoples brains. Which really introduces sort of a bizarre "Snow Crash" reality way sooner than I would have guessed. So, she's solving the coding problem, [door distraction] there's the sort of the CCD front-end problem, which is kind of hard, and she's like well, that's a bitch, why don't we just skip that, figure out what the protocol is to talk to the brain. And it turns out, one of the interesting things, it's a way more compact representation of information, so, you know, that's gonna happen, that's something you guys should be thinking about, that your subjective experience of reality is probably going to be driven directly into your brain much sooner than I think most people expect. Which means you'll be playing games, and, you win!

I've been casually reminding you faggots of this inevitability for years now. And it IS an inevitability. And it IS nothing to be particularly feared - depending on the very specific details. Valve very visibly struggling with Cultural Marxism infection at the same time they're actually going public with their work is extremely troubling. The explicit call-out of censorship as one application is mortifying. Valve may not be the savior, after all, but it will exist even if we have to be it ourselves.

Proper two-way is still years off (but not too many).

Attached: cyberbrain.jpg (1609x891, 440K)