Why do plebs hate this game?

Why do plebs hate this game?

Attached: Banjo-Tooie_Coverart.png (320x223, 161K)

I think it's even better than the first, but I get that some people might think it's a little too big for its own good.

it's fucking boring. collectathons were a genre that overstayed their welcome almost as soon as they were invented.

This.

it isn't. It's filled with shit to do
it was better than the first and the levels weren't too big like DK64

People rail against collectathons but eat up shit like Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. I don't get it.

Yeah for me it's right in that sweet spot between Kazooie and DK64 where the interconnection of the levels makes the world feel massive and realistically proportioned, without feeling like there's too much bullshit gating your progress

My mom bought me the first game because she thought the animals on the cover looked cute. It became one of my favorite games of all time. Just thought I'd share.

Because Youtubers told them to.
In truth, it's better than Kazooie.

>muh backtracking
When in reality if's perfectly fine if you're not a fucking brainlet.

level design is BT is 10 times better than odissey btw

>Go into a level, 4-5 jiggies need moves from later levesl
>Split up pads aren't always immediately near where they're needed, or you ca't warp to one and back easily
>Mumbo is slow, and is only ever there just to flick a switch.
>Exits in CCL looked very samey

I liked it, especially with all the ways you could enter/leave different levels, but those are my main gripes.

My main problem with Odyssey is that everything felt like it was lying around and there seemed to be very little challenge or exploring needed

When confronted by something he cannot comprehend or respond to. The Pleb will scream "Muh Grunty Industries"

To be fair everyone hates Cloud Cuck Land

Been wanting to replay this recently. Anything I can do to spice it up a bit? Was thinking of just using a cheat to start with all moves and seeing if I can clear it in a single evening.

Attached: 1553195837866.jpg (1300x1300, 235K)

Never played any of the Banjo games. What are they like?

but that's the best level

Because collectathon is a meaningless pejorative word.

You can call literally ANY game a collectathon. Tetris is a fucking collectathon because you’re collecting score and rows of blocks.

Spice it up in what way?

The first one is very compact, small vibrant worlds, with only one jiggie that needs backtracking between levels, more of an exploration/puzzle solving game rather than a platformer outside the engine room, and termite tower.

The second one mixes it up a fair bit, the worlds are bigger, and you won't be able to collect everything without going to later levels, there's now a boss on every level, and some levels have an FPS part.
The worlds are now interconnected which means you can skip the hubworld, there will be a lot more backtracing within levels as there are 4 combinations of characters you can get (although Mumbo is only used once per level)

Kazooie is a good little exploration game, Tooie expands on this but isn't as compact

It's kind of all over the place with a lot of backtracking

I don't hate it. It's just not as good as the first.

The level design is worse in Tooie. The levels are bigger but have no personality and aren't very memorable

The game is packed with stuff, but is so unbalanced with all of it. Personally i went on a trip with my family and came back to play it a week later and forgot what most of the moves in the game were/do. There needed to be better ways of tallying the things you have/have to do in the game. I couldn't get back into the game mainly because of that.

>Spice it up in what way?
Make it not the same as every other playthrough I've done

>The levels ... have no personality
The literal fuck?

I liked playing as Mumbo, wish he got more use.

the only thing bad about Toole is those Mumbo bits where you wander around the world to stand on a pad to unlock shit and then wander back

feels like a bloody waste of time and needless legwork

other than that tooie is golden

Some of the levels are just zero fun.

I don't know, there's not an awful lot you can do to play it differently, outside of rules
>Not allowed to go into the hubworld outside of going into a level for the first time.
This means to get into Grunty Industires you'll either have to skip an earlier level so you can get the train in, or wait until you get a train switch for Hailfire Peaks.
>Can only go under water for as long as you can hold your breath
Jolly Roger's Lagoon is oxygenated so that's exempt.
>Any of the Bird Bayonet/over the shoulder shooter must be done behind appropriate cover

Except unlike modern collectibles the game is actually designed with the expectation that you’ll do everything. So it’s actually fun to 100% the game and not a chore since they didn’t just slap 100,000,000 pointless map icons all over the place to extend the games play time like every game nowadays does

As an addendum to this, you won't be able to get back from CLoud Cuckooland without leaving a stage open.
Mayahem Temple (need jiggies from)
GGM
WitchyWorld (need split up for the moves)
JRL (Need the talon torpedo move to get to the wasteland)
Terrydactyland (Need spring boots to get to Quagmire)
Hailfire Peaks
Cloud Cuckooland (last level)

So you'll either need to leave hailfire peaks or GGM unexplored until you learn the moves in Cloud cuckooland if you want to get back, otheriwse you need to get up to 70 jiggies by the time you leave Cloud Cuckooland

Reminder that cuntary mary is a hundred billion times harder on 360 than on n64 because the porters are retarded. Might even be harder on the One, I can’t reallt tell.

It's a bit too bloated. When you have to backtrack so much and the levels being as big as they are sometimes and interconnected, it's easy to lose track on what you're doing.

Other than that I actually found it to be superior to the first game.

I just cheated when I got up to her on an emulator. It was so retarded I had fuck around with turbo buttons for ages to get it to work.

You are aware she rubber bands based on your speed right?
It's not like the Lanky rabbit race on the Wii U version of DK64 which is allegedly really hard due to the increased speed

>Because collectathon is a meaningless pejorative word.
>You can call literally ANY game a collectathon.
Gee, it's a good thing language isn't sterile and can give connotations. Banjo and DK64 tend to be the big 3 collectathons because they're platformers that take the number of necessary and optional collectables to a degree beyond other games.

terrydactyland can fuck right off

>shitty boring big ass worlds
>shitty boring ost
>shitty unnecessary backtracking, you don't even fucking know whether you're missing a jiggy because you need a new ability or because you're doing something wrong to get it
>Humba Wumba
>No lives system, so retards won't feel any preassure yet every time you lose all your HP, you get back to the Village
>Too much text for a fucking platformer

Yeah, I wonder why nobody ever talks about this game. Even Nuts and Bolts gets usually more recognition than this trash.

It's unplayable without Super Banjo enabled

It's pretty stupid though. You can beat her in GGM just by going all out, so there'd be no way of knowing she's got some of the worst rubberbanding this side of Mario Kart. The tricks to abusing rubberbanding aren't the kind of thing kids are you to know or pick up on either.

Most plebs hate this game mostly because it's cool to hate on the Banjo-kazooie fanbase now. Outside of the bullshit reason, people hate this game due to the backtracking needed for later jiggies.

Attached: 1548258828725.gif (500x265, 491K)

>they're platformers
But I thought a big arguing point of the people who push the collectathon meme around was that DK64 wasn’t actually a platformer because it’s just about collecting?

Can’t have it both ways you dingus

This is my ultimate end all postion on the banjo series.

Super Banjo Tooie >>> Kazooie >= Tooie

>every time you lose all your HP you go back to where you entered the level.

Nintendo Power/gaming magazines had this nd stuff saying you'll want to give her a headstart

>Can’t have it both ways you dingus
Yes you can. Those three particular games are 3D platformers that are also collectathons. There's nothing that says both descriptors are mutually exclusive.

The Banjo games were never good.

Mario 64 is just as much of a collectathon as BK

Every time I feel like I'm about to get a jiggy in this game it's either progress towards a cheat I don't care about or it's actually just 1 step out of 7. It's like get an ability to get the battery to activate the power to open the door to activate a mumbo pad to activate a jump pad to get the stop n swop egg and then I get to look at the jiggy on the other side of a glass window. Also every time I see a jinjo it's actually a minjo. This game is blueballs, just let me collect shit in fun happy land like the first game.

DK64 has a number of mini games that are borderline impossible on the WiiU version. They balanced and sped the games to the N64 frame rates issues and lag so doing the rabbit and watermelon require split second reactions when running “correctly”
Rename when unironically

So you’re admitting that you do things in those games other than collecting now?

I don't know why you're trying to trip me up on my words. For some reason you seem to think that because some other people you've argued with in previous threads on Yea Forums have held a particular stance on collectathons (that you disagree with) that I must also hold true to the same stance, which I don't.

>that Canary Mary race

Attached: 1531389835260.jpg (446x422, 48K)

This is actually a good quality to the game. If you think something is too easy to get, it's likely a trap. You have to work for every jiggy/jinjo/page/honeycomb,ect. It feels ((almost)) structured like a Metroid game.

I beat the rabbit on my second try. I only lost the first because I fucked up a turn

No ones hates the fanbase, unless you’re talking about smashfags