ITT: Old games that hold up well today (Either gameplay or graphics)

ITT: Old games that hold up well today (Either gameplay or graphics).
I'll Start: All STALKER games.

Attached: 41700_screenshots_2015-03-06_00001.jpg (1920x1080, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jEE-RzKMelU
steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/1741105805743188237/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 17462432642895970304_screenshots_2014-02-23_00001.jpg (1440x900, 489K)

Most fighting games have aged like fine wine

Attached: images (6)_new_new_new_new_new.jpg (739x415, 25K)

Im currently playing F.E.A.R. and it looks and plays fucking great

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 838K)

STALKER isn't that old

>bought a brand new pc
>still only player stalker mods

Currently playing anomaly but not sure if i can be bothered to do the story when mutants zip around so much id need to be a pro CS player to hit them

It's 12 years old bro, the average Yea Forums poster wasn't even born when it released.

Resident Evil 1 Remake.
The best survival horror game in that style and it still looks great graphically.

All of the Age of Empires games, except arguably Age of Mythology, are still great.
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is a blast.
I emulate Civ 1 from time to time on my phone - it may be a broken mess, but it's a fun broken mess.
Super Mario World is probably the best bing bing wahoo that isn't Mario Maker.
Tetris is one of the best games ever.

Well fair enough.

Haven't played any of them. What are they like?

Fun if you treat any glitchy gamebreaking/immersion breaking shit as just another zone anomaly

Open world shooters, no RPG elements but you can boost your stats. Strong focus on atmosphere with a little bit of horror thrown in

16-bit Mortal Kombat games look really goofy today. I say it as someone who's been playing UMK3 almost every day since I was eleven until I was about 17 when I switched mostly to PC gaming.

Attached: borderlands_2.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

Beautiful, broken and immersive as fuck. They are horror games without being horror games. Just play Shadow of Chernobyl with ERP, a bug fix mod. And remember that you literally don't get a decent weapon that works for like 90 minutes.

Dawn of War
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssee
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space 1
Psychonauts
BLOOD
Escape From Butcher Bay
KOTOR
DMC3
MGS1/2/3
RE4
Most SNES classics

I don't know how old OP was talking about. STALKER was 2009 I believe.

Ultima VII, that shit's probably the best game ever made.

A lot of those, like RE4 have some pretty nasty texturework- but the style always holds up.

Graphics literally don't matter, I didn't take them into account when making that list. Yea Forums used to acknowledge that graphics don't matter, but kids now just use them to shitpost.

And yeah, RE4 has a strong style that holds up. All the RE games hold up, except for vanilla RE1, but REmake exists so that's null.

FLASHLIGHT

just play it and see for yourself

Attached: Fallout-Other-Fallout-фэндомы-лебедев-3517586.jpg (988x960, 169K)

ninja gaiden black

unironically Super Mario 64

Too bad there's no way to play it without buying an OG Xbox. I wish my modded Xbox didn't shit out on me. I want to replay JSRF too.

Max Payne
Panzer General 2
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast

Timeless artstyles, fun and fast gameplay

Attached: max payne.jpg (2160x1620, 1.03M)

>Too bad there's no way to play it without buying an OG Xbox.
Xbone

>tfw I'll never roam the zone with shit equipment like a bad pistol and an old ak 47 wearing a long overcoat, huddling against the fire at night with bros telling jokes and drink alcohol

The Elder Scrolls V

san andreas easily
chronicles of riddick efbb (the original)

I always felt sad that TPS didn't really take after Max Payne aka fast gameplay awarding aggression and pinpoint accuracy but rather embraced sticking to cover and taking pot shots while you wait for health to regenerate.

Chronicles of Riddick still has better lighting and animations than most modern games. This includes its own remake.

Are Max Payne games really that good? What makes them so loved? I remember playing it a little as a kid and being scared of some house in a presumable dream sequence.

Age of Mythology

Anything with cell shading has aged well graphically imo. No More Heroes, Okami, Wind Waker, Madworld, and Red Steel 2 are fuckin great games.

Attached: 1552572436229m.jpg (1024x890, 149K)

Attached: Rise_of_Nations_Coverart.png (256x346, 190K)

WHACK HIM

>Mirror's Edge
>Most SNES classics
>DMC3
Just finished replaying ME and Earthbound recently and still love them. Also played DMC1 which is still great.

I tried playing it again but I don't think it really holds up. Guns don't feel that satisfying to use, cinematic deaths at the end of the each group of enemies gets annoying, bosses just being normal enemies with an unexpected amount of extra health, etc. It also advertises itself as being dark noir but just seems too goofy.

competitive def jam is a thing?

Deus Ex holds up.

Attached: 9E89AD79-8E8B-4468-88D9-9E1B5A683B34.png (432x454, 213K)

>they know you’re there...

Opinions and all that but I think you’re in a minority.

Probably. I didn't remember how goofy it really was and wasn't in the mood for that when I tried playing it again, so maybe it's just me.

>Escape From Butcher Bay
Actually play it now it feels so boring in its level design, like an old game
>MGS1/2/3
MGS1 is dated as fuck in graphics and mechanics, MGS3, well had shit mechanics at the time and are still shit now, specially the menu simulation crap.
>RE4
Had shitty outdated TPS mecs at the time and are still shit now

Attached: AF.jpg (460x215, 28K)

Still the best

Attached: 435591-hitman-blood-money-xbox-360-screenshot-out-in-the-suburbs.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

They're great TPS with great stories. MP1 is a little clunky by today's standards but the story makes up for it. MP2 is fantastic shooter. MP3 is hit and miss with people. I think it's a great shooter with a dumb story. They're classics for a reason.

Max Payne 1 is a satire of noir. His name is literally Max Payne for fuck's sake. 2 takes itself seriously.

Attached: Dk boiiiiii.jpg (800x559, 114K)

It's a shooter that succeeds in rewarding skilled movement and positioning which it accomplishes because of its gameplay design of not having hitscan bullets and its devious and varied encounter design. It's a lot like Quake 1 in a way where encounters take place in tight spaces and you get into a dance with the enemy and adapt your movement and positioning to the varying room geometry.

I don't think MP1 holds up as well as people say, but it's still decent for such an old game. MP2 holds up much better IMO.

Attached: campfire MI 2.gif (640x400, 82K)

Gonna be honest, I think if you think any well regarded game is "dated" you're a pleb. There are some that obviously fit the bill, but gameplay wise, most good games don't age.

Terrible.

Attached: chrono trigger.png (1920x1080, 122K)

There's a really devoted following of STALKER games here on Yea Forums but I honestly don't get it. I tried to get into SoC and CoP a few times but it just seems like a janky, clunky mediocre game with ridiculous voice acting. Also the shooting is pretty terrible, the starting pistol in SoC can't hit the side of a barn from a meter away. I think everyone is just playing heavily modded versions of these games and praising the mods more than the base game.

love that game

>pinpoint accuracy

My guy, MP1 and MP2 weren't about pinpoint accuracy at all. They were literally all about spraying and praying because the spread of the weapons was absolutely huge. Only MP3 made the shooting about pinpoint accuracy and landing headshots.

MP2 is an annoying game to play because there's no way to reliably avoid damage if you play fast and aggressively. The way bullet time makes you move just as fast as in real time looks goofy and stupid. Hardly any reason to use your pistols and most of your other weapons because the MP5 and AK make them completely obsolete. And the levels are too long and repetitive and don't have half as much variety as 1's.

Attached: SOE.jpg (640x443, 57K)

The single beretta has a small spread and the deagle is pinpoint accurate. The main reason why MP1 and 2 weren't about "muh headshots" like MP3 was because your crosshair wasn't an absolute indicator of where your bullet will land and you had to take bullet travel time and angles and shit into account even if your weapons were dead accurate.

I expected Albion in the same sentence.

why would you want to avoid ALL damage though? That's not the point of the game. Honestly I found it very easy except for a couple areas so I didn't see a problem with damage avoidance.

Impressions city builders.

Attached: impressions.jpg (480x360, 70K)

You know what the fuck it is
youtube.com/watch?v=jEE-RzKMelU
That and Ghouls n' Ghosts.

With community patches it plays like a charm

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

The first two Wario Land games are woefully underrated, especially II.

MP3 had bullet travel time too, it's just that the bullets actually traveled at a pretty realistic speed so it was hardly noticeable at the range most shootouts took place. The bullets in MP1 and MP2 travel at around 1/10th of their actual real life speed and needing to take bullet travel time into account at a distance of 15 meters was always silly. The shooting in those games was pretty loose because you won't be using the beretta and deagle for most of the game, you'll probably be using the fully automatic weapons. Not saying that it wasn't fun, it suited those games well but I really don't think "pinpoint accuracy" is a good way to describe the gameplay of the original 2 games.

I've read this exact post like a dozen times. You don't get a decent gun until about 90 minutes in, depending on how you fast you rush. You get Strelok's AK for free, which is pretty damn good. From then on you will start finding perfectly accurate weapons, and the progression picks up here. Once you get to the Bar, you can scavenge tons of good weapons from the adjacent areas. All of them are fairly accurate. You also need to play on the hardest difficulty, it's not actually harder it's easier. There's a hobo phase. You're literally a bum in the Zone. Don't even bother arguing about how that's "BAD DESIGN", it's been argued already hundreds of times.

And no one is playing heavily modded versions their first time. I hate this "IT'S ONLY GOOD WITH MODS" meme. No one ever does that. The only recommended mod for a beginner is ZRP, a bug fix mod which you don't even really need on a modern patch. Vanilla is how everyone says you're supposed to play.

You're missing out, man. I'm not trying to insult you, I've just heard this all before. People, even new people, come to love STALKER all the time. I only played SOC in 2015.

Get fucked, vanilla is ass. I made it to Agropom the first time I played before switching to AMK 1.4. Never completed vanilla Stalker to this day.

>don't argue that it's bad design because it was argued before

So, because more people argued that it's bad design, it's an invalid argument? Yeah ok.

>With community patches
nigga what it runs fine just as is

>playing it on 360
>looks and plays like dogshit
Didn't really hold up well then did it

it is one of the best games out there

And you get fucked. You are bottom of the rung, that is intentional. There's nothing "bad" about it. What is your fucking logic here that progression from rock bottom is in any way bad?

Like I said, I gave it a couple of shots but it just didn't hook me in. The sheer devotion, greentexts and comfiness of STALKER threads made me very curious but I was just severely disappointed each time I tried it (4 times for SoC and 1 time for CoP). They say the first 15 minutes of a movie are the most important, and I'd argue the first hour of a game is the most important because that's where you're either hooked or not hooked. STALKER just doesn't work for me it seems.

You're in the vast minority.

Yes, and all those people outed themselves as retards. I'm saying don't argue because it's really pointless to do so and I don't care to argue about it. You know those people, the "BAD DESIGN" retards. It's just not worth it.

WHERE DID HE GO?

Payday 1 and it's even better than the second game.

>hundreds of people have argued this before!!!
>the more people argue for this, the less valid the argument is!!!
>I'm right and ALL OF YOU are wrong!!!

Fuck off autismo faggot.

ANACHRONOX PLAY IT

Just play until you get the AK. It's like dropping KOTOR because Taris is shitty. You're playing the worst part of the game.

Also, the entire point is progression. A movie can start slowly to build to a climax.

Nigga what i never managed to get it to run in the vanilla version with Windows 7 and onwards. And i have 3 different versions and the gog version

Attached: Umihara Kawase.png (1500x1500, 1.03M)

>vast minority

lmao, are all STALKERfags literal brainlets? I'm glad I never bought into this autism

Answer the question:
>What is your fucking logic here that progression from rock bottom is in any way bad?

Attached: RCT2.png (359x421, 425K)

I never argued progression from rock bottom is bad, my guy. Stop strawmanning.

if you like civ/HOMM and haven't played this, give it a go. great game.

Attached: 220px-Master_of_Magic_boxcover.jpg (220x260, 24K)

Imagine looking for an argument in a thread like this. Calm down, man. I was just giving you some advice. Stop arguing so much. It's really sad, and plus, there are dozens of arguments for you to fuck off to.

DMC3. 14 years old and still one of the best if not the best action game ever

Alundra

Attached: MOTW.png (637x650, 757K)

Because 360 is a garbage console.
>turns 360° then walks away

Attached: SQ_N64_OgreBattle64PersonOfLordlyCaliber.jpg (1000x1000, 365K)

>goes on autism-fueled rant how everyone who dares dislike STALKER is dead wrong and an idiot
>s-stop arguing so m-much!

Can't make this shit up lol

Then what are we talking about? This guy says:
>There's a hobo phase. You're literally a bum in the Zone. Don't even bother arguing about how that's "BAD DESIGN", it's been argued already hundreds of times.
Directly after sentences regarding progression of weaponry. You then replied with:
>So, because more people argued that it's bad design, it's an invalid argument? Yeah ok.
Were you solely talking about the rhetoric behind the sentence? What the fuck for?

I don't support anyone here trying to fish for a dumb argument on either side. I merely tried to tell the guy he should stick with STALKER until he gets the free good gun they give you, which is accurate. Also, no mods are required or recommended. Stop arguing you fucking losers.

Just played it this year and it fucking hooked me. I still get cravings to play it all the time. A game you can play just to play, not a backlog game you just complete. I'll be coming back to it for years.

ITT:
>He couldn’t get past the bandit car park

If you play games "for the immersion" then you are going to LOVE the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series (or at least the first and third games).

But they're a fucking mess. Buggy and straight up unfair. Clear Sky (the second game) is flat out unbalanced.

That guy is just being an autist for argument's sake. This is exactly what I was trying to avoid by trying to diffuse the argument before it started. Too much to hope for on this shitty, dead, retard filled board.

Attached: 1467226248599.png (1555x1023, 2.74M)

This game is so deep it's almost unbelievable. More people really should play this. It's an absolute must for fans of strategy games.

Because it's an absolutely terrible argument. But for what it's worth, I think giving you a pistol with such incredible inaccuracy at the start of the game is bullshit. It's not a "progression from rock bottom" type thing. They could have limited the ammo more if that's what they were going for. Giving you such a terrible weapon at the start of the game sends a message that the gunplay will be shit for the entirety of it.

Attached: 220px-Ffixbox[1].jpg (220x211, 19K)

Heroes 3 looks incredible, too, like a fairytale book. I've no idea why they ditched that for generic 3d nightmares

Attached: Homm4.jpg (1024x362, 307K)

Suikoden II aged really well for a turn based JRPG
>No need for grinding because characters level up super quick
>There are random battles but the pacing of each battle is super fast so that will never really be a huge issue
>Also you can bribe stronger enemies to let you go and LET WEAKER ENEMIES GO so no time wasted on that shit
>the 2d sprites holds up great
>There are some customization (tons of party members and magic equipment system to mix and match)
>Strategy battles/war and one on one fights that plays a bit differently than the normal battles to give some variation
>Story isn't about killing god or ancient evil, just a simple war between two nations. There are some magical shit but it's not that much

Attached: Suikoden-II-Screenshot-6.jpg (600x450, 92K)

I'm telling you why I didn't get into the game and you're trying to explain how an OPINION is objectively wrong, moron. I'm not giving you shit for enjoying the game, mongoloid, because when you're not an autistic retard it's not difficult to wrap your head around people enjoying things that you don't enjoy.

Supreme Commander: FA

Not in gameplay that's fore sure.

I think it just shows what nice big sprites can do for a game. Also, Suikoden series never really adapted well to 3D until 5.

Attached: s1-5-SCREEN.jpg (3200x1556, 1.66M)

Attached: 1335647823999.png (614x455, 296K)

>>Strategy battles/war and one on one fights that plays a bit differently than the normal battles to give some variation
Those were by far the worst part of 2, in 1 they were brainless but at least they weren't a boring,. RNG-riddled waste of time.

You've got me intriguied. How's the story? Character interactions?

What do you think is wrong with the gameplay?

I couldn't get the resolution for Stalker to work properly as when i played it the first time but had to reformat my pc due to technical issues. When i reinstalled,my resolution felt like i was a literal dwarf.Anyone know how to fix it?

Anyway my best time with Stalker was when you get to the military base and have to retrieve the documents only to find out it was a trap and you get surrounded by military. I BARELY had any ammo left and had to use the shitty pistol that you get from the start of the game.Somehow i managed to KILL everyone and make it out the base with just the shitty pistol. Probably one of my best moments ive had in gaming. I was close to bleeding out so many times in that base but somehow i managed to survive.It was incredible.

these

Attached: 220px-Grand_Theft_Auto_V.png (220x270, 113K)

Attached: 1552348879681[1].png (314x409, 340K)

Aside from how incredibly slow it is? Trance is about as terribly implemented as it gets, there's nothing quite as terrible or pointless in the rest of the series.

Turn off display scaling on your vid card?

It's just as slow as any other turn based JRPG

No, not even close, they actually take on forever from the moment you find an enemy to finishing the battle, everything, from the start of the battle to the animations themselves is extremely slow for no reason.
Compare it to say, VII, and there's a stark difference in speed.

I dunno man - I'm not some huge JRPG fan but the combat doesn't seem any slower than any other classic style JRPG game; at least not by a noticeable amount.

Motherfucking Space Harrier.

>Pick up and play
>Blue skies
>Great soundtrack
>FUN
>Positive reinforcment

It came out in 1985 and it still feels ahead of its time in many respects. A timeless classic if there ever was.

Attached: Space_Harrier_Title.png (320x224, 19K)

Based. What's your favourite town? Gonna go play a scenario now since you reminded me I have it on this PC, so you can pick the town I play as

I thought 3 had a great atmosphere and captured that Suikoden feeling more than the later sequels. For the first 3/4 of the game at least. The last 1/4 went off the rails. But in terms of gameplay, yeah it didn't age well at all.
Never really had much problem with those, maybe except the last few battles, but I understand what you mean. I just thought it's cool enough for them to give some gameplay variations but I gotta admit it's not universally liked by everyone.
>Story
Just like I mentioned, it's just a war between two nations. You started as a lowly soldier, but through twists and turns later become the leader of an army. The story is basically you're trying to unite the other nations and fight the invading empire. There are some magic stuff, monsters, shit like chosen one and like that, but it never went overboard. You never fight the creator or god or anything like that.
>Character interactions
You can recruit 108 characters for your castle. Not everybody is playable, some are cooks, some are singers and musicians, but all plays a role. Like if you recruit a fisherman, you can go fishing with him to get some money and rewards. Uniting the music band will give you a sound test menu basically. The Cook will let you enter a cooking contest. The characters and interactions are fun overall.

Attached: cooking contest.jpg (480x360, 24K)

Fantastic if you install complete overhaul mods.

This shit right here

Attached: 6131CQFK05L._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 46K)

I unironically like to play as all of them, even Tower, but I think Stronghold has to be my absolute favorite.

>Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Mah nigga. One of the greatest games ever made.

Thats normal for Yu Suzuki games

Graphics and gameplay wise

Attached: medieval-europe.jpg (1600x900, 538K)

Yeah. Sad he doesn't really get the recognition he deserves. More important to gaming than Miyamoto imo.

Gobbos it is. I quite like tower too, having 3 shooters is nice, even if it is super expensive. I've not played stronghold or fortress as much as the others so it'll be a good opportunity to learn

Mine's Necropolis, it gave me my love of necromancy in other games. It's pretty rare a game lets you have a bunch of skeleton minions.

Motherfucking 10/10 and co-op was god tier.
I remember trying to mug the flash dealer with my brother and getting us both shanked.

As a kid this shit looked like real life

Attached: 397[1].gif (320x240, 13K)

great post made by great gentleman

my niggas

The Adventures of Sir Kicksalot

Attached: 153154-dark-messiah-might-and-magic-windows-front-cover[1].jpg (800x1144, 173K)

Funny enough, I actually don't like playing Necropolis that much, they're just a little too strong. Fine for mirror matches or against Conflux though.

Is there any mods recommended for the EE of Baldur's Gate?

X-Com 1

The one true ayy lmao removal simulator.

Yeah, they're pretty OP. I got into it when I was about 9 and I wasn't very good. I think I went around buying every non-undead troop possible and throwing them into the skeleton transformer.

Yeah, not sure why they thought conflux needed twice as many T7s as everyone else. Or their grail giving you every spell, as opposed to castle's giving you 2 luck or deity of fire giving you +15 imps

my theory is they didn't think people would like the reused assets but they didn't have much time after scrapping forge after people complained, so they had to make it good in order to make people feel like they got their money's worth

I replay it yearly.

Attached: 34545345345445.jpg (985x1380, 221K)

Vanilla RE 1 still holds up. I replayed all scenarios last month and it was better than 90% of modern gaming experiences.

Attached: D2315A3B-4B5E-46AD-8EBD-C98E40065304.jpg (1024x588, 51K)

Attached: gothic 2.png (306x400, 237K)

Maximum comfy.

Attached: siedler2.jpg (640x340, 99K)

Fuck off Todd

Prostagma?

Attached: 220px-Age_of_Mythology_Liner.jpg (220x342, 27K)

I love that game.

I really don't know, it's almost hilariously overpowered. They could have at least increased the cost of the units or buildings.

>san andreas
Boring over-rated zoomer shit with piss poor writing

>2004 game
>zoomer shit

Lmao only a literal zoomer could be this retarded

3 was better

original mirrors edge still looks amazing

Attached: mirrors-edge_00379000.jpg (1922x1080, 1.48M)

Just wait for that one autist who keeps shitting on ME every time it's mentioned

>but the lighting was pre-baked!
>it didn't really look good, it just faked looking good!
>it doesn't count!

was gonna post this

Attached: 1481493504464.jpg (1920x1080, 2.45M)

>its old therefore its not a zoomer game
Everyone who played it who played the original games thought it was garbage. It was literally only children who thought it was good

>It was literally only children who thought it was good

That's where you're wrong, you ultra autismo

how are you surprised? you seem retarded

My companions of sub-saharan origin! It even holds up to VR really well considering how old the game is. Most X360-era games look like shit when ported to VR, mostly due to atrocious textures. Mirror's Edge look passable and even rather good at times even today. Shame the reboot sharted on level design, color design, gameplay elements, performance and it didn't even improve the story even though first one didn't practically have a story. No Mirror's Edge 3 either since the second one flopped so hard.

Todd, pls

Master of Orion 2.

Pretty much every space 4x has followed its model and imo none have really surpassed it. Graphics are still very charming and clean looking.

thats not how I remember Stronghold

Ok child. go play le whacky nigger game

This and Back to Nature are still among the best in the series.

Attached: 1281497035929.gif (300x225, 45K)

Didn't you hear, we have a containment board for you autists

Attached: 0cc.gif (264x242, 3.23M)

>literally

Only children misuse this word.

one of the few games where you can just pick a random spot and turn it into a wallpaper

Attached: Mirrors_Edge-1080p-Wallpaper-76-CHAPTER-8-interiors.jpg (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Yeah the elementals are around the same power level, around T4 which means they get 3 OP ones and underpowered magma dudes. Hardly fair.

It's actually cheaper to buy all the units than most other towns, though HoTA does make it a bit more expensive

A man of wisdom and culture i see. Also fuck the Antarans and this dumb space dragon

God I fucking love how that game looks.

I might reinstall it.

Do it. The flow and sense of speed still hold up.

>Dedicated Mirror's Edge wallpaper folder
>1.4GB

CONQUER THE WORLD

I just came

So, why aren't you uploading that folder right now?

are there any other games with this kind of aesthetic

Attached: Mirrors_Edge-1080p-Wallpaper-45-INTERIOR-DESIGN.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

Attached: MI 3.jpg (640x480, 58K)

I think I still have my post about how I thought my wallpaper was a real place from japan and not screenshotted from ME, somewhere in fireden

Attached: NOX.jpg (205x246, 13K)

I played the FUCK out of this when it came out.
They don't make games like this anymore.

Attached: 1508129916973.jpg (850x850, 264K)

Attached: Sands of Time.jpg (640x908, 99K)

Not him but It's objectively a lot slower compared to earlier and future entries. Long battle intro, slow ass animations. Tried to be a bit too cinematic I guess.

I think OG Windwaker still looks amazing the artstyle makes it age like wine.

Playing this after playing the more modern games feels like I'm rushing everything, the days tick by so fast and you barely have time to talk to any of the villagers after watering your crops.

Is back to nature any better in this regard?

I still play it sometimes! It is an insanely good game!
It is a pity that there is not a bigger NOX comunitty left. only a handful of people. some of them still have a server online for multiplayer games.

Attached: wario land.jpg (256x259, 30K)

Easy

Attached: ss_12036337fe569dee7853cdd275808b49c0f7339d.1920x1080.jpg (1024x768, 454K)

Attached: 1531509720063.jpg (796x419, 66K)

>prince of Persia
>Beyond good and evil
>Rayman 3
All in the same year, unironically what happened to ubisoft?

>Warrio Land
My absolute nigger.

It’s certainly aged better than Oblivion and it’s potato people

This game is fucking incredibe

Same thing that happened to EA.
Corporate and capitalist cuckery.
Greed replaced passion. Same shit has happened in Hollywood and the music industry.

Attached: consider.jpg (569x428, 25K)

vagrant story still looks amazing for a ps1 game. It's mostly because of its pre-baked lighting and good art design

Attached: psxfin-2013-10-28-09-a5d5i.png (640x480, 54K)

>Greed replaced passion

If it's greed, why are they infesting their games with SJW bullshit that makes games flop?

why is this game so painfully slow?

Wind Waker. Graphics age, artstyle is eternal.

To this day I'm still not sure how they did the backlighting effect on characters in cutscenes, that was some technical fucking wizadry for the time

Attached: 2.jpg (600x448, 55K)

AoM definitely aged better than AoE 1.

Attached: nostalgic nigger here.jpg (1280x720, 52K)

Visually, it aged better than games much newer than it, like Red Dead Redemption 1.

Because their research and marketing teams are retarded.
They think pandering to "special needs" groups (broadening your target audience) sells their game better so they invest all their shit into appeasing SJW's and marketing instead of investing into developing the game since that takes actual time and effort which they don't want to commit to when it's easier to just say your game is "politically correct" and market it as such.
This works to some extent as big IP's that turned out shit still sold a few million each.
People are starting to wake up to the bullshit though.
Also gayman journalists that are getting paid off to brainwash the public and give shitty vidya good scores because of diversity points is also a big issue, especially in the states.
It's not about the game itself anymore but everything around it.

>12 fucking years
>mfw

Attached: 264400C3-8696-4B4A-9682-517D7DA112CC.jpg (700x466, 169K)

Attached: 1553439313630.gif (500x485, 1.6M)

Graphics of Yoshi's Island look excellent today, even if it controls like ass.

Attached: 27064-super-mario-world-2-yoshi-s-island-snes-screenshot-yoshi-can.jpg (640x480, 46K)

cartoony looks never get old
just like Monkey Island 3

nigga theyve been terrible long before sjws were a thing

Still doesn't answer my question though

Attached: Dark Cloud.jpg (265x375, 26K)

Attached: Mirrors edge.jpg (3840x2160, 1.47M)

Attached: dk2.jpg (263x192, 24K)

Attached: Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne.jpg (600x800, 176K)

Still have the demo disc that this game was on, building up the village was top comfy

yeah dude! I still remember me as a child trying to get as far as I could on the Demo Disc. I was so fucking happy to get the Game

Attached: vice city.jpg (256x325, 71K)

Sonic CD

Attached: 2018-06-11_00h51_52.png (820x454, 249K)

They're great, way better than cover based modern shooters.

it was not made for ADHD "Press X for kool!!" zoomers.

There's a mod that gets rid of all the downtime you experience in battles.
Speeds up pre-battle camera swirl, disables painfully long camera swings, gives more fps during battles which results in faster animations.
There's even a mod that enables true turn-based combat without the need to wait until your bar fills up.

Hell, there's even a mod that turns the backgrounds of the game to true widescreen pictures.
steamcommunity.com/app/377840/discussions/0/1741105805743188237/

what game

it never held up

>STALKER
>when nearly everyone agrees that you need mods to play the games now
Ok then retard

MP2 also threw in escort missions for some god awful reason

Also XIII.
Damn, what a great year for ubisoft.