Puzzle game gets a sequel

>puzzle game gets a sequel
>puzzles become even more complicated

Attached: hydrodynamics.png (700x300, 36K)

b is correct because portals do break all laws of hydrodynamics.

i hope b is correct because it'd be great water fountains

How could a ever be correct? This isn't even the slightest but ambiguous like the original version

>story based game gets a sequel
>story is even worse

Attached: FB_IMG_15531016351446133.jpg (712x856, 378K)

part 5 is miles better than part 4 though

>The logic is the same as the last image and B is still correct
>Afags will say B is correct this time but stick with A in the last scenario because they're fucking brainlets
It actually torments my soul that they can't be cured

Attached: 1521656505387.jpg (842x944, 111K)

The water is being pulled down by gravity into the portal, it would have enough inertia to be able to brake past the surface of the blue portal and flow.

Attached: 0df.png (850x795, 157K)

>brake

A is correct. The moment any amount of water comes up all the way through the blue portal, it adheres to the new gravity and due to water tension and the cohesive properties of water, creates a reverse meniscus (there's a better term for that I think) just above portal that isn't enough to spill out of the sides of the platform. You're essentially left with a water-portal like in the Aquaman movie when she displaced the water.

Now if something were to force more water into the orange portal that overcame the gravity acting on the water coming out of the blue portal, you'd end up with B.

>Figure out how to break the laws of the universe
>Use it to make decorative water features
I like your thinking.

>sequel's DLC brings back levels from the original game

Attached: 1493057455440.png (545x353, 81K)

>Now if something were to force more water into the orange portal that overcame the gravity acting on the water coming out of the blue portal, you'd end up with B.
Do you know how much mass water exponentially builds with every ounce that rests in one place? Do you know what happens if you open a gateway under all that water? The orange portal could be no deeper than the deep end of a swimming pool and the water would still attempt to rush out with such force that the answer is undeniably B. Retard.

gravity is not the only force action on the water at the orange portal's location, there's also the weight of the rest of the water pushing it through
c: depends on how fast the portal is moving

B if the platform is lowered really fast, a if it is very slow

fucking momentum, how does it work?

That's stupid. The water would flow out of the portal before the platform starts moving.

A is correct. This would work like moon pool or a diving bell, and the air pressure would be to great to allow for the water to pour in.

>air pressure is greater than water pressure

Attached: 1548840293203.png (331x352, 211K)

Do portals consume energy? Do they expire?
B is free energy otherwise

Have you seriously not played Portal before?

Attached: summer.jpg (478x328, 26K)

>you playing Zachtronics game

Attached: 25l1xz5z.png (332x300, 311K)

after some consideration, I've reconsidered my theory on this situation. But I will say there's a hypothetical point at which the orange portal would be too shallow in relation to the body of water and there wouldn't be enough water moving in to spill past the platform holding the blue portal.
Contrariwise, if the orange portal were at the sea floor and the blue portal above the surface in a similar manner relatively, the water would shoot out like a water cannon instead of merely spinning due to the water pressure.

tl;dr results vary by depth of orange portal