Does it do ANYTHING right?

Does it do ANYTHING right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16817/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It is fun, i just only miss not be able to conquer territories for my faction

Lots of weapons?

Power armor exoskeletons.

Power armor and shooting but that's about it. It's shit

Dividing Power Armor out of regular armor mechanics was an inspired choice that in theory operates really well.

Power Cells on the other hand make power armor use either trivially easy or comically difficult, depending on whether or not you're swimming in the damn things.

shooting, power armor, verticality and general world design

far harbor is also pretty solid overall. makes sense cuz it's copied after a usermade mod :^)

No in the first 15 or so minutes you are handed power armor and then fight a death claw while you are meant to be looking for your infant son who is now aged much further that you cause cryo freeze

pretty much, depending on your level/perks you can go from barely finding any to finding refills in trash cans.

they should have made them MUCH racer but last MUCH longer, as in, at least 20 times longer

>Gunplay is good
>Has a great post apocalyptic look and atmosphere
>Companions are all great, nice new mechanics allowing control of companions including the ability to use their non-combat skills like hacking and lockpicking.
>Settlments fit nicely into Fallouts theme of rebuilding society
>Reworked Power Armor is more balanced, the layered system to armor allowing more freedom to have some protection while also using stuff that grants other bonuses
>Reworked SPECIAL is a lot more balanced, there are no dump stats.
Keep in mind though the list of things it did wrong is much longer.

still better than fallout 3 desu

I also feel like there should be distinct disadvantages to using power armour, the fact that u can sneak at all is stupid. They really don’t know anything about build variety because literally any way u play you should be using power armour.

Attached: 1539245673085.png (1174x1878, 294K)

power armor fucks up your FoV big time. also past a certain level you might as well not use it anyway

According to previous games' lore the Fusion Battery Cell will power the armor for two hundred years, now they produce power for 5 minutes
Then again it's pretty damn clear bethesda don't care about lore or continuity

Not really, I can't understand the love for it at all, but there again I can't really explain my dislike for it. The game looks like it should be fun for me on paper, but in reality I just cba with it.
First attempt through the game I got to the Brotherhood of Steel where I was flying in the ship gunning the shit out of people on the floor.
Second playthrough I think I got to that merc who kills your wife and then couldn't be bothered.
Third playthrough I didn't even get to the Minutemen.
Maybe it's the immersion breaking bugs
Maybe it's the settlement mechanic looks like it was shit out in about 3 months with no quality control / checks
Maybe it's the bad story and lack of likeable characters.
Maybe it's the interior of the buildings is poorly designed and I felt I could be running around in circles for ages because there was one doorway or entrance that I couldn't find. The local map doesn't help matters either.

You would literally have to start the game by finding a one use solution to the fallout and instantly restoring society then play the rest of the game working a 9 to 5 job to be worse than 3

for pure gameplay balance they can't make them last that long obv so they'd need to find a reason like them being depleted already
sorry but no. 3 did nothing right, at least this time around the shooting is fun and there's no annoying rubble re-routing me through copy pasted sewers in the ONLY INTERESTING LOCATION in the whole game

Art direction

Boston looks good, especially the skyscraper designs

oh nvm I didn't read your post properly. stupid me and cheeky user

exploring boston with a jet pack is pretty cool even though you can't find anything interesting for the most part

3s main story is shitawful at least in Fo4 you aren't forced to side with anyone like 3s BoS

power armors are not fun or cool

>lack of likeable characters.
it's probably the first bethesda game since oblivion with likeable characters

How about not being able to go through some places like tight corridors or smal holes?
I know it would be annoying but also cool

>How about not being able to go through some places like tight corridors or smal holes?
well, that's a common technique in games; "here's a powerful medium of war/transportation, but it also has size/fuel/other limitations, so you need to dismount to do this quest/area". a lot of games did it.

Too bad there's nothing about raiders in Nuka-cola themepark

I like the gameplay loop. It's a bit of a looter shooter.

the original score and licensed music is great.
curie is ultra cute.

people say the shooting but thats not true, its the same bethshit where the only good option is to be a stealth archer to one-shot everyone, unless you like walking backwards in a circle.

same. wish the loot was more varied tho
>tfw 180 hours in and still not explosive minigun
might as well just cheat with the mod that lets you transfer legendaries

Stealth was kinda fun with that pistol from the railroad

Armors and gunplay went in better direction, but compared to any other fps it's meh.

>power armors are not fun or cool

Jumping off really tall things in power armor is cool.

>Does it do ANYTHING right?
Base building

Attached: 1467156512908.jpg (1920x1200, 673K)

No, 4s story is way worse. At least 3 gave you some minor freedom to roleplay. 3 railroads you into joining the brotherhood but at least it does it in a better way than 4. The Enclave and Super Mutants were generic bad guys that would you attack you for no reason so you have some motivation for not liking them at least. In 4 if you don't care about Shaun or the synths (and the game never gives you a reason to care) then you aren't going to be invested in what's happening at all and it just ends up being so boring most people don't even bother with it.
Also the factions in 4 suck dick, joining them barely changes anything except for the flag that pops up over Diamond City or whatever it was called at the end. The Brotherhood in 3 sucked dick too but at least they tried to make you care about them by giving them character. Meanwhile the brotherhood was so lame in 4 that I can't remember the name of a single one of their npcs.

the crafting mechanics are kinda fun and give a reason for clutter to exist beyond just decorative purposes

No , it's so bad it's almost impressive. It's the video game version of the room

factions in 4 impact your gameplay tho. like if you finish the game with the institute you can instantly teleport instead of using fast travel which can come in handy if you don't want to advance the in-game time. same if you finish friendly with the BoS for the helicopter support. bonus points if you play on survival

the stories in both games are retarded tbqh, and no way the goody 2 shoes BoS in 3 are better than in 4, which as poorly executed as they are, at least are not super boring shining knights in power armor

>framrate is somehoe tied into the physics
>more frames per second = faster physics
this happened TWICE
and the second time was in a multiplayer game
how?

>this happened TWICE
because bethesda had no reason to push the game passed 60 frames, and the only time it mattered was in 76

I thought about bringing those perks up but the game was so piss easy that I never felt the need to take advantage of those minor goodies. I remember the Brotherhood giving vertibirds and I think the Railroad giving artillery or something but the game had already dumped power armor, dozens of fusion cores and ridiculously powerful weapons on me by that point so it all felt pointless. I guess the teleport is useful.

You can build all that? Holy shiet

Modding Fallout 4 is easier than any previous BGS game

AHEM

Attached: fallout 4 assault rifle.jpg (474x197, 9K)

yeah okay that is actually cool

>Modding Fallout 4 is more expensive than any previous BGS game
ftfy

The similarities this game has with Mass Effect: Andromeda are astounding.

No clue why they thought a WW1 machine gun with a water jacket was a good idea for a weapon in fallout 4.

Ugh. They were developing this game since 2011 and still released it unfinished. In the artbook it was called "machine gun" and you could find chinese rifle from fallout 3 as assault rifle but they couldn't even finish that until deadline.

>he didn't pirate the creations
I bet you also don't know you can pirate dlcs to BGS as well

Attached: Disgusted cartoon mouse.jpg (255x220, 7K)

It doesn't even have that
No, that was done in the creation kit and the guy who did it said it was unplayable. Trying to enter that cell just crashed the game.

SEX MODSgonna bust a nut fucking Cait out

Attached: 1553185372707.jpg (493x676, 23K)

Bause it looks 'cool' and 'old' for normies

They ruined the power armor because they didn't respect the lore around it.

Man that's a sexy bottle

How? Isn't it exactly the same?

The weapon animations are kinda good.

Because they don't really know the function of the water jacket and it first into the "muh retro futurism" theme

The power armor being treated like a powered mech suit and not just another visual change/stat upgrade. That being said, having to go scavenge fusion cores made it a pain in the ass if you wanted to use it for any extended period even with the perks that made them last longer

the gunplay is kinda nice. its not an RPG, its a shooter with “class” choices and micromanagement.
and i enjoyed every hour i put into it

It's still shit because the protagonist somehow magically knows how to use it the first time he/she gets into one and it's supposed to require intense training according to the lore.

>Does it do ANYTHING right?
They finally got a minigun design that looks good.

Attached: 17941-3-1472750294.jpg (2560x1080, 407K)

Yeah it does. And I can't really explain it though. I know this game is not actually that good, yet I spent hundreds of hours in it, and enjoyed myself with it.

>Got the urge to replay again
>Think about all the mods I need to install
>Too lazy and put it off again
Maybe another day.

The game only somewhat makes sense if you play as the guy. He was a war hero and you can easily fill in the blanks and just assume he had power armor training.

Attached: fallout_4_war__war_never_changes_by_spartan22294-dbduu8c.png (1024x576, 850K)

>make aesthetic as fuck G3 battle rifle canon US army rifle
>retcon it because fuck you
But this is Bethesda, people, who created COMBAT SHOTGUN.

True but it all falls apart if you play as the woman. Unless you assume that her husband explained how power armor is used, which is a giant stretch

>Batteries
How the fuck does the Brotherhood function with how little energy these things provide?

could you imagine the asshurt if male and female characters had different stats?
>female has a higher base level charisma/stealth at the start, cant use PA and needs training
>male can easily start off in PA, has a higher base level in small / energy guns, cant just have sex with people to get what they want

All of them have Nuclear Physicist Rank 3. Makes a single battery last several real time hours.

The default male character has a really juicy ass?

Fun fact: Nora was originally going to be a military vet as well. There are even cut dialogue options for it.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16817/

>Dividing Power Armor out of regular armor mechanics was an inspired choice that in theory operates really well.
It makes power armor clumsy to the point of tedium.

based gay poster

Not really, beyond the stupid terminals that require getting out to use them. I literally spend more time in PA than out of it.

little

Attached: Fallout4 2018-09-11 00-30-56-92.jpg (2560x1440, 205K)

People do tedious bullshit all the time.

It still baffles me that they thought a fixed backstory and a voiced MC were good ideas. But I guess you have to appeal to the mainstream audience. Most dialogue options don’t even represent what your character will actually say when you pick them, it’s so stupid.

The weapon and armor modding are great first steps into what are going to become staples in the fallout and tes series (and any other gamebryo based bethesda game).

I did like the new power armor system and the shooting feels a lot better than 3/NV, but it's a dumpster fire in all other domains.

Attached: 1525916412609.png (803x581, 39K)

How is it tedious? Explain or stop being a faggot.

>Same mobility
>Heavy weapons don't impede your movement speed, actually making them less clunky for PA users
>Chems don't play animations in PA, making them less clunky
>Can't be staggered by anything beyond the hardest hits from Deathclaws and Behemoths, which is less clunky as an experience
>But oh no sometimes I have to get out to use a terminal, or repair it once

Literally everything about it feels bad. Sorry you're finding this so difficult.

Excellent argument.

Wow nice objective points, you fucking smooth brain. I listed three actual points into why it's less clunky and you couldn't even bring up one.

I enjoyed the fact that fallout 4 allowed to play a brotherhood guy who just had no emotions, I chose to do this halfway through my first play-through partially because the synth bullshit is the only thing the game seemed to care about.
>"The synths are alive and sentient just like us, you can't kill them!"
>"Don't care"
>BLAM
>Railroad story over
>"The institute is the last hope for humanity, all we do is for the good of the human race!"
>"Don't care dad"
>BLAM
>"A settlement is under attack, you have to help them!"
>"Don't care preston"
>Essential off
>BLAM
Theres a point where in a plot so many people try to tell you how you should feel that it just makes me want to get a gatling laser and burn them all.

Attached: fuckit.png (1005x831, 1.37M)

You don't need training for power armor. It was added in fallout 3 for balance purpose.

Looking at this pic it appears to be live action right, unless its edited that means someone out there has the only not meh looking fallout 4 power armor costume.

Are you high? Power armors was one of the things this game did great. They feel like actual tanks, and they look sturdy as fuck, which is a big step up from Fallout 3 and New Vegas, which looks like goofy garbage armor in comparison.

The lore is fucking retarded in that aspect. "Power Armor Training" is a poorly conceived plot device used in other Fallout games to put a barrier on your access to power armor. The idea that wearing a suit of armor would require intense knowledge is moronic, as if you don't know how to walk and move your arms...

>You can build all that? Holy shiet
Nope
The models lack proper lods and culling
Since the engine is so shit and teh devs so retarded it tanks the frame rate or crashes
Carmack figured out working culling and lods back in quake 1 era in 1996, yet here we are 20 years later and Bethesda considers it some lost knowledge from an ancient time