What's the last game you TRULY enjoyed and not just play it because it was popular and new?

What's the last game you TRULY enjoyed and not just play it because it was popular and new?

Pic unrelated.

Attached: Chie.png (594x833, 626K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/303210/The_Beginners_Guide/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

REmake 2. One thing I need to stop doing is letting myself get caught up in the hype for games that spergs on her get all in a tizzy over. Smash Bros Ultimate and DMC5 are two recent examples. I got bored really quick with those two.

well you should always truly enjoy a game, if you know your tastes well enough. I guess it's RE2 for me.

This year so far gave me AC 7, DMC V and SRW T. Best consecutive months of vidya in a while.

>RE2
Is it really that good?

Aria of Sorrow. Literally played because I was looking for GBA games to emulate and picked it out because it sounded cool and I haven't played many Castlevania games. It was a blast and after playing SotN I honestly like it more

with literally only a summary of what it was going to be about unironically undertale It had 100 steam reviews at the time and I didn't know how big it was going to get for something old and not popular I think Destroy all humans fits that mold? I literally never heard about it from anyone and it was 3 years past its release date

Blaster Master Zero 2? I mean, the Kanna spam is one thing but I genuinely enjoyed its predecessor so plant tiddies didn't actually matter to me. I also don't really give a shit about what's "popular and new" to begin with.

Troubleshooter, it's super refreshing to see a Korean game that isn't a shitty f2p mmo. It's got the korean/animesque styling but they don't act like bad anime archetypes, it's really interesting.

Helps the gameplay is just X-com but with Tactics dropped in a bit.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 82K)

Darkwood because it was the perfect blend of claustrophobia; surreal imagery and that sinking, creeping feeling of horrible, horrible dread

Attached: WHATDOTHEYWANT.jpg (830x535, 199K)

I really enjoyed the first, was caught off guard by the sequel but i'll play that soon.

I'm enjoying The Legend of Heros Trails of Cold Steel right now, it's not great but I do enjoy it.

Before that it was Breath of the Wild

The beginners guide from the guy behind Stanley's Parables.
store.steampowered.com/app/303210/The_Beginners_Guide/

like, most recently released game?
RE2make

f-zero x
it's fun

Attached: yes.jpg (465x698, 47K)

Tera Nove Strike Force Centauri
It's '96 tactical shooter
you and your max 3 person squad of power armors fight against space commies

it was developed by Looking Glass. Controls are bit shit due to lack of mouselook and top resolution is 320x40, but other than that it's fine game.

Attached: tera_nova.jpg (1680x655, 341K)

*320x400

My Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1 & 2 spree last month was fun.

REmake 2, DMC5 and now Sekiro

too bad the rest of the year is pretty bare

Literally every game I play is like that, because I'm not a hype-beast that gets excited for something just because other people are

Ace combat 7

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Played it a few months ago as I wasn't really playing singleplayer games when it initially released, but it was pretty great despite its problems.

Depends on how much you liked the first one, it also depends on how autistic you are. It's a fun game to speedrun or otherwise come up with challenges for.

If you're a game-hopper like most nu-gamers and are done after one playthrough then it's worth it but on sale.

I just picked up Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom and have been having an absolute blast with that.

ace combat 7, monster hunter world and hitman 2 at the moment. I am dying for a new fantasy rpg, but with bioware dead and bethesda pretty questionable I'm not very optimistic

YS VIII

I unironically enjoyed Apex for a while.

If only more people were like you.

Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass

I had some fun grinding in GTA Online last month.

Attached: Ace Combat 7.jpg (600x800, 71K)

Apex Legends, The Division 2 (I have shit tastes I know) and BoTW, but I bought and have been playing it since last month.

Unironically Apex Legends. Its nice to be rewarded for my quick thinking and great aim without gimmicks getting in the way. Used to be PUBG but that girl is old and busted.

Cultist Simulator.
The DLC is pretty expensive though.

DMC 5 after unlocking Dante. I absolutely hate playing V and Nero isn't anything to right home about imo

Ace Combat 7, game is pretty good

Is AC7 any fun for someone who has never played a single game in the series?

Dusk

Yes
You will just care less about the background of the story
Also if you ever play it do not under any circumstances pick the "novice" controls

it was the first time playing an ac game for me and I absolutely loved it. also the novice controls are very good for ground attack but terrible for dogfighting

Duskers. It's probably the best Alien game ever made.