Sekiro Criticism Thread

This is a genuine discussion on what we didn’t like about the game. No shitposting allowed.
>Every enemy is killed by a critical blow, got old by the 3rd hour
>Combat is challenging, but shallow
>Stealth leaves much to be desired. There’s no middle ground, enemies either see you 5 houses down, through several walls, under a bed, in lead sheets or they can’t notice their buddies getting sliced away, 2 inches away from them
>Bosses are a joyless grind

I’m still liking the game, but it’s definitly Miyazaki’s weakest work.

Attached: FBB38BB8-CCB8-48CC-89F5-D9BB9E0EC21F.jpg (255x383, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jsZlUFcQJKI
youtube.com/watch?v=FESJUA0_KR8
tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-update-ruins-gaming-performance,38761.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can agree that it is much less focused. However I dont think it was supposed to have similar staying power as the souls games, I think this was just miyazaki's break from the tedium.

I honestly felt like it was B teams work and A team are working on another masterpiece like Bloodborne. A nigga can deram.

Attached: 1507458190443.png (640x675, 354K)

deeper that souls combat you shitposter
>Stealth leaves much to be desired. There’s no middle ground, enemies either see you 5 houses down, through several walls, under a bed, in lead sheets or they can’t notice their buddies getting sliced away, 2 inches away from them
more completely false shitposting. the stealth operates entirely on line of sight. if you are behind the enemy or behind a wall they won't see you. and most retards are complaining about stealth kills alerting too many people, not that not enough people are alterted.

There is just no consistency with how you interact with the enemies. Jumping never feels "right" and is also a gamble where you're going to land or if you're going to airkick an enemy.

>deeper that souls combat you shitposter
lol no

I have no idea why people lost their minds over the announcement and release. It's good but not 90 metacritic good.

My biggest criticism thus far is the dogshit performance and massive frame dips in some parts but that's just FromSoft's general incompetence. I don't mind the critical blows honestly and you can kill trash mobs without deathblows if you want to but yeah it gets a bit old when by default every single enemy gets deathblow'd.
Bosses being a ''joyless grind'' I can't relate to. Figuring out how to take down Gyobu and then executing the strategy felt really good when I finally felled him. Even minibosses like the Chained Ogre and Samurai generals felt satisfying to take down.

Attached: DeEKSMGVQAAakFJ.jpg (638x1200, 152K)

Stealth is simple but consistent in my experience. Ranged dudes have huge LOS but the level design usually lets you ninja rope your way behind groups of enemies.

>People actually alert enemies when you have stealth skills AND tons of overpowered stealth candy

Like how Darks Souls 3 was another master piece by A team as well? When will you delusional fanboys just realize that Bloodborne was good because it was co-made by Sony and everything Miyazaki works on his own is pretty bad.

airkicking only happens if you press A again while in midair

Are you playing on a PS4 Pro? Regular ol PS4 is locked at 30FPS so it looks good, but the PS4 Pro can go up to 60FPS but since it hovers between 40 and 50 as well it makes the performance seem a lot jankier. Honestly going by the regular PS4 this game is their best optimized one yet.

>using items
literal ez mode

Enemy life bars refilling after exiting combat doesn't make very much sense in a stealth game. Game doesn't allow for much hit and run tactics. Which is kind of silly considering it's a game about ninjas and the levels are full of grapple points.

Threadly reminder!

metal wolf chaos=armored core>ninja blade>sekiro>shit>soulsborne

Only zoomers disagree

Attached: 1434297503619.jpg (1766x2048, 380K)

i think the combat is definitely the best out of all their games by far. the deflect system means you need to spend more time learning patterns and getting intimate with bosses and minibosses rather than just using your iframes to roll through every move an enemy does and spanking them in the ass with your claymore.

the stealth is a bit half baked (it's not terrible but it's not great either) and I do agree that the deathblows get a bit reptitive on regular mooks, especially when you are fighting a huge mob of them.

You can't cheese with magic so it's not deeper

>Enemies should not heal up if you fuck off
Removing half of the HP of the mini-boss and/or clearing the area of small fry before you fight is already the reward for stealth.

>archer sees me
>jump behind a wall and stay hidden while I run up closer
>they shoot at my exact location the entire time until they get bored or something
The AI is fucking retarded

This game's splitting opinions so hard. I personally find it a much more focused and challenging experience than souls games. Any souls game lets you grind, get better weapons or even reset your build and do something else iwth the right item to get past a hard boss. In this game, you just have to learn to fight the hard boss. The most you could do is get some tiny upgrades by taking other routes. Feels a lot more skill-based than RPG-souls

How's the exploring? I haven't played a Souls game in a while but the setting looked interesting. I just wanna know if I'll get to loot and explore shit alot or if its more combat focused.

shit opinion. this is to prevent stealth cheese. you have to actually engage in the combat in this game. every encounter is designed so that you can open with stealth and then continue with face to face combat, or in some cases the stealth option is removed. you should almost never be running away and waiting for aggro to go away.

Not him but what the fuck? People play this on console? LMAO

>mfw 60+fps at max settings on gayman rig I built 4 years ago
>controller too

You dumbass

For me the biggest problem is the lack of interesting item pickups. It sucks playing for 30+ hours and still finding ceramic shards, sugars and salt.

Maps are huge with lots of verticality and hidden stuff.

Don't you have some more Epic Store threads to shit up with your whining?

Not much loot to find. Just random items that may or may not help you.
But as far as exploring goes it's really thrilling.
Especially when you're not sure if you could climb down this mountain or not, then you try, then go into this cave and then find this headless swordsman waiting for you.
Fucking scared me

t.crying shieldfag/crying 2handed strfag

Dark Souls 3 was great. 2 was literally the only game that was poor.

>Game establishes that all enemy sweep attacks will come in the form of a red strike, and that if you jump over them you can follow up with a kick to the head for posture damage
>Every enemy follows this rule
>Get to Corrupted Monk
>Jump over his sweep
>Go to kick him in the head
>He dodges it, then hits me for a follow up attack for like 80% of my health
>Also has a sweep attack that DOESNT have a red warning
cool

This. The game isn't meant to be played like Splinter Cell or something where you stealthily assassinate the whole map -- it's really just there to even out the odds so you don't have to fight two elite dudes at the same time and get your asshole penetrated.

nope, I bought metro off of the epic store and just uninstalled the launcher after i beat it. fuck your drama

>Dark Souls 3 was great.

Attached: 1553301555178.jpg (480x640, 12K)

I find the setting boring. Sengoku Japan just doesn't do it for me.
The game's atmosphere is not quite there either.
There are no weapons or armor to find. What you see is what you get. No char customization. Exploration isn't as rewarding because you'll just find more sugar and ceramic shards.
Zero online means zero invasions which means less longevity and replayability.

Combat is intwresting I suppose but I feel like I still prefer the more deliberate and slower gameplay of Souls.

All in all Sekiro just doesn't really do it for me. It's like Tenchu meets Souls with a half-assed stealth aspect to it. To each his own but personally I hope the next game is more like DS/BB again.

Attached: e45a928b85d71d1ffe10c781cef9f72b.jpg (954x1696, 164K)

Regular ps4. Generally the game is okay but in the Juzou fight example when you go towards the area where he is at, there's a literal freeze when you grapple to the first roof. Very nasty.

>stealth cheese
I gotta say the other dude has a point since they made a somewhat of a deal about Sekiro's stelf mechanics so why then cripple it with bs like that? It's not a huge deal but the stealth is kinda meh as a result.

Attached: 1551958457097.jpg (819x1024, 136K)

You can find extra estus/extra mini boss currency to buff your hp.
Also there is some hidden things to your arm.
Exploring is fun.

Attached: 1547313264965.jpg (1024x742, 139K)

Stealth is broken garbage that shouldn't be in the game in its current form. Nearly every encounter can be turned into a complete joke with stealth, theres absolutely nothing that stops the player from abusing it. The game is too long, having a huge open world filled with the same enemy types, braindead exploration and rehashed minibosses might be fine for an RPG since the fans love their shitty padding but its crappy in an action game

dark souls 3 was just a poormans bloodborne

>ninja blade
isn't this that ninja gaiden rip off on xbox?

Bro Darksouls 3 was not great. The combat was fucking retarded. All you had to do, was to spam rolls, you were completely invisible. All I wanted was Sekiro's parry/block mechanic in darksouls and call it Darksouls 4 Arses Return.

Attached: 1492883688543.png (657x527, 51K)

Dragonrot is a dumb mechanic that forces me to cheese the game to get good endings. The cheese makes the game unfun to play.

DS>>BB>>>>>DS3>DeS>>>>>>>DS2>>>>Sekiro

As someone who hasn't played it but want to, I've been watching a bunch of videos of it, and can anyone tell me if it plays as tediously as it is to watch? Because it looks really fucking tedious to play most of the time, especially fighting the bosses

Attached: 1551115233349.png (128x128, 31K)

Lmao

same on high wit a fx6300(barely better than an atari) + gtx 970

How exactly does deflecting work against moves with multiple quick strikes? I cant tell if I’m supposed to press and hold to deflect multiple strikes or if I have to press deflect for each strike. Also how do you beat the purple ninja, hes a motherfucker.

It's tedious and inconsistent if you're bad.
Once you learn how to fight you'll be parrying bosses like a madman. The game rewards aggression in spades.

>deeper that souls combat you shitposter

is that saying much though

Only reason I haven't bought it is almost no replayability.

It's just less fun to play than any Soulsborne.
Dodge is now shit and parry is king.

Not bad. My card is pretty much the same, r9 390. Cpu is i5 4590. Which is surprisingly strong
Fuck off weeb

Theres a difference between featuring a mechanic and making that mechanic break all logic of the game.

press it for each strike. theres literally a tutorial for this.

also purple guy is beaten like any other enemy that means anything. attack, watch, and counter. if you are about to die just jump back down the well (fall damage can never kill you) and homeward idol back to the bonfire. then just run back to try again.

I really dislike the bosses, I think the bosses need like half the hp because it gets pretty fucking tedious.

Hold down L1 to block. Tap L1 just as you are about to be hit. You have to tap for every strike. It'll have a different sound effect compared to normal blocking. Practice with the immortal soldier guy at the temple.

its a pve game. it can't get much deeper than just testing your reactions and problem solving.

>The game rewards aggression in spades
Like Bloodborne?

I got the exact same freeze on that first rooftop. Definitely sticks out. Hoping it doesn’t happen again. I just beat genichiro so not that far.

There's these extremely annoying moments in this game which I assume are tied to posture where if you get hit by a strong enough attack wolf will stagger back and you either need to roll or block to gain back your footing and if you don't he does nothing until you input one of those commands. That shit infuriates me to no end. You either block and it does a 2 second long guard recovery animation where Wolf literally cannot do anything, and if you want to dodge you have to wait until he falls on the floor so he can ukemi.

There's zero excuse to ever take control away from the player so hard in an action game.

Be aggressive as fuck. They go down much faster than if you try to play it like dark souls hit and run.

>complaining about anime reaction images on Yea Forums
Cringe

>hating sengoku
yikes

Attached: dišdain_for_the_mentally_retarded.jpg (1024x923, 162K)

fuck off weeb

Even more than bloodborne because there's no stamina and you can stay in front of the boss's face and deflect, jumpkick, mekiri counter his shit in.

dragonrot literally has no effect on the endings of the game and you were just getting memed on by Yea Forums

the three main endings are a direct result of your in-game choices and the true ending involves a bunch of sidequests like Bloodborne

> theres absolutely nothing that stops the player from abusing it
It's a singleplayer game. It's literally lying to himself tier if you just cheat in singleplayer game since you're not good enough and you don't want to git gud.

Attached: 1541858189638.png (253x307, 72K)

Abusing items/prosthetics really helps shorten the fights. For example if a boss ever even so much as thinks of leaping off the ground make sure to kunai a bitch.

This is an American website. We are speaking American. Go live in weebland if you want anime. Stupid weeb. You're lucky we aren't in highschool, I would give you a wedgie and make you slurp my asshole.

ive never played hit and run in darksouls once. You just live inside of the enemies anus for the entire fight and dodge every strike with I frames.

Meh. Too many Jap castles with some snoy mountain backdrop. Wooden pagodas, sky lanterns, a shitton of humanoid enemies, female yukata boss, onis. It's just boring.

thats just what happens when you get hit by a big hit. has nothing to do with posture unless you're dumb enough to let your posture bar fill all the way up.

seething weebling
seethe weeb

Hit and roll then.

I honestly like it more than all 3 souls games, but slightly less than bb. I just beat the guy at the top of the antechamber and it's the funnest boss fight I've had in a damn long time

I can't find purple ninja, is he left or right rise of the river?

>all 3 souls games

Attached: 1536880783798.png (460x261, 28K)

Near the waterfall cut down the bamboo door

Wish we had gotten a proper good Souls game or BB2 instead of mediocre Tenchusouls

Nice, thanks user, I'll pick it up when I can

Attached: 1552191287435.png (299x197, 37K)

Second bridge of the estate with the fat fuck at the end of it, jump off the right side

this isn't how you get there is it? you realize you can jump into the water right next to the bonfire and swim over to the purple guy?

I'm still early in the game, got to grandma then went back and beat horsey.
I feel the Katana combat is a step backwards, but am willing to see how it plays out against later enemies. So far it's spam r1 or spam L1.

Most if the new controls/abilities feel sloppy. I wish the jumps had more weight to them, I hate jumping over a wall... and into fire or a cliff.

The tips you get from eavesdropping don't work well enough.

The cool combat abilities only work right when the game says so and experimenting usually fails. I did make good use of the axe a few times though.

The stealth is both too sloppy in the parts where you need to use it and too exploitable in areas where you don't.

Enemies can still hit you through walls like in das and bloodborne. Come on from.

Camera and lock-on still f you over, but it seems worse because there's more wide-fast moving or jumping bosses.

I like it more then god of war or horizon, though it shares the same gripes I have with them of "all the COOL abilities..... they almost work sometimes."

Would rather play a Dark Souls 4 with a hook shot.

It is one of several ways it's just the fat guy is a more convenient marker

got a little tired of every single boss having most of their moves being the same "oh I'm gonna swing, hope you didn't dodge on reaction to an animation because I wait half a second before every swing"

>Deathblow does the remainder of their health bar instead of actually doing one health bar's worth of damage
>After you Mortal Kombat fatality a boss once, their vitality is considered "full" again for the sake of their posture recovery

t. shitter
go back to souls where you just press circle every time the boss so much as flinches. learn to identify what the enemy is doing before pressing shit. its what makes sekiro difficult.

No one cares about demon souls retard
But yeah I like it more than that too

>boss moves his pinky toe
>run away like a bitch
>"but game hard"

because feathering the deflect button constantly is the peak of skill, you can beat 90% of the bosses in the game by feathering deflect mindlessly and doing counters

>if someone says I'm retarded they just must be my polar opposite of retardation
No you fucking retard. Dont act like a fucking PTSD ridden prisoner of war every time a guy so much as breathes.

Side quests that can only be completed with rotless NPCs. You will be gated from endings if you don't manage the rot.

>go back to souls where you just press circle every time the boss so much as flinches.
Good luck beating Dancer this way

try dodging forwards

The Deathblow feels a bit tiresome, doesn't it. Maybe it could've just done a static amount of HP damage, you know, just like in Souls. Don't fix what ain't broken etc.

Does the looter matter?

Not reading the thread due to spoilers, but the enemy AI in the game can be pretty fucking retarded at times. Otherwise, I'm quite keen on the stealth. The problem comes in where they've fucking tethered that lunge weapon art to buying all of the shinobi skills, including the one that masks your presence better. I don't want MORE instances of retarded AI, I like the level it's at right now. It's dangerous, it's nice.

The red sign is for unblockables, not sweeps

Sweeps are a type than can be regular or special unblockable

I never said it was hard or it hindered me, its just annoying how every single boss does the same shit

Sekiro gives you way more than enough items to reverse rot.

literally beat the dancer that way even her super spin attack can be out doged

For me its
DaS>BB>DaS3>Sekiro>DeS>DaS2

This. Cuckazaki is a cringey virgin that isn't very good at what he does.

why is it literally only animeposters and anime avatars on steam giving this game bad reviews?
is the only thing you liked about souls was the memes and dressing up your characters? im lost.

>hardest game is the series is worst
>easiest game in the series is best
every time

No locale variation.
No enemy variation.
Bosses are QTE.
Prosthetics are useless besides niche uses (blind for one hit or scare beast).
Forced dudeguy for story, but no real story happens.
Zero customization.
Not linear enough. Hookshot makes multiple paths hesitant and bad.

Game is not good.

Then we just disagree on what we find to be enjoyable telegraphs then. I dislike the concept of every single telegraph being followed immediately by the attack. Normally I take these types of games as being showcases for nice thematics in battle, the wait for me expresses gravity and premeditation of their commitment to the battle.

Thanks, just beat him, don't understand why everyone was having difficulties with him

the combat doesnt feel very visceral, clashing with motherfuckers a bunch of times gets a little old after a while
you'd think there would be some kind of perfect parry mechanic that would let you destroy shitters but nope

It's because he's a late game enemy in an early part of the game. He becomes rather common around the start of the 3rd act of the game

We all know this game didnt feature multiplayer because their netcode wouldnt be able to handle these acrobatics.

>easiest game in the series is best
DS3 isn't the best though

lol ye. One look at Nioh shows you exactly the results of having pvp in such a fast paced action game.

>Every enemy is killed by a critical blow, got old by the 3rd hour
I could say the same for literally every soulsborne game by simply just killing enemies. Especially since you don't have to CB every enemy.

>Combat is challenging but shallow
Are you kidding me? I thought you said no shitposting buddy. Combat is more complex than any soulsborne game to date. Tools add to this.

You say stealth is essentially bad, but the way I see it, it only adds to the experience where there initially was none in any other soulsborne game. I also think the devs didn't design stealth to be used in the traditional manner either. For instance, theres an ability you get later on in the game that allows you to create blood mist clouds after backstabbing an enemy, allowing you to hide for further sneak attacks. I think this mechanic highlights how stealth is just another mechanic that you *can* use.
>Bosses are a joyless grind
>Miyazaki's weakest work
You expect people to take your post seriously when it sounds like you haven't put much behind it. The whole point of these games are to grind bosses with rewards for doing it. Instead of a soul to create weapons with, you can gain new techniques all together, keeping things fresh in the way that you progress.

i think he meant blood-bore m8

>because it was co-made by Sony
Rather, it was co-developed with JAPANStudio, who have a lot of great games to their name.

Attached: 1548326020163.gif (400x390, 2.68M)

Who fucking cares which platform you use to play the game?
Imagine being so virginal and lonely your only way of achieving a mild feeling of superiority over other humans is an arbitrary platform of choice for PLAYING VIDEOGAMES.
And I play on PC too, but people like you make me wish I didn't.

biggest disappointment since MGSV for me

it even gave me the same feeling of awe in the first couple hours cause it was something totally new.

then I realised how shallow and boring the game is.

>another bad review by animeavatar on steam

The game is pretty easy and rather boring as a result. Most groups of enemies can be easily picked off one by one and I’ve had zero issue just parry spamming every boss.
Just beat Ape Guardian fyi

>the joke
>your head

Attached: 1549230228934.png (903x937, 392K)

I just don't like the setting. There was much more that could be done with gothic castles, but this is just random japanese houses after another, with a burning one in between for variation.

Jingling shiny keys always make everyone feel at awe. Dont be hard on yourself.

I think the setting and visuals fucking suck major dick. Asahina Castle would've been an otherwise 10/10 fucking level visually if all the areas that preceded it didn't look the exact fucking same. The level design is completely uninsteresting and dull at times, like they put no thought on areas outside of their use as combat arenas.

It feels incredibly low budget and undercooked.

Attached: 23435.jpg (233x271, 15K)

I think he said critique Sekiro, not critique other's critique. No need to show how mad you are by green posting his opinions above your own opinions.

maybe its just because i've played so much of BB but I think its the easiest game just because of the high mobility and getting back health for playing aggressively.
Or maybe that mindset just makes it extra hard to go back to ds3, tried to do so for trophy hunting right after beating bb dlc and couldn't even get past high wall of lothric because everything felt so wonky and having 3 estus feels fucking terrible after 20 blood vials and getting health back

Did a balding salaryman cuck you?

Attached: 1538341228421.png (500x457, 179K)

Enhance physical attribute or attack power Yea Forums?

Enemies die when their health bar runs out you don't need to deathblow everyone

>graphics fag
go back to rdr2 faggot

So you think they should have hired morrowinds art designer?

>Visuals and aesthetics = grafix

Attached: 52341.jpg (228x334, 10K)

>lock-on just randomly unlocks

Attached: 1503520687255.jpg (600x454, 55K)

Can we all agree that it has the worst (or at least most unremarkable) soundtrack of any of their recent games to date? I was looking forward to the OST but not a single tune has stuck in my 18 hours of playtime.

Attached: tired.png (325x533, 240K)

yeah it leaves a lot to be desired. could have been amazing but ended up fairly average.

What's the point of critiquing the game if they aren't really critiquing the game? This might as well be a shitposting thread

also stop critiquing my critique about someone else's """""critique"""""

>hey our past games suffer from the R1 syndrome
>how to we fix it?
>just add L1 spamming too, no one will notice :)
Parrying/dodging should be fucking rewarding.

no I just got tired since anime became super mainstream.
it makes you feel really fucking weird when your normie friends start sending you jojo memes.
that and there hasn't been any good anime in a long time. all seasonal garbage on Yea Forums.

Attached: zAK6BCd.png (810x838, 507K)

it is rewarding

Soulsborne games have terribly forgettable soundtracks too but at least there's a couple of bangers (main menu from Bloodborne and DaS3, Gwyn's theme, Majula, Astraea...). Sekiro has fucking nothing. The combat music is insultingly bad and awfully loud, turned that shit down after my first two hours.

Attached: 3342.jpg (1430x1905, 303K)

But it's not, you deal the same posture damage any way.

I actually feel like this game would be more enjoyable if it had a camera like Bayonetta or something, where you don't lock on to enemies, you just kinda auto-sticky to whoever the game thinks you're attacking. the Souls lock-on doesn't work with this game very well.

all in all, the game is too similar to Souls not to compare it to those games. They could have made an interesting Ninja game if they had made it completely fresh, but they re-used Souls-style level design which is redundant when there's never anything interesting to find, and they re-used a lot of combat elements from Souls which don't work in this game. Also they added in stealth in a totally half-assed way that makes it feel totally worthless and a waste of everyone's time.

>only animeposters and anime avatars on steam giving this game bad reviews
are you on steam nigga he put his opinion on fucking 4channel stop bending over backwards to defend publishers who couldn't give a shit about you

Attached: 1549886167058.jpg (628x314, 36K)

I'm not sure what your autistic vengeance upon modern anime has to do with that user said about development, but alright.

Attached: 1544509393256.png (234x230, 22K)

>Posture goes down on successful Deflects, while enemy's Posture takes fuck all
Yeah, incredibly rewarding.

They should've given us the ability to perform a riposte after a successful chain of deflects that deals a good chunk of health damage and paralyses the enemy posture for a bit similar to Burn. Current posture and health system is so fucking basic and could be improved immensely with just a few tweaks.

>Mikiri Counter
>Barely does any posture damage
>Enemy recovers they're posture by the end of the animation anyways

Why even bother? Most of the time it's better to dodge the attacks rather than counter them so that you can get hits in.

I don't have money to buy a brand spanking top of the line PC that can run modern games at 60fps

you can block and do no posture damage or parry and do good posture damage. id say parrying is rewarded.

It's too fast for me, I can't react properly so I start mashing buttons like a retard.
That is my only criticism.
Okay maybe Dragonrot is bullshit, but that wouldn't be a problem either if I wasn't so slow.

I think the games issues lie in everything besides the actual combat. The areas you visit are mostly the same, and the enemy variety is dull. I think this game could have benefited a lot more from being in Demons Souls style where each world is drastically different from each other. Its a shame because the combat is fun, the game itself just doesn't do much to enhance that experience.

you start to notice patterns when you're shitposting at 5 am.
you don't need a brand new top of the line machine to run this game.

Honestly, I like your idea

if you don't get a perfect parry the enemy receives no posture damage. to properly beat later enemies you must use many mechanics- perfect parry, counter slash and thrust for vitalit. damage, normal slashes to keep posture pressure on, and step dodge/jump for perilous attacks. you do not deal the same posture damage just spamming r1 rather than parrying. rather, you get perhaps 40% of the posture damage you would get playing optimally with perfect parries and r1s used appropriately. the game is of course shit when you just run around poking enemies when they are 100% open and then retreating. never using the deflect mechanic makes the game trash.

>there's never anything interesting to find
this
it's pretty deflating finding a hidden ledge in an obscured area just to be rewarded with a consumable that barely does shit.

each mini-boss is a pain to fight because they're always surrounded by a gank squad

same problem from DaSII

Yeah it would have fit well with the ways the religious thematics are portrayed imo

Please respond.

you don't have to use a finisher on every single enemy retard

QUICK Yea Forums DO I OBEY OR BREAK THE IRON CODE

You can do both

Things I really don´t like:
>areas are sometimes really huge with literally nothing in them
>you have the ability to press Y, during special movements of some minibosses / bosses, does literally nothing just getting you closer
>enemies do a fuck ton of damage, here is only one estus. Oh you can´t block this, just run :^)
>game tells you how to do it properly, can´t read it again

Also minibosses and bosses are some stupid difficulty spikes.

I've seen a few streams now and I'm not sure what audience they were going for with this. Bosses look boring and there looks like there's two areas in the game. The one I saw all the pre-release footage of and a big lake. I personally hate water in games.

This geninely looks like a bargain bin game for me. I'm gonna wait a long while before picking it up unless it's 60% off in the next 2 weeks.

>missing out on sweet free health

Wow dude ok dont be mean

I really like it, I wish there was some gear variation so that I can use spears or a bow or something but I feel like the combat is more fair than souls while still punishing

your posture doesn't take damage when you deflect retard

Posture is a pain if you don't like how it works. Most bosses have cheap shots with barely any startup that deal 30%. It feels bad to get hit by it. The true ending is annoying and I really wanted a definitive ending frok a Fromsoft game. It felt like sequel bait.

>unless it's 60% off in the next 2 weeks

it won't be, because Reddit is lapping this shit game up

i don't understand the finisher complaints. its one second.

>shitting on you automatically means im defending fromsoft
I just like shitting on people. I pirated this game because no multiplayer lol. kids these days.

this feels like From just took Activision's money and made the most basic, stripped down game they could come up with for maximum profit margins

>Nioh comes out
>Anons complain about areas and enemy variety
>Sekiro comes outs
>Anons complain about areas and enemy variety

I think the problem here is that Yea Forums just doesn't like 17th century Japan.

>definitive ending from a fromsoft game

what reality did you come in from

>free health
>free 1/16th of a revive
Wew lad

you mean main team?
from+japan studios made demons souls, and at the same time from made ninja blade
same with bloodborne being from+japan studios and dark souls 2 being core from soft

news flash theyre a jank studio

Yeah these boomers and their brap fetishes dont have a lick of sense.

I'm aware. It certianly shouldn't be, but to be honest this is already more than I'd consider spending on a game. I've bought £40 games before and didn't like spending that, I'm not spending £50. It's an insult to anyone who got it if it is that cheap.

I'm also on PC so no used copies.

But if I have to wait month(s) after release to buy a game, I'm not buying it for more than £20. Did they say there will be DLC? Cause if that's the case I'll buy it's £10 or less.

I can see where he's coming from. I found DOOM tedious as fuck because of the constant finishers. That's the only game I've really regret buying in the last few years.

While true, the way the game prioritzes deathblows over normal attacks makes that sometimes it's hard to fight groups of enemies without performing a deathblow even if you don't want to do one

My pet peeve is that I can't tell the training guy change weapons, move faster and/or use more varied attacks so I can actually practice deflections / mikiri counters.

That's why I said I wanted one. I got tired of endings like those since Bloodbourne. They feel like a copout and it feels more sequel bait in Sekiro.

Yes it does you utter fucking mouthbreather. It prevents you from getting posture broken but it still builds it up.

Fucking retarded subhuman trash, play the game outside of the tutorial and beginning area before fucking replying to anyone in the thread, or kill yourself.

Attached: 532421.jpg (497x732, 42K)

It's a pretty one-note setting to begin with. Developers have to realize that "samurais dueling in a wheat field" is not something you can make a 60 hour experience out of.

Wasn't Deracine made by F+JS, too, and got a lukewarm reception?

Need some Sekiro help:

Anyone else here playing the PC (Steam) version and are having noticeable input lag? I'm using an XB1 wireless controller (like 99% of my Steam library) and I'm noticing input lag. Normally I'd just turn off V-Sync and that fixes these issues, but I don't see a v-sync option anywhere. Anyone else have this input lag issue, and know of a fix?

yeah, I said I was worried about this setting months ago and it unfortunately ended up as expected.

They both use different resources

>but I don't see a v-sync option anywhere.
Disable it on your gpu menu.

Only autism pvp fags think dark souls 3 is bad, it had the best bosses

literally get good faggot, your timing is trash

Honestly, I feel Sekiro kind of just highlights From's biggest weakness: Their technical incompetence.

This game feels like they wanted to make a sort of Action/Stealth hybrid that's like a combination of Ninja Gaiden and Tenchu. But the way they made the game feels like they took Dark Souls and retroactively tried to twist the game into being something it's not. It's like one of those Skyrim combat overhaul mods when somebody tries to take the shitty Creation Engine and make it do stuff it was never meant to handle.

Sekiro is not a Souls game, but is sure as fuck has the skeleton of one.

Attached: 3342432555444.jpg (184x184, 7K)

Go fight the Centipede, Deflect his entire combo and then come back to me ok?

Skills to focus on? I heard one user say get the deathblow heal. I heard another say there's something worthwhile in prosthetics asap.

Sorry, I need to update this before I paste it:

I've completely disabled vsync via the nvidia ctrl pnl, still have input lag.

more like actiblizzard didnt give them the budget to make a new engine cuz theyre fuckin jews lmao

you 100% take posture damage while deflecting. you can't get posture broken while deflecting, but it definitely builds up (at a slower rate)

Yeah it's pretty blatant and goes without saying. Literally the main menu.

i literally did earlier today, and beat him easy second try after dying to all his friends once.

you're fucking garbage m8. get good.

>Fight against Owl
>Using literally any thrust attacks means you lose 70% of your health with no telegraph
cool

>still have input lag.
Tried using the controller wired?

stop using thrust attacks
hope this helps

you have mikiri counter. why would he not also have it?

When the fuck did I claim Centipede was hard you underaged brainlet? It shows how deflect doesn't prevent posture buildup.
>He needed a second try to beat Centipede
HAHAHA oh wow.

youtube.com/watch?v=jsZlUFcQJKI

Why would you need centipede to show that you fucking dumb retard? You're just plain trash; keep reaching for excuses.

I'm just starting NG+. Here are my honest thoughts:
1. Combat ideas are interesting, but implemented poorly. In boss fights the dance of managing an enemy's vitality and posture becomes a tedious means for From to overbloat a traditional healthbar. The final boss especially seems to take awhile to put down. The other thing is that an action game should be precise. After all these games from still doesn't know how to make a game challenging without peppering it with glaring issues such as bad attack tracking animations.
2. I feel like the whole bug thing didn't really go anywhere. Also anons seemed to imply there was a cool bloodborne type twist where everything changes. This doesn't really happen, and in fact Sekiro is probably the most straight forward of From's games. The setting never wildly deviates from where it begins. This makes revisiting levels kind of boring. Because the setting is boring.
3. The only truly enjoyable bosses were the final boss, horse rider dude, the ape, genichiro, corrupt monk and lady butterfly imo. Boss quality overall isn't very good. I'm hoping DLC fixes this. Also wtf was with the fountain head boss? It was like a greatest hits of From gimmick fights.
4. Stealth needs work. I'd like it to be possible to do the entire game (except maybe bosses) with stealth like a real shinobi. There are some places where enemies can see you for miles even if you use the invisibility candy. Pretty disappointing.

Sekiro has all the ingredients to be the GOAT ninja game but keeps fucking up the execution. I'd rather Team Ninja do a ninja gaiden in this style - I can atleast trust them to make combat consistently engaging and fun with challenge but not tedium. From doesn't have action game expertise inhouse and it shows. They're great at level design and world building though. Also puppet jutsu is the best thing in the game, and it even works on mini bosses.

Overall rating: 8/10. Not the best game this year, and not the best ninja game. Good though.

Attached: 1552879530449m.jpg (1024x470, 92K)

fuck off im making some 28 year old retard mad

BTFO.

Attached: 23432.png (1108x596, 497K)

Mikiri counter is a Shinobi Arts, he's a Shinobi. Of course he'd use it.

>deflect WHEN attack LANDS
>actually your deflect animation takes like 1 whole sec

gg FromSoft

Attached: cantsee.jpg (593x490, 36K)

What is the best game of the year for you?

I haven't played any yet. Picking up DMC5 when it's cheaper and RE2 when it's pennies casue I didn't think much of the demo.

I know this is gonna sound like spoiled millennial shit, but.... out of 387 steam games I play I've never ha dot either 1) play one wired or 2) not had a fix. I feel I'm not the only one out there, there's probably a simple fix, but I just don't know what it is. And it's so new, there's probably one small little tweak that needs to be.. tweaked, and it hasn't been brought to the large light yet.

Either RE2 or DMC5, probably DMC5 once BP drops next week. There's still a lot coming out this year though and I haven't played Ace Combat yet.

too many reskinned enemies, literally all enemies except bosses are from BB or DS3 but reskinned

Reminder that the memorial merchant sells dragon's blood droplets for a measly 240 sen and you have no excuse to not have one at all times

DaS3 was rollspam incarnate. Consecutive rolls should've been punished with more stamina loss and running out of stamins should've had a longer wait time. It would fix this gay "roll 5 times and sip" bullshit.

Aside from that complaint, it had the best bosses of the series, great movesets, great fashion, great hit detection, and ran like butter.

Or maybe the game is at fault user.

>abusing stealth
What the fuck do you think ninjas do exactly?

literally all of its good fashion was stolen from other souls games

Idk about that, but enemies within the game get reused a lot. The nightjar ninjas and the purple ninjas are cool though. Also several bosses show up again with a palette swap

they aren't infinite though right?

gameplay is great and it is a nice looking game overall but to me it just doesn't look like japan. environments feel very samey, uninspired. they literally copy pasted a LOT of the assets (trees, grounds, bridges, hills...). I was expecting this:

youtube.com/watch?v=FESJUA0_KR8

with souls combat but only got the combat.

You can only buy one at a time but it constantly replenishes, so yes they are infinite

Because arbitrarily limiting the players moveset in a game with an already hilariously small movelist is a terrible idea. Combine that with the fact that Owl can easily follow up hit confirm ANY of his attacks with a grab (which WILL result in a death) and you have a fight where the player is all but told to turtle out and wait for his one or two hilariously punishable attacks (looking at you, bomb toss and leaping overhead).

Play the game

Where the fuck do I get more Scales?

cry more console seether

I like the game but what settings should i use to give me the best flowing experience?

I already turned off motion blur and depth, but i still have to wait until my inputs actually register....

try targeting open water, they can be deeper

try forcing v-sync to off in your video card settings and anything like triple buffering etc

>Soulsborne games
>given the ability to block, parry or dodge
>each one is more or less effective depending on your build and each is viable to beat the game by predominantly using only one
>From trusts the players enough to let them make the choice for themselves

>Sekiro
>From decides to implement a rock, paper, scissors system
>you HAVE to parry certain attacks
>you HAVE to dodge certain attacks
>you HAVE to jump certain attacks
>dodge is completely ineffective in any situation other than avoiding grapples
>want to be a rolling ninja instead of a parrying ninja? too bad
>decision is no longer in the player's hands how they want to approach each challenge
>instead the player has to observe what From has decided they must do in any given fight and comply with their instructions

>WHY CANT I FUCKING ROLL?????

/ccg/ called, they told me to tell you that you're retarded.

Spy, Servant(guard), Servant(violent assassin)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Attached: trap card.png (624x859, 842K)

well WHY can't I?

why do I only have one way to play this game?

solid list but I'd add kuon slightly better than sekiro.

you're literally just mad you can't dodge roll and pivot backstab your way to victory

It's odd because there is an enemy later on that double sweeps and it has the red sign for both.
I'd put it down to stupidity rather than design though.

>complain about only being able to play game one way
>hurrr your mad cuz you want to play game in other way

>hear howling
>instinctively block
I'm not sure what would've happened if he hit me but I'm glad I did.

Attached: 1552493362111.jpg (426x545, 26K)

Miyazaki tries to take a break from the same type of game being made over and over and tries at making a poor man's tenchu and the audience he has garnered just scream about not being able to roll.

Why are consolefags so retarded when it comes to Bloodborne? DS3 was literally the same shit but everyone's acting like BB is some sort of a coming of Christ in vidya form.

Yeah but how do you even hit the carp who camp out underwater? There's no dive, and shuriken do like 5% of their health.

because the game designers decided that they wanted the game to be more limiting in this regard. that doesn't mean it us the wrong choice. it is just a different choice than what you are used to. you will either acclimate or you will probably quit the game.

Exploring is great. You can go full mgs and loot the area without fighting if you want.

Am I fucking myself somehow by "rest" farming? I found a spot where I can kill two dudes instantly for exp then rest and have them respawn.

The only times this annoys me is in claustrophobic fights with janky camera and the headless fights because fog/walls obscure your character and you literally can't see that you've fallen over so you tap to parry and just fucking die

because it's the only ps4 game worth a damn and they need to justify their 500 dollar 30fps chromatic abbreviation purchase.

>Purchase game knowing full well it isn't based around builds or styles like souls games
>Whines that there's no builds anyway

You are not smart. I doubt you're going to finish it anyway, so go ahead and get a refund for it or just uninstall if you've pirated it

It could have been a new full Tenchu. It could have been a new full Kuon.

Its neither and somehow less. Its just more challenge for the sake of it. Its all so fucking tiresome that this is all From has amounted to after Souls sweeping in and saving a studio that I used to love.

Not really, even perfect parrying will fill your posture bar against some bosses' unbreakable combos

Only legitimately fun and rewarding boss fight is the guardian ape.
>No chip damage from guarding/parrying
>Rewarded for parrying without needing a full posture break
>Moveset that is easy to learn because they don't come out at lightning speed like all the humans

I just wish there were more bosses like him. It's the only time I beat a boss and thought "that was fun" instead of "that fucking sucked"

Attached: 1547975289288.jpg (640x481, 38K)

No.

no, but dont waste your skill points on all of the first tree. I think you eventually need more exp for later points.

Have you ever played Dark Souls II?
Do you what the Royal Rat Authority is?
That's basically half the boss fight in Sekiro, but they can devastate your anus if you get hit once.

Other than that the game is pretty fun. It's just interspersed with arena fights that make you want to rip off your dick in a furious rage.

I'm not content with playing differing variants of Demon's Souls till the end of time.

iirc, I read that it was originally Tenchu but they decided against it since they were new devs and thought they wouldn't be able to do it justice

>re-use tons of elements from Soulsborne
>wow they made a really stripped down Soulsborne game with nothing good to replace the things they removed
>wow dude it's SUPPOSED to be like that

its funny, in some ways the ape seems like he has faster combos than say, genichiro.

I have been hiding 3 houses away under floorboards and an enemy has followed me all the way round on a direct patch to my location it definitely isn't on line of sight. Archers routinely shoot at walls you are hiding behind and follow you along as you move even though they cant see you.

>thought they wouldn't be able to do it justice

they were damn right about that

>>Bosses are a joyless grind
Dude, I'm at the Fountainhead Palace and none of the bosses were even hard aside from lmao2ape
It's the minibosses that are sometimes rage-inducing hard, funnily enough

That actually makes it even worse. I understand maybe thinking that theres no longer a market for full on stealth but not wanting to even try because they "might not do it justice"?

That never stopped them before when they first started making Tenchu titles after getting handed the baton from Acquire.

I'm going for heal after execution attack.

one day you'll realise that this game is another variant of Demon's Souls, only with the RPG elements stripped away and replaced with stealth that flatters Assassin's Creed

are there any other skill trees or what

grinded out all skills in the very first area

>arrive to ashina castle
>several paths to chose
>arrived at the abandonned dungeon
>NOPE
No one told met here was gonna be spooky shit

You're just being obfuscative now. Yes they reused elements you retard ITS THE SAME FUCKJNG ENGINE FOR FUCKS SAKE but at the same time they introduced MORE ELEMENTS THAN THEY REUSED AND STRUCTURED IT AROUND A NEW COMPOSITION.

>wow they made a really stripped down Soulsborne game
there's more gameplay mechanics than any soulsborne game what the fuck are you talking about.
SEETHING. Look dude I know you REALLY want to summon someone to help you with that boss but you're gonna have to man up, zoomer.

I think I move too much and it's making me do bad jumps/dodges

Attached: 1320313750257.jpg (219x207, 9K)

Does dragonrot level go up if you use your pseudo-death point?

well you can see where people will disagree with you here. you say it has been replaced with nothing good, but in exchange for the builds you want we get a combat system that is easily more tense and more satisfying to pull off than any souls game. in place of player choice is a compelling skill based battle system. id say its an improvement.

Yeah that one's alright initially, doesn't heal that much until you get the upgrade from a boss, but useful for clearing mobs

>Ignoring the actual responses to your criticism for some exaggerated caps-lock strawman

Damn. You really, really, really aren't smart

I hate how many enemies are designed to be taken on with a very particular strategy and no other. Loaded axe on shields, firecracker spam on the bull, etc. I also feel like the progression and "upgrades" are sort of meaningless. Many skills feel mandatory.

I'm waiting for you to tell me what they ADDED to the mix

the only things they added are the shit stealth and grappling hook, which is a flashy gimmick.

I said I'm "not" content with that.

holy fuck he didn't even get past the tutorial.

I am not sure. I feel it is clearly better than DS1.

Attached: 1553231296127.jpg (539x960, 140K)

what about all the prosthetic limb mods to start off.
you get to pick 3 to swap between in addition to the grappling hook. For example I'm running Shuriken and Flame arm thingy.

Ok you have to be fucking trolling

umm it's meant to be like that you fucking shitter

you're supposed to play this game like a robot reacting in the exact way FromSoft have designated and no other. no initiative, just follow commands.

Can I pacify the shamisen ghost or do I have to kill her?

Attached: 20190324141009_1.jpg (2560x1440, 432K)

>tfw Sekiro is the biggest casual filter yet for what is froms best game

Attached: 1549177519986.png (1000x1000, 588K)

The stealth is for sure broken

I've had blue samurai niggas detect me through chest high destroyable obstacles. And rooftop thieves see me a full town away at night because I entered their FOV. And carp detect me a full 100 yards away. And literal fucking grandmothers at the top of genichiro's level scream and alert every NPC in the room because they saw me in the rafters.

Attached: 1550544575981.png (500x483, 113K)

I'm still waiting

prosthetic limb mods are fucking shit and only useful in highly specific situations that you encounter once every half hour or so. you can't find interesting ways to use them in regular combat.

>>dodge is completely ineffective in any situation other than avoiding grapples

and overheads and stabs

thrusts are countered by parries, the special skill or sidestepping
sweeps are countered by jumping or striking before the sweep can complete (in some cases can't be done)
grabs are the only attack where you really can only sidestep
all attacks can be spaced to some degree thanks to the huge mobility of your character

I agree that the combat can feel a bit clunky and hamhanded but you're being disingenuous

>highly specific situations
WHAT THE FUCK SPECIFIC SITUATION IS BLASTING AN ENEMY TO DEATH WITH FIRE LMAO???

>Purchase game
lmao, says who?

You can't call bosses that require rollspam "good".

i get you are salty your player choice is gone. but in exchange we get an incredibly focused and satisfying experience. it is a worthy trade.

the thing is player choice isn't gone. he's just a brainlet that can't handle vertical maps.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THE FUCKING SHIELD NIGGAS AND BEEFY AXE ENEMIES ARE APPARENTLY A FUCKING HALF HOUR APART AND THERE IS (((NO USE))) IN A FUCKING VANISHING TELEPORT

Are you retarded? It's a get out of jail free card that lets you dodge attacks without timing.

What are you talking about? Ghost of tsuhima doesnt look like Japan --- its the very representation of "you see, Japan is like this, isn't it?" environment made by westerns who are getting into some orientalism. And tsuhima (its an actually existing tiny island) is not large like that in the game.

Pretty sure he was sarcastic

>taking what I said to one extreme
>reply taking it to the other
I appreciate that the game is, in general, a more tightly focused character action game, but I feel that having fixed responses to each particular enemy is exactly the sort of complaint that we level at the Batman Arkham games on a regular basis. Why should this game get away with it while that one doesn't?

that's what he's trying to say user. the person who he's replying to is claiming the prosthetic mods add NOTHING to the gameplay.

the true redpill is understanding that most prosthetics are good in a variety of situations rather than just their obvious niche. its also rather impressive the range of uses the prosthetics have given their number. there's around 10 types total and they all have a distinct use. the only ones that feel redundant are maybe the axe and the spear but it feels like a stretch to say that.

It's not really even stealth. It's more like the game expects combat to occur and you're just methodically trying to make the situation easier for yourself by stealth-killing who you can. It's the luring mechanic from Soulsborne but better. It's just weird if you expect a straight-up stealth game, though.

Reminder PCfags are having to cheat

Attached: 1553418088962.jpg (494x519, 57K)

I'm commenting on the ridiculousness of the guys statements if taken literally.

Fromsoft can do no wrong

2 > BB > DS > 3 > 1

Wishing you didn't play on the same platform as an user on 4channel because he expressed a sentiment you dislike is far more cringe than what he did

BASED

well because the combat of sekiro is far more complicated than arkham asylum. its not a fair comparison. you have to do more to succeed in sekiro than you do in batman.

game runs fine on my machine without the Dark Souls mod.
let's be real, if the PS4 let you mod there would be much more cheaters. Don't tell me you never played Halo 2 online.

not really more complicated just a lot less forgiving

>introduce a grappling hook mechanic
>only use it for traversing and seldom in combat
Imagine if you could close gaps with it after dodging enemies.

>Chinese are selling malware laced glorified cheat engine table
>probably mostly bought by other chinese
>get Social Credit lowered (although not an online game)
>get executed by the glorious Winnie Pooh leader

Play the game more.

Honest question: how the fuck does resurrection power work?
I've got three nodes and have only ever been able to resurrect once in a fight.
Also what do those weird Dragon shard things or whatever they are do? I've only been using them to cure got because they seem too cheap and abundant to be actual permanent upgrades

If you get the prosthetic grappling slice skill you can use it to latch onto the ogre and cut him

Pathetic

2 > BB = 1 > 3 > DeS

This Honestly I find my retarded boomer hands fucking things up sometimes because it starts to fall into that exact Batman territory where you feel like you're playing Simon Says in deciding which counter or movement is required for which enemy or attack, and they're all bound to specific input combos or context.

Also you can skip rice lady spoiler power snake section by just mist jumping through the snake

>Japan setting game is set in Japan
Wow

once you've used red once in a life you have to deathblow a certain number of standard enemies or a single bar of health for minibosses and bosses to be able to use it again. this is probably to prevent the ability from being too strong.

I just find very forced combat to be unfun

I like games that give you initiative in how to approach problems.

I think I'll just go back to playing DMCV over this and have some fun playing with different weapons and styles.

>red
res*

I need some help with Sekiro, Yea Forums

I'm using an Nvidia 1060, on win10, and controller is wireless XB1. I'm having bad 1/3 - 1/2 second lag. It's throwing all my play off.

I've tried turning off vsync via the nvidia ctrl pnl, but no change. I've went down the entire Advanced options list and set items to Medium or Low or Off, no change.

>He doesn't know

So the three nodes means if I kill enough people I'll be able to use it three times in one life?
The nodes are always full for me btw, after the first one the second two (still full) get a rip over the top of them

Thats fine. It's okay to like things that are different for different reasons user.

The final boss is too hard

>Microsoft’s official statement reads: “After installing KB4482887, users may notice graphics and mouse performance degredation with desktop gaming when playing certain games (eg: Destiny 2). According to the company, it’s working on a resolution to the issue and should provide an update in an upcoming release. For the time being users can uninstall KB4482887 to regain the lost performance.

You might have this problem
tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-update-ruins-gaming-performance,38761.html

I prefer the more tactical, slower and deliberate combat of Dark Souls

Sekiro is kinda meh.

You can use one node per boss phase, come in handy once the bosses start having 3 hp bars

that's correct

no

My only gripe so far besides it being a tad too difficult in the beginning is that you can run away from the minibosses, sneak back and backstab them which seems a little cheap and poorly designed

How is the stealth in this? Can you hide bodies, make distractions, lay traps, etc?

Attached: 1552946972299.jpg (700x555, 35K)

I forced myself not to cheese

I died so much during the 2nd phase that during my final run I did the first two phases (Genichiro included) with no damage received
Fuck the that random ass 6hit spear combo

Lol

>Dark Soul
>tactical
>deliberate

dude let me just roll and backstab everything to death

Nobody will notice or care if they see anything other than an active assassination and you can throw pot pieces

>more completely false shitposting. the stealth operates entirely on line of sight.
Isn't that bad design? Stealth should also take into account sound and level of illumination.

Attached: 1551612034579.png (446x435, 74K)

it's not that kind of stealth game, AI is not fleshed out like that at all

you can throw shit to attract attention

essentially combat is dangerous and you get a few stealth kills to make it easier, but you can run away and reset enemies to do it over and over

>Can you hide bodies, make distractions, lay traps, etc?
You can do a takedown from behind

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (413x395, 19K)

It does it's just an early upgrade to remove those elements because NEEEEEEEENJA

OBTAIN
SKILL

Yes, I too, saw dunky's video.

The combat is about as deep as DMC or Bayo, as in not very.

>Or just uninstall if you've pirated it
Jesus fucking christ, are you retarded? I know reading is hard but it's literally four fucking sentences you fucking moron

The problem is it's always exactly the same no matter what game it's in.

>Hp and block bar are too tiny and unintuitive
>some enemies just posing through requires good knowledge of that enemies and isnt intuitive either
>jumping and swinging feels clunky and relies too much on camera position which is muddy
i>ts sometimes not clear if i can swing on something or not because the circle looks similar in full/nearly full state
>screen too busy to make out what happens without extensive knwoledge of the ui/mechanics/buttons
>jumping in combat feels like another dodge button which makes things far more difficult than they have any right to be

I dig the vibes tho, splinter cell ninja edition is okay

Just checked, I don't have this update.

Also, this is the only game I'm having this issue on.

It does take into account sound (even Souls games did this). It also takes into account shit like the player being retarded: if you're moving in high foliage beside an enemy, they're going to see you.

Are most bosses in the game surrounded by regular enemies? I don't find them difficult but they really add to the tedium of this game.

Dark Souls had worse combat than Demon's Souls.

It feels like From trying to ape Nioh.

Just minibosses, and I would say only Bandit Lords and generals.

No, 99% of bosses are 1v1
minibosses however mostly fight with adds

>an additional attack animation for second R2 on certain weapons and a few special running animations makes the combat better
not really to be very honest
but bring up the estoc again please.

The art direction and flow feels low on enthusiasm.

Do you mean input lag? It's in the ps4 version too. I thing it's just part of the game engine.

>>Combat is challenging, but shallow
so its objectively bad gameplay

Should one buy?

I beat the bull and the horse rider cunt without using firecrackers at all, I didn't even have them. Both took me two tries.

Genichiro, on the other hand, took me like 10.

Are you a masochist?

>FromSoft makes 4 games out of a European medieval setting
>the most overplayed generic fantasy setting possible
>no complains
>From makes one game in Sengoku Japan
>HURR GENERIC FROMSOFT IS FINISHED

You are insufferable

Better movesets, faster combat, more responsive overall, better weapon balance and no dumb shit design choices like hit-stun tied to upgrade level or trees; recovery tied to weight; kick being useless, etc.
People bring up estoc, Kat, DBS because they perfectly demonstrates how Dark Souls was dumbed down and there are no counter arguments to these points.

Was the bull a problem for anyone? I got my shit rekt and still beat him on my first try.

Sorry, yes - input lag

Is this true? PS4 players wanna chime in/confirm this? Input lag isn't a game mechanic, it's a problem..

You can pop a squat in tall grass and roll a d20 for stealth to decide if Keito and his rough and tumble pals can smell your sweaty tabi, then begin firing flame arrows directly at you.
Also stealth kills initiate a nation-wide state of alert for violating the Shogun's NAP, apparently Wolf learned nothing after spending his entire life being a Shinobi and honestly believes the GEP Gun is the best way to make a silent takedown.

disappointed by the lack of finishers. they could at least give us limbs and head chopping abilities. what's even the point of using katana when you can't do this shit?

Attached: 1536265105430.jpg (594x446, 48K)

He kicked my ass a handful of times. He was just wildly flailing and I couldn't get any idea of what he was doing.

Being able to do something that actually requires thinking and is stylish is not in FROM's repertoire.

No one complained because despite your attempt to call it generic, the world of the souls games had tons of variety and interest, they were original creation.

Every japanese game studio under the sun has created a game set in sengoku japan before though and they're literally ALL EXACTLY THE SAME.
I could collect screenshots of the environments from Sekiroh and Nioh and most people probably couldn't tell which was which game.

Thanks user, I lol'd

Speed has no bearing on the quality of the combat, and Dark Souls is just as responsive as its forebear. There are about 5 different moves overall from those of Dark Souls. Better weapons balance is very untrue, and the kick is not useless at all in Dark Souls.

>Yea Forums now supports Activision
What happened to this board?

Attached: 1531727984287.jpg (990x1200, 143K)

The game's biggest missed opportunity is that the combat revolves around deathblow, but they could have fleshed out so much. You could have had swappable deathblow that did shit like restore emblems, given temporary stat boosts, etc.

Attached: original setting donut steal.png (622x710, 736K)

Fromsoft fanboys.

William-sama, please, put some clothes on

Attached: 1551635923934.jpg (612x513, 55K)

Fucking this, the deathblows should've been more brutal
Also this

>perfectly happy with the game
>come to this thread
>read this
>now I feel let down
dang it

Every weapon between the two games has mostly very different moves and many work differently.
The weapon Tiers in Demon's are much closer together and every weapon class has a couple superb weapons.
Kick is useless outside of setting up BS resets in PvP, compared to shove which has a ton of different uses from combo extensions to frame traps.
Let's not forget the garbage that is poise either.
As for speed, different strokes for different folks but it makes weapons feel sluggish.

Yeah it's hard and that's good but it doesn't make it a good game
The people ferociously defending it are all 15 and jerk off to gfur and pony all day on discord

Does the Dragonrot actually affect your endings or anything like that?

If I don't use resurrection at all, will that help me avoid ever developing Dragonrot? I think I remember the fact that it said it only causes it if you resurrect too often.

Attached: 1553377989871.jpg (264x286, 15K)

I cant beat blazing bull or lady butterfly so im stuck

The warning for unblockables are really inconsistent. Sometimes it flashes on the windup so you have to wait and time your response and other times it flashes right before you get hit so it becomes a reaction test. Taking the time to figure out which of the enemies unblockables are reaction tests or timing tests are a major part of deaths for me. That fucking spear miniboss has three different thrust attacks with all different timings.

from what I can tell, it only happens when you resurrect from pure death (spawn back at a statue). Resurrecting in-place seems to not affect it.

All these +
> no customization
deafult sin looks like trash
> cringe voicing - exaggerated pathos with "..."
Sounds dumb. The only good npc was a merchant. All others are full of unnecessary pathos, but yeah anime weebs gonna defend this trash

Attached: 1474028709913.png (512x512, 147K)

The only critique I have is there's no fast object bar like in BB. There's an obvious difference between using healing items and boost items.

run around the bull at full-speed getting in pokes. Once he's low on health, get good at deflecting.

This type of scene is used all the time. It's almost a given that a Japanese samurai type story will have a "two warriors fight in a grassy field" scene.

based tranny lover has no taste as usual and loves braindead grind

i still dont have the sprint shit I see people with

I am perfectly happy with the game, but it would have been nice if there was an item deathblow (press up on pad during deathblow prompt) with different items, and tool deathblow gave emblems, sword deathblow gives health and posture, and stealth deathblow gives stealth boosts.

I mean, half the shit is already there with mist, HP return perk, and some of the passive perks... so they did toy with it, but it could have used its own tree and items and upgrades etc and it would have been a whole other level to the gameplay loop.

And? Saying "yes it's overused, but it's SUPPOSED to be overused" doesn't make it good or that anyone has to enjoy seeing it over and over.

>i still dont have the sprint shit
nigga wat

Attached: 1548098523430.png (960x960, 275K)

> tranny lover is a poorfag
lmao

Good thing thrusts are the worst attacks in the game, because your counter to it has a window of an entire second

That guy was insane. He had too many good moves and I was too scared to do mikari counter.

how do you even get it i dont see it on the skill list

hold circle retard

LOL ive never tried it before

How exactly do I do the martial arts? I'm spamming r1 then l1, r1+l1, or l1 the r1 and nothing works. I can't roll

Well then that's your autism kiddo. Genres utilise tropes as part of their identity. Being upset about that is stupid.

dammit user get it together

Why does fromsoft always include so many limited supply consumable items in their games even though they're designed to kill the player multiple times?

It literally tells you to hold L1 and press R1, dipshit.

Utilizing tropes is not the same as being completely identical.

these two points seem pretty non sequitur. do you want infinite supply consumables?

I literally just went and beat him and didnt even go below half health
it was so easy with sprint I just ran circles around him and slashed at his ass

i cant believe i didnt know how to sprint

> In this game, you just have to learn to fight the hard boss.
But you absolutely can't when you're getting penalized for trying to get better with

>deeper than a combat system with literally no depth at all
Wow, what an accomplishment

I want things like the healing gourd and estus flask. Get a limited use of them with every reset.

Who the fuck is ever going to use a one of a kind healing item against a boss that will randomly kill you in a second anyways.

As said, I'm doing it, and nothing

They can all be grinded out fairly easily. The only ones that matter are monk candy and they drop like crazy in the temple, and you can get MF perks and cursed to make them drop in bundles of 3+

An example of a combat system with "depth", please?

the stealth shit is so lazy
its literally just souls ai with the absolute most basic stealth mechanic thrown on top

you can kill 3 guys and the patrols will go and just stand in the pile of bodies and not even look at them or comment on them.

?
Did you equip the martial art?

Try actually equipping the skill

I know its to force you to identify the move by the animation but I really hate that every undeflectable attack has the same exact warning

Yeah maybe because they’ve seen you retard? Oh but I guess you forgot to put that detail in for shitposting purposes

ITT: casual babies.
Reminds me of when DaS1 got released on PC lmao.

I feel like they went with this because it would be tedious otherwise. Like hiding bodies and shit would have been retarded, and keeping enemies in alert for a while would have just slowed the pace down dramatically.

I'll never get over fat cunts on Yea Forums calling people who develop video games lazy.

I uninstalled when i dodged to the side of an ungaurdable grab and it did that lame 'homing in' shit. You know the shit im on about where you've moved to their side but they magically do an instant turn and grab. also it's pretty boring.
good thing I didn't pay for this trash.

inb4 casual, git gud etc.

I've only one so it's already equipped, pushing buttons don't change anything in the skill menu.
You already answered, now I know it's a bug, probably related to the button mapping system (didn't change mine)

Many of the death attacks CAN be deflected and mikari countered, they're just unblockable. This kills my inner brainlet.

I really just think it's an extension of the luring and backstab mechanics of Souls but allowing for more interesting use of 3D vertical space. As a pure stealth game it's obviously not the best, but for what it is it works very well

Git gud

The very concept of an action game where enemy health is pretty much meaningless and all killing is done with instant kills that you have to build up by parrying seems kind of wonky.

>snake eye bitch falls of the cliff
>I didn't get a prayer bead

nice

I think this is fair. It's "now, for something completely different!" without actually straying too far.

Some games are really great for a single playthrough. A lot of JRPG's are like this since they don't tend to offer as much build variety or story branching.

Sekiro feels like that. It plays great and has awesome atmosphere, but I just can't see myself diving in for multiple runs and NG+ like I did with Bloodborne.

And that's fine. I can enjoy it for what it is. Hopefully Miyazaki has gotten it out of his system and takes the good ideas from Sekiro to make a proper Souls successor that combines great aesthetic, combat, and RPG elements.

Attached: guts.jpg (400x417, 32K)

holy shit so many babbies that need git gud

>Many of the death attacks CAN be deflected and mikari countered
only thrusts, for grabs and sweeps you HAVE to get out of the way

I feel like it works good with the pace of the game. It reminds me a lot of Tenchu, right down to the terrible AI, but it's not a stealth game. That being said the stealth is a good add-on in my opinion and let's you steal plenty of kills against huge packs before turning it into a crazy skirmish.

She doesn't drop beads

lot intellect for sweep attacks you can jump on enemies for grabs you have to dodge

>genchiro fight on top of tower
>kicks my ass multiple times
>gitting gud at mikibo on this dude
>finally knock off his 2 healthbars
>"heh that was just my first form
>proceed to 1-try spank is phase 2
>mfw

Attached: 1493682125972.gif (420x314, 1.53M)

Is your life so empty that you have to try and ruffle feathers over a game you don't even play?

I'm really glad it tells me what every item I pick up does ever single time I pick one up.

I just picked up my 800th pellet and was still wondering what they did, but thankfully the game was still telling me.

I know, I'm just a brainlet. The only time it became a huge issue was the nigger general Motorola with the pike by the aqueduct, because he has like 5 death attacks, multiple thrusts and sweeps, and he took way too many tries for me.

>Late game bosses the posture bar might as well not exist so you have to whittle down excessive HP pools with them wrecking your posture even when perfect parrying
This is my biggest complaint easy. They enforce the posture system all game but after a point it’s either near impossible to execute on boss posture, or even if you go god-mode you’ll break way before they do.

Looking at you Owl, Demon of Hate and Isshin.

He's right though.

>there's no dive

Attached: 1542228042982.png (427x319, 11K)

The 2nd form is squishy as fuck luckily. If you can get to it with a couple of sippy and Ninja stars, just bum rush him.

Not him...
There's a dive? Fuck sakes.

So 3 remains the best Soulsborne?

Attached: 1426893168183.jpg (3105x1600, 2.76M)

Demon is a fucking beast, loved this bossfight and the fire shield really helps a lot against his atacks
Isshin is fucking crazy, I've managed to destroy his posture meter during the first phase without missing a single deflect, feels fucking great

It's an ability that you get after a story boss, can't miss it

Sekiro is literally stronger than Ashen One

help

>Sekiro is literally stronger than Ashen One

Attached: 1532868064905.jpg (437x598, 42K)

>getting intimate with bosses and minibosses
so do I have to fuck the big snake?

>In this game, you just have to learn to fight the hard boss
In Souls games it's up to you. If you're deliberately using OP shit like magic or specific items against a boss in Souls while claiming at the same time that the fun part of Sekiro is that you need to learn the hard boss you might be retarded

Bloodborne remains the best Soulsborne.

BB does, yes, but Sekiro is so removed that you can't really compare it.

Uh no, I'm on PS4, about 9 hours in, I've never experienced input lag. And fuck that, half second lag is super noticeable and would fuck me up bad. Would have to relearn parrying windows all over again.

I saw some people complaining about how the Blazing Bull was hard but I killed it the first time it showed up, what the fuck?

The entire gimmick of this faggot is that you have to dodge enough so you can get behind him and rack in a bunch of hits before repeating the whole process again.

Attached: sekiro 2019.03.24 - 14.34.32.02.DVR.webm (740x416, 2.9M)

Hold on lemme one-shot this demon king with my tackhammer+10

> He falls for Bloodborne is good meme

Attached: 1404444745006.jpg (985x768, 128K)

I dislike bosses like Demon in these games. He feels especially limiting in this game as well since you can’t even use half the games mechanics against him. Just keep close, slash and dodge for a gorillion years.

Imagine making a thread about "criticism" because you don't have Sekiro. You Nintendofags are pathetic.

I feel like the dragon rot is pretty generous. I've died on everything likena gorillian times and always have tears to spare.

Unironically yes

>input lag is the new thing
Thanks
Stadia

Bloodborne doesnt "reward aggression" any anyone who says it does is retarded

the only mechanic in bloodborne that promotes mashing R1 is the regain and if youre just mindlessly "aggressive" youll instantly get hit with a superarmored attack while doing it

Sekiro actually rewards aggression since you have the tools AND the need to constantly be offensive or the boss/ enemy will just regain their posture

It was funded by Sony, JapanStudio were the co-creators. Nice try tho basedpony.

Attached: 1541654281492.gif (500x265, 296K)

Are you retarded or what? DaS 3 > BB

It's because Pre-democratic Japan represents everything weeb faggots hate. It's not the pedo wonderland they imagine.

He's just a random flailing fuck fest, worse than any of the shit in BB because he's charging around the map EXTREMELY HIHG SPEED while he does it. I felt like I was fighting his RNG. He only took a handful of tries and wasn't particularly hard, but I found him to be a shitty boss.

Here is a (you)

>S-Sony game is good!
Dark souls 1 was good you gayboy

I can't flick blood off my sword and sheathe it.

I would say this is accurate. BB promotes hit and run tactics more than anything, and rally reinforces this. It works good at mindless spamming too, but only against mooks—too many niggers will DP you.

He as a fucking grab? Wut?
He was super easy, he has no unblockable melee attacks aside from the jump kick

LGTSS.

>Story
SSDT > BB > DS2 > DS3 > DS1 > DeS
>Music
BB > DS3 > DS1 > DS2 > DeS > SSDT
>Combat
BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS > SSDT
>Game Mechanics
SSDT > BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS
>Level Design
BB > DS3 > SSDT > DS1 > DeS > DS2
>Difficulty
SSDT > BB > DS3 > DS1 > DeS > DS2
>Fun
BB > DS3 > DS2 > DS1 > DeS > SSDT
>Enemy Design
BB > DS3 > DS1 > DeS > DS2 > SSDT
>Boss Design
BB > SSDT > DS3 > DeS > DS1 > DS2

Attached: 1496293189927.gif (272x272, 3.81M)

>3
>worse game than DS2
LOL

It is easily their best game yet, you're just dumb.

>Grapple hook is criminally underutilized.
>Prosthetics are just weapon arts, but on an arm.
>Bosses are just boring sponges
>The story is teenage level of writing
>It's too fucking hard in the beginning and too easy towards the end
>Candy overload
>Stealth is more useless than nipples on a man
>Combat is p fun. It's like MGS:R , but less 'cuhrazy'.

It's a cool game for what it is, but not as good as the hype, especially compared to how the soulsborne games were pre and post-release.

I distinctly remember being hyped for the soulsborne trailers and then the games being awesome when they finally came out.

This one is just, good. Not much else to say.

Demon of Hate is definitely an HP fight but I didn't find the same for Isshin or Owl.

>story
Who cares.

Gameplay and fun
BB=SSDT>DS3>DeS>DS1=DS2

Here's (you) snoy

>That fucking guardian monkey jesus christ

It took me 2 tries but jesus. It was so stressful.
I did better the second time because I jept close to him. It turns out running away from him actually removes some opportunities to hit him.
The amount of time I had to dry my sweaty palms my god this game.

Attached: 1504335639330.jpg (750x692, 53K)

Honestly even though bloodborne is either in my top 3 or outright favorite game of all time now retroactively more than ever I wish it had been more detached from souls

the RPG skeleton works for everything except the general mobility and combat of the game which are pretty fucking good in Sekiro. The hunters were already supposed to be superpowered vampires compared to the weak main characters in souls (outside of maybe the slayer of demons but the gameplay represents his weakness anyway)

The architecture and levels of bloodborne would have worked well with a mechanical grapple arm and this stealth/ killing blow focus would have been excellent in that game. I mean fuck, the tools in the fang resemble something that if anything would be more useful in the hunt than in Sekiro's world

Ultimate list:

BB = DaS = Sekiro > DeS >> [POWER GAP] >>>>> DaS2 > DaS3

Attached: 1491537397674.png (1474x541, 1.02M)

Isshin phase one isn’t at all but 2 and 3 completely we’re imo. If you try to parry most of his shit in those phases you are going to lose. Owl just has loops sometimes of spamming the shuriken-dash attack or my favorite kick backflip-shuriken-dash multiple time and you can’t keep deflecting forever.

>faggot smacks me with a wooden shield
>does 3 times more damage than getting slashed with a sword

I honestly believe it's pretty damn solid as is and would be easier to make it a near perfect game then it would be to make some of the other games as good as it was.
My only complaints are lost/uncanny weapons could have had way more variety than just gem formations and could have instead had innate weapon stats, the gem system should have focused more on customizing weapons rather than adding damage. Chalice dungeons had way too many shitty requisite dungeons and the materials system was a mess. Also, insight could have done a lot more. I mean these are all nitpicks about "what could have been" with the systems in the game.

I don't know about the grappling hook either, because the levels are really 2D for the most part. You'd have to completely redo them, and they were damn good. Sekiro is much more open to allow for it. It's actually why I like the levels: they're literally just interconnected Tenchu maps.

Can we just have one From Soft related thread where we don't have Bloodborne shilling

>>Game establishes that all enemy sweep attacks will come in the form of a red strike, and that if you jump over them you can follow up with a kick to the head for posture damage
How the fuck did you get to corrupted monk with that incorrect logic still in place? Genichiro himself does a thrust unblockable and so do a few other fights before then.

I would say:
>first entries >>>>>> sequels.

I mean I already consider bloodborne an instant classic and probably the objectively best game of this generation if not also the last, but now that I look at Sekiro it makes me wonder how much the souls DNA is actually holding bloodborne back from being something else than the magnum opus of souls

if I had to make little changes to "improve" bloodborne id probably just give the player some tool to access certain weapons far faster than they currently can (burial blade, rakuyo, beast claw, bloodletter off the top of my head). The way the game is structured means that you often have to play a huge chunk of the game and go out of your way to complete very hard bosses early to get X weapon on a playthrough and unlike souls you dont really have other variants of the weapon type to hold you off until you get the one you actually want

If the cure the Dragonrot victims, will the problem come back again if i die too often?

sekiro is literally the same thing, instead of multidirectional rolls with timed button pressing, you have block with timed button pressing

>LMAO DUDE APE XDDD
>IT FARTS AND FLINGS SHIT AT YOU XDDDD
>AND HAS BROKEN HIT BOXES XDD
Whoever designed that shit should be banned from gamedev industry and have his fingers smashed with sledgehammer to make sure that he will never design anything again. Hope his children de of cancer.

>AND HAS BROKEN HIT BOXES XDD
the only "people" ive seen saying this about sekiro are actually braindead autists who think its a "hitbox" problem when they try to iframe (with nonexistent iframes) literally through attacks and instead of putting a pacifier in their mouth like in souls the game magnets them right into the attack they didnt know how to properly escape from

the only limitation is in the animations because its not a fucking assassins creed game where everything happens with the press of one button so cutscenes can play in real time with nothing breaking up the baked cinematics mid combat

yeah, but it's pretty lenient
I'm near the end and have died plenty of times but only needed to heal dragonrot 2-3 times

>Miyazaki's weakest work
Nah, that would be Armored Core 4, not For Answer mind you.

Sekiro is really worse than DS2. Who could've thought.. Memezaki, what is wrong with you?!

BB>DS3>DS=DeS>DS2>>>>>>Suckiro

here, spic, fixed your shit taste

Not with that second half it's not

>DS3
>good
LOL