Should i play this with mods?

should i play this with mods?

Attached: HealthTab.jpg (1920x1080, 932K)

>wood everywhere
>no defenses
>with no fire breaks or firefoam poppers
>rock stash directly on a path
>17 people and a small research bench
>tiny stockpiles
>butcher table in same room as stove
>manually forbidding everything instead of automating it with colonist restrictions and bills
just uninstall

How do you even make a colony this big and still have everything made of wood

its from google you imbeciles

>butcher table in same room as stove
not OP but why wouldn't you do that

Attached: 1519955640838.png (748x864, 764K)

Butcher table is filthy and belongs in the freezer.

it spews blood filth around which makes food poisoning extremely likely

Have you played vanilla?
Did you enjoy vanilla?
Do you want to play the game with questionably balanced additions?

If yes, then play with mods.

Any general protips for playing?

The butcher block building itself has a dirty value to it. Even a spotless kitchen/freezer will get food poisoning out the ass with that thing in the room. Just put it outside or in an air lock between the freezer and kitchen.

>Use Walls as cover with a Sandbag or a stone chunk next to it for colonists to peek over for maximum cover like so: SWSxSWS
>Flak Vests and a good duster are S tier protection, flak clothing is a waste.
>Generators are a good early game option for power provided you have a wood source.
>Use the roof detector thing in the bottom right to see if a overhead mountain (dark green as opposed to light green) tile is exposed and cover that shit up with a wall. Even building into a tiny hill with one of those can cause an infestation.
>Set up a freezer with multiple coolers set with descending temperature targets like 2 -4C and 2 -9C so you have 2 coolers working at max reaching and holding -9C and the other 2 on low as they are already at their target of -4C. Otherwise you'll just have 4 coolers all turning on and off interrupting eachother wasting power.

Attached: rw2.png (705x651, 380K)

Just one month ago I would tell you to get RJW, but apparently in got pozzed.

How so ?

Yes. vanilla is bland and lacks content.

get dwarf fortress, its better
losing is fun.

>its better

Attached: FXLThSZ.jpg (600x341, 14K)

it has depth.

Attached: csi-miami-horatio-caine-327979_e.jpg (618x354, 39K)

God dam you're right.

get a mod that:

>adds multiple z levels
>more magma
>a better world gen
>removes humans and adds dwarves

too bad it also removes graphics and UI as a side effect

Can no longer take away the right to consent from your colonists.

Use Combat Extended

Due to how raids and events work, try not to spike and focus too much on one single aspect of the game.

E.G. you boom food, your colony value artificially spikes upwards and the next enemy raid is 10x size and murders you.

you boom more workers and animal hands, storyteller knocks out your electricity and destroys all your food that isn't pemmican, starving your entire colony to death until it feels sorry for you and airdrops some food "coincidentally"

nerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrds

Not all crops are created equally.
Potato is below average on every aspect, but its not sensitive to soil quality so it can grow it bad terrain.
Rice is very sensitive, but it grows fast (in good soil) giving the best yield but also required lot of work to handle.
Corn has a long growth period but gives large yields. its less sensitive to terrain than rice but still sensitive. it requires less work to grow than rice.

Solar power becomes less efficient the further you are from the equator.
be sure to clear trees from wind turbines. putting growing zones or solar panels on the wind turbine clearzone will prevent trees from growing there

vanilla?

>Toxic fallout after one in game week
>No food and three colonist to feed
>I need to decide who is going to be butchered for food
I love this game.

yes all these things apply to vanilla. if you're asking whether to play vanilla or not it depends on your flavor. I would say add mods that increase variety like furnitures+, dubs bad hygiene etc.

>get tobacco crop mod
>everyone gets addicted to tobacco and alcohol
>everyone is happy anyway
>occasional lung carcinoma
>just harvest raider lungs and livers for colonist use
It's perfect.

i never get more people for my colony and end up getting killed because someone loses their shit and fucks things up

>murderous, pillaging raiders lead a healthier lifestyle that your colonists
top kekold

>install tranquillier dart mod.
>game becomes Prison Architect but with organ harvesting