What was the video game that you were the most hype for in your whole life?

What was the video game that you were the most hype for in your whole life?

Attached: 1470702978883.webm (960x540, 1.5M)

Probably Halo 2, though even then Halo wasn't my favorite series.

It did not disappoint.

Hard to say. Maybe MGSV which nearly broke me because it was such a letdown. I watched each of the trailers literally probably a hundred times each. They were pure trailerkino. The game I was most hyped for that actually delivered was probably Sonic Mania.

probably AoE3 and then Spore
I actually really like both of them in retrospect

Attached: 1371290771989.jpg (500x410, 45K)

Kingdom Hearts 2, easily.

I remember my local game store got it early. I was poor and I saved a bunch of lunch and travel money to buy it. I remember paying in like, fucking quarters for the last like $10 of the price tag.

It was like a fucking Thursday, like a few days before the actual release date. I skipped school, went in there, paid in fucking coins, and got my game. I was so fucking hype, I literally ran home and I sat in front of my TV and played for literally 15 hours straight. I didn't eat or anything, I just played. It was fucking great.

I skipped school for days, I beat it in like 3 days, I literally did nothing but play it. Came to school, told all my friends about it, they were jelly as fuck.

That was a great game. I still have that original copy that I got that day.

Attached: 1553372871484.jpg (942x830, 142K)

Final Fantasy X

Not only did it not live up to my expectations it killed my faith in the series and JRPGs for a long time. I don't know exactly what I was expecting in hindsight but it was anything other than the horrid shit that came out.

I was more hyped for MGS4 tbqh.

FFT was and still is my favorite game so I was really hyped for this as a kid

it was dogshit

Attached: coverext.jpg (798x681, 85K)

Either Dark Souls 3 or Bannerlord

never ever never forget

Fable 3. I counted down every single day for a whole year on a calendar until it was released.

That was when I learned the true meaning of disappointment.

Attached: 1551056650483.gif (272x281, 1.99M)

I thought this game didnt get a PS port and was only localized on the DS

Sc2 wangs And Dawn of war 3.

TDU2. It wasn't as bad as people say but I was still bummed about it.

port? it was originally a PS1 game

>DoW3
I mean even I saw that shit strom coming from a mile away

I still watch the trailers sometimes. They really still are amazing, despite my hatred of the game itself

spore

I can't tell you the number of times I watched that hour long video and imagined all the amazing possibilities

Dark Souls II

DMC5.
No regrets.

>What was the video game that you were the most hype for in your whole life?

Ms. Pac Man

Attached: old man middle finger.jpg (525x526, 104K)

>was excited for spore, sea creature and creature stages
>sea creature stage removed

Probably CoD: Black Ops
And it was worth it

Brawl

Probably this.

Oh shit, definitely Torchlight 2, it's the first and only game I've ever preordered, to this day. I'm a pleb but I had fun transforming my ferret into a crab and mindlessly clicking stuff until it died.

You were hyped for the official version of the crazy otto hack, back when the gap between knowing it exists and playing it was your walking speed to reach the local arcade?

>yfw anons get sad when their quote unquote video game that was almost entirely marketed with CGI trailers and scripted gameplay footage is a shitshow
Every fucking time it happens, and every single time it's hilarious. You still see a couple of tards around here pining for Versus XIII.
What a fucking joke of an industry. Fuck this teaser trailers, twitter reveal, CGIshit marketing campaign bullshit.
Either you've got a game, or you've got an experience, and while shoving my head up my ass is an experience, I'm not quite in any hurry to attempt it.
This board needs to be cleansed.
Lets start with those MGSV idiots and that one FFX shitter. You niggers had it coming. Hopefully you learned your lesson, now stop ruining the industry and giving attention to these fucking companies and Hideo Kojima. Metal Gear Solid (1) was so briefly an innovative and solid, no pun intended, gameplay experience. By the time MGS2 came around the gameplay was outdated by two years. Thank fucking Christ for melting ice cubes, though.
Hackjobbery is a sin and should be punished.

Attached: AD6D0171-A6A5-43FF-B741-87DCF1D1401A.jpg (768x551, 44K)