How are the xenosaga games?

How are the xenosaga games?

Attached: 220px-Xeno3boxart.jpg (220x310, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HACADr823oU
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8bczl-TlM
xenosaga.fandom.com/wiki/Xenosaga_I_&_II
youtu.be/x_5DzCdYE-I
youtube.com/watch?v=AQuPNh4d6Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=TioQJoZ8Cco
youtube.com/watch?v=8KX9L6YkA78
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no idea but kosmos is my wife

How can you have a waifu if you haven't played her game?

Attached: 17r63l.jpg (342x300, 16K)

dropped the series halfway into the second game, but I like kosmos

Xenosaga is a long as fuck movie game through and through, unless you really like mecha stuff like anyone with taste does I wouldn't advise actually playing it yourself

Attached: Xenosaga.webm (640x480, 734K)

I've played a little bit of each game to see if they work, and I own all 3 games
they're just added to the backlog

maybe after shadow hearts 2, xenosaga 1 will be my next jrpg

Clear your backlog. Anytime you're not working or spending with family, you're playing Xenosaga 1 to completion. You'll thank me.

Nah. I tried playing the first one and it's just a slogfest. And when sagafags say that 3 has the worst gameplay, I can't even bother to finish the first when it's so bad. Too bad too since her design is pretty cute.

xenosaga 2 is one of the worst games I've ever played to completion

I only played XS3 and i absolutely have no idea what the fuck is going on in story

All three games have some really long cutscenes.
Gameplay is pretty standard RPG combat.
Each game is like 30 hours. Pretty short.
Music is bretty good. First game had music by Mitsuda. Second was divided between Shinji Hosoe (gameplay) and Yuki Kajiura (cutscenes). Third was all Kajiura.
Story is really interesting. If you liked Xenogears you'll probably enjoy this.
Keep in mind that the series had a lot of development issues.

>And when sagafags say that 3 has the worst gameplay
You mean episode 2? Almost everyone says ep3 had the best gameplay.

No, I would like to. But i missed the prime of xenosaga titles. I'm not going back to play them because of age depletion. I unironically started with xenoblade chronicles 2 as my first xeno game.

>Music is bretty good.
I only played the first one but there were like 3 fucking tracks in the entire fucking game, and none of them were very good

There's two discs worth of music, my dude. Almost all of it is cutscene music.

Long and boring, but the tone and atmosphere are pretty cool.

I'll try it then.I like the designs

Shion is cute

I currently started playing the first game (while owning all three) for the first time, and I agree with a lot of points here. There are a lot of cutscenes. A lot. It's almost more movie than it is game. The atmosphere is nice, and the plot (at least so far...) isn't half bad. Important characters actually have personalities and character development.

If you enjoy the stat side of turn based RPGs, you will enjoy it. I enjoy the actual fights, and the Boost mechanics are a nice touch. The biggest problem i've had is traversing the actual overworld, but that might just be me. When you basically don't have a map for anything, it's very easy to dick about for a long period of time before getting to where you need to go, especially when the dialogue doesn't help too often with finding your destination. If your sense of direction is shit in games, it's a whole other level here.

That being said, it's been worth what i've played, but i'm sure as shit not going to finish it anytime soon.

Attached: 1321398471911.gif (540x259, 1.91M)

Xenosaga 3 > 1 >2
They are amazing, deep and engaging games and can shatter your beliefs. Combat is fun, difficulty is just right and they've got a nice balance between earnest philosophical overtones and weeb shit/cute girls

Attached: ce82703f15b0a.jpg (2174x2560, 510K)

The first game is good but the gameplay is just okay and battles are very slow. The second game is a nightmare and I hate it but at least it's short compared to the others. The third game is unironically a masterpiece.

I really enjoyed 1 and 3 (especially 1,) but they aren't for everyone. They are extremely slow-paced, story-heavy games. The combat isn't bad, but it's not especially remarkable either.

Xenosaga 2 is more heavily flawed. The developers tried to do something innovative with the combat, and did a very poor job of it. The plot also barely goes anywhere, because the game spends a ridiculous amount of time on flashback scenes and such.

Recently finished a playthrough of the trilogy.

Story wise, the trilogy set out to tackle some interesting topics and concepts, promising a developed sci-fi world and Characters. Sadly, in my opinion, it fails to deliver truly satisfying conclusions to a lot of the things it set out to do in the beginning. The characters, despite the amount screentime they receive, lack any real depth and operate only via their most basic caricature personas most of the time. The seemingly dense political sfi-fi world doesn't translate to much interesting explorations of societal changes or interesting political intrigue ( Halfway through the second game a secondary villain shows up and just takes over the galaxy parliament equivalent, no plans or intrigue, just a cutcsene of - Ha ha, I had my men run into a couple of rooms and gun down politicians).

Though Honestly that may had to do with the change of the director, as the first game actually tried visibly building the world, now that I think about it. Small scenes where characters discuss the preferences of attending concerts in real life versus their VR equivalent or like the small detail that all of structures in the game's world are made by nanomachine's and because of the mistakes in their code, they create unneeded corridors with dead ends or closed off secret areas.

The problem in my opinion is that the world building kinda disappears till the third game and then it's relegated to reading wikipedia entries inside the game.

In the end though, the games deliver a satisfying enough conclusion to most of the main plot-lines of the trilogy. You don't leave with a feeling of complete disappointment, however you do leave with a feeling of unfulfilled potential of scope what he initial game seemed to promise.

Too bored by 1 to try the others. I played on the ps2 when it was released so it was loading screen hell padded with unskippable, dubbed cutscenes.

Attached: 1540391621450.jpg (506x609, 63K)

Does Xenosaga have anything as bad as Xenogears disc 2?

Xenosaga 2

The same creator originally planned it to be 6 games but it got cut short to 3.

The third game actually salvages it well and wraps things up properly unlike xenogears disk 2.

FACT: Only incels dislike Shion.

I haven't played XS3 yet but everyone is saying that is better than the first. XS2 got a massive overhaul in the gameplay it might aswell be an entirely different game and it definitely turned me off instantly. It was hard to get hang of the system at first, but it was kinda fun once I realized how to exploit it. Also the story was a lot worse than the first game. Music was still brilliant and both composers did a really good job youtube.com/watch?v=HACADr823oU Also I'm a big fan of Yuki Kajiura. At least it isn't very long so you won't be stuck playing it for a long time which is a plus.

Having said that, I still feel like I enjoyed it more than Xenogears disc 2.

Should i play xenosaga, star ocean 2 or phantasy star portable 2

I bought Xenosaga 1 when it came out and my distinct memory of it is thinking "these are the longest cutscenes I've seen in my entire fucking life"

3 fixes most of the gameplay flaws, but you need to play through two shitty games to get to it. It just isn't worth it. I barely understood shit, so it made me feel like an idiot. I'm still butthurt about this.

Albedo is a great villain.

What is this aesthetic called?

cute sexy robutt

I have a new fetish

>Like anyone with taste
>Tominotards have taste

Star Ocean 2 is my favorite out of those three.

Is there a translation in progress for 1&2?

If it's a movie game, wouldn't it be better to just watch it on YouTube?

What do you mean? They've been released in English years ago

Delet this

Attached: 1455909458202.webm (960x720, 1.74M)

>gnosis wiping out world after world rapidly
>each faction is too busy trying to out scheme or kill each other to do anything about it
>don't even bother with temporary truce when they show up
>instead continue fighting while they wreck both your fleets
Seriously, dozens of effective weapons get made, but they're always wasted on dumb schemes. KOS-MOS outdated, guess that means she needs to be trashed! Fuck having two effective weapons. Wow, this mech is amazing, I'm God now, faggots.

Maybe it gets better, but so far 0079 is fucking awful and if Tomino is considered great because of that shitshow then it proves Japan has awful taste

You're playing a dangerous game kid, you better back off.

Attached: 1537725721207.webm (960x720, 2.19M)

>Patlabor
>Tomino
I'm a /m/an like yourself but never understood the praise Gundam gets, although Silent Voice is a fantastic song

I don't have an abundance of 'delete this' style webms of mechs pulling out guns, give me a break. They can't all be from Tomino shows.

Attached: 1543904835641.webm (1246x720, 2.94M)

>He played the inferior version

based and five starpilled

I don't know if this is awesome or retarded.

Whats the difference?What are you talking about?

Why do the mechs have gay ass high heels?

Being both awesome and retarded is how mecha operates, it's the best

Hugest case of wasted potential in the history of videogames.
It could have surpassed Xenogears, but the troubles with the development turned it into a butchered mess.
Literally, the VersusXIII/XV of the Xeno franchise

Attached: Xeno Series.jpg (3352x968, 267K)

The DS game.

Fuck off barneyfag

Can't it be both?

Attached: GGG2.webm (480x360, 2.91M)

The Xenosaga card game is amazing. I just wished it had more of a card hunting aspect to it where you can play various characters in the game to win cards, like FF8. Big missed opportunity. Also you can cheese your way through the entire game with mechs.

/m/en, what is this meme from IBO I think of a character running with ridiculous proportions?

That movie had such a catch song
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8bczl-TlM

SOOOO FAAAAR AWWWAAAAY

I still can't believe it turned out that bad. I even took a week vacation from my job to play it. I've never been so hyped for a game just to have my soul crushed within the first few hours.

Not that guys, but he's talking about the Japanese-only DS version.
xenosaga.fandom.com/wiki/Xenosaga_I_&_II

Attached: 1515150403884.gif (160x160, 178K)

I still think Kajiura's best work is EP3. So many good tracks.

Xenogears is a slugfest, not Xenosaga

Xenosaga trilogy is the best xeno game

Nah it's more like youtu.be/x_5DzCdYE-I

youtube.com/watch?v=AQuPNh4d6Uo

What did they call the super robot in Saga again? I recall it being like a summon from Final Fantasy.

Is xenosaga considered /m/?

>you'll never live in Fifth Jerusalem
youtube.com/watch?v=TioQJoZ8Cco

>Are mechas /m/
Hm I don't know user, good question

It's literally a Mecha anime on top of being a game.

Attached: [Exiled-Destiny]_Xenosaga_Ep12_(ED97AA5E).mkv_snapshot_03.39.583.png (640x480, 617K)

Maybe it's too ontopic.

So.... How op is KOS-MOS?

Attached: 1421711629041.jpg (429x553, 78K)

Good point, we need some more Yea Forums nonsense in here
>Fucking XenoSJWsaga
>Women doing things. Lmao agenda pushing
>Male genocide
>White genocide
>Goobergaberz

She's a character in Super Robot Taisen: Original Generations: Mugen no Frontier

I didn't know. Apologies.

Played 3 hours of 1 and HOLY SHIT I was bored. Does it improve?

>spend the entire game killing little girl clones
>get a happy ending in which you get to live forever inside your brother

Attached: 1202675042814.jpg (425x328, 48K)

Attached: gsdx_20170831184546.jpg (7680x4320, 3.39M)

She killed billions

I finished replaying ep1
now im starting 2 again and its such a slog and I hate the new combat system. im never gonna make it to ep3 am I? Ive done this ep1 to 2 cycle for 2 times now.

Just look up the cutscenes and skip the game

I just recently finished replaying the trilogy myself. Just remember that the main story in ep2 is super short, despite how much of a drag it can feel.

>3
>best gameplay
It speaks a lot about the kind of people who plays these games.

Xenosaga III is the very definition of Kino, but Yea Forums will tell you otherwise. Also dat Kajiura top tier soundtrack. XSIII alone is worth going through XSI and XSII. It's probably one of the best jRPG of the PS2 era.

Attached: 306b31ce1dd7ddf4c349017e0b9a5b7c.jpg (960x720, 422K)

never.
I will get through it but while I can go through first game with 100% focus the 2nd one is like an hour gameplay sessions and then I turn the game off next save point. its just missing something 1st had.

>That moment in XS3 where you fight !Weltall

Attached: 1548371014831.jpg (1115x1600, 466K)

Best Xeno game

Should have just been a VN with playable segments

I like them, sort of. I like the ideas more than the presentation. I was really excited about the first one because I knew very little of the story and just had a vague idea of the setting and characters. The more the story was fleshed out, the less I liked the games. Characters like Albedo were insufferable, and the ending twist, if you want to call it that, was just fucking stupid. Mary Magdalene? Are you out of your fucking mind? Not to mention, Shion got bitchier and bitchier until she straight up turns her back on her loyal allies who had been with her through thick and thin. These elements really tainted what could have been a great series. Also, the anime adaptation sucked big time.

Attached: wall_4.jpg (1024x768, 205K)

An important piece of the story is in a mobile game that never escaped japan

First game is simple but interesting, great way to kill time and chill after work while having a drink. Always have to drop the series during the second game though because holy shit everything about it is so fucking terrible, the writing is inconsistent, the pacing makes no sense, the battle system tried to be interesting but is some how more of a chore, the new VAs are ass. I mean holy fuck they really fucked up with that game.

Xenosaga 2 was so awful because Bamco made the team behind Xenogears and Xenosaga 1 work on a different project and passed it off to a bunch of newer developers, and the newer developers unironically only had 2 pages summarizing what the original developer/writer wanted the story to go.

There's a remake on the Nintendo DS (Xenosaga 1&2) that revises the story and presents it more consistently and in line with the original vision while still linking up to Xenosaga 3.

I heard its best to skip playing the second game in the trilogy and just watch the cut scenes online. Is this advice worth following?

Attached: index.jpg (171x294, 5K)

>Removing Takahashi from his own baby project when he's the central pillar of everything
Namco's upper management back then should've been burned. It's their fault entirely.

Attached: Mad Pyra.jpg (421x422, 73K)

Youtubing games is a zoomer thing to do. Do you want to be called a zoomer? XSII is not that good, but it's barely a 35h game. It's done in an extended weekend.

I don't think so. It's playable. Maybe a little tedious, but they're all tedious games. I enjoyed 2, for what it was. Really liked the snowy encephalon levels.

Takahashi has problems managing his own work anyway, so he is not free from blame. The only complete and well paced game he has ever made is Xenoblade 1.

Takahashi is too ambitious and doesn't know his limits, but considering how large and successful Monolith Soft are, I hope he tries to tackle something like Xenogears and Xenosaga again.
There's glimpses of it in Xenoblade 2 but it's still very much a shonen game.

I'm just worried because I remember him saying earlier this decade that he feels like he's lost his touch.

>If your sense of direction is shit in games
I'm fucked

It's Soraya combined with Takahashi that made Xenogears and Xenosaga so good. She's not involved with any of the Xenoblade games officially. Takahashi's the idea guy and Soraya's the person who actually polishes those ideas and makes them good.

But she's still Takahashi's wife so I'm sure they probably brainstorm ideas at home.

For as inconsistent as it is, it's still one of my favorite series. I want a damn HD remake. Just use the character models from Episode III in all 3 games and we're golden.

This; and especially, incorporate the whole missing parts of the story, including Pied Piper and A Missing Year

Attached: right.jpg (329x566, 57K)

>I'm just worried because I remember him saying earlier this decade that he feels like he's lost his touch.
Apparently he was confused with all the praise XC1's story had gotten so maybe that made him question if he was actually still able to tell the stories he really wanted to do. Either way, a game like Xenogears would take way too much time and money, which Nintendo aren't willing to provide seeing how Xenoblade 2's production went.

There's a dungeon somewhat early in the game where you only have Shion so you get like triple EXP because you're solo. If you grind there, your other characters will join back later at the same level as Shion which makes the rest of the game a breeze.

>love xenogears and the xenoblades to death
>no ps2 and pc is too much of a toaster to emulate
>ds fantranslation never

Attached: YpihicyVMs3F7Xaud1N4LNGSTEoDCJdhETQzB7yvnK6KZfw3ys6B8kzTPQffZPi3unxYqBe8JcwDmVunRe35wTV78jx7MBu3HBXL (603x407, 131K)

i played all 3 games on a PS2 emulator back in the late 00s, ten years ago. my pc was shit so the framerate was like 20fps and at times it dropped to 5fps. still played through the entire trilogy. it's that good. then I got a chipped ps2 and i played through the trilogy again

My man. I chipped my EU PS2 so I could play Xenosaga I, then II. By the time III released, my PS2 was dead, so I had to emulate Xenosaga III on what was PCSX2 back then in 2007, and with my old ass C2Duo e4300 I overclocked through hell. Worked well enough, besides some hugeass fps drops when mechs were involved.

Attached: 01.jpg (301x269, 76K)

Episode 2 destroyed the fandom over 50% of the people I know that loved the franchise at the time dropped the series because 2 was so fucking awful.

Attached: 1154170180448.jpg (600x827, 80K)

>Shion is BAD because she BETRAYED her team!!!!!!!

Attached: zoom zoom.png (211x239, 9K)

I played through the games as they released. It was a lot of fun being part of the community and speculating on the plot and what would happen in the sequel. I remember Xenosaga 3 had a database for character bios, explanations of terms and stuff like that that was full of spoilers; when the demo came out, people datamined it and found all the database entries and spoiled the whole thing before the game came out.

Xenosaga 1: Space opera weebkino
Xenosaga 2: Ruins the whole thing
Xenosaga 3: Tries to salvage the series but the damage is already done

everytime the mechs used a special i would go to the kitchen to refill my tea cup Lel. When I got back it hadnt finished yet

Masterpiece.

This

>Yuki Kajiura ost

Shion is unironically one of the best written female protagonists in the medium.

> wants to end everything in existence just to ride the dick of her dead boyfriend who groomed her stupid ass at a young age still sided with him after knowing this
is there a bigger chad in fiction than Kevin

is it normal to not remember absolutely anything about the story? Should I worry?

Kevin = Chad
Shion = Stacy
Allen = Virgin
Allen getting Shion at the end = The delusion of the virgin devs

>>Shion is BAD because she progressively turned from likable slightly tomboy-ish scientist to an unbearable perpetually menstruated frigid bitch
fixed

Attached: serveimage.jpg (240x210, 8K)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>progressively

Being well-written doesn't inherently make you enjoyable. She's not an enjoyable character, which is a pretty big fault since she's the protagonist.

Being a bitch out of some soap opera doesn't make you a good character.

She cuck Allen in next games ... oh wait ... this is why we don't get new games.

2 is the shittier link in the trilogy but still playable, 3 is what makes everything worth the while

>Land on Second Militia
>Shion's personality does a complete 180° (as does her physical appearace)
Yeah that's some real good writing

Attached: 1539911704152.png (794x872, 278K)

>2 is the shittier link in the trilogy but still playable
2 is absolutely not playable, I can deal with a lot of shit but it's way too long to be so shit.

>2 is absolutely not playable
but I played it to completion

But I enjoyed Shion. She is only a bitch when there's anything involving Kevin.
She is fine.

Fucking loved Episode 3

Attached: 1288495604992.jpg (3413x4484, 1.25M)

Why did Shion make KOSMOS so hot?

I managed to play through the entirety of Xenosaga on a shitty AMD dual core in 2010, your PC can't be that shit

Actually Kevin did

Cute homely Shion is best Shion

Attached: pcsx2 2018-10-25 01-18-59.jpg (770x1077, 229K)

That doll face

Attached: 1542158696912.jpg (1216x1214, 323K)

pleb

Attached: zeta bridge.gif (180x135, 1.28M)

It wasn't that long. 2 is the Max Payne 3 of the trilogy. A complete change in tone and presentation. Gameplay was still improved over the first one.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-03 14-45-41.jpg (2880x1287, 551K)

Typical Tominofag response. Not even that user and I love mecha, but Tomino is a terrible director and writer. The only good things to come out of his shows are Char and a little bit of interesting worldbuilding.

It's good but also cursed. You can see the dreams the developers had of making something much larger.
The tragedy of Xenosaga is that you can see that it didn't just have potential, it could have been the fucking unstoppable hands down best series in the fucking genre to this day. But it wasn't. It's just good, but also fucked.

what's this from?

But the cutscenes are like the biggest part of the game. You gotta experience the ps2 versions, preferrably on emulator so you can turbospeed the boring ass dungeons and battles in 1 and 2.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-10 00-29-11.jpg (2880x1620, 810K)

Whenever this gets posted I half dont want to tell anyone lest they ruin my favorite series if it gets popular. But the games are fantastic, amazing for their time. By today's standards probably not so much, but the fact it had such good looking cutscenes without using CGI was pretty impressive. Low loadtimes too. The world is expansive and theres a ton of optional extra reading in the in game libraries if you want more backstory and detail about different characters and regions.

Games are very loosely based on the bible, take place in space, involve synthetic human slaves full of blood that just want to help, and and aliens that phase into reality from the imaginairy number domain to turn sinners into pillars of salt.

Attached: IMG_3316.jpg (1200x874, 274K)

It's amazing how well these games HD-ify just through supersampling.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-12-21 21-36-58.jpg (1312x1640, 517K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8KX9L6YkA78

Abel's Ark was pure kino

I'm playing them on pal ps2 right now using fmcb. pretty baffled that these never got a pal release aside from fucking episode 2 of all the games. what were they thinking?

Another part in the shitshow of the development of this series is the english dub.

By some sheer luck or something the dub for Ep 1 is actually really good. Then Ep 2 came out and they replaced 2/3 of the actors with new people. To me it was a worse dub so I switched to the undub versions. Then Ep 3 comes out and they replace 1/3 of the actors from Ep 2 again but get actors from Ep 1 as well so Ep 3 is 1/3 OG actors, 1/3 Ep 2 actors and 1/3 new actors. Such a complete clusterfuck.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-07 00-42-48.jpg (2880x1205, 530K)

Five Star Stories

>playing the dub
Your fault.

I intend to replay it all once I get my new Zen 2 build, once it's out. I know Intel is the best when it comes to emulators, I hope PCSX2 works well enough, but I guess I shouldn't worry too much, even of not optimal, something from today's standards should still be a beast.

Also, user who emulated it recently, do widescreen UI elements to replace the original ones exists, or did you have to play all stretched?

Attached: 1550357060459.webm (720x396, 2.51M)

I feel privileged that Im playing undub versions for all the games and the VAs stay the same on all games (except maybe rubedos VA changing in 2 but I cant tell If I'm just mishearing)

Dude, I had the weirdest man crush on Canaan back in the day. I don't know why.

>be super soldier in wartime
>war is over, return to civilian life
>can't fit in anymore after killing so many people
>in a fit of anger and soldier's reflex end up killing someone
>sent to trial and sentenced to forced personality reprogramming via nanomachines and drugs
>his defense lawyer feeling sympathetic to your condition marries and tried to rehabiliate him
>life is good
>oneday discovers his wife had been having an affair
>find out she only married him in order to get a license so she could clone herself and have a child
>as she berates him, he snaps and kills her
>at trial again, forced into higher level personality reprogramming
>human rights revoked and now in the same class as realiens (synthetic human slaves)
>for a time the conditioning works, and life is happy again
>encounter young girl that looks familiar
>its the clone of his wife
>she utters one word "garbage"
>the rage returns and strangle the life out of her

Attached: 1549174042895.jpg (800x450, 55K)

story: X2 >> X1 >> X3
gameplay: X2 >> X3 >> X1
characters: X3 >> X2 >> X1
soundtrack: X2 >> X1 >>X3

Meanwhile in japanland a voice actors sticks with the character no matter what sort of shitty project they get put into. They'll do the drama cd, the web series, the kfc commercial no questions asked.

I don't know of any UI replacements but it's bearable, not great but not horrible.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-10-25 00-31-20.jpg (1920x1080, 708K)

>Missing out on Crispin Freeman doing his trademarked Sundowner/Alucard laugh
Albedo was a fucking riot in XS1
youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk

Should i watch the anime first?

Another thing you didn't mention: The censorship
The main ones I remember being
Ep1: Albedo cutting his head off with a knife is too violent, so instead, he rips it off with his bare hand which ends up looking much more violent and playing up his crazy personality. Also, they REMOVED a shadow obscuring his decapitated head, so the game is gorier than the Japanese version.
Also Ep1: Albedo opens a magic "portal" inside MOMO's chest and reaches in. Some retards though this looked as if he was molesting her chest (even though his whole fucking arm is going THROUGH her chest), so they replaced it so he just does some magic thing above her face
Ep2: Albedo blowing his head off with a gun was too violent. Now he blows it off with a magic orb.
Ep3: There's a scene where Shion tries to catch the blood falling from a corpse and pour it back on the corpse. In the English version, they removed the blood, but they didn't change the dialogue or Shion's action. You have absolutely no idea what the fuck Shion is doing unless you know there was originally blood pouring in the scene.

You should never watch that godawful abomination.

No, the anime was terrible. You can't fit XSI in 12 episodes. You just can't. The only good thing that came out of the anime is the ED song. And also it does have that strange yet charming "coming out of the 90's but going on in the 00's" art style, but

Attached: 1552824413508.png (1000x1457, 2.23M)

that's whack

Story: X1 >> X3 >> X2
gameplay: X3 >> X2 >> X1
characters: X1 >> X3 >> X2
soundtrack: X2 >> X1 == X3

anime is a retelling of Episode 1 with some minor changes to the story. So no.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-06 20-56-20.jpg (2880x1624, 338K)

Do i need to play any other games to understand xenosaga?

No

Not at all. There's a wiki ingame in episode 1 and 3 that are full of all the info you need.

Dunno.

Attached: 1538096012546.gif (400x240, 832K)

the undubs actually rip and resub the japanese cutscene videos so you get the uncensored stuff.

The washed-up dregs of Xenogears' origin story turned into a lame scifi soap opera. Skip it.

Did Kevin KNOW what Mary looked like or did he JUST HAPPEN to make her vessel look exactly like her?

>a lame scifi soap opera
But that's also Xenogears.

Wasn't he using her genetic material so he could have simulated what she'd look like or some sci fi shit like that.

Xenogears didn't have one of its most important character moments be a crushing coworker and a not-so-dead ex-fiance arguing over who the main girl should get with.

Erde Kaiser
Erde Kaiser Black
Erde Kaiser Sigma

>tfw the series is a deep pit of insane terms, references and philosophical babble.

It's so sad how XBC and on are so much more kid friendly and more casualized. Xenosaga and Xenogears are some wild stories.

Attached: Domain.png (556x481, 106K)

Look at some pics from Dead or Alive 2.
I don't know why, but I like it as well.

You want some creepy doll faces?

Attached: pcsx2 2018-10-22 22-04-51.jpg (1920x1080, 288K)

Navel gazey bullshit does not make for a good story.

Get the fuck out, really? Someone has good taste in action games

looks better than the down syndrome shion in xs2 at least

Attached: 1542748599471.png (1702x1974, 3.72M)

For some reason Ziggy has 3D pecs in that cutscene. His in-game model doesn't, the pecs are just a texture. I know using better models for cutscenes was common in that era, but most cutscenes use the 2D pecs model anyway. Don't know why they did that.

I FUCKING LOVE XENOSAGA
seeing how many posts are in this thread I have a hard time believing you all played the trilogy but whatever

Attached: CSsVRAkWwAEVsh5.jpg (1280x1024, 160K)

That naming scheme did not originate from Ninja Gaiden.

Well, really, you only PLAY a third of it. The rest is just reading and watching a stupid plot.

That's literally the theme of the series m8. There's all this crazy political conflict, omniscient religious deities and world ending bullshit but the story always sticks with the character's drama and their inner feelings. Did you even play the game? Story is about understanding why a god or an advanced robot like KOS-MOS should give a shit about humans and their human bullshit.

Attached: xs1.jpg (1920x921, 185K)

Found all three for a reasonable price, so I'm gonna go through it all once the semester wraps

I'm criticizing the theme, not saying I don't understand it. The character drama is lame and awkward.

the Gnosis scared the shit outta me as a kid. Is this series worth going back and revisiting? I only played the first game but I enjoyed it

fair enough, but I completely disagree.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-09 14-33-15-1.jpg (1379x1724, 436K)

It's tough to recommend this series to anyone due to the incredibly slow and boring dungeons and combat in 1 and 2. But the world and story are so huge and ambitious that the series is also something any sci-fi game fan should experience.

How should they go about remastering the games. A complete remake with new everything or a remaster with an updated combat system? Obviously we can't have Monolith themselves doing the remake but I really hope the games get rereleased in some way sometime.

Attached: DPm90Py.gif (398x237, 970K)

Like, how am I supposed to take Allen seriously by that scene in XS3 when he spends the better part of 1 and 2 being a butt monkey in a bunch of cringy off-moment scenes? The guy's a fucking putz and seeing him getting into some love triangle spat with Kevin's bitch-ass was eye-roll inducing. And then there's Shion's daddy issues making up a very large chunk of XS3's cutscenes, which was its own can of worms.

xenosaga is boring and has really bad "philosophically compelling" storytelling. i didn't even play xenosaga 2. i didn't even know there was a 3. the music isn't great, despite what all the fans say.i think the general reason people liked it at the time is because of the baby philosophy matched their 10-20something capacity for existential thought, and the setting was relatively fresh for a jrpg.

what is gif related from

Endless Frontier

Same story here. Ridiculous that you have to save halfway through a cutscene because it's literally 45 minutes to an hour long. I managed to get through the first one and rather enjoyed it (after hating it the first time and waiting five years before trying again), but the second was... I don't even remember what it was exactly but my desire to continue died.

You just know they fucked up when Episode 1 is this slow, introspective, space opera with philosophical elements and then in the first 15 minutes of Episode 2 you get a 5 minute katana swordfight between an ancient samurai warrior and a cyborg ninja.

The only game with ridiculously long cutscenes is xs1

I love this argument. Muh video game story isn't as deep as a 1000 page philosphical novel whose only purpose is the pondering of philosophical themes.

The game is already dense enough with nonsense terms and references.

Xenogears disc 2 is better than anything Xenosaga has to offer.

>tfw boob knife is canon
Takahashi, you've done it again!

Attached: pcsx2 2018-12-26 18-18-12.jpg (1280x1024, 151K)

Xenogears disk 2 was the best part of the game. Everything else was a slog.

Mecha musume

shevat and solaris were both kino though

Is Xenosaga's mecha content good?

Why do people complain about long cutscenes in a jRPG when Metal Gear back then was like that as well, which is worse since it's an action game?

Attached: 1490202674652.png (488x470, 258K)

In 1 they're bad, in 2 and 3 they improved it a lot.

Yeah, I too love watching important plot points get summarized in slide shows!

that wasn't my argument. my argument was that the story was a bad chaotic facsimile of the philosophies it poaches. similar to the second half of evangelion.

oh so you're retarded, ok

Nowadays Yea Forums has memed me into the kiseki series, and dear god does that series have dialogue after dialogue of superfluous flavour text as a main story. Makes xenosaga and other cinematic games look like a joke in comparison.
He's arguing about a story that he has barely scratched the surface of. Of course he's retarded.

are they any good?

and it's not some VN tier slide show cutscenes, Xenosaga has fully animated and voiced cutscenes with a full orchestral score and cinematic direction. The quality was unprecedented back in those days and it still holds up in many ways.

Super comfy and a lot of sidecontent. Some of the games get super edgy and corny though. I recommend starting from the beginning if you're into slow jrpgs.

The latest Kiseki is so fucking ridiculous (30+ party members, and 50+ important story characters) that you get 2 hour long cutscenes and a huge chunk of it is wasted on most of the characters adding their pointless opinions about events.

Attached: Kiseki laughing cedric.jpg (4096x2880, 480K)

What is the best way to emulate the Xenosaga series? I know there are some issues with the saving in some places in Episode I when using PCSX2. Any suggestions on either a better emulator OR a way to make the series emulate better on PCSX2??

Bring on the orbal Skype conversations.

PCXS2 is pretty much the only PS2 emulator worth a damn - imperfect as it is.

They emulate just fine with PCSX2, there are some tweaks that help and it's a bit of a pain to find out what works but after that it should be smooth. Just use save states instead of the in-game save, there's a list of which save points will crash the game if you really want to use them.

Attached: pcsx2 2018-11-09 14-40-37.jpg (2880x1620, 721K)

Project X Zone

my bad. It looked like EF at a glance but the HP bar shows that it's PxZ

Awesome! Thank you.

story: X1 >> X2 >> X3
gameplay: X1 = X3 > X2
characters: X1 > X2 >> X3
soundtrack: X1 = X3 >> X2
also,
graphics: X3 >> X2 >> X1
chara: X3 >> X2 >> X1
mecha: X2 = X3 >> X1
voices: X3 > X1 >> X2