Sekiro Help Thread : How the fuck does he see me edition

Fuck this thing

Attached: FuckYou.jpg (640x360, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Mushin Esoteric Text
powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-how-to-get-all-endings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fug I can't cheese this faggot

Attached: 20190324023515_1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.65M)

that's where I stopped playing today.

It took.me a minute to figure out what that is what the fuck settings are you playing on is this a cellphone camera Jesus Christ

man, the bull is fucking bullshit.

what the fuck is a taro persimmon.
i know you get it from completing Sloth's questline, but what the fuck does it do

Yeah I'm stuck here too. Got the mortal blade and everything but fuck this stupid nigga. I don't like getting my guts ripped out my ass.

There's one for each candy

Damn he thick lmao

with the stealth upgrade i was able to backstab him right as the dog's indicator turned yellow.
got a free bead

It's like a das2 brightbug

>ABUNAI attack
>I know it's a sweep
>still press circle
>get wrecked, obviously
I am not smart.

Attached: 1544148237781.png (600x616, 675K)

I honestly have no idea where I "should" be going. I realize I can do shit in whatever order but the bosses I have available to me right now are
>Lady Butterfly
>Some samurai dude in the attic of the castle
>Snake eyes in Ashina Depths
>Seven Spears
>Headless
>Also I'm sure there's a path I've neglected to check down

Remember to drink water and eat some persimmon. Avoid the sake and ungo sugars.

The "Path" is to try to get to Ashina castle first so typically you'd fight everything leading up to Genichiro and then eventually you'll be sent off to those areas anyways

Beat the guy in the attic and then go up to the roof and beat the boss there. That's a big story moment and then you'll know exactly where to go.

Any tips for O'rin of the Water?

Are there actually enough scales to buy everything? I'm dumb as hell and bought everything besides that blue upgrade material. I only have like 4/6 so I'm missing at least 8 of them and I can't see me having missed so many. I've gone back to every pool I could think of to search for fish...

Where do I get more persimmons for rice loli?
Are there any hidden bosses?
Where's the left half of the mask and what do I do with it?
What changes if you don't betray Owl?
What are the serpent viscera for?

>tfw keep getting mad at my own stupidity but manage to get better as a result
The rage is my home. In it, I thrive and persevere.

friendly reminder to redirect your anger into something constructive, like beating this game. We'll all make it, lads

Attached: [autism intensifies].webm (700x394, 2.31M)

Learn her pattern because it's floaty and wierd
Once you have it down, use confetti

Literally only his bell slam can hit you which can be side stepped..

if you beat the guy in the attic, you unlock a shortcut to a big story boss.
if you want to go the long way, near the two samurais downstairs is a screen, cleave it in twain and fight a bunch of nightjar losers to get to the same place.
but iaijutsu guy is real easy once you get the timing and spam fireworks

So is O'rin one of the enemies where you have to use the dodge slash because her posture comes back so stupidly fast?

Panic reactions man, they're hard to overcome. Same.

Don't attack her, only parry by mashing L1. Counter her sweep by jumping off her head for huge posture damage. She'll let you parry her to death with zero effort.

Everytime I get mad outside of a boss it's because I forget I'm a ninja and not the chosen undead.

whoa confetti works on her? i just postured her out with a constant offense.

I wiped for about an hour straight on her today. You just got to learn to deflect her shit until she breaks posture. Only do one or two attacks at a time when youre safe.

>What changes if you don't betray Owl?
>What are the serpent viscera for?
Different endings.
>Are there hidden bosses
Yes
>Left half of the mask
Dunno, but the completed mask let's you spend skill points to boost attack
>Persimmons
I know you can buy one or two from at least one merchant

QUICK, how do you land a deathblow on the corrupted monk during his mist illusion phase? I've seen it done in videos but don't know how myself. I know it has something to do with the tree branches

>Browsing at work
>Everyone hypes up Burning Bull
>Get to him
>Panic, die
>Second attempt, have a level head
>Beat him without even using half my sips
Is this some fucking meme I'm too old to understand or something? Of all the bosses that have kicked my ass he was by a wide margin the easiest. I died more to the spear guy in the flashback.

I'm stuck on her too and I've never managed to kill a Headless so I might as well learn this now. What the fuck does confetti even do? I don't really notice a difference when I use it.

I think it's my Souls muscle memory.

>try to jump on a dude
>jump away

Started a new game, 1 shot everything (except purple ninja in memory which took 2) up to the snake, where is the hidden NPC that gets locked out?

He's really easy if you do him right. Just kite him with sprinting around a fairly narrow circle, so that he runs a bit without doing sharp turns. Then when he stops for a second, hit him a few times and sprint backwards and to the side a bit. Rinse and repeat.
Actually sprinting away may be the most effective way to dodge his attacks. Also try to block when you're inevitably being hit, it will reduce incoming damage by like 90%. Will still get you burned though

Yes, she's a ghost after all. Or did you think the SPOOKS were normal?

How the fuck do I jump of her head?

Boosts your dmg and poise dmg vs them, sometimes negates special abilities. It's basically an anti undead sword buff

where do you buy more divine confetti? corrupted monk seems to take no damage without it

jump and then jump again when her unblockable sweep pops up

i've never seen japanese women, maybe they phase in and out of reality a bunch

Where do I get a THICC boi to send to the thief merchant?

There isn't one, he was baiting
Jump then jump again while close to enemy. You need a vault ability to jump over them but you can. Jump kick by default

By jumping then pressing jump while over her. Like a wall kick. Have you not been doing this? It's the counter for sweep attacks, it does extra posture damage after a sweep.

Attached: 2B0D7C73-2C5E-46FA-86D9-690432B9ECCA.png (249x244, 132K)

You get an item that unlocks more shit at the shops eventually... I don't remember if you have to kill the monk to get that item or not though

>Level head
You have to remember not everyone is capable of keeping calm

Being calm helped me beat lightning genichiro first try.

Notice how every single boss there's someone talking about how they got their shit wrecked? Different people play differently, some styles get wrecked harder by certain bosses.

Mount Kongo, there's a guy to your right but you need a red and white pinwheel

Just killed the flaming bull, which way do I fucking go now?

Straight ahead past the memory? To the right? To the bridge on the left?

Attached: 814380_20190324022110_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.42M)

Get the spear, Einstein.

Gotta say stabbing the snake in the eye felt a lot more satisfying that I thought it'd be.
Fuck I'm loving this game so far. Feels like a really cool adventure with a lot of curveballs that put you off balance.

What the fuck is the point of having all these skills when they're completely fucking useless/impractical on bosses. This is the same shit that happened with nioh. The game forces you to just use standard r1 spam.
>inb4 some faggot lying on an anonymous imageboard says he actually uses them on bosses
No you dont.

Attached: 1552901649167.png (478x456, 407K)

after you beat corrupted monk a merchant sells it :^)
not kidding though. try strafing to her left (your right) and damaging her vit a bit in order to get her posture to build up more, fireworks work wonders on her as well

I can't seem to get good at this game. I feel like I've been playing wrong this entire time since each boss takes me about 30 tries. Should I parry or dodge bosses? Should I play aggressively or defensively?

Go to the castle my mans, straight ahead

Wait what? You got a bead from beating him? All I got was a material to upgrade prosthetic tool

Attached: sekiro2.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

Even straight ahead is a maze. Just take your time.

I CANT FUCKING PARRY
I CANT BEAT HORSEMAN FUCKER
I CANT BEAT THE DRUNKARD
I CANT BEAT THE SAMURAI IN THE COURTYARD

FUCK FUCK FUCK

Attached: 1548028685481.png (486x446, 177K)

At least tell me where the hidden boss is, fucker.

Attached: japBait.png (600x600, 93K)

whoever decided to put that swordsman in the well should be fucking crucified. i love being able to NOT FUCKING SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING BECAUSE THE CAMERA IS INSIDE THE WALL.

double overhead slash out of the tengu skills is amazing on stunned bosses, recovers posture and does great damage when charged up.

do the dying guy and old woman ever do anything?

From what I remember they just grappled up and then jumped down onto him.

The whirl one absolutely owns the elite samurai boss, and the first move in the Ashina tree gains you posture so it's ideal for posture tanking tough enemies like Owl or Seven Spears. Mortal Draw does damage through guards. Git gud.

You can shuriken the dogs from the gate roof (undetected, surprisingly), then circle around and backstab him.

They give you the bell and then they fuck off forever

I used the umbrella when the ape king threw poo at me.
I used mist feather a lot with genichiro. Made that shit so easy.
Use oil + flame vent with chained ogre.
Use loaded spear or axe for unblockable posture wreckage
Use shurikens + ninja arts to close the gap.

Seriously the problem isn't the game. It's that you're panicking at the hint of pressure.

People kept bitching about the ogre at the beginning, but that general immediately after is a much bigger pain in the ass tbqh.

after you've collected all the ingredients for the incense, go to the underground poison swamp idol where you fought one of the snake eyes.
in a wide open cave is a bossfight.
(spoilers for the precise requirements, and what the boss is)
it's the fucking ape again and his loving wife, make sure you have mortal blade so you can finish the fucker once and for all.

This game sounds more frustrating than it is fun.
Should i pass on it? Only souls game i beat is ds1

Attached: CuLIPv-WIAIfzD-.jpg (640x1136, 73K)

Mash the parry button. Just don't do it too often because your posture will grow

You have to play aggressive if you want to kill bosses in a decent time. You should use both parry and dodge but parry should be the main option at all times. Essentially, you want to ignore the actual HP bar. Yes, it's important to do damage but the bosses are much easier if you break their posture and perform a deathblow. It can be a bit different coming from other Souls games but you really have to keep the pressure on at all times.

Also come back after that for round 3

This guy is really easy.
When he puts his hand on his sword, wait like a quarter of a second, right click twice for a perfect deflect.
Do that once more and his poise will be broken.

You can beat him in like 30 seconds.

I meant the sword/martial art skills not prosthetics

Thanks for the tip of just running past the mobs near the starting area of the game to fight that spear fucker. Made me chill out more knowing I didn't have to go through killing them all. Finally got him though, so I'm happy and I'm taking my beads to insert inside of Emma.

Ichimonji: Double seems like a very good attack to me. I use it on all bosses and most enemies after deflecting/guarding their combos to get posture back and hit them. Interrupts them pretty often too. I dont care too much for the other combat arts yet.

how do you fags handle blue samurais in groups in the upper castle? One is ez. Two i stand no chance. They are recking my asshole.

can you farm snap seeds before the lady butterlfy fight? seems fucktarded to require a limited item to beat a boss

So I found a black scroll talking about a black mortal blade, what's up with that?

Attached: 1551732417912.jpg (640x360, 86K)

Where do I go from the Gun Fort?

Attached: 1536604548319.jpg (700x900, 530K)

It can get extremely frustrating but it's oh so satisfying.

Nothing more satisfying than a mikiri counter against spearfags

So many choices, man. It's killing my spirit.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 02.20.13.16.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.91M)

>fight swordsman in the well
>throw fireworks
>he's right in the middle of them
>doesn't do shit
>goes into a spinning jumpkick
>dodge so i'm behind him
>tracks 360 degrees and gets me with it anyway

if you're the kind of person who's easily frustrated at games, it's not for you. the whole 'challenge' culture that builds up around these games is a giant fucking meme. makes the game much harder.
i'm just playing the game to see the cool shit and do sweet parries and i'm breezing through it. wait 'till it's on a sale and the final verdict's out.
or just pirate it

They aren't required at all... When she summons the adds just stand behind a pillar and nothing will hit you when they fly at you

I was incredibly frustrated by it at the end of yesterday, was stuck on Drunk-ass nigga and ogre-nigga with no hope of beating them.
I had a head cold, though, and 5 hours of fever dreams later I came back and whipped up on them both. The game can be pretty rewarding, but just keep in mind there are difficulty spikes

That fight is horrible because you're in such a crammed space

I run past them

You're a ninja, stealth kill 1 then run the fuck away.

I'm specifically stuck on the Owl fight. I don't know how I managed to get this far into the game when I still can't properly parry. Even if I do parry a lot it seems like my stamina bar gets fucked over.

wish I could do the spear counter consistently, no matter how much I practice the tutorial I just can't in actual fights

Any skill worth knowing about for the Butterfly fight? Know about the shuriken thing already and to stay close to her if possible.

You dont need them to beat her. The illusions disappear after a few seconds.

yeah it's incredible — lets you decide if you wanna go for the double or not
the final combat skills at the end of the other trees are calling to me, though

Legit had an easier time just running back to the beginning of the well, where it's more crowded but the camera doesn't fuck up.
Still beat him in the main area, just try to keep away from his kicks and you'll get it
Also sneak attack his ass if you aren't already

Where do you buy more Divine Confetti?

>LONE shadow vilehand
>HE HAS A BOYFRIEND
what the fuck did miyazaki mean by this

>try to learn the timings on a boss and play strategically
>get absolutely fucked
>become frustrated
>mash r1 as fast as I possibly can
>boss dies

disappointing

Attached: 1548513339277.jpg (236x237, 10K)

you should spoiler tag, user. try to get the perfect timing on all of his attacks, especially the shuriken before he does his big slash downwards. when he does that, you can get free attacks by strafing right and around him. when he throws his bomb that prevents your items that's good for getting vit.
i don't know how to help you parry user, i learned it through revengance and DMC royalguarding.

Thanks for the tips lads, almost got her into her last lifebar. She just destroys my posture so fast, it's like you have to perfect parry or you're dead.

Party City

feels like I'm the only one on this board who really loves this game

Is this game just normal ancient Japan stuff or does t get weird and crazy like bb?

>How the fuck does he see me
He is Great Nippon and can sense your ki with his body.

You can backstab him, just move a little to the side. The bell doesn't block his entire back.

is there a fifth esoteric text?
i have the ashina text, the prosthetic one, shinobi arts, and buddhist one, but it feels like there should be more.

The game is way more cool and fun than it is frustrating. However if you're easily turned away from the challenge, you'll probably disagree.
So far I'd say it's harder than any of the soulsborne games and it's about Bloodborne level fun in exploration and style.

Where do you get the buddhist one

it involves fantasy elements too.

I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

I got to the bull fight and decided I was going to try and deflect its attacks rather than cheese the boss. I could deflect the charges but the posture damage was incredibly minimal. Am I missing something here? Or does posture dmg not go up much when deflecting? More dmg if you consecutively deflect?

Yes there is, there's a master text that you get from Tengu at the Snake Shrine but you have to master an art iirc. The arts are like combinations of the masteries from the different texts

Attached: 1546413647852.png (429x532, 117K)

If you can't buy more Divine Confetti until after the Monk, should I just beat O'rin after the Monk?

It has yokai and other kinds of monsters

Just practice, user. Trust me it takes a while to get used to it, but there's no bigger high than having a miniboss use a thrust on you and kicking his shit in with that counter.

Attached: sekiro.exe 2019.03.24 - 02.14.38.15.DVR.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

It's really fun but it has a few mini bosses at the start that really demand your all since you're still learning when you fight them, but they're completely skippable if you sneak past them.

>Wiki says to pop confetti, run up to him, and swing away
>Pop confetti
>Run up to him
>Eat sword
>TERROR

Attached: firefox_2019-02-12_03-49-58.png (764x640, 593K)

A few shitposters being vocal doesn't mean everyone here hates it

Buddhist one is at the very top of Mount Kongo

Posture damage goes up as you chip away more of it's health. This applies to every enemy. Just keep at it and don't get hit too much. This is pretty much every fight in the game.

I've found holding the button down when ever I go for a parry to be very helpful, if you messed up the timing you will still block the attack unless your were way too late.

near the main temple in senpou you run into a cave and fight a bunch of claw losers you can run out and find a little shrine that has senpou arts, the main draw in those are buffs to your sen and item drops

I think my quick item slots are bugged or something, I can't set items to them, is anyone else having this issue?

Is Genichiro or Lady Butterfly the bigger casual filter?

>Not rapidly mashing for free parries

Does Mibu Village ever get fixed like the fog by killing that Mist Demon? Because I'd hold out in killing whatever triggers it since Mibu is pretty gud for grinding Sen and Skillpoints.

Because this game kind of sucks honestly. Why stealth when you can run and jump? Why get all of these combat skills when you just spam the same shit most of the time? Why fight when you can just grapple hook all over the area?

I'm enjoying it but finding it a bit too difficult for my taste. I didn't have these many issues in the other From games.

oh fug, does that require just mastering the final combat art in a tree, or unlocking everything in one?

Spamming rapes your posture even faster than blocking

Just killed him right now after multiple failed attempts.

Deflect his charges, that'll give you a few free hits. Chase his ass and try hitting him on the back. You can deflect pretty much all of his attacks and he's easy to run away from if you need room. After a deflect, you can also use the fireworks to get a 3-4 free hits on him.

Do we ever find out what his story was? Is he a european knight? Can you ever find his son Robert?

Attached: armored_warrior.jpg (501x342, 20K)

That gets you killed against most tougher enemies since they'll have a long combo chain and your posture will be broken

I think there's a couple guys on a bridge that talk about him being put up in armor.

Doesn't really explain his story very well though.

There's some insane shit towards the end, but I wish it had more of it. Hopefully there's DLC.

This game is amazing!

Every area is amazing and fun, the moment you think you cleared the whole area it's like nope, here's more!

I'm currently at the bottom of the Underground Dungeon, I love this area, it's so creepy and kino

I don't mean if I miss it I just stand and block, I just mean holding it for a fraction of a second just in case before going for the next parry.

You have to master the final skill at the end of the skill tree

sekiroshadowsdietwice.wiki.fextralife.com/Mushin Esoteric Text

why does there have to be a blight town in EVERY from game?

Yeah I cheesed him right after I realized deflecting wouldn’t work. I just kept running behind him and getting free shots.

Tbqh I’ve basically been cheesing for hard enemies the entire game. Just jump away, chip damage, jump away, etc.

>about him being put up in armor
wut

>seems fucktarded to require a limited item to beat a boss

nigga wait until you get to notBlighttown

How many extra emblems do the skills let you carry? I don't want to spent my points on ornate only to find out it's +1.

What the fug.

Attached: loadsa money.jpg (646x818, 157K)

its valley of defilement for you dark baby

they love smashmouth

Pls respond

Lmao this nigger just said "cleave it in twain" Fuck you and your dumb ass advice, kek. Holy fuck.

Attached: 1552777091559.jpg (1079x1083, 74K)

LOADSAMONEH

>spin attack ignores enemy block for some reason
>kill everyone through health attrition
Is this the difficulty slider?

Attached: 1553382482254.jpg (1381x771, 369K)

this is one of the only examples of item description searching in sekiro. expect a vaati vidya video that stretches
> a european knight's son. Robert, had a sickness.
>the knight sold fireworks to finance a trip to Japan to discover the secret to immortality in order to save his son
>the knight then got murdered by a ninja because he was a stubborn ass
into twenty minutes

W-what happened to the retarded guy after I whooshed him away with my wind tool?

Attached: 1539144678909.jpg (536x360, 87K)

we FF samurai now

How many tries did it take you to beat Genichiro?

>jump over spear
>get hit anyway
thrust attack hitboxes are broken

It's not fun. It's pretty frenetic which seems like it's fun but you get over that pretty quickly. It gets repetitive, tedious, and just downright annoying. It's pretty busted too so some things seem pointless. I would skip it. Don't expect anything remotely close to Dark Souls either.

>everyone that is struggling more than is reasonable are either playing like it's souls dodging around or trying to be a parry god and failing
>instead of using your ninja skills in a fucking ninja game
Why though?

List what’s killed you so far (true death):

Snake- once (bullshit knocked me off ledge
Raging bull- once

He went to the Hall of Illusion aka Monkey Hall, you'll visit there later on and he'll give you taro persimmon

Was O'Rin this hard for anyone else or am I just underleveled?

ill cleave you in twain punk

I thought this game looked easy with the instant kill enemies but once you fight mini bosses and real bosses you realize you can't do that shit anymore
Also not being able to upgrade health in the beginning without defeating enemies like chained ogre who can OHKO you is tough to work around

so are there any cosmetic outfits you find? it's a little disappointing there's only one so far.

>trying to jump over a thrust attack

Attached: milk.jpg (573x457, 26K)

:(

Thrust have to be side dodged or counters with the mirkiri skill.

>ninja skills

I already deathblow on any boss I can and my shurikens don't do shit. I think I'm just bad.

chained ogre got some good grabs was looking at giant snake cause it looked cool and it knocked me into the abyss

>Hello welcome to my broke ass niggas need not apply Sekiro ng+ speedrun

FINALLY

ONE BY ONE
THEY FALL

Now to Mt. Kongo

Attached: 20190324041437_1.jpg (1920x1080, 364K)

the blue samurai guys in the castle drop divine confetti and materials for tool upgrades. pretty decent farm.

blight town is the most famous iteration of the "shitty poison swamp area" you fucking boomer.

Attached: file.png (1199x630, 1.18M)

I wish you could have more than one sword skill and three tools at a time. I get you can pause and swap mid battle but that ruins my flow.

The feeling of overcoming a boss is the best its ever been with this game. It's so satisfying. But the game works overtime trying its best to kill you in 5-10 seconds and it does it relentlessly. Other Fromsoft games spread out the ass kicking encounters a lot more but with this game, there's a miniboss or encounter of some kind around every corner that is designed to kill you swiftly.

So if you are someone easily frustrated at games then don't pay money.

Attached: pepe dab.png (1000x666, 331K)

it's fantastic. People who love the game are playing and asking help. there is only a few shitposter making it seem worse

I think the casual filter can be any miniboss before those two, like the shinobi hunter in the first memory, or the wrestlemania ogre

Any tips for the fire bull?

So what's a good way to get Skill Points and Cash?
Looking to beef up a bit before going into 2nd run

Running is the ultimate ability in this game, you're so fucming fast you can always pick and choose when you want to go in. And remember to run/grapple away when ever things get hot and then stab them in the back.

I gave the girl the scrolls but she refuses to leave the sanctum. how do I progress this damn quest?

Being a parrygod and breaking posture is literally how youre supposed to play tho. Its not like its even hard to do either, you can mindlessly mash l1 and have moderate sucess.

Nvm, just got good and perfect parried her for two straight minutes. Fuck that boss.

Attached: 123121.jpg (667x720, 38K)

Best tip is not to use a direction input for the mikkiri counter. If you know its a thrust which can range from easy or hard to tell, just press the step dodge button without touching your analog and I'ts almost guaranteed as long as you don't do it late.

I hate this cunt with a passion.

The sole reason for dragonrot.

Attached: 814380_20190323113322_1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.15M)

Due to the difficulty of this game do you see yourself playing it as much as you would the other From Software games Yea Forums or is this one and done?

Just wait until it becomes a common enemy

post-invasion asahina castle with the senpou skills is good for grinding sen and xp

Okay Yea Forums, I killed the Ashina Elite at the top of the tower after 20 tries or so. No cheese methods, I really tried to play fair and learn the combat of this game which seems to completely evade me. I couldn't deflect consistently without getting hurt, so I blocked. His attacks hurt me through my block, so I tried jumping. His vertical swings would catch me in the air, so I tried dodging right. He would catch my ankle some times, so I tried dodging left. I would kite him around the room, dodge left just as he goes to lunge, hold R1 to poke him, and jump away to avoid his counter attack. I simply did this for 5 minutes, one poke at a time, until he died.

Did I approach this boss correctly? Did I finally fucking figure out how this game is supposed to be played? Do I use a similar methodology for every boss? Or I am I still playing this frustrating ass game incorrectly?

Attached: 1553164976189.gif (540x360, 780K)

Hug the butt. Use the firecrackers. Jump around to get behind it. L1 spam at times because the hitbox on the head is bullshit and clips you hard. It's also a camera boss so if you played the soulsborne game you have faced many like this asshole. It's like defiled watchdog with no aoe and 1/10th the difficulty.

You don't have to react to her thrust if you can't jump on reaction. If you get a hit in before she does the sweep attack you instantly stagger her and negate her attack.

Use the pillars to absorb the light orb attacks that accompany her in phase 2

Top 2 easiest bosses so far:
1. Snake Eyes
>LOL JUST RUN CIRCLES AROUND EM AND POKE UNTIL DEAD
2. Long Arm Centipede Giraffe
>JUST MEMORIZE HIS 1 AND ONLY ATTACK PATTERN AND PARRY BRO. Jump straight up instead of in any direction when he does his sweep to land on him and stagger him.

That only works if you actually are a parry god, going toe to toe with everything when you can't perfectly parry every single attack is pointless. Better to hit and run like a ninja until their HP is around half then you put the pressure on and go for parries.

i have a question for any fags who speak nip or have keen peepers
is the kanji that appears whenever a sweep, grab, or thrust any different between them?

How are people playing this? Deflecting everything then attacking? Dodging then dodge-attacking? I'm wondering how viable defensive methods are. I've been trying to deflect more but its pretty punishing missing one when you're dead in a couple of hits. Parrying in souls is something I pretty much never did.

Attached: 1435736551124.jpg (720x480, 46K)

No please

please no

Attached: playing penumbra.gif (225x169, 2.05M)

aggro him, leash him back, and then when he's walking stab him in the back.

You're not supposed to chip damage in this game. You're supposed to go in balls deep, parry all their bullshit, dodge their unblockables, and murder them after breaking their posture.

I'm playing aggressively and deflecting any time they try and get a hit in.

Miriki counter is based

Why are the stealth mechanics so half baked?
Enemy AI is retarded but stealth killing someone will alert the whole area, you can't actually play dead when you die like shown in trailers as enemies immediately regain detection even after walking away, stealth is literally not an option for proper bosses.
If it wasn't there at all i wouldn't even mind, it just feels so tacked on as it is now

meant to say you don't need to react to her sweep*

Is it even possible to do it while pressing o. The analpg stick. Ive only ever done it the way you just described, with no input just B.

I just mashed R1, dodged a few attacks, and he died. That dude's posture is like 0.

Where do I get more purple coating whatver for my weapon? I tried fighting the dude thet has a lot of purple skulls but he kicks my ass lol, I don’t think I’m supposed to fight him yet

>Deflecting everything then attacking?
This is the optimal way.
>Dodging then dodge-attacking
Don't do this unless you want to fight a boss for 20 minutes

deflecting, then when there's an opening attack until they retaliate, and deflect that perfectly. fucks up a good amount of minibosses and is decently successful on bosses.

Madame Butterfly is also really simple if you play really aggressively. After you learn her simple pattern and get used to knocking her off the wires with shuriken, she's incredibly boring. Her second phase is almost identical to the first if you're constantly hounding her ass, she won't even be able to summon her adds.

This new divine area kinda sucks, went from carefully 1v1ing those insane shinobi fucks in the previous area to just charging 1v2 or 1v3 into these long necked dudes.

Does jumping have i-frames or something? I've jumped and stuff has phased through me. Wonky Fromsoft hitboxes or does it have invulnerability for a bit? I can't really tell, and it has happened quite a few times now.

so I got my first 3 dragonrots and got them cured
now I got another one and the thief merchant has got the clap now?
can I cure it again or is this the beginning of the ass fucking this game was threating me from the start?

>why equip different armor in dark souls when you can just run naked
>why upgrade stats in dark souls when you can beat the game at lvl 1

you're a dumb nigger. Get out.

>upgrade prosthetic tools
Holy DAMN do they add a shit ton of effects and alternate attacks. Also hows the Spear?

Attached: 1543399437734.gif (416x416, 1.69M)

It's the same, they all just say danger.

Depends on how the rest of it goes. In general I'm liking it more as I go along. Honestly the first few hours are comparative shit. I really like fighting other people with swords or knives, it feels like a well choreographed martial arts film. The other shit whether it's big ogres, spear users, ranged enemies, or what have you I don't really care for. We'll see how it balances out in the end.

No. Perfect parrying is easier than its ever been in a fromsoft game. You dont even have to be that good.

its not really stealth its just a way to disengage and try again. which is better than your options in previous games.

O'Rin is easy without confetti, just beat her about 2 minutes ago. Just learn the deflects and bounce of her head when she goes an unblockable to rack up posture damage. Try to land a hit every once in a while but try not to swing more than twice since she'll punish you.

it really just seems like the tutorial is way easier then in an actual fight, or is it just that the tutorial uses a sword and spears are just need different timing entirely

whenever that red kanji appears can the Miriki counter be used?

Is not the difficulty that's bothersome in Sekiro. It's the weak design and mechanics. Combat is interesting, but can get annoying. I think this game might vanish pretty fast. Doesn't have the balance and ingenuity of other From games. It's probably not going to develop a strong community either due to no stats and online pvp.

I'm at the grave sculptor's idol and am not sure where to go. I beat the Reservoir minibosses and reached the Senpou Temple Idol as well.

i think it was necessary for the type of playstyle they tried to encourage: 1v1s
that way you can weed out the weaker ones or the projectile ones and make it much easier for yourself.
i can imagine it's a bit frustrating for stealth game aficionados, though

Anyone know where I can find:
- Lapis lazuli (got one from an apparition but need 2 more)
- Fulminated mercury
Also how to beat the fatass carp, guessing it involves the bait I've been collecting but I didn't want to waste it

I beat her on my first try. Her pattern gets weird on the second lifebar, and she doesn't always do the same thing after each string
Just remember to use the jump kick when dodging the unblockable and the fight will go a lot quicker

Only for thrust attacks.

What combat arts is everyone using? Ichimonji double is my go-to but the one gotten from Isshin seems pretty cool. Shame it takes spirit emblems though because im a hoarderfag

I just fundamentally can't seem to grasp how this game is played no matter what I do. Should I just stop thinking and try mashing stuff?

Stealth is great, use it to get into position to pick if the most dangerous enemy and then sprint for other near weak enemies and slash them apart quickly before everyone converges on you, then you can fight it out or grapple away and wait for them to lose you and do it again.

Thanks for the insight

It's supposed to be a back and forth/tug of war battle between you and the boss

The problem is that in the latter half of the game all the enemies are grouped in a way that you can only stealth kill one before the entire area is alerted, even if they're behind the pack.
Honestly just makes it worthless and tedious

This game has me in a ninja mood. How good are the Tenchu games? Were the From ones anything like this or their other games?

>People can't even figure out how to play Sekiro
GOTY though

climb the roofs in asahina palace, there's an open window with a sculptor's idol. that's hard progress for the story, alternatively you can advance the other routes as far as you can either by going back to where you started the game and killing the one-armed purple ninja. you can adventure in senpou temple unless you're saying that you got to the Main Hall idol.

Pretty sure its possible, it lets you step dodge either left, right, forward or backward if you input a direction when using the circle/b button. But I found a simple circle press when the weapon is coming out is the best way to avoid not just step dodging instead of mikkiri counter

Any advice for blazing bull?

Only on thrusts. Some kicks like the purple faggot's kick counts as a thrust.
I haven't really used them that much, I'm at the Depths now. Which ones are good?

Lapis lazuli = get from second pot noble
fulminated = back at ashina castle iirc

You beat the carp by talking to the pot noble at the fountainhead palace and getting the bait from him, once you feed it, it teles to where you fought the monkey guardian

>having lots of success playing like sanic the ninja
>also feel like I'm gimping myself because I'm not getting parry practice
What do?

Not really
General just like lady butterfly are fair fights
Ogre and horseman are Miyazaki style cancer

Should I mash L1? Try and time L1 to every swing? How do I know whether to jump or dodge or block? Do I just back off to heal and replenish posture or do I need to wait for openings? I swear every boss feels like Orphan of Kos on NG+7

stealth upgrades actually prevent enemies from seeing your stealth kills from far away.
how far are you in the game? i stopped right before round two with CM

Deflect his charge, run after him and stick him with the pointy end.

Throw in the fireworks for a couple free hits.

>or is it just that the tutorial uses a sword and spears are just need different timing entirely

I honestly found the spears to be easier to pull off the counter move on than the swords, mainly because they are longer and its easier to tell when the spear is about to hit you so you can react. Swords seems slower or more prone to whiffing you so its hard to counter sword thrusts

Parrying enemy attacks raises their posture meter. The lower their health is, the slower their posture recovers. Then break their posture and murder them with deathblow. You need to parry like 90% of the shit in this game and only dodge the unblockable attacks like grabs or jump the sweeps.
If you don't get this down the later bosses will be hell for you.

use the fireworks, but don't spam it since after it recovers from it there's an additional few seconds where it won't work immediately

Lock on and sprint in circles staying behind him. When he stops or slows down get a hit or two in. If he staggers you can do a few more but don't get greedy.

Ive found no use for any of the combat arts. In this game. Theres just no time fle them when you only have time for 1-2 r1s in between deflecting

Horseman is literally the easiest boss in the game.

practice parrying.

Is Sword Saint the final boss?

Just focus on the enemy attacks and block right before their blade hits you. Attack when there's an opening and parry/dodge when needed. Keep destroying their posture and kill em dead

How do you make the kite as mt kongo stay at a distance?

The bull is the worst boss From has made since Bed of Chaos. It's not challenging in any way you just run around in circles for 10 minutes praying that your camera doesn't fuck up and get you killed.

A lot of the mechanics in this game are half baked. They tried to do too much and it doesn't gel properly. It's either a shitty stealth game or an overly complicated action game. No cohesion between the two.

I use the nightjar slash to jump over spear attacks for style points

So I finally said fuck it and ran past that purple ninja at the hidden pagoda and got the feather prosthetic - is it worth coming back to fight him?

Should I do Senpou Temple or jump into that bottomless hole after killing Genichiro?

Is there any trick to the corrupted monk? For whatever reason only half my attacks do damage and her posture recovers at an insane rate

So this game is pretty much learn to parry or get raped right?

Attached: 4sFcd7B.jpg (900x1080, 145K)

possession ninjustu

You need the possession ninjutsu to possess the little midget guy to do it

Where is that one monk boss on a bridge? Saw it in pre release vids but never found it in my playthrough.

>people are beating genichiro right at the beginning of game
>without any upgrades or prosthetics
damn

The roofs with the birdpeople?
Also, what one armed purple guy?

>finally die enough to get first dragonrot
>get two of them after the cutscene

Is this supposed to happen?

Same. I think the very start of it might have i-frames.

strafe right of her and get a few hits in when she's recovering from an attack. she blocks stuff coming from the front generally.

Does this game have From lore? Love that shit.

Yes

Sekiro is better than dark souls.

Pretend youre playing a rhythm game hen youre l1ing their attacks. Mashing will work, but it will drain your posture, so yiull want to go for "perfect" deflects. Theyre really not that hard to pull off, the vame is really genourous with what they consider "perfect" timing.

>one shot owl and true monk
>still scared shitless to face that second and third headless and the other spooky summoners

Terror sucks

If you agro him and jump into the water you can put your sword up his ass from stealth if you go right back up to him. He tried to do it to you, fair is fair.

spear becomes really versatile with the upgrades

>big range
>big AoE sweep
>hits many times so it will break posture
>can pull in enemies
>last upgrade adds burn damage

its top tier when fully upgraded but its a slow burn

Which of the final skills of the skill trees do you think is the best?

Shit, I never figured out how to use the snake fruits.

Can you farm upgrade materials for your arms?

you know where you started the game, in a pit flanked by water? in asahina reservoir, you can grapple over there in order to get to a purple ninja which, if defeated, grants access to an idol called 'bottomless pit' that leads to another area.
and yes the roof with the birdpeople. going right to get on the roofs and then along the large roof of the main tower is hard progression.

Parry and block are the same button, it's really not as brutal as it sounds. What was fucking most people us was the fact that you can't just I frame dodge everything.

lmao done.
for all the hate this is getting for being hard it lets you do some cheesy shit.
i guess only hardcore players who dont mind learning every attack pattern will fight everything legit.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 3.63M)

Lmao, I did the same the second he started winning
Shame main bosses don't let you be a cheap bastard

how do i get into the ghost house with that annoying piper playing?

i grapple onto the one branch but theres no where else to grapple to and you cant jump from there

Damn, it may take a long time but i LIKE THIS GAME.
Wrestler dude bro should be second main character.

Yeah hasn't worked for me yet. Any way to speed the fight up? This is going to take like 30 minutes if i do it that way.

it's all fairly straightforward, the only 'hidden bits' are the monks of senpou and robert's father, and even then all of that lore is easy to glean after reading one item description.
not much is vague.

all of the timing's fairly intuitive, it's when their sword is about to touch you. not much memorization, mostly instinct.

powerpyx.com/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-how-to-get-all-endings/

This goes into detail about it

Go to the area before that. THere's a tree you can hook up to that has a drunkard clone

Yes, it's a bit of a damage multiplier system
only for speedrunning

Any tips for the terror caster at the bottom of the well?

Not at all. It's a pretty straightforward plot with some light weirdness peppered in occasionally. Don't expect anything like DS or BB. This is an action game with a defined plot. Not very interesting imo

You gotta give her the rice Kuro gives you after you give him the rice she gives you. I couldn't do it cause I went too far in the story

stuck on horse faggot

what do

Did someone save that one chart user made of the game's map and NPCs? Much appreciated.
Cured dragonrot, gotta finish up sidequests and NPC moving areas before stacking those again because dying to bosses.

Attached: 1553353146625.jpg (400x400, 42K)

I'm all the way at Kongo but I still remember how I beat this dude. I didn't.
>run away from him as soon as he aggroes, straight up dive into the river
>sigh and start working my way back up
>SCRAP IRON
>dude must've died offscreen by jumping to his death or something

i saved that shithead for when i got the terror-proof umbrella.
my sekiro isn't gonna fuck with spooky shit till he's good and ready

Most people disregard the stealth but you can really take the edge off a lot of hard fights if you use it right, I mean you're a fucking shinobi after all. Deagroing then going back in stealth is a legit tactic, you can even get a skill that makes it easier (blood smoke, after a back stab finisher you disappear in a puff of red smoke, you can combo it with the jump over an enemies head and back stab them to do it mid combat).

It's not and you're a homosexual.

Where do I get the shield hat?

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-23 03-19-25.jpg (2560x1440, 1.03M)

So are the old lady and her son basically a buffer zone that will always be infected before anyone that might be important gets it?

At what point is it acceptable for me to watch Youtube playthroughs just so I can see how good people are playing? I can SL1 every Soulsborne but I can't even get halfway through this game

Attached: Homu.png (1405x1058, 1.4M)

ape escape deathblow is rad as fuck.

Fuck the corrupted monk on the bridge. Holy shit man. Also, how far am I into the game? I’m loving this shit and want it to keep going. Pls respond

ENB did it but his wife had a miscarriage and left him so lol.

Pop confetti and run around him in a spiral, wait until there's no big balls on your ass
Once you're close just wail on him, when he teleports find him ASAP and repeat

Where is the corrupted monk on the bridge? Never found it

a defined plot can be fine, lord knows I'm sick of all the speculating and arguing over the lore of the other games

Do you know where I can get Fulminated Mercury and Yellow Gunpowder or which mobs drop it?

I think I just got cancer from the terror mechanic

Dark souls is easy game on hour walkthrough. You are faggot casual.

What's your favorite skill tree? Favorite Combat Art?

Wait you beat the game without finding him?? How tf is that possible?

This How the fuck can everyone find the monk but me, i already killed everything, wtf

What is this purple ninja people are talking?
I'm at Kongo, just defeated the Abyss Watcher. Did I miss him completely?

If you just made it to the fountainhead palace you still got a good while

The only corrupted monk I found was the one in the underground village but never one on the bridge

>Constant hit and run
>Stealth cheap shots every day
>Will only fight if I can fuck them with tools or pocket sand
>Use my res to run away
Stay seething Samurai fags you won't get a fair fight out of me.

Attached: IMG_4180.png (1144x888, 337K)

it's required for the non-bad endings, you'll see it eventually, user

what to do in the sunken valley cavern? there is nothing to grapple after taking the leap of faith

>the shinobi door at the castle leads to the main hub

Wait
What. What's... wut? Did I... get played or something?

Attached: 128249704285.gif (175x175, 590K)

Based and shinobipilled

He's in a secret place in Hirata Estate. Remember that one bridge with a thicc hammer guy? Jump to the right of it and look for a secret cave.

That leap is to stab the snake in the head, it'll spawn when you make it through the gun fort

Completely missed it. Thanks.

If you have the grappling hook attack the fight is trivial.

But there's nothing through the gun fort besides two minibosses and an extra bead.

>beat him first time no sweat
>Come back after a whole game of experience and get my ass kicked 4 times
he's the only time i fucking DIED so far what the FUCK happened to MY SKILL

the thing you start the game with?

I AM PRESSING THE L1 BUTTON FUCKING DEFLECT YOU WORTHLESS FAGGOT NIGGER
This game makes me feel like DSP

>say fuck it and run ALL the way around the castle to get in behind his faggot protector
>use the puppeteer ninjutsu
>the guy solos the boss
ezpz

where to farm money? i wanna clear the umbrella vendor since i heard he dies after a certain point

There is a skill to unlock for it. Only costs 1 point.

>finished the game doing literally ZERO sidequests because everyone has dragon aids

well i guess i can do them in NG+

Attached: 1553078603963.gif (128x74, 25K)

This is how you're supposed to fight the Ashina Elite by the way.

Attached: 20190324034526_1.jpg (2560x1440, 512K)

I just started, can you win the first boss fight? Or is it one of those you have to lose?

There's a bridge segment after you kill giraffe, the snake will pop up then

why does sekiro murder the snake as brutally as he does when the snake is just chilling coiled on top of a mountain. feels wholly unnecessary.

>No one have dragonaid
>Still no side quest
hmmmm

What happens if you team up with Owl against Kuro? I ain’t betraying the young Divine so I murdered the old bitch. Also pretty sure it’s his blade stabbing you in the cutscene after you beat granny butterfly

>go around the rooftop
>one whistles and 4 come at you
yeah, I can handle two kinda but 4 AND their advanced hounds?

Did you forget all the other times the snake has tried to brutally murder you?

You can beat him. Nothing changes though and isn't worth the effort.

Where does this game lie?

Attached: Screenshot_20190324-025536__01.jpg (1898x1080, 443K)

Puppet ninjutsu is fucking busted.

Oh yeah, there's a locked door after Giraffe. I don't have the key for that tho.

Yes, but you still lose hand after getting different cutscene
Honestly fight isn't even that hard if you isn't das, borne baby and put distance for cheap strikes

I gave them the scroll and they never fucked off to the monkey place.

I think I might have started the quest chain too late.

I beat the game with 5 necklaces, I didn't kill any headless - what the fuck did I miss? I did the Owl ending tho

Anyone know where is PIN RESIN EMBER to upgrade the prosthetic?

That's not puppet ninjitsu, that's just me leading the 4 purple dudes to him. They're opposing factions so they fight each other automatically.

You can, but to practice will mean restarting the game over and over again. You don't get anything for it other than a slightly altered cut scene.

It's in Mibu Village. There's a like a little shrine where the resin is on, and soon as you pick it up, it spawns like 100 zombie villagers. You can just grappling hook and run the fuck away, though.

the bad ending

What do you want to see in dlc?

How do I know when I should start attacking instead of trying to deflect? The enemies have such fast wind ups with little time between attacks

I'm having some troubling know when I've parried or deflected (or blocked). I'm looking at their posture but I can't tell if it's growing.

Especially on Lady Butterfly and the elite samurai. Is it supposed to be an obvious animation like the common enemies or do I just have to keep parrying to see any progress?

yeah, dragonrot comes in groups.

its in the library of kuros room at ashina castle.

some other way to attain immortality gone horribly fucking wrong

Tomoe.

man, i can't beat the fucking seven-spears guy, when you return to the tutorial area. i don't know what to do, his health pool is enormous and his balance regenerates fucking instantly, even if i put him on fire.

just send me to the yokai realm

As a rule of thumb you can get one attack in after a parry, but just watch for animation tells because bosses and mini bosses have flurry attacks that you can't stagger.

the perfect deflect is accompanied by redder sparks and a distinct clang sound compared to the block. you can also check your own posture. perfect deflects cause you less posture damage than blocking does.

do i kill hanbei with the fushigiri?

How did I miss that
Thanks user

If you aren't deflecting or dodging you should be attacking, even if it's only a little bit per hit you whaling on their sword is filling their stab me meter and pressuring them

playing passive = guaranteed death, get in their face and mash dat fukken r1

The armored dude on the temple's bridge is also a casual filter, brainlets wont know what to do

Use the thrust counter move, it destroys posture and that guy spams thrusts.

More mystical stuff. The whole illusion octopus guy quest was really cool, I want to see more of this type of shit.

SHURA!!!

you can. why not put him to rest?

Best part of the game is when Kuro sends you on your quest to go find the incense shit so give me more of that. Just some bullshit quest to go find some macguffin that takes me to more fantastical and high tension areas like that route to the gun fort.

I actually knocked him out of the bridge by accident. I just thought I'd have to deathblow him 2 or 3 times to kill him and on the third one he just happened to fall out.

I thought that fight was pretty cool, but why the fuck was some westaboo guy just in Japan with a full suit of armor?

>tfw bought the game at 4PM
>It's 1 in the morning and apparently I'm not even past the early stages of the game yet
>Can't parry worth a shit

Attached: 1531461176912.png (200x322, 54K)

He fell through the floor for me, just did the animation as if he was on the edge.
Very weird.

where is that purple nigger located
I fought him once but I forgot

i'm trying, man, but it's so fucking precise and it does like... 1/10th of his posture, which he just fucking regains as soon as it's over. i'm fucking losing it.

>Euro knight in Japland fighting hard core samurai and shinobi
Man why hasn't any other jap jumped onto that? Knight vs Samurai shit is cool, even if the Japs are outclassed weapon-wise.
Also is this the Dark Souls reference of the entire game?

I literally stood still, deflected the two-slash attack by tapping the deflect button twice. Done that two times and he's dead

stealth him for one, make liberal use of Mirikri like said. He'll generally swing at you from either below or over his shoulder, deflect that and he'll stumble, you can get like 3-4 hits on him. Repeat.

>that zombie in blue with a knife in Mibu Village that stabs your face like 7 times if it grabs you
Fucking brutal.

>after a million tries, kill spear dude at the start of the game
>literally nothing behind him

Well... thanks for the bead, I guess.

The window for Mikiri is actually huge. Go practice it on the immortal guy at the hub -- if you are basically in the middle of the dash animation any time the thrust hits you, you will counter it.

>TFW i got the game day 1 and i can't even beat the butterfly bitch or the flaming bull and i only started these threads to get some help and i still can't fucking beat them after 2 day
FeelsBadMan

Attached: KillMeNow.jpg (962x673, 70K)

Would you know if you're parrying on Lady Butterfly then or is it not possible?

After 2 or 3 times he says something like
>trying to knock me off are you
But maybe I just got him close enough to the edge when I deathblowed him that he said that.

the item descriptions state he arrived with robert, the namesake of the firecracker prosthetic, to attain immortality so that young robert could be spared from his deadly illness.

>Currently stuck against the giant snake and the named spear guy with presumably a boss behind him
Should I try and kill the spear guy and get the bead to upgrade my health first?

Attached: 1446782012116.jpg (190x234, 35K)

he gave me a hidden tooth

What's up with that dude at the entrance of the well? He just vanished for me.

>Mikiri
>precise
Nah. I literally mash dodge at their face whenever I see a thrust coming and always step on it. Once you learn this thrusts are as easy to dodge as sweeps.

really? i find it so much harder to do than a normal parry, and it feels so much slower, too. maybe i'm just not used to it.

Got it, thanks user

you'd know by the red sparks and distinctive clang, yes.

yeah that's certain to happen

original prosthetic shinobi fight, tomoe, moonlight sword, and more interior ministry stuff

I only just beat the first real boss but I kind of want to restart just so I can learn to git gudder I feel like I'm still not fully comfortable with the combat yet.

I'm back in the reservoir fighting the named spear enemy at the tower where you meet the young lord in the prologue and he's wrecking me harder than the actual boss did.

I'm currently at third boss and he is fun as hell. Anyone got any general tips for things like NPC sidequests or skill tree things that are super useful?

Attached: 1527053912689.png (1200x1022, 646K)

he's chasing the sound of the shamisen. you should follow him into the well.

Reminder that rot only spreads on a finial death (being sent back to a shrine) always use the res and then run away to a shrine and rest if you want to be safe.

>spent a bunch of points to get to Ashina Cross from the Ashina arts tree
Was I scammed? Because it sure feels like it's fucking unusable garbage. Or am I just being retarded?

Attached: 1452169786116.jpg (1200x900, 351K)

The guy and his mother died at the start. Is this normal or am I fucked.

I did. There's just a dude with purple stuff there that killed me in a second.

Is the bow guy at the top of Ashina Castle considered a hard or easy boss? If he's a hard boss I might as well quit now

i think the best choice for the dlc would be a flashback like hirata estate to the rebellion of ashina vs the interior ministry. the interior ministry is the big threat that causes genichiro to commit the inciting incident of the game and we honestly don't get too much time throughout the games runtime to meet them. also tomoe should be a fight.

Or use the cure. The game is very generous with them.

Thats the iai strike right? It does the most important thing a combat art can do
Look cool

its an ok combat art. ichimonji double is probably more versatile.

>upgrade ammo capacity
>go from 15 to 16

Does the second tier of the upgrade give more than 1? I need more firecrackers for this bull.

okay maybe i'm just not understanding it right, then. how exactly am i supposed to do the move? is it dodge first, and then hit block, or is it both at the exact same time, or what? because i've been hitting both at the same time, and it's a fucking crapshoot at best for me.

wait why would you quit if he's hard

Should I bother with this if the invasions from DS were the main reason I loved the game? 60 is pretty steep for a singleplayer souls game.

Attached: 1553353503809.png (900x900, 753K)

top 4 or 5 maybe

It's not a souls game

Please. I don't want to be woefully unequipped this time around, the final boss was a bitch because of my low health.

should I grind for skills? some of them are making fighting bosses way easier
but the time wasting. god

What does patch 1.02 do/fix

Only if you tell them that you don't have any money.

Why are 90% of the combat arts so worthless

In my opinion he is horrendously predictable, all Samurai general / Odachi users are imo. He's not bad, he really does have some very abuseable patterns.

it does not give more than one. you should be able to beat the bull with 8 firecracker uses anyhow though.

he is easier than minibosses, butterfly tier

Alright, I'm fighting the dude who took your arm. I can do it okay and I'm still learning the patterns but I'm just wondering if any of my shinobi tools are of particular use here. I have literally 8 of them so far

he's medium hard. most bosses following him are as hard or harder than him.

Just keep on trying, it took me like an hour to beat him. Remember his moves and learn to deflect and strike back

Is there any skill that's as big of a gamechanger as healing from kills?

axe+skill followup is okay
or raven if you can time it well

stabbity stabbity

It does look cool, I guess. Sadly, me getting my ass handed to me shortly after using it kind of negates that.
I'm just using Floating Passage now. It's much better. I think.

You don't block at all. Just make sure you mash the dodge button and are dodging towards the enemy. You can train with hanbei to see what I mean without risking your life.

ive heard the umbrella deflect works on him. you can beat him with just deflects and r1 spam though.

Wish we could use the Mortal Blade at all beyond the combat art and a few executions

>he has another phase
Fucking kill me
For FUCK sakes

>pirate game
>crack it properly
>add it to steam
>take screenshot
>open the screenshot manager
>they're listed under the actual real sekiro name
>they're not saved in any local folder

okay, so answer this for once seriously without memes! do NPC die from dragonrot or not? I died up to 100 times now 5% aid, do they die when I reach zero or don't at all?

Not a Souls game. Being good at Souls literally does NOTHING to help you here.

Yes it is, it plays a little different but is a souls game at its core. The exloration, the UI, the way you level up, the bonfires, etc. Also posture = stamina

when he pewpews - jump and reverse it on him

Well it is the cracked steam version.
Probably some odd interaction with that.

His third phase is the easiest.
>extremely telegraphed lunge
>if he throws lightning at you you can just throw it back for like 70% of his posture
otherwise same move set. I wish we could be a Samurai under Tomoe, shit looks rad as hell.

>got stuck on purple monk dude in the village
>decide to go back through areas I've missed
>end up finding senpou
>get to the main hall
>go back to ashina castle
>find an open window I didn't notice
>realize it leads to an important boss fight that moves the main plot forward
>realize I just went through a bunch of the game earlier than I was supposed to
Dunno how I feel about that, I'm just glad I finally found kuro again

>spamming L1 during horsefucker
>take full damage

I thought this was supposed to at least defend.

How many more seals do you get from the skill increase?

Any tips on defeating the shotgun guys easily?
Also which Snake Eyes is easier? The one in the Depths or in the snowy place?

the nightjar slash is not useless and will even go over sweeps

wait what the fuck?
oh my fucking god that's why isn't it, where the fuck did i get the idea of it being block as well

>Lady Butterfly
Shuriken when she's about to do the drop on you
Put him in a corner and spam R1, it works. GOTY
>Snake eyes in Ashina Depths
Didn't do him yet
>Seven Spears
Oil + fire
>Headless
Didn't do him yet
>Also I'm sure there's a path I've neglected to check down
You can get to a different place through the Abandoned Dungeon, also from the first bonfire in the tower if you jump down (inside the tower) you'll find a couple of small areas with some upgrades and shit.

you can handle it. he has a few new moves but mostly stuff you've seen before.

Several enemies just ignore blocking for whatever reason, I don't know how or why

its better to press and hold L1 rather than tap it

if you tap L1 too early, you'll release the block and then just eat an attack in the face. if you press and hold, if you're too early, you'll get a regular block at least

I like that the Mikiri counter feels impactful as fuck. And block this shithead's as well

Attached: tfw missed the deathblow.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Where's the best place to farm skill points early to mid-game? (Up until killing Genichiro)

>swipes straight through him
topkek

Who is Isshin? Everyone keeps saying this name but I've never seen this guy

FUCK you missed it

Gun fort. Backstab the guys going backwards, they give you 200+ skill points each.

for everyone except spears you can really react to any RED KANJI attack with a jump.

>spamming L1
you know you can just hold to block right? and there no darksouls stamina cost

Yeah it actually hurt me to see you miss the deathblow after the counter. It is the perfect capstone to a fight with a spear faggot.

You have

some bosses have particular moves that are not perilous that all the same require perfect deflect timing to not take damage. sword saint isshin sticks out as the best example for this. these types of moves are usually denoted by long startup before their active frames.

is it behind the castle? the only area I haven't been to

I have? Where

The kanji just means "Unblockable"
It can either be a thrust, sweep, or grab, with only the thrust being counterable.
You have to jump over the sweeps, and dodge/run from the grabs.

The first proper boss is good for parry and block practice. Took me a couple of tries but felt really fucking good after getting him. Baby steps mate

I want a mod that changes the color of sweep, thrust, and grab munerunes.

Attached: 1726539-miyazaki.jpg (320x320, 11K)

except the samurai upper cut ones
also double tap the jump, it stuns everyone for a sec giving you 2-3 hits

I dunno, there is some attacks I can't seem to dodge no matter what I do. Is it normal to have 6 gourd charges at this point?

I don't remember how I got there to be honest. I remember the entrance is in a cliff, somewhere around the castle. You have to jump around in trees and take some leaps of faith.

Damn, I cant do a split second reaction and when the red kanji comes up I cant tell if it's going to be a sweep, thrust or grab

I hope someone does do that mod. Red for thrusts, blue for grabs, and white for sweeps would be great.

as blind half person, I feel you.

why do enemies in this game track so fucking hard?

Best mid-late game place to farm emblem, gold, xp or just in general?
I'm stuck on the great ape and I'm out of gold and firecrackers.

isshin is the godly man who rescued ashina from oppression by the interior forces of japan. he is essentially the one man wonder of the battlefield. many of the moves enemies use, particularly samurai, are from the isshin doctrine of swordsmastery, which you can use for yourself with the ashina esoteric text. isshin is still alive but he is gravely ill. i presume genichiros goal with kidnapping kuro is to give isshin the dragons heritage so isshin could save them from the interior ministry's impending attack.

The Sculptor

It is best to use cheatengine

without getting too spoilery, what happens if you kill the hard boss in the tutorial?
game end or it's a lose-in-a-cutscene kinda deal?

also, can you parry everything that's not a perilous attack? even fuckhuge weapons?

>Kill the purple ninja in the memory you will get a sick ability bro
>Kill him
>take the loot

Wow i can fucking parry but instead of deflecting i fucking do nothing except for jumping like a fucking narutard character, so useful

Attached: 235252523525.jpg (590x393, 103K)

because the game's main gimmick is deflecting, not dodging

Maybe upgrading it will make it good

Tried him on NG+ and I'm not sure if there's a time limit or its hp based but it eventually threw me into the normal cutscene after I got him to around 30% of his first bar.

Help me how do i get to the feeding grounds i cant for the life of me find the way

>Swinging into enemy
>Oh no, they're countering I better block
>Combat art
>I'm dead now
There has to be a better fucking way. I know it's my fault but also I can't be the only one

Why are cool grandmas far more badass than any young woman/ girl character?

>lady butterfly
>kreia

any others im forgetting?

Why do people say the firecracker arm is OP? Is it that good?

>even fuckhuge weapons?
yup. also kicks, and dogs
huge weapons simply dry posture more

The outcome of the tutorial fight is the same no matter whether you win or lose (the cutscene is slightly different)

And yeah you can parry everything that's not a perilous attack. Even with perilous attacks, you can parry (or mikiri) thrusts and sweeps (but ideally you want to jump off their heads), but you can't block them. The only attack you HAVE to dodge are grabs.

Where are the saves located in the pirated version

>mods
THE GAME IS 2 DAYS OLD AND YOU ALREADY WANT TO CHANGE SHIT?
i hate modders so much

Attached: 5-1553309529-331338348.png (1920x1080, 3.97M)

i mean sure, but it's fucking of retarded when an enemy goes for a jump-slam and twists 120 degrees mid-air because he overshot.

It stuns.

there is a skill that gives it a follow up

How many times can I true death before the dragonrot kills the NPCs? I keep dying at lady butterfly and worried for the folks back at the temple

>go through hell village of poison
>pretty fine
>get to ghost girl
>fuck no
>run past her
>an actual boss and only two confetti
Fucking a, I'll just do Genchiro next.

>he holds down the attack button

>boss
Cutscene loss
>parry
You can actually deflect unblockables. It is just much harder I think. I only think this because have for certain deflected a grab on a mid game enemy. Unless of course it was a thrust that caused a grab animation in which case the game can go fuck itself.

People say it doesn't kill anyone except for some no-name NPCs that i forget about already, oh and it probs gives a bad ending but who would give a fuck

Who cares, the game throws Dragon Tears at you like crazy

I think the only one that really bothered me is the ogre's grab (which seems to really intensely track and requires pretty good timing), but everything other grab move I've encountered is pretty manageable.

Hey so i told the training dummy i have the mortal blade and told him i would kill him, now how do i kill him with it, trying to use its attack but i just deathblow him with the normal sword

help please

Attached: tumblr_mbn94lZWst1qgw0euo1_1280.jpg (815x611, 131K)

i don't think anyone has a precise answer to this question yet.

I didn't know confetti helped with him and did it without, go for it!

user.....
isshin is the tengu that ask you to hunt the rats, you can see his tengu clothes just hanging about in isshin's room

was corrupted monk meant to be a massive chore or did I miss something. I just ran around the arena sneaking hits in, didnt see any good openings besides recoveries from combos

Reminder that pewdiepie defeated Geinichiro first try.

Can someone tell me how to progress goddamn NPC storylines I don't know what I'm doing with any of them

DS1/2's were fine but 3's were annoying as hell and made me miss stuff for shitty reasons pls give tips

He says he wanted time to prepare. Just go rest at the idol and come back and talk to him.

the mortal blade combat art should do it

I'll try tomorrow, I'm pooped for tonight on this game. Speaking of the village though I didn't send the one guy entranced by the music to the surgeon in dungeon and now he's by ghost girl, does killing her advance his questline?

you can deflect sweeps?

thanks user for making me feel bad.

Kill her, don't give him the object.

WHAT
HOLY FUCK
you blew my mind user. im legitimately in shock. that makes all of tengus actions make even further sense.
i guess im retarded.

There's only like two NPCs that actually have questlines and they're short as hell. You've probably already done them

onushi

I don't want to admit how many deaths it took me to kill the Corrupted Monk
>Fought her so many times, that by the end of it I'd memorized every pattern and parried the every living shit out of the fight
Was there a 'cheap' way of breaking this boss' posture? Wasn't able to affect their posture until I'd lowered the HP to like ~40%, and that is with constant parrying, counters, jump-kicking sweeps, hits, etc.

Was the only boss I'd had that issue with so far.

I was fighting the Blazing Bull, and I had him in the corner area where he spawns because its easier to maneuver him in there.

He got to about half health, with minimal posture damage done, and all of a sudden he went to full posture damage in a blink of an eye and I could finish him off at half health.

Is this a known issue or what happened?

Attached: BB.jpg (480x360, 13K)

every single boss in the game is intended to be deflect centric except for the folding monkeys.

>tengu names you sekiro
>isshin calls you sekiro
How did you miss this? Even sekiro figured it out.

It works on pretty much EVERY unit, including bosses. Certain boss/phases might be immune, but it's nice stun to get a couple hits in.

Posture damage is based on health remaining. Working as intended.

actually never mind, I don't think you can. You can definitely deflect thrusts, though.

finally got him, thanks dude.
i fucking hate fighting spear users though.

>wiki
and there is where you went wrong

i might've pressed a through a voice line or something. my bad.

Thanks i just had to rest, missed the he needed to prepare line. feel dumb for not trying that.

My ass, corrupted monks posture refuses to give in until you slap him around to like 1/5 HP. Its the first boss where I didnt just go nuts on parries while ignoring HP

I feel really bad playing this and getting to the actual bosses since I can't time proper deflects for shit with my boomer-tier reflexes now, feels bad Yea Forums.

How the heck do I get into that house with the flute music coming from it? After the 2 ape fight in the mist canyon : (

this 'boss' was fucking ass, what was From smoking when they came up with this?

Same thing happened to me, not sure why either.

any kino videos of pros doing perfect deflects on hard enemies/bosses?

What I mean is he went from his posture damage being about 10 percent of his bar cause I was running around like a bitch, and then he was in the corner and I hit him three times with a basic R1 and his posture was immediately full and ready for the death blow. Not gradual build up, immediately from 5% to 100% And his HP was only at 50%. I had gotten his HP down in previous attempts way lower than that without this effect happening.

Is that normal?

i think in such cases you are intended to do the thrusting attack or counter slash to deal vitality damage until posture isnt recovered quickly for the opponent.

NEW THREAD PLEASE
NEW THREAD

when the bull gets to a certain HP his script has him go hog wild and he fans into a wall as a result of stress, becoming deathblowable. its fully intended.

I literally parried every move the whole fight, and you're right, their posture barely budges until they're already practically dead from HP anyway. It's fucking bullshit. I know there's the Snap Seed trick, but I didn't have any on me, but I guess that's supposed to be the 'way'?

Where's the shinobi tool that's supposed to be enshrined at the bottom level of the castle?

As far as I understand, you keep deflecting until there's a large spark. It's pretty noticable compared to normal sparks. Then the sides switch and you start attacking until the large spark.
I guess they tried making it more like a cinematic fight, so you get equal amounts of both.

To the anons in the last thread that told me to stay stil and counter horse naginata guy. Thank you

Last boss has to be the most difficult boss in any FROM game ever
jesus fuck

theres like 9 up already just migrate, nigger

Ah damn, you're right, I forgot it rammed into the wall, I guess I forgot as it happened quickly.

The poison one? From the first idol in the castle proper just jump down in the area you first see the blue robed guys in to the bottom and it's after a few more guys plus shortcuts to other parts of the area.

drop down from the section immediately following the antechamber bonfire and search the chest in the back of the bottom floor. that particular prosthetic is rather good.

Fair enough. Its just weird because that means its not a constant in that fight at what HP point he does it - sometimes ive had him at any point between 10-40% HP remaining without him doing that, and now he does it suddenly at 50% HP.

Brainlets only deflect, real players keep attacking as well.

yeah but think of the satisfaction you'll have when you master it.

Every boss has been the hardest FROM boss ever for me thus far, except maybe horse guy who wasn't quite Kos level

Where do I get the item that lets me swap skill points for atk?

oh yes

wtf
why would such a thing even exist

Which part with the snake?
Which spear guy?

Just pirate it. If you still like it after 5 hours and feel morally obligated, then buy it.
I did it and I fucking hate it, I'm just playing it cause I want to discuss it. Never going to buy it, cause I don't want them to think I want a second one.

collect all mask fragments

figured it out right after I posted... thanks anyway

FUCK GUARDIAN APE

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KILL HIM

How does one get into this house with the flute music coming from it?

Attached: flute house.jpg (1912x1049, 170K)

Well ive died so many times to the butterfly lady that an NPC that i havent met yet has the rot. How fucked am i?

6 is normal. Lightning will not damage you in the air. Get hit by his lightning in the air, and attack him on the way down to punish him hard.

Hit it 'till it's dead.

it may not look it but his non perilous attacks are parryable. you can choose to stay in his face and hit his head for vitality damage or adopt safer hit and run tactics.

Go to the left until you find a grapple point and go around, it's past an alternate Drunkard miniboss.

I always killed the group of dudes at Hirata estate.

there is a particular tree you have to grapple to and take a long way around to the larger tree that will let you jump to the second floor of the pagoda.

Someone for the love of god how do you get onto the side of fountainhead palace where the bell is ive been looking for a fucking hour

>it may not look it but his non perilous attacks are parryable. you can choose to stay in his face and hit his head for vitality damage or adopt safer hit and run tactics.

damn I kept staying on its ass like beast type souls bosses. Gonna try hitting its head

this is the only fight where I didn't really use deflect a whole lot and just ran around like a narutard and slashed at him

he doesn't block or anything so you can just whittle down his HP (his posture will instantly max out once he goes to 0 HP).

i think if you hit his head flourish tines within a certain window he goes into a sort of stunned state where you can get big combat art damage in on him too.

I see, thanks for the help amigos!

You can deflect thrusts, but you take a big posture hit and the mikiri counter does tons more damage to them.

Is shadowrush worth it?

one of the better arts in the game, yes

It's my go to so far

Bosses I'm at rn
>Genichiro
>Corrupted monk

Faust hat back on the menu

someone cheat engine this shit with 9999999 sen in inventory and check the damage

so I'm at gorilla/cavesnake. Do I have to kill the gorilla, can I get past the snek or can I go somewhere else?