What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: witness.jpg (460x215, 41K)

Narrative was stupid, but puzzles were TOP tier. Overall GOTY 2016 though, so overall not much went wrong.

Me too dumb to understand what exactly the narrative was supposed to be, but puzzles were good

There was a narrative?

a convoluted and pretentious one, yeah.

Was there any point to the environmental puzzles / obelisks?

Oh yeah, I remember, there were some audio logs with quotes of Einstein or something like that.

To solve them? What's the point of any puzzle in a puzzle game, lol. As for the narrative, I don't remember. I was just solving puzzles, man.

better game coming through

Attached: talos.jpg (1920x1080, 694K)

the actual environmental puzzles parts were fun, staring at tablets drawing lines from a to b with more and more arbitrary rules got really old, it also made the game world seem superfluous. it was like playing riven but instead of exploring and doing environment puzzles you sit in gehn's office all day playing d'ni sudoku instead. if the guy wanted to make a game about line puzzles then just make those, otherwise they took what little wind there was out of the game's sails.

>What's the point of any puzzle in a puzzle game, lol

If you write "This game treats your time as precious. There's no filler" into your summary on Steam you bet your ass that I expect some kind of reward/resolution for doing all that shit, even just a "you're winner!" message.

What do you want, a cash prize? It's a game. The reward is the satisfaction you get from finishing it.

I'm glad I didn't read the description before I played it.

i followed the development of this game forever because Braid was great and it turned out to be a walking simulator with boring 2d line drawing puzzles

It was ONLY a 9/10.

>GOTY

Attached: 1510860482273.jpg (800x800, 135K)

seriously? The difference between the game treating your time as precious could be the presence of some superfluous text at the end? Not the depth of the puzzles, satisfaction of discovering new mechanics? No, who buys a puzzle game for the puzzles anyway right?

>What do you want
At that point, a black screen with Blow's head and a text message saying
"こんな け゛ーむに まし゛に なっちゃって と゛うするの"

Easily the best game of 2016

Audio puzzles, the narrative and the interface sucks when it comes to the tetris puzzles.
>Overall GOTY 2016
lmao

The witness critic starter pack
>cites the joke/easter egg ending as an actual pretentious ending because someone told him about it
>complains that there's no reward for solving puzzles except more puzzles (in a puzzle game)
>the optional audiotapes are pretentious
>claims this could just be a 2D flash game, ignoring the importance of environmental cues, and the subtle ways they tie into particular themes in different areas

You can get this game for free apr 4 - apr18 on my store. You're welcome brainlets.

I followed it, but since I'm not retarded I could see what kind of game it was by reading the blog.

I dropped it after I finished the symmetry island but I can tell its a good game if you enjoy doing that kind of simple puzzles with increasing complexity stuff.
I did enjoy trying to find the environment secret ones though.

>Audio puzzles

this, as some one who is hard of hearing I had to look up the answer for these as I was never going to get them.

There are way too fucking many flat panel puzzles given how old and repetitive most of their concepts get. Especially the Tetris puzzles.
The environmental stuff was the highlight of the game.

i just think Braid's physics based puzzles were way better than this game's "draw a line the correct way 100 times". i could kinda tell it wasn't gonna be that great based on the trailer but i was sill hanging on to the meme that he was good game designer

>normal person opinion
>yeah the story isn't the main point of the game, the point is the puzzles and they are excellent, also the game is gorgeous to look at

>Yea Forums opinion
>yeah the game is fundamentally a puzzle game but THE STORY IS SHIT! THESE AUDIO LOGS EXISTING LITERALLY HURTS ME IRL

every witness thread, there saved you an hour. play the game if you like puzzles. if you don't like problem solving for the sake of problem solving, you won't like the game