Why do zoomers like to pretend that hating on Sonic makes you cool?

Why do zoomers like to pretend that hating on Sonic makes you cool?

Attached: sad-sonic-the-hedgehog-770x432.jpg (770x432, 35K)

Sonic IS shit. There is nothing you can do about it.

because the game grumps say so

If you actually unironically like Sonic i just have a bad opinion of you. Why the hell would anyone call themselves a fan on Sonic? This isn't a zoomer thing btw this shit has gone on since the 90's.

>pretend
Sorry, but 90% of his games nowadays are irredeemable. He has a few classics but they're buried by endless amounts of fanfiction-tier stories and terrible 3D controls.

Because they didn't grow up with Sonic 1, 2, or 3

Attached: 1525689880728.png (870x870, 25K)

Sonic is autism incarnate

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Because millenials are terrible at games and zoomers are easily influenced so they parrot their shit like how it's bad because it's not mario or some stupid stuff like that

I like Sonic but it's pretty sad how there's only like 6 or 7 at most games that are enjoyable from beginning to end in a franchise with like dozens of them, it definitely deserves the reputation of being a shit franchise because it could be so much better

early sonic is fun
newer sonic is generally bad, aside from a few diamonds in the rough like Colours

I'm 25 years old and even I'm ashamed of my Sonic obsession from youth

>aside from a few diamonds in the rough like Colours

Attached: Sonic cant believe what he's reading.jpg (1917x1080, 460K)

It's amazing how Sonic the Hedgehog had manage to last this long as a franchise without having ever had a single good game

yes you read right
it's a good game

I've never cared enough about Sonic to hate it

I don't think modern games are as bad as everyone says, most of them have been average, there have been some real stinkers though like Sonic Boom and 06

There are better games though. Sonic Adventure 1/2, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Mania.

Same but with Zelda

fpbp

I do think Sonic Adventures had shit controls and Sonic Heroes did as well

>enjoy sonic games
>look at sonic fans
>sonic are turbo autists
>"OHH n0o0o0o0o I LITERALLY CAN'T ENJOY SONIC GAMES ANYMORE :("

Zelda fans are too similar to Final Fantasy ones

I see this thread is full of zoomers

those would be more diamonds in the rough
there were more than one

Sonic hasn't been good in YEARS. It's a dead IP as far as I'm concerned

zoomers will never experience the awe induced by sonic’s level of coolness during the 90s

>a platformer without platforming, just going WOAH FAST COOL and memorizing the levels so you don't hit anything
Awful franchise.

>SA1
Only the Dreamcast version or Dreamcast Conversion mod for PC
>SA2
not too sure about that one
I do say advance 1 was pretty fun

what about mania

More like
>never have any interest in sonic games because the vast majority of them are mediocre garbage and the newer ones only seem to get worse
>see sonic defense force try and play this off as some singular literal who eceleb's opinion which only reinforces the fact that it's mostly true

Nope still bad, don't be blinded by nostalgia the genesis games were bad too.

I see more Sonic fans shitting on the games than people who don't like them, even critically praised ones like Mania have fans saying it's far from good enough

>vast majority is mediocre garbage
More than half of Sonic games in the franchise are decent

1.) They're the originally the fanbase everyone laughed at.

2.) The series has always scored poorly, with rarely, if any game from Adventure 2's original release, until Mania scored an 80 or above.

3.) Sonic 06' being a successful disaster.

4.) The immediate mainline game (Unleashed) was blasted for the Werehog stages, nullifying any redemption in most people's eyes.

5.) E-Celebs going for the whole "Sonic was never good." angle. See Game Grumps, Projered, and the RLM guys who had their own gaming channel (I completely forget what it was called )

6.) Sonic is more or less still an artifact of the 'tude era of the late 90s/early 00s (and Shadow having the edge of the Mid 00s) that's popular to make fun of.

Attached: moneyguy.png (289x319, 106K)

Sonic fans have a history of being the most unpleasable entitled fanbase.
>Waaah Sonics eyes are green
>Waaaaah they changed voice actors
>Waaaaah it's Robotnik not Eggman

I wasnt referring to DX, that is a buggy pile of shit. And SA2 is very enjoyable, dont let e-celebs tell you otherwise.

t. Never played a single Sonic game

the real question is why do zoomers now think it's acceptable to talk about sonic just because they pretend it's "ironic" and they're "not a sonic autist like those people."

Attached: hahahahaha.jpg (820x1206, 233K)

Hating Colors is a shitty meme

This is the reason why I'm glad that Sega isn't pandering to them, if they are going to hate it no matter what you do why bother?

>Sonic is more or less still an artifact of the 'tude era of the late 90s/early 00s
This is how I know you're a zoomer. The 'tude era was an early to mid 90s artifact.

Late 90s to mid 00s was the edge era.

I should've said 90s, instead of late 90s. 'tude era was still a thing back Skateboarding would stop being mainstream around 02-04.

Probably because Sonic is deader than disco.

The only good sonic games are the racing ones by sumo and team sonic racing is gonna be dope

what was bad about mania?

This, they didn't even play the oh so awful games, but listened to funny youtube man review them
t. Played shadow the hedgehog and enjoyed it

I wish they'd just go all out and just market Sonic as pure 90's cheese. Make all of his games reminiscent of the era, use those classic punk styled Sega commercials for all of his games, bring back the old designs etc

Mania rekindled a passion I had for the games I hadn't felt in years. Just do more of that. It was literally perfect

Attached: C61IBWKVwAA908V.png (610x803, 288K)

For the most part yes, but at least Sonic Mania was great.

I don't trust Sonic Team with anything Sonic.

Maybe they should mix it a bit with the 80s because it's what the kids are into right now.

The 3D games maybe but the Genesis classics and Mania are great platformers. I feel like you can't have actually experienced the 90's and have this opinion, only zoomers who grew up watching e-celebs think like this.

>Sonicbab thinks the Sonic games are good platformers

Attached: SNES_00.gif (256x224, 9K)

Mania was better than any 2D mario. NSMB sucks dogshit

Attached: 1538124333244.png (581x573, 363K)

Sonic is an underrated series. I have enjoyed pretty much every first party sonic game I've ever played from the classics to the newer ones. Even the "shit" ones like sonic riders and shadow. I wouldn't even call myself a sonic fan. The games are just fun and well designed.

>posts a franchise that became more adventure than platforming after 1990

y'all ain't even trying now

Zoomers shit on 3D Sonic.

It was still a thing, but it didn't really start in the late '90s. I notice as the years go by the '90s era moves up on this board. First it was mid and now everyone just has nostalgia for 1998. Either it's because of zoomers or 30 year old boomers are getting old and can't remember anything past 1998 anymore.

Yoshi's Island was a thing you know. It's not like SM64 was the only game to come out after 1990. Not to mention Allstars bringing the original trilogy back to the forefront in 1993.

Yoshi was the one that started it all though, Mario 64 would have been completely different if YI didn't expanded on the level exploration aspect of World.

Honestly Sonic games felt like push a button and watch for ten seconds then push another couple buttons. If you didn't grow up with Sonic the gameplay was gimmicky as hell.

Think about it for a second:
If you grew up on Genesis, you had 1,2,3&K, and the spin-offs that gen. Stretching it you had Sonic R on the Saturn. All this in the span of '91-'97.

If you grew up later, you had SA1,SA2, Heroes, Advance trilogy, Shadow, Mega/Gens Collections, and Riders. All this between '99-'06.

The modern kid playing Sonic today MIGHT have played Generations, and that's almost 8 years old. Since then there's been Lost World, the Boom games, Forces, and Mania, as well as Sonic '06 memes. Discounting phone games or whatever that's it. Nobody at school is talking about how cool Sonic is.

I thought this until I played Mania, something about that game flicked a switch in my brain and I was suddenly enjoying classic sonic gameplay

Well yeah it's a control-a-ball game they are all gimmicky shit
they are also kino

Zoomers? Isn't it the under 30 crowd that eats that shit up?

>Why do zoomers like to pretend that hating on Sonic makes you cool?
i'm 26
shitting on sonic has always been an easy way to get shitters to agree
even if it became true later in the years

And then you see them play the games and realize they play like garbage. Arin was fucking up the easiest shit

I just can't help but feel like there's some serious falseflagging going on here

Based and redpilled post

Attached: Taking one for the team.jpg (1920x1080, 809K)

Seriously at this point they should focus only on spin offs and maybe 2D games

If not that, then just get outside studios to make Sonic games instead, and give them a good enough budget to work with

It worked for Mania, so yeah

It's probably just because it's so easy to pile hate on it due to the numerous shitty entries that a good number of people who haven't played/been alive for the good games use it for easy bants.

it's really weird to think that a bunch of the people talking shit about sonic in general weren't even a twinkle in their dad's eye back when I was playing sonic and knuckles on the genesis

At this point 95% of Sonic games are unplayable trash.
That said, the reason zoomers shit on it is only because they see youtubers do it.

That's true. Seems like other devs actually get Sonic more than Sonic Team does