Yea Forums plays OpenXCOM 40k

A Terror mission in South Africa. 24 brave guardsmen who really need to learn to shoot better and carry more. A horde of vile demons and cultists. Who will win?

Attached: ohno.png (1272x796, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cold-moon.com/40k/Deff Skwadron/deff_skwadron.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HereticGuy barely misses the friendlies, but at least he didn't blow them up.

Attached: ohno.png (1272x796, 88K)

The many, the expendable! The Guardsmen!

>Who will win?
Mankind, as always

Attached: 1547887194488.jpg (800x703, 387K)

>Just as Planned

>filthy heretic can't even TK properly

oh shit now were talking

Attached: 1363591881382.png (599x2139, 91K)

Continued from by the way, if you wanna see the start.
The enemy turn passes with no casualties, and the friendly guardsmen even down a cultist with reaction fire! A bunch of plasma sails over our heads and a cultist attempted to punch Carlos in the face but did no damage.

Attached: ohno.png (1276x792, 65K)

>hereticguy
Corvus. He's an elf, by the way.

Attached: Wiki-background.jpg (1414x791, 212K)

Carlos gives him a faceful of bayonet, but you can't see it because of the structure. Alas.

Attached: ohno.png (1264x780, 114K)

Mario catches a flanking cultist! Sneaky bastard.

Attached: ohno.png (1284x784, 113K)

>what the fuck am i casting?

His years of being in videogames gives him a 6th sense

Both Mario and Bthony miss their shots, so Godburt goes and gives him a nice warmup to save their asses.

Attached: ohno.png (1236x816, 87K)

Tanya tosses Corvus another rocket and he readies for next turn.

Attached: ohno.png (1260x792, 118K)

A heretic AND an elf, he's gonna get the entire platoon "Questioned" by the inquisition

Chen barely misses the cult leader with a pair of grenades. Should have given her frag instead of krak, but there wasn't time.

Attached: ohno.png (1268x816, 108K)

Did i do good Ran-shama?

Attached: DLBH4FV.jpg (1000x971, 204K)

Wait a second Commander, are you using Prntscr and Paint to take screenshots?
You can just press F12 and upload the images straight from your OpenXcom folder

Oh shit can I
I'm retarded
Wario gives a demon a faceful of buckshot while Wavy misses repeatedly. The buckshot doesn't seem to do much, but it's the thought that counts.

Attached: screen005.png (1280x800, 69K)

Real talk, what's the point of playing OpenXCOM over UFO Defense if you aren't playing X-Piratz?

Attached: 1456488534189.jpg (261x216, 8K)

Cultist-chan scores a hit, but it doesn't seem to do much. He's not even bleeding.

Attached: screen006.png (1280x800, 63K)

Why don't you just live stream the game?

fixes bugs and adds a lot of QoL options, plus support for better resolutions and other mods

There is Literally no reason not to play Openxcom

>live stream
All playthroughs in Yea Forums are usually screenshot with live commentary

Are you legitimately retarded?

Attached: 1473630300257.png (500x736, 798K)

X-Piratez is good but I'm fucking awful at it. Also I like this mod a lot too.
Because I'd get anxious about that and also the mods crack down on streaming.

The demons cut down a bunch of friendly guardsmen, and the cult leader throws a grenade into the middle of our position. Amazingly, the only one wounded is Wavy.

Attached: screen008.png (1280x800, 78K)

Firing lines, dammit! The hell is this mess? You're all fighting like CULTISTS!

Ah, fuck that shit
I'll rather have the Yea Forums LP be exclusively be on Yea Forums, unlike the recent Nigger LPs

>gave Wavy her look too
You remembered.

It's a tool for easy x-com modding.

>Also I like this mod a lot too.
Holy shit I didn't even realize you were playing the 40k mod. It's been on my list for almost a year now. My fault for not reading the OP properly.

Attached: 1387967517592.png (836x721, 52K)

I'm making it so the demons have to move if they want to sword more than one guy. Also grenade protection.
Wavy gets patched up by Jade, then returns the favor. Cult leader down!

Attached: screen010.png (1280x800, 67K)

because Yea Forums's playthroughs have always been here in screenshots, live streaming is for faggets

That was actually completely unintentional, believe it or not.
Maki bathes the demon in flame, the friendly guardsman's corpse at it's feet.

Attached: screen011.png (1280x800, 52K)

And it goes down!

Attached: screen012.png (1280x800, 53K)

Burn all those heretics!

Attached: 1528822669942.gif (320x240, 603K)

Dickus kills another!

Attached: screen014.png (1280x800, 71K)

Because holy shit look at these options
Also, this is the ideal "Scaling" For 1080p monitors. I've been informed by Meridian that the 1/X options are Expanded to Fill, not stretched and the X is the "Zoom" level.

Attached: screen012.png (1920x1080, 24K)

>IG fire is so hot it can burn a demon that sets the ground on fire when it walks to death
Nice.

Attached: 1508525602385.jpg (344x256, 30K)

And Vance hucks a Krak, landing it directly at the feet of another demon, presumably the last. I feel we're going to get panicking cultists this turn.
Blessed promethium, yo.

Attached: screen015.png (1280x800, 65K)

Unintentional? Nice. Wavy will always be the Blonde Ponytail.

Finally, my good friend Dickus gets the glory he deserves.

Oh no there was one flying above Wavy that I didn't notice. Luckily, plenty of people still have TUs.

Attached: screen016.png (1280x800, 70K)

Looks like the Schola missed one.

Can you recruit other imperial units or do you choose a faction at the start or is this a guardsman game?

Attached: 1497122656767.jpg (243x322, 73K)

termies can use heavy flamers which ignite entire chunks, pretty useful for the space hulk missions

69 readies his shot.
You choose a branch at the start- Assault, Devastator, Tactical, Scout, or Guardsmen. Marine branches get to recruit sisters, and I wish the Guardsmen did too since they're rad. I actually like using them much more than marines since they come with their own armor, and are a bargain for it, while a marine is 50k just for a rookie in scout armor.

Attached: screen017.png (1280x800, 75K)

And he completely misses. Shit, time for the snipers to try.

Attached: screen018.png (1280x800, 75K)

And try they do! A hail of fire and a missed grenade launcher shot bring it down to earth. Carlos moves up to go for the cultist nearby.

Attached: screen019.png (1280x800, 75K)

well, it super late here, good luck hunting heretics commander, make the emperor proud

Bravo blows the heretic's head off before he can, though. I forgot to use him earlier.

Attached: screen020.png (1280x800, 75K)

It's destiny: she randomly got that haircut in the last X-Files run too

HereticGuy takes another shot, and doesn't fuck it up this time!

Attached: screen021.png (1280x800, 75K)

This cultist appears to be the last enemy, and went berserk.
Wario readies his shotgun.

Attached: screen023.png (1280x800, 71K)

>69 readies his shot.
And gets 69% chance to hit?

Attached: 1415029121103.jpg (883x1169, 463K)

And with one last shot, the mission is over! Amazingly, only Press F died, and for once Chen survived not one but two missions.

Attached: screen025.png (1280x800, 23K)

The gains are big! You can't see it, but Wario got +6 strength among other things.

Attached: screen026.png (1280x800, 23K)

F. Just tuning in. If you could name the next recruit Bo Dickemz I'd love you forever OP.

PROMOTIONS!
Will do, user.

Attached: screen027.png (1280x800, 23K)

>"only" 13 enemies killed
Looks like this mod has a reasonable balance, unlike others that pits you against literally hundreds of enemies

well now, that's quite the coincidence

Holy shit, Captain Bravo might actually make it to Captain at this rate

That's my Jhonny!

Gone but not forgotten. Our first casualty in the line of duty, of many more to come.
Don't worry, it's only the cultist missions that are reasonable. Just wait until it throws 20+ plasma-armed Raptors at me.

Attached: screen028.png (1280x800, 18K)

Oh yeah, I forgot another thing! When you beat a terror mission any survivors join you for free, so I've got two more open names!

Attached: screen029.png (1280x800, 24K)

John Nintendo

Dong MacDongs

Done!
Large Radar is up and running. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to end this thread here unless someone else wants to pick up the mantle- it's rather late and I've got shit to do tomorrow.
It's surprisingly fun doing this, despite the fucking captcha hell

Attached: screen031.png (1280x800, 62K)

goodnight commander

Corvus the heretic and Flynt " Fly " the doom guy.

Stay classy, Yea Forums.
Shit, I should probably figure out how tripfagging works.

Attached: screen032.png (1280x800, 67K)

Because no one likes your gay fetish

Goodnight Commander
Don't worry about captchas, you will get used after the 1000nd post

>it's rather late and I've got shit to do tomorrow.
The flesh is weak. We need a Mechanicus mod.

I though Taggart was "second-rate" canon. Corvus is named in the manual and IIRC even on the in-game help screen or something like that.

Since this is kind of also a 40k thread I figured I should ask here, where should I start with 40k?

Yeah, but it slows things down.

Dawn of War 1 and 2

if you're talking about lore, then start with the imperium and emperor of mankind. The whole setting revolves around them basically. After that then I guess chaos and whatever else suits your fancy.

Attached: johan-grenier-tzeentch-half-page-copy7.jpg (700x538, 144K)

As in 40k in general or this mod? Play Dawn of War 1&2, but also read Deff Skwadron since it's the finest piece of 40k literature out there.
cold-moon.com/40k/Deff Skwadron/deff_skwadron.htm
My only complaint about this mod is that orks are relegated to Space Hulk missions. Also that you're not playing as orks.

IF I SEE THAT FUCKING BIRD ONE MORE TIME

god damn deff skwadron really is something special

How do i get into this game? I remember trying to play it but getting overwhelmed by the amount of stuff i could buy but didnt know what for, and the base building being too complex for the brainlet me at that time. Do i need to read the game's manual?

Saul Rightman

read the descriptions on items to see what they do
build living quarters and general stores for your soldiers and scientists
always wait out the first turn in the skyranger

>Do i need to read the game's manual?
That's what you should be doing with any old game that has a manual because hand-holding or turning first X% of a game into a glorified tutorial wasn't normal back then.

Don't wait if there's an ayy staring you in the face since it'll just shoot you or potentially grenade your entire ship. Use the first turn to toss smoke grenades around the LZ, but don't move out unless you have really good cover.

you can look up some combat and management tips on youtube but it isnt as daunting as it looks

at the very basic level just make sure you have enough guns for everyone, ammo for your guns, medical supplies and stuff for everyone too

then when you have all that, you have to make sure your people are assigned to an aircraft and that every aircraft has the guns and supplies on it so they can take it on a mission

give openxcom a shot, it comes with alot of quality of life fixes. its a ton of fun when you figure out how everything works

is openxcom free or do i need xcom

is this 40k mod more ufn than this xpiratez shit

you need the original xcom but you can get that for cheap on gog or just pirate it
xpiratez is probably the most in depth mod so far and id say its the most fun one available, but thats just my opinion

Attached: termie party.jpg (1281x801, 444K)

Yes, read the manual or watch some youtube videos
If you played nu-Xcom it should be easy to understand what to do
Anyway at the beginning of the game you should:
>Buy extra rookies and add them to the Skyranger
>Buy lots of rocket launchers and heavy rockets for the terror missions
>Build extra storage rooms to help with micromanaging items
>Focus on spending money on Labs and Scientists, get laser weapons ASAP
>Don't forget to build an alien containement after doing the autopsy, if you're lucky you can also accidentally capture them without stun rods

Openxcom is free, but you'll have to find the original XCOM resources for it to work with most mods. It's an old game so it's not hard, though. Play vanilla before any of the mods.

Attached: can_I_interest_you_in_some_rending_claws.jpg (295x500, 57K)