You were still just a puppy

You were still just a puppy.

Attached: 20190323132517_1.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

HOW THE FUCK DO I BEAT HER?

Hit and parry, never back down.

First phase is bearable but the second one can suck a huge fucking dick

Deflect gud and use the shuriken to knock her out of the air.
Also fuck trying to dodge her unblockable with dodge, just jump away

>ting
>ting
>ting
>ting
>ting
>poke for 1 hp of damage
>repeat x200
She's pretty annoying but it's not that bad
It's literally just the same thing except she occasionally uses magic which can be easily avoided by free running.

Just run around until the illusions disappear. She has an additional attack chain that always goes the same and actually makes it easier, she will hit really hit 5 times and follow up with a sweep attack. Just deflect everything and jump kick her over the sweep

Top five boss fights in video games hands down. So fun and challenging.

Literally the worst first boss of any recent fromsoft game.

To beat Raging Bull do I just use firecrackers and stay on his ass?
I almost first tried him but have't been no where near as close on subsequent attempts

Attached: unit.webm (480x480, 1.24M)

Stop spoiling the game dumnass.

>So fun and challenging.
Depends, it's fun and challenging if you go sword to sword with her and try to deflect everything, some people i see just run around and chip her for 1 dmg whenever there's an opening.

Does this game have the same pseudo-difficulty that Dark Souls has?

I.e. you have to walk 5 minutes to a boss fight before you can try again. And those 5 minutes aren't challenging either, they are just walking and defeating the same type of enemy for the 6 millionth time. So by losing in a boss fight you get punished with time being taken away from your life.

Patience is not something I want to learn in a game that is about mechanical skills.

this boss does one thing well: it tells you what this game is going to be all about: it shows you that this game is not going to be about fun or engaging combat. It's about tedious deflect spam and doing minimal amounts of damage in tiny spurts until the enemy dies after 20 minutes.

>Literally the worst first boss of any recent fromsoft game.
Why?

Someone got his ass whooped by a grandma.

Yep

>doing minimal amounts of damage in tiny spurts until the enemy dies after 20 minutes.
You're wrong user, you're supposed to not lay off and go ham with deflects and attack. I see a fuck ton of people not realizing it's not about depleting her hp, it's about breaking posture.

I can do the first stage in 30 seconds at this point.

Literally just hit her to engage her block then side step forward diagonally and do a dodge attack. Use this and stay aggressive. you can destroy her first phase in a bout a minute like this with little to no damage taken. second phase is the same but you need to wait out the illusion magic attack behind a pillar.

Just beat her on 4th try, used dodge/attack like the game instructed before fight. It was actually very effective.

It doesn't have that, and I don't know why the other guy said it does.
Either the checkpoint is right outside the boss area, or you have to grapple for 20 seconds, with no enemies in the way

I beat her third try and didn't even use that bean shit, I don't see how people could really struggle against her
To be fair I did beat horse guy first so I had the damage increase from him

just run around like sanic heghog and cut his butthole to ribbons

Hit her twice, dodge to her side, do it again. I think this is an exploit though because it makes the fight so damn easy. Then throw shurikens when she jumps up onto her strings and it will knock her down on her back.

some fights, yeah, this particular fight, no

I take it you can't parry his attacks...

I have not fought a boss that took longer than 30 seconds to get to from a checkpoint. And I'm about to kill Genichiro.

I dont know if im retarded or what but i am not liking this game in the slightest. I can't even beat the fucking ogre with the fire barrel. I've restarted the game a total of 7 times now because of dragonrot. The mechanics are just not fun in the slightest.

>I can't even beat the fucking ogre with the fire barrel.
But that ogre is your run of the mill souls mini-boss, even without the flamethrower. Have you played From games before?

Attached: 1543255922140.jpg (219x187, 10K)

you probably can but my souls instincts kicked in and didn't get me killed this time

>I've restarted the game a total of 7 times now because of dragonrot.
You can just cure it, dude.

I understand the secret to this game now. If you are good the game is fun and fluid for you, but if you struggle with your reaction even a little the game becomes a huge chore, all because of the way posture mechanic works. Thats why there is such a great divide on it

his grab hitboxes are completely busted. I wouldve quit the game if anons didnt tell me about flame prosthetic which trivializes the fight

Dont target him and just sprint around like a lunatic.
When he runs past you, just sprint after him and poke at him with running attacks.
There is almost no way he can hit you if you just keep going full sanic

You can jump over the grab very easily.

I've beaten the entire series minus bloddborne without summons. This game just feels so different and i still don't get the mechanics. Shit, i've beaten the tutorial boss that you're supposed to die to but i cant beat this fucking ogre without getting dragonrot.
That feels like a cop out to me. What is the point of Dragonrot then if it can be cured? That's fucking retarded.

where the FUCK do i get the white pinhweel for this fat fuck

How the fuck do you kill treasure carps? I hit them but their bar doesn't go down

Wait, you can jump it? BRB

The only thing about him that is "slightly" busted is the tracking on his dropkick.
Honsetly tho, this boss is not very hard..

it works 50/50
sometimes he would just pull you in from the air

he is not hard at all, he is just broken.

You can shoot her out of the air with shuriken. Other than that being very aggressive worked for me.

Haha you are just trash at the game bruh, the ogre is literally a dark souls boss

>tried to jump his grab
>fucker grabs me out of the air
>slams me into the groud
>survive it barely
>takes my body and yeets it over his shoulder
>throws me off the cliff to my death
>gg no re

Dragonrot comes back after X amount of deaths and you can't cure it indefinitely

I heard from another user you can only kill one of them until you get and ability that lets you swim under the water. Retarded? Yes, i know.

>What is the point of Dragonrot then if it can be cured?
The item you use to cure it is limited in number, as far as I know.

Anybody else really struggling with Juzou the Drunk? I just spent the better part of an hour tying to beat him to no avail. Taking a break now to cool my head. It's really frustrating.

Never claimed to be good at this game. Continue though.

Hit them from in the water. You can swing your sword while swimming.
I just beat her after two hours, and it felt very satisfying to finally finish. How long did it take you lads? I got lucky a few times with stunlocking her while she tried to jump over and over, and got a perfect once on first phase, but it was still rough.

Why this fucker keeps looking at me at close range when I'm ready to revive?
At least the horse guy went away when he downed me

Kill the archers with shuriken then let the other samurai fight the scrubs while throwing shuriken at them to throw them off balance. Once it's you plus the other guy vs Drunkard + 2 shield wielding enemies it's much easier.

Perfect parry a good 90% of her attacks and whilst she's flipping from jump to jump, throw shurikens to knock her out of the air to put her back on the ground.
Keep running away from it, when you feel like you have a window; hit it in the head. This'll take off some of it's recovery stamina. Do it three or so times and it'll have a much easier time getting knocked down for the killing blow.

Restarting the game because of a curable disease. Nigga r u serious

kill the little fuckers around him first by either throwing a shuriken at one from afar to get easy 1vs1s or sneak around and backstab then run away until the aggro resets
then get the npc to run in and pull aggro so you can just start swinging from behind
npc died in my try shortly after the first deathblow so in the direct 1vs1 just parry his attacks then get 1 hit in yourself. His sweeping attack is very easy to spot so just jump at the right time
most annoying thing about that fight is all the small fries before you can get a 1vs1 with the drunken bastard

Easy cheese: don't activate the npc helper until you clear out all the shit mobs, then activate him so he can split Juzou's aggro for you.

How did this literal kino come out of nowhere?

I do swing my sword but they don't take any damage. I'm right on top of them

You can even though it doesn't make much sense and it makes the fight much easier.

Yeah, I usually just leave the shielded thugs alive because they're so slow anyways. I always panic mash the parry button when I'm facing Juzou though and it gets me killed. I know I'll beat him eventually but I'm stuck with the pre-victory blues right now.

sparce marketing and few actual footage of game was known so there was not much to shill with on Yea Forums for 6 months before the release date

You mean the dude in the memory?
I killed all his goons and then ganked him with the old samurai dude waiting next to them in the water

You can but he does tons of damage anyways because of the fire

cobra kai; attack first, attack fast

>first time in the area
>no idea what awaits
>see the dude standing there
>talk to him
>blablabla let's team up and kill 'em
>dude rushes in alone
>enemies spot him instantly
>kill him in seconds
>after npc is dead, enemies turn to me
>I'm still standing dumbfounded in the water
>realizing that a npc just pulled a leeroy jenkins on me

Is milf sensei the true shiter filter?

Attached: 1540948938692.jpg (647x516, 43K)

where's the nearest shrine for the owl boss fight? I went into the room where there normally is one and there was a fucking mini-boss

Do upgrade materials eventually become less sparse?

It's really tempting to cheese it given how much time I've spent on him but I'm gonna try and do it the way the game clearly wants you to a bit longer first. I just never feel safe when attacking him and wind up trying to deflect the whole time. Game is so stressful. u_u

What I did was rush down the archer IMMEDIATELY after activating the NPC helper, and then take out the two guys engaging your helper. After that, focus on the one or two non-shielded enemies with Juzou (try to get either him or the enemies to aggro to your helper to make things easier) and take them out, then handle the shields (if you haven't already figured it out, axe staggers them in one hit). For fighting Juzou himself, try to stay behind him whenever possible, and if you aren't, make sure you're doing blocks/parries on his sword attacks. It's much more effective at taking him down than dodging. Try to learn when he's going to do more than one swing, because it's sometimes unsafe to hit him after the first parry. Try to only use the dodge when he's doing a grab (he's very open after these, and they're your best chance to get in damage). Good luck.

Kill the two in the building to the left. Walk up slowly and only get Juzous attention. Have him follow you to the river. Lose his aggro, you'll know when his health bar disappears. Stealth attack him for one circle then go to the river and fight here there.

Pretty much what my exact strategy has been. I just gotta really reel my self in and try not to deflect the whole time. Thank you.

think i'm gonna drop the game lads. the parry system is kinda cool but the core game is a mess. upgrades feel useless, fighting crowds is horrible, and everything kills you in 2 or 3 hits. they should have just taken out stealth mechanics and made your parry instant so you could actually manage crowds and switched hp/posture values so it's a big deal to fuck up a parry.

killed her on 4 tries. Not too bad but pretty tough for a first boss compared to souls games. One shot the second boss and third boss though.

Those two to three hits are always lingering in my mind when I enter combat... stresses me out so much and I wind up panic mashing whenever I mess up which, obviously, gets me killed.

Isn't the dude on a horse the first boss?
I found him to be way easier and forgiving than this hag
Also fuck the beheaded

that fucking short sprint into unblockable slash gets me every fucking time. bitch even uses it so infrequently, I never anticipate it because it looks like every other "here I come to cut you" move of hers
fuck

Mada Mada

I thought that was the second boss. I killed the granny first. Haven't killed the headless guy since I noped the fuck out of there asap first time I saw him. I'm assuming he's pretty tough and I'm supposed to come back and fight him late game.

I had more trouble with the ogre than her since I had to get use to the gameplay, when I reached her it only took me 3 tries.

You just have to run and chase her with rushdown, remember to use the axe or spear prosthethic. Then in phase 2 you use the snap demon once on the mobs and when she is on the ropes you can use shuriken to knock her off.

the whole bosses start every attack with the same animation and then randomly add another attack in the end thing is fucking awful, especially since if you don't counterattack instantly you gain nothing, they really should of just made parries guaranteed damage

Vendors will have it back in stuck, but it will cost 2x compared to last time

stock*

Gyobu is the first boss

either one can be the first boss

you will be tempted to attack raging bull in his sides and ass, but DONT.

he takes more than 2x damage to his face. hit him from the side, but aim for his face.

fight is over in under 2 minutes if you focus the face.

and of course use firecrackers when hes charging

shuriken her out of the sky whenever possible, just straight up run/dodge when the butterfly attacks come out, wail on her and learn when you have to deflect

>about to start playing
Anything early game I should know about or be aware of? General things to look out for, avoid, etc.?

Attached: A TALKING DUCK.jpg (521x667, 134K)

>read poster
>"hey, if you jump when lightning strikes you then you can just yeet that shit right back"
thank you magic wall scroll

there is no downside to reviving yourself

one ogre early on has a fucky grab and now everyone says the game has shit hitboxes lmao

Fuck this shit, why is a mini boss harder than a actual boss? Im stuck at this piece of shit for like +2 hour and im getting tired of cleaning the whole area before fighting again

Attached: 654654.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

For the life of me, I can't understand why they gave the parry a delay. It feels like shit.
The gameplay in general feels like a mix of Nioh and MGR, but it's not half as tight as either.
And the æ°— symbol might as well not exist because all it does is trip you up. Whoever thought making it warn you of 3 different things that need to be dealt with in completely different ways is a total fucking tool.

reviving and running to a bonfire to rest is better than dying

HAHAHAHAH you're joking right? Those are the easiest minibosses
Wait until you get to Spear guy or Purple Ninja

You can literally just spam Nightjar Slash and win

It's not even funny how many minibosses/bosses can be looped

That is spear guy.

Are there any big world changing events that happen in this game?

>Wait until you get to Spear guy

This is a spear guy user

Thats the samurai guys though
Spear dudes wear robes

you must have missed this part when the streamer got to it

this game feels like assassins creed and dark souls mixed together
the stealth and backstab mechanic, your arm is your utility belt, jumping around and climbing on everything from AssAss but with the grimm world setting and game difficulty from DS

That is the Seven Spears, dumb ass.

Those spear dudes you're talking about are chickenshits compared to that specific fucker.

I would not be posting this if I didnt have problems with him. It takes like 5-8 mins to clean the whole area before I can go around him and stab him from behind, just to see myself getting hit a single time and lose 90% of my HP. Not to mention even if im behind him he just does a 180 turn and hits me anyway, counter barely works. Lady butterfly took me like 10 tries and yet im stuck on this spear mini boss for 2hours

Attack quickly after each of her attack sequences.
Shoot her with Shuriken while she's in air.
Do a whole lot of blocking.

Then don't clear them out, just sneak past them all and fight him alone at the top of the hill.

okay
i have seen a lot of hidden areas/items mentioned a lot but that you can also easily miss them permanently. anything important that is missable or are they supplemental items (consumables, etc.)?

This game's parry system is worse than Metal Gear Rising's.

She is much easier than that fucking purple ninja guy. I must have died dozens of time to him before resorting to the style of the rat and stabbing him in the back. Granny took only a couple of tries after that oredeal.

MADA MADA

>first samurai fight
>just parry, attack and jump when he sweeps
>all the things you've learned from the enemies you've met before
>no problem, easy kill
>first chinobi hunter fight
>game literally tells you how to win
>counter 90% of his attacks, then bash his face in
>no problem, easy win
>drunkard fight
>game gives you a npc that draws all the aggro
>you can just swing your sword around like a fucking lunatic and go on a killing spree
>no problem, easy fight
>Gyoubu Masataka
>literally just press parry and attack when his weapon is stuck in the ground
>no problem, easy win
>find Headless
>mist slows you down to unmanageable levels
>attacks are wierd as fuck because they start slow and suddenly go really fast making it hard to predict/parry
>curse alignment kills you instantly after 2 hits
>need a special consumable to even be able to damage him

I've died 3 times and now have run out of confetti. Fuck that guy, I'll come back later

At some point in your quest, you will happen upon a nice place called the Abandoned Catacomb.

Do NOT go in there.

Attached: 20190323201140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

What the fuck am I meant to do here to proceed?

Attached: snekiro.png (1920x1080, 2.79M)

I zerg rushed through this lmao, those ninjas do not stay dead

I just beat the drunk fat guy in the memory, is she the one who's behind the locked door after that? Also, where's the key to that?

>Abandoned Catacomb
>image says Abandoned Dungeon

Attached: so innocent and pure.png (105x225, 12K)

go back to the bridge with the 2 shield dudes and cross the bridge. Ahead of you should be a chinobi hunter and some enemies. kill them and you can go further. You'll find the key at the end of the road

How does the deflect mechanic work? Won't my posture always no matter what go up if I attempt deflect her attacks?
So far I've just dodged and hit her once at the end of combo and drained her health but I haven't gotten past phase two yet. I don't see how I can go toe to toe with her, shell just stagger me.

Attached: 46D26AB754CB4D11BD893A0961B29785.jpg (1024x762, 144K)

Anyone else having a problem hitting the carp in the water?

You get a skill later that lets you dive underwater, making it easier

perfect reflect will not make it go up as much

yours also will heal faster

So I just got back to the Resrvoir. Is there a way to get ontop of the bridge I shimmied along before? I I feel like I am missing something basic

Not only does it have that, it also penalizes you for dying by removing half your shekels and your experience, as well as making NPCs sick so you can't progress their sidequests and eventually killing them.
FUN.

Just fell down there myself, havent gotten out but I noticed there's a ledge you might be able to shimmy on to the right side of the bridge (when looking from where you entered the area)

It also seems like you can just go around the long way

Alright. What I've been doing so far must be the best way then because though my posture will heal faster, she outputs attacks much faster than I can.

What's the long way?

Look for a tree you can grapple to, it's also to the right of the bridge on the side you came in on

From there there's a path to an idol and more stuff to explore

please respond

>miss one parry timing
>die
epic game
and while you die in 1-2 hits enemies take at least 100 to die
either sekiro is a complete weakling or enemies are literal gods

Dive grab is a sweep

you can technically run past everything that isn't needed for progression but I have yet to encounter something that would be permanently lost due to missing it on your first pass through the area
I first ran past the chinobi axe and those fucking shield enemies took forever to kill. I later grabed it after a friend told me about it

So whats the deal with this little alcove over here? Also how do I get the item on top of the statue across from me? I don't see a grapple spot

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 2.69M)

Do you mean this spot?

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 3.34M)

>everything kills you in 2 or 3 hits
I kind of like that tbqh. Really makes me feel like a samurai fighting with no armor, like in those old movies

No, I think it's behind and to the right of you

If you imagine you're walking up to the bridge like you did when you first got there, it'd be immediately to the right

>Top five boss fights in video games hands down.
Play more videogames zoomyboy.

Should I use my revives or does that cause dragon rot? Also the woman who gave me the bell died, even though I used the item to cure the disease, did I fuck up?

>

Quadraxis has most of these bosses beat tbqh

We get it, you played Sekiro like the rest of the retards that make pointless threads like this one.

I'm trying to get onto that bridge. Is there no other weay

Apparently she always dies no matter what

holy fuck is this true? i came across one underwater that couldnt be hit no matter what and a dive ability would be why i couldnt jesus christ

>get to her before the actual first boss in the game
>after a lot of deaths I reach her second phase
>"nope"
>return and explore the other places I've not been to, increase my hp pool and kill the other boss for the damage upgrade
>finally return and miraculously one-shot her including the second phase

I hate to say but, just git gud.

can you buy confetti?

>almost beat her on first try
>die about half way through phase 2
>takes 20 more tries to finally do it

>Yea Forums liek dmc5
>Yea Forums hate sekiro

gotta git gud

Apparently you can after the corrupted monk fight.

How the fuck do I beat this headless cunt?

Anyone else feel bad about killing an old granny? The fight was so easy; you basically just overwhelm her while she attempts a pathetic struggle to survive.

It can be kind of wonky because the part of your slash that actually goes underwater is in front of you and pretty small. I had pretty good success when using the stab you get while fast-swimming. I've heard you can throw ceramic shards in the water to lure them up if they're deep, but I haven't seen any like that and I've killed like 5 on the surface.

>reviving and running to a bonfire to rest is better than dying

>mfw i've been playing it like dark souls and just dying over and over again

Attached: krash.jpg (320x320, 13K)

People die a lot while playing souls? But you get free healing at every checkpoint.

Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to have a miniboss here?

Attached: 20190324030916_1.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

>don't mind me, I'll just stand here under this crack in the roof of the cave

same guy who designed capra demon's room probably

It's generally a good idea to place one at every branch functioning as a gatekeeper. Telling casuals, "if you can't beat this, you shouldn't be here."

I'm dumb, tried to just stealth him and it didn't work. had to just get 2 DBs. Can you kill him once from the drop?

I AM THE APESLAYER

nah, it just removes one of his DBs making the fight 50% easier

yeah that's what I meant, and nice I'll keep that in mind for my next playthrough if this has much replay value besides it just being fun to play

>Stumble upon the centipede guy
>Assume I'm there too early because he does too much damage
>Try it again for fun a few minutes later and realize he's actually easy as fuck

run from the bonfire and spider man over to his little island then backstab him before he reaches bottom of the steps

yeah I couldn't into consecutive deflections at first, but its clearly designed around doing that. definitely easy and pretty fun
I also like that you're not totally fucked if you mistime a deflection and only guard

>stealth stab him once
>mikiri counter
>win

My nigger, I even made sure he survived
kek

You can revive as much as you want and it has no downsides. Don't believe the games filthy disgusting lies - REAL death, i.e. dying and respawning at the statues, is what actually creates a problem.

>eyes feel dry because the action is so intense i cant even blink
how do i sue miyazaki for this?

no

wow u gay nigga

So can you kill those bug spewing monks?

not as much as the devs who are literal sadists who want people to suffer. i get that making a game can be very frustrating just dont take it out on me.

>tfw it took me 3 hours to beat her
Am I mentally handicapped, bros?

>sneak behind his ass
>"dude I wonder where the fuck this gay ass shinobi is"
>oh, you can talk to him
>mfw

Attached: 1345009056465.jpg (150x188, 26K)

I think she is the only boss in the game that is weak to side stepping

Attached: file.png (632x337, 435K)

charge attack, always works

>dream all my fucking life of a sword fighting game where characters die in 1 hit realistically and you just damage their stamina to the point they cannot defend themselves and just get finally hit and die
>it just sorts of come out

DAMN sekiro was so close to my dream game, too many bosses need to be damaged so their posture damage stays up, otherwise it would've been perfect!

when you get thrown spam the grapple. a marker appears over his head that you can pull yourself back on

genichiro comes before both
yes you can beat him
no it doesn't change shit lol

you need genjutsu

Finally killed her after about 30 tries jesus fuck.
Hiding behind the pillars during the second phase to avoid the ilusion projectiles is what did it for me.

you come FROM there later, it's a loop back into the area you are now, it comes after the snake "fight"

>tfw physics glitch out and half your coat disappears

looks cooler like this tbqh

Attached: file.png (632x344, 531K)

>being aggressive is an exploit
It's literally the entire game. How is constantly attacking to force their posture bar down an exploit? It's not DS block and wait.

>Increases the maximum number of spirit emblems that can be held
>by 1

Attached: 1545350539044.jpg (900x900, 109K)

I'm not into old ladies but the way she moves... IMAGINE.

Why not just use the seeds the near dead guy gives you before the fight, instant kills all illusions.

not him but he only gives you 1 seed, I tried using it and it basically did nothing. her illusions continuously spawn when that phase is active anyway

hey it's a tough old world.

Am I a bad shinobi if I exploit minibosses by sneak attacking their first lifebar and doing other dishonorable things to win?

Attached: snake eye cheese.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

Nope. Winning is winning.

Good because I savescum as well.

actually the granny comes before them all
yes it's canon that she died before them
no i don't give a fuck lol

How did Miyazaki get away with literally copying a Nioh boss?

Attached: file.png (740x416, 601K)

It's worse, a ton of bosses also come with mobs that make the fights impossible to manage so you have to spend 15 minutes taking them out without aggroing the boss first

My theory is that Miyazaki wanted too much money in order for Sekiro to be a PS4 exclusive but the Nioh team wanted peanuts. They're the same fucking settings and game with a different take.

chronologically speaking yes
but game wise you fight bow fag

>nioh
>exclusive

Wall jump.

It was exclusive for 9 months.