Going to play Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for the first time. Should I play it vanilla...

Going to play Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for the first time. Should I play it vanilla, or get mods that fix the game and add cut content?

Attached: vampie bloodlines.jpg (460x215, 43K)

Unofficial Patch is mandatory. I recommend the basic version for your first few playthroughs.

install just the fixes on your first playthrough, cut content on your second

The latter, but only use the Basic patch and not the Plus one that changes shit and tries to shoehorn in all the half-finished content. The game is virtually unplayable in its absolute “vanilla” state.

Alright, thanks anons

you can use the official patch or any of wesp's version of the basic patch NOT the advanced patch. I'm sure someone will post the pic

just go pirate the gog version that's already patched and quit making things overly difficult for yourself

Now that this franchise has been confirmed sjw trash, nobody on Yea Forums can recommend you play it

>cut content on your second
Why? Is cut cotent that bad?

Tremere is the best clan

Install only the unofficial patch.
Choose whatever clan you are drawn to.
Explore areas. There's lots of quests hidden in buildings and the game generally rewards thinking.
Put some points in combat abilities though because the last third is combat heavy.
Dont open it.

The modauthor has gone insane after fiddling on the mod for years and has moved from just fixing bugs and restoring content to completely changing game mechanics, adding shitty music and adding terrible questmods.
Only recommended when you're really starved for more after playing the game several times already.

>Don't open it
uh, okay.

>The modauthor has gone insane after fiddling on the mod for years
Classic Malkavian

Most of the cut content is a handful of environments that lack any sort of meaningful quests or even voice acting, so the mod creators try to fill in the holes with emails written by characters that talk jarringly unlike how you’d expect them to and a couple NPCs who are voice acted by the most amateurish people they could find.

It’s the equivalent of filling a pothole in a road with foam packing peanuts. Yeah, they made an attempt to fix it, but it’s so ineffectual that you’re better off just not trying to use the fix.

Any differences between gog and steam version?

how quality is clan wars mod?

Gog has the official patch that fixed the game from being literally impossible to finish, but the unoficial patch does that too.

as already said the gog version is prepatched

If you've got the Steam version, to run the game with the unofficial patch you have to either run the game from a shortcut that will be created, or else add -game Unofficial_Patch to the launch options for the game so Steam will know to run the patched version and not the unpatched version.
Apparently the GOG version comes with the basic version of the unofficial patch already installed or included, I'm not sure on the details.

Attached: vampire.jpg (1680x3175, 3.12M)

Basic Unofficial patch is your option. Cut content was unfinished af and looks terribly in it current state.

Sounds like this game is just some some open world game, but with vampires? I thought Yea Forums hated open world games?

It's not open world. It's a hub-based RPG.

gog comes with 1.2 official and up10.2 already installed, they maintain it and update the installer regularly as new version of up come out, its brainlet proof.

Attached: 1540228227971.jpg (736x114, 17K)

Best gaming store.

it varies hard. You have quests like the Venture and Tremere which are at least thought out and mean something while you have something like Brujah Where Damsel tells you you to kill Strauss in his and he fights back with a shotgun and not blood magic

The non clan required side quests are awful except the Kuei-Jin one but there's a twist in that one most people on this site would bemoan about

With a questionable combat.

>Guide meant for new players
>spoils the game
fuck off

>also started my first playthrough today
>get to the spooky mansion
>the ghost lady keeps appearing and a disappearing
>someone manage to glitch the game
>she doesn't disappear
>start punching the fuck out of her
this game is great

Attached: 1502208006298.png (510x596, 467K)

I think I will give it a shot and avoid some of the shittier quests, thanjs

Cheesing npcs in this game is great. There's a boss later in the game if you're a Ventrue or Tremere you can kill them in one move before their health bar appears

Im a bit confused on the clans. So all clans have magic, but the Tremere have blood magic? Can the tremere use the other forms of magic as well?

Disciplines are each specialized abilities which come from the blood, Fortitude will make you tough but thats it just varying degrees of toughness. They are supernatural but not magic and quick to learn compared to blood magic.
Blood Magic is complicated rituals and shit with a wide array of applications. It's also not actual true magic since vampires cant get that but basically mimics it through blood.
There's also Necromancy but thats used mostly by the Giovanni clan of vampires.

Attached: giovanni clanbook image.png (791x1005, 357K)

What makes the vanilla version unbeatable?

Cool, thanks.

Zoomers can never understand old games, so don't bother

Did they ever fix the infinity stat loop you could do during character creation in the base game?

What?.

How limited are you in a Nosferatu run? Isn't just being seen a masquerade violation? Does that mean you can't use shops? What about quests like when you go into the diner to talk to the lady?

Attached: question-person-clipart-1.jpg (1600x1600, 99K)

Do you mean the void that gives you a fuckton of XP? That's the games new game +.

Or is there actually a glitch that lets you max everything another way?

When the game first came out when making your character you could use up the stat starting free stat points you get then go to the next part of the character creation then just click back and you would get a new 3 points to add all over again with it not resetting what you had already done so you could just go back and forth and pretty much maxing out your character at lvl 1.

You can walk around you just can't get close to anybody.

>diner lady
She dies from fright.

You are not a zoomer if you didn't play a specific old game, zoomer.

I mean you just can open the console and cheat what's the point?.

Was just wondering since it was always nice for RP kinda set ups. like you could say you were a cop before you were turned so you started with high gun skills and such or a prize figher so your hand to hand was good. Maxing it out was boring but doing sum added a lot to the game.

I hate that fucking Lasombra

Guns are busted in vtmb.
Why the fuck they always shoot back when you shoot at them, this is really fucking dangerous in late game when enemies use crossbows.

The game’s been out for 15 years now, spoilers are fair game

oh i agree just gave a nice mix of flavors to make replaying more fun. since like you said if you spent the whole time lvling your guns you were not having fun at the end but if you start with it high its fun to mix in.

>spoilers are fair game
>in a guide specifically for people playing for the very first time
don't be a retard