XCOM'S GONNA GIVE IT TO YA

My hard drive failed last month and erased all of the memories we built together. So it's time for us to make some new memories.

Welcome back to the show where you tell me the names of your favorite characters and then watch them die by bleeding/explosions/hot plasma into the face/mindrape/chryssalids.
Since it's a fresh start, we will need to adjust some shit first.
We're gonna use the option to explode grenades instantly when thrown and, by popular demand, the 3D explosions option, too.

Attached: screen000.png (800x600, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8
lparchive.org/X-COM-UFO-Defense/Update 29/
youtube.com/watch?v=DK4FTvaW_6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Of course, we have to play like it should be played.

Attached: screen001.png (800x600, 10K)

Now, in order to start, we need to build a base wherever we want.
But where should we put it?

Attached: screen002.png (800x600, 21K)

Remind me, where have all our other bases been so far? I’m kinda feeling like we shouldn’t put it somewhere in Western Europe at the very least this time.

First time we started in North America, second time in Northern Europe, Third time in Africa and now it's up to you.

Hmm...
Is Cyprus or Rhodes on the map?

Sorta.

Attached: screen003.png (800x600, 17K)

That’s Crete.
Alright, put it in Crete then.

Goddammit, where the hell is everybody?

Well, shit. Guess I'm retarded.

These threads always start slow, mainly because nobody expects an XCOM thread out of nowhere, and because zoomers don't know about it, either. We'll get some people once we start naming troops.
Talking about names, you get to decide the name of the base, given how we're the only people in here.

Attached: screen004.png (800x600, 20K)

rage

Cookies and Cream Strip Club

Over the years, this is probably my most played game. I never got into the sequels very much.

I wish they made a dcent remake. True to the original but with some small changed. I thought the reboot was pretty mediocre but didn't play the sequel.

Either Northern Cyprus (because this discussion), or South Greece (because Macedonia).

The Scatcave

No, that’s the thread password.

Well, rage it is.

Bless this mess.

Attached: screen005.png (800x600, 28K)

Outer Haven?
Cause why not.
Also, new guy here.

Welp, fuck.

Now, for the moment everyone was waiting, we need 8 valiant names, for the troopers that will carry us to victory.

Attached: screen006.png (800x600, 17K)

Al Habeeb-it

Gigachad Supreme

Only one man would be fitting at this point.

...I’d still say it’s too early for him, though. I’ll give the name Honk Honkler until then.

Attached: 6BBDB2BD-F684-4C4D-896E-D5D7C632CF6A.png (818x976, 846K)

XxxShadowSniper666xxX

Mr. Sperminov

Horace Knightley

The Engineer

Christ Church

bort

Wort Wort Wort

We also need to name our Skyranger and our Interceptors.

Attached: screen007.png (800x600, 11K)

Foehammer

THE FUCK FLIER
FUCK YOU CAPTCHA WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING SLOW HOLY SHIT

Skyranger is Ironic Xenocide
Interceptor names are b0rf and Ouya

Brenton Tarrant

Wait, fuck it. Skyranger is Kilo-023

That was quick. Now we need 3 more names for cannon fodder.

Attached: screen008.png (800x600, 17K)

Secundus Commander

GHOST FROM TRUE CAPITALIST RADIO

Sylvester Molestor McMonkey McSpanky

It's been 6 days and ayys are already looking for hot human dick.
Let's fuck them up.

Attached: screen009.png (800x600, 22K)

Didn't even downed them, so there's gonna be a shitload of them alive.

Night mission, no flares, no laser, human weapons only, final destination. Let's roll.

Attached: screen010.png (800x600, 20K)

IT'S TIME

Attached: 13351923912.png (604x629, 467K)

Nice. I demand at least one soldier is outfitted exclusively with grenades.

I demand one to be exclusively outfitted with electroflares and for his name to be Master Ninja.

Fucking hell, I heard a shitload of barn doors opening and closing and I have almost no grenades.

Attached: screen011.png (800x600, 13K)

Goddamit, Horace. Do you even know how to use a gun?

Attached: screen012.png (800x600, 22K)

Our elite marksman unit hits once, but we're using peashooters at this point, so the ayy lives still.

Attached: screen013.png (800x600, 10K)

Based XxxShadowSniper666xxX

The Engineer dropped 3 direct shots into that bastard, and now it's down.
But I'm really fucking scared, because the death cry is something I've never heard before. I hope I didn't installed a mod with new races by error.

Attached: screen014.png (800x600, 11K)

HANG EM ENGINEER, HANG EM ALL

Fucking barns. Why did it had to be a night mission with barns?

Attached: screen015.png (800x600, 11K)

We've hit it like 4 times and it still doesn't go down.
I could use some lasers right now...

Attached: screen016.png (800x600, 8K)

This cheeky fucker tried to sneak on us. Too bad I still don't have the prod.

Attached: screen017.png (800x600, 42K)

Storm in with a honorable soldier to lure them out

Even without prod, we managed to not kill it.

Attached: screen018.png (800x600, 40K)

bort got a kill and now we're closing the perimeter in order to breach the UFO.
So far, so good. it's almost unbeliavable how smooth this is going.

Attached: screen019.png (800x600, 15K)

I almost jinxed it. There's another motherfucker shooting from this side. Let's try to find it to push his shit up his ass.

Attached: screen020.png (800x600, 15K)

keep going

One less to take care of. Let's find the other one.

Attached: screen021.png (800x600, 18K)

Extremely manly starting build

Inb4 alien retaliation

the ayys are just fucking with you today

This fucking idiot just went out of the UFO to do nothing but position itself between my units. Smoke is incredibly effective, apparently.

Attached: screen022.png (800x600, 46K)

Twinkie house!

Attached: screen023.png (800x600, 47K)

Better now than later, especially when this is our first fucking mission.

well, i wasn't expecting new xcom threads for another couple of months atleast, has the whole phoenix point fiasco make the nostalgia itch?

also, we better not get another Sicarius, i don't think i can handle another disaster from the ultrafailure

Attached: 1532981870439.png (1280x800, 191K)

Ayy

Attached: screen024.png (800x600, 37K)

Phoenix Point? What’s that? I just thought of the idea because Nigger had come back and started playing TLP again.

lmao

Attached: screen025.png (800x600, 29K)

Mr. Sperminov's gonna shoot!

Inb4 he screws up an Aimed Shot-
Aww.

Why do HP bars go partially white sometimes? I know that when it’s flashing, it means they’re bleeding out, but not when it goes partly white.

I think it's supposed to be their stun damage, which they can get by standing in smoke.
I think, anyways. To be honest I haven't really played this game at all, I'm mostly basing this off an LP I watched.

Your units can fall unconscious if they stand in smoke too much?

Jesus christ, it hurts to watch that screenshot.
And I'm doing this because someone was interested to see it once again, also because I wanted to play again, because the previous screenshots died with my old hard drive.
I believe it's the stun damage, but I've never actually paid attentio to it too much to confirm.
Delicious, delicious elerium. There's still one ayy on the run, but I can't find it.

Attached: screen026.png (800x600, 28K)

I guess so.

Have you checked your corners on the UFO?

Yeah, it can happen if you stand too much turns in smoke. Having a full armor protects you from that, but we're too far, far away from that.
It's near this place. Motherfucker tried to cheapshot The Engineer from afar, but that was its last mistake.

Attached: screen027.png (800x600, 23K)

The white bar is stun, and yeah standing in smoke does some stun damage.

“Full armor” means Power Suit, right?

Yeah. Either the Power Suit or the Flying Suit, as both provide full armor.
Motherfucker tried to hit and run, but it ain't so fast.

Attached: screen028.png (800x600, 25K)

I'ts stun damage, standing in smoke causes stun damage, and will knock your units unconscious if they stand in smoke too long (Power armor prevents stun damage, and i think personal armor also reduces it a little)

The Engineer got his revenge and blasted the motherfucker away.

We did it, and with peashooters. Too bad alien containment is still on the works.

Attached: screen029.png (800x600, 21K)

Goddammit, of all times for me to lose my Horace Knightley macro...

Is XCOM as fun as those threads make it out to be? I always enjoy the rounds with Yea Forums but never played it on my own due to being an utter brainlet at strategy

But we still get the sweet-ass loot, and a financial headstart.

Attached: screen030.png (800x600, 22K)

It's fun as shit, and you don't need to play on superhuman ironman at the start. Just play a normal campaign to get yourself accostumed to everything, and when you feel ready, you can increase the difficulty later.
PROMOTIONS!

Attached: screen031.png (800x600, 20K)

Yes it is. I read the Guavamoment LP on LPArchive with no idea about how XCom worked five years ago, and it still managed to totally captivate me.
Heck, try playing Enemy Unknown. You’d probably like it.

Is this OpenXCOM

the new xcoms from firaxis are gamey so if you're shit at strategy you probably won't like them, but the OG xcoms are more simulationist and while there is still strategy, if you use common sense you can play it just fine.

Attached: 1404264411981.png (1002x764, 73K)

>Ironman option
You tell me.

Yeah. It fixes a lot of bugs and lets you pick some extra options, so it's always good to run it.
We're finally advancing to the Renaissance, boys.

Attached: screen032.png (800x600, 23K)

it depends on how well you handle losing, the game is neither super complex nor the hardest game ever, but it will shit on you if you don't know how to play, and it will feel unfair until you finally learn how to play and how to handle what the game throws at you

at first it will seem like there is a ton of RNG, but as you learn how to play, you find out that the game gives you more than enough tools to deal with it in a consistent way, shit might happen but its always fixable

tldr, if you can handle losing and learning from your mistakes the game is great, if you can't stay away from it since it will only give you frustration

Attached: 1529775374404.png (1280x800, 23K)

Gonna need 7 more names, homies.

Attached: screen033.png (800x600, 17K)

MJ

using plasma just feels wrong desu, I always stick with lasers even after being more than able to research and equip my teams with plasma shit. I still use blaster launchers though

Julian Gollop

Jim Twinkiehouse

Rick

Master Ninja

The Nosemen

el ayuwoki

Attached: ayuwoki-el-nuevo-meme-viral-que-en-verdad-tiene--312035-936725-jpg_700x0.jpg (700x394, 39K)

Since thread is slow is Xcom2 worth it? I beat the first one but was never good/patient enough to play on higher than normal mode.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how well you handle timed extraction missions.

There's nothing wrong with sticking to lasers. They're good, use less TUs and can make sectopods cry like little sissies.
These ayys are getting really cynical, flying around our base like if we weren't there.

Attached: screen034.png (800x600, 22K)

I was unable to catch the first one, but this one goes relatively slow. Gonna get yo asses, you fucking ayys.

Attached: screen035.png (800x600, 22K)

90% of why I'm interested is because 1's gameplay was way too overwatch heavy to the point it was immersion breaking and I heard 2 fixed that by making missions timed.

it's pretty similar, but has a lot of timed missions because they are lazy and could't be bothered to make it more difficult properly

can't talk about the dlc's though, didn't bother playing them, for what i heard some where fine, some where shitshows

2 is great

Can we get TFTD or X-Files later?

Thread's always slow. That's half the magic of it. You can be watching something else while you keep the thread open and you won't miss anything, ever.
Let's tail it for a while. I'm sure it's gonna land somewhere nearby, given how low and slow it's going.

Fucking captcha is killing me.

Attached: screen036.png (800x600, 33K)

x-files is too slow of a burn for a playthrough desu, it takes fucking years and most of that is just scorpion/chupucabra killing

I can try TFTD when we finish this one. I'm sure I'm gonna get my ass destroyed in at least 5 different ways, but I really want to try it.
It actually landed. And we're gonna land on it, because elerium.

Attached: screen037.png (800x600, 21K)

didn't you have a Yea Forums acc or was it another commander who had it?

Attached: 1393716598414.jpg (407x405, 99K)

X-Files just takes too long to do a Yea Forumsthrough, TFTD would be nice, the last one was an exiting mess

Ironically, somebody did try Xfiles on Yea Forums once.

I ain't paying these jews anything. Must've been someone else. Hiroshimoot's already selling my info, that should be enough money for him.
AROUND BARNS

Attached: screen038.png (800x600, 10K)

>If only Drill Instructor Barnes could see me now!

DEAD CHADS

Attached: screen039.png (800x600, 48K)

Goddammit, first death.
Least it wasn’t one of my units yet.

His cawadoody brah avenged him, but we're gonna carry that weight.

Attached: screen040.png (800x600, 11K)

3 times actually, but thats why we know it's not really meant for Yea Forums, at most you can do a FMP playthrough here and that is still considerably too long

oh, i totally agree hiroshimoot doesn't deserve a cent, i just remembered one of the commanders having an account that somebody in a thread bought for him so he could continue posting

Attached: 1521665049748.jpg (680x649, 427K)

Fucking hell. they're all at the barns. i fucking heard it.

I have no HE and I must explode.

Attached: screen041.png (800x600, 10K)

Attached: 1505424456491.png (2656x802, 806K)

Thanks. I needed this image back.
Eat it, you ugleh son of a bitch.

Attached: screen042.png (800x600, 10K)

Normal grenades don't do the work. I really need to get my hands on some HE.

Attached: screen043.png (800x600, 30K)

Commander, buy some HEs, have them stacked on 1 guy, all primed. Then start throwing shit at the ayys for maximum keks and barn destruction

Or just give somebody a rocket launcher and let him go to town XCom Apocalypse style.

And I know just the guy for the job...

We need HE and conga lines

Attached: 1486071832760.png (613x756, 160K)

Guess I'll just try to kill them all the old way and look around every barn.
That is, if I can actually hit at least one of them.

Attached: screen044.png (800x600, 28K)

>playing with the 2x HE damage mod for memes and fun
>blast radius is so big rookies can't throw far enough to avoid the explosion from their own HE

The ayys, or the barns?

>I’ve heard of not hitting the bright side of a barn before, but this is ridiculous!

Based muslims.
Both. They're one, after all.
Thankfully, not even ayys are immune to MJ's dance moves.

Attached: screen045.png (800x600, 30K)

Why not both? If he had explosives.

[BAZINGA]

God dammit. They fried my man 3 times from the fucking barn and he's still alive.
Let's hope he's not bleeding, or else he'll go down in 2 more turns.

Attached: screen046.png (800x600, 32K)

Attached: 1520103787461.jpg (500x299, 63K)

This is Superhuman. Of course he is.

MYSTERY NIGGAS

Attached: screen047.png (800x600, 12K)

Make 'em unmysterious

Let's see how mysterious they are when I get their stupid ass wall down.

Attached: screen048.png (800x600, 29K)

Attached: 1481391454151.jpg (736x904, 287K)

Get yo ass swoop.

Attached: screen049.png (800x600, 36K)

>giving the Elite the Rocket Launcher

1 outside (dead), 2 inside (alive), 3 on top (2 dead, 1 alive).

Now this is why you need HE on you ALWAYS.

Attached: screen050.png (800x600, 18K)

AI get unlimited ammo in gaylo

Civilians not present; collateral damage is best damage

This motherfucker just killed both of them with a single barrage.
Christ Church, calm down. This is a massacre!

Attached: screen051.png (800x600, 31K)

Yeah, but outside of Reach, Elites are rarely the kind to be carrying around heavy weapons.

bort gets the last one with a single shot.
Barn cleansed.

Attached: screen052.png (800x600, 10K)

based and wortpilled

Attached: elitewortwortwort.png (499x562, 337K)

>Christ Church
Heh, it’s funny not just because of 8pol, but also because I just realized we can make RvB jokes with this guy.

speaking of halo, wasn't there a halo mod released/being worked on for open X-COM?

Attached: 1505315836293.png (1280x800, 344K)

That image brings joy to my heart.
Looks like the last ones are in the UFO. Engineer's bleeding and he's gonna faint in the next turn, but he's still fighting, until the last breath.

Attached: screen053.png (800x600, 22K)

All he needs is to miss for an entire mission.

I am playing XPiratez and it's so full of fun. In case you get overwhelmed with high tier armor there is always "burn it till crispy" option or melee rush. Yet it's tiresome since after an ingame year I got common tactical armor. I don't get the point of recruiting peasants. Cannon fodder is too tedious cause of all the micro micro. Also getting any other type of aircraft is a real hassle.

And yet here he is getting bullseye bursts with fucking Autoshot.

So why is there an Enemy Within mod called “The Long War” when at the same time there’s a Second Wave option called Long War?

Do you think Deus Ex\Syndicate or just cyberpunk themed mode is viable for xcom? Playing as a corp or UNATCO would be fun with knocking out and possible stealth mechanics. Or turn PSI into AUGS.

Attached: 1553125733983.jpg (1024x610, 74K)

If we can end it this turn, we can save him.
He's probably gonna die.

Attached: screen054.png (800x600, 28K)

You haven’t even reached the UFO yet. He’s a goner.

I always use peasants as suicide bombers.

he's engineering dirt now.

Attached: 1408147304422.png (800x600, 16K)

NO

Fuck he was the one I was rooting for too. Not even a full thread and I already got attached.

RIP.
Faggot aliens didn't wanted to get out of the UFO.

Attached: screen055.png (800x600, 22K)

>Yea Forums plays X-Com thrads are back
FUCK YEAH!

Attached: 1540519680967.gif (310x224, 489K)

The only thing he could not engineer was his own survival.

I just got really excited about them when I saw stalker suts in research options. It's really funny how apples are one of the most important resources for money making.What a fool was I selling hundreds of them.

Here's one of the fags.

Attached: screen056.png (800x600, 21K)

Time to bomb the shit out of that UFO!

>Xcom followed by Tacthack tonight

F

Motherfucker hit me once, but I'm too much of a badass to even care.

Attached: screen057.png (800x600, 21K)

Attached: 1403092428573.jpg (500x277, 52K)

Christ Curch breached their sacred place and gunned another one down.

Attached: screen058.png (800x600, 21K)

Do you guys like to make roleplay operatives by dedicated tactical roles?

eh not really, I do give weapons based off rank though in FMP/Xfiles. sergeants get heavy weapons while captains/commanders stay back around the skyranger providing fire support across the map with grenade launchers

>Brazil
Except that screenshot is very obviously from Guavamoment’s LP, and that happened in fucking Kyoto, Japan.

On that subject, why the fuck didn’t Enemy Unknown have an Austrian flag for Otto Zander?

I usually choose their roles depending on their mission performance: if someone turns into a badass and clears an UFO by himself he's going to become the leader of the breaching team

Christ, Church!

He went on a rampage inside the UFO and killed the last ayys in there. He later started playing this on the Skyranger:

youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

Attached: screen059.png (800x600, 22K)

>that screenshot is very obviously from Guavamoment’s LP, and that happened in fucking Kyoto, Japan

Why would you know all this?

Why wouldn’t I know all this?
lparchive.org/X-COM-UFO-Defense/Update 29/

Attached: 6DCC0BC2-CCE2-45D7-859B-12CA7C472844.png (776x430, 43K)

why would you know this or even bring it up?, are you a hue?

Attached: Rookies.jpg (471x720, 239K)

No, I’m just a severe fucking autist with a good memory.

I like to do that, but when playing with Yea Forums, you just pick up the first thing you can use and go nuts with it. If we play it too safe, it loses the charm of the unexpected, of the clutch, of the betrayals.
Getting some promotions here.

Attached: screen060.png (800x600, 20K)

A minute of silence for those who fell during the barns invasion.

Attached: screen061.png (800x600, 15K)

Being too good makes playthroughs kinda boring and predictable

Attached: 1406944444149.jpg (2232x872, 267K)

Attached: 1528388647116.jpg (1000x563, 116K)

>A captain already
Also, the guy who did last year’s XCom for us tended to combine his screenshots using MSPaint.

Now we can play cave explorer!

Attached: screen062.png (800x600, 18K)

Oh, yeah. But I'm lazy, what can I say.
We need 9 more names in here. Go nuts.

Attached: screen063.png (800x600, 18K)

Press F to pay respects

CHEN!

Attached: 1529898835122.gif (400x400, 130K)

Aceline

Blackxican

lo wang

Chen

WOW IT TOOK 3 OF YOU

Max Payne

Maki Harukawa

"Oh God, Oh Fuck"

Looks like I was too slow this time

Attached: 1417475740170.png (554x439, 45K)

Brenton Tarrant

The Clash

Morgus Kai

My Knee Grows

Jimmy the hot soup

lmao2chen

>42 unique users
We’re alive at last

I'll use the other names later. In the meantime, have this lore.

Attached: screen065.png (800x600, 19K)

FUCKING HELL

We barely received the HE and were about to make some laser guns, but I guess we'll just fucking go there and use our peashooters to kill cyberdisks. Oh, well...

Attached: screen066.png (800x600, 16K)

oh shit

Activate the option for explosives to have height and set it to 1-2, you can take down cyberdiscs with HE then

IT'S TIME!
Hope you have at least 32 rocket launchers so that you can dual-wield them on all the soldiers

Attached: 1549891247533.png (800x1194, 69K)

>Jakarta
I wonder if there have been any successful playthroughs where the base has been set up in Southeast Asia?

Hey, just cause it’s a terror mission this early doesn’t guarantee there’ll be Cyberdisks.

Maybe you’ll get Reapers instead, and they’ll kill you even faster?

We have it on by popular demand, don't worry.
Well, there's no way to avoid our fate. At least it's not a night mission.

Attached: screen067.png (800x600, 21K)

>base in southeast asia
if it's not called "stir-fry" I don't want it.

>ask for names
>Skip many names

Cringe and bluepilled.

To this day, flat explosions is a funny phrase to me.

How about calling it Jollibee’s?

Attached: B7DAC615-E54C-49F6-BF91-888ADCC5EC3C.png (706x5728, 195K)

at least it's not A cruise mission

good thing those are from TFTD and can't happen here

Attached: 1493428608840.png (1366x768, 140K)

>flat explosions
Sounds like we need to be bringing back a character from our last Xcom LP soon.

It's Cyberdisks and mindrape.

At least we can get psionics early if I prod one of the psy-ops.

Attached: screen068.png (800x600, 16K)

Ah shit. Godspeed, 2nd.

Alright, we have a call from... Ayyfucker?!

Attached: screen069.png (800x600, 20K)

Why not just breed with the aliens?

Fun fact: The DOS version locked to Beginner difficulty after the first mission due to a bug, and you could save any time. It was still considered challenging.

>”I AM ADVOCATING FOR THE RACIAL SUPERIORITY OF ONE SENTIENT SPECIES OVER ALL OTHERS”

Mr. Sperminov died. A mystery shooter got him.

Attached: screen070.png (800x600, 28K)

And TFTD had the opposite bug where you would be locked in the hardest difficulty and thus was considered sexual abuse

Attached: TFTD.webm (1280x1024, 461K)

O KURWA

Attached: screen071.png (800x600, 22K)

Attached: 1549132384356.jpg (504x662, 82K)

>KURWA
You read Polandball comics, 2ndCommander?

RIP

Nope, sorry.
They killed tons of civilians and didn't mindraped me, so I'll consider it a good turn.

Attached: screen072.png (800x600, 16K)

So who panicked after that screen?

No one yet
I hope that 3D explosions help me now.

Attached: screen073.png (800x600, 22K)

Actually the reason TFTD is so hard is because people complained that the first was too easy without realizing it was a bug, so Micropose made TFTD super hard because they assumed they had master strategists playing

honestly I'm impressed with how decent the 40k mod has turned out. I played it a few months ago and it was alright if a bit rough but it's not bad at all now. At the start you get to choose between Imperial Guard or Spess Muhreens, I chose IG so I got valkyrie drop transports that let me deploy 20 guardsmen and other goodies.

Attached: IG research.jpg (911x556, 173K)

Attached: 1481868419974.png (166x298, 5K)

inb4 Sylvester just ends up freeing 4 cyberdisks hidden inside the warehouse

It didn't really worked as expected, and what I knew it would happen, happened.

Attached: screen074.png (800x600, 18K)

GET
THAT
ASS
BANNED

Attached: screen075.png (800x600, 49K)

OH SHIT I'VE MISSED THESE THREADS

Attached: 1527619519041.jpg (600x722, 74K)

a big F for this top cunt

I was considering running the 40k mod for Yea Forums sometime, though I've never done one of these threads or even tripped before. Would people be interested in that, and would they prefer muhreens or guard?

Fucking Cyberdisks.

Well, the plan here was to kill one with a rocket, and hoping the resulting explosion would kill the other.

But the motherfucked didn't exploded. What the actual fuck.

Attached: screen076.png (800x600, 49K)

Would be a decent idea.

Put my vote in for Guard.

It's been done at least once before, I remember. XCOM is always welcome I reckon.

I'd like to see that, actually.
Oh, come the fuck on. I'm not getting closer to that thing.

Attached: screen078.png (800x600, 37K)

Would've been awesome.
Also, Imperial Guard.

So are cyberdisks those skateboards the zoomers roll around on? Is that where we get them from?

>would they prefer muhreens or guard?
You know the answer
FIX BAYONETS!

Attached: 1541394618805.jpg (315x514, 69K)

Do it, but instead have the guardsmen be free by cheating in 1 billion dollars. Let's see who survives in the fight for the fate of the planet.

Probably for the better. In my runs of the mod so far I've actually done much better as guard if only because I don't have to spend 50k recruiting each replacement soldier, without even taking armor into account.
Also Ogryns are fun.

Please tell me that machine gun nests are a thing.

Remind me why do Cannons and Auto-cannons exist again.

Attached: screen079.png (800x600, 35K)

>800x600
Open Xcum has 1920x1080, what are you doing?

At least the good old HE conga line always works.

Attached: screen080.png (800x600, 47K)

You can't make sandbags or anything, but kneeling with some heavy weapon negates the weight, which is useful for stuff like Heavy Bolters that guardsmen otherwise struggle with.
Autocannons exist to mulch sectoids and floaters with HE ammo, and also for lighting up the night with incendiaries.

mam, commander II is a professional, we engineered him in the finest bath salts and hooker eggs money could buy.

I'm just used to the 800x600 interface. I know it's bothersome for some, but dammit, I'm too much of a boomer to let it go.
Dear Lord, why did they spawned so many Cyberdisks near me? I can barely kill 1 and one dude died to kill the other one.

Attached: screen081.png (800x600, 16K)

I bet that Gollop intended them to be shit: seems like those things are just a noobtrap to make the game even harder

Apply HI-X and RUN.
>tfw liberally applying incendiary grenades and ammo in jungle missions

Attached: out of focus or blurry IRA man.jpg (750x687, 356K)

Reminds me of a custom Starcraft map I played once where resource management was extremely strict. The Valkyrie aircraft was made to cost 9999 minerals and was renamed "DO NOT BUY."

The autocannon is great though.
Against anything that doesn't have armor or explosive resistance, at least. Against hard targets, it suffers hard.

They're good against sectoids, floaters and reapers. But the starting tier tech part of the game ends almost before it even begins.

Or an alternate theory is that they didn't realize the cyberdick is almost totally imprevious to the HC and AC, because they unknowingly hit the difficulty bug while testing and on Beginner all enemies have halved armor values which means those guns are a lot more powerful and can actually pierce cyberdisk armor.

Leave the aliens alone! They just want peace!

I can't fucking throw the HE. I need someone with a good arm.

Attached: screen082.png (800x600, 19K)

...And we can't go that way, either. I'm gonna get raped next turn. Everything and everyone's running circles around me now.

Attached: screen083.png (800x600, 20K)

Heavy cannon is essentially a heavier, less accurate version of the rifle that trades auto firing for slightly better damage and access to high-ex and incindiary. On average, a rifle will do 0 damage to a cyberdisc, while the heavy cannon's AP rounds will do 22 damage.

Wrong, you just need someone with good legs, and have him run next to the disk

abort

Oh boy. Time to just pray that none of the good units get murdered next turn.

Shit, actually, my math was off. It'd be somewhere around 10.8 damage.
Still pretty useless considering the disc's massive HP pool, but it's something.

The losses begin.

Attached: screen084.png (800x600, 45K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DK4FTvaW_6Q

Attached: screen085.png (800x600, 20K)

>everyone is clustered
I sure hope that the ayys won't fire a football...

Attached: 1550666697696.jpg (956x533, 74K)

>*reaction fires*
nuthin personnal kid

A HE that couldn't get thrown exploded.

Attached: screen087.png (800x600, 8K)

>1000hs in paint later

Attached: NedroidHE.png (800x1044, 124K)

>fighting chaos raptors and juggernauts as guard
good fucking lord. lasguns are literally useless so the whole battle is just my guardsmen crowding around the ones carrying the heavy bolters and flamers acting as meatshields

Too early for that

fuck yes
what times should i look out for you playing/posting?

Attached: xcom.png (736x904, 432K)

Eh?

Here a name for the future.

Rolf the Ripper. Make him a sniper.

Attached: Rolf is going to fuck you up.jpg (1403x834, 513K)

Perfect

Lasguns are pretty useless, but juggernauts are harmless as long as you stay out of areas they can get to. Hot-shot lasguns, Krak missiles, and chainswords work pretty decently on Raptors, though, as do grenade launchers with Krak rounds.

Also the turrets on Chimeras and Sentinels, both of which you can get very early, are very capable of melting through CSM armor.
I'll admit I wiped a few times before getting the hang of fighting them as Guard, and I still take pretty decent losses, but they're manageable if you have cover to hug. I found massed Long-Las fire to be quite effective as well.

Oh yeah, and if you need them alive, don't bother with shock mauls, just get an ogryn with decent melee accuracy to punch them. Ogryns are great, even with their rather trashy starting firing/melee accuracy and near-complete lack of reactions.
Oh man, you haven't seen shit yet though. Plague marines fuck you up hard.

Welp, that's it. Gotta recover what we can and get the fuck away.

Attached: screen088.png (800x600, 8K)

T W I N K I E H O U S E

That is, if we can survive the onslaught.

Attached: screen089.png (800x600, 21K)

Or if someone stays in the goddamned Skyranger.

Attached: screen090.png (800x600, 22K)

Let's hope someone can get inside.

Attached: screen092.png (800x600, 20K)

Who's even alive at this point?

>Stop exploding you cowards!

Attached: 1522735898312.jpg (391x366, 25K)

Shit, nobody's getting though the reaction shots.

Attached: screen093.png (800x600, 20K)

TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN

Well, there's only me after this, if I fail, then we lose the Skyranger.

Attached: screen094.png (800x600, 22K)

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Attached: 1411388403374.gif (200x150, 2.75M)

At least the mission wasn't a complete loss.

IT ALL RETURNS TO NOTHING

Attached: 1505602866299.jpg (625x790, 386K)

twas a nice round

Attached: 1547825873882.png (428x380, 270K)

We're getting out of here with nothing but the Skyranger.

Attached: screen095.png (800x600, 49K)

mission accomplished team.

WE DID IT BOYS MISSION SUCCESS

We will overcome this setback.

>wortwortwort

>someone;s doing x-com threads again

makes me want to start my x-piratez run again but I have a nonshit computer now

That's what happens when you rely on HE instead of the superior Heavy Rocket

Attached: 1529340639673.jpg (576x325, 51K)

Fuck this shit I'm outta here.

Attached: screen096.png (800x600, 17K)

Well... could've been worse.

Attached: screen097.png (800x600, 22K)

>4 units abandoned to be raped to death by the ayys

Attached: PojZrU1.gif (221x196, 380K)

Attached: Whyarewehere.png (1906x1058, 1.24M)

I hereby grant you the title of...

Attached: screen098.png (800x600, 20K)

He lived to tell the other rookies the tale of how we didn't bring enough HE

What a time to be promoted.

>2ndcommander gets everyone but himself killed
>Just as Nigger gets Celia killed in Tacthack
God, I can't wait for SAO to crash tonight...

And with this shitfest, we end up today's session.
Let's hope we can recover tomorrow, at the same hour, in the same place.
You can use this thread for whatever you want now.

Attached: screen099.png (800x600, 18K)

Thanks OP, have a good one.

To put that score into perspective, completely ignoring a terror mission is -1000

Sayonara OP

So, any of you folks ever play xenonauts?

Thanks for the thread commander, see ya tomorrow, don't let the ayys abduct you while you sleep

At least Chen wasn't on the mission
See you tomorrow OP

Fuck it, I may as well start now. I've never done this shit before so forgive me if it's ass.
I'm playing on normal because I'm a pussy and this mod is fucking hard.

Attached: let'sgo.png (1280x800, 21K)

Where's our first base gonna be?

Attached: let'sgo2.png (1280x800, 117K)

The artic!

Let's do this!

Attached: 1541846067722.jpg (600x404, 44K)

Name it Valhalla

What shall we name this base?

Attached: let'sgo3.png (1280x800, 139K)

Also, I need your opinions. Should I sack the starting space marines or keep them around? The drop pod's definitely going out the window since it'll mush our flimsy guardsmen.

What this user said

Since we're going to do a guardsman run you should sack them
Maybe just keep one as hero unit for shits and giggles

And here we go! I'll be going to guard route, so that's our first research.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 36K)

Never played the 40k mod or any classic x-com. But we need the MECHS

I'll need names for our 8 starting guardsmen. More are on their way, along with more scientists (excuse me, adepts)
Rest assured, I'll probably buy a sentinel for early-game anti-armor.

Chen
First in
Hopefully she won't be the first to die too

Attached: 1530380288344.jpg (300x442, 47K)

Press F to pay respects

Carlos Carlos

Fuck, forgot image. I hate captcha.

Attached: erewego2.png (1280x800, 39K)

I'll also need names for our two crafts, a Valkyrie troop transport (which also makes a decent interceptor) and a Stormtalon, which will be our first dedicated interceptor.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 40K)

HereticGuy

Inquisition Partyvan

Commissar Fucklaw

Attached: 1551738515395.jpg (712x782, 178K)

Tanya von Degurechaff

Captain Bravo

Note the Marines' amazing stats. Fuck that, we don't need that shit.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 39K)

based thread

Please tell me what game you are discussing friends

Holy shit what? When the fuck did this come back? Why is it now of all times too?

Every time, without failure.

x-com files or is this vanilla?

Looks like 40,000.
Totally not Copywritten.

it was vanilla, and its done for today, it will be back tomorrow, now somebody else is doing 40k mod

>amazing stats
>only 20 bravery
>random guardsman has 50 bravery
what?

Oh shit nice thread, have to sleep though, enjoy it.

40k mod, which I'm running.
I'm also the posts you replied to.
I'll save Fuklaw for when we actually get a Commisar.

Disregard this post, I suck cocks.

Godspeed Commanders.

They're just SM scouts, not proper muhreens. Also muh balance.
It's worth noting that standard flak armor lowers your bravery by 10, as well.
I still need more names, and one for the Stormtalon. Inquisition Party Van was too long so is this okay?

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 23K)

Ah, the sweet, sweet smell of new guns.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 112K)

I would say that works. As for another name, how about Jade Ham?

Biggus Dickus

It's official. We're Guard chads now.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 53K)

Maybe we should we bring in a single Space Marine just so that we can have mankind's greatest champion on our side

Attached: 1546324710657.png (1280x800, 22K)

Techpriest waifu for the stormtalon

NO, we all remember what happened last time
keep that smurf out of this

What should we research first? Laser weapons will get us lascarbines and long-las, as well as open up lascannon research. Basic training opens up barracks, which function like X-Com files gyms. The others should be self-explanatory.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 133K)

>trying out the 40k mod myself
>guardsmen deaths only count for like -12 points with no penalty for teamkilling
wew

>that Cato
Step it up boy.
>not having him carry the finale.

Attached: J67ODhH.png (1280x800, 16K)

I'll be getting a commisar since they're fucking useful. They require a hard-to-get resource, honor badges, though. We start with three.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 106K)

Guardsmen have it rough

Laser weapon sounds useful, go for it

The new ones are fine for casual play. I haven't gotten to the DOS series despite owning them on Steam yet.

Craft Aux Systems. Never enough Auxiliary Systems.

The apocalypse one is best.

we need that lascannon to deal with armor

I'm also getting a Chimera because it has 24 seats and we'll need every single one

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 56K)

>mfw I was the user who named that soldier
>tfw seeing the absolute shitstorm of a legacy he has

Attached: steve5.png (1200x1124, 1.05M)

One hit wonder.

I plan on returning to these threads/streams soon

Six more names! Laser weapons are being researched.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 112K)

Wavy

Godbert

Give this man a power fist.

Cultist-chan

Attached: 1549846492376.jpg (1280x720, 218K)

In. Godbert has some damn fine stats for a guardsman, too.

Cultist Chan

GiantBig McLargeHuge

Attached: jamesvegaakabeeftankmchugelarge.jpg (1280x1069, 551K)

It'd be great to see another TFTD thread after 2nd Commander and 40K Commander are done. I'm itching to make some TFTD OC
Vance Motherfucking Stubbs

Attached: db2d37d15967ecd20fdb46d7f3ac87172fde24c5.png (1150x1207, 1.32M)

Will do as soon as he can carry one. They're fucking heavy.
Fucklaw has arrived, as has the Chimera.

Biggus Dickus made it in, right? RIGHT?

Guardsman #69

He did. We're down to one unnamed guard, and the "mother" wouldn't fit for Vance.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 40K)

ohh, i didn't have this one, nice

a shame that it isn't a chrysalid telling a soldier if he wants to get filled with eggs and turn into a lid

I was thinking of re-doing my Files Run, or do TFTD again. I also need to clear SH/IM of Vanilla at some point with you guys.

>Grinding REA right now

Fucking lost it.

No UFO activity yet, but good news! Everyone is named and Laser weapon research is complete, so I'm buying some Long-Las. More stuff is building in the base. What now?

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 130K)

If it's not too late, Heavy Plasma Backstop

TFTD would be nice, don't do files, its too long, although its fun we will never see it done, it gets too grindy at some points

thre isn't a FMP version of TFTD right?

Not really, there's a Files esque version of it though.

get a drop valkyrie for dem 20 man meme deploys

Skyranger: Pussywagon
Interceptor: Broplane 1 and 3

Lascannon

Well, speak of the devil. Pray it's not CSM, everyone.
As soon as we get a new guard I can name 'em.
Can't research 'em yet, sadly.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 118K)

Cultist-chan piloting the Techpriest Waifu downs it! We need a name for the Chimera, by the way.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 125K)

Your Mom

The good thing about TFTD is that you can actually complete the campaign in a week or two
I don't think you can do the same with X-Com Files, unless there is a way to rush everything

The newly christened Your Mom makes it to the crash site and all 15 of our brave soldiers arm up.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 44K)

Yeah I know, thats why I'm deciding on Vanilla or TFTD. As much as I would LOVE to do TFTD again, Vanilla needs to come first, but 2nd can handle that for now.

This is gonna be great!

Attached: 1550790680499.gif (900x900, 395K)

LET'S ROCK BABY!

Attached: 1552006220140.gif (480x264, 1.35M)

Fucklaw grabs a flamer.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 35K)

FOR THE EMPRAH

We show up and THANK THE EMPEROR IT'S JUST CULTISTS

Attached: thanksemp.png (1280x800, 128K)

Can you actually shoot with the Chimera?

Hell yeah. Gunned down the guy with it, too.
You can't see it in that picture but we actually have two.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 156K)

mfw

Attached: 1523975879903.png (672x434, 143K)

Attached: 1406823698976.jpg (407x405, 58K)

We take a few las potshots and a cultist scurries into sight but they all miss.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 184K)

The turret quickly mulches him, then Press F tosses a flare and reveals another.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 185K)

Captain Bravo slays him with a single shot after Jade climbs onto the Chimera roof and misses both her shots.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 188K)

Jade is tired!

With only one cultist left alive judging by the incredibly short length of the enemy turn, the rest of the team moves up the secure the ship. Biggus Dickus takes point.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 194K)

>Woah mamma!

Attached: 1506372203638.png (1118x737, 249K)

No wonder he stayed inside the ship: we open the door only to be greeted with the sight of a cultist with nothing but a laspistol.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 12K)

Biggus attempts to hose him with point-blank auto fire, but it seems his lasgun is too long and he misses every shot. Shoulda gone for the bayonet, I suppose.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 209K)

Press F moves in and promptly bayonets him, ending the mission. No casualties!

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 45K)

HUzzah!

The Emperor protects!

Not much in the way of gains, but Press F gets a nice spread and some reactions, since melee scales off it.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 41K)

They both get promotions, as well!

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 42K)

At last, room for more guns. Another barracks will be done in 6 days, as well.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 124K)

Attached: bkub_okejka.png (217x190, 55K)

Jade Ham will pull through soon, I just know it!

Haven't been able to catch any more ships, but we have lascannons now! Or will, at least, once I manufacture some.

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 128K)

Well shit.
What should we research now?

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 27K)

How clean the emperors skeleton!

Also REINFORCEMENTS
We can now actually fill the chimeras! I need, like, 20 new names! Don't be afraid to double-dip!

Attached: erewego.png (1280x800, 121K)

Never played this mod, but I'll say meltaguns so that we can hopefully charge enemy vehicles

Broly

OH DEAR.
Gimme those names, we're gonna need them.
Melta is solid- it strips armor quite well in exchange for having to melt through armor before touching health much. It does kill fast once it does. I'm grabbing Basic Training first though, since it's really fucking good.

Attached: ohno.png (1280x800, 123K)

Anduin Wrynn

Todd Howard

Maki Harukawa

Q-tip

The Emperor's left testicle

Bnthony Aurch

Wario

Attached: nomercy.png (464x429, 415K)

Mario

Wario is a bit of a coward.

Attached: ohno.png (1107x703, 39K)

Beeftank

Los Tiburon

Kazama Kiryu

Attached: A Smiley Boi.png (567x680, 256K)

Solid Snake

Attached: snake.jpg (1024x1015, 123K)

Nothing Wrong

Giga Salamander

Attached: 1529665109309.jpg (392x429, 32K)

Shadowsun ex-lover

Garcian Smith

Elves are pure

Aaand that's everybody! I haven't even started the mission and I'm already wishing I bought more rockets.

Alpharius

The Chimeras are fucking slow, but it's worth it for the turrets and 24 men.
Onto meltas!

Attached: ohno.png (1236x772, 122K)

A small lands right by our base, but all the guns are in the chimera. Alas.

Attached: ohno.png (1104x760, 105K)

HERE WE GO

Attached: ohno.png (1220x780, 41K)

Simple, we just put guns on rockets

Emperor, please protect us!!!!

Attached: 1526395639153.jpg (220x215, 27K)

Alpharius

>TERROR MISSION

Attached: 1551763292406.gif (264x320, 929K)

HereticGuy gets a rocket launcher- it's too heavy for him, but he'll have to deal. Tanya will carry his spare ammo and grab the launcher if he dies.

Attached: ohno.png (1252x780, 34K)

betting it's raptors with juggernauts

>58/17
Who's carrying whom?

Can you even fire it?
Looks like his AP will be almost zero

weight capacity only affects stamina, not AP

AP penalties only apply on the first turn in this mod- instead, it murders your stamina.
Long las, grenade launchers, tons of grenades, a shotgun, and flamers have been distributed. Let's rock.

Attached: ohno.png (1190x747, 25K)

THE EMPEROR PROTECTS, IT'S JUST CULTISTS AND DEMONS
WE ACTUALLY HAVE A PRETTY GOOD CHANCE

Attached: ohno.png (1276x800, 86K)

>demons

if any guardsman survives, make sure to send them to our friendly local inquisitor for questioning

This demon is a bit close for my liking, though. I'm opening up with the turrets.

Attached: ohno.png (1262x787, 99K)

>night mission

This will end up badly.

Attached: asia.jpg (781x621, 47K)

It's fiiiine, the demons leave trails of fire which should light them up, and cultists can't see in the dark.
The turret's shot is blocked by the plane-looking thing, but it can nail the cultist behind the demon.
Fun fact: You can actually have the Grey Knights try to disappear you in this mod.

Attached: ohno.png (1264x788, 93K)

Tanya hides where the demon can't actually get her. She's both a medic and the carrier of the spare rockets, so she's not getting sacrificed right away.

Attached: ohno.png (1232x772, 102K)

can't you go chaos as well? I remember looking at the tech tree and that was how you could use eldar weapons

Press F botches his shot and eats a las to the face. You know what to do.
What do you think makes the Grey Knights go after you, user?

Attached: ohno.png (1284x792, 99K)

F

Are those friendly guardsmens?

Ayup. They're good for buying time, but they mostly just have laspistols. They can kill cultists every now and then, though.
Chen takes cover and drops a krak on a cultist's head.

Attached: ohno.png (1256x792, 99K)

F

F

Dickus gives the demon a las burst and scores three hits, but it doesn't seem to do much more than wound so he moves back.

Attached: ohno.png (1256x784, 93K)

F

That was an amazing trow, well done Chen!

Attached: 1552945643357.jpg (269x188, 18K)

Anduin puts it down with a second burst.

Attached: ohno.png (1288x772, 93K)

FFFuuuuuuuck

F

Bravo avenges Press F with his long-las.

Attached: ohno.png (1276x796, 106K)

Attached: 69507795_p0.png (1002x1409, 1.2M)

Good

Attached: 1553053036838.jpg (322x281, 20K)

I have visuals on the leader, but nobody has a decent shot. Our immediate area is clear so folks are moving out.

Attached: ohno.png (1232x776, 15K)

Fuklaw inspires Heretic to have enough TU for a shot!

Attached: ohno.png (1216x792, 114K)

Do I risk it?

Attached: ohno.png (1280x812, 106K)

Do it, the numbers command!

he's a guardsman, he's not going to have a better chance anytime soon

Also fug I gotta make a new thread
Get in here