Worth buying for full price or should I wait for a sale?

Worth buying for full price or should I wait for a sale?

Attached: 12131313465.jpg (960x540, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmVM1LsbHvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wait. It's really not that good. Gameplay is even more boring than previous From games

Pirate and if you like it buy it

Why would you buy it if you like it? Dumbass "moral" "pirates"

Its realy difficult, and for some stupid reasen they punisch people who are bad at it even harder

It’s fun if you’re into parrying. Feels really satisfying blocking everything and then countering.

This game isnt even worth watching a walkthough on youtube its so boring just pass

Attached: 1552946765151.jpg (1080x1080, 100K)

>buying anything at full price
>EVER

Attached: 1552992446976.jpg (326x352, 20K)

Why wouldn't you?

Depends what money is worth to you user. I'd say that unless you are a big Fromsoft fanboy it is really not worth the full price. Then again, can't remember the last AA/AAA game that was worth its release's 60$ desu.

This is probably the best advice. If you're into stealth kills and blocking/counter attacking then you'll enjoy it. If you're less into either of those things then it's probably not for you.

I am considering pirating on PC and buying for PS4 if I like it because I have a comfier console set up.

>if you resurrect you might get dragon rot!
>die
>WHAT WILL YOU DO, DIE OR RESURRECT!
>dont want to get dragon rot, choose die.
>YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN DRAGON ROT!

Returned in 54 minutes. Every other From game really is just trash.

Tell me user, what do you consider coming back from the dead at shrines if not "resurrection?"

Kingdom Come Deliverance

It's just different. It's more stealth-friendly than souls or bloodborne and you're more likely to get fucked up if you play like a tard.

You could use your reading skills(if you have any) and discover that reviving mid-battle doesn't get you dragonrot.

im only waiting because it looks super repetitive. i have a backlog, including Dark Souls 3 which I still havent bought yet. just going to wait to play this...just doesn't look all that great that i need to play it now.

It's not that amazing, pirate it, play and forget.

DS1 >> BB >>>>> DeS>DS3>>>>>DS2>>>>SKR

It's absolutely worth the full price.

If you like mediocre games

The lack of ADP alone makes it superior to DaS2.

just pirate it, its ok but really no goty contender

This game is great. Lots of casuals on Yea Forums these days who cry about it being too hard. But it’s a superficial complaint just like when Kingdom Come came out and everyone called the quests buggy because they couldn’t figure them out without quest markers. This game is a nice game for oldschool gamers who enjoy right and responsive gameplay and challenging battles.

Cringe post
Learn to accept criticism instead of trying to paint everyone who doesn't love it as a casual retard.

zoooooooooooooooooooooom

Pirate it, then judge by yourself.

>waahhhh accept my criticism even though I’m pleb
No thanks

worth a buy, furendo

It’s like Dark Souls of the gameplay was actually good

Technically most games these days come with a early adopter sale. I saved $5 on Sekiro which is something albeit small.

so still no story then?

Better story too

if anyone was thinking about getting it on base ps4, think again
shit is borderline unplayable, way worse than BB

I gotta wonder if the people saying it's like Souls have even played it. It's nothing like Souls. The movement is completely different, it's a full-blown stealth game, and the combat is completely different. You run around at lightspeed and jump onto walls and roofs and shit. Does that sound like Souls to you? The only thing it shares is bonfires, health potions and some aesthetics/characters. It plays like a totally different game. And so far it's fun as fuck.

its spammy tho. you'd think they'd change the whole dodge and attack formula a bit to add some variety and combo mastery for the whole attacking part. from just can't do interesting combat.

should've added to it actually has a traditional story, unlike the detective shit you have to do in Souls. There's tons of cutscenes/dialogue. And it's surprisingly not cringe at all.

That's the most wrong thing I ever heard.

It's the opposite. It's like Dark Souls if someone ruined the atmosphere, put it in a shit boring setting, removed all weapons and armor and made the gameplay less fun.

Attached: 1545414915919.png (669x514, 25K)

itd a solid 9.5/10 game for me :-)

You're both retarded. It's nothing like souls.

How similar is this to Dark Souls 2? Serious inquiry.

>everyone is poor commie faggot

It's similar in that both aren't as good as the other games, but I'd still rank DS2 quite a bit above Flopiro.

Its tedious and boring

It's nothing like any Souls game. Ignore the trolls.

>It's nothing like any Souls game
Only a retard would think this.

Surely it's a lot closer to a Souls game than Tetris.

oh fuck off, you dickless pedant

so is it like tenchu or what

Yeah they're both bad.

I'm asking because I detest DS2. If this is anything near that I wont enjoy. Would prefer to save my shekels.

what about it would you rank higher tho?
DS2 was a slow clunky piece of shit.
from have improved their animations, controls & the feel for sekiro.
it's still nowhere near as good as team ninjas level but it's better.
is it everything else like designs, pacing, RPG stuff?

Just resurrect and use your idol, dragon rot is not a big deal anyway and is part of the story.

Pirate but it's worth buying full price. Miyazaki and From are still the best in world building and varying content. Actually hilarious how they make other triple A companies look bad.

Yes it kind of is. You should play it more like a Tenchu game than a Souls game. Stealth is as important as combat. It's kind of a good mix of both Tenchu and Souls.

it's not like any Souls game. It's a stealth action game.

Yeah with the "stealth" aspect of it being completely worthless and shoddily made.

I pirated it and played until I beat horse man then quit.
Don't think I'll pick it up again.
All the "unique" mechanics are pointless and half asses. Grapple is not even a real mechanic, stealth is only useful for instant killing mobs you instant kill anyway and functions like ass, prosthetic are just a shiny way to package consumables, and posture is just stamina and shield breaking from dark souls with it's own special bar

that's kind of like saying metal gear rising isn't like platinums other action games because it has stealth sections.

git gud. literally. There's a bit of a curve, but it works. You need to use your eyes and ears. No batman vision for you, zoomer. It's made to stick and run. You isolate a target, kill, then sprint behind a building or into grass or hook to a roof and disappear.

You don't even get why people make fun of the stealth. That's how retarded you are. You think people have trouble with it instead of realizing that people hate it because of how halfassed it is.

Except this game doesn't have "stealth sections." Stealth is a primary mechanic used throughout the game, as often as open combat.

halfassed implies it doesn't work. I'm having zero problems. Maybe you just suck? Like I said, you probably want a minimap and highlights. Then you'd say it's a robust stealth suite. And it wouls be easy as shit and fucking suck. You reek of zoom.

From what I've read, you are forced to encounter mobs regardless of the stealth mechanic. I'm curious how integral stealth really is at the end of the day.

You're not even worth talking to.

How exactly would you make it "not half assed"? Because I'm not seeing it. I think it's fine.

this
if you play it like they want you to play it its very fast, and you can bust the enemies wide open if you combo correctly
I'm pretty sure most of the people saying its boring are either shitposting or trying to play it like its dark souls, which doesn't really work

Wait for a sale. It's not great.

Well yeah. Bosses are forced encounters. But everything else is open to stealth. Like I said eariler, it's a good mix of both Souls and Tenchu. Just because it's more Souls during boss fights doesn't mean it isn't Tenchu everywhere else.

Sword combat in Souls is slow and clunky. Here it’s actually right and fast and fun and blocks work well. That’s what gameplay is about. Your other complaints are simply nitpicks that you can’t play Barbie with your character and also that you’re a butthurt Anglo.

Or maybe people actually just don't like Sekiro as much as they liked Souls and you could manage to accept that without trying to come up with some "no you just x" bullshit attempt at dismissing everything people say?

Is that so inconceivable for you you fucking moron?

Souls combat is indeed more deliberate, slower and more tactical. I agree.

And that's why it is better. Sekiro caters more to the ADHD zoomer crowd who comes from action games.

Let the salt flow, soulsbabby.

>slower means tactical
Lmao stay asshurt console anglo

I don't like it as much as I like souls but its still very fun

>Souls more tactical
Oh, so you haven't played Sekiro yet.

Yea and its the same for MGR for most enemies you can choose to use stealth. it's a mechanic that's there. with forced fights for bosses & other sections.

FAST = GOOD
SLOW = BAD

Go play DMC5 you zoomer kid

Thank you.

Two things can be simultaneously true:
>Some people legitimately don't like it and have valid criticisms.
>Some people are erroneously treating it like a Souls game and are ruining their experiences because of it.

Lolol cry more pleb anglo also we all know you’re under 25, so why are you calling everyone a zoomer?

He didn't say that. YOU said slow good fast bad, you fag. I say both good. But Sekiro is way deeper/more tactical.

Sure, but all I'm seeing right now is people dismissing all criticism, even posts that make multiple points and talk about non-gameplay things such as the setting, atmosphere or whatever with "lol ur just bad at it" which is retarded

I would say stealth is less optional in Sekiro because of how much damage enemies do.

>It's more stealth-friendly
stealth completely ruins the game also enemies are fucking deaf lol
literally watched like 1 minute and figured it out right away

>But Sekiro is way deeper/more tactical.
Disagree. Sekiro is less tactical and less fun. There's also much less variety to it. Play it once? Ok you're done.

Sekiro is much more tactical, the game gives you a set amount of prosthetic attachments and enemies, specifically bosses, are weak to them, and generally gathering information via eavesdropping tells you what to use where
that alone makes it more tactical than souls

Prosthetics are just fancy ways of packaging consumables, that's it.

There's no weapon variety whatsoever. It's like if you were forced to play all Souls games with only an uchigatana with a shit moveset.

>I completely wrote a game off after watching "like" 1 minute of footage
yikes. fake gamer detected.

tenchu on ps1 has smarter ai lmaoooooooo

>It's like if you were forced to play all Souls games
IT'S
NOT
A
SOULS
GAME

Why the fuck are fashion fags such... oh right.

ITS BORING AND TEDIOUS. SNOOZEFEST

you can say that all day but there are zero enemies in dark souls that have a critical weakness to throwing knives, but many enemies in Sekiro that have a critical weakness to shuriken
so yeah, they are just repackaged consumables but this time they all have a use beyond immediate damage or adding a bleed or poison effect

Your retort makes no sense. I said "It's like". Saying "it's not Souls" doesn't make my argument go away.

watching it on twitch now. really don't feel like im missing out on anything.

same old FROM shit in terms of story, every time you talk to anyone its an esoteric lore dump about shit that makes you question whether or not youve missed something important even tho you havent.

combat is basically BloodBorne but faster paced and even less unique and also efficient ways to fight.

some character customisation in terms of a skill tree but no creation or even armor changes. the skill tree reminds me of games like MGSV/bamham/shadows of boredor, adds variety to something that you can already do easily and efficiently without upgrades or new abilities.
honestly this game looks like a pastiche of a bamham game, a tenchu game, ninja gaiden and bloodborne. but the bloodborne parts are all the most reductive parts of that compared to souls and the stealth mechanics are pointless in that theres no reward to being stealthy. i'd compared this game unfavourably to nioh but that would be a huge disservice to nioh

>combat is basically BloodBorne
What an insult to Bloodborne.

keep crying about how people spend their money

parry then mash buttons. seems very similar

oh shit where were the fireworks item that scares animals in dark souls? I never found that one

Seethe

>yikes. fake gamer detected.
projecting hard

literally what's the point of choosing Death then?

Bloodborne is a fucking masterpiece and either the best or second best thing From ever created (some argue Dark Souls is even better).

Sekiro is a forgettable Tenchulike with Souls elements that no one will care about in mere weeks from now because of its mediocrity in all aspects.

he has a point tho. stealth kills feel cheap but the other option is shit too because why would anyone want to fight those nuisance enemies when they waste a lot of your time & just get annoying? the game wants you to skip the fights.
so the game becomes all about watching the same stealthkill animations over and over until you can get to the boss.

i really didnt like bloodborne that much, but watching other people play it inspired me to buy it at least. sekiro just looks bland as fuck

>only filtering "Sekiro"
>16 hidden threads
>still finding a few threads not filtered
Impressive

Attached: 1549190934005.jpg (390x398, 135K)

This is makes no sence at all. This is why so many don't understand the mechanic

>people are talking about the new game that just came out
Wow, what a surprise

Attached: 1552431916599.jpg (641x546, 64K)

I like it guys :^) why is everyone so mad?

it seems like the people who like it are mad that others dont. funny how that works. i have no interest in buying it or playing but im happy as a clam :)

having no multiplayer was such a retarded decision

i also love it, this game rocks and i hope we see some of the formula evolved in a lot of games the next years.
it feels like i´m at the end now, vit 19 att 11.
did so much choices i regret in the playtrough, i´m certain to replay it after the end. I feel that most people i know will try the game and wont struggle to the end, just dump the game and never touch it again, which makes me a little bit sad because the game is really well designed except for a few small things.

from should have put a disclaimer on the box "please dont buy if you´re mentally a 8- or 60+ year old. game requires to read, look closely, think and make the correct conclusions"
fuck ´n zoomers

Attached: 1552489933352.jpg (1152x2295, 233K)

Do people think like this when it comes to movies?

Does it run acceptably on base PS4?

It runs with 30fps and has random stutters.
youtube.com/watch?v=vmVM1LsbHvA

The game is filled with poor explanations like this.

I'm waiting for a sale because I wasn't really that interested in it at all

Just pirate it jesus

Please remember you're talking to a Fromdrone

Is this a good game to start with for soulsborne?

this is why im waiting for patchs to play the game i bought it full price like a gud goy